Founded in 2013 and based in Los Angeles, California, Defense Tax Group is a tax relief advocate firm that utilizes lawyers and attorneys to help clients with tax issues. Clients can come to the company for help ending wage garnishments, averting asset seizures, removing bank levies, and more. Defense Tax Group does not appear to be a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), though it is a memeber of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS).

#1 Tax Defense Network chevron_right
3.9
#2 Optima Tax Relief chevron_right
#3 Community Tax chevron_right

The Good

• Tax Services
  • Three-Step Process
  • Educational Blog
  • Many Services
  • Professional Memberships
  • Professional Team
  • Defense Tax Group Cost
  • No Minimum Debt Requirement

Tax Services

Defense Tax Group uses a team of tax attorneys to help clients resolve tax problems and settle tax debt for less than what is originally owed. Clients can come to the company for help removing tax liens, preventing wage garnishments, stopping bank levies, averting property seizure, settling payroll and sales tax debts, reducing and removing interest charges, etc. For clients that need representation for a tax issue but can't afford it, Defense Tax Group provides financing for tax debt attorney retainers. Every client automatically qualifies for financing.

Three-Step Process

The company works with a three-step process to achieve tax relief for clients. First, clients request a free consultation. A consultant will contact the client back and go over the tax problem. An IRS tax attorney will then customize a tax debt solution plan to most efficiently solve the client's tax issue.

Educational Blog

Those who want to learn more about issues in the tax industry can take advantage of the information on Defense Tax Group's blog.

Many Services

The tax experts at Defense Tax Group are trained to tackle almost any tax issue you might have. Becuase the tax solution depends greatly on the individual tax issue that each customer will have, much depends on the ability of the IRS tax attorneys employed at the company. Reviews indicate that the experts at Defense Tax Group are skilled and able to provide a wide array of tax services, including:

• Tax Debt Settlement
  • Removal of Interest Charges/Penalties
  • Removal of Tax Liens
  • Wage Garnishment Prevention
  • Bank Levy Prevention
  • Property Seizure Prevention
  • Settlement of Payroll and Sales Tax Debts

The company website also clarifies that its team can help with installment agreements, not currently collectible status, offer in compromise agreements, partial payment installment agreements, bankruptcy help, and innocent spouse relief to name a few. Customers will likely find multiple avenues for tax relief at Defense Tax Group.

Professional Memberships

Defense Tax Group is a member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS) and employs enrolled agents who are certified by the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), and trained tax attorneys with law degrees. However, the company does not clarify whether it is accredited by the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP).

Professional Team

Defense Tax Group employs a highly trained team of IRS tax attorneys, CPAs, enrolled agents (EAs), and federal tax lawyers. Experts such as these are familiar with both state and federal tax laws, can negotiate with the IRS, and can help you eliminate interest charges and penalties.

Defense Tax Group Cost

Defense Tax Group's resolution fees start at $750 and go up from there. Investigation costs between $0 and $500 alone depending on whether you're dealing with state, IRS, or business tax. Don't be surprised if your bills come out to around $1,250 or above (between investigation fees and resolution fees). The company offers free consultations in order to establish more accurate pricing information.

No Minimum Debt Requirement

The company does not have a minimum debt requirement, meaning that those with lower debt amounts have the chance to work with Defense Tax Group. The company has also stated that it does do pro bono cases and is willing to help those who are struggling financially.

To see if you are eligible for Defense Tax Group's services, you can also submit your case anonymously. This is a nice feature because potential clients do not have to provide all of their personal information or schedule an appointment with Defense Tax Group without knowing whether or not they will qualify for services.

The Bad

Limited Online Cost Information

Defense Tax Group does not offer cost information on its website. There is also not an online quote system. This can be frustrating for potential clients, and it would be nice to see an average pricing for its tax relief services. Those who are interested in Defense Tax Group's services should take advantage of the free consultation to learn specific information about the process and costs for their situation.

The Bottom Line

Defense Tax Group utilizes tax attorneys and federal lawyers to help clients resolve tax debt problems. Clients can enjoy a free consultation, and resolution plans are customized to each client's unique tax situation. The company does not disclose a minimum debt requirement on its website, but interested individuals may contact the company for more information.

View Best Tax Relief Companies

5.0

Martin Salt

January 16th, 2020 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Over the last six months they have saved my life. First call until the closing of my file they have been there every step of the way. If you are looking for tax help, give them a call.

Antonio Jackson

December 19th, 2019 Cibolo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Defense tax group was very diligent in assisting me with all of my tax needs and accomplished all of my tax goals. I would definitely recommend defense tax group to anyone needing tax representation in any form.

Alendra kynd

November 26th, 2019 Beverly Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We owed over $60,000 and after Defense Tax helped us we only owed $3,500. We would recommend them.

Nov 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was a pleasure to assist you both.

Kenya

November 26th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very happy I called Defense Tax . Saved me time and money. I would Highly recommend them .

