SunPower

5.7

17 hours ago

SunPower

verified
SunPower excels when it comes to innovation, design, and production of solar equipment

Founded in 1992, SunPower is a solar company that prides itself on delivering reliable energy and long-term peace of mind.

Known for manufacturing top quality, high efficiency solar panels for many other players in the industry, SunPower offers a few different options to help consumers get started with renewable energy, but outsources most, if not all, of its projects to third-party solar installers.

Keep reading to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about SunPower, and check out SunPower reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available
  • High Efficiency Panels
  • Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production
  • Compatible With Battery Storage
  • Online Monitoring
  • Lengthy Warranties

Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available

SunPower offers three different payment options for customers to choose from.

With the lease option, SunPower Capital owns the system and the customer rents the system from the company, requiring monthly payments. The lease comes with a 20-year performance guarantee, as well as easy options in case the customer needs to transfer the lease.

SunPower also offers loan and purchase options for customers interested in the tax credits and other incentives that come along with solar power ownership. Loan terms typically range from 5 to 20 years and do not have any prepayment penalties attached.

High Efficiency Panels

SunPower is on the cutting edge of solar technology and excels when it comes to innovation, design, and production of solar equipment, so customers can be confident that they will have high quality products on their homes.

In fact, SunPower makes the highest efficiency solar panels you can buy for your roof, and the company's solar cells are made of anti-reflective glass and coated with anti-reflective coating to ensure that they capture as much sunlight as possible.

Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production

SunPower's X-Series solar panels deliver 44 percent more energy per watt than competitive products. This means that SunPower can provide more power for its customers' homes with fewer solar panels.

SunPower panels also boast 75 percent more energy per watt than conventional solar panels, meaning that an investment in a SunPower system will ultimately pay off more in the long run.

Additonally, SunPower panels maintain their energy production much better than conventional panels in partly-shaded conditions, making them a better option for customers who live in a cloudy region or a relatively shaded area.

Compatible With Battery Storage

SunPower's panels are compatible with the Freedom CPAP Battery produced by Battery Power Solutions. When a SunPower module is installed along with this battery, customers will still have access to electricity in the event of a power outage.

Online Monitoring

Online monitoring is extremely important for customers who want to see what the panels on their roof are producing and ensure that everything is up to par.

SunPower offers a helpful, convenient app for customers to do just that. The app provides important system information such as power output, savings, energy usage over time, and environmental effects.

There is also a consumption monitoring kit that provides more information than the app for customers who would like a more in-depth way to monitor their system. The consumption monitoring kit is installed by the dealer, but may not be compatible with all homes.

Lengthy Warranties

SunPower offers multiple warranties to protect its customers' solar energy systems, including a 25-year product warranty, which covers the equipment itself, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

The Bad

• No PPAs for Non-Commerical Buyers
  • Few In-House Installations
  • Customer Service Complaints

No PPAs for Non-Commercial Buyers

Many customers may be interested in obtaining a SunPower module through a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) because this payment method typically includes some kind of $0 down option, which eliminates a barrier to entry for them to go solar.

Unfortunately, SunPower only offers PPAs to commercial customers, so consumers who are interested in a PPA for their home solar system will not have much luck with this company.

Few In-House Installations

SunPower is performing installations itself in select areas of California; however, SunPower panels are available in 40 states, excluding the following, through a network of dealers:

• Alaska
  • Oklahoma
  • Arkansas
  • Mississippi
  • Alabama

The dealer you choose will end up being your installer and customer care center for the life of the panels, which creates a bit of confusion as to who should be contacted (the dealer or SunPower) in the event that any issues occur.

Customer Service Complaints

Many users on our site have provided negative feedback in regards to SunPower's customer service.

Common complaints include difficulty to reach a representative, company failure to return phone calls, slow response time, and inability to resolve issues.

The Bottom Line

SunPower offers a number of payment options, some of the most efficient solar panels in the industry, online monitoring for its customers, and a lengthy workmanship and product warranty.

However, the company does not offer PPAs to residential customers and outsources most of its installations, making it confusing for customers to know who to contact if there is an issue.

