Patriot Warranty Logo

Patriot Warranty

6.6

Patriot Warranty was founded in 2007 in California. Today, the company provides comprehensive coverage for all drivers nationwide. Patriot Warranty’s goals are to "provide exceptional service, eliminate delays, and develop the industry standard for Extended Vehicle Service Programs.” The company directly hires ASE certified technicians who will speak directly to your choice of repair center about repairs and the process moving forward.

The Good

• 30-Day, 100% Money-Back Guarantee and Prime Match Promise
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Accepted at All Dealerships and ASE Licensed Repair Centers
  • Plans Come with Built-In Features

30-Day, 100% Money-Back Guarantee and Price Match Promise

Patriot Warranty offers an agreement to get 100 percent of your money back within 30 days and a price match promise. This ensures that you can find the cheapest rates at Patriot Warranty for your coverage needs.

24/7 Customer Service

Patriot Warranty provides 24/7 customer service over the phone or through chat via email. Furthermore, consumers using Patriot Warranty attest that the customer service representatives are helpful and knowledgeable.

Accepted at All Dealerships and ASE Licensed Repair Centers

All Patriot Warranty contracts are accepted at all dealerships and ASE licensed repair centers. This is unlike many other extended warranty companies that have a more limited selection for customers to choose from when it comes to repairing their car. This gives the consumer more flexibility of where to go and bypasses the hassle of confirming with the car warranty company that they are accepted at a certain repair center or searching through a list of mechanics.

Plans Come with Built-In Features

Patriot Warranty offers three extended car warranty plans that cover slightly different aspects of your vehicle.

• Patriot Plus — covers engine, transmission, cooling system, electrical, brake system, drive axle, and AWD
  • Patriot Advanced — engine, transmission, steering, cooling system, electrical, brake system, drive axle, and AWD
  • Patriot Premier Elite — engine, transmission, steering, cooling system, electrical, brake system, air conditioning, fuel system, drive axle, ABS-brakes, suspension, AWD, super/turbo charger, hi-tech, seal and gaskets, and GPS navigation

Each of these three plans include the following:

• Towing Assistance — If need be, Patriot Warranty will arrange for a tow truck to tow your inoperable vehicle to the nearest repair facility.
  • Car Rental Assistance — If you require a car rental due to your car being repaired, Patriot Warranty will reimburse you $30 per day for up to 5 days.
  • Roadside Assistance — This service includes; lock-out assistance, fuel delivery service, a battery jumpstart, and flat tire assistance.
  • Trip Interruption — If you are more than 100 miles away from home and your car is kept overnight at a car dealership, Patriot Warranty will reimburse you for lodging and meals.

The Bad

• Only Three Options Extended Warranty Options

Only Three Available Coverage Options

Patriot warranty only offers three different plans for coverage options:

• Patriot Plus
  • Patriot Advanced
  • Patriot Premier

Although they all add varying levels of coverage, many other car warranty companies offer more options.

The Bottom Line

Overall, even though Patriot Warranty only offers three different plans, the typical consumer will be able to find a plan that suits their needs. Consumers seeking a cheaper option than competitors will benefit from the price match guarantee offered by Patriot Warranty.

Patriot Warranty takes precautions to make sure that customers feel taken care of by training  employees to be able to handle typical problems. The company’s offer of 24/7 customer service is convenient because car troubles can come at any time of the day.

Overall, Patriot Warranty is a trusted name in the industry that offers a variety of plans at an affordable price. Patriot warranty can be a viable option for those looking for an extended car warranty.

4.0

Joyce Porter Seattle, WA

So folks, i have been using Patriot warranty since 8 months. My experiences have varied but mostly they have been good so i can happily give them 4 out 5 stars. Two of my car's have their extended warranty plans. They are reliable especially when it comes to their road side assistance. You can actually expect them to be on time and provide you with the needed help Since they have so many advantages i would say other car owners should avail their facilities as well.

