Founded in 2013 and based in Los Angeles, California, Defense Tax Group is a tax relief advocate firm that utilizes lawyers and attorneys to help clients with tax issues. Clients can come to the company for help ending wage garnishments, averting asset seizures, removing bank levies, and more. Defense Tax Group does not appear to be a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), though it is a member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS).

Continue reading for more information, as well as Defense Tax Group reviews.

The Good

• Tax Services
  • Three-Step Process
  • Educational Blog
  • Many Services
  • Professional Memberships
  • Professional Team
  • Defense Tax Group Cost
  • No Minimum Debt Requirement

Tax Services

Defense Tax Group uses a team of tax attorneys to help clients resolve tax problems and settle tax debt for less than what is originally owed to the IRS. Clients can come to the company for help removing tax liens, preventing wage garnishments, stopping bank levies, averting property seizure, settling payroll and sales tax debts, reducing and removing interest charges, etc. For clients that need representation for a tax issue but can't afford it, Defense Tax Group provides financing for tax debt attorney retainers. Every client automatically qualifies for financing.

Three-Step Process

The company works with a three-step process to achieve tax relief for clients. First, clients request a free consultation. A consultant will contact the client back and go over the tax problem. An IRS tax attorney will then customize a tax debt solution plan to most efficiently solve the client's tax issue.

Educational Blog

Those who want to learn more about issues in the tax industry can take advantage of the information on Defense Tax Group's blog.

Many Services

The tax experts at Defense Tax Group are trained to tackle almost any tax issue you might have. Becuase the tax solution depends greatly on the individual tax issue that each customer will have, much depends on the ability of the IRS tax attorneys employed at the company. Reviews indicate that the experts at Defense Tax Group are skilled and able to provide a wide array of tax services, including:

• Tax Debt Settlement
  • Removal of Interest Charges/Penalties
  • Removal of Tax Liens
  • Wage Garnishment Prevention
  • Bank Levy Prevention
  • Property Seizure Prevention
  • Settlement of Payroll and Sales Tax Debts

The company website also clarifies that its team can help with installment agreements, not currently collectible status, offer in compromise agreements, partial payment installment agreements, bankruptcy help, and innocent spouse relief to name a few. Customers will likely find multiple avenues for tax relief at Defense Tax Group.

Professional Memberships

Defense Tax Group is a member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) and employs enrolled agents who are certified by the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), and trained tax attorneys with law degrees. However, the company does not clarify whether it is accredited by the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP).

Professional Team

Defense Tax Group employs a highly trained team of IRS tax attorneys, CPAs, enrolled agents (EAs), and federal tax lawyers. Experts such as these are familiar with both state and federal tax law, can negotiate with the IRS, and can help you eliminate interest charges and penalties.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Mackenzie King

"Everyone I worked with at Defense Tax was kind and understanding of my situation. They saved me a lot of money, time, and stress. I couldn’t be happier with their service and the outcome."

Defense Tax Group Cost

Defense Tax Group's resolution fees start at $750 and go up from there. Investigation costs between $0 and $500 alone depending on whether you're dealing with state, IRS, or business tax. Don't be surprised if your bills come out to around $1,250 or above (between investigation fees and resolution fees). The company offers free consultations in order to establish more accurate pricing information.

No Minimum Debt Requirement

The company does not have a minimum debt requirement, meaning that those with lower debt amounts have the chance to work with Defense Tax Group. The company has also stated that it does do pro bono cases and is willing to help those who are struggling financially.

To see if you are eligible for Defense Tax Group's services, you can also submit your case anonymously. This is a nice feature because potential clients do not have to provide all of their personal information or schedule an appointment with Defense Tax Group without knowing whether or not they will qualify for services.

The Bad

Limited Online Cost Information

Defense Tax Group does not offer cost information on its website. There is also not an online quote system. This can be frustrating for potential clients, and it would be nice to see an average pricing for its tax relief services. Those who are interested in Defense Tax Group's services should take advantage of the free consultation to learn specific information about the process and costs for their situation.

The Bottom Line

Defense Tax Group utilizes tax attorneys and federal lawyers to help clients resolve tax debt problems. Clients can enjoy a free consultation, and resolution plans are customized to each client's unique tax situation. The company does not disclose a minimum debt requirement on its website, but interested individuals may contact the company for more information.

