Solcius

verified

Solcius

verified
This company offers purchase, lease, loan, and PPA options

Solcius is quickly becoming a leading provider of solar energy in the residential market. The company designs, delivers, installs, and services high quality solar solutions generated by its unique and growing network of dealers and key partners.

#1 Sungevity Logo Sungevity ›

9.4

Overall
Score

#2 Sunrun Logo Sunrun ›

9.3

Overall
Score

#3 Elevation Solar Logo Elevation Solar ›

8.7

Overall
Score

#14 Solcius Logo Solcius ›

7.0

Overall
Score

The Good

• Warranties
  • Solar Service Payment Options
  • Online Monitoring and System Maintenance Included
  • Quick Installation Time

Warranties

Solcius offers some awesome warranties, including a 20-year equipment warranty and a 10-year workmanship warranty. In the event of an accident or malfunction, your Solcius solar system will be covered.

Solar Service Payment Options

When it comes to paying for the system, Solcius offers Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and leases, as well as options to get a loan through one of its partners.  Solcius will also allow potential customers to purchase a system outright if that's what they would like to do.

A PPA gives customers the chance to go solar without any out-of-pocket expenses while the company takes care of all maintenance or repairs for the life of the contract.  Although you won't own your system when you go solar with a PPA and therefore will not receive any rebates or incentives, you will benefit by receiving reduced electricity bills each month.

Solcius states that it offers monthly, package, and system plans as well.  Zero down payment options and flexible financing options are available, making solar a reality for customers of every budget.

Online Monitoring and System Maintenance Included

Solcius will monitor each customer's system for 90 days after activation to ensure that everything is running smoothly. After that, the company will show the customer how to monitor the system and check production themselves.

Monitoring is available to all customers, regardless of whether they purchased the system or signed into a lease or PPA.

Quick Installation Time

While getting a solar system up and running on your roof can be a long and complicated process, Solcius boasts one of the quickest install times in the industry. The company's average time from paperwork to activation is 66 days.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Unfortunately, Solcius only offers its services in seven states: Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah. This relatively small service area limits the number of consumers who have the ability to work with Solcius.

The Bottom Line

If you live in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, South Carolina, Texas, or Utah, Solcius might be a good option for you. The company offers a variety of financing options to fit every customer's needs, as well as several warranties, online monitoring, and quick installation times.

View Best Solar Companies

JerryD
May 9th, 2019 Hamburg, NY DETAILS

So far we are pleased with our decision to use Solcius. The panels are up and running and we can track their progress through our app. The staff at Solcius are courteous and professional.

May 13, 2019

Darryl P
April 22nd, 2019 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Awesome Company... Very affordable and easy to work with. Entire system was installed in less than 2 weeks!

May 01, 2019

We love those quick installs too! Thank you for the review!

Michael C
April 22nd, 2019 Henderson, NV DETAILS

It was great working with this company. Very professional and they offer a great product at a great price.

May 01, 2019

kent b clark
April 17th, 2019 Mesa, AZ

We were told that after paying the full amount off for our solar panels, we would only pay our electricity company for the monthly service charge. Our monthly service charge is $32.44. Our first month was approx. $54.00, 2nd month $61.07, & the third month projected to be $135.00. It is now clear that we were misinformed by the Solcius Company Representatives. The old addage...BUYER BEWARE!!!

Apr 22, 2019

I have submitted your complaint to our management team for further review.

Marine2171
March 27th, 2019 Globe, AZ DETAILS

Everything from sales to the install went great, even the inspector was impressed!

Alexander R Morris
March 26th, 2019 Menifee, CA DETAILS

My wife and I are completely satisfied with the service. It honestly exceeded our expectations. The entire process was seamless, no hassle. We were updated frequently about the next step or when a step was completed. We weren't home when the panels were installed and it was not a problem. We simply came home to a completed project. Great Service!!! Thanks

Mar 29, 2019

We are so glad to hear that you are satisfied with our service! We do our best to make the process as seamless as possible.

Bernard Greencre
February 27th, 2019 Willows, CA

the only reason they got a 1 was because there wasn't a zero. I started this process in Aug nd it is still not up and running! The inspector told them the had to change the main power panel. They came back weeks later and changed one of the boxes they just put in I told them it was the main power box. they said no it was this one. guess what it still didn't pass. I don't hear from them so I called back who ever I am suppost to talk to isn't there today. This has been going on for 6 months. I talked to a different solar co. and they said they would have it up and running in about 3 weeks. buyer beware!!!