Brenda Haynes Seattle, WA

So here is what happened. My car's brakes were not working well. I was sure there is some trouble so i took it to my dealer for a thorough check up. The problem was fixed and Patriot warranty played it part very well. The payment was made to him quite swiftly. Everything was convenient so i would say it is customer friendly. Anyone can use their services. The workers are definitely professional and considerate towards the customers. I am satisfied with them.

Lawrence Campas West Chicago, IL

Patriot warranty has a good price in general. Their reps explained the warranty pretty well and answered all the questions I had. I had to file a claim for the suspensions on my car. The process was pretty simple. Everything went great.

Thad Bitter Atlanta, GA

My experience was awesome. I would recommend your firm to anyone looking for an extended coverage for their vehicle. Your Representative was respectful, informed, and knowledgeable. He was able to explain the coverage and details of the plan very clearly. Again a great experience.

Brooks Harwell Salt Lake City, UT

I have felt secure with this policy and the service has been amazing. When I call I get straight through and my issues are resolved very quickly and efficiently. I have highly recommended this service to friends and family alike as it is well worth the money and peace of mind. Thank you for keeping this a quality bargain and benefit through amazing customer service!

Hershel Gunnels Chicago, IL

I bought service contract for my second vehicle and found Patriot staff very professional and accommodating. I really like the way they treat customers or potential customers. Right from first enquirer to the signing of the contract Patriot associates have answered all my question with patience and maximum detail.

Johnny Elvin St Louis, MO

These guys are simply amazing. I purchased a warranty plan from them and 3 weeks later my AC broke down. They got it fixed with no questions asked! It was truly a burden taken off my shoulders. Patriot Warranty has had fantastic customer service and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an auto warranty company that definitely puts the customer first!

Steven Heater Phoenix, AZ

Patriot Warranty really delivers what it claims. Their team and quality of service are really exceptional. I totally recommend Patriot Warranty to anyone looking for an inexpensive service contract for their car.

Quinton Bibby Dallas, TX

If you’re in the market for a great deal on your car, the service contracts these people provide is insane vs. one-offs at the dealer. It helped save me hundreds and I didn’t even spend a extra dollar when my car broke down. All my expenses were covered so I was very satisfied!

Man Hurless Charlotte, NC

I can say without a doubt that Patriot Warranty offers the best service contracts that I could find. It feels so much safer driving my Mini with a contract backing it. It’s definitely worth it to dish out monthly payments than to just pay a big sum upfront.

Adan Lindsley Charlotte, NC

I signed up for an automobile service contract a few months back and it’s been great so far. It was easy to understand that I won’t have to worry about a thing afterwards. It’s a much better experience than negotiating the dealership for service prices.

Stewart Tatham

Matt excellent representative, he was pleasant, helpful and very patient.... With everything going on in the world Matt made me feel very comfortable with taking on this service and not having a problem with it and if I have any question I could always call him back and he would assist me and this made me very happy with my service.

Florentino Blakeman Chicago, IL

This company is outstanding! I used my policy several months after purchasing it and the cost of repairs almost covered the cost of the policy on my BMW. I just purchased another policy for my wife's Jeep! Money well spent!

James Spanke Hanford, CA

Patriot warranty is a scam. Most, if not all of their positive reviews are fake. They deny all claims and take forever to respond. Then claim they will give you a refund (after you complain multiple times). Then the refund never comes. Looking them up I find complaints and law suits everywhere. This company is a marketing company... not a warranty company. They are skilled at taking your money and then not covering anything. Ask your local mechanic or dealer service department if they have ever heard of Patriot.. Mine hadn't. Not the Chevy dealer OR the Ford dealer. And both went around and around with patriot over months until they finally denied claims. The dealers told me they had never seen anything like this before. This company needs to be shut down. Look at all of their bad reviews... they all seem to tell the same story.

Jeannette Bowen Phoenix, AZ

Patriot warranty is the best. It has been 3 years since I purchased its advance premium plan and trust me never paid anything extra except for the premium. The company has increased the coverage and time period of its plans and I am very happy with that. The approval of claim is like piece of cake as no third party is involved. I would definitely recommend you all to buy extended warranty from Patriot.