View Best Tax Relief Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Defense Tax Group below.

Defense Tax Group Frequently Asked Questions

Who is the Defense Tax Group?

Defense Tax Group is a full service tax relief firm that assists individuals, businesses, and families from the disastrous effects of owing the IRS and/or state. We consist of attorneys, CPAs, enrolled agents, tax preparers, and case managers with over 100 years combined experience in fighting for your financial freedom.

We specialize in resolving tax debt, stopping and preventing wage garnishments, removing bank levies, and avoiding property seizures. Defense Tax Group has helped thousands of people and businesses save hundreds of millions of dollars. We will fight to protect your financial stability and help you enjoy life without the stress of owing the IRS and/or state.

What tax problems does Defense Tax Group help with?

The most crucial factor in obtaining the best results with your tax issue is the ability to hire an experienced and successful tax attorney. Defense Tax Group has the expertise you need to successfully solve your tax issue and allow you to enjoy life free of tax debt. Defense Tax Group specializes in matters including, but not limited to:

• Settling your tax debt for a fraction owed
  • Stopping or preventing wage garnishments
  • Removing tax liens filed by the IRS or state
  • Eliminating penalties and interest charges
  • Eliminating or preventing bank levies
  • Eliminating or preventing property seizures
  • Settling payroll issues
  • Settling sales tax debts
  • Tax return preparation
  • Audit representation

What are my tax relief options?

Installment Agreement

The Installment Agreement program is where the IRS or State will take monthly payments to pay down your tax bill. The biggest struggle with the Installment Agreement is the IRS or State will typically try and force you into a payment schedule that will become a burden. Our expertise in negotiating the lowest possible amount to pay the IRS or State shines when setting up an Installment Agreement

Offer in Compromise

Offer in Compromise (OIC) is one of the most sought out and difficult program for taxpayers to obtain. An Offer in Compromise (OIC) is where the IRS or State agree to settle your tax liabilities for less than the full amount owed. Though this is a very difficult program to be successful in, we have saved our clients millions using the Offer in Compromise program.

Currently Not Collectible

In some instances that even though you agree with the debt you owe to the IRS or State, but due to your current situation you cannot afford to make any payments on the debt owed. We can set you up in a Non-collectible status called CNC. Once in CNC the IRS or State will cease any collection activities.

Penalty Abatement

Applying for an IRS Penalty Abatement there are many factors and circumstances that come to play when you want to be relieved of debts and penalties placed on you by the IRS or State. The most important factor to achieving a successful Penalty Abatement is knowing how to communicate with the IRS. With over 100 years of combined experience our attorneys can communicate with the IRS or State.

Collection Statute Expiration Date (CSED)

Statute of Limitations On Collection Statute Expiration Date (CSED) IRS CSED. One of the many unknown laws associated with IRS collection practices is there is a statute of limitation on how long they can collect. Though there is a gray area it is typically 10 years from the debt occurred. That said if a tax payer has not filed or there were negotiations involved during those 10 years there can be additional years added to the collectability of the IRS tax debt.

Innocent Spouse

When a tax issue occurs and the one of the partners was unaware of the tax debt or was not in charge of the financials there is a program called Innocent Spouse Tax Relief where as a couple that has filed joint taxes only one of the two may be required to pay the balance owed to the IRS.

Amending Tax Returns

For some individuals back tax issues the best solution is amending their state or federal tax returns. Though many individuals are certified to do tax returns, unfortunately many are not qualified or experienced and miss allowable deductions or worse claim deductions which should not have been claimed. Here at Defense Tax Group we do over one thousands tax returns a year, and have extensive knowledge on getting you the most back on your returns as well as being able to fix past returns that may have been filed in the past.

How much does Defense Tax Group charge?

Pricing varies on each individual's particular case. We offer a free consultation and will initiate a tax case with a down payment and set up a payment arrangement. We treat each person as a full-paid client. The typical fees range from $300 to $3,900 depending on the work required to resolve your tax issues.

What kind of tax professionals does Defense Tax Group employ?

We employ the following tax professionals:

• Attorneys
  • CPA
  • Enrolled agents
  • Certified tax preparers
  • Settlement officers

5.0

Chase Stonebridge

July 15th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wouldn’t go anywhere else for my taxes and other financial matters. Defense Tax Group has some of the smartest knowledge thinkers I have ever hired and they went above and beyond for me. If I could rate 6 stars I would.