Nov 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Tanya

November 22nd, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So stressed owing taxes, and called Defense Tax. They were great and took care of me. They have helped me and both my parents .

Dec 03, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It was a pleasure to help you .

Christy Gallot

November 22nd, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience from start to finish! They were very understanding of my situation and worked diligently to get it resolved. Knowledgeable and transparent - I knew exactly what to expect from the process which helped put me at ease. Extremely positive end result.

MBinLA

November 22nd, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Diligent and very responsive. Made a difficult situation smoother and easier.

Richie C

November 21st, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Defense Tax Group is a complete game changer. They really know what they're doing. And they'll keep you out of trouble.

Rod dapu

November 21st, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The absolute best company. Marvelous people and results .

Dec 03, 2019

Thank you Rod, we are glad we could help.

Rage stewart

November 20th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had 7 years of taxes that stacked up. My nightmare is now over thank you Chris. You and you’re company we’re truly amazing. I can’t tell you how great my experience was I even got a refund. And You educated me as well and I’m sincerely grateful. Rage. S

Jami

November 20th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Over 5 years of work done in 2 days . Very professional and caring. I would recommend them to anyone .

Jim

November 20th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired Defense Tax to help me with my back tax issues. They are great and honest. I have Been so happy and saved a lot.

Sammy

November 20th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company!!! Very easy to work with!

Marc D Reed

November 19th, 2019 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These guys were fantastic. Saved me a small fortune!

Debra Duncan

November 19th, 2019 Mansfield, LA

At first I was scared because I seen a advertisement on the internet. But this was the best choice I made. They seem like family. Always keeping you up with the latest update. I Love These Guys. If I need them I will definitely call again

Kendal

November 14th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Normally never do a review , but they saved me over 90, 000 bucks . I still shaking my head on the service and commitment to me as a client , it was the best .

Nov 14, 2019

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to make a review. We appreciate you putting your trust in us.

Brandon Garner

November 13th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired for defense tax and the expertise and professionalism was second to none. Absolutely great and proficient!

Kurt

November 13th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thought I was screwed as my business is not quite profitable yet. They stepped in, looked over everything and now I can continue to keep my doors open.

Kaitlyn

November 13th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired defense tax to help with my back taxes. I worked with sarah and she was helpful and kind . This is a great company.

Nov 13, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you took to make the review. It was a pleasure being of service.

Jennifer Garcia

November 13th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Defense is the best company I have ever worked with. They saved me over $40,000 on my back taxes. I also use them to file all my returns over the past 3 years .

Nov 14, 2019

Emily martinez

November 8th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company awesome people . They were very helpful

Megan Harris

November 7th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Look no further! I hired them to help me with my back taxes. Defense tax really took the time to listen to me and come up with a personalized solution to my problem. They saved me a lot of money, and I’d recommend them to anyone look for any kind of tax help.

Daniel A Wloch Jr

November 5th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Defense Tax Group did an incredible job on working with the IRS on past due taxes. They helped tremendously working with the IRS on the tax lien on my house that sold as a short sale & setting up a payment plan on the remainder owed. Thank you again for all of your help...

Mike Garcia

November 5th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was good. Tax defense helped me settle for a lower amount that I owed ...

Andrew Der Ohannesin

November 5th, 2019 Eugene, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Defense Tax Group team was very friendly and willing to help me out anyway that they could. They were very professional and made me feel heard at every point of the process. I loved working with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Mackenzie King

November 5th, 2019 Eugene, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone I worked with at Defense Tax was kind and understanding of my situation. They saved me a lot of money, time, and stress. I couldn’t be happier with their service and the outcome.

Steve watts

October 31st, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A great company to work with . Everyone there was helpful and understanding. Thank you Defense Tax !

Nov 04, 2019

Thank you Steve for taking the time to make a review. We appreciate it.

Sophea Hong

October 31st, 2019 Beltsville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was grateful to find the right Defense tax group to resolve my tex problem. I am own tax ove $100,000.000. now defense tax group help me take care off.

Kevin Howard

October 22nd, 2019 Gwynn Oak, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honest company they will work hard on your behalf and do there best

Mona Akter

October 22nd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was losing sleep and worried for years. I took the time to find a good company and found a great one. Defense helped me fix all of my back tax issues.

Oct 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to make a review. We enjoyed being able to assist you.

Frank

October 16th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A great place to fix your taxes. I used them to file past due returns and work without the IRS on past due monies owed. They really helped me.

Oct 22, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a review. We appreciate being able to assist you.

James Wade

October 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer support team is very poor in communication. On various occasions, they just put me on hold and forgot.

Oct 15, 2019

Mr Wade, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately , we do not have any record of a James Wade ever working with Defense Tax Group. Are you sure you have the right company? Can you please contact our office to discuss? Thank you, Defense Tax Group 310-746-4735

Steve hand

October 15th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired them last year and they were really helpful. A great company with great communication.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you, was a pleasure helping you.

John Williams

October 15th, 2019 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The experience with Defense was literally life changing for me from more than a financial aspect. They gave me my life back. Thank you Defense.

