Megaphone Icon

Solar Spectrum and Horizon Solar have merged under the Sungevity family.

In April 2018, both companies officially rebranded as Sungevity. Read more about the merger and rebrand.

With so many solar energy companies out there, it can be difficult to know which one provides the most value for you as a consumer. That's why we've done the hard research—so you don't have to.

We've weighed the pros and the cons and found Sungevity to be one of the top solar installers in the industry. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Sungevity, as well as view Sungevity reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Several Financing Options
  • Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool
  • Customized Solar Solutions
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Informative Mobile App
  • Highly Rated Customer Service

Several Financing Options

Sungevity offers several solar financing options, which means that taking advantage of renewable energy and obtaining a home solar system through Sungevity is possible for customers of all budgets.

With Sungevity's solar lease, solar loan, and PPA payment options, solar homeowners can begin saving on their electricity bill for zero to little down. Each of these options comes with 24/7 system monitoring, a 20-year manufacturer warranty on the panels, and a 20-year system warranty that encompasses the solar inverter and workmanship.

For customers who are looking for the solar power plan with the most long-term savings, buying the system outright is probably the best option. Customers cover the cost of the system and solar panel installation upfront, but then they own the system and reap the long-term rewards.

Helpful Remote Solar Design Tool

Sungevity's proprietary Remote Solar Design tool allows customers to get a personalized quote quickly without having to crawl around on the roof.

After answering a few questions over the phone with a Sungevity rep, the Remote Solar Design tool can view the roof of the customer's home, track the amount of sunlight that hits their house, and give them an accurate picture of how their solar panels will look and function.

Remote Solar Design can also show customers how much they are going to save with each payment option the solar company offers.

Customized Solar Solutions

As a solar panel installer, Sungevity doesn't believe in cookie-cutter solar solutions. As a result, the company's professional advisors custom design every solar power system to meet the needs and budget of the customer.

Sungevity uses sleek black-on-black solar panels and low-impact mounting hardware, and each of its solar energy systems is designed to accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, such as EV chargers, so customers can add those features now or in the future.
Lengthy Warranties

Sungevity offers a number of different warranties to ensure that its customers and their solar energy systems are taken care of.

The solar company provides a 20-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels, inverter, and other equipment; a 25-year performance warranty, which guarantees a certain level of energy output; and a 20-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation.

Informative Mobile App

With the Sungevity mobile app, customers have information about their solar system at their fingertips. Whether customers have an Android or an iOS device, the Sungevity app allows them to track how much energy their solar panels are producing and how much power they are using from anywhere in the world.

In addition to giving customers the ability to monitor their solar systems, the Sungevity app lets users contact customer service and earn rewards by referring friends and family through the app.

Highly Rated Customer Service

The Sungevity reviews on our site, which have been submitted by real customers, shed some light on the company's business practices and praise the solar provider for its customer service. Consumers are saying that Sungevity's customer service team is professional, helpful, and quick to reply to questions and requests.

Sungevity also offers helpful options for clients who need to move before the contract terms have expired, including assigning the energy plan to the new homeowner; prepaying the remaining payments and assigning the non-financial obligations to the new homeowner; and purchasing the remaining time on the lease, terminating the lease, and asking the company to remove the system.

Considering switching to clean energy with Sungevity?

The Bad

• Lack of Site Information
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Site Information

Sungevity has a lack of solar system information available on its website. While a basic explanation of each system component is provided, more technical specifications of the system are nowhere to be found.

Sungevity's FAQ section is sparse and does little to fully educate consumers on the value the company has to offer, and its website lacks a live chat option, which could provide quick and easy access to important company information.

Limited Availability

Sungevity is currently only available in California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Colorado. This limits the number of customers who have the opportunity to receive a solar installation from Sungevity.

The Bottom Line

Sungevity, which is one of the top installers in the solar industry, is a highly recommended option for consumers who are considering a rooftop solar system to look into. If you live in one the states it covers, Sungevity's multiple financing options, proprietary Remote Solar Design tool, insightful Sungevity app, and top-notch customer service are hard to beat.

