Founded in 1992, SunPower is a solar company that prides itself on delivering reliable energy and long-term peace of mind for homeowners and businesses. The company is a pioneer in the industry and currently holds more than 750 patents for solar technology.

Known for manufacturing top quality, high efficiency solar panels that generate more power than conventional solar technologies and have a uniquely attractive, all-black appearance for itself and many other players in the industry, SunPower offers a few different options to help both residential and commercial consumers get started with renewable energy, but outsources most, if not all, of its projects to third-party solar installers.

Keep reading to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about SunPower, and check out SunPower reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available
  • High Efficiency Panels
  • Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production
  • Attractive Appearance
  • Compatible With Battery Storage
  • Online Monitoring
  • Lengthy Warranties

Purchase, Lease, and Loan Options Available

SunPower offers three different payment options for customers to choose from: solar leasing, purchasing with cash, and financing with a loan.

With the lease option, SunPower Capital owns the system and the customer rents the system from the company, requiring monthly payments. The lease comes with a 20-year performance guarantee, as well as easy options in case the customer needs to transfer the lease.

SunPower also offers outright purchase and financing options for customers interested in the tax credits and other incentives that come along with solar power ownership. Loan terms for solar systems typically range from 5 to 20 years and do not have any prepayment penalties attached.

The cost of a SunPower solar system ultimately depends on several factors, including current energy usage, available amount of unshaded roof space, the local utility’s net metering policy, and other factors. The easiest way to figure out exactly how much solar will cost you is to obtain a free quote from SunPower.

High Efficiency Panels

SunPower is on the cutting edge of solar technology and excels when it comes to innovation, design, and production of solar equipment, so customers can be confident that they will have high quality products on their homes.

In fact, SunPower makes the highest efficiency solar panels you can buy for your roof in today's market, and the company's solar cells are made of anti-reflective glass and coated with anti-reflective coating to ensure that they capture as much sunlight as possible.

Industry-Leading Solar Panel Energy Production

SunPower's X-Series solar panels excel in terms of power generation and deliver 44 percent more energy per watt than competitive products. This means that SunPower can provide more clean power for its customers' homes with fewer solar panels.

SunPower panels also boast 75 percent more energy per watt than conventional solar panels, meaning that an investment in a SunPower system will ultimately pay off more in the long run.

Additonally, SunPower panels maintain their energy production much better than conventional panels in partly-shaded conditions, making them a better rooftop solar option for customers who live in a cloudy region or a relatively shaded area.

Attractive Appearance

In addition to being highly efficient, SunPower's panels are uniquely attractive and aesthetically pleasing. While many other companies in the solar industry offer traditional blue photovoltaic panels, SunPower's panels are all black, which helps them to blend in better with the rooftop on many houses.

Compatible With Battery Storage

SunPower's panels are compatible with the Freedom CPAP Battery produced by Battery Power Solutions. When a SunPower module is installed along with this battery, customers will still have access to electricity in the event of a power outage.

Online Monitoring

Online monitoring is extremely important for customers who want to see what the panels on their roof are producing and ensure that everything is up to par.

SunPower offers a helpful, convenient app for customers to do just that. The app provides important system information such as power output, savings, energy usage over time, and environmental effects.

There is also a consumption monitoring kit that provides more information than the app for customers who would like a more in-depth way to monitor their system. The consumption monitoring kit is installed by the dealer, but may not be compatible with all homes.

Lengthy Warranties

SunPower offers multiple warranties to protect its customers' solar energy systems, including a 25-year product warranty, which covers the equipment itself, and a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation. The clean energy company also offers a 25-year performance warranty, which covers the customer in the event that their solar modules underperform in terms of electricity production and output.

The Bad

• No PPAs for Non-Commerical Buyers
  • Few In-House Installations
  • Customer Service Complaints

No PPAs for Non-Commercial Buyers

Many customers may be interested in obtaining a SunPower module through a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) because this payment method typically includes some kind of $0 down option, which eliminates a barrier to entry for them to go solar.

Unfortunately, SunPower only offers PPAs to commercial customers, so consumers who are interested in a PPA for their home solar system will not have much luck with this company.