View Best Solar Companies

3.1

Shannon Toohey Dean
September 20th, 2018 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

We live in Southern California and signed a lease with SunPower through a local installation company. We liked our installation company, but since installation 3 years ago, our system has been down 5-6 times (and even though the system is connected to the internet it does NOT notify you or them when it is down, so several times it had already been down for a week when my husband happened to be in the garage and notice there was an error message). It has been down over 10% of the time that it has been on our roof. While initially our local company/installation company handled our repairs, it has broken so many times (including replacing the inverter twice and replacing all the panels), that they say they can no longer handle our repairs and we are now being referred to the parent company, SunPower. Unfortunately, SunPower is unresponsive and has zero customer service. Our system most recently has been down for over 30 days, we have called multiple times and been told we are on their "high priority list." Heaven help those not on the high priority list, because even that took 3 weeks to get a team out to even look at it. It has been 10 days since then and we still had not heard anything from SunPower. We are currently paying $160/month for a solar system that doesn't work, on top of exorbitant SDG&E prices because our solar system is down in the middle of summer. We finally got a call back after multiple calls and emails over 10 days, just to be told they still haven't received a report from the technicians, they don't know what the problem is and they don't have an ETA to fix it. They said "maybe" 2-4 weeks to finalize the report and determine the issue and then they can start planning a repair - this would mean our system will be down for 6-8 weeks by the time they even TRY to fix it. The lease provides a guarantee that SunPower will reimburse for any underproduction at the end of the year. It sounded like a great guarantee when we signed the lease. Here's the catch: they reimburse at the lowest cost of electricity (tier 1 currently $0.14 per kW) and when your solar panels are not working or are significantly underproducing the issue is not the tier 1 charges, but the tier 3 charges (currently $0.55 per kW). With this summer having heat in the 100s and our panels out we have had two $500-$1000 electric bills that would have been significantly lower had our panels been producing and the charges had stayed in tier 1 and tier 2 levels. The $200-300 we will get in exchange at tier 1 rates does not really make up for the underproduction. SunPower should install products that properly work and maintain them so they do not need to utilize the guarantee or should reimburse at the tier 3 levels. I do not recommend signing a lease with SunPower. They do not stand behind their product, they refuse to make repairs on the system we are paying to lease. Find a different solar leasing company that stands behind their product. UPDATE 9/19/18: They finally fixed our system - it was down for almost 2 months before they fixed it. Given the number of breakdowns, two inverter replacements and replacement of all the panels, we requested a provision added to the lease regarding expectations on timeline for repairs and possible termination of lease if they do not meet these expectations (not an unreasonable request given our experience with them). They refused stating "there is no provision in your lease to terminate due to equipment failure...SunPower will not provide any further consideration relative to termination of your lease" So just FYI thats how much they stand behind their products.

Seth H
September 6th, 2018 Menlo Park, CA DETAILS

We have had a great experience with our SunPower system which was installed in 2011. It’s over produced the guaranteed production amount each of the seven years its been on our roof and saved our family over $12,400 in this time. Super happy with our investment.

Ronald Summers
August 30th, 2018 El Centro, CA DETAILS

When I first started with Sun Power some of my panels were not hooked up. After three month they got them hooked up to deliver power to me. A circuit breaker pops everytime my unit reaches 8KW. I have to reset it so I called them. They told me someone would call me in 5 to 10 days. Still no one called me. I called them back and they told me they would get right on it. Three days has passed and still no one called. I spent an hour on the phone trying to reach them. They have to contract some other solar company to repair my system. Do anyone know how to get from under there contract for the type of service they are providing?

Jeremy BullAug 30, 2018

Hi Ronald, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered. I will contact you within 24 hrs. to help address this issue. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback. Best regards, Jeremy

Tim Town
August 21st, 2018 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

Horrible company, never respond to help issues. have a problem good luck getting them to help you. Paying APS more know that I have solar panels, don't quite understand how that works. I would not recommend them or Titan solar who installed them to my worst enemy!!!!

Kari HulacAug 21, 2018

Tim, I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with SunPower. Please send a private message with your address, name on your account and a case number if you have one, so we can help you resolve this.

