Tesla Energy Solar Power

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

2.0

Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Sacramento, California, Tesla Energy Solar Power provides alternative energy sources for home and business owners. The company offers solar energy systems for both small- and large-scale projects and claims to utilize vast expertise, proven methodology, and high quality products.

The Good

• Free Evaluation
  • Financing Options
  • Warranty Coverage

Free Evaluation

Tesla Energy Solar Power provides complimentary site evaluations for potential customers. Once the site evaluation is complete, the company will provide the potential customer with a certified quote.

Financing Options

Tesla Energy Solar Power aims to provide its customers with cost-effective solar solutions. For those who may not be able to cover the entire cost of the system upfront, the company offers a variety of financing options, including options with no interest and options with no upfront cost.

Warranty Coverage

All of Tesla Energy Solar Power’s systems are backed by the company’s Iron Clad Power Protection Guarantee. The company provides a 25-year production guarantee and 100 percent system coverage.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Outsourced Installations

Limited Availability

Tesla Energy Solar Power is headquartered in Sacramento, and the company appears to focus on the California market.

Outsourced Installations

Tesla Energy Solar Power states that it partners with another company, Sunworks, for construction. As a result, Tesla Energy Solar Power likely does not perform installations itself and instead utilizes Sunworks for this part of the solar process. However, Sunworks does appear to have a positive reputation within the solar industry.

The Bottom Line

Tesla Energy Solar Power has been in business for several years and offers free evaluations, financing options, and 25-year warranty coverage. However, the company appears to work with another company for the installation portion of the solar process.

View Best Solar Companies

1.9

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Charles Donahue San Francisco, CA

I signed an agreement in November and it's been almost three months and still no video when this project will be submitted for permitting.

Gary Maxwell ,

My solar system was installed by Solar City which was purchased by Tesla. My rating of one star if focused on the support provided by Tesla. I have had to replace at least two inverters. Each time it takes a minimum of two months to be up and running again. Getting confirmation about delivery dates or status requires multiple calls. Often a return call or email is promised. Sometimes that happens sometimes it does not. I cannot comment on installation, which may be great. The issue is that there are years ahead for service and that is not a pretty prospect. Each and every person I have talked to have been very pleasant and seem to try to assist me. I question whether or not they have the kind of backup they need so that they can honestly deal with clients. They must take a lot of grief from client clients if my experience is similar to others. There is some sort of compensation for the system not being able to deliver the power that was promised in the contract, but I doubt that it comes near the value of the lost production of energy.

Reply from Tesla Energy Solar Power

We are not affiliated with Solarcity/Tesla Motors and function as a completely separate, non-related entity. For your convenience, I have provided you the resources below for the correct company. Here is the Yelp and webpage for Solarcity/Tesla : Yelp Website Facebook Please note our website and Facebook Website Facebook

Jan. 15th, 2021

pjkPA Pittsburgh, PA

Tesla install of its small 4KW system with One power wall was one day. I was a Electrician and a Electrical designer for 45 years and I’m very impressed with the installation so far.... it’s been very good. Tesla prepaired well and had 7 qualified professionals at the house . The installation was done very well and in one day which I would have never believed. Very neat install very clean and good materials ... I’m very pleased with the Tesla panels which are performing well after 3 months . In the dead of winter here in PA In February I’ve gotten up to 60% of rated capacity of panels indicating they are doing good . I’ve already used the backup power wall which is seamless and very nice not having to drag out my old generator. So far I give Tesla 5 stars.

Jennifer Monrovia, CA

Solar installation went very smooth. Loved the professionalism and the experience was amazing. The Tesla Battery looks so modern in my garage. I was skeptical about adding one in the beginning but the battery acts as an insurance policy, if a black out were to occur my system would continue running perfectly!

Reply from Tesla Energy Solar Power

Jennifer, thank you for your patronage! We are so happy to hear about your project's success!

Feb. 20th, 2020

John Santa Cruz, CA

I got a loan for Tesla Solar Panels after 6 months they still have not been connected to PGE. MOSAIC is now billing me for Panels that produce zero energy. ...