Few In-House Installations

SunPower is performing installations itself in select areas of California; however, SunPower panels are available in the following 18 states through a network of dealers:

• Arizona
  • Oregon
  • Rhode Island
  • Texas
  • Utah

The dealer you choose will end up being your installer and customer care center for the life of the solar PV panels, which creates a bit of confusion as to who should be contacted (the dealer or SunPower) in the event that any issues occur.

Customer Service Complaints

Many users on our site have provided negative feedback in regards to SunPower's customer service.

Common complaints include difficulty to reach a representative, company failure to return phone calls, slow response time, and inability to resolve issues.

The Bottom Line

SunPower offers a number of payment options, some of the most efficient solar panels in the industry, online monitoring for its customers, and a lengthy workmanship and product warranty.

However, the company does not offer PPAs to residential customers and outsources most of its installations, making it confusing for customers to know who to contact if there is an issue.

3.7

DAVID REICHARDT
September 9th, 2019 Spokane, WA

No one showed up. Two appointment times, no one showed up!!!!

Sep 12, 2019

Hello Mr. Reichardt, I'm sorry that you have had that experience with us. We'd really like to look into this further. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your contact details, and I will have an executive service specialist reach out to you. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Wayne A Brodsky
September 9th, 2019 Ronkonkoma, NY DETAILS

6 years it's never produced a 11000 KW They said it would produce. Customer service is the worse!!!!

May 28, 2019

Hello Mr. Brodsky, We're sorry to hear that your expectations are not being met. Please expect a call from an Executive Service Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Paula Swartz
September 6th, 2019 Brevard, NC

The young man that came to our house was nice, polite and seemed informed. Why I am giving only 3 stars is that we requested a quote if we bought the unit outright and we never received it. We were not impressed with the company overall because of the lack of follow through.

Sep 19, 2019

Hi Paula, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the information you needed while doing your solar research. If you're still interested in SunPower, and we can help, please email me at [email protected]

Gary E Fletcher
September 4th, 2019 Roseburg, OR

Sun power is a better way to go. The backup system supporting the sun with the right storage of electricity enhances the program. Additionally wind power with the solar works well too.

mTo
September 4th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Just filled out the paperwork for a system and at this time I can say I thought the salesperson Doug seemed very knowledgeable about solar. We'll have to wait and see about the rest, as I have nothing else to go on at this time.

Jack
August 29th, 2019 Cupertino, CA DETAILS

Our SunPower system was installed by ProVoltz who at the time was a full service company for SunPower systems. In June the SunPower monitoring system failed to notify me or the company when it stopped generating power. Apparently the monitoring system has been designed with no ability to notify anyone about problems. I happened to notice a light that flashed amber periodically on the Inverter a couple of days after the failure. I followed up by checking to find we were not getting any power generation. I immediately called ProVoltz but after a couple of days I never received a call back from their office. I still had the cell number for the owner of ProVoltz and called him directly. Then I found out that he now only does sales and I must go to Sunpower directly for help. In the meantime I had found the inverter was displaying the message “Error! Int. Error E031”. With a few quick internet searches I learned this is a common failure mode with our model of inverter and it requires that the inverter must be replaced. My nightmare started as I began my journey with SunPower support. In my first call to the 800 help line the person answering did everything possible to try to send me back to ProVoltz. After 20 minutes with me insisting that the owner of ProVoltz told me my support must come from SunPower they finally opened a case and said someone would call to set up an appointment. In a couple of days a scheduler called and said the first available appointment would be a month later. When that appointment took place the technician spent 45 minutes to determine that the inverter needed to be replaced. One of the reasons everything takes so long is that the customer facing individuals don't seem to know much and have no authority to do anything. They are constantly calling someone else at every step to find out what to do next. I was then told that the replacement inverter had to be ordered and it would take three to four weeks for it to arrive. I waited a month and heard nothing. I have now called the help desk again and, only after asking to talk to the person's manager was I promised a call back from scheduling in a couple of days. I have lost two and one-half months of power generation in the most productive time of the year and I am still waiting. Clearly SunPower has no regard for their existing customers. This is the kind of service I expect on a $200 computer, not a $24,000 solar system.