Mar 29, 2019

Bernard, some of our customers are able to have their systems installed less than a week after signing. As awesome as that is, it isn't possible for everyone. Going solar is a complicated process that differs in the time it takes to complete depending on a host of factors including but not limited to local jurisdictions, utilities, HOAs, upgrades, roof repair, and more. As for any issues, we have agents available to assist from 7am to 7pm MT Monday-Friday with little or no wait time. Just call us at 1-800-960-4150. I have submitted your feedback for review by our management team.

Olga Lopez
February 25th, 2019 Superior, AZ

Every one has been very professional. I have received communication as to when things were taking place, follow-up calls and installers were very friendly and kept me appraised on what they were doing. Inspection went well and now just waiting to get started.

Lee Austin
February 14th, 2019 Simi Valley, CA

From the salesman Robert (from Solar Thunder) to the istallers and inspectors, everything went as promised as was completed on time. We couldn't be happier and have recommended them to several people.

Chris12345
February 14th, 2019 Murrieta, CA

We were introduced to Solcius through the My Smart Home Program. There are a lot of things to take into consideration when going solar, but Solcius made understanding and obtaining solar quite simple. If one stays on top of both the referring program and the solar installer, you can ensure your needs are addressed. I would recommend Solcius to those looking to go solar for a competent company that handles most of the installation on the customer's behalf.

Corinne
February 8th, 2019 Mesa, AZ

The installation of our solar panels and system was completed in a timely manner. The team was very professional! I will recommend to my friends and family!

Charles B
January 22nd, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

Very professional and knowledgeable. 10/10. Would recommend!

Rose
January 16th, 2019 Fontana, CA DETAILS

I am genuinely pleased with my system and the SolarEdge App.

Marhta
January 15th, 2019 Fontana, CA DETAILS

They were very good and had a fast installation in only 3 days.

PamL
January 15th, 2019 Sumter, SC DETAILS

The staff was very friendly. Improvement in coordinating scheduling would be desirable, however overall, the service was really good.

John C
January 10th, 2019 Price, UT

I don't think they really want my review, even though they have asked me more than once to post it. One star is really too high. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life. I started this before the Rocky Mountain Power cut off grandfathering the watt-for-watt generation policy. I told them that if they didn't get my application in on time, it was a deal breaker. They didn't get it in, in spite of MANY calls in the week leading up to the cut off. They assured me that it was in and everything was settled. That was in 2017, October and November. After months and months of negotiating and frustration, they FINALLY finished the installation and got the meter set YESTERDAY, Jan 9, 2019. They still haven't finished their part of our agreement, which is to provide LED lighting throughout our entire house. They promise and don't come through. Time and time again I have called, they promise to call back and weeks go by before I hear from anyone. They would set appointments to come and then never show, or even call to let me know they weren't going to show up! They finally got the install done, (but we had no meter and it wasn't connected) and, suddenly they are harassing me almost constantly telling me that it is URGENT that I hurry and call the finance company and tell them that everything is done so they can get their money. It hasn't been urgent to them for 14 months!!! Frankly, they were asking me to commit fraud Because they were not done and I still had no solar power! I put my money out and for over 14 months, have nothing to show for it. I signed a contract originally, then 3 months later they had me sign another contract for a lower price. I figured they were trying to make up for missing the deadline. Now, I've lost the whole year's worth of solar savings, gone for 14 plus months with no interest on my 10,000, and I'm to get money off for their missing the deadline, in addition to their not providing the LED lights they promised. Now, when they're done, they want to go back to the original price of 10,000 more, and ignore the second contract they had me sign. How are they still in business???

Mar 29, 2019

Your feedback has been submitted to manage for review. We hope we can improve your experience moving forward.

karl Baake
January 2nd, 2019 Angola, NY

do not sign contract untill you get final quote. I got charged 245.00 for nothing. Cancelled contract.

Mar 29, 2019

It is the industry standard and law to provide a 3 day right of rescission after signing. Unfortunately, we have to charge customers that cancel outside of that window to cover costs already incurred.

Kayla M
December 31st, 2018 Lancaster, NY DETAILS

Solcius is a great company to work with. Everyone is very helpful and professional, there is always someone available to answer questions and provide updates. We are very happy with the product and the service, from sales through install.

