American Standard Auto Protect...

American Standard Auto Protection

American Standard Auto Protection (ASAP) is headquartered in Delaware, although its services are nationwide. The company employees between 51 and 200 individuals-a large growth spurt since its founding three years ago. ASAP says that it provides "the most trusted vehicle service protection contracts in the industry." With high ratings on Consumer Affairs, ASAP provides auto coverage to maintain the electrical and mechanical parts of vehicles. ASAP has been featured by the following news sources: CNN, Yahoo! News, Cars.com, Fox, C and D, MSNBC and DMV.org.
Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 7.7 8.8 Read Review
#2 7.6 9.9 Read Review
#3 4.6 10 Read Review
#4 4.2 2.5 Current

The Good

• Warranty cost
  • Other features

Warranty Cost

American Standard Auto Protection offers a flexible savings plan with 0 percent interest. ASAP offers a total of three plans: Total Performance, Total Care and Total Shield. Depending on the plan you choose, the price ranges from $1,000 to $5,000. The company's plans are based on either a three-year or five-year plan. We found ASAP's option of stretching out payments to over a year is appreciated by customers on a budget. Not all companies offering car warranties offer flexible payments. The ones that do often charge interest on the payments. ASAP is superior to the competition in this area.

Other Features

With ASAP, all policyholders are allowed to choose their own mechanic/dealer. Also favorable is that your vehicle does not have to have an inspection before enrolling in one of the company's warranty plans.

All American Standard Protection Plans offers the following additional warranty features:

• Roadside Assistance: All American Standard Auto Protection plans offer 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Average rental car reimbursement (daily price): up to $60 per day, to a maximum of three days and a total of $180 per car breakdown
  • Repair Deductible: American Standard Auto Protection plans offer the following deductibles-$0, $50, or $100
  • Money-back Guarantee: ASAP offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
  • Cancellation Policy: if you cancel within the first 30 days, you get a full refund; after 30 days, there is a small administrative fee ($25) and a pro-ration fee of time or miles, whichever is greater.
  • Transferable Warranty and Price: ASAP vehicle service contracts are fully transferable to another vehicle owner at no cost to you. You may also transfer coverage to another vehicle for a prorated difference if required.

A few additional features ASAP warranty plans cover include the following:

• 24/7 Out of Gas Rescue
  • 24/7 Locksmith Service
  • 24/7 Trip Interruption

ASAP's 24/7 availability and coverage for these additional benefits are superior to several warranty providers serving the used car market.

One of ASAP's best features is that its warranty is accepted by almost every mechanical shop. ASAP lets customers pick their favorite local body shops to work with and promise that you will pay nothing (besides the deductible) out-of-pocket. All you need to do is call them before having any work done, get the order approved, and bring your car into be fixed. Not only are the company's plans accepted across the United States, but they are also accepted throughout Canada-a total of 425,000 dealerships to choose from. Your options don't get much better than this.

The Bad

• Basic warranty features
  • Time business
  • Powertrain warranty

Basic Warranty Features

Unlike several basic warranties (e.g. bumper-to-bumper or new-vehicle warranties) offered by many car dealerships, American Standards Auto Protection offers plans only for pre-owned vehicles. If you want to get basic coverage for a used vehicle, ASAP offers a Total Performance Plan.

Here is a detailed layout of ASAP's basic warranty features:
Engine Coverage, Transmission Coverage, Turbo/Supercharger Coverage, 4x4/All-Wheel Drive Coverage, Cooling System Coverage, Heating System Coverage, Drive Axle Coverage, Brakes Coverage, ABS Brakes Coverage, Electric System Coverage, Fuel System Coverage, Hi-Tech Coverage, Steering System Coverage, and Suspension System Coverage.

Time in Business

American Standard Auto Protection (ASAP) was founded in Delaware in 2012, with a history of four years in business. Compared to other companies in the car warranty industry, four years is a short time to be in operation. Most of their competitors have been in business since the 1990s and earlier.

Basic Warranty Length

ASAP Warranty provides coverage ranging from one to 10 years and coverage mileage ranging from 10,000 to 48,000 miles per year. These terms allow customers to customize their coverage to their needs. Someone who commutes further for work can select a five-year/24,000 miles per year warranty. Customers who drive less can opt in for a five-year/10,000 miles per year coverage. In the car warranty industry we found that at the high end, basic warranties last up to 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. At the lower end, they can last only three years or 26,000 miles. ASAP is at the low end of this spectrum.

Powertrain Warranty

While some companies offer a Powertrain Warranty to cover new vehicles, American Standard Auto Protection does not. What the company does offer is extended coverage packages for pre-owned vehicles. This means when your powertrain warranty runs out from the place you originally purchased your vehicle, ASAP's warranty takes over.