Aug 30, 2019

Hi Jack, I apologize for the experience you've had with us. I would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in SunPower and provide a higher level of service going forward. When you have a moment, please send me a private message with your contact details.

Andrew Bond
August 28th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

So far I have appreciated the dedication and determination of the people that I have talked to.

Jim Clark
August 28th, 2019 Hayward, CA DETAILS

From the initial sales visit to the final installed product, SunPower is very professional. They got the job done well, and it is now up and powering our home! Very Pleased.

Elizabeth A
August 27th, 2019 Litchfield Park, AZ DETAILS

We had SunPower in our last home. Great customer service and friendly. We decided to go with SunPower again for our new home.

Tim Miller
August 27th, 2019 Naples, FL

The guy who contacted me evidently looked at older aerial photos of my house and informed me that there were trees which would need to be removed, so my house was not a good candidate for solar. I emailed him back and told him that the trees have already been removed and my roof gets lots of sun. He did not bother to reply. I am very disappointed with this company and its representative.

Aug 29, 2019

Hi Tim, thanks for your feedback. I'd really like to look into this further. When you have a moment, please send me a private message with your contact details and I will have a sales associate follow-up with you. I look forward to speaking with you!

Walter Nealy
August 23rd, 2019 Angier, NC

I really like Gabe he treated me with great concern about my house going solar

John Bills
August 23rd, 2019 Ladera Ranch, CA DETAILS

Great job from quotation to turn on, excellent

Andrew Robinson
August 22nd, 2019 Newington, CT DETAILS

Sunpower is the best choice that I have made. I am running my air-conditioning in 3 rooms and I am only paying less than $100.00 per month thanks to Sunpower. In fact they are only covering 75% of my home due to my neighbor trees partially blocked.

Sara
August 22nd, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS

I had a wonderful experience with SunPower. Their customer service was great and Damian was so helpful throughout the process!

Don
August 21st, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS

We have been promised a status update from you since 8/15/2019. You left me a message on Friday to call you get a status update and to understand my concerns. You ask for a call back time and phone number which I gave you in a returned call. The information I left went to your voice mail because you didn't accept the call. I followed up later in the day and was told you left for the day. I was assured you would call on Monday. It is now 1:30 PM and no call. Sunpower has known for over a month that our system was not performing to specifications based on the monitoring you do daily. I called you immediately upon receiving last months production report. The response I got was boiler plate response - shading of the panels and dirty panels. Neither would cause NO PRODUCTION ( that's 0 production) for days at a time. We expect you to be as concerned about the lack of production as I am. Obviously that is an erroneous assumption. Please give me your plan and schedule for bringing our system to within specified production levels. Don

Daniel Steinhauet
August 20th, 2019 Sonoma, CA DETAILS

Very good experience from the Sales person, Project Manager and Installers.

Patty
August 20th, 2019 Stockton, CA

Our experience was good. They answered all of our questions. I would recommend them to anyone.

Marie
August 20th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I love the way they were fast and efficient, the work was quick, the people friendly and the paperwork was easy to understand

Benjamin Burnett
August 20th, 2019 Plainville, CT DETAILS

Excellent service from point of sale though the installation. Very professional crew and beautiful installation.

Sheila Williams
August 20th, 2019 New London, CT

They went above and beyond to help me with the instillation of solar panels. The staff was amazing.

Michael Parham
August 20th, 2019 Ladera Ranch, CA

Very easy and informative about the whole process also, very transparent about timing for the utility to turn on the power.

Ellen Randall
August 20th, 2019 Lady Lake, FL DETAILS

I conducted extensive research and found SunPower to be the best option for solar panels. They are great to work with and will go the extra mile.