Lesbians reyes
August 8th, 2018 Fresno, CA DETAILS

The worst company ever. The panels stopped working from October 2016 through march of 2017. I was told that they keep back up records through the wifi system that was installed, but it couldn't get resolved until September. That there was no way around it. I was charged by pg&e $1,500. When I called back on September, I was told that they had no records of my multiple calls. April of 2018 I get a 48 hr pg&e bill of $2,500. Sunpower customer service can't tell me anything they don't know what's wrong. I never paid that much in pg&e without solar panels. So what's the whole point of having them. I'm paying more pg&e than I did before sunpower, and I'm paying sunpower monthly too. A waist of money. Customer service reps are not properly trained to help customers. HORRIBLE COMPANY. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY!

Jeremy BullAug 10, 2018

Hi Lesbians, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your system is not meeting your expectations and of your experience with our Customer Service department. We would like to review this further. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your contact details. Thank you.

Robert
August 2nd, 2018 Washington, MI DETAILS

Junk, absolutely and simply. Avoid this company at all costs. There microinverters fail at an unbelievable rate and I believe they are in the 3rd generation of supplying this horrible equipment. After you pay continually for repairs it ends up costing you to have solar, not to mention the dramatic outlay. To sum it up, SunPower is a company not ready for prime time. Have read reports the microinverters come from China and judging from my failure rate I would not be surprised!

Jeremy BullJul 30, 2018

Hi Robert, thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear that your expectations have not been met. We'd really like to look into this further. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your contact details. -Thank you.

Stacey Petty
August 1st, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

SunPower is VERY difficult to reach. You can stay on hold for over 30 minutes if you ever need to speak to someone. When my solar was down for nearly a year, SunPower first said they had no replacement inverter (8 months or so) then they installed one that was too large for my system so it would shut down for hours or days (4 months or so). Then, when they agreed to minimally compensate me for the lost power generation, they offered only $726 for the YEAR of lost power generation. They sent nothing. When I continued to call them every couple weeks, they said they could only send $681. They sent nothing. I've been calling them every couple of weeks OR MORE for almost 6 months trying to get some compensation for my loss of power production. This is not customer service. They offer only customer frustration! I'm currently on hold with them and have been waiting 30 minutes already.

Kari HulacAug 03, 2018

Hello Stacey, I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble getting this issue resolved. If you're still in need of assistance, please email your case number, if you have it, and your address and phone number, to [email protected]

Mark Stein
July 30th, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

Five stars in all respects! Paid for system outright. Excellent, consistent, responsive service from Positive Energy NM. No problems so far, and the system is delivering excellent performance. Installed 3 months ago by expert team. We have "flat" roof architecture (two stories high), so ballasted rack mounting was very easy and it is effective. Good stability and strength held up beautifully through several episodes of unobstructed, battering canyon winds. Will update this review after more time passes. Your experience is going to depend on your local vendors, among whom quality will vary, and which explains the negative reviews here. The SunPower product is awesome, but your local service might or might not not measure up to Positive Energy's. If you live in Albuquerque, then definitely go with SunPower by Positive Energy. - a retired aerospace engineer

Kari HulacAug 22, 2018

Thank you, Mark, for choosing SunPower and for sharing your going solar story here.

Julia D Elina
July 24th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

I have had 19 panels on my roof since last April (2017). They worked well for a few months, but after that they began seriously underperforming until production got down to almost zero. I called and called to complain, called the installer. The installer was more responsive, but determined it was an issue with either the Sunpower panels or the system (the PMV or microinverters). Sunpower replaced all 19 microinverters and the system still does not reflect accurate production or consumption. I have threatened to sue them so they keep making excuses and telling me the problem will be fixed at a certain time point, which comes and goes with no updates or corrections or fixes. I am seriously considering litigation, as Sunpower is either unwilling or unable to fix these panels. THEY DO NOT WORK. BUYER BEWARE- DO NOT USE SUNPOWER- they do not honor the warranty!!!!!!!

Jeremy BullJul 30, 2018

Hi Julia, I apologize for the frustration you've experienced. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback. I will have one of Executive Support Representatives contact you to better understand your concerns and work to resolve the issue.