Hello John, Did Tesla Motors/Solar City install your project? Thank you

Feb. 13th, 2020

UnHappy customer Mission Viejo, CA

Supper unhappy with this company! We are stuck in a 20 year contract, our panel stopped working over a year ago. We reported it right away. We are still waiting for our solar power to work. We waited over a year for the panels to be replaced, only to find out that the inverter also needed to be replaced. They said it would be ordered and changed within a few days that was three weeks ago. We have been paying for solar power every month, and paying the electric company since we are not getting any solar. Super frustrated.

Reply from Tesla Energy Solar Power

Hello, Was this Tesla Motor/Solar City that installed your system?

Feb. 9th, 2020

DC Gallock Henderson, NV

Tesla has THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced. My husband and I closed on a house May 1 that came with Tesla Solar Panels. We have been trying to get the account transferred and set up in our name for almost three months. When I call Tesla, the only way to speak with a human being is to stay on hold for 30+ minutes. I've placed at least 10 calls and sent at least a dozen emails. NO ONE EVER RETURNS MY CALLS OR RESPONDS TO EMAILS. A month ago I was able to get someone on the line who said a first bill would be generated by July 1. Today is July 19 and NOTHING. I tried calling the other day and after 17 minutes on hold I hung up. Even their corporate headquarters phone lines go round and round and you can never get anyone on the phone. Why do I care if I don't get a bill right away??? Because I was originally told when I do finally get set up and billed, it will be for all months that THEY delayed so as of right now I own 4 months of payments.

Reply from Tesla Energy Solar Power

Hello, we are not affiliated with Solarcity/Tesla Motors and function as a completely separate, non-related entity. For your convenience, I have provided you the resources below for the correct company. Here is the Yelp and webpage for Solarcity/Tesla : Yelp Website Facebook Please note our website and Facebook Website Facebook

Harry goodman Owings Mills, MD

Customer service is non existent, don’t do business with them

Reply from Tesla Energy Solar Power

Hello Harry, we do not do business in Massachusetts and are not affiliated with Solarcity/Tesla Motors and function as a completely separate, non-related entity. For your convenience, I have provided you the resources below for the correct company. Here is the Yelp and webpage for Solarcity/Tesla : Yelp Website Facebook Please note our website and Facebook Website Facebook

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

We currently have a lease agreement with Solar City, which is now Tesla Solar. We loved our solar panels on our house we bought a few years ago, because we didn't have to put the solar panels in, they were already there when we bought it. We just had to take over the lease from the old owners. The solar panels saved us about 30% off our monthly bill. These were great savings, and we didn't have any problems with Solar City, until we moved... They told us at first that we could take the panels with us to our new home and it would be a flat fee of $495 for them to come get them and move them to our new home, then another flat fee of $495 for them to set them up on the new house. Then when we tried to get them to come do it, they kept changing the price. Pretty soon, they were saying it was going to be more like $7,000 to move them, and they also said the new house wasn't going to be able to have as many panels so they would prefer we leave them at the old one. The buyers didn't want them--so we had to hire someone to come take the panels off the house and fix the roof--which cost us $5,000, and we still have the panels sitting in our back yard at the new house waiting for someone to get back to us. Needless to say, it has been a nightmare. I'm not sure if we'll ever be able to recoup the cost, and we still have years left on the lease with Solar City--even though they won't send anyone out to put the panels onto our new house. I loved the savings the solar panels offered, but feel like their customer service is CRAP. I thought when Tesla took over the company, they would clean it up--but it hasn't happened quickly enough, and things don't look great for this company.

Srgiohdez Reseda, CA

Sales rep got me all excited about getting tesla panels, I disclosed to them that the type of roof I have was asphalt before hand and that I was in the process on getting a new roof. They sent their contractor to inspect my roof and attic. He was there for about 10 min just to tell me that my roof wasn't qualify for solar panels. I told him to how can he tell when he didn't even bother to go on top of my roof. He responded by telling me that they are not allowed to on a asphalt type of roof....the next day I called Sunpower, they qualified my roof with no problem....Thx SunPower