Savita G
August 16th, 2019 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

Am up and running to produce solar energy for just a week so far, and my easy to follow online monitoring system tells me how much energy the panels are producing, kind of cool! My account rep at SunPower Jessica E, was very quick to respond to questions I had with regard to the installation. The entire installation team from the guy who first came out to inspect the roof all the way to final installation was very professional and quick in follow up! Jordan the Sales Agent also was very prompt in providing information and follow up including a providing a contact for roofing company that prepared to roof to be ready for solar installation (that was optional, we didn't really need to do that). So far my experience with SunPower is only good! and I would highly recommend their services. thank you

Jeremy
August 14th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

Bruce is excellent! Great service, punctual, and informative.

clark
August 14th, 2019 Santee, CA DETAILS

There customer service number is a answering machine . they never call back.Have to chat online when you can get a hold of them . There monitoring system is terrible it goes off line .ITS been 3 week had a day for them to show up and they did not show up not even a call .So now i'm back to the chat and have to wait another 48 hours but they won't call me all ready tried this step.So if your looking for good customer service this is the wrong place.If you don't believe me try calling there customer service number or go online and try to chat with somebody good luck.

Aug 17, 2019

Hello Mr. Clark, I'm sorry to hear your expectations have not been met. I would like to look into this matter further. Please be expecting a all from an Executive Service Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback. Thank you.

Mr. & Mrs. Frank Recchia
August 13th, 2019 DETAILS

I am so disgusted with sun power since November of 2018 we have been going back and forth between them and power overhaul when they first installed the panels they had to remove one and he Plugged the holes with silicone a year later the silicone didn’t hold up and I have a Hugh leak on my ceiling and down my wall they sent some one again and he put silicone to plug up the holes my husband is a contractor and no dummy he said he wanted them to replace the shingles which never happened and all we get from sun power that the problem is fixed as far as I’m concerned it is not fixed the right way it’s only a bandaid for the time being we put on a brand new roof before they installed the solar panels and now they reined my roof

Aug 17, 2019

Hello Mr. Recchia, I am discouraged to hear of your negative experience. Providing excellent customer service is our main goal. I would like to look into this matter further. Please be expecting a all from an Executive Service Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback. Thank you.

Michael Tyler
August 11th, 2019 Durham, NC

They were honest and told me that my house would not be a good candidate for solar.

john
August 8th, 2019 Kingsburg, CA DETAILS

Our solar has been down going on two months. we've been told by the contractor that Sunpower would be contacting us directly to send a person out figure out why the system is not producing. That was two weeks ago. After one week of not hearing from them, I called them. I was told I would be receiving a call and now its been two weeks and still nothing. I am now paying for a system that doesn't work and also a PG&E bill.

Aug 10, 2019

Hello John, I am discouraged to hear of your negative experience. Providing excellent customer service is our main goal. I would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in SunPower. Please send me a private message with your contact information and I will have an executive service specialist reach out to you for further assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Rupin
August 7th, 2019 Brentwood, CA DETAILS

My experience with SunPower getting my home solar set up from start to end was seamless. Ian, my sales consultant; Jessica, my project coordinator, and everyone who participated in installing the system were great partners. The quality of the system has been great so far, and I look forward to having the system produce as much energy as SunPower promised all the way through. To anyone who may be looking at getting home solar, I can’t recommend SunPower enough!

g r dion
August 5th, 2019 Bristol, CT DETAILS

REally good except I expected a little follow up which has not happened

Aug 05, 2019

Hello Mr. Dion, We're glad you're happy with your SunPower system. We would be happy to answer any of your follow-up questions. Feel free to send us a private message so we may better assist you.

