Best Company Guarantee AAA Logo

AAA

8.1

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2021

AAA is an excellent car insurance company to consider because of its high financial strength ratings, good coverage options, discounts, and service.

Although AAA has received many reviews on BestCompany.com, they primarily discuss AAA roadside assistance, not auto insurance. Given this focus, it's difficult to assess the customer experience for AAA car insurance policyholders. However, AAA's offerings are competitive for the industry.

Read AAA Reviews

The Good

• High Financial Strength Ratings
  • Flexible Coverage
  • AAA Discounts
  • Good Service
  • Helpful Educational Resources

High Financial Strength Ratings

AAA has earned high financial strength ratings. These high ratings indicate an insurance company's ability to meet its claims obligations. Since the insurance provider has high ratings, AAA policyholders can be confident when working with the company.

Flexible Coverage

You can find all the coverage you need with AAA car insurance. AAA offers policies with collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, bodily injury liability coverage, property damage liability coverage, uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, medical payments coverage, gap insurance, personal injury protection, and rental reimbursement.

You can also include a new car added protection that covers necessary repairs or replaces your new car without depreciation if it is damaged or totaled in a covered loss. This feature is especially beneficial if you've just purchased a new car because it protects your investment in your car.

With many coverage options, you'll be able to find an auto insurance product that meets your needs.

AAA Discounts

You'll find many opportunities for discounted rates on your car insurance policy from AAA.

Available discounts include:

• AAA membership and membership loyalty
  • Auto Insurance Loyalty
  • Multi-policy (home insurance)
  • Multi-vehicle
  • Advanced shopping (in conjunction with new business policies)
  • Teen smart
  • Good student
  • Distant student (child away at school without a car)
  • Payment plan

With many auto insurance discount opportunities, saving on the monthly premium is easy.

If you're an AAA member or are interested in multiple insurance policies, you can also save by choosing AAA for your insurance provider.

Good Service

AAA offers good service to its clients. You can receive an online car insurance quote or work with an agent directly. This flexibility means that you can communicate with the company the way you want.

AAA also has a fast and efficient claims service that is available around the clock. Whatever time you file a claim, AAA will assist you.

What's more, you can find additional products and services through AAA. You can become a AAA member for 24/7 roadside assistance, car repair discounts, and more. You can also buy homeowners, renters, or life insurance.

Helpful Online Resources

AAA's website has helpful articles on car insurance. You can reference these articles to learn more about car insurance coverage, assessing your needs, what affects premium rates, and more.

These resources show that AAA is focused on helping you understand car insurance and doing what's best for you.

The Bad

• Customer Review Limitations
  • Contact and Personal Information Required for Quote

Customer Review Limitations

While AAA has received a large number of reviews on BestCompany.com, many reviewers focus on AAA's roadside assistance services rather than its insurance policies.

AAA is well-known for these services, so it's not surprising that many reviewers discuss roadside assistance. However, the lack of AAA auto insurance reviews makes it difficult to adequately assess the car insurance customer experience with the car insurance provider.

Contact and Personal Information Required for Quote

To view an insurance rate quote online, you must provide personal information and your contact details. While the personal information necessary for quotes is more specific than what's required for other kinds of insurance, the information requested by AAA is the same as what other auto insurance providers request.

Needing to provide your contact information before viewing a quote can result in sales calls. If you're still in the research and exploring phase, you may want to start by looking at other sites.

The Bottom Line

While you have to provide contact information to view an online quote, AAA is still a reliable car insurance company. You can be confident in the insurance you buy because AAA 's car insurance policies include many different types of coverage and the insurer has received high financial strength ratings. You can also save on your premiums with the many discounts offered by AAA.

You'll also benefit from a quick claims process that is available 24/7. This makes it convenient to file a claim and receive payments quickly.

Although clearer information on the AAA auto insurance customer experience would be beneficial AAA is worth considering, especially if you're already a AAA member.

Call our recommended rep over at AAA below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Morgan Elijah Tallahassee, FL

I love that this is an addition to my insurance. I am a college student with an older car that can be quite unpredictable so I love the safeness that I feel knowing that I am covered by AAA. I dislike that with the gold membership it was marketed that I would get unlimited service like "car jumps and gas" but then I was told on-site that I only get 4 per year.

altavise davis Tallahassee, FL

AAA has always been one of my favorites. The one thing I enjoy the most is the roadside assistance especially because I moved from Fort Lauderdale to Tallahassee which is 8 hours away . Thanks to AAA I feel safer driving and I do not worry about anything happening to my car because I know that they will send help. I highly recommend others to look into it!

