Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

AAA Logo

7.0

AAA

Available for residents of Northern California, Utah, and Nevada

The American Automobile Association, or AAA, started as a driver and road safety organization in the early 1900s and has developed into today's highly recommended auto insurance company in Northern California, Nevada and Utah. The headquarters remain in California, and reports state that over four million policies are active.

The Good

• Coverage features
  • Discounts
  • File/track claims

Coverage Features

AAA currently covers the following in their auto coverage plans:

• Collision
  • Uninsured
  • Rental Reimbursement
  • New Car Added Protection

Discounts

The AAA membership discount is one of the best in the industry. There are also various discounts available depending on a car's features, such as passive restraint and anti-theft features. Policy holders will receive a 15% discount when holding both auto and home insurance.

• Membership
  • Multiple-car
  • Antitheft
  • Good drivers
  • Good students
  • Pay in full

File/Track Claims

Claims are able to be filed and tracked through the company's website. Additionally, reps are standing by 24/7 to file claims on the policy holder's behalf via the phone. In 2011, AAA released a step-by-step guide to help car owners know what to do at the scene of an accident.

The Bad

• Service coverage
  • Discounts
  • Price range

While AAA helps insure millions of drivers across the country, there are missing features that need to be examined. These factors may be a deal breaker for a number of drivers. Prior to making a decision, prospective clients should analyze the following:

Service Coverage

This insurance company's insurance policies are only valid for auto insurance in 3/50 states: California, Utah and Nevada. Roadside assistance and AAA membership is available throughout the continental United States.

Discounts

While they do offer a discount for auto coverage bundled with home, they don't appear to offer any discounts such as safe driver and accident forgiveness discounts.

Price Range

On average, an AAA auto insurance policy costs $121 per month.

The Bottom Line

AAA covers a large variety of situations and accidents, and provides that information specifically on their website. However, only residents of Northern California, Utah and Nevada are eligible for these services, even though the company has a national presence for roadside assistance and auto repairs. The price estimate we got was a little higher than average. We recognize this comes with the added perks of AAA's unique and longstanding roadside assistance and repair networks, so if that's your priority, it might be worth the extra cost.

Lindsay Fritts
November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Love AAA! I have used them for everything from booking hotel rooms, to having my car towed to grabbing maps of places I was traveling to. I use them all the time! They are always fast and ready to help.

Kathie Bowman
November 16th, 2018 Lakeside, CA DETAILS

I have been with AAA for years. They are always there when I need then and easy to access. Their customer service is always top of the line

Kelly Bailey
November 7th, 2018 Bridgewater, VA DETAILS

Extremely dissatisfied. I was stranded on the side of I26 and extremely high trafficked road with the speed limit of 70 with my 3 yr old. I placed the service order at 3:48. I heard nothing about if someone was coming or when until 4:51. My tow truck didn't arrive until 6:09. I should have called a tow myself. Paying my premium for this type of service is not worth it.

JM
October 26th, 2018 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

I have had two recent experiences with my local AAA. First I had a car that would not start. The technician tested my car and discovered it was a dead battery. My battery was replaced and I was on my way. Th econd experience was in my local AAA Office where I needed helpgetting license plates for a used car I purchased. I was in and out of the office withi 20 minutes with my plates, putting DMV to shame !!

Andrew Ragusa
October 19th, 2018 Norristown, PA DETAILS

Terrell Lindsay of the Philadelphia Fleet was incredible. He was speedy showing up. & easy to speak with. He is a good dude he went above & beyond by pointing me in the right direction & helped me understand what was wrong with my car.

Steve schramm
October 16th, 2018 Salem, UT DETAILS

Rates were competitive, friendly customer service. Offered customized options. However, not sure the annual membership fee is needed.

