AAA

6.8

15 hours ago

AAA

Available for residents of Northern California, Utah, and Nevada

The American Automobile Association, or AAA, started as a driver and road safety organization in the early 1900s and has developed into today's highly recommended auto insurance company in Northern California, Nevada and Utah. The headquarters remain in California, and reports state that over four million policies are active.

The Good

• Coverage features
  • Discounts
  • File/track claims

Coverage Features

AAA currently covers the following in their auto coverage plans:

• Collision
  • Uninsured
  • Rental Reimbursement
  • New Car Added Protection

Discounts

The AAA membership discount is one of the best in the industry. There are also various discounts available depending on a car's features, such as passive restraint and anti-theft features. Policy holders will receive a 15% discount when holding both auto and home insurance.

• Membership
  • Multiple-car
  • Antitheft
  • Good drivers
  • Good students
  • Pay in full

File/Track Claims

Claims are able to be filed and tracked through the company's website. Additionally, reps are standing by 24/7 to file claims on the policy holder's behalf via the phone. In 2011, AAA released a step-by-step guide to help car owners know what to do at the scene of an accident.

The Bad

• Service coverage
  • Discounts
  • Price range

While AAA helps insure millions of drivers across the country, there are missing features that need to be examined. These factors may be a deal breaker for a number of drivers. Prior to making a decision, prospective clients should analyze the following:

Service Coverage

This insurance company's insurance policies are only valid for auto insurance in 3/50 states: California, Utah and Nevada. Roadside assistance and AAA membership is available throughout the continental United States.

Discounts

While they do offer a discount for auto coverage bundled with home, they don't appear to offer any discounts such as safe driver and accident forgiveness discounts.

Price Range

On average, an AAA auto insurance policy costs $121 per month.

The Bottom Line

AAA covers a large variety of situations and accidents, and provides that information specifically on their website. However, only residents of Northern California, Utah and Nevada are eligible for these services, even though the company has a national presence for roadside assistance and auto repairs. The price estimate we got was a little higher than average. We recognize this comes with the added perks of AAA's unique and longstanding roadside assistance and repair networks, so if that's your priority, it might be worth the extra cost.

Paula Henrie
August 20th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love having the peace of mind that I can call AAA to help me when my husband is out of town. Love the discounts also!

Haley Houtz
August 20th, 2018 Herriman, UT

We highly recommend AAA. They live up to their company values- the customer service is unbeatable!

Hunter
August 20th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

My car broke down two weeks ago and I was there within 30 minutes helping me and I have nothing but good to say about this company.

Becky Rasmussen
August 20th, 2018 American Fork, UT

AAA is a helpful and friendly travel resource. They are the only place to go if you need an International Driver's Permit for foreign travel and they offer a number of other benefits that I haven't found with any other organization. Their fees are nominal and their services are unique.

Bella Houtz
August 17th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I have had triple A for years. They have towed my cars got out locked keys even changed a tire for my wife. Will keep it for the peace of mind it gives me to have my wife protected.

Derrick
August 6th, 2018 Lubbock, TX

I switched from Geico to AAA because I found AAA to be far more competitive with their rates. I enjoyed working with a local rep over the phone to select the coverages that worked best for my circumstances. Very understanding and helpful sales reps who offer none of the pressure that other companies do. The mobile app has been sufficiently helpful so far, though it does not offer as many features as the Geico app that I'm used to.

James Nelson
August 2nd, 2018 Falls Church, VA

Service is consistently quick, and the specialist are highly skilled each time.

Sarah
August 2nd, 2018 Fairfax, VA

I really appreciate having AAA, especially since my car is 10 years old. A tire blew out on me once on the freeway and within 30 minutes AAA had sent someone to put my spare tire on. They were very helpful and nice and I so appreciated their assistance. I've also saved money various times using my AAA membership to purchase tickets for things.

Hannah Cummins
August 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

AAA is one of the best insurances to have when you are in a bind. It's extremely helpful to have the ability to call for roadside​ assistance when needed.

