Defense Tax Group

7.4

Founded in 2013 and based in Los Angeles, California, Defense Tax Group is a tax relief advocate firm that utilizes lawyers and attorneys to help clients with tax issues. Clients can come to the company for help ending wage garnishments, averting asset seizures, removing bank levies, and more. Defense Tax Group does not appear to be a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), though it is a member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS).

Continue reading for more information, as well as Defense Tax Group reviews.

The Good

• Tax Services
  • Three-Step Process
  • Educational Blog
  • Many Services
  • Professional Memberships
  • Professional Team
  • Defense Tax Group Cost
  • No Minimum Debt Requirement

Tax Services

Defense Tax Group uses a team of tax attorneys to help clients resolve tax problems and settle tax debt for less than what is originally owed to the IRS. Clients can come to the company for help removing tax liens, preventing wage garnishments, stopping bank levies, averting property seizure, settling payroll and sales tax debts, reducing and removing interest charges, etc. For clients that need representation for a tax issue but can't afford it, Defense Tax Group provides financing for tax debt attorney retainers. Every client automatically qualifies for financing.

Three-Step Process

The company works with a three-step process to achieve tax relief for clients. First, clients request a free consultation. A consultant will contact the client back and go over the tax problem. An IRS tax attorney will then customize a tax debt solution plan to most efficiently solve the client's tax issue.

Educational Blog

Those who want to learn more about issues in the tax industry can take advantage of the information on Defense Tax Group's blog.

Many Services

The tax experts at Defense Tax Group are trained to tackle almost any tax issue you might have. Becuase the tax solution depends greatly on the individual tax issue that each customer will have, much depends on the ability of the IRS tax attorneys employed at the company. Reviews indicate that the experts at Defense Tax Group are skilled and able to provide a wide array of tax services, including:

• Tax Debt Settlement
  • Removal of Interest Charges/Penalties
  • Removal of Tax Liens
  • Wage Garnishment Prevention
  • Bank Levy Prevention
  • Property Seizure Prevention
  • Settlement of Payroll and Sales Tax Debts

The company website also clarifies that its team can help with installment agreements, not currently collectible status, offer in compromise agreements, partial payment installment agreements, bankruptcy help, and innocent spouse relief to name a few. Customers will likely find multiple avenues for tax relief at Defense Tax Group.

Professional Memberships

Defense Tax Group is a member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) and employs enrolled agents who are certified by the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), and trained tax attorneys with law degrees. However, the company does not clarify whether it is accredited by the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP).

Professional Team

Defense Tax Group employs a highly trained team of IRS tax attorneys, CPAs, enrolled agents (EAs), and federal tax lawyers. Experts such as these are familiar with both state and federal tax law, can negotiate with the IRS, and can help you eliminate interest charges and penalties.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Mackenzie King

"Everyone I worked with at Defense Tax was kind and understanding of my situation. They saved me a lot of money, time, and stress. I couldn’t be happier with their service and the outcome."

Defense Tax Group Cost

Defense Tax Group's resolution fees start at $750 and go up from there. Investigation costs between $0 and $500 alone depending on whether you're dealing with state, IRS, or business tax. Don't be surprised if your bills come out to around $1,250 or above (between investigation fees and resolution fees). The company offers free consultations in order to establish more accurate pricing information.

No Minimum Debt Requirement

The company does not have a minimum debt requirement, meaning that those with lower debt amounts have the chance to work with Defense Tax Group. The company has also stated that it does do pro bono cases and is willing to help those who are struggling financially.

To see if you are eligible for Defense Tax Group's services, you can also submit your case anonymously. This is a nice feature because potential clients do not have to provide all of their personal information or schedule an appointment with Defense Tax Group without knowing whether or not they will qualify for services.

The Bad

Limited Online Cost Information

Defense Tax Group does not offer cost information on its website. There is also not an online quote system. This can be frustrating for potential clients, and it would be nice to see an average pricing for its tax relief services. Those who are interested in Defense Tax Group's services should take advantage of the free consultation to learn specific information about the process and costs for their situation.

The Bottom Line

Defense Tax Group utilizes tax attorneys and federal lawyers to help clients resolve tax debt problems. Clients can enjoy a free consultation, and resolution plans are customized to each client's unique tax situation. The company does not disclose a minimum debt requirement on its website, but interested individuals may contact the company for more information.