Angel

August 7th, 2020 Lake Elsinore, CA

I have nothing but great things to say about Sungevity. They were absolutely amazing and were proficient even with COVID-19. Karla M our project coordinator Was amazing made the process easy and answered all my questions. Would definitely recommend!

Aug 07, 2020

Hi Angel, Thank you for taking some time to leave us feedback about your experience with us and specifically Karla! COVID-19 has definitely made things tough but we have continued to work hard to still deliver our customers the best experience in the industry. We are glad to have you as part of our family! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Murphy Duncan

March 10th, 2020 , CO

My experience with Sungevity was excellent. My project coordinator Rosa T was so knowledgeable in every aspect of the process. She answered all my questions and communicated with me before and after each scheduled appointment. The transparency made my wife and I very comfortable. If anyone is looking to go solar, I recommend Sungevity to handle all your solar needs.

Mar 17, 2020

Hi Murphy, We are glad to hear things went so well with Rosa and your installation process. We know how important communication is with these projects and it sounds like she handled that very well. Thank you for the wonderful review! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager

Vanessa Huerta

November 21st, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After getting several bids from different companies, we decided to go with this one. Our sales rep Steve was great, and our project manager Karla M was phenomenal. She kept me updated every step of the way and answered any questions I had.

G A

November 13th, 2020 Winchester, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Second system installed and Project manager Sherril T did a great job keeping me informed and up to date on progress. She was also available to answer any questions I had throughout the process. This company was far more engaged than our initial installation two years ago. My solar advisor Jason L was also monumental in planning and execution of the system. I would call him to get started with the process. Very helpful and straight forward.

Tom E

November 9th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I experienced some frustration initially as I was trying to get an installation done in the middle of Covid Crisis 2020 and my Sungevity rep changed four times during the process. Eventually I was assigned to Sherril T. She did a good job of keeping me in the loop with regard to the process and progress of the permitting and such. (Permitting still the worst part of the process....how does it take my city a month to approve panels up on a roof??) She was also good about "one off" requests. Overall, I was ultimately satisfied with the whole process (at least from Sungevity's side, hence the five star rating). They did what they said they would do, at the price they quoted me, and their contractors showed up on time and did a good job.

Samuel I.

November 5th, 2020 Corona, CA

Sherril T at Horizon Solar did a wonderful job for my project. She responded to all the emails and provided me all up-to-date information on a continuous basis. She was very professional and courteous throughout the entire process and was a pleasure to work with.

Debbie Abramson

November 4th, 2020 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Things took a bit longer than planned because of the pandemic, but honestly, Sherill T did an amazing job of keeping me informed and updated throughout the whole process. She was always able to answer my questions and I felt supported through everything. Everything went smooth and my solar panels are up and running. I would highly recommend Sungevity.

Amy Cooper

October 2nd, 2020 Hemet, CA

Ever since Sherrill T took over communication with us, she has been awesome. She communicated with us promptly, provided us with updated information, and personally took over ensuring our solar and skylights project was completed.

Oct 20, 2020

Hey Amy, Thank you for your positive feedback! If there is ever anything that we can do to assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team @ [email protected] and we will be more than happy to help.

Brad Pavia

September 24th, 2020 ,

Sungevity did a pretty good job. If it wasn't Justina F, My review would have been not a good. I know the Covid Situation had a big part to play in the time it took to Install the equipment, but it took about 8 months to be completed. Our City and the Building Inspectors had a big negative impact on getting this done quicker, as well. However, Justina took over our account and handled us with Kid gloves after going through multiple Account mangers in the beginning. Thank you Justina! We could not have done it without you. So far the euipment is up a running and we are now Off the Grid" so to speak.

Sep 28, 2020

Hello Brad, Thank you for providing your honest feedback. It has been a crazy year and we have been working hard to navigate. I am pleased to hear your wonderful feedback on our Project Manager Justina. If there is anything I can do to help turn your experience into 5 stars please don't hesitate to reach out! Michelle Steffani Sr. Mgr or Customer Experience [email protected]

Lorraine Johnson

September 21st, 2020 Selma, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have no rating for this company. This company sends a great person to tell and teach you every aspect and detail about solar and their company. We purchased and installers damaged my roof. They sent a repair guy he did repairs But, my roof still leaks and i have mold and will have to repaint and replace the ceiling wood, closet walls, pole, carpet and not sure what else. Phone call after phone call To no avail no one calls us back. Very much disappointed they get you to buy and no one wants to help after that, almost makes me regret purchasing. I wish i knew how to fix all this stuff myself too old to be climbing roofs. Anyone out there that can help me? my name is Lorraine my husband is Lamont.