Crystal Ford Lake Zurich, IL

I went for the gasket and oil leakage issue. It took me an hour to get through the phone call as lines were quite busy. However, when my call was answered all of my frustration vanished as the guy sounded so pleasant and welcoming. He listened to my issues and sent help immediately. My car was fixed within hours and all the paperwork was done by the mechanic himself. I couldn’t recommend this company enough.

Marlisha ,

If I could put ZERO stars I would. I was convinced by sales rep to purchase a warranty and cancel my previous one with another company for a refund. One week Later found out I couldn’t do it and asked for my money back. They told me I had 30 days to cancel and get full refund. It has been 5-6 months of them providing excuses for why I haven’t received a refund. They hang up in my face etc. I will be taking them to court!

Freda Hunt Phoenix, AZ

Just wow! I love Patriot warranty and especially their staff. Incredible customer support department i must say. Recently i had a small query and i got into touch with one of their customer support reps. He guided me so well and was so accommodating. I really liked the way he professionally yet warmly handled my issue. I would have been frustrated otherwise but it really did help me stay calm. It was sorted, i would choose Patriot warranty if i had to choose again.

Renee Colon Edison, NJ

Getting an extended car warranty for my Subaru was a big step for me as i had to save up for it and invest the money at the right place. This car was a present from my parents and now i wanted to get it secured on my own. I saved up and did my research. I purchased their plus plan almost one year ago and today i can safely say that i am a satisfied customer of Patriot warranty.

George Hightower Atlanta, GA

had an issue in the beginning with my car. But Patriot Warranty has been nothing but reliable during the whole process. car is running thanks to patriot.

Jane May ,

After looking around on the Jeep forum looking for a fix to what to me looked like a faulty center cluster (the tripometer would not stay reset) and after taking my car to the dealership, where with all the tests they made , they found noting, I went to a local repair shop run by a friend of my dad's and they found it to be exactly what everyone said, but the dealership did not want to cover the cost, so I had it replaced using my extended warranty from Patriot Warranty. They covered everything except a $100 deductible, although not even the manufacturer wanted to cover it. Sometimes, you get a resolution where you least expected it, so I want to thank everyone at Patriot Warranty for bringing some good news my way.

Shawn Thornton ,

America is lucky to have companies like Patriot warranty. I had my extended warranty contract with another company in 2018. I was not happy with them to be honest and I needed some change as it was frustrating me so i looked for more options and ended up switching to Patriot warranty. They are much better and mental relief, better packages and really appealing customer service. I have availed their road side assistance 2 weeks ago and it was impressive.

Dina Myers Atlanta, GA

I had the best experience with Patriot warranty. I recommended all of my friends. I had a starter go bad. Patriot warranty fixed the starter while I was shopping next door! way 2 go!

Fiona Vaughan Dallas, TX

My wipers started making a weird sound when turned on, like the electric switch was about to die every-time they swiped from one side to another. After a million postponements, I called Patriot Warranty's claim line and got them fixed. They had my wiper motor replaced with the repair center I usually take my car to, which belongs to my brother-in-law. He told me he's always happy to work with them and never had any problems getting paid. Double thumbs up for Patriot Warranty in this family.

Jordan Michaels Brooklyn, NY

I had such a wonderful experience with patriot, that I even recommend all my friends. I had a blown starter and patriot warranty had me fixed in no time. i waited only an hr shopping nearby while my car was being fixed! I never had such a service not even from my instance company for accidents. WAY 2 GO!

Una Graham Atlanta, GA

The Camaro my dad bought me came with Patriot Warranty coverage from the dealer, so technically, I never paid for it myself so I didn't expect much of it. Last Friday I was driving home from work and I got a flat, with no spare and nowhere to move the car out of the way. I called my dad, he called the dealer and they sent a truck to come help me and gave my dad a number to call Patriot Warranty to settle the cost. The truck was next to my car in less then 20 mins, they fixed the flat on the spot and left. I never paid anything, and my dad took care of things with Patriot, which he said was very easy. Thank you for the cool and quick service!