Sherri Londono

April 15th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was scared to call and take care of unresolved tax issues. So happy I found these guys! Orson, made me feel comfortable and was very professional. They will work with you on payment plans and schedule to get things resolved quickly and affordably. Thanks Orson and Defense Tax Group!

Larry

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were great and easy to work with. I saved over $20,000 by using their services. They met and exceeded my expectations .

Wendy Romijn

September 8th, 2020 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were always there to help me with any question or part of the paper work. They were also very kind and understanding of what I was going through.Wendy Ukin was awesome!

Victoria Demirchyan

August 11th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired them to do my taxes the day it was due and they were great...expeditious and extremely knowledgeable. Saved me a ton of money. Thank you!!! 😊🙏

Lucy Papazyan

August 11th, 2020 South Pasadena, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m extremely satisfied I found these guys to do my taxes. They’re on top of their game. My taxes are kind of complicated, but they were able to dive right in and get it done!

Christopher Rizza

August 8th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired Defense Tax Group to complete my taxes and they were fantastic! Will definitely use them again.

Dave Andrews

August 7th, 2020 Woodland Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a trustworthy company that delivers!

Caroline Lindqvist

August 7th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a great experience with Defense Tax Group. Overall great service and they delivered on promises.

Jace

August 7th, 2020 Temecula, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired defense tax last year for my taxes. They have been great to work with. I would highly recommend them

Jonathan Vink

June 19th, 2020 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chris S and his team are extremely efficient. They took care of all of my needs and made the entire process easy. They did not miss a thing! I was able to meet my deadline. Huge weight off my shoulders... I will be a life long client.

Kevin Daly

June 19th, 2020 Telluride, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent experience and an even better result. Very impressed. They settled my $98,000 IRS tax debt for $2,500

Ryan Murphy

June 4th, 2020 Irvine, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing customer service, they prepped my taxes with ease and I no issues with my refund! I will absolutely be recommending them to my friends and family!

Yahoolj

June 4th, 2020 Buena Park, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service. Very professional. Helped me a lot.

Jordan

June 3rd, 2020 Malibu, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company was excellent. They settled my tax debt for a fraction of what I owed. They handled everything from start to finish. Thrilled with the results!

Gerard Dorsainval

March 11th, 2020 Lake Worth, FL

They are very professional and definitely know their duty I am extremely satisfied with my experience with Defense Tax Group , best regards to Sarah, Michael ,I am very please with the results that I got with them , I want to thank everybody at defense tax group ,I will not hesitate to recommend Defense Tax group to every one Great Job! GERARD DORSAINVAL

Debra Duncan

March 11th, 2020 Mansfield, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These Guys are the best. I was kinda scared at first with so many scammers these days. But I PROMISE YOU THEY ARE NOT SCAMMERS. They keep you up to date on everything going on with your case Step by Step. My tax issues are settled an I get to keep my income. I only pay what I can. Thanks DTG for helping me with my issues

Martin Salt

January 16th, 2020 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Over the last six months they have saved my life. First call until the closing of my file they have been there every step of the way. If you are looking for tax help, give them a call.

Antonio Jackson

December 18th, 2019 Cibolo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Defense tax group was very diligent in assisting me with all of my tax needs and accomplished all of my tax goals. I would definitely recommend defense tax group to anyone needing tax representation in any form.

Alendra kynd

November 24th, 2019 Beverly Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We owed over $60,000 and after Defense Tax helped us we only owed $3,500. We would recommend them.

Nov 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was a pleasure to assist you both.

Kenya

November 24th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very happy I called Defense Tax . Saved me time and money. I would Highly recommend them .

Nov 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Tanya

November 22nd, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So stressed owing taxes, and called Defense Tax. They were great and took care of me. They have helped me and both my parents .

Dec 03, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It was a pleasure to help you .

Christy Gallot

November 21st, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience from start to finish! They were very understanding of my situation and worked diligently to get it resolved. Knowledgeable and transparent - I knew exactly what to expect from the process which helped put me at ease. Extremely positive end result.

MBinLA

November 21st, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Diligent and very responsive. Made a difficult situation smoother and easier.