Afsha Vakil

September 15th, 2020 South Gate, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sherril was great. Customer service and product are excellent

Sep 28, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your customer service and our product. I will be sure to share this feedback with Sherril. Michelle Steffani Sr. Mgr or Customer Experience [email protected]

Diamon Sena

September 12th, 2020 Wildomar, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sheryl was a real pleasure......would recommend to anyone

Sep 28, 2020

Thank you for providing feedback on your solar project and working with your Project Manager Sherril. I will be sure to share this info with her. Michelle Steffani Sr. Mgr or Customer Experience [email protected]

Duncan Speel

September 8th, 2020 Lowell, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not a good experience at all! My solar panels have been sitting on my roof after being installed for a month and not able to be used because Sungevity did not follow up on obtaining the proper permits. Also, after 4 emails and five phone calls over a weeks time- I have not heard back. Very frustrating. I will not be recommending Sungevity.

Rodney C. Drew, Sr.

September 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve not been previously contacted as to whether or not my system is running, maintenance,...

Sep 04, 2020

Hello Rodney, I am very sorry to hear this! I have reached out to you directly and will ensure our team works with you to help go over any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to turning your experience around. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Bill Ortez

September 4th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Even though it’s in the time of Covid nine teen they managed to do it as smooth as they could and it was greatly appreciated how to cook the survey survey for the solar then tried

Sep 04, 2020

Hey Bill, Thanks for the awesome 5 star review! Don't hesitate to ever get us a ring or shoot us an email if any questions or concerns come up. Happy solar! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Gary

September 3rd, 2020 Torrance, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great Customer service Shari is awesome to work with and will continue to working on sending referrals.

Sep 28, 2020

Hello Gary, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback and experience working with Shari. I will be sure to send this wonderful review to her and thank you for continuing to work on sending referrals. Michelle Steffani Sr. Mgr or Customer Experience [email protected]

Sab

September 2nd, 2020 Boardman, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Justina F, our project coordinator, did a awesome job to make Solar panel installation process seamless by coordinating several other parties and promptly solved the issues. She engaged her management in-timely manner to speedup process. Because of her, we are recommending Sungevity to our family and friends.

Sep 04, 2020

Hi Sab, I am so glad to hear that Justina took such wonderful care of you! I will pass your feedback on to her manager to ensure she gets the recognition she deserves. When you tell your friends and family about us, don't forget we have the industry best referral program. Thanks again for the great feedback! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Kevin Wacaster

September 1st, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the third party company they sent to install. put a hole in my roof and i have used roofing nails everywhere. Whats holding my shingles on ??Cant get a return phone call from them.

Sep 01, 2020

Hello Kevin, I am sorry to hear that you have concerns with your roof and trash left behind. I will reach out to you directly and will also immediately follow up with our team to help get this addressed right away for you. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Ludwig

September 1st, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Slow process, no follow up with homeowner, installer, utilities

Sep 01, 2020

Hello Ludwig, I am sorry to hear you have had a poor experience. I recognize that communication is extremely important and I am sorry to hear we dropped the ball there. I have sent you a private message to get more details for you and to see how we can turn your experience around. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Brad Barefoot

August 31st, 2020 Lakeside, CA

Install was occurring during the stay at home order, so it was difficult to get SDG&E and the city aligned, but my coordinator, Justina F, kept pushing, so I could have my panels turned on in time for the hotter part of the summer. Which is great being able to offset some of the cost of running the A/C

Sep 01, 2020

Hello Brad, So happy to hear of your positive experience and glad to hear your are up and producing for these hot summer months. I will be sure to share with Justina your wonderful feedback. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Michelle Steffani Sr. Manager Customer Experience [email protected]

Scott Pyle

August 29th, 2020 San Clemente, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had a great experience with Sungevity and our project coordinator, Shari R. They met or exceeded all of our expectations!