Marci Schramm
October 15th, 2018 Salem, UT DETAILS

I have had AAA in the past and enjoyed it. I got a lot of travel books from them. I always just go with the most reasonable insurance company and I get a better rate from another company. I wish they would lower their rates so I could return

Claudette Renzulli
October 1st, 2018 Westport, CT DETAILS

Last night, after work, my car happen to break down on the north bound exit ramp. The traffic an speed of cars coming off ramp horrifing...called roadside assistance from my insurance company....to which they responded we have NO One available in your area. Ugh!!! Then called AAA omg excellent on every level. Made sure I was safe, called state trooper, who parked behind me so cars coming off the exit ramp would slow down. The tow truck driver to whom AAA dispatched was calm, pleasant an towed my car in record speed. Very reassuring and comforting to know when all of your lights, battery, engine shut down at such a late hour of night and AAA is there to rescue you!!!

Chelsea
September 27th, 2018 Richmond, VA DETAILS

AWFUL SERVICE.. they told me they’d be here in an hour, then two.. they continue to push it back until you’ve been sitting and waiting for nearly three hours. Would not recommend.

Matt
September 26th, 2018

We love our AAA!! They are fast and dependable. Have had alot of great recurrences with them!

Kimberly Maddock
September 17th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I was on my way to a soccer tournament in St George Utah when my tire blew out. AAA customer service was easy to contact, sent help immediately, and had me back on the road in under 40 minutes. Total lifesaver!

Tracy
September 17th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

I have used AAA for auto coverage and hotel discounts. It has helped me greatly when I have needed towing.

Monica
September 10th, 2018 Carrollton, GA DETAILS

My husband and I just purchased a used boat and trailer in Alabama on our way to Florida. The axle on the boat trailer came off and we were left on the side of the highway. We called AAA to get the trailer towed (my husband bought the better package that tows trailers because we travel a lot with them). After sitting on the phone for 2 hours they stated that they could not tow us. This comes after we were told they would send a tow but the tow company they patched us to was too busy to help us. We kept getting the run around between GA and AL. Zero customer service! We called our own tow truck who was here in 20 minutes. What a waste of money! I will never recommend them and come Monday our membership will be cancelled and I will add tow coverage back to my vehicle insurance policy.

Mythreya
September 4th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I spoke with Efren A, a Sales and Service Associate at AAA in 1035 E Brokaw Rd. Suite 10, San Jose, CA 95131. He was kind enough to update me best about my membership and renew my vehicle registration.

Melissa Reinoso
August 30th, 2018 Herriman, UT

They are an amazing company to work with. They came out and helped me get a new battery in my truck after I went out and bought one that was the wrong size. They are a great company to be able to call when you are in trouble.

Kristin G
August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

We bought AAA auto insurance for our car when we were first married because of the trusted name alone. When we added another car and then a third we started comparing prices and ended up switching companies because we found a lower rate.

Tualagi
August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

called around just getting a quote and was very impressed with AAA agent. later that day i walked in and signed papers and out the door less than an hour. Friendly workers at AAA, very helpful, and knowledgeable. Best price around and the benefits are great!

Darrin Henry
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love the value for AAA because I have a Natural Gas car, and want the ability to have it towed if I ever run out of gas.

Douglas Larson
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

The best part of the insurance is their roadside service. AAA is quick and responsive to distress calls to come tow a car.

Jodie Larson
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

A couple of my favorite things about AAA, besides providing good, quality auto insurance...Roadside Assistance and discounts on lodging and activities. They are more than just an insurance company!

Robin
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

great coverage, a little pricey but the extra benefits you get makes up for it. you can depend on AAA when your vehicle breaks down or when you accidently lock your keys in your car.

Rashida Laumatia
August 27th, 2018 Saint George, UT

Loved AAA. Roadside assistance was faster than I’ve ever had. Pricing did get out of hand.

Dave Brinton
August 24th, 2018 DETAILS

Love the peace of mind for me and my family, always knowing if I need a jump, or my wife has a flat we are covered.