Pippa Cornish ,

I just signed a 2 year coverage contract for my Tesla model S. It might be an overkill, since most things that can go wrong are already covered by Tesla warranty, but I like to be prepared. The on-boarding went very smooth, I was given the information I needed to make an educated decision and I am happy with the overall service offered. Waiting to see if it actually works also, first time I need it.

GREG DINSMORE Logan, IA

the biggest rip off ever they said they would handle it and no they did nothing they paid 400 of a 2456.36 bill when i called them and said i would leave a review they said thats fraud i said my experience here is they are the fraud biggest rip off ever let me say this i own a repair facility and to keep from conflict of interest i took it to a dealer and the service writer has never experienced a joke like this .plus the item they are trying to get covered is specifically listed as a covered item i can go on and on and on but i am here to warn my fellow people this IS A RIP OFF

Steven E Dayvault Wilmington, NC

BEWARE! please read before doing business with these scammers!!I purchased an extended auto warranty from Patriot Warranty in Oct 2020 for $4250.00. In the policy contract I did not see coverage of a certain component in the suspension system (hydraulic accumulators). I sent an email to Patriot asking if these components would be covered. I received by email that these components would be covered even though not in the fine print. I recently filed a claim in Jan 2021 that showed replacing these items. The claim was denied even after I showed the written confirmation of coverage. The manager that denied the claim is Marcus Phelps and the sales person in Kevin Taylor. After reading reviews on these folks I see there are many like me. scammed! My premium has been refunded but now I am left with no warranty and paying a $3700 repair bill. Even the dealer said they had never seen anything like this deception. Deal with these people at your own risk.

Jon Vogler Houston, TX

I purchased a warranty in January, but upon further research decided to cancel the contract under their 30 day full refund policy. I have contacted them three times now to cancel the contract. The first telephone call I did not receive their "cancellation" email supposedly sent. The second call I never received a return telephone call. And the third call I was told the cancellation email form was sent to me on January 26th. I did not receive it! Today I am calling my credit card company to dispute the charge. The reason for my cancellation is that I checked many other warranty companies and the Patriot Warranty cost was literally one-half of at least a dozen other companies. TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Not a member of Better Business Bureau either. Also, I believe their "Trust reviews" to be artificial and not actually from customers. I believe in reviews, but Patriot Warranty is a scam in my opinion. They are not a warranty company; they are a marketing company that sells other company's warranty. Also, terrible customer service.

Mad Customer ,

Terrible company they’re there to take money and deny your claim I purchased the warranty for my vehicle and after a few months of having it my vehicle started messing up so I took it to the Dodge dealership to get it serviced after trouble shooting the issue they submitted the claim for the repair they asked for service history of the vehicle which I had only maintenance records they asked for more than that which I told them I didn’t have anymore the service rep continued to call for claim approval and after 3 weeks they denied my claim making up a fake Carfax report saying my vehicle had been in a flood back in 2020, I fought and argued with their customer service rep so at the end they decided to cancel my warranty on their own and here I am still waiting on my refund STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY SCAMMERS AND LIERS

Christopher Chunn Mesa, AZ

Terrible company! They breach of contract me! I brought my car in for repair the dealership sent patriot the quote. Since I drive an Audi the company decided they would cancel my contract instead of repairing and this was after they made me pay $2500 up front for their best coverage. I have reported to BBB and am awaiting litigation as I am filing a lawsuit as well. I would go with a different company!

Doug Greeley, CO

Took a while to get a resolution but they finally did come through and paid for my repairs. My hope is that they continue to improve their customer service.

James Las Vegas, NV

Scam company. They will not pay for a claim. STAY AWAY!! All of their reviews online are fake. The real ones will not get posted on BBB, chamber of commerce or trusted pilot. This company is scamming everyone and putting money in someones back pocket to continue to steal from people. STAY AWAY!!!

