TurboTax Logo

7.5

Fernando

So easy to use. I did my own taxes plus helped my mom with hers. Received my refund without any trouble.

Steven Rummler Centerville, UT

TurboTax has a great user experience but makes it a little too difficult to avoid paying for what is advertised as a free service. The results are good, but more clarity around the paid vs free features would go a long way.

Hailee Coleman Columbia, MO

TurboTax is expensive, which is the only reason I have to give it 3 stars instead of 5. Other than that, the high quality access to experts in the field for filing taxes online makes it an extremely useful resource, especially for people unfamiliar with taxes.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I love using turbotax to file my taxes. I am a college student and the free option makes it really easy to file, especially since i'm not earning a huge income.

Cindy R Tallahassee, FL

As an 18 year old who filled her tax for the first time this year, I believe TurboTax was pretty simple to use. I only have source of income so inevitably it was pretty easy for me to fill out my taxes for free!

David Stickles West Jordan, UT

A fair price and makes the process a breeze. The first time you use it is an ok experience but each following year as they can pull the previous years information it becomes a breeze. Makes the headache of tax season a 15 minute ordeal.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

Doing taxes for the first time is extremely intimidating, but TurboTax made my experience super easy and stress free! It was easy to follow along with and put in a lot of the information automatically. Definitely recommend for anyone looking to simplify taxes!

Jay Sandy, UT

It's easy to use. Filing is very straightforward.

Adam Dahl Herriman, UT

Very easy to use. I’m not totally sure it gives the best return

Pati Richardson Edmond, OK

Since I am retired and no longer itemize destruction, it is quick, affordable and they communicate well.

Mike Will Pompano Beach, FL

Market leader without question. Easy to use and effortless to maximize returns.

Spookybettle74 Carl Junction, MO

Very easy to use, step by step instructions. Been using for years and will continue to use.

Hannah Barth Tallahassee, FL

TurboTax made filing my taxes super easy. I wasn't sure how to do taxes on my own, but the live chat feature was super helpful.

Jodianna Tallahassee, FL

I like how they are always there to help when tax season is approaching. It is great for young people who do not know where to start.

IloriaTess R. Atlanta, GA

I love how easy it was to complete my tax forms. They made all information easy to ready and the directions were easy to follow

Lena munn Elmira, NY

Super easy to use as long as you gave simple taxes.

Cam Hall Palmyra, VA

TurboTax is a fantastic option if you commit to doing your taxes with the tool every year. It’s hard to use other tools after using TurboTax once, but they don’t give you much reason to switch from it other than saving $20-50 per year. As long as it makes sense financially/your return is going to be more than $80, TurboTax is well worth it.

Sean Clayton City of Saint Peters, MO

I've been using TurboTax since I started filing. It is pretty simple and easy to use. I also like the options they have in which you can have a live CPA help you. Being in the military, it was furthermore nice to get a free upgrade.

Jenetta E Provo, UT

Big fan of Turbo Tax. They helped me file my taxes all by myself for the very first time and easily helped me to get a great tax refund (which is the part I was most stoked about). They also did well explaining what different things in the process meant.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

TurboTax is absolutely the best tool online for tax preparation. This tool takes complex tax issues and simplifies it enough for anyone to handle filing taxes. It is fully tax comprehensive, all the laws and regs are complied with. And if you can follow simple instructions, you can file taxes successfully and easily with Turbotax. No situation is too complex as it handles all tax issues with ease.

Whimsy067 Cordova, TN

I've been using TurboTax for many years & have never had difficulty completing or filing my taxes. I like that the program guides you through the possible deductions (though I always end up using the standard) and recommends any deductions you may be qualified for so you can at least look into it. I love that I can exit the program and it saves my work so I don't have to start over. I have 2 complaints: Recently married but with no dependents, we were trying to decide if we should file jointly or separately. TurboTax recommended jointly & said they could help us determine which option would be most beneficial. "Help" is a stretch as we had to complete our returns separately to determine the amount of our individual refunds AND THEN start all over and complete the return jointly (that's 3 completions of the process) to determine that our joint return would net us an extra $30 (plus the $40 we save by filing one return). I just think TurboTax should have a quick way of making the comparison if the customer indicates that they don't have dependents. Also, if you want to pay the fee FROM your refund, there is an additional fee of $39.95. So, for the simple tax return, that is a $39.95 fee for the return AND a $39.95 fee for the convenience of having the first fee deducted from your refund. I was able to back my way out of that & charge it with my debit card but still...how many people don't notice it?

Bekah W

Alexander was incredibly helpful yesterday when I needed assistance finishing my taxes. He stayed on the phone to make sure my issue was completely resolved. The software itself has been very easy to use. The web help has always gotten me through in the past but phone assistance was needed in this case. I really appreciate everything Alexander was able to do for me and will continue to use TurboTax for all my tax needs. Thank you again!

tommy melvin Richmond, VA

Easy to use. Has a lot of options for new tax preparers or veterans

Matt Clark Provo, UT

Great, easy way to do your taxes. My only problem with them is how hard they push for you to subscribe to their other programs

Naomi Jacksonville, FL

Easiest way to get your taxes done without messing up . Follow the directions and you are all good .

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Very, very easy and safe way to do taxes. Also user friendly and easy to find answers to your questions.

Sharrell Colleton Tallahassee, FL

TurboTax helped me file my taxes last year and it was my first time filing takes. It was very helpful.

bmc2z7 Columbia, MO

I enjoy the simplicity of their site, it makes it easy for me to put my information in. It only takes me a couple of minutes to file my taxes!

