American Standard Auto Protection verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

5.4

American Standard Auto Protection (ASAP) was founded in Delaware in 2012, and has expanded nationwide since opening its doors. ASAP claims it provides "the most trusted vehicle service protection contracts in the industry." ASAP provides auto coverage to maintain the electrical and mechanical parts of vehicles.
#1 Endurance Logo Endurance ›

7.6

Overall
Score

#2 CARCHEX Logo CARCHEX ›

6.7

Overall
Score

#3 Protect My Car Logo Protect My Car ›

5.9

Overall
Score

#4 American Standard Auto Protection Logo American Standard Auto Protection

5.4

Overall
Score

The Good

• Warranty cost
  • Other features

Warranty Cost

American Standard Auto Protection offers a flexible savings plan with 0 percent interest. ASAP offers a total of three plans: Total Performance, Total Care and Total Shield. Depending on the plan you choose, the price ranges from $1,000 to $5,000. The company's plans are based on either a three-year or five-year plan. ASAP offers monthly payment plans as well. For example, a 2010 Toyota Corolla with 60k miles, a five-year-plan, and a $100 deductible would be $41.67 per month. We found ASAP's option of stretching out payments to over a year is appreciated by customers on a budget. Not all companies offering car warranties offer flexible payments. The ones that do often charge interest on the payments. ASAP is superior to the competition in this area.

Other Features

With ASAP, all policyholders are allowed to choose their own mechanic/dealer. Also favorable is that your vehicle does not have to have an inspection before enrolling in one of the company's warranty plans. All American Standard Protection Plans offers the following additional warranty features:

• Roadside Assistance: All American Standard Auto Protection plans offer 24/7 roadside assistance
  • Average rental car reimbursement (daily price): up to $60 per day, to a maximum of three days and a total of $180 per car breakdown
  • Warranty Deductible Plans: American Standard Auto Protection plans offer the following deductibles-$0, $50, or $100
  • Money-back Guarantee: ASAP offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
  • Cancellation Policy: if you cancel within the first 30 days, you get a full refund; after 30 days, it is $25.
  • Transferable Warranty and Price: ASAP vehicle service contracts are fully transferable to another vehicle owner at no cost to you. You may also transfer coverage to another vehicle for a prorated difference if required.

A few additional features ASAP warranty plans cover include the following:

• 24/7 Out of Gas Rescue
  • 24/7 Locksmith Service
  • 24/7 Trip Interruption

ASAP's 24/7 availability and coverage for these additional benefits are superior to several warranty providers serving the used car market. One of ASAP's best features is that its warranty is accepted by almost every mechanical shop. ASAP lets customers pick their favorite local body shops to work with and promise that you will pay nothing (besides the deductible) out-of-pocket. All you need to do is call them before having any work done, get the order approved, and bring your car into be fixed. Not only are the company's plans accepted across the United States, but they are also accepted throughout Canada-a total of 425,000 dealerships to choose from. Your options don't get much better than this.

The Bad

• Basic warranty features
  • Time business
  • Powertrain warranty

Basic Warranty Features

Unlike several basic warranties (e.g. bumper-to-bumper or new-vehicle warranties) offered by many car dealerships, American Standards Auto Protection offers plans only for pre-owned vehicles. If you want to get basic coverage for a used vehicle, ASAP offers a Total Performance Plan. Here is a detailed layout of ASAP's basic warranty features: Engine Coverage, Transmission Coverage, Turbo/Supercharger Coverage, 4x4/All-Wheel Drive Coverage, Cooling System Coverage, Heating System Coverage, Drive Axle Coverage, Brakes Coverage, ABS Brakes Coverage, Electric System Coverage, Fuel System Coverage, Hi-Tech Coverage, Steering System Coverage, and Suspension System Coverage.

Time in Business

American Standard Auto Protection (ASAP) was founded in Delaware in 2012. Compared to other companies in the car warranty industry, just over five years is a short time to be in operation. Most of their competitors have been in business since the 1990s and earlier.

