Best Company Guarantee AAA Logo

AAA

8.0

AAA is an excellent car insurance company to consider because of its high financial strength ratings, good coverage options, discounts, and service.

Although AAA has received many reviews on BestCompany.com, they primarily discuss AAA roadside assistance, not auto insurance. Given this focus, it's difficult to assess the customer experience for AAA car insurance policyholders. However, AAA's offerings are competitive for the industry.

Read AAA Reviews

The Good

• High Financial Strength Ratings
  • Flexible Coverage
  • AAA Discounts
  • Good Service
  • Helpful Educational Resources

High Financial Strength Ratings

AAA has earned high financial strength ratings. These high ratings indicate an insurance company's ability to meet its claims obligations. Since the insurance provider has high ratings, AAA policyholders can be confident when working with the company.

Flexible Coverage

You can find all the coverage you need with AAA car insurance. AAA offers policies with collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, bodily injury liability coverage, property damage liability coverage, uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, medical payments coverage, gap insurance, personal injury protection, and rental reimbursement.

You can also include a new car added protection that covers necessary repairs or replaces your new car without depreciation if it is damaged or totaled in a covered loss. This feature is especially beneficial if you've just purchased a new car because it protects your investment in your car.

With many coverage options, you'll be able to find an auto insurance product that meets your needs.

AAA Discounts

You'll find many opportunities for discounted rates on your car insurance policy from AAA.

Available discounts include:

• AAA membership and membership loyalty
  • Auto Insurance Loyalty
  • Multi-policy (home insurance)
  • Multi-vehicle
  • Advanced shopping (in conjunction with new business policies)
  • Teen smart
  • Good student
  • Distant student (child away at school without a car)
  • Payment plan

With many auto insurance discount opportunities, saving on the monthly premium is easy.

If you're an AAA member or are interested in multiple insurance policies, you can also save by choosing AAA for your insurance provider.

Good Service

AAA offers good service to its clients. You can receive an online car insurance quote or work with an agent directly. This flexibility means that you can communicate with the company the way you want.

AAA also has a fast and efficient claims service that is available around the clock. Whatever time you file a claim, AAA will assist you.

What's more, you can find additional products and services through AAA. You can become a AAA member for 24/7 roadside assistance, car repair discounts, and more. You can also buy homeowners, renters, or life insurance.

Helpful Online Resources

AAA's website has helpful articles on car insurance. You can reference these articles to learn more about car insurance coverage, assessing your needs, what affects premium rates, and more.

These resources show that AAA is focused on helping you understand car insurance and doing what's best for you.

The Bad

• Customer Review Limitations
  • Contact and Personal Information Required for Quote

Customer Review Limitations

While AAA has received a large number of reviews on BestCompany.com, many reviewers focus on AAA's roadside assistance services rather than its insurance policies.

AAA is well-known for these services, so it's not surprising that many reviewers discuss roadside assistance. However, the lack of AAA auto insurance reviews makes it difficult to adequately assess the car insurance customer experience with the car insurance provider.

Contact and Personal Information Required for Quote

To view an insurance rate quote online, you must provide personal information and your contact details. While the personal information necessary for quotes is more specific than what's required for other kinds of insurance, the information requested by AAA is the same as what other auto insurance providers request.

Needing to provide your contact information before viewing a quote can result in sales calls. If you're still in the research and exploring phase, you may want to start by looking at other sites.

The Bottom Line

While you have to provide contact information to view an online quote, AAA is still a reliable car insurance company. You can be confident in the insurance you buy because AAA 's car insurance policies include many different types of coverage and the insurer has received high financial strength ratings. You can also save on your premiums with the many discounts offered by AAA.

You'll also benefit from a quick claims process that is available 24/7. This makes it convenient to file a claim and receive payments quickly.

Although clearer information on the AAA auto insurance customer experience would be beneficial AAA is worth considering, especially if you're already a AAA member.

Call our recommended rep over at AAA below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Bittermac Lawndale, CA

There when you need them. Take one trip to the DMV and you will gladly sign up for AAA. Car registration, insurance...etc. Maps for trips. (When your GPS goes out in the mountains you will thank me. Got my parents their auto insurance there. Decent pricing, but their customer service is superior. Passport photo for my passport renewal was simple and quick. Hotels, flights and cruises can be had at a discounted rate. And if you are ever stranded and need either a jump start or someone to get into your car because you locked the keys in, that is worth the membership cost alone. In every area I have dealt with them, their customer service is awesome.