Misty
August 5th, 2019 Saddle Brook, NJ DETAILS

We began our 20 year Sun Power lease in 2012 and were initially very pleased with it. However, during the last two years we became concerned with the production of the system and contacted the company. We were told that the system was operating well and that the production level fell within the guaranteed ranges, so there was no problem. We saw, however, that there was an erratic pattern of efficiency and we thought that the system should be checked on site. In spite of many requests, both by phone and by email, this was never done. Now, in the midst of one of the hottest summers in recent years (multiple 100+ days,) all the electricity to our house shut down at least five times within two weeks. Initially, we were told by PSEG that the problem was caused by our SunPower system and that if it continued we needed to contact them. My husband contacted SunPower Customer Service and was told that we would have to contact either our local power company or an electrician to check the box and troubleshoot the situation. Then, if the problem was determined to be theirs, they would send someone. When my husband said that the local company had already been here and said that SunPower needed to come, they gave him the number of the local affiliate (Solar Energy World) who had initially installed the system. We called twice and have no idea whether anyone has received the message, although I did indicate that we had almost an emergency situation since there was no electricity at all in the house when a shut down occurs. The number connected us to a voice message requesting simply that we leave a name and phone number. (It is now four days later and we still have received absolutely NO RESPONSE from Solar Energy World.) In searching for that company online in an attempt to find other means of contacting someone, I came across this Best Company site. When I saw that Sun Power was listed as one of the most desirable companies to use for solar energy, I began to go through the reviews which had been written. In doing so, I found two in which a Kari had left her email address and told the person writing the review to contact her. I used that email address and explained the whole situation. Within a half hour, I had a return email from Kari in which she told me that she had forwarded our situation to Sun Power's Austin office. Within about another hour, I had a phone call from Erica from that office. In the meantime, we had contacted an electrician friend to come and take a look at things. He determined that the problem was NOT due to our SunPower system, but that PSEG needed to come back and evaluate it. (The problem was that the circuit breakers in the box were not tightened properly, resulting in damage to the insulation on the wires in the box.) Both Kari and Erica followed up with us via email and Erica also called again to make sure that the problem was being taken care of. As a result of her action and followup and that of Erica, I have modified both the ratings and the review which I originally posted. However, some of my concern still remains. For a major solar energy company like SunPower to refuse to troubleshoot their equipment (the response which my husband received when he called) is not only unsatisfactory and disturbing, but also potentially dangerous. For a local affiliate not to respond at all is also unsatisfactory, disturbing and potentially dangerous. Because I have the contact information for both Kari and Erica, I am hopeful that there will be no future problems should we need customer service assistance from SunPower again. However, I only have that information because I happened to come across it. There is no contact information provided directly by the company which results in real customer service in the event that someone needs it. In order for my rating of SunPower to go any higher, I would need to have a radically different response when I make a phone call regarding efficiency of the panels or a potential problem with the system.

Aug 01, 2019

Hello Misty, I'm sorry to hear of your situation. It is our understanding that you have discovered that faulty wiring in the meter is the reason for the power outage. We are glad that you were able to discover the resolution. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.

Mark King
August 1st, 2019 Litchfield Park, AZ

They never got back to me.... As a result I am going with SunRun...

Aug 01, 2019

Hello Mark, I'm sorry to hear your expectation have not been met. I was reviewing our database and we do not have any record of your account. We'd really like to look into this further. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your contact details. I would be happy to have our sales team reach out to you. We truly appreciate your business and your time.

edna gonzalez
July 29th, 2019 Bound Brook, NJ DETAILS

This is the worst solar company, promising our bill would be almost to nothing from the electric company and its not, I'm pay the same or more with the solar panel. Company doesn't honor the contract, neither did they put the correct amount to sustain the usage. Do not use them at all.

Aug 01, 2019

Hello Mrs Gonzalez, I’m sorry to hear that your expectations have not been met. We'd really like to look into this further. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