Basic Warranty Length

ASAP Warranty provides coverage ranging from one to 10 years and coverage mileage ranging from 10,000 to 48,000 miles per year. These terms allow customers to customize their coverage to their needs. Someone who commutes further for work can select a five-year/24,000 miles per year warranty. Customers who drive less can opt in for a five-year/10,000 miles per year coverage. In the car warranty industry we found that at the high end, basic warranties last up to 10 years or 160,000 miles, whichever comes first. At the lower end, they can last only three years or 26,000 miles. ASAP is at the low end of this spectrum.

Powertrain Warranty

While some companies offer a Powertrain Warranty to cover new vehicles, American Standard Auto Protection does not. What the company does offer is extended coverage packages for pre-owned vehicles. This means when your powertrain warranty runs out from the place you originally purchased your vehicle, ASAP's warranty takes over. View the Top Car Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

ASAP offers fairly average features that most extended warranties offer. The company's warranty covers things most extended warranties would cover, and leaves out your everyday maintenance items (oil change, tires, etc.). We think that ASAP fall short in the extended auto warranty industry in the following categories:

• Warranty price
  • Cancellation fees
  • Industry experience (only four years)

At the same time, ASAP offers some nice additional features. ASAP, unlike some companies, lets you pay premiums over time rather than a lump sum upfront. We also like that you can transfer your ASAP warranty between people and cars. This means that if you sell your car, the new owner can adopt your policy. It also means that if you change cars and want to keep your warranty, ASAP will transfer it to you new car (with a prorated fee).

Overall, we recommend taking the time to get a quote from ASAP-especially for anyone on a budget looking to make payments without interest. ASAP's customers service reps will help you find an extended warranty that best fits your needs.

View Other Car Warranty Companies

1.1

October 27th, 2017 Edinburg, TX DETAILS

Please please stay away. This is the worse company ever. They don’t care about customers. Anytime they talk to you they don’t care. They will never help you for anything. I cancelled my policy with them and it’s been 2 months now and I am still waiting on my refund. It’s one story after the other

October 25th, 2017 Carmel, NY DETAILS

I purchased a warranty in July 2017. In Oct. 2017 had no warranty repairs performed as of yet but had a few questions about my warranty and decided to call customer service. I called the toll free number they provided but was unable to talk to a live customer rep, customer service is non-existent I finally left a voicemail requesting a call back. After numerous failed attempts over the next 3 days to reach a live customer rep, I sent an email requesting my contract be cancelled and a full refund of my purchase price $1500.00. I notified my credit card company to dispute the charges. As of today, 10/25/17 no response from ASAP.

October 20th, 2017

My deductible it’s $50 and I end up paying $250 with the dealership because ASAP won’t pay the full price for the part or labor and they don’t pay taxes which I end up paying for. Horrible warranty!

October 14th, 2017 San Jose, CA

I cancelled within 1 week. They sales guy caught me as I was waking up after anesthesia. I told him that, but he still managed to brow beat me into giving him my credit card number. It has been almost 7 weeks and no refund of the payment. Buyer beware.

September 16th, 2017 Huntington Beach, CA

ASAP WARRANTY is a SCAM They send biased inspectors to review your vehicle and they will do anything to deny your claim. Their customer service is shocking. Full of excuses. You cannot under any circumstances, speak with someone higher up than customer service. BUY ELSEWHERE - YOU WILL GET BURNED USING THIS COMPANY

August 14th, 2017 Huntsville, AL

ASAP does not return calls or honor warranty contract terms. They paid essentially half the cost of a repair to replace failed horns on my car last week, and it took half a dozen calls over a period of five hours to get that. I am trying to cancel my policy now, and they will not return calls. My advice to that buyers stay far away from this company. Totally fraudulent.