Pablo Leon
July 20th, 2018 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

Sun power is a company that they should not be in Business they don’t delivers what they promised, I have a lease with SunPower for a few years and never got a one of their promise come to a reality I was paying $177.00 pr month for the lease plus $18.00 for Edison and 863.00 at the end of the year. Plus they install a Wi-Fi unit forward to Send all the info and production to their office center which it never work or they change the unit so they could get all the information but constantly they will come replace it or have an excuse but never got the right answer I will never recoment SunPower to no one these company produce nothing but fake news and and lied big time to homeowners if any body out there want to or knows how we can get out off this lease or contract please let me know thanks

Jeremy BullJul 26, 2018

Hi Pablo, we're sorry to hear that your expectations are not being met. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Robert LaMorte
July 12th, 2018 Lake Havasu City, AZ DETAILS

I have had no problems with SunPower and I leased it on my first house and am now buying the system on my new house. Reading the comments it appears the local installing Company appears to be the main problem. So I would suggest you take the time to investigate the installing company buy contacting you local electric company Solar representative. My installing company in Lake Havasu City AZ is Esmay Electric Company.

Gregory Smmith
June 29th, 2018 Vacaville, CA DETAILS

Been waiting about three months for a micro inverter to be replaced. Told today it will be about another 2 months. SunPower is blaming supply line problems. Poor communication and slow or no response to calls and messages. System is bought and fully paid for over a year ago.

Linda Dale
June 13th, 2018 Eloy, AZ DETAILS

Their service is horrible. We have been waiting 5 weeks for replacement inverter. Calling SunPower and Solar Tops just gets me the runaround. No one ever calls back as promised.

Abdel Riad
June 4th, 2018 Belle Mead, NJ DETAILS

I start using Sun power 7/10/15, since that time I'm living in hill. I'm payed to PSE&G every month the same amount like i was paying before installing the system. I raise the problem with the customer service of Sunpower Co. (Mr. Charlie Garcia, Customer Service Supervisor) I supply him with all data he asked fore requested by him. He never gave me direct answer. MY QUESTION IS: WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY PSE&G EVERY MONTH SAME AMOUNT WHICH I PAID BEFORE USING THE SOLER. IN THE SAME TIME I'M PAYING MONTHLY INSTALLMENT TO THE SOLER COMP. (SUNPOWER) FOR USING THERE SYSTEM?

garry lovelace
May 29th, 2018 Egg Harbor City, NJ DETAILS

SunPower does not cover the roof The roof warranty is guaranteed by the installation company in New Jersey, not SunPower. If the contractor goes out of business, then you have no warranty on the install of your panels. If the roof starts to leak get your ladder out !!!!!!! I was a Sunpower Rep that told lies for this company about their warranty.

Robert
May 21st, 2018 Sun City, CA DETAILS

Have had their panels for three years. After a couple months in service, one of the two inverters stopped working. Several months later it was replaced. Now I sit with a panel out which is on a string-- so half my system isn't working. My system has not been working more than it has! They are EXTREMELY SLOW to respond to a service request. You just get told they will put in a work order and someone will be calling you. Not anytime soon. The run around goes on for months and months!

Paul Tremblay
May 16th, 2018 Apple Valley, CA DETAILS

After $52,000.00 invested in 2006, my inverters, I have 2, have failed. Sunpower will not talk to me, or even a local installer that I hired, to troubleshoot the problems. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, SUNPOWER.

Steve Snider
May 14th, 2018 Chico, CA DETAILS

I have a purchased Sunpower system on my roof for 3 years. This past year I have had issues due to defective panels which cuts my energy production by 50%. Sunpower customer support has been horrendous in dealing with this issue.

Cristhian
May 10th, 2018 The Bronx, NY

I received a quote after a few back and forth From a nice guy call Braxton turn out he was fired before a meeting The Co-founder came to the appointment instead gave me a different quote,we decided to wait a couple of week To start the job in the meantim. Alex the co-founder was to find out about a couple of questions I had about the difference in the quote,which I never received an answer. I call today to proceed with the job anyway Alex picked up the phone and said they cannot Do the job because is not convenient for them.