Belle Pierdon Willoughby, OH

I've used Turbo Tax for a couple of years in the past; liked the step by step ease of use but I have found a much better service that suits me better.

Larry R Thrash Valparaiso, FL

I've been using TurboTax for years. They are always up to date with their program. The customer service reps are very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. The program works very well and i very accurate.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

TurboTax is a super great program to use for taxes. There are instructions along the way of what needs to go where which makes everything super straight forward. However, if there is anything out of the 'norm' that you did in the tax year, it is hard ti figure out how to report it like capital gains from stocks or selling a house.

Clark Beus Richland, WA

Overall I did well doing my taxes with TurboTax. I liked the plain speech used to provide directions. Maybe I missed something, but I was disappointed that I couldn’t see and review the actual forms before filing. And in my mind the price is a bit steep compared with the competition.

Megan Roper South Jordan, UT

I really enjoy that Turbo Tax saves my information from one year to the next, that way each time I log in to do my taxes it only takes me a short time to review my current year taxes. I wish it was a little cheaper to do it, but I am still happy with the platform.

Dave Spokane, WA

I am a tax professional and I use Turbo Tax's free e-filing program to do simpler returns for family members. It is very thorough and would be easy to follow even for a nonprofessional. The free version is limited, of course, but for a simple tax return it does the job.

Pauline Causse Provo, UT

I have used Turbo Tax a couple times, and it has been great for a beginner like me. It is straight forward and they do a good job at explaining what you need and why. The is a little higher than some other competing companies. But maybe that's the price to pay for the quality of what you get

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Turbo Tax is super easy to follow. I can’t remember the last time I met with an accountant to do my taxes. It’s so much easier using their online service. I’m able to complete my tax, submit for review, and E-file.

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

My husband has been doing our taxes using TurboTax for the past 3 years. He has been very satisfied with the ease of use and quality of product. Our taxes are fairly simple since we don't have alot of deductions but having the ability to do it accurately without paying a tax preparer is a great way to save some money.

John Burnside Colorado Springs, CO

I've used Turbotax Home & Business Schedule C edition every year for the past 12 years. I don't like the upsell prompts for audit defense and having to pay to send in my state taxes which can be performed for free in Colorado. However, it walks me through all the issues and it's updated with the latest edition of the tax law. Very easy to use.

LindseyL Cary, NC

I am single, do not own a home, do not itemize, etc. - very basic filing. I used TurboTax from 2015-2017 with limited issues that were solved before filing. This year, however, I had a 1099-G and as soon as I added the form, I was forced to select the Deluxe version for $39.99. Because I moved out of state in the middle of the year, I had to pay that three times - once for Federal, then for each state - amounting to $120. I stopped right there and tried H&R Block which allowed me to file 100% free and had the identical returns that TurboTax found. The best thing about TurboTax is how user friendly it is. They ask lots of questions to make sure you're really getting the highest refund. You can't miss anything because of how easy and straight-forward it is. However, they do seem to be charging for more and more features, as I was unable to retrieve my previous returns without paying.

Kara

The company does free military taxes which is greatly appreciated. Its also one of the most user friendly and helpful online tools to use while doing taxes. It offers great explanations to help make doing your taxes less steessful.

Angie L Hanzel Saratoga Springs, UT

Turbo Tax is the software we have used for the past 15 + years to do our taxes. It is very user friendly and I feel like the price of the software is fair. We have never had any problems filing our taxes with Turbo Tax and will continue to purchase this in the future.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Turbo Tax for many years and I am amazed at how easy it is to use. They walk you through every step of the way, check it for errors and give you the peace of mind that you are getting the highest tax refund possible.

Brian McNamara

I have used TurboTax for nearly 20 years. The software is great at explaining the line items on a tax form. I could do without the audit protection and other "ad-on" services they try to sell you as you go through the steps to complete your tax return

Pamelia Koss

Simple to use, literate and complete instructions on simple tax problems, retirement taxes, taxes on 401K interest and dividends and they have the option of having an expert review your tax filing, which is cheaper than having a tax preparer do your taxes.

WT

I used the free online tax prep and it was pretty easy to complete.

KG Lebanon, NJ

Seemed to be easy to use as a single filer but seemed difficult if you have complex taxes.

Zach Newman American Fork, UT

TurboTax does a good job of serving it's patients who have no idea where to start with their taxes. If you're an American with a W2 and a home and that's it, then I think it's a great place to take care of your taxes. If you have more complex circumstances and investments then it's best to work with a tax accountant.

Jordon Patton Pflugerville, TX

TurboTax is super user friendly and makes the process of filing my taxes really easy. Though they promise that they are maximizing my return, I question it a little since there are different tiers of services, so I have a hard time knowing if I would have had a better return if I paid a little more, which makes me tempted to use an accountant once my finances become a little more complex.

Kent Logan, UT

TurboTax works so well for me from year to year. It imports all my information from previous years and asks me all the right questions to figure out my tax situation for the current year. There are also online helps for very unique situations, and the ability to upgrade immediately to a higher service level if your tax situation requires it. There is an account login required for product purchases and paying a modest fee for direct depositing, which is not ideal since it is something I use only once a year. It would be better if that could be done without having to set up an account.

Stefanie Ewer Providence, UT

We file our taxes with turbo tax. Turbo Tax walks you through step by step. At the end of each section they check to see if you missed anything that might help you. Makes suggestions and reviews all possible tax areas. We had to do some self employed taxes and turbo tax was great at walking us through each step as we weren’t sure where to start. Easy to use.