Aug 31, 2020

Hi David, Thank you for sharing. Its wonderful hearing your great experience. I will be sure to let Shari know the 5 star feedback. Michelle Steffani Sr. Manager Customer Experience [email protected]

David Kinder

August 27th, 2020 Irvine, CA

I spoke with Reina W about an inverter question and she was very helpful and informative. She answered all my questions and provided great customer service.

Aug 31, 2020

Hi David, Thank you for the 5 star review. So happy to hear it was a positive experience and that Shari was able to assist. Michelle Steffani Sr. Manager Customer Experience [email protected]

bryant

August 26th, 2020 Chester, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with Sungevity for just over a year. Although they boast about the size of their company, I suspect there are very few employees. The work on our system was contracted out to a 3rd party. When I inquired why the solar generation is less then their guarantee they informed me that some parts were recalled (they never notified me prior to my inquire) and set a team over to replace the defects. This year the production is even worse. I have invested over $70,000 with this company to become more eco-conscious but I believe I chose the wrong company. I have emailed the company 3 times asking for help regarding the poor solar production. My emails have gone unanswered. My hope is that there is a problem with email system so I have felt forced to employ social media to ask for a response from the company. Not happy - production is off 30% from expected

Aug 26, 2020

Hello Bryant, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very sorry to hear you have had trouble getting in touch with the team and I really want to get resolution for you. Will you please email me at my email address listed below with the details of what has taken place as well as the property address where you have solar installed? I will take action on this for you right away. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Rick Ludwig

August 24th, 2020 Texarkana, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down
starstarstarstarstarstar

Initial customer support poor during the installation process. Was left in the dark regards progress. Very hard to contact reps.

Aug 26, 2020

Hi Rick, I am sorry to hear you had a hard time getting through to us. It has been a crazy year and we have been working hard to navigate. Thanks for the feedback. If there is anything I can do to help turn your experience into 5 stars please don't hesitate to reach out! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Jomo Lemoth

August 24th, 2020 Hemet, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process was easy and I was kept informed the entire process

Aug 26, 2020

Hi Jomo, Thank you for the 5 star review. It is great to hear you had a wonderful experience. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Silvana Radulescy

August 17th, 2020 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor customer service. Very sketchy company

Aug 19, 2020

Hello Silvanna, I am very sorry to hear you had a less than stellar experience. I would love to learn more about what went wrong and see if we can learn from our mistakes and help make things right for you. Please send me an email at my address listed below and I will do what I can to help out with your project. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Caroline Coronel

August 8th, 2020 Santa Ana, CA

Alex represents your company brand very well. He is friendly and professional and was able to answer my questions quickly so he clearly understands the product. He gave me time to do my own research but followed up when he said that he would. I especially appreciated his lack of pressure. He had answers to my challenges but never made me feel obligated or backed into a corner. What a great experience.

Aug 10, 2020

Hi Caroline, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience with Alex. I have passed your feedback on to ensure he gets the recognition he deserves. We are so glad you reached out to us in your search for a solar energy provider. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Alex, myself or any of the Sungevity team for assistance moving forward. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

USAMA HALIM

August 3rd, 2020 Oakland, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought the system it should generate 17000hwh a year but it generates less than half the expected power as per their monitoring system and PG&E bill. I tried many times to contact them but no response

Aug 03, 2020

Hi Usama, We are sorry to hear that your system is having an issue. After troubleshooting with SolarEdge we have found that it is producing as designed however there is a known issue with the monitoring function of your system. We have a work order opened with our service partner and plan to be to your household soon to address. Please expect to hear from us shortly with a scheduling update. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly in our open email thread or by telephone if there is anything else I can do to further assist you. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Tom

July 9th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My parents are going solar with this company and I have been communicating with their project managers to help keep them out of it. We had a few issues up front but once Blake got involved things have been great. I am happy with the final product he helped us get. He took a lot of time to explain things to me in a way that not only I would understand but also my parents. I hope he will project management my house when I am ready to go green.