A C

September 26th, 2019 Martinez, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have worked with Defense Tax Group on two occasions now. Before working with them, The I.R.S. had me very frustrated and confused with absolutely no idea how to work my way through the situation I was in. When Defense Tax Group stepped in to help, they were able to completely relieve the frustration and anxiety caused by the situation. On both occasions, they were quick to handle my case, and were successful with the goals we had set. The staff is great, very friendly and understanding. 10 out of 5 stars, I'd highly recommend them. Thank you Defense Tax Group!

Oct 03, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad we were able to help you. Thanks again for putting your trust in Defense Tax Group.

Rob

September 19th, 2019 Granada Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The professionals at Defense Tax Group were beyond helpful. I was guided through the process and given invaluable information that assisted me in settling with the FTB. I would definitely recommend Defense Tax Group for all of your tax settlement needs.

Oct 15, 2019

Thank you Rob, we appreciate your trust in Defense Tax Group as well as you taking the time to make a review.

Jim Will

September 19th, 2019 Avenel, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A perfect place to go if you are looking for professional help with a personal touch. I was taken care of from the time I hired until even after the job was done they were there to answer all my questions.

Oct 03, 2019

It was a pleasure assisting you Mr Will. Thanks for putting your trust in Defense Tax Group

Walter Wilkes

September 17th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Defense Tax Group in July after getting a letter from the IRS, They worked fast and showed compassion that made the daunting process easy and painless. They did 6 years of tax returns for me and ended up saving me over $14,000 dollars. What a relief and a complete 100% satisfied with Defense tax Group.

Oct 03, 2019

Thank you Walter, you were a pleasure to work with. Thanks for the kind words.

Rodney901

September 6th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I hired this firm and it was the best decision I have made. Of course I was very skeptical at first but my case manager Sarah was able to guide me through this with clarity and respect. She eased my fears and showed me kindness and respect. I am amazed how knowledgeable everyone I dealt with at Defense was. I was called immediately when I had them and was updated all along the way of my process. They really helped me and I no longer have any issue with the IRS.

Lura Lsan

August 21st, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The most amazing service and people I have ever worked with. I owed $77,000 and had 5 returns that needed to be filed. After doing my returns Defense Tax Group negotiated a settlement with the IRS saving me over 95% of what I originally owed. Chris was so helpful made the entire process painless.

Ed

July 23rd, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A great company with great service. Everyone is kind and helpful . They saved me money and time .

Steve Call

May 10th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nov 04, 2019

Thank you Steve for your review, we appreciate yo taking time at of your day. It was a pleasure to assist you. Defense Tax

Mr. DeClue

March 20th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The people at defense tax took my case and represented me until an acceptable offer in compromise was accepted by the IRS!! Thanks to all of the professional representatives, accountants and lawyers my case has been settled satisfactorily!!

Oct 15, 2019

Thank youMr DeClue, we appreciate your trust in Defense Tax Group as well as you taking the time to make a review.

Louethel Boyd Campbell

March 20th, 2019 Mobile, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This Company was an answer to my prayers. I had been to stressed out with IRS for years. I found this company. I am now so at ease. Defense Tax has shown nothing but Professionalism. When I needed questions answered Karen and Wendy were the best. Im finally sleeping @ night with peace. I have nothing but the BEST from them. I advise anyone. If u Need assistance with IRS Defense Tax are the BEST!!

John Beauchamp

March 12th, 2019 Calumet City, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Defense Tax Group is very professional, prompt and cares a great deal about their customers. I will be recommending them in the future and will contact them again if the need arises !

Adam Carl

March 7th, 2019 Encinitas, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Only thing I can say is , they lived up to everything I was promised and more. Living out of the area of Defense I worried, but i really should not have. I saved over $17,500 and now have the IRS off my back. I would with Mr S directly and he was kind understanding and very helpful. I have been worried and stressed for three years, not any more I would give them a 1,000 stars if possible.

Oct 03, 2019

What a great review, thank you for taking the time to express yourself. We truly enjoyed helping you.

daniel Calihan

January 18th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hired Defense and there are great. Did my past due tax returns as well as negotiated my back tax debt . I would use them moving forward with any tax issues I may have. Great company to work with.

Oct 03, 2019

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure assisting you with your tax need.

Angela Brown

January 15th, 2019 Oak Park, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently hired Defense Tax Group for back tax help. Their team members were so helpful and saved me over $25,000. I have referred my friends to them and they all have been very happy too. I highly recommend their service.

Steve Stark

January 15th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great experience all around. Very helpful kind and understanding. I saved money time and energy by hiring Defense Tax.

Shawn white

January 2nd, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I hired Defense Tax after receiving a letter from the IRS saying I owed them 34,000 and was going to get garnished. Defense got me into a collection hold in 2 hours and settled my debt for 3,000. Great colony and service .

Oct 08, 2019

Thank you Shawn for the great review. It was a pleasure helping you get through a tough time.