FreuMa
July 24th, 2019 Oakley, CA DETAILS

I would have like to give 4 1/2 stars, but there was no option. The half star would be because at times it is challenging to communicate with the team. I've started looking to get Solar installed to my in December 2018. After reaching out to several different Solar companies, and being declined by them (I live most of the year alone and my average electricity bill is about $75), because my business was not worth their effort, I found information about SunPower on the AAA membership vendor site, also promising a $1000 rebate, when installation is done. SunPower was the only one of two companies that were interested in my installation, saying it's not about how much money they make but how much money I can save and the environmental benefit. I really liked that approach and, after getting a lot of information and reading up some more, I've signed with SunPower (OK, I admit, the $1000 AAA rebate was also on my mind...). After signing the contract and the loan, the SunPower team took it from there and took care of any paperwork and approval needed for the installation and system. Panels seem to be hot commodity and setting the installation date took longer than I've expected, but it was just a matter of time. The installation team was AMAZING. On time, very professional and friendly, they informed me about everything they will do and is happening. The thing that impressed me the most was, they've asked me if I still have some of the color my house is painted in. My home is still rather new, so I do. The installation team didn't only do a very clean job, they've also painted all of the lines and connections, anything running around the house wall in exactly the colors of the wall. Even when the lines ran over an area where the color changed, they've painted exactly the fitting color. Thanks to that, it's hard to see anything on the outside of my house. Looking at my neighbours Solar installation, where the lines and connections are white, silver or black running all along the house, I am still thrilled that my home is so clean installed. Shortly after the installation I was visited by a wonderful customer service guy, who made sure my app is set up and works, explained to me how my PG&E bill will change, what won't change and how it works over the year. He is also my contact, should I have any issues with my panels. Now comes the part where 1 star was missing to my 5 star rating. Since I've contacted SunPower via AAA, I qualify for the rebate. Since I of course had no idea how that works, I've mentioned and asked about that every time, with every person I spoke. Nobody knew from the tip of their head, but everybody nodded, promised to look into this and get back to me asap - nobody ever did. At one point I've learned that the sales guy, whom I met in December, has left the company and a new, very nice sales guy reached out to me, checking up if everything is set up and working well. Again, I've asking him how the rebate works, what I need to do, what to submit to whom. He said he'll look into this and get back to me - never did. I've reached out to many (very nice!) internal and external employees, pretty much anybody I could get a hold of. But nobody could help me, nobody got back to me. This went on from March to July - MAN, was I annoyed! So, I've decided to go the other way around and reached out to AAA, asking them for help. After all, they are the one advertising the rebate. This time it worked!!! And here is where I got happily back to a 5 star rating. AAA helped me and quickly got me in contact with the right person (Alex B - whom I can't thank enough!) and after 4 month of running in circles, he was not only able to help me what it takes and what I need to do, everything has been approved within 1 1/2 weeks!!! :) I have also recommended SunPower to a friend of mine. She is now waiting for her installation and thanks to Alex, I'm also already in contact with the right person at SunPower to get the referral bonus. I recommend SunPower highly to anybody who asks me. Besides of the rebate issue in between, I've had a great experience with them. They are very responsive and it is very easy to communicate with them. And the clean way the panels have been installed and even more so, the lines and connections are nicely integrated to my house is just wonderful.

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for your comments! Glad you're overall happy with your system and installation, and we'll be sure to pass along that feedback.

Chris B
July 23rd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

We own solar panels from SunPower. All was good until it wasn’t. Suddenly the panels stopped working and we were given no notification. The company monitors the panels and the SunPower app on the phone could easily notify the customer that there is a problem. Any app can do that. So we found out by chance when we looked at the box in the garage that shows how much electricity is being generated that there was no production. We looked at the app on the phone and after logging in we saw that our system had been down for over 10 days. . Now the fun part starts: Trying to contact customer service. First of all, customer service is in the Philippines and not very helpful. They noted the problem and said they would have someone contact us. Well, to make a long story short: Nobody ever called back, we called at least 4 times and they kept telling us that they need a part (an “optimiser”, whatever that is) which is on back order. How did they know that without having been here and troubleshoot the problem? Now it has been almost 6 weeks that our panels are not producing electricity (month of June and July in California!) and there is no sign that the repair will be done any time soon. We keep calling and NOTHING gets done. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! I don’t even want to think how much money we have lost by not being able to produce electricity during the sunniest and longest days of the year in California!! We are furious. We spent a lot of money when we purchased these panel and had no idea that customer service would be so bad, inefficient and disorganised. The company DOESN’T CARE!! Horrible experience.

Jul 24, 2019

Hello Chris, I am very sorry that you have had that experience with us. We take your feedback very seriously. I would really like the opportunity to restore your faith in SunPower. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your contact details, and I will have a member of our executive service team contact you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We truly value your business.

Cookie Longaacre
July 23rd, 2019 Corona, CA DETAILS

First of all, I don't understand how any this works, but I guess I don't really need to. I do feel, however, that I am paying more money now than before. I've been with SunPower for three years and at the end of each year I still have to pay Edison over $100. I also have to pay a small amount throughout the year so I didn't save any money by going solar. It helps the environment, but it sure doesn't save me any money.

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully you've called us at 1-800-SunPower so we can look into how much energy your system is producing.