Nashali Vescovacci Gainesville, FL

This company is extremely helpful, especially for emergencies. This is a very trustworthy company that provides good quality care. They help you stay safe and have great company service.

Prenisha Tallahassee, FL

One of the most comprehensive job search databases out there. Easy to drill down into areas of specialty, useful email alerts. I've used it a few times, getting my next employment through them.

Kara Turkson Tallahassee, FL

AAA roadside assistance is super helpful if you ever find yourself needing car help. They've come out to jump my car, change my battery, change a flat tire and tow my car— all included in the yearly fee. The downside & the ultimate reason my family cancelled our membership after several years is there’s a limit to how much assistance they can offer before they start charging extra, which is ridiculous (something like 2 jumps a year & 1 tow <5 miles)

Annie Bloomer Surprise, AZ

We travel a lot and use rental cars. We had a car most recently in North Caroline and had a flat tire. They just brought a new car out. Also, our car battery dies from sitting a long time because we are snow birds. They have batteries on the truck and change them out in no time.

Set the Record Straight 'Ewa Beach, HI

AAA has excellent services but is lacking in their roadside services. For example, AAA Hawaii used to handle all roadside services calls from their local office. Now, your call is routed to a toll free number where you describe your problem. If your car doesn’t start, you need to assess whether it’s a battery problem or something else. If you state battery, then a vendor will arrive to jump start your car. That vendor does not have towing capability. So if it is not your battery, you need to call AAA’s toll free number again and request for a tow truck.

NWA ComBat Anderson, MO

ONE OF THE BEST DECISIONS I EVER MADE BEFORE MY OLDEST DAUGHTER MOVED AWAY FOR COLLEGE WAS PURCHASING AAA. THEY HAVE HELPED HER SPECIFICALLY WITH FLAT TIRE ISSUES ON 3 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS OVER THE LAST 7 YEARS, AND THEY HELPED ME ONCE WHEN TRAVELING OUT OF STATE WITH A CO-WORKER. MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER HAS NOW MOVED AWAY FOR COLLEGE AND I REST EASIER KNOW WE HAVE AAA IF WE NEED IT.

Bambie Alley Orlando, FL

I have been a member of AAA for 23 years. Whenever I needed help with anything, they have been prompt and very willing to help me. I have the utmost confidence with AAA!

Robert W Eighmy Henderson, NV

I have had their roadside service for several years and have had to rely on them to assist my family members several times. They are polite, courteous, and very respectful/

Vy Ha Birmingham, AL

Was my friend’s insurance company my senior year of high school when I got into first car accident together with her. Everything was covered there on for my specific injuries

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

As someone who shops for the best auto insurance for coverage price, AAA has been by-far the best. I would recommend AAA to anyone who would like the best coverage for an unbeatable price.

Pauline Abernathy Tucker, GA

I am a premier member and I suggest this company over any road hazard company. Prompt on arrival times, friendly customer service, and very fair on yearly fees for services rendered.

E Jester Baltimore, MD

I received AAA as a gift initially from my mother and have purchased it every year since then. I am pleased with my account and they come in handy every time. I don't use it often, in fact, not every year but I keep it for the assurance of knowing I have assistance with my car when I need it. More importantly, I don't add it to my auto insurance policy. Additionally, I suggest AAA provide customers who don't use it often an incentive to save money overall for the service. For two years I didn't use it at all. I believe AAA is there when you need them for pennies on the dollar. Who could ask for anything more? Thank you.

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

There when you need them. Take one trip to the DMV and you will gladly sign up for AAA. Car registration, insurance...etc. Maps for trips. (When your GPS goes out in the mountains you will thank me. Got my parents their auto insurance there. Decent pricing, but their customer service is superior. Passport photo for my passport renewal was simple and quick. Hotels, flights and cruises can be had at a discounted rate. And if you are ever stranded and need either a jump start or someone to get into your car because you locked the keys in, that is worth the membership cost alone. In every area I have dealt with them, their customer service is awesome.