August 3rd, 2017

Although my car had only 20,000 miles on it and inspected thoroughly by a Maserati dealership prior to purchasing it. their inspector claimed pre existing damage . Don't think a subcontracted inspector can superseded an knowledge of a Maserati mechanic. Looking forward to seeing them in court watch the fireworks. I'm sure their sales associates go to schools of Deceit or bait and switch classes. My advice to you is don't do it . They look for any reason not to pay and fail time and time to respond to you . I wish I would of read the reviews first. Carl

July 17th, 2017 Calhoun, GA

STAY AWAY FROM ASAP! In Nov 2016, I purchased an ASAP Total Protection plan for a 2010 Audi S5 that I had also just purchased in November 2016. The sales rep used very strong sales tactics to get me to purchase the ASAP plan and quickly accepted my payment in full for the plan. Then, in May 2017 I had need to use the ASAP plan. I properly followed the ASAP instructions and opened a claim; which by the way took 3 phone calls to the ASAP customer service department to get accomplished. I was told to take the vehicle to my Audi dealer and provide the dealer service team with the claim number and ASAP contact number; which I did. My dealer also followed instructions and even jumped through a few hoops to abide to the ASAP requirements; which even resulted in my dealership allowing an ASAP "inspector" to check the vehicle to confirm that "it had been properly maintained" To keep this less lengthy, the claim was ultimately declined stating that the dealer had removed the defective part for damage. However, the dealer did exactly as instructed by the ASAP claims adjuster and the only way to confirm the part was bad, WAS to remove it from the vehicle. Upon denial of the claim, I began doing a little more in-depth research on ASAP and found that declining claims and being difficult to deal with is part of the ASAP SOP. Upon denial, I also immediately requested cancellation of the contract per the ASAP contract terms and conditions. After jumping through a couple of additional hoops to provide a notirized odometer reading form, ASAP accepted the cancellation and provided me with notification that the refund would be issued within 14 business days. After 20 business days, I contacted ASAP customer service and was told that my refund should have already been issued and I would have it in a couple of days. I had to then continually follow up with phone calls and emails to ASAP customer service to continually be told that my refund would be issued "soon" After 45 days and finally stating that I was perusing legal action, AND contacting the Delaware Attorney General Office, Consumer Protection Unit (http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/fraud/cpu/); I finally received my refund. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM AMERICAN STANDARD AUTO PROTECTION!!

July 13th, 2017

By far the WORSE warranty company EVER existed. They LIE about everything. Nothing about this company's is legit. I immediately left them and went to another company 5 months later the new company fixed all issues with no hesitation. I would NOT recommend this company to ANYKNE in they right mind.

July 10th, 2017

They tell you that they cover all the problems including engine, but actually they do not. They just tell you "it is Manufactues fault" so we do not cover. And worst customer service. They don't want to speak to you. They talk to you like they are threatening you

July 3rd, 2017

I am very disappointed with ASAP and i do not recommend it for anyone in need of an extended warranty I required the cancellation of my policy on June 5, 2017 and requested a refund after 10 and a half months of use of my 3-year contract (or 45000 miles) which was never claimed. They should have issued a prorated refund and the value informed by ASAP was more than 100 dollars less than it should be. Not only that, they required 14 business days to refund the money, however it has been already 20 business days and nothing!!! I called this morning and they said they could not give me an estimated date when the refund will be deposited. Terrible customer service!!!

June 29th, 2017 Carlsbad, CA

I bought this under the assumption that it was a bumper to bumper extended warranty. The sales rep made it sound that way. I asked extensive questions and was told that anything mechanical, non-maintenance would be covered. Also, be aware that the review site, consumeraffairs.com they refer you to is bought and paid for by them to make them look good. Nearly all negative reviews are crossed out and marked non-factual. Most reviews are just after purchase, not after claim. After filing my first 2 claims for cracked radiator and AC not working, the company hid behind a contract and explained the following: 1. subsequent parts of a malfunction (in case of AC I contend that it all happened at once and should all be covered...fan motor covered, wiring, switches and boards were not) 2. taxes are not covered as per standard 3. labor costs are not fully covered as per standard 4. diagnostic charges aren't fully covered as per standard 5. mechanic cannot report an issue, if they do that part will not be covered in the future if a mechanic reports an issue. Consumer has to report the problem!!!!!