View the Top Car Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

ASAP offers fairly average features that most extended warranties offer. The company's warranty covers things most extended warranties would cover, and leaves out your everyday maintenance items (oil change, tires, etc.). We think that ASAP fall short in the extended auto warranty industry in the following categories:

• Warranty price
  • Cancellation fees
  • Industry experience (only four years)

At the same time, ASAP offers some nice additional features. ASAP, unlike some companies, lets you pay premiums over time rather than a lump sum upfront. We also like that you can transfer your ASAP warranty between people and cars. This means that if you sell your car, the new owner can adopt your policy. It also means that if you change cars and want to keep your warranty, ASAP will transfer it to you new car (with a prorated fee).

Overall, we recommend taking the time to get a quote from ASAP-especially for anyone on a budget looking to make payments without interest. ASAP's customers service reps will help you find an extended warranty that best fits your needs.

View Other Car Warranty Companies

24 American Standard Auto Protection Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

August 14th, 2017 Huntsville, AL

ASAP does not return calls or honor warranty contract terms. They paid essentially half the cost of a repair to replace failed horns on my car last week, and it took half a dozen calls over a period of five hours to get that. I am trying to cancel my policy now, and they will not return calls. My advice to that buyers stay far away from this company. Totally fraudulent.

August 3rd, 2017

Although my car had only 20,000 miles on it and inspected thoroughly by a Maserati dealership prior to purchasing it. their inspector claimed pre existing damage . Don't think a subcontracted inspector can superseded an knowledge of a Maserati mechanic. Looking forward to seeing them in court watch the fireworks. I'm sure their sales associates go to schools of Deceit or bait and switch classes. My advice to you is don't do it . They look for any reason not to pay and fail time and time to respond to you . I wish I would of read the reviews first. Carl

July 17th, 2017 Calhoun, GA

STAY AWAY FROM ASAP! In Nov 2016, I purchased an ASAP Total Protection plan for a 2010 Audi S5 that I had also just purchased in November 2016. The sales rep used very strong sales tactics to get me to purchase the ASAP plan and quickly accepted my payment in full for the plan. Then, in May 2017 I had need to use the ASAP plan. I properly followed the ASAP instructions and opened a claim; which by the way took 3 phone calls to the ASAP customer service department to get accomplished. I was told to take the vehicle to my Audi dealer and provide the dealer service team with the claim number and ASAP contact number; which I did. My dealer also followed instructions and even jumped through a few hoops to abide to the ASAP requirements; which even resulted in my dealership allowing an ASAP "inspector" to check the vehicle to confirm that "it had been properly maintained" To keep this less lengthy, the claim was ultimately declined stating that the dealer had removed the defective part for damage. However, the dealer did exactly as instructed by the ASAP claims adjuster and the only way to confirm the part was bad, WAS to remove it from the vehicle. Upon denial of the claim, I began doing a little more in-depth research on ASAP and found that declining claims and being difficult to deal with is part of the ASAP SOP. Upon denial, I also immediately requested cancellation of the contract per the ASAP contract terms and conditions. After jumping through a couple of additional hoops to provide a notirized odometer reading form, ASAP accepted the cancellation and provided me with notification that the refund would be issued within 14 business days. After 20 business days, I contacted ASAP customer service and was told that my refund should have already been issued and I would have it in a couple of days. I had to then continually follow up with phone calls and emails to ASAP customer service to continually be told that my refund would be issued "soon" After 45 days and finally stating that I was perusing legal action, AND contacting the Delaware Attorney General Office, Consumer Protection Unit (http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/fraud/cpu/); I finally received my refund. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM AMERICAN STANDARD AUTO PROTECTION!!

July 13th, 2017

By far the WORSE warranty company EVER existed. They LIE about everything. Nothing about this company's is legit. I immediately left them and went to another company 5 months later the new company fixed all issues with no hesitation. I would NOT recommend this company to ANYKNE in they right mind.

July 10th, 2017

They tell you that they cover all the problems including engine, but actually they do not. They just tell you "it is Manufactues fault" so we do not cover. And worst customer service. They don't want to speak to you. They talk to you like they are threatening you

July 3rd, 2017

I am very disappointed with ASAP and i do not recommend it for anyone in need of an extended warranty I required the cancellation of my policy on June 5, 2017 and requested a refund after 10 and a half months of use of my 3-year contract (or 45000 miles) which was never claimed. They should have issued a prorated refund and the value informed by ASAP was more than 100 dollars less than it should be. Not only that, they required 14 business days to refund the money, however it has been already 20 business days and nothing!!! I called this morning and they said they could not give me an estimated date when the refund will be deposited. Terrible customer service!!!