Richie C

November 21st, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Defense Tax Group is a complete game changer. They really know what they're doing. And they'll keep you out of trouble.

Rod dapu

November 21st, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The absolute best company. Marvelous people and results .

Dec 03, 2019

Thank you Rod, we are glad we could help.

Rage stewart

November 20th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had 7 years of taxes that stacked up. My nightmare is now over thank you Chris. You and you’re company we’re truly amazing. I can’t tell you how great my experience was I even got a refund. And You educated me as well and I’m sincerely grateful. Rage. S

Jami

November 20th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Over 5 years of work done in 2 days . Very professional and caring. I would recommend them to anyone .

Jim

November 19th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired Defense Tax to help me with my back tax issues. They are great and honest. I have Been so happy and saved a lot.

Sammy

November 19th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company!!! Very easy to work with!

Marc D Reed

November 15th, 2019 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These guys were fantastic. Saved me a small fortune!

Debra Duncan

November 15th, 2019 Mansfield, LA

At first I was scared because I seen a advertisement on the internet. But this was the best choice I made. They seem like family. Always keeping you up with the latest update. I Love These Guys. If I need them I will definitely call again

Kendal

November 14th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Normally never do a review , but they saved me over 90, 000 bucks . I still shaking my head on the service and commitment to me as a client , it was the best .

Nov 14, 2019

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to make a review. We appreciate you putting your trust in us.

Brandon Garner

November 13th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired for defense tax and the expertise and professionalism was second to none. Absolutely great and proficient!

Kurt

November 13th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thought I was screwed as my business is not quite profitable yet. They stepped in, looked over everything and now I can continue to keep my doors open.

Kaitlyn

November 13th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired defense tax to help with my back taxes. I worked with sarah and she was helpful and kind . This is a great company.

Nov 13, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you took to make the review. It was a pleasure being of service.

Jennifer Garcia

November 12th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Defense is the best company I have ever worked with. They saved me over $40,000 on my back taxes. I also use them to file all my returns over the past 3 years .

Nov 14, 2019

Emily martinez

November 8th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company awesome people . They were very helpful

Megan Harris

November 7th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Look no further! I hired them to help me with my back taxes. Defense tax really took the time to listen to me and come up with a personalized solution to my problem. They saved me a lot of money, and I’d recommend them to anyone look for any kind of tax help.

Daniel A Wloch Jr

November 5th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Defense Tax Group did an incredible job on working with the IRS on past due taxes. They helped tremendously working with the IRS on the tax lien on my house that sold as a short sale & setting up a payment plan on the remainder owed. Thank you again for all of your help...

Mike Garcia

November 4th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was good. Tax defense helped me settle for a lower amount that I owed ...

Andrew Der Ohannesin

November 4th, 2019 Eugene, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Defense Tax Group team was very friendly and willing to help me out anyway that they could. They were very professional and made me feel heard at every point of the process. I loved working with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Mackenzie King

November 4th, 2019 Eugene, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Steve watts

October 31st, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A great company to work with . Everyone there was helpful and understanding. Thank you Defense Tax !

Nov 04, 2019

Thank you Steve for taking the time to make a review. We appreciate it.

Sophea Hong

October 30th, 2019 Beltsville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was grateful to find the right Defense tax group to resolve my tex problem. I am own tax ove $100,000.000. now defense tax group help me take care off.

Kevin Howard

October 22nd, 2019 Gwynn Oak, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honest company they will work hard on your behalf and do there best

Mona Akter

October 22nd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was losing sleep and worried for years. I took the time to find a good company and found a great one. Defense helped me fix all of my back tax issues.

Oct 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to make a review. We enjoyed being able to assist you.

Frank

October 15th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A great place to fix your taxes. I used them to file past due returns and work without the IRS on past due monies owed. They really helped me.

Oct 22, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a review. We appreciate being able to assist you.

James Wade

October 14th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer support team is very poor in communication. On various occasions, they just put me on hold and forgot.

Oct 15, 2019

Mr Wade, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately , we do not have any record of a James Wade ever working with Defense Tax Group. Are you sure you have the right company? Can you please contact our office to discuss? Thank you, Defense Tax Group 310-746-4735

Steve hand

October 12th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired them last year and they were really helpful. A great company with great communication.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you, was a pleasure helping you.