June 12th, 2017

This company is a scam do not give your hard earned money to this lie. Their sales department will lie to they don't cover anything and will find any excuse to delay you. There is no claim department or service, the sales also answer the phones for all departments. Any review you read that is positive is a lie look them on the BBB.

April 26th, 2017 Encinitas, CA

I have a customer with this ASAP warranty protection, on 4-6-17 we went through the pre-approval process that has taken several days, any other warranty company you can get approval within one or two hours. The customer was approved for the repair on 4-10-17, the warranty company insisted we use the parts from them directly. The claim was for $1,250.35 of which they said they are only responsible for $354.99 using some crazy price deductions and parts from a wholesaler. As of 4-26-17 they have not reimbursed the customer any money for the approved repairs and they keep stalling for some reason, The only thing that makes sense to be is they are running out of money as a company and will file for bankruptcy soon, BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

March 18th, 2017 Huntsville, AL

This company is fantastic in getting you to sign up but that's where it ends. It took me months to get a claim paid and that was only after filing a complaint with the BBB. Now I have jumped through all their hoops trying to cancel my warranty and they are still dropping the ball. I sent my notarized mileage verification by certified mail to their p.o.box but after 10 days they have yet to collect it. I don't hold out much hope of recovering any money.

February 23rd, 2017

Wonderful experience. Agent was very thorough and thoughtful. He made things quite clear. I feel it was a great price. I had talked with other companies and their prices were considerable higher. Being on a fixed income I needed something affordable. Thank you American Standard Auto Protection.

December 30th, 2016 Glendale, CA

these guys are a joke. When you call to file a claim it goes to a call center and someone very nice will tell you that someone from the office will call you back. but they never will. your car will sit at the mechanic for days and you will not get a call back. I finally had to pay the repair myself. I then called to cancel my policy. again no one calls back. It doesn't matter if you get irate with the call center people because they just tell you they are a call center and no one from the company is there to talk to you and someone will call you back. but no one ever does. I finally got someone to call me by leaving a negative review. Basically called to threaten me in some weird way. I asked to cancel my policy once I finally got someone on the phone and I was sent an email with a form for me to digitally sign. I did that over 30 days ago and still no refund. Do not give these guys any money this is a scam.

November 1st, 2016 San Jose, CA

I got coverage from them for a good price and haven't seen any issues after going through one claim process. Recommended.

October 21st, 2016

Mark did a great job of working with me and making the decision an easy one to choose American Standard Auto Protection. He is professional and worked hard to earn my business. I really appreciate all he did.

October 21st, 2016 Staten Island, NY

I had a problem with my car and was still not under warranty. My warranty didn't go into effect for another 3 days. but the people there helped me out and got me some courtesy claim approval. very happy with it.

October 12th, 2016 Elk Grove Village, IL

I have had nothing but trouble since working with them. I have called 21 times, contacted the BBB, wrote a letter (that was sent back as a non-business) form the USPS, emailed and now disputed the charge on my credit card. I am not sure what is going on but I stopped my service within a day of signing up and now it has been almost 45 days and no credit has been issued. I am told each time that someone will call me back and no one does. I was told to call at 9:00am and now I am told to call back in an hour for the billing department. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ASAP.

September 22nd, 2016 Seaside, OR

Trying to get refund for cancelled warranty after reading other reviews. 15 days later and no refund. Customer service is nonexistent.

September 4th, 2016 Matawan, NJ

After reading this article http://www.foxwilmington.com/story/32892491/underhanded-tactics-in-the-vehicle-service-industry-continues-to-punish-consumers as a concern tax payer I feel a Investigation of deltaautoprotect.com and www.asapwarranty.com and ProtectMyCar.com

August 22nd, 2016 Absecon, NJ

I was very satisfied with the customer service.

August 5th, 2016 Woodstock, IL

I purchased extended warranty for my car, sales person was very helpful and even said will write off the deductible and gave $ 600 discount, hence I signed up and paid in full. I later found out that the company does not cover anything seeing the reviews online, hence decided to cancel the policy on next business day. I got e-mail confirmation of cancellation after arguing with the same polite agent I called several times since I did not receive the amount credited to my card, and was told will take 12-14 business days. I am past 14 days and am still not credited yet and getting a run around. I would not recommend this company to anyone, and they ask for full payment on signing. Please stay away from ASAP warranty.