Jul 29, 2020

Hello Tom, Thank you for choosing us as your solar provider. I am glad we were able to connect so I could help you get your system online. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns moving forward. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Pamela Acosta Marquardt

July 1st, 2020 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My history with Horizon Solar Power has been quite challenging but I want to do a special shout out to both Sherril T. And Eva C. for the exceptional customer service that I received today. Those two get a 5 star rating from me. The company overall will be rated once they resolve this issue for me!

Jul 29, 2020

Hi Pamela, Thank you for taking the time to give Sherril and Eva a shout out! I will pass your feedback on to their manager to ensure they get some recognition. We are very glad you chose us as your solar provider. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Dane Holly

June 26th, 2020 Alpine, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stay far away from this company, the subcontractor they used was amazing but now my monitoring is not working because Sungevity went bankrupt and stopped paying for it. Sungevity sold me my system years ago, they filed for bankruptcy in 2017. I was told they would charge me to fix my system. Now I see they are selling systems again. When will they file for bankruptcy again? Soon if you ask me.

Jul 29, 2020

Hi Dane, I am very sorry to hear you had a difficult experience with Sungevity Inc. Please email me directly to share additional details and I will do what I can to help you out. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Theresa Beccaria

June 25th, 2020 Hollister, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the moment I placed my first call through today I have had exceptional service and follow through. The Project Manager that was assigned to me was Shari R. & was so patient with me explaining in detail (which I love) next steps and timelines. I also had the pleasure of speaking with Sherril T. on several occasions for scheduling and she went above and beyond !!!! Our installers Chava and Joey were exceptional, professional, courteous and did not mind the many questions I had. There are 2 additional people that should be noted: Spenser and his manager Robert; together they walked us through the details of our options so we could make the best choice for us. I feel like we won the customer service and product quality lottery because of these aforementioned people.

Jul 29, 2020

Hi Theresa, Thank you for the 5 star review! It is wonderful getting this type of feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out to any of the Sungevity team if any questions or concerns come up along your solar journey. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

jfhaller

June 24th, 2020 Albany, CA

My overall experience with Sungevity has been mixed. It started out great with Jason L and then we were assigned a project manager (whose name I will not mention) who was awful. We also had problems when contractors rather than actual Horizon team members were sent to do a job. Thanks to supervisor Olivia we were given a new project manager, Sherill T who has been and continues to be attentive and outstanding in her service. With every problem she has been helpful, followed through until problem was rectified and she has totally transformed my overall rating of Horizon. There were other team members who have done a good job for us as well, including Gus, Racha, Onishia, to name a few. I am pleased to say that our journey with Horizon Sungevity has ended on a positive.

Donald Valdez

June 24th, 2020 Secaucus, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have read some of the other reviews people have sent in I don’t understand what the problem is I have had nothing but positive experience due to my project coordinator Shari R I have nothing but praise for this woman she is always in a good mood pays attention to detail has a strong work ethic and most important to me she does what she said she will do! She RETURNS CALLS!!! If she doesn’t have an answer for you she will find out within minutes I hope her supervisors don’t let this person slip through their hands you don’t see these traits too much anymore! most people just want to collect a check. She is a jewel in the rough I told her if she likes this job stick with it she could obtain any position she wants with her positive attitude,I just retired over 45 years in construction I’ve have seen every type of person and attitude and in my opinion this new group of people who apply for work nowadays Have a lot to be desired. One last thing I’ve never written a review for anybody in my life I just turned 60 last week but I did for this fantastic employee of yours The whole process from start to finish went off without a hitch And I attest it to her hard work and coordinating skills fantastic with people a good vocabulary and just pleasant to talk to I will miss her calls She deserves to be promoted and get a raise! Sincerely Donald D Valdez

Wendy

June 23rd, 2020 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was in the middle of installation when COVID hit, now the panels are installed but not complete and no one since March has returned my call or emails, my contacts and even my sales person seems to have been laid off. No return phone calls even from the website general number. I have 2 liens from their supplier that the company didn't pay! I would never recommend anyone to them!