Dec 31, 2018

You have been great to work with too! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and congratulations on going solar!

debra k clark
December 18th, 2018 Mesa, AZ

They are very prompt in putting up the panels and explaining all the steps. They are very Friendly . It has not yet been hooked completely up and running yet, but this far We are very pleased with the company.

Leah
December 14th, 2018 Buffalo, NY

Please know if you do not cancel with 3 days they will make you pay a fee of over $200. This company is a scam. Do not work with this company they have no compassion and they lack communication skills. Solius and their partners will not tell you there is a 3 day cancellation period and if you do not cancel they will charge. Do not go with this company. They sent me a bill of $221 right before Christmas.

Dec 28, 2018

3 day cancellation periods are a common industry practice and should be clearly explained by sales representatives. We apologize if this was not explained to you properly. If you can share the name on your account we will follow up and make sure the necessary corrections are made.

Karlem
December 13th, 2018 Henderson, NV DETAILS

Very professional all the way through sales to installation

Louie
December 3rd, 2018 Buffalo, NY

While asking questions to address my concerns I was told “call me when you are ready” then was abruptly hung up on.

Dec 28, 2018

Louie, we apologize for the poor phone etiquette of the individual you spoke with on that call. Do you happen to remember their name? This incident has already been addressed by management and we are committed to providing a more positive over-the-phone experience for you in the future.

Jim
November 30th, 2018 Mesa, AZ

Waited for over 2 hours for sales rep to show up at home... No Show / no courtesy phone call to cancel !!! Tired of people not respecting appointments & my time... I'm Done - will look for other alternatives !!!

Dec 28, 2018

Hey Jim, so sorry to hear about the no show. Obviously, that type of behavior from any sales representative is unacceptable. Do you remember the name of the sales rep or the sales organization he was representing?

Gloria A Hernandez
November 28th, 2018 Hemet, CA DETAILS

The process was smooth and easy. The process was easily explained and I had 1 point of contact for the sale and 1 for the installation. No call center or anything like that.

Zora
November 28th, 2018 Moreno Valley, CA DETAILS

Awesome company went through Smart House everything was great from start to finish.Solcius is on time and neat.

Retiree
November 27th, 2018 Columbia, SC DETAILS

Easy process , the contractors very eager to do professional work

Caleb Toone
November 20th, 2018 Willard, UT

Glad we chose this company! Very professional.

Mary Williams
November 16th, 2018 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Great. They do everything for you. No muss...no fuss,,,but they left the light on in the attic.

Dave T
November 9th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV

I don’t usually write reviews, but I’m hoping to save someone else the pain I went through. I bought a system from Solcius in Jan of 2018. At the time of purchase, I was assured it would be up and running by Mar or Apr at the latest. My first problem with the company was they changed my original contract 3 times within the first two weeks. They told me it was because of their transition into the Las Vegas, NV area from Utah, and things were different in NV. I tried to get some questions answered about where the panel and inverter warranties were in the contract and the customer service person I talked to was clueless. Everything I asked was referred to someone else as the guy I was talking to knew nothing. I had other coworkers look at the contract and they could find nothing that made sense for the equipment. The only clear warranty was for the panels being installed and the roof warranty that would protect from leaks. I did receive a spec sheet on the panels, but nothing in writing about the specific panel and inverter warranty. They finally showed up in Mar to install the system. Before they were off the roof, the finance company called and said I would receive my first payment for the system 30 days from that date. Although the system isn’t producing power, you’re still required to make payments on it evidently. Don’t believe it!! You do not have to start paying on it until it’s up and running as my next door neighbor was able to do. So, now I was to wait for inspections. Weeks pass and during Jun they came out to put a different box on the side of the house. Then they found out NV Energy requires another meter box and install that. I was then supposed to be waiting for the final inspection so NV Energy could place the meter and activate the system. In Sep I finally called and asked what the delay was on the inspection. They looked at my paperwork and realized they never scheduled my inspection. 1 ½ months went by without them noticing this screw up. They finally got everything inspected and installed and turned on my system 19 Oct!!! This whole process was completely unmonitored, no one was assigned as a project manager to insure work was done and done correctly. No one would give us any info on what was going on unless we made the effort to find out. The final straw with this company came when they offered to pay me for the power that my system would have produced all summer if it had been running like it was supposed to be. They stated they would pay me from May 20th until the system was activated (Oct 19). I received a check for $355.00 with no explanation of how they came up with that figure. I emailed customer service and said I wanted to see the math because if that was all my system produced for 5 of the sunniest months in Las Vegas, I was in trouble. I received a call later that day telling me they decided to pay me just my interest for the 5 months at $71.00 a month. Lied to me again, changed their minds and paid me a lot less than they should have and never had the common decency to call or email and tell me they were doing it. I have a leak in my roof which they sent an Electrician to look at it. He looked at the stain on my ceiling, walked out to my pool deck and said it couldn’t be from the panels. Never went on the roof or in the attic. They had no problem sending me an email first thing the next morning with a bill for $125.00 for a roof inspection. I refused to pay it and explained what he did and they still have not come out and fixed the leak. I have had many houses and have had many companies do projects to them over the years and Solcius is the worst I’ve ever seen or heard of. You can be well assured that as soon as they get your money, you become low priority to them. Their own workers told me and my neighbor the company was a mess. Do yourself a favor and do not use this company for your solar system. I am now looking into legal action against the company. People don’t deserve to be treated in this way.