Tanya Chavez Secaucus, NJ

Patriot Warranty is the best company for extended warranty out there. We bought a used Audi A6 at 142k and other than normal maintenance it has been good for us up to now. Three weeks ago the motor was out fit timing chains. I called it in and Patriot Warranty had me approved the next day for a repair. Should have it back in this weekend along with new motor mounts. Plan to change differential fluids also before the motor goes back in. Currently at 200,000 miles. The timing codes hit around 199k and it took me some tine to rule everything out and set the time aside to do the repairs with all this Covid madness but when I did, I knew I could count on Patriot Warranty and I wasn't wrong.

jon North Hollywood, CA

Will try their best deny your claim. Also, they will never return your call. You have to submit everything using the portal. No updates. Just people working in the background to deny.

Thomas Lidell ,

I own a 2019 BMW 420i and I love everything about it. So much so that I got Patriot Warranty extended warranty for it. It was a no-brainer deal, looking at the price which was VERY good and the benefits of having all the bits of my car covered in case of any malfunction. I'm writing this because last week one of the window control knobs started making a strange sound when pressed and when I took it to my dealer, they told me that it was due to small partial that had hedged in between the button and the casing, and they had to take it out and clean it. Since it was not a defect, the factory warranty would not cover it, so without expecting any outcome of it and being ready to pay for the repair myself, I called Patriot Warranty. They immediately filed my claim, reached out to the dealer and took care of everything for me. I drove in and had a cup of coffee while the issue was solved and I didn't have to pay a dime. Good service on both sides. Thank you!

Ulysses Taylor ,

Best quality of service received, always on time and amiable; Patriot Warranty understands how to offer services to their customers and stands by its word when it comes to repairs. I really enjoy the whole process, from on-boarding to claims. I always feel appreciated and listened to.

Jeffrey Clark Inglewood, CA

If someone reads this "Buyer Beware", If not sure those other "fake reviews are stating, but, this compnay took my money and ran. Don't let them do that to you. I did some online research on one of the "Fake" rating sites inorder to find out how to get ripped off. I brought the warranty a few months ago, took my car in to the dealership to get fixed, while after 2 months I haven't heard a word from the warranty company!!! Could it be that my engine repair would cost $27,000 and they would give a answer to the BMW Service Manager Never, Nerver again (actually I bought 2 warranties for both of my cars) Seeking a Lawyer that specializes warranty law, got to get my money back and warn others to stay away from this company

Arthur Pitz Newport, TN

Awful service took my truck to Dodge to get worked on. They called to get authorization an we've been getting a run around for two weeks now. Everytime we call them they give us a different email address to send quotes. They say you have a 30 day full money refund but as it happens you can't use for 30 days so by time you find out about the run around it's to late. Now I'm paying a cab 20 dollars a day to go back an forth to work. If I looked into them better I would have never have gotten

Emily West Carroll, IA

We got their extended warranty and after trying to file a claim, they told us they had to cancel our policy because of the vehicles history. They had no problem taking our money and giving us the warranty until we needed something. Very disappointed in this company. And they won't give us our entire refund, even though we never got to actually use them for anything. They tried to say we were past the "full refund" window and they were going to contact us today, 3 days AFTER the full refund window. Would suggest you find another company for a warranty instead of these guys.