Luc gutierrez

June 22nd, 2020 Stockton, CA

They always keep me updated on what is going on

Jun 22, 2020

Hello Luc, Thank you for the great 5 star review. We know how important it is to update our customers about their solar journey so they have a clear understanding as to when and how things will take place. If any questions or concerns come up moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Sungevity team. Thanks again! Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

Danielle Juarez

June 18th, 2020 Antioch, CA

I wanted to go with Sungevity but unfortunately I can not go with a company full of LIARS. I was told if I make an appointment and attend a session (about an hour long) I would receive an Amazon gift card. I love how they broke down the costs and savings for me. My partner and I were saving so that we could pay all cash. I then received a call from the manager who was upset that I did not return his phone call and was not available to answer his calls as he kept calling when I was at work. Then he mentioned that I would get my gift card within a few weeks. It’s been about 4 months and I have not received my gift card. Thankfully I realized how shaddy they are before getting my solar panels with them.

David Clark

June 11th, 2020 Hollister, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When we signed up, we thought we were dealing with a stable company. That is not the case. I won't go into their Chapter 11 reorganization. I will tell my story. I have solar panels on my roof. I have NO solar power. The job was never finished. I attempted to reach the 2 members of Sungevity's company that i had been dealing with to get as far as I did but could not reach either. Now i find out that Sungevity laid off 330 or so employees which, i believe, includes my 2 contacts. I have received nothing from Sungevity at all since they put up the panels but could not finish because of some backup battery parts missing. They never came back and I assumed that was because of the Coronavirus. So, i gave them time. Well, that time i gave has long gone away. I still have no solar. Now the bad part. I signed an agreement with one of Sungevity's suppliers (thinking it was ok because Sungevity was so highly touted at the time (9.7 but now 7.7)) The agreement stated that i would pay the supplier if Sungevity did not. Sungevity did not pay the supplier and yesterday (many months into this project) i received lien papers from the supplier saying they were going to force the sale of my home to pay the $13,923.00 owed them by Sungevity. They could have sent me a bill (an explanation of what i was paying for would be nice) but went right for my jugular. That was not even needed as I would have paid the bill once I understood a couple of things that they could have explained to me. Why the heavy hand? Not sure what my next move has to be. I just know that Sungevity is not to be trusted. IF they can correct this problem to my satisfaction, i will change my tune! Until then, the one star rating I gave them here is more than they deserve!!!

Chris

May 17th, 2020 Redlands, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible customer service. They never answer the phone return an email or phone call. Blake H Is a complete liar. The list goes on and on.

Jun 15, 2020

Hello Chris, I am sorry to hear you have had a poor experience. I would love to hear more from you and see what I can do to help. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly using my contact info listed below. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager [email protected]

LILIAM M ALBURQUERQUE

April 30th, 2020 Palisades Park, NJ

Worse company, I got my panels, called millions time, nobody answer for services, panels are NOT saving me any money, worse inversión on my whole life !!!

Dann

April 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good communication with the agent Throughout the process until actual install and explained thoroughly when discussing details prior to install. Did not oversell panels needed for my home size

Pascal Lim

April 11th, 2020 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After the install we have had to deal with numerous roof leaks. To make things worse Solar Spectrum is always very unresponsive, and it takes weeks of emailing and phone calls to get them to respond. I live in California, and we don’t have a lot of heavy rain. So noticing the leaks and bad repairs is a challenge. I don’t recommend this company.

Gary Cleesen

April 9th, 2020 Lake Elsinore, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very easy process and good communication with the staff!

Jeremy Judernatz

April 9th, 2020 Wilmington, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am writing this review of Solar Spectrum. I would highly advise you to look elsewhere. I have ZERO confidence that this company will be able to help me if something happens with my system. I have been trying to call them for the last two weeks and cannot get ahold of anyone at the company. That includes sales, customer service, project manager, (project manager's manager), etc. I had another company lined up to install my panels, but I turned here because of cheaper price and panel options. BIG MISTAKE! You get what you pay for.

Hohn

April 6th, 2020 Camarillo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service not up to par ... have asked twice for monthly bill and have not received any type of notification or Monthly bill

April 6th, 2020 Fresno, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I felt everyone was very knowledgeable and helpful. They made this decision well worth it. I've also been saving so much on my PG&E bill, so it's been awesome!