June 29th, 2017 Carlsbad, CA

I bought this under the assumption that it was a bumper to bumper extended warranty. The sales rep made it sound that way. I asked extensive questions and was told that anything mechanical, non-maintenance would be covered. Also, be aware that the review site, consumeraffairs.com they refer you to is bought and paid for by them to make them look good. Nearly all negative reviews are crossed out and marked non-factual. Most reviews are just after purchase, not after claim. After filing my first 2 claims for cracked radiator and AC not working, the company hid behind a contract and explained the following: 1. subsequent parts of a malfunction (in case of AC I contend that it all happened at once and should all be covered...fan motor covered, wiring, switches and boards were not) 2. taxes are not covered as per standard 3. labor costs are not fully covered as per standard 4. diagnostic charges aren't fully covered as per standard 5. mechanic cannot report an issue, if they do that part will not be covered in the future if a mechanic reports an issue. Consumer has to report the problem!!!!!

June 12th, 2017

This company is a scam do not give your hard earned money to this lie. Their sales department will lie to they don't cover anything and will find any excuse to delay you. There is no claim department or service, the sales also answer the phones for all departments. Any review you read that is positive is a lie look them on the BBB.

April 26th, 2017 Encinitas, CA

I have a customer with this ASAP warranty protection, on 4-6-17 we went through the pre-approval process that has taken several days, any other warranty company you can get approval within one or two hours. The customer was approved for the repair on 4-10-17, the warranty company insisted we use the parts from them directly. The claim was for $1,250.35 of which they said they are only responsible for $354.99 using some crazy price deductions and parts from a wholesaler. As of 4-26-17 they have not reimbursed the customer any money for the approved repairs and they keep stalling for some reason, The only thing that makes sense to be is they are running out of money as a company and will file for bankruptcy soon, BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

March 18th, 2017 Huntsville, AL

This company is fantastic in getting you to sign up but that's where it ends. It took me months to get a claim paid and that was only after filing a complaint with the BBB. Now I have jumped through all their hoops trying to cancel my warranty and they are still dropping the ball. I sent my notarized mileage verification by certified mail to their p.o.box but after 10 days they have yet to collect it. I don't hold out much hope of recovering any money.

February 23rd, 2017

Wonderful experience. Agent was very thorough and thoughtful. He made things quite clear. I feel it was a great price. I had talked with other companies and their prices were considerable higher. Being on a fixed income I needed something affordable. Thank you American Standard Auto Protection.

0 1

December 30th, 2016 Glendale, CA

these guys are a joke. When you call to file a claim it goes to a call center and someone very nice will tell you that someone from the office will call you back. but they never will. your car will sit at the mechanic for days and you will not get a call back. I finally had to pay the repair myself. I then called to cancel my policy. again no one calls back. It doesn't matter if you get irate with the call center people because they just tell you they are a call center and no one from the company is there to talk to you and someone will call you back. but no one ever does. I finally got someone to call me by leaving a negative review. Basically called to threaten me in some weird way. I asked to cancel my policy once I finally got someone on the phone and I was sent an email with a form for me to digitally sign. I did that over 30 days ago and still no refund. Do not give these guys any money this is a scam.

November 1st, 2016 San Jose, CA

I got coverage from them for a good price and haven't seen any issues after going through one claim process. Recommended.

October 21st, 2016

Mark did a great job of working with me and making the decision an easy one to choose American Standard Auto Protection. He is professional and worked hard to earn my business. I really appreciate all he did.

October 21st, 2016 Staten Island, NY

I had a problem with my car and was still not under warranty. My warranty didn't go into effect for another 3 days. but the people there helped me out and got me some courtesy claim approval. very happy with it.

October 12th, 2016 Elk Grove Village, IL

I have had nothing but trouble since working with them. I have called 21 times, contacted the BBB, wrote a letter (that was sent back as a non-business) form the USPS, emailed and now disputed the charge on my credit card. I am not sure what is going on but I stopped my service within a day of signing up and now it has been almost 45 days and no credit has been issued. I am told each time that someone will call me back and no one does. I was told to call at 9:00am and now I am told to call back in an hour for the billing department. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ASAP.

September 22nd, 2016 Seaside, OR

Trying to get refund for cancelled warranty after reading other reviews. 15 days later and no refund. Customer service is nonexistent.

September 4th, 2016 Matawan, NJ

After reading this article http://www.foxwilmington.com/story/32892491/underhanded-tactics-in-the-vehicle-service-industry-continues-to-punish-consumers as a concern tax payer I feel a Investigation of deltaautoprotect.com and www.asapwarranty.com and ProtectMyCar.com

August 22nd, 2016 Absecon, NJ

I was very satisfied with the customer service.

August 5th, 2016 Woodstock, IL

I purchased extended warranty for my car, sales person was very helpful and even said will write off the deductible and gave $ 600 discount, hence I signed up and paid in full. I later found out that the company does not cover anything seeing the reviews online, hence decided to cancel the policy on next business day. I got e-mail confirmation of cancellation after arguing with the same polite agent I called several times since I did not receive the amount credited to my card, and was told will take 12-14 business days. I am past 14 days and am still not credited yet and getting a run around. I would not recommend this company to anyone, and they ask for full payment on signing. Please stay away from ASAP warranty.