Brandon Griess Houston, TX

Best and most reputable company to providing emergency issue resolution. Locked out of car, out of gas in middle of road, blown tire, battery dead. Got my moneys worth and earned my respect, for what i pay in one month with progressive, AAA offers for a year. AAA isnt even providing insurance and not only do I feel safer but know I got my moneys worth, never had a customer service issue, and can not see myself without AAA coverage for the rest of my life even with another service that provides roadside assistance I would not discontinue AAA. The only negative issue I had, was when car broke down from electrical issue that progressive refused to cover, needed a tow and it would’ve cost me around $400, chose not to use service. Managed to get my car closer to another service location and then they still followed through with the tow and it was free. Had I not been able to get car to intermittently work I would be more upset but wouldve understood the disagreeable situation and even still recommend them at a 10/10 . I recommend them currently at 11/10. Please, I challenge you to provide me another automotive company that has a better reputation than AAA. They set the standard in automotive/travel care and deserve the position they’ve acquired. No contest! All Professionals! Life-saving service amidst most traumatic of experiences. I pity the driver without AAA =a FFF decision

Archer

I had been with the same insurance company for 42 years, one of the big guns in the industry. However, I believe that they had become complacent and were becoming less competitive. A friend of mine told me that they had just switched to AAA and saved a fair amount on their policies. Long story short, I saved a total of $1,200.00 on my policies for my truck and my RV with great coverage and great CS from the git-go! I also signed up for their membership and roadside services, thankfully I have only needed minor assistance a couple of times over the last 3 years and they came through with flying colours! Check it out for yourself, maybe 15 minutes with AAA will save you more!

Angel Casey Tallahassee, FL

I like that if I get my keys locked in my car or have literally any other car related emergency, AAA is always there to help.

Q Kelly Hallandale, FL

I don’t know what all the fuss is about AAA I attempted to rent a hotel room through this AAA service I went on hotels.com and found a better rate I attempted to book an airline ticket the app kicked me out and would not allow me to book the flight

courtney tennant Salem, VA

I have had to call AAA several times over the past month and their customer service is so nice and helps me feel relieved in stressful times by fully explaining everything to me several times to make sure that I understand.

Abril Hunter Tallahassee, FL

As a College Student AAA has been a fantastic way to ensure that I’m never stranded with my car. I’ve called AAA multiple times to fix a popped tire and give me roadside assistance. Overarching way I find the AAA, sometimes doesn’t have the fastest response time to roadside calls which is the only reason that I took one star off. Overall though whenever they do arrive to you they have all of the means necessary to get you off the side of the road which is what has been most helpful to me. Also I really enjoy that with my AAA card I can get discounts at some stores.

Breya J Boise, ID

AAA is a solid company that is just amazing at what they do, their customer service is super responsive for anything you might have, would always recommend, they will find you the best price on any insurance and give you confidence that you have the most protection :)

Trojan 75 Clearwater, FL

Have been with AAA since 1967...that should about tell you of my satisfaction with this organization. No matter where we have traveled, it is wonderful to know that they are there as our safety net. We do not utilize their insurance, but rather the driver's group.

Luanne Clark Dayton, OH

I am an senior citizen female and had to call when my car wouldn't start after dark and was nervous, I didn't get the 2 ladies I ended up talking to. They were the nicest and caring people I had had the pleasure to deal with lady, they made me feel less nervous. I ended up having to wait for a locksmith till the next day. But they got me a solution right away and an appointment for the next day. I will continue to have the roadside assistance

Kathryn Crawford Fullerton, CA

They have been our auto and homeowner insurance company for decades. Always fair. A totaled out car was handled beautifully. Recent water leak in downstairs bathroom was also handled wonderfully. Adjuster came out, the people they referred out were wonderful and everything was repaired to my satisfaction.

MichaelandBethCox Fort Worth, TX

Saginaw/Fort Worth, Texas Called in on New Years Day because my family was stuck at home on a freezing day with a car that wouldn't start. Determined it may be a battery/ starter issue and had a technician arrive at our house (Felicien) within the hour. We determined the terminal was loose and the starter may be suspect, but even though our battery was old it didn't need immediate replacement as it continued to deliver solid voltage/CCA. Likewise, the alternator checked out. With the retightening, the car started three consecutive times without issue and I wasn't even billed since the battery didn't need to be changed. Excellent customer service, especially on a major holiday!