June 11th, 2016 Arlington, TX

Could you please explain how it take you 2 second to debit someones account but 2 months to return it?

May 17th, 2016 Gilbert, AZ

I bought a picy with them and decided to cancel it after approximately 60 days. I signed a letter to discontinue the policy. I was told in the letter, that my money would be refunded in 12-14 business days. It has been much longer than that and I have called them 7 times, and still no refund. Since it was for 200.00 I hoped to get it back as promised. Today I was told that it was released, but I was also told the same thing five days ago. They even told me to physically go to my bank to see what happened did, and my banker looked at me as if I was crazy. Since I paid with a debit card, my banker said that it would oonly take a few hours or even minutes for ASAP to ACH the money back into my account. I have asked ASAP to speak to a supervisor, and was told that they didnt have anyone like that!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER had such horrible service from any public company. like this!!!! I still dont have my refund and will have to take l;egal action. Dont buy anything from these people! I think they are a scam!!!

January 28th, 2016 Phoenix, AZ

I bought a 2006 BMW 750Li in 2015, and shortly after purchasing the vehicle, I purchased an extended warranty for it via ASAP (American Standard Auto Protection). In September, the car went to BMW with the previous owner, and received a clean bill of health -- which included no mechanical faults -- (prior to the sale to me). It ALSO passed a smog test (with no mechanical faults) on 12/01/15. In January, the car experienced a mechanical breakdown, and was brought to Steven's Creek BMW for repair. The dealership estimated the repairs and sent this information to the warranty company. After almost a week, the warranty company hadn't replied to the dealer, but they had requested all of my maintenance records, which I happily provided, considering that they show the car was in good health when I purchased the warranty. Because the warranty company refused to respond to BMW, my loaner vehicle was taken away, and I was asked to pay almost $1,000 in diagnostic fees. When I signed the contract with the warranty company, on 11/12/15, the car had 114,200 miles. That day, I went up to Napa, and put about 150 miles on the car. On the way back, I got a flat, and had a tire replaced. Because my miles were 114,347 on the invoice from the car company, ASAP is now claiming mileage fraud, and have canceled my contract, and refused to honor the warranty. I obviously informed them that I drive the car, and that 147 miles in a day is a reasonable distance to travel. They're clearly acting in bad faith and trying to avoid honoring their commitments. Incidentally, they also committed to calling me back right after the breakdown to get a tow going, but they didn't touch base until the next day — leaving me (a disabled person) on the side of the road all night, and without my medication.

December 18th, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

I did a massive amount of research for a warranty on a 2001 Jag XK8 that has a warranty that was expiring and the company I had been using had nothing to offer me. From the first contact with ASAP I found them to be friendly, professional, and very easy to work with. I spent a long time making this decision and Mark was not pushy while I was going through my process. I appreciated Mark sending me a copy of the contract right away, no beating around the bush, so I could study it in detail. I probably researched a total of about 12 companies, narrowed it down to three finalists, and when I called Mark back with a list of questions he was very upfront and accommodating. I have two things that I wish could have been done differently: I wish I could have made a down payment and then made payments instead of paying in full up front (I have never paid in full up front, makes me a little nervous plus it's a sizable expense) and because the car is only a fun car and we don't drive it often or long distances it is going to take a while to drive it 1000 miles to get through the waiting period. Mark did ask but this is one area where there was no flexibility. In the past it was always 30 days or 1000 miles whichever comes first. I understand they want to protect themselves from someone who has a car that needs a repair before they buy the coverage, but in my case the waiting period is rather onerous. Wish they could have made an exception but I understand that they couldn't. I feel the negotiation process was fair on their end and I was able to make a purchase that was within my pain threshold. I have a good feeling about this warranty and company. Many other positive aspects that I could mention but this review is already long enough. Now it just comes down to how the company actually does business but I am not expecting any issues with that.