Lee P
May 7th, 2018 Kahului, HI DETAILS

I would like to give this company -5 stars. The worst customer service ever. I closed on My home March first. First month was paid by escrow. Next payment due 4-1-18. I never got welcome letter until Mid April, after i had emailed someone like April 9th, to ask about getting statement. Got statement a few days after that welcome email telling me I was late and charging me late fee. I got someone on the phone finally the next day after ALWAYS waiting long time. I paid April and May bill over the phone minus the late fee I refuse to pay. It is now 2 weeks later. (Today is May 5) I have still yet to get credit for those payments not credited the late fee. So, I have yet to be able to set up auto draft which saves me $5/mo. I don't want to set up because I am guessing it will pay that late fee I refuse to pay. Its like impossible to get someone to help. I own a small business and if I treated my customers like this, I would no doubt be long gone out of business. (didn't even add the night mare of trying to get someone to talk to me about the details of lease before I closed on the house. I NEVER did and just had to accept lease as is and it held up my closing a few days. I had to email again and get irate and I am not sure that sped things up, but if you value customer service, then do not use this company, because they sure don't!

George Plesa
May 4th, 2018 Sun City West, AZ DETAILS

I could not be happier and I own the system. Financing is okay and leasing is a complete loser. The company I used, Cool Blew in Peoria Az., did a great job. They are experienced at working with the power provider and the application process was smooth. Install is a very clean 20 panel 6.9 KWh system using 345 panels with no unsightly inverter. The conduit was painted and a quality bird block was installed. A whole house surge protector was included that also "cleans" up the electricity so our appliances run more efficiently with less electrical draw. From the day I signed the contract to beginning to generate my own power 3.5 months and that was during the major winter holidays. Most of that was waiting on the county inspector and APS to set the meter. I always generate excess electricity which I will use credits to be net zero in the summer. My first full month with solar my bill was negative $62.05. The monitoring system is a bit buggy and sometimes runs a few hours to a day behind. With a 25 year parts and labor warranty what is not to like. I knew all about Sunpower and the rest of the solar companies before I had the salesman come out so I didn't have to sit through a sales pitch and we were able to get right down to business. I'd done enough research I could sell this product. The price was very fair but then it was just before the major winter holidays and they were not selling much solar. Timing is everything.

L S
April 16th, 2018 Fresno, CA DETAILS

The project took more than twice as long as I was told it would. Communication was horrible. No one appeared to be in charge.

Richard
April 16th, 2018 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

I agree with James, the panels are not the problem, the panels produce more power than most other panels. I moved into a brand new home in Murrieta Ca, 4 months ago once Edison gave sun power the permission to activate the system it took the local company that installed the equipment several attempts to do so, finally after many calls the system was activated, by 10 am in producing 2 kWh by noon its 3 kWh by 1 pm in rocking 3.5 or better until 5 pm then it drops to about 3 kWh. My electric bill this month was $ 3.00 dollars that’s only because I didn’t have a full month of usage, also when I use the air conditioner I look at the meter and I’m still sending power to the grid, so far I’m a happy camper

S. Santos
April 12th, 2018 Irvine, CA DETAILS

After many months of researching what company to use for solar, I decided with SunPower. Not only with good reviews, but they have been in the solar business for many years, way before the solar got popular being installed in homes. They were already installing solar to big known companies. Unlike many solar companies out there now a days, anyone can install solar and when issues arise a few years from installation, they are nowhere to be found. Found a great sales person that was very knowledgeable with solar. He was the ONLY sales rep that I talked to (talked to many from diff companies) that actually had solar installed in his home, and through SunPower. He knew his stuff. He showed me (used my laptop and logged into his Edison account) and showed me that he has solar and how it works. He was the ONLY one that knew the answers to my questions on how solar works, billing, credits with edison, etc. He followed through on everything he promised. Installation went quick, all approvals went fast and we've had our solar going on 3rd year now and so far so good. I would definitely recommend SunPower. If I can only recommend my sales rep to everyone I would. Great guy!

Shawna
April 11th, 2018 San Gabriel, CA

The company sales was not professionally train. Limited English skill. I called to their manager in Rosemead office and she also was not helpful. So i switch to other dealer.

Ed De Leon
April 5th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

I have had SunPower solar system installed in my home and it has been approximately 5 years now. I have had no issues with my equipment or issues with Tucson Electric. They installed it with no problems and their customer service has been excellent. They answer all my questions in a timely manner and I am happy with my purchase.