Brandon Griess Houston, TX

Best and most reputable company to providing emergency issue resolution. Locked out of car, out of gas in middle of road, blown tire, battery dead. Got my moneys worth and earned my respect, for what i pay in one month with progressive, AAA offers for a year. AAA isnt even providing insurance and not only do I feel safer but know I got my moneys worth, never had a customer service issue, and can not see myself without AAA coverage for the rest of my life even with another service that provides roadside assistance I would not discontinue AAA. The only negative issue I had, was when car broke down from electrical issue that progressive refused to cover, needed a tow and it would’ve cost me around $400, chose not to use service. Managed to get my car closer to another service location and then they still followed through with the tow and it was free. Had I not been able to get car to intermittently work I would be more upset but wouldve understood the disagreeable situation and even still recommend them at a 10/10 . I recommend them currently at 11/10. Please, I challenge you to provide me another automotive company that has a better reputation than AAA. They set the standard in automotive/travel care and deserve the position they’ve acquired. No contest! All Professionals! Life-saving service amidst most traumatic of experiences. I pity the driver without AAA =a FFF decision

Archer

I had been with the same insurance company for 42 years, one of the big guns in the industry. However, I believe that they had become complacent and were becoming less competitive. A friend of mine told me that they had just switched to AAA and saved a fair amount on their policies. Long story short, I saved a total of $1,200.00 on my policies for my truck and my RV with great coverage and great CS from the git-go! I also signed up for their membership and roadside services, thankfully I have only needed minor assistance a couple of times over the last 3 years and they came through with flying colours! Check it out for yourself, maybe 15 minutes with AAA will save you more!

Marlene Coville Blakeslee, PA

I like the fact that they are there when we need them most of the time. By that I mean last winter our mini van suffered a battery that went dead. AAA boast that they bring a battery to you and you are on your way, we have been AAA members for nearly 30 years and were very disappointed to find out that OUR van was one that they didn't stock. So I was out of luck. I had to rent a car to get to work. No one was around to help me,

Shar Ephrata, PA

AAA was very responsive and efficient after locking my keys in the car. They showed up within the time they said they would and the technician was extremely nice and did the job! I don't know what I would have done without AAA. I am thankful for their excellent service.

WT Vienna, VA

I have ALWAYS gotten great service and in most cases whenever I have needed service the help has arrived before the actual projected time. I have been locked out so many time, run out of gas and had a flat tire. I enjoy having AAA and believe it is truly worth more than the annual fee.

Juli Maloney Henderson, NV

My family has been customers of AAA for years. Not only do they provide their famous roadside assistance, but the AAA member benefits are also outstanding! From discounts at hotels and movies to being able to skip the DMV line to register your vehicle or get oil changes, AAA truly has you covered!

Stephanie Frazier Winston-Salem, NC

When I had locked my keys in may car the customer service was great. They made sure I was in a safe place and sent someone as quickly as they can.

1 day ago

Nancy Haney Greeneville, TN

My husband and I love AAA. Whenever I lock my keys in the car (which happens a lot unfortunately), or encounter a flat tire, I can always rely on AAA to be there!

hemant mahidhara Grafton, MA

I have been a AAA member for many years now. Last month my car broke down and AAA was a life saver. Their tow truck came within 30 mins and towed my car to a nearby AAA service center. Repairs were done on time and price was not bad. Loved the service overall.

Martha Woodward Charlotte, NC

Love love love AAA! They have helped us out of so many jams like car not starting when coming out of the grocery store, dead batteries, tow services, etc. Not to mention all the discounts you get if you're a member. Money well spent!

Nina Harris-Whitten Attalla, AL

Great company for the total amount of years that we have been with them. We have been with them for 56 yrs and they treat us with the utmost respect. We only had one misunderstandment with them about who picked up the car and that was straightened out with just a few phone calls. Otherwise a great company for anything you need them for.

mac Macedon, NY

I love AAA. I always feel confident when I drive anywhere that if any problem comes up they will take care of me. Every staff member has been very kind and courteous. I was also riding with a friend who had a flat tire and they changed it because I was with her. The travel maps are wonderful also.

JoAnna Di Sibio Brentwood, CA

Great having AAA with the highest coverage. I have been commuting for many years and have had to use AAA on an occasion or three for an overheating car, running out of gas, flat tire etc. I have always had the best assistance and care and having so many tows available to me has helped me to feel safe everyday I commute.

Bill Newman St. Marys, GA

I’ve been a member for over 50 years…I guess you could say I’m a loyal customer of AAA! However, the roadside service has been VERY poor in my current local, rural area. My husband waited over 3 hours on Interstate 95 (north of Jacksonville FL) for a tow 3 years ago. Another service call (2 years ago) was similarly poor. The company was properly apologetic but they need to step up their service issues.

Becky Day Tallahassee, FL

I love having AAA ! They are always there when you need them. A few weeks ago I was driving my daughter's Jeep and I locked my keys in the car. I called the 800 number and immediately I was contacted by text saying someone was on the way and would be there in less than an hour. It is such a comforting feeling knowing you won't be stranded somewhere without help.