View Best Tax Relief Companies

4.9

Scott Connelly

Walked me through the whole process. Ultimately it took 25 months but they were supportive the entire time.

Hector Gonzalez

took the money and never followed up or did anything I had not put into motion already

Reply from Defense Tax Group

Hello Mr Gonzalez, we are very sorry you feel that way. we got your file placed in CNC and reduced your payment to us by 25%. We thought you would be happy not having to repay the government back for the money you owed. That said as an expression f good faith we will do your 2020 tax returns for no charge. Please contact us when you are ready for them to be completed.

Dec. 16th, 2020

Joanne

PROFESSIONAL, THOROUGH, FAST, GREAT RESULTS - NO ONE BETTER

Rod Burris

They were there for all my questions. And they delivered what they promised.

Joyce

They were professional, efficient and reliable

Lisa

They acted fast, answered all my questions. They put me at ease and let me know that everything was okay and they were going to help me!

gregory mazzola Santa Monica, CA

Defense saved me so much money, but even better, made a stressful situation manageable. They’re beyond professional and definitely have knowledge in their field. I highly recommend

Larry

They were great and easy to work with. I saved over $20,000 by using their services. They met and exceeded my expectations .

Wendy Romijn Spring, TX

They were always there to help me with any question or part of the paper work. They were also very kind and understanding of what I was going through.Wendy Ukin was awesome!

Victoria Demirchyan Los Angeles, CA

Hired them to do my taxes the day it was due and they were great...expeditious and extremely knowledgeable. Saved me a ton of money. Thank you!!! 😊🙏

Lucy Papazyan South Pasadena, CA

I’m extremely satisfied I found these guys to do my taxes. They’re on top of their game. My taxes are kind of complicated, but they were able to dive right in and get it done!

Christopher Rizza Los Angeles, CA

Hired Defense Tax Group to complete my taxes and they were fantastic! Will definitely use them again.

Dave Andrews Woodland Hills, CA

This is a trustworthy company that delivers!

Caroline Lindqvist Los Angeles, CA

I had a great experience with Defense Tax Group. Overall great service and they delivered on promises.

Jace Temecula, CA

Hired defense tax last year for my taxes. They have been great to work with. I would highly recommend them

Chase Stonebridge Los Angeles, CA

I wouldn’t go anywhere else for my taxes and other financial matters. Defense Tax Group has some of the smartest knowledge thinkers I have ever hired and they went above and beyond for me. If I could rate 6 stars I would.

Jonathan Vink Santa Monica, CA

Chris S and his team are extremely efficient. They took care of all of my needs and made the entire process easy. They did not miss a thing! I was able to meet my deadline. Huge weight off my shoulders... I will be a life long client.

Kevin Daly Telluride, CO

Excellent experience and an even better result. Very impressed. They settled my $98,000 IRS tax debt for $2,500

Ryan Murphy Irvine, CA

Amazing customer service, they prepped my taxes with ease and I no issues with my refund! I will absolutely be recommending them to my friends and family!

Yahoolj Buena Park, CA

Great customer service. Very professional. Helped me a lot.

Jordan Malibu, CA

This company was excellent. They settled my tax debt for a fraction of what I owed. They handled everything from start to finish. Thrilled with the results!

Sherri Londono San Diego, CA

I was scared to call and take care of unresolved tax issues. So happy I found these guys! Orson, made me feel comfortable and was very professional. They will work with you on payment plans and schedule to get things resolved quickly and affordably. Thanks Orson and Defense Tax Group!

Gerard Dorsainval Lake Worth, FL

They are very professional and definitely know their duty I am extremely satisfied with my experience with Defense Tax Group , best regards to Sarah, Michael ,I am very please with the results that I got with them , I want to thank everybody at defense tax group ,I will not hesitate to recommend Defense Tax group to every one Great Job! GERARD DORSAINVAL

Debra Duncan Mansfield, LA

These Guys are the best. I was kinda scared at first with so many scammers these days. But I PROMISE YOU THEY ARE NOT SCAMMERS. They keep you up to date on everything going on with your case Step by Step. My tax issues are settled an I get to keep my income. I only pay what I can. Thanks DTG for helping me with my issues

Martin Salt Oakland, CA

Over the last six months they have saved my life. First call until the closing of my file they have been there every step of the way. If you are looking for tax help, give them a call.