Linda Smith Catonsville, MD

Triple A is the best! They save me may times, encluding today! I had a flat tire yesterday, called they and as usually, they were out within 20 minutes. The were it was towed to didn't fix my tire. I called today to be told the shop was closed for the weekend! And the manager was in up in the mountains! Leaving me straded! No word, no communication at all. I called triple A and explained my situation, they had my truck towed to a different shop where its actually being fix! Thank you triple A!!😀 Great service! Great costomer service ! And the friendliest drivers ever! 10 stars. 🤗👍 i wouldn't go with anyone else. Keep up your great service!! Ms. Smith

Hannah Barth Tallahassee, FL

AAA is a life saver! I had a flat tire at work and they came quickly to help. The service was great.

Emma Reading, PA

I've been a Triple A member for a long time. Approximately 20 yrs or more. I felt it was a good company. It may be a sign of the times we are going though but this company has more then dropped the ball in my opinion. They of course don't have the help, and if you do get someone there to help you, they are not experienced. I was told recently that they are going to do away with trip tixs and tour books and you will have to get everything on line...I don't like it at all.

r vido Provo, UT

I once got a flat tire while I was driving and I didn't have a spare on me. Luckily, with their roadside assistance, they were able to quickly come out and help me

abw fsu Tallahassee, FL

Great service! I hit a curb pretty bad and AAA was prompt and efficient about getting my car when my girlfriend picked me up. Will definitely use again (hopefully I never have to).

Megan Lacey Draper, UT

I can't emphasize enough how relieving it is to have a membership! You're on the side of the road, you're in an unexpected position of needing to get help, you don't know what to do and you just want to call your mom but not to worry because you have AAA! There's no feeling like it, there are always amazing and they're there to save the day

Shar Ephrata, PA

AAA was very responsive and efficient after locking my keys in the car. They showed up within the time they said they would and the technician was extremely nice and did the job! I don't know what I would have done without AAA. I am thankful for their excellent service.

WT Vienna, VA

I have ALWAYS gotten great service and in most cases whenever I have needed service the help has arrived before the actual projected time. I have been locked out so many time, run out of gas and had a flat tire. I enjoy having AAA and believe it is truly worth more than the annual fee.

Juli Maloney Henderson, NV

My family has been customers of AAA for years. Not only do they provide their famous roadside assistance, but the AAA member benefits are also outstanding! From discounts at hotels and movies to being able to skip the DMV line to register your vehicle or get oil changes, AAA truly has you covered!

hemant mahidhara Grafton, MA

I have been a AAA member for many years now. Last month my car broke down and AAA was a life saver. Their tow truck came within 30 mins and towed my car to a nearby AAA service center. Repairs were done on time and price was not bad. Loved the service overall.

Martha Woodward Charlotte, NC

Love love love AAA! They have helped us out of so many jams like car not starting when coming out of the grocery store, dead batteries, tow services, etc. Not to mention all the discounts you get if you're a member. Money well spent!

Nina Harris-Whitten Attalla, AL

Great company for the total amount of years that we have been with them. We have been with them for 56 yrs and they treat us with the utmost respect. We only had one misunderstandment with them about who picked up the car and that was straightened out with just a few phone calls. Otherwise a great company for anything you need them for.

mac Macedon, NY

I love AAA. I always feel confident when I drive anywhere that if any problem comes up they will take care of me. Every staff member has been very kind and courteous. I was also riding with a friend who had a flat tire and they changed it because I was with her. The travel maps are wonderful also.

JoAnna Di Sibio Brentwood, CA

Great having AAA with the highest coverage. I have been commuting for many years and have had to use AAA on an occasion or three for an overheating car, running out of gas, flat tire etc. I have always had the best assistance and care and having so many tows available to me has helped me to feel safe everyday I commute.

Bill Newman St. Marys, GA

I’ve been a member for over 50 years…I guess you could say I’m a loyal customer of AAA! However, the roadside service has been VERY poor in my current local, rural area. My husband waited over 3 hours on Interstate 95 (north of Jacksonville FL) for a tow 3 years ago. Another service call (2 years ago) was similarly poor. The company was properly apologetic but they need to step up their service issues.

Kathy Kimberlin Houston, TX

Wednesday I got a flat tire on I-10 near Baytown. I called AAA and was helped immediately. They dispatched a tow truck. It took about 40 minutes. Bernardo from St. George’s tow survive showed up. My car was on the shoulder but traffic was very close. Bernardo immediately got me into his truck for safety reasons and risk his life to get my car on the truck. I am so grateful for him and would like for everyone to know what an outstanding job he did. Thank you so much!!!

