AAA

AAA Logo

5.0

a month ago

AAA

AAA Auto Insurance is available for residents of Northern California, Utah, and Nevada.

The American Automobile Association, or AAA, started as a driver and road safety organization in the early 1900s and has developed into today's highly recommended auto insurance company in Northern California, Nevada and Utah. The headquarters remain in California, and reports state that over four million policies are active.

The Good

• Coverage features
  • Discounts
  • File/track claims

Coverage Features

AAA currently covers the following in their auto coverage plans:

• Collision
  • Uninsured
  • Rental Reimbursement
  • New Car Added Protection

Discounts

The AAA membership discount is one of the best in the industry. There are also various discounts available depending on a car's features, such as passive restraint and anti-theft features. Policy holders will receive a 15% discount when holding both auto and home insurance.

• Membership
  • Multiple-car
  • Antitheft
  • Good drivers
  • Good students
  • Pay in full

File/Track Claims

Claims are able to be filed and tracked through the company's website. Additionally, reps are standing by 24/7 to file claims on the policy holder's behalf via the phone. In 2011, AAA released a step-by-step guide to help car owners know what to do at the scene of an accident.

The Bad

• Service coverage
  • Discounts
  • Price range

While AAA helps insure millions of drivers across the country, there are missing features that need to be examined. These factors may be a deal breaker for a number of drivers. Prior to making a decision, prospective clients should analyze the following:

Service Coverage

This insurance company's insurance policies are only valid for auto insurance in 3/50 states: California, Utah and Nevada. Roadside assistance and AAA membership is available throughout the continental United States.

Discounts

While they do offer a discount for auto coverage bundled with home, they don't appear to offer any discounts such as safe driver and accident forgiveness discounts.

Price Range

On average, an AAA auto insurance policy costs $121 per month.

The Bottom Line

AAA covers a large variety of situations and accidents, and provides that information specifically on their website. However, only residents of Northern California, Utah and Nevada are eligible for these services, even though the company has a national presence for roadside assistance and auto repairs. The price estimate we got was a little higher than average. We recognize this comes with the added perks of AAA's unique and longstanding roadside assistance and repair networks, so if that's your priority, it might be worth the extra cost.

Jeff Martin
April 19th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

Had AAA for years and used it quite a few times. Even had to tow my Ford F-350 and had no problems. The driver even fit my family in his truck and got us home. Great service.

Anne Marie Milne
April 16th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

I can't count how many times I have had to call AAA to tow my car. It has been such a relief having them to count on. They are always so fast and I never have to worry about calling a tow truck or being stuck without a ride. I recommend AAA. They are great!

Tera Lee
April 12th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

My mother-in-law gives me AAA every year for the past 10 years for Christmas. We have used it quite a few times it's saved us from being stranded on the freeway flat tires their service is quick they picked us up quick taking care of us gave us a ride home in their truck. They're always friendly they're very efficient there quick professional I will never be without AAA ever. I will recommend it to every single person that I know and I have recommended it to so so many people

Landon Robison
April 9th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

I've been using AAA ever since I got my first car. There have been numerous times where I have needed a tow or locked my keys in my car, and they are always there to help in a timely manner with great customer service.

March 26th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Everything is so easy to use. From the app, to the computer, or by phone. It has been a great service

Gerald G Andrews Sr
March 16th, 2018 Beaumont, CA DETAILS

Excellent cuastomer service and insurance rates

Sheryl Imperi
February 12th, 2018 Willis, MI DETAILS

Cost of insurance is high & how they use credit report rather then payment histories rate me

February 12th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

They have always treated me well. The customer service is great and whenever I call on them, I'm treated with top priority.

Ann Dickinson
February 12th, 2018 Lake Elsinore, CA DETAILS

I feel that AAA is trustworthy and confident in all products they offer. As a member I am able to renew my car registration and worry free if my car breaks down on the side of the road. I'm also able to arrange for travel through AAA as well rest easier knowing my home insurance covers all my needs.

Judith Clark
February 1st, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I've been with them for years, at least 45. Premiums are fine. Have had to use them very little, but service has been good and fair.

Kathryn Crawford
February 1st, 2018 Fullerton, CA DETAILS

They have been our auto and homeowner insurance company for decades. Always fair. A totaled out car was handled beautifully. Recent water leak in downstairs bathroom was also handled wonderfully. Adjuster came out, the people they referred out were wonderful and everything was repaired to my satisfaction.

Diana
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Rude staff and salesman, good road service

Michael Hildebrand
January 26th, 2018 DETAILS

30 years of flawlessly dedicated service

Patty Knight Knight
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

Fair, quick to resolve claims. Follw up is excellent

liz
January 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

They have been helpful in all my needs!!

Linda finley

THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE WHEN YOU NEED HELP

R
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They raise your ins $2 and then give you $1 reward back and brag about it!!!

art
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I never have had a problem warn I have called all my questions have been answered.

Jean C
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I was in a car accident. Everything was handled really well including prompt payment of my medical bills and a pretty fair value paid for my totaled car.

Donna Shanahan
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Responsive, quick with answers + help, rewards driver for responsible driving + price

Patti N
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They are friendly, accommodating and have decent prices.

Robert Waldron
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

good company easy underwriting forgiveness and value

Alfredo Heredia
January 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Quick support over the phone. Interested in helping me save through discounts.

January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Never had any reason for complaints. Customer is treated with respect.

Federico Trujillo
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

insurance rates increased yearly even thou no auto claims

Ernesto Lozano
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

everything went as planned had no problems coming or going

William Bailen
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Rates are reasonable, and they are responsive when needed .

Glen Williams
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Awesome customer service! And they're definitely not some cut fly by night cut rate insurance company!

Teresa Turner
January 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Good customer service and care. Quick phone service.

Jessica THayne
January 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

they always cancel my insurance even after i have paid it.

Jason Thayne-Allred
January 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Don't keep track of payments very well and don't follow through with what they say

Vincent Vizza
December 12th, 2017 Naperville, IL DETAILS

My vehicle broke down in a parallel parking spot in Chicago. AAA guys were there within an hour, picked the car out of the parallel space, and gave me a ride with the vehicle over an hour away to my dealership. The workers were friendly and I enjoyed the ride. Awesome guys, great service.

Shalese
November 13th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS

Got locked out of my car and they were there in under 20mins.

Dale Zollinger
November 6th, 2017 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Great customer service. Just hate how much it costs.

Pete
October 31st, 2017 Centerville, UT DETAILS

AAA is very useful, my younger brother locked his keys in his car a while ago and we were able to call AAA and they immediately came and helped us unlock the car. It's worth it just for that.

Shelly Zollinger
October 30th, 2017 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Always available for help when im stranded! Peace of mind

Ricky Nichols
October 24th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Amazing service, always there when I need them no matter where you may be.

James OKeefe
October 24th, 2017 Folsom, CA DETAILS

I've had good service for over 30 years.

George Perrier
October 24th, 2017 Fairfield, CA DETAILS

very competitive pricing, customer service is excellent,