Cheryl Linden
August 1st, 2018 Cave Creek, AZ

Had car insurance with AAA for years; very responsive, reasonably priced premium

James Wada
July 27th, 2018 Soldotna, AK DETAILS

I am a AAA premium member and my wife was driving back from California to Nevada when our jeep broke down. She contacted them and yes after several hours tow truck took it to his shop because he couldn’t cross the border. 4 days later she had to drive 118 miles back to the jeep to get it towed back to the house. She started work at 5:00 am called them at 8:00 to get it towed back they said she had to be there to release the vehicle. She got off at 2:00 pm and drove 118 miles they didn’t have a tow truck for her. I contacted them and I talked the agent her supervisor and then to the manager finally he told me yes we have the mileage to get it home and that she would have to come back however many days until they could get it towed back.

Karen Nelson
July 27th, 2018 Alpine, UT

I cannot say enough "good" about Triple A. Over the years they have basically "saved" my family's life. Every time we have needed them, they have been quick and efficient.

Anne Kimball
July 27th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

I don't have enough good things to say about AAA. We have them for our home mortgage, car insurance and we have their roadside assistance. They have given us incredible rates, including good credit and good student discounts. And they have saved us time and time again in a jam when we run into car troubles!

Sara Jane
July 19th, 2018 Crestwood, KY

As a current AAA member, the service is very reliable. The roadside assistance comes in a timely manner and the technicians are skilled. If you have an older car, this AAA roadside assistance is a must buy.

Chris Alonzo
July 16th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Dependable and Safety guaranteed. Triple A has always been very reliable it really makes traveling feel safe because if you ever get a flat or have car trouble they are right there to help you. The service reps are helpful and friendly and great at helping you stay calm when you really want to freak out.

Nancy Morales
July 10th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

AAA has great customer service representatives that in my opinion are proficient in what they are doing. Get the information and get me the help I needed.

Ronda Hills
July 10th, 2018

Great service. We have our home and cars insured through AAA. We have used their road side service, made auto claims, and home claims. We have always received professional, timely service.

Lori Lori
July 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Reliable and affordable, plus travel discounts.

Kenneth (T.C.) Gould
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Only had one issue with them otherwise great company to have in your back pocket.

Amy Stewart
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We have been a member of AAA for many years now and have loved their service. We have broken down and used their towing many times. They have been great to work with. We have also gotten our quads and motorcycles titles their. quick, fast and easy!

Tabbitha Strauch
June 29th, 2018 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I would really like to start off by saying AAA is beyond amazing!!! First off I want to say I spoke with alot of people and every single person was a huge help. I talked to I believe either a Garrett and Jarrett. Sorry bad with names. But he was the sweetest!! He helped me book a tow truck and was asking if I was okay and seemed genuinely concerned about me. He told me how long the wait would be and also I formed me what the driver was doing . He didnt need to, I understand people are busy. But he did any ways and I loved that. So we hang up and shortly later I got another call. I wish I remember his name, however this gentleman was just as amazing. He told me the driver was finishing up on he other customer and would be too me shortly. He also told me he just wanted to let me know that I wasnt forgotten and they're still working on coming to me. I told them I was in a parking garage and asked if I should move. I was on the second level. They told me no, there was no need. So I am still waiting for my driver to show up. I called back and spoke with another gentleman. I was calling to tell them I was moving down a floor that way it would be easier for the tow truck to get in and out. He told me there wasnt a way for him to contact the driver and he was sorry. He was super sweet about everything and understanding. He asked if he could possibably help out with anything else. I politely declined, as there was nothing else I needed. He apologized for not being a bigger help. ( nothing he could do.) I told him no it's not your fault. Finally my driver came and let me tell you. NOT ONLY WERE THE PEOPLE I TALKED TO ON THE PHONE AMAZING THIS GUY I BELIEVE HIS NAME IS SHAWN WAS BEYOUND AMAZING!!!! He was super sweet and answered all my crazy questions. He asked I'd there was anything I'd like to listen to and asked if I'd like a water . He was beyound help full in every way possible. I couldnt be a happier customer. We finally arrived to my apartment, an I asked if he would be able to show me where i put a thing to change my tire. He showed me all the places I can left my jeep with out damaging it !!! He was amazing to drive with. There wasnt a moment of awkward silence. I felt like I actually knew him. This was just such an amazing experience... I am proud to say I am a AAA member!!! Truely amazing. -Tabbitha Strauch