Linda Fuller-Houston
July 23rd, 2019 Hamden, CT

The workers were very professional and seemed to have knowledge of the work that they had to complete. I didn't expect the start-to- finish to take as long as it did. At one point I was getting frustrated and somewhat disappointed with SunPower. At last, things worked out.

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for choosing SunPower, Linda. Sorry to hear there were delays, as normally the process takes an average of two months, but glad to hear everything worked out.

Monique
July 23rd, 2019 Dixon, CA

Arrived on time and explained how to use system thoroughly along with providing great customer service.

Aug 05, 2019

Congrats on going solar Monique!

Jeanmichel daniel
July 23rd, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS

Overall my experience with sun power was disappointing. I really like the product but not too happy on the follow up.

Aug 05, 2019

We're glad you are happy with your system, Jeanmichel. Please reach out to us via private message so we can answer any of your follow-up questions.

kitty tanguay
July 23rd, 2019 Vincentown, NJ

very professional and will answer all qestions

Paul Starrs
July 22nd, 2019 El Cerrito, CA

A superb product and the installation was equal to that -- efficient, patient when we had to travel for a couple of days, and the results are quite lovely -- AND productive. It was a small job (a large house, but small electricity use), but the results were really good, and we're regularly generating 135 to 180 percent of the power we consume. (Of course, this is summer; it'll be less in winter, and they were careful to hold the total production over the course of a year near 90% of our use.) The folks in Austin (Jess); the installers (Julani and his crew), the SunPower installation inspector (Connor), and the original sales person (Jensen) were each exemplary. Bravo!

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you Paul! Congrats on going solar and on making so much clean energy this summer.

Don H.
July 22nd, 2019 Richmond, CA DETAILS

Easy to work with in the planning stages. Great coordination with the City for Permit Inspections. Smooth, clean installation. The only delay was PG&E's acceptance and connection which SunPower had no control over. Plus, all is working well and meeting my needs.

Aug 05, 2019

Thanks for choosing SunPower, Don!

Arek Puzia
July 22nd, 2019 Walnut Creek, CA DETAILS

Great service and installation. The team was on time and did a great job.

Aug 05, 2019

Congrats on your new solar system, Arek!

Happy Customer
July 22nd, 2019 Grimes, CA DETAILS

Excellent service and product; happy with results.

Christo Tonev
July 22nd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

They have very high quality products and their installation service is great.

Thank you Christo!

K L
July 19th, 2019 Castro Valley, CA

The majority of the team, sales, installation, and project management, are very professional and helpful. The overall process was simple and the team kept me informed all the way. The only reason I gave it 4-star instead of 5 is because of the inspection coordinator's action. He did not make contact with me to schedule/coordinate the inspection date/time in advance. He e-mailed me at 6PM the night before city inspection and expected me to be available the next morning at 8AM.

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for choosing SunPower, KL. We apologize for that short notice on your inspection time. Please let us know if you need anything further.

∫Bradley Smith
July 19th, 2019 Summerfield, NC

Your sales person did reasonable job He took a little too long to get back to us and interest had cooled off. The price is too high and payback is impossible. It looks like your price would have been OK BUT looks like you added the rebate on your price voiding any help it would have been!

Jul 22, 2019

Hello Mr. Smith, I'm sorry to hear your experience with one of our third party dealers, did not meet your expectation. When you have a moment please send me a private message with your contact information. I can have one of our inside sales team members reach out to you. They may be able to provided additional options for you. We truly value your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you. Thank you!

Viengboupha Sabandith
July 19th, 2019 Hurst, TX

Great services, I recommend this company for the best.

Clayvon Countryman Jr
July 19th, 2019 Tolland, CT

I’m impressed with the panels provide and we have noticed a huge savings. Everyone from the beginning of the project to the end. Kept us we informed as the steps happened. Thank You.

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for choosing SunPower and congrats on saving money by switching to clean solar energy.

Kathy Sugar
July 18th, 2019 Pawcatuck, CT DETAILS

One issue we have had is a company that I believe Sunpower outsources, keeps canceling an appointment for a yearly check on the equipment. Feels like maybe they will be here when it is two years old!!!