Avi
March 29th, 2018 Alameda, CA DETAILS

Spectacularly poor service. We've had panels on our roof for months. They're completely unable to be activated. All I've received from SunPower so far are broken promises and updates that never come. When I get calls back, they've done no prep, have no updates, and seem to be completely clueless about how solar is activated. It's pretty nuts. I feel like you'd really have to try hard to be this unhelpful. I would never recommend working with them.

mary rodgers
March 29th, 2018 Pine Bush, NY DETAILS

Horrible Company NO cost savings , had them for 3 years . Barely made production and 3 year had a short fall. Cost me 1200 extra, so I think they sued for false advertisement. The lease is a ONE sided lease no benefits for the homeowner. Now I battling with them over the avalanche effect the snow has cause. Almost injured me and my dog. 3 later they tell me OH there is a $1500 sunguard they can install. How N.Y. doesn't mediate a snow guard is ridiculous . Danged my 10000 deck. They don't care , the lease make the home owner liable in every situation. They don't care about ANYTHING but collecting the lease payment. I've filled a complaint with the BBB , NYSERTA and gonna do NYS Dept of public service. Worst financial

Thomas J Prihoda
March 23rd, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

We got our solar system installed about one month ago. Its been great, its generated more than we used despite how cloudy it has been in San Antonio lately. The equiptment is outstanding, it was installed without a glitch as is working wonderfully.

John J. Smith
March 19th, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS

Warning to all those looking into the solar investment and dealing with Arizona Base Elite Solar concepts, Titan Solar and Corporate Sun Power. Yes they may have the highest efficient Solar panel product on the market but their Sales and Customer support has been nothing but a nightmare. Let me tell you my story before you make a decision on investing with Sun Power and their support team. My nightmare all started shortly have both parties signed a lease contract on Oct’17. A few weeks after the lease contract was signed, I received a call from Elite Solar Concepts stating that Sun Power accidently cancelled my contract, so we had to resign a new one. Well when they sent me a new contract I noticed that my monthly lease payment had increase and only after multiple phone calls did they finally get the contract payment back to the original agreement. Now we are in late Nov’17. Then I waited and when Jan’18 came around I finally had to make multiple calls to all three companies to finally find out that there was some issue with the drawings that the city had, and Elite Solar Concepts and Titan Solar had to redo and resubmit. They stated that this was going to be walk thru and everything should be back on track. Well again I waited to hear from Elite Solar/Titan Solar/ Sunpower on a installation date but nothing. So again, I had to make multiple calls to Elite Solar/Titan Solar/Sunpower to find out that there was some internal drawing issues and they had to do another Shade report. Well they came out the next day to do their shade report then once again every went quiet. Then the final hammer came down. I received and email from Sunpower and Elite Solar Concept stating I had to sign an amendment to the original signed contract because they overestimated the amount their system annual kWh could produce. After reviewing the drop in kWh from the original contract agreement I was still OK however I noticed that my Price Pre kW went up and my monthly Lease payment stayed the same. So I contracted Elite Solar Concept/Titan Solar/Sunpower stating I was OK with the drop in the annual kWh however I would think that my monthly Least payment would also go down. To my extreme shock they told me that Sunpower has gone thru price changes since my original Contract signing (Both partied agreed) and if I sign the amendment that I now have to pay the price difference. I challenged this response stating the I should be honor the original contract Price pre kw and my payment should lower due to their miss-calculation in what they original agree too in the signed contract. However, after venting my frustration with this, they answer was “Sorry, your out of luck”. Well it is now 6 months from the start of this whole project and I have no solar panel. My final message to anyone reading this is I only warning you of the potential frustration and head that you may encounter when dealing with Elite Solar Concepts, Titan Solar and Sunpower.

Mike Tierney
March 15th, 2018 DETAILS

First call was on December 18,2017. No return calls for weeks. Finally in late January they called and set up an appointment for March 5.. Crew arrived and could not finish the repairs/changes that were needed. Another apology and delay. Over that period 1/2 my panels were not performing. Another crew came and was also unable to get things right. Now I am still waiting. The last crew said that Sun Power would reimburse me for the lost generation. I won't hold my breath waiting for that check. Or for their next call. I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! Ironically, even with all the problems, our utility bills are under $3000/year as opposed to $8000 prior to the solar installation. Our payback is about 12 years vs the six year payback they proposed at sales time. Solar is still the right choice here in So CA. But Sun Power might not be your best choice for equipment.