dina stetson Portland, OR

THIS REVIEW IS AN UPDATE On June 26th, I wrote a scathing one star review of Patriot. In the following days, Marcus P, a manager at Patriot, reached out to me about my review. Long story short, I was frustrated because I'd purchased a car through a small dealer out of state and also purchased this extended warranty with Patriot because I didn't know the cars full history, CarFax had minimal info, and I wanted to protect myself. A month after buying the car and the warranty, I took it into the dealer to get a once over as a couple of concerns had come up. As it turns out, the car needs a $5k fix and I was initially so relieved that I had purchased this warranty, but alas, the claim was denied because it was determined to be a pre-existing problem. I frustratingly wrote the review and a couple days later Marcus reached out to me. We had such a nice chat! I asked him what I could have done differently to protect myself and we had a productive, positive conversation. I get it, about the denial. I still stand by my opinion that the Patriot sales rep who sold this warranty to me should have been more transparent about coverage. I'd been honest with him about not knowing the cars full history and I'd rather that he'd taken that opportunity to tell me that I'd need all the original service records. That would have saved us from all that mess. My hope is that they can be more transparent with their words during the sales conversation, rather than leaving it all to the fine print. But we're all here to learn lessons, right? I learned that I DO need to read the fine print, as I was hyperfocused on the breadth of coverage, not the contract details. All that aside, I really want to make this updated review about Marcus. His capacity to continue to be of service impressed me. Here we had a crappy situation and Patriot refunded me in full, and Marcus continued to do everything he could to help me get the help I need. He's offered to help me find resources locally and continues to check in with me. I can not say enough about his integrity, his problem solving approach and his friendly manner. Please, Patriot, give this man a raise! I intend to keep my improved relationship with Patriot going as my teens approach driving and buying used cars. Now I know whats required and I'll make sure that I have comprehensive records. By the way, I learned from Marcus that Patriot can help research the nuances of a CarFax report, for a fee. I wish that sales rep had told me this so I could have taken advantage of this service, thus saving myself a lot of money and stress. Read your contract, ask pointed questions, make sure you have all service records, and if you have a CarFax, delve in deeper. You don't know what you don't know!

Bradly Inan Dallas, TX

I have been with Patriot since last summer; I have switched from another company which was a total mess overall; It took me almost 2 months to get my money back after cancelling with them. But luckily, ever since I switched to Patriot, things have been so much smoother, communication is excellent, I can reach someone from their office at any point night or day. That to me is quality service and respect for the customer.

Caitlin J. London, ENG

After a couple of months being parked, I tried to start my 2006 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT and discovered the battery was completely dead (this is a pretty new battery, probably haven't started the car with it more than 10-15 times since new). Due to a tendency the car had for the battery to go down over time if not driven often, I have been keeping the car's battery hooked up to a "floating" charger that featured a shut-off when the battery reached full charge and that was supposed to maintain a full charge when and if the battery got low. Sometime while the car was parked over the past months, the cord going to the charger got unplugged at the wall and the dead battery resulted. I plugged the charger back in and left it overnight. The next day, with a full charge on the battery, I started the car. To my dismay, I got all kinds of lights and warnings on the instrument cluster that I've never seen before. I turned the car off, disconnected the negative battery cable from the car to the battery and waited 20 minutes to reconnect it. Same issue. I took it over to Park Lane Maserati here in Dallas, and cleared my error codes which sorted that out. They also recommended I pick up a car extended warranty from Patriot Warranty to take care of all these small problems that are bound to appear on a car going on 15 years now. I went ahead and signed with Patriot Warranty and not a month later, I'm back at Park Place Maserati because of another electrical issue. Only this time, the bill's on the car warranty, not my pocket. Pretty awesome thing, this warranty extension. I only have to pay a small deductible and they cover almost the entire car.

Idris Rawley Atlanta, GA

I heard about Patriot Warranty after a visit to the local Audi shop. The mechanic told me that the car is slowly starting to show signs of age and since it was out of warranty, I should expect some hefty repair bills. He then went on to tell me about this company and how it would be the smart move to get an extended warranty from them. Apparently, he has been working with them for a long time and they have a good relationship. I must say, it was the best decision I ever made, it wasn't even a month after I signed with them that my automatic gearbox just stopped working, I couldn't move it out of P. I went straight to the shop, my mechanic called it in and Patriot paid for the repair, which luckily this time was nothing but a break pedal sensor. But it has showed me not only that I'm covered, but also the smooth way it works with Patriot Warranty. I'll be recommending them to my family too.