Bella Houtz
June 13th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I have had Triple A for 20+ years. I have used them several times from towing to opening doors when my wife locks her keys in the car. The best thing about triple A is the peace of mind I have that if my wife has a problem with the car her and the kids are taken care of even if I'm out of town. They are fast to get to you and stay in constant communication with you until your problem is resolved.

Tom
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Good value and a very dependable company. I also like that they give great service and discounts at many locations.

Brad
June 7th, 2018 Pismo Beach, CA DETAILS

We just sold a car and transferred plates from that car to another and Chris P. of San Luis Obispo branch was AMAZING! Walked us through each step, each line, exactly what to do where and also gave me 2 types of screwdrivers to pull old and put new plates on our new vehicle. Just First Class customer service and we are so appreciative of his help, courtesy and professionalism. We feel grateful we had Chris to help us. A++

Jeff Martin
April 19th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

Had AAA for years and used it quite a few times. Even had to tow my Ford F-350 and had no problems. The driver even fit my family in his truck and got us home. Great service.

Anne Marie Milne
April 16th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

I can't count how many times I have had to call AAA to tow my car. It has been such a relief having them to count on. They are always so fast and I never have to worry about calling a tow truck or being stuck without a ride. I recommend AAA. They are great!

Tera Lee
April 12th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

My mother-in-law gives me AAA every year for the past 10 years for Christmas. We have used it quite a few times it's saved us from being stranded on the freeway flat tires their service is quick they picked us up quick taking care of us gave us a ride home in their truck. They're always friendly they're very efficient there quick professional I will never be without AAA ever. I will recommend it to every single person that I know and I have recommended it to so so many people

Landon Robison
April 9th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

I've been using AAA ever since I got my first car. There have been numerous times where I have needed a tow or locked my keys in my car, and they are always there to help in a timely manner with great customer service.

March 26th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Everything is so easy to use. From the app, to the computer, or by phone. It has been a great service

Gerald G Andrews Sr
March 16th, 2018 Beaumont, CA DETAILS

Excellent cuastomer service and insurance rates

Sheryl Imperi
February 12th, 2018 Willis, MI DETAILS

Cost of insurance is high & how they use credit report rather then payment histories rate me

February 12th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

They have always treated me well. The customer service is great and whenever I call on them, I'm treated with top priority.

Ann Dickinson
February 12th, 2018 Lake Elsinore, CA DETAILS

I feel that AAA is trustworthy and confident in all products they offer. As a member I am able to renew my car registration and worry free if my car breaks down on the side of the road. I'm also able to arrange for travel through AAA as well rest easier knowing my home insurance covers all my needs.

Judith Clark
February 1st, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I've been with them for years, at least 45. Premiums are fine. Have had to use them very little, but service has been good and fair.

Kathryn Crawford
February 1st, 2018 Fullerton, CA DETAILS

They have been our auto and homeowner insurance company for decades. Always fair. A totaled out car was handled beautifully. Recent water leak in downstairs bathroom was also handled wonderfully. Adjuster came out, the people they referred out were wonderful and everything was repaired to my satisfaction.

Diana
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Rude staff and salesman, good road service

Michael Hildebrand
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

30 years of flawlessly dedicated service

Patty Knight Knight
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Fair, quick to resolve claims. Follw up is excellent

liz
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

They have been helpful in all my needs!!

Linda finley