Judy Marino
March 13th, 2018 Mineola, NY DETAILS

Purchased 12 panels from third party dealer Energy By Choice Northport, Long Island , NY. I have no complaints, From my initial phone call to finish was an good experience. Purchased outright, w/ the 25 yr. warranty for my home, produces the kilowatts it was designed to do. Pay $11.00 a month electric bill for utility access, and they pay me back $25.00 at the end of the cycle for overage. I make 1 payment of $110.00 for the year whats not to enjoy!!!

Richard
March 12th, 2018 Coarsegold, CA

These guys are total crooks I told them I wanted enough panels to cancel out the cooling system during the summer. the said 4 panels would do the job. so I paid $7000.00 AND THEY DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE. AND THEY WON'T COME BACK TO MAKE THE JOB RIGHT. WE WILL SEE WHATS RIGHT WHEN i SEE THEM IN COURT!!

Paul E. Boehm
March 7th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS

We have had a SunPower System installed for 3 years and we have nothing but outstanding comments to make. System has worked flawlessly and efficiently over the years meeting all our needs. Company salespeople and installers were just tremendous. SunPower provides routine daily and monthly monitoring with reports. System + panels are the best made in America. I can't say enough about the elimination of our energy bills and satisfying feeling of producing our own electricity. SunPower is just outstanding in service and equipment and staff!

Abundio Ramos
March 5th, 2018 Vacaville, CA DETAILS

This is my 3rd year working with Sun Power, last year I was shock when PGE pool over $800.00 from my account as a result of not enough power that I had requested originally they suggested 40 panels I requested more so it was added 5 more that should be more then enough will delivery 2500 KW. I replied I don't want to get a bill from PGE I was assure no bill will come, 1 cottage in my property is not in use yet . I just cant imagine , so I contacted Sun Power their suggestion add more panels or buy another system ? if had known this purchase is the way to go, do to the prices on energy cost . I inquiry about battery same company and they don't offer batteries backed. But they are in training to offer it soon. System works fine just did not delivery as promise . PANELS AMERICAN MADE ? I was told they are made in china it had sing on the panels. So I hope the ones been installed now are AMERICAN MADE.

Kenneth
March 2nd, 2018 Litchfield Park, AZ

I would have no problem recommending Sun Power to my family or friends. This company kept me updated step by step, and any inquiries that I had, they were answered in a timely manner, and still the price is right. Thank you Sun Power for your transparency and great service.

Livia S Shemansky
February 22nd, 2018 Altadena, CA DETAILS

We’ve had their panels on roof for over 3 years and they have never worked as advertised. Now they don’t work at all. Does the lemon law cover solar panels. They come out but never get it fixed.

Denise Squeri
February 15th, 2018 Staten Island, NY DETAILS

Do Not use this Solar Company. I have had them as as my Solar Company in a previous home with no problems. However in my new home I am Completely dissatisfied with the excuses they have given me. I am paying $264. a month on my lease, but also, up to $277, 198, 213, to my electric company. I have complained to NYSERDA which explained that many other companies will add a couple of panels if their math calculations were off. All Sun wants me to do is buy another system. BY the way FYI this company is in the Philippines, the glossy picture you get with the paperwork is a photo in the US.

Jeff Jannarone
February 5th, 2018 Belmar, NJ DETAILS

They absolutely fail at fixing their product in s timely fashion. They took 6 years to replace my failed system. Just in time for the 10 year warranty to expire. When the system works it is excellent. WHEN it works.

Kathleen Martin
February 5th, 2018 The Bronx, NY

Today 2/3/2018 my Solar System turns on! Very excited about this new venture. I cannot wait to see the savings. All the team at Sun Power is very professional, friendly and courteous. My experience is that from the sales representative is great; the way he explained the entire process from the beginning stage of the project to completion was on point. Some one always calls to follow up with the process and what the next step will be. I have to say I am very satisfied thus far. Again, I cannot wait to see the actual savings on paper. I will definitely update my review .about the service. I will definitely recommend Sunpower to my friends. Overall the experience is excellent! Kathleen M