Annika Thorup Logan, UT

I popped my tires one night and it was such a blessing to have AAA come help move my car. They were quick and efficient.

Billye Newcomb Galveston, TX

I have had AAA for many years. Most of the time they have responded in a timely manner and taken care of whatever problem I was having.

Don Mesibov Potsdam, NY

Over the many years of my membership in AAA I have had several times when I hae needed roadside assistance and have always received friendly, prompt service.

Brycen Blater Phoenix, AZ

Super easy and really reliable. It is also great that it works for any car that you are the passenger of. So even if you aren't the one driving, road side assistance still applies.

Crystal F Conneaut, OH

Great customer service! Highly recommend, when you don’t have them you wish you did ( ask me how I know;) I feel so much more peace of mind knowing if something happens and I need a tow or help I have AAA.

Shari Milledge Charlotte, NC

I love AAA. They are loyal to their customers. Their customer service is excellent. They have always given us excellent service, from car towing to changing and installing batteries.

B Lemas Boise, ID

Absolutely recommend AAA. I've used them for 20+ years for home and auto and never had a problem. I've switched to Geico since it's less money but you can't beat AAA in most cases.

Maxine Blecher Phoenix, AZ

I've been with AAA for about 10 years. I've been stuck as we all have. They come in what seems like a wink. They also come to my house to fix flat tires too, and always faster than expected.

Jacquin Smith Palm Springs, CA

I have had AAA for over 20 years and every time I've needed to call which is about once a year, I have never had a complaint. They are always quick to answer and quick to solve my problem with our cars. The towing services always arrive as quickly as they can and these service people are quick and very kind. It is an amazing company!

Jun Chen Rockville, MD

I has even been a customer of AAA. It gave us a lot of help when I had problems in my car. Their service was good and always on time. Especially we love the free maps from AAA at that time. I kept as a customer even though GPS was used in my car. Till we have cell phone with much greater GPS system we don’t use AAA anymore. The insurance also covers road service. I still consider to be a customer of AAA if I feel like I need any specific service from AAA.

Luanne Clark Dayton, OH

I am an senior citizen female and had to call when my car wouldn't start after dark and was nervous, I didn't get the 2 ladies I ended up talking to. They were the nicest and caring people I had had the pleasure to deal with lady, they made me feel less nervous. I ended up having to wait for a locksmith till the next day. But they got me a solution right away and an appointment for the next day. I will continue to have the roadside assistance

MichaelandBethCox Fort Worth, TX

Saginaw/Fort Worth, Texas Called in on New Years Day because my family was stuck at home on a freezing day with a car that wouldn't start. Determined it may be a battery/ starter issue and had a technician arrive at our house (Felicien) within the hour. We determined the terminal was loose and the starter may be suspect, but even though our battery was old it didn't need immediate replacement as it continued to deliver solid voltage/CCA. Likewise, the alternator checked out. With the retightening, the car started three consecutive times without issue and I wasn't even billed since the battery didn't need to be changed. Excellent customer service, especially on a major holiday!

Linda Smith Catonsville, MD

Triple A is the best! They save me may times, encluding today! I had a flat tire yesterday, called they and as usually, they were out within 20 minutes. The were it was towed to didn't fix my tire. I called today to be told the shop was closed for the weekend! And the manager was in up in the mountains! Leaving me straded! No word, no communication at all. I called triple A and explained my situation, they had my truck towed to a different shop where its actually being fix! Thank you triple A!!😀 Great service! Great costomer service ! And the friendliest drivers ever! 10 stars. 🤗👍 i wouldn't go with anyone else. Keep up your great service!! Ms. Smith

Cindy Al-Qawasmi Carlisle, PA

Excellent when you can get a hold of them. Busy holidays you can't get anyone to answer the phone for roadside service and when you can the wait for service is hours long.

Mary Ella Hardy Charlotte, NC

This is my second year with AAA. I cannot believe I never had them before. My car battery had died and they were at my house within 35 minutes to tow.

Bee Endicott, NY

We have had AAA for years. We absolutely swear by it. We have an older car and it breaks down and AAA always shows up quickly and tows us either to the garage or home, as needed. They are very courteous and accommodating.

Efraín A Beliz Porter Ranch, CA

Excellent customer service. Travel advisors are well informed and make traveling stress-free. Roadside Service is easy to access and quick to respond. technicians are friendly and efficient.

teresa lyons Seattle, WA

Definitely worth the money & very professional & helpful especially when your car breaks down . Plus I live having my personal agent to help me find great deals with his personal experience about home & auto Insuransce.