Penny Kenly New Port Richey, FL

I had a flat tire called AAA ,a man named Matt with touch of class came out and was super nice and helped me and AAA supervisor not sure what his name is but I had no way to follow my van if it needed to be towed and so he set me up over the phone so that I could have a ride,I didnt need to use because the tow truck driver Matt put my donut tire on so I could drive to get a tire but thanks a million for the help!!!!!!

Becky Day Tallahassee, FL

I love having AAA ! They are always there when you need them. A few weeks ago I was driving my daughter's Jeep and I locked my keys in the car. I called the 800 number and immediately I was contacted by text saying someone was on the way and would be there in less than an hour. It is such a comforting feeling knowing you won't be stranded somewhere without help.

Heidi Pope East Hampton, CT

I have been using AAA for emergency service for 20+ years and have always found their rates and service to be superior. I recently realized I could get Homeowner's and Auto Insurance with them so I called for some quotes. I was amazed at the savings they provided me instead of going through a traditional Insurance company. The representative I worked with was knowledgeable and also able to provide multiple discounts due to being a Customer already and adding on multiple insurance policies

Jaquida Calloway Spring Hill, FL

Out of my 3 years of being an AAA member no one has ever took the time out to explain the benefits of being a member such as ms C you have 48hrs to get back with us if you should need a car rental I always use it for my tows and that’s it but mrs Patrice W I believe her name was took the time to explain all of that and all I could say was wow she asked what I said out of my 3 yrs I never new any of this I’m always upset because they give me problems bout my son mrs W asked bout what I went into detail and she said not today send that baby to school and I can put you down as a stand by I said whatttttt now that’s what I’m talking bout I almost gave up on AAA because of what I go threw because of mrs W we need more ppl like you because you rock then the tow truck service from mikes body auto mr D you the man my experience today was amazing smooth and beautiful thank you both

Shannon lawson Burlingame, CA

I have been a member of AAA on and off for many years and Frank from Fresno is amazing I had a question about prices and benefits and he's very true in answering and during this covid-19 I didn't like to talk and we had the most Pleasant conversation and I really appreciate it plus I've had my car towed three times and the shop that was AAA certified was incredible as well did an amazing job on engine and clutch replacement and in record time and very pleasant to be around as well all were also very reasonable on price and warranty kudos to AAA and their shops and the tow truck drivers I had three of them from Action Tow in San Mateo and they were all amazing very good

Louise Tareila Hartford, CT

I needed a flatbed to bring my F350 to my mechanic. The broken front end suspension was making my tires go in opposite directions. In less than an hour the female AAA driver arrived. I was informed twice by phne about her arrival time. She handled the job with respect for me and my truck, listening to my explanation of the steering problem. She preceded to carefully inch my truck onto the flat bed, and adjust the wheels when needed. It was never dragged or forced in any way. She was as good as they come at AAA. She was fast and knew her "stuff". I am so pleased, I am inclined to write this review!

Mary Krouskos Largo, FL

I was driving to Gainesville FL going the posted speed limit of 70 mph. We all know that’s just a suggestion for many drivers. All of a sudden, I heard BANGBANGBANG. I thought it must be a broken belt. I had borrowed the car and didn’t know how to raise the hood. If I had raised it, it wouldn’t have made a difference. A bright light went off in my head. Call AAA. By the Grace of God, I had pulled off the highway right next to an exit sign. Not five minutes later, I see a truck pull up and stop in front of me. His name is Mason. My Angel in disguise. He rooted around under the hood and saw that it wasn’t a broken belt. He loaded my car on his flat bed truck and discovered the problem. He even took a picture of it for me. One of the tires had split and a portion was hitting the under carriage of the car. He got on the phone to a local, reputable tire place and took me there and waited to see if I was okay. AAA needs to celebrate a Mason Day!

Stephanie Carter Madison, TN

Hello, what a pleasurable experience I had with AAA . My car battery had died on me in my driveway and needed a jump. I called the service on 11/10/2019, talk about fast lighting service. She was so polite, Customer Service) and professional in getting me the help I needed saying between now and an hour someone will be there. Dale called me and said he’d be there in 7 minutes, it was 5 min, I couldn’t believe how fast. He was so professional and checked my battery and found to be bad. He didn’t have one on his truck so recommended the best, fair priced option and said they will put it in for me. Dale deserves more than 5**** I give him Kudos of 10+ star rating. I was so happy that I’ve referred your company to my friends to signup. Thank you for having the best employees .