Beth Williamson

April 6th, 2020 Stockton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We signed the contract to purchase last October 2019 and were told the work would be started in December. One of the inducements to purchase when we did was the 30% tax credit. They didn’t even apply for the permit until January, put on the panels in February (we lost over $1800 in tax credits) and here it is April and after 3 inspections it cannot pass the permit process. The lender paid them in February in full for the job so we are now paying the lender and PGE with no resolution in sight. To add insult to injury, they never paid the company the supplied the panels so despite us being out $47,000 with no working system, the supplier just put a $15,000 mechanics lien on our home. We contacted their customer service on numerous occasions and they fail to respond. RUN DON’T WALK AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND BELIEVE NOTHING THEY TELL YOU!!

Sheila

April 1st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They keep you informed with every step of the process and are Very efficient

Shari Rajacich

April 1st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are professional and know their business

Sympa

March 28th, 2020 Mill Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We contacted Sungevity in June 2019. Sungevity gave us a prompt quote over the phone. Without comparison, we could not judge the value. The representative pressured us in accepting the quote on the spot due to supposed Sungevity investor requirements and other intimidating sales tactics. After doing some research at Energy Sage, we uncovered the quote seemed over 25% above market. We renegotiated the contract at a 10% discount relative to the original price, but still much above market. We figured we were still going for quality as Sungevity was named the best company in its field by this website. The representative confirmed they could complete an installation of solar panels and battery within 6 weeks. It actually took more than 7 months. The "substantially complete" installation was done in the last week of December 2019. And, as of this writing the system is not yet certified and ready to go by PG&E. The project took such a long time that after several months both the supplier and installer of solar panels sent us "California Preliminary Notice" of filing a lien against our house because they had not gotten paid by Solar Spectrum, one of the operating companies acquired by Sungevity. Also, Sungevity and Solar Spectrum hounded us for weeks to make a second and final payment on an installation that was far from "substantially complete." Some of their collection systems were automated whereby they sent us automatically every other day an electronic document to sign confirming the installation was complete when it was not and demanding a 2nd payment on the spot. Staff turnover is a problem. Over this time period, we dealt with 3 different project managers and two different finance managers. Another issue is the decentralized business model of Sungevity. The latter is really an umbrella holding company. It controls numerous different operating companies. In turn, these subsidiaries often entirely outsource the entire installation of the panels to other companies. And, the delivery of service of the different operating subsidiaries and especially the outsourced installation panel subcontractors can vary greatly. In our case, the installer was American Home Energy (AHE). They turned out to be incompetent. They often brought the wrong part for the job. They had to come numerous times to do a job that should have been completed in one single visit. One of AHE staffers even told my spouse with a smirk on his face "you should have bought a generator instead." They were plagued by staff turnover and shortage causing our project to be on hold for weeks if not months. Sungevity developed a fairly revolutionary process including software, design, phone protocol and system whereby they could sell on the spot very expensive solar installation without spending any upfront marketing dollars on consulting visits and achieving a very high sales closing rate (that's where the intimidating sales tactics paid off). They also could leverage this low cost efficient software based system over numerous solar company acquisitions. This seems brilliant at first. But, there is a downside. They have completely lost control on the actual quality of the products and services they deliver. They actually have a very tough time of monitoring and tracking their own project. In our case, my spouse turned into the de facto project manager as they often had no idea where things stood, where were the subcontractors, etc. If an executive of Sungevity, Solar Spectrum, or American Home Energy reads this review, it actually provides valuable actionable information. All three companies have issues regarding quality control, staff turnover, project management, financial management, and customer service. This is an update as of March 28, 2020, after 9 months since the beginning of this project we finally have had a working system for about a month. A representative from Sungevity/Solar Spectrum (Blake) was assigned to our account to make us happy customers going forward. After much marketing speech and promises, he can't respond to the most basic questions. And, does not even answer my email. From a knowledge base, technical expertise, customer standpoint, this company is unable to deliver adequate customer support.

Jan 06, 2020

Hello Sympa, I am very sorry to hear that we did not get things right. We work hard to provide the best experience in the industry and it sounds like that was not the case for you. I appreciate all of the details you have provided and we will use them as a learning experience for our team. I have sent you a private message and I look forward to learning more and seeing what I can do to help turn things around. Please reach out to me directly and we will go from there. Blake Hazelrigg Senior Manager