Dec 28, 2018

Hey Dave, we have already had the opportunity to respond to you on other platforms and reach out to you as a customer service department, but we just wanted you to know that we hear you hear too! We appreciate all of the feedback we get on all platforms. This comment along with all others is recorded internally and dispersed to management to address and resolve if needed. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do!

Dayna Murphy
November 2nd, 2018 Lake Elsinore, CA DETAILS

Our panels were installed this week and the process has been smooth thus far. We hope that the customer service and timeliness continues.

Will Lovell
October 30th, 2018 Delta, UT DETAILS

They were very good to work with. We did have some scheduling conflicts that we work through. The installation was completed in one day and appears to be good. we have not turned it on yet so I can't comment on the performance of the system.

JERRY VAN LEEUWEN
October 29th, 2018 San Bernardino, CA

The company is very good and if it wasn't for the wind the panels would have been put up on time.

Tee Colliee
October 29th, 2018 Henderson, NV

Great service and professionalism from sales to construction.

Ginger S.
October 19th, 2018 Winchester, CA DETAILS

The installation of my solar panels went well. Very professional job. The workers were respectful and very efficient. The painted conduit matched my house color perfectly. I couldn't be happier that I had Solcius install my solar.

Gary Wright
October 17th, 2018 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Once all the kinks and missteps were worked out, (partly because I went to the City of Murrieta to get the permits finalized), the system works good so far. My Permission to Operate has only been a month past so far. I do recommend if you use this company, you let them know they can connect to your Local Area Network (LAN) instead of using their default connection to T-Mobile. With T-Mobile the updates to the SolarEdge app only occur every 4-5 hours. That's not frequent enough to detect if a panel is not working or something in the system is not working. I read the users manual and connected to my LAN. Updates are

Mar 29, 2019

Your feedback has been submitted to management for review. We hope to improve your experience moving forward.

Hawaiian
October 16th, 2018 Temecula, CA

The whole process was smooth and easy. I met with the sales rep who came to my house. She made it easy to understand. Once I signed up for the program (and financing) I had nothing else to do! Installers were on time and finished in 6 hours. That included clean up. Communication with Solcius was great because they took care of everything. They let me know when the installers would be here and had it up and working immediately. Even steps that were possibly days long, such as approval from our electricity company, weren't. That shows me that they they did things correctly. I am very happy from start to finish.

Jinunu
October 15th, 2018 Temecula, CA DETAILS

Solcius installed solar panels on my neighbors’ roofs. My neighbor also recommended me this company. The salesman happened to visit us and explain how it works. It sounds very good to us. So we agreed to install 8 panels.

Unhappy
October 15th, 2018 Temecula, CA DETAILS

Very quick to install and start charging you for their product. But they do not follow through with their promises, Still don’t have my cashback they promised and I have no way to monitor my system my system was installed over two months ago. I have called a dozen times and they still have not fixed their discrepancies. I would not recommend this company to anybody.

Dec 28, 2018

Please call customer service. They will be able to instruct you on how to monitor your system and make sure that we fulfill commitments. I would have them contact you but we do not have enough information from this post to identify your account with us.

Mary
October 15th, 2018 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

Very impressed with everyone we worked with!

Bob J
October 15th, 2