Antonio Jackson Cibolo, TX

Defense tax group was very diligent in assisting me with all of my tax needs and accomplished all of my tax goals. I would definitely recommend defense tax group to anyone needing tax representation in any form.

Alendra kynd Beverly Hills, CA

We owed over $60,000 and after Defense Tax helped us we only owed $3,500. We would recommend them.

Reply from Defense Tax Group

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was a pleasure to assist you both.

Nov. 26th, 2019

Kenya Santa Monica, CA

Very happy I called Defense Tax . Saved me time and money. I would Highly recommend them .

Reply from Defense Tax Group

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Nov. 26th, 2019

Tanya Santa Monica, CA

So stressed owing taxes, and called Defense Tax. They were great and took care of me. They have helped me and both my parents .

Reply from Defense Tax Group

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It was a pleasure to help you .

Dec. 3rd, 2019

Christy Gallot Santa Monica, CA

Great experience from start to finish! They were very understanding of my situation and worked diligently to get it resolved. Knowledgeable and transparent - I knew exactly what to expect from the process which helped put me at ease. Extremely positive end result.

MBinLA Santa Monica, CA

Diligent and very responsive. Made a difficult situation smoother and easier.

Richie C Los Angeles, CA

The Defense Tax Group is a complete game changer. They really know what they're doing. And they'll keep you out of trouble.

Rod dapu Santa Monica, CA

The absolute best company. Marvelous people and results .

Reply from Defense Tax Group

Thank you Rod, we are glad we could help.

Dec. 3rd, 2019

Rage stewart Los Angeles, CA

I had 7 years of taxes that stacked up. My nightmare is now over thank you Chris. You and you’re company we’re truly amazing. I can’t tell you how great my experience was I even got a refund. And You educated me as well and I’m sincerely grateful. Rage. S

Jami Santa Monica, CA

Over 5 years of work done in 2 days . Very professional and caring. I would recommend them to anyone .

Jim Los Angeles, CA

Hired Defense Tax to help me with my back tax issues. They are great and honest. I have Been so happy and saved a lot.

Sammy Santa Monica, CA

Great company!!! Very easy to work with!

Marc D Reed Van Nuys, CA

These guys were fantastic. Saved me a small fortune!

Debra Duncan Mansfield, LA

At first I was scared because I seen a advertisement on the internet. But this was the best choice I made. They seem like family. Always keeping you up with the latest update. I Love These Guys. If I need them I will definitely call again

Kendal Los Angeles, CA

Normally never do a review , but they saved me over 90, 000 bucks . I still shaking my head on the service and commitment to me as a client , it was the best .

Reply from Defense Tax Group

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to make a review. We appreciate you putting your trust in us.

Nov. 14th, 2019

Brandon Garner Los Angeles, CA

Hired for defense tax and the expertise and professionalism was second to none. Absolutely great and proficient!

Kurt Santa Monica, CA

I thought I was screwed as my business is not quite profitable yet. They stepped in, looked over everything and now I can continue to keep my doors open.

Kaitlyn Los Angeles, CA

Hired defense tax to help with my back taxes. I worked with sarah and she was helpful and kind . This is a great company.

Reply from Defense Tax Group

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you took to make the review. It was a pleasure being of service.

Jennifer Garcia Los Angeles, CA

Defense is the best company I have ever worked with. They saved me over $40,000 on my back taxes. I also use them to file all my returns over the past 3 years .

Nov. 14th, 2019

Emily martinez Santa Monica, CA

Great company awesome people . They were very helpful

Megan Harris Los Angeles, CA

Look no further! I hired them to help me with my back taxes. Defense tax really took the time to listen to me and come up with a personalized solution to my problem. They saved me a lot of money, and I’d recommend them to anyone look for any kind of tax help.

Daniel A Wloch Jr Phoenix, AZ

Defense Tax Group did an incredible job on working with the IRS on past due taxes. They helped tremendously working with the IRS on the tax lien on my house that sold as a short sale & setting up a payment plan on the remainder owed. Thank you again for all of your help...

Mike Garcia Bakersfield, CA

It was good. Tax defense helped me settle for a lower amount that I owed ...

Andrew Der Ohannesin Eugene, OR

The Defense Tax Group team was very friendly and willing to help me out anyway that they could. They were very professional and made me feel heard at every point of the process. I loved working with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Mackenzie King Eugene, OR