Kacey Seabold Spring, TX

We needed to use their service for a tow once and the process was easy. However, they send you yearly renewal letters so it looks like you are "choosing" to renew. I chose not to renew this year as my current insurance covers what they offer and also the primary was in my husband's name...and he passed away in Oct 2019. That being said, I had to call my credit card co that called AAA to go through the lengthy process (agent blamed it on "slow computer") to get the account closed and monies refunded.

Jarrett Ingram Newport News, VA

AAA is literally a lifesaver. They have always been very responsive, helpful, and in my opinion, necessary. I would especially recommend all parents with teenage drivers to purchase AAA -it brings peace of mind!

Lynn D Tarone Rio Rancho, NM

The availability of assistance when needed was great and their people were very knowledgeable. The escalating cost of their policies was a drawback for me and I finally went elsewhere.

Megan Lacey Draper, UT

I can't emphasize enough how relieving it is to have a membership! You're on the side of the road, you're in an unexpected position of needing to get help, you don't know what to do and you just want to call your mom but not to worry because you have AAA! There's no feeling like it, there are always amazing and they're there to save the day

Kathy Kimberlin Houston, TX

Wednesday I got a flat tire on I-10 near Baytown. I called AAA and was helped immediately. They dispatched a tow truck. It took about 40 minutes. Bernardo from St. George’s tow survive showed up. My car was on the shoulder but traffic was very close. Bernardo immediately got me into his truck for safety reasons and risk his life to get my car on the truck. I am so grateful for him and would like for everyone to know what an outstanding job he did. Thank you so much!!!

Penny Kenly New Port Richey, FL

I had a flat tire called AAA ,a man named Matt with touch of class came out and was super nice and helped me and AAA supervisor not sure what his name is but I had no way to follow my van if it needed to be towed and so he set me up over the phone so that I could have a ride,I didnt need to use because the tow truck driver Matt put my donut tire on so I could drive to get a tire but thanks a million for the help!!!!!!

Kathryn Crawford Fullerton, CA

They have been our auto and homeowner insurance company for decades. Always fair. A totaled out car was handled beautifully. Recent water leak in downstairs bathroom was also handled wonderfully. Adjuster came out, the people they referred out were wonderful and everything was repaired to my satisfaction.

Heidi Pope East Hampton, CT

I have been using AAA for emergency service for 20+ years and have always found their rates and service to be superior. I recently realized I could get Homeowner's and Auto Insurance with them so I called for some quotes. I was amazed at the savings they provided me instead of going through a traditional Insurance company. The representative I worked with was knowledgeable and also able to provide multiple discounts due to being a Customer already and adding on multiple insurance policies

Mo Jr O ,

Husband and I just paid $81 for a membership. Best thing thus far! Up to 100 miles 4x a year with tow service. Love, love, love! Another plus, is throwing your AAA member number around when traveling, or restaurant to receive a discount price, and I didn't have to be a senior citizen to enjoy these perks. We will always recommend AAA services to family, and friends.

Jaquida Calloway Spring Hill, FL

Out of my 3 years of being an AAA member no one has ever took the time out to explain the benefits of being a member such as ms C you have 48hrs to get back with us if you should need a car rental I always use it for my tows and that’s it but mrs Patrice W I believe her name was took the time to explain all of that and all I could say was wow she asked what I said out of my 3 yrs I never new any of this I’m always upset because they give me problems bout my son mrs W asked bout what I went into detail and she said not today send that baby to school and I can put you down as a stand by I said whatttttt now that’s what I’m talking bout I almost gave up on AAA because of what I go threw because of mrs W we need more ppl like you because you rock then the tow truck service from mikes body auto mr D you the man my experience today was amazing smooth and beautiful thank you both

Debi Oswego, IL

They’re a great company specially when it comes to towing prices are getting a bit high though I think compared to other companies.

Ryan Caballero Woodland Hills, CA

Been a member of AAA for more than 5 year. They have great service and most of all a lot of great discounts that members can take advantage of.

Leslie Parker Oak Creek, WI

Have been a member over 30 years. Excellent auto service. Travel aspect always helpful and saved you money while you travel.

Dona Gordon Theodore, AL

I have never had a problem with AAA. Every time I have called and needed something they have been right on it! I recommend them 100%!

COLLEEN STARKE Lithonia, GA

TRIPPLE AAA IS VERY DEPENDABLE BUT THERE WERE TIMES WHEN I HAD TO WAIT FOR SEVERAL HOURS FOR A TOW TRUCK BUT I BELIEVE IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS A BUSY TIME OF DAY. I DEPEND ON THEM AND 9/10 THEY HAVE NOT LET ME DOWN

Brian DeVos Boiling Springs, SC

Great coverage for family members and great for anyone traveling if you have a problem. They have brought gas, unlocked our cars, and towed vehicles. Great peace of mind for my family and especially teenage drivers. I have paid for my policy using travel discounts.