Bonnie Anderson
August 21st, 2018 Lehi, UT

I've used AAA mostly for towing services. Not as helpful for getting discounts as it used to be.

Paula Henrie
August 20th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love having the peace of mind that I can call AAA to help me when my husband is out of town. Love the discounts also!

Haley Houtz
August 20th, 2018 Herriman, UT

We highly recommend AAA. They live up to their company values- the customer service is unbeatable!

Hunter
August 20th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

My car broke down two weeks ago and I was there within 30 minutes helping me and I have nothing but good to say about this company.

Becky Rasmussen
August 20th, 2018 American Fork, UT

AAA is a helpful and friendly travel resource. They are the only place to go if you need an International Driver's Permit for foreign travel and they offer a number of other benefits that I haven't found with any other organization. Their fees are nominal and their services are unique.

Bella Houtz
August 17th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

I have had triple A for years. They have towed my cars got out locked keys even changed a tire for my wife. Will keep it for the peace of mind it gives me to have my wife protected.

Derrick
August 6th, 2018 Lubbock, TX

I switched from Geico to AAA because I found AAA to be far more competitive with their rates. I enjoyed working with a local rep over the phone to select the coverages that worked best for my circumstances. Very understanding and helpful sales reps who offer none of the pressure that other companies do. The mobile app has been sufficiently helpful so far, though it does not offer as many features as the Geico app that I'm used to.

James Nelson
August 2nd, 2018 Falls Church, VA

Service is consistently quick, and the specialist are highly skilled each time.

Sarah
August 2nd, 2018 Fairfax, VA

I really appreciate having AAA, especially since my car is 10 years old. A tire blew out on me once on the freeway and within 30 minutes AAA had sent someone to put my spare tire on. They were very helpful and nice and I so appreciated their assistance. I've also saved money various times using my AAA membership to purchase tickets for things.

Hannah Cummins
August 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

AAA is one of the best insurances to have when you are in a bind. It's extremely helpful to have the ability to call for roadside​ assistance when needed.

Cheryl Linden
August 1st, 2018 Cave Creek, AZ

Had car insurance with AAA for years; very responsive, reasonably priced premium

James Wada
July 27th, 2018 Soldotna, AK DETAILS

I am a AAA premium member and my wife was driving back from California to Nevada when our jeep broke down. She contacted them and yes after several hours tow truck took it to his shop because he couldn’t cross the border. 4 days later she had to drive 118 miles back to the jeep to get it towed back to the house. She started work at 5:00 am called them at 8:00 to get it towed back they said she had to be there to release the vehicle. She got off at 2:00 pm and drove 118 miles they didn’t have a tow truck for her. I contacted them and I talked the agent her supervisor and then to the manager finally he told me yes we have the mileage to get it home and that she would have to come back however many days until they could get it towed back.

Karen Nelson
July 27th, 2018 Alpine, UT

I cannot say enough "good" about Triple A. Over the years they have basically "saved" my family's life. Every time we have needed them, they have been quick and efficient.

Anne Kimball
July 27th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

I don't have enough good things to say about AAA. We have them for our home mortgage, car insurance and we have their roadside assistance. They have given us incredible rates, including good credit and good student discounts. And they have saved us time and time again in a jam when we run into car troubles!

Sara Jane
July 19th, 2018 Crestwood, KY

As a current AAA member, the service is very reliable. The roadside assistance comes in a timely manner and the technicians are skilled. If you have an older car, this AAA roadside assistance is a must buy.

Chris Alonzo
July 16th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Dependable and Safety guaranteed. Triple A has always been very reliable it really makes traveling feel safe because if you ever get a flat or have car trouble they are right there to help you. The service reps are helpful and friendly and great at helping you stay calm when you really want to freak out.

Nancy Morales
July 10th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

AAA has great customer service representatives that in my opinion are proficient in what they are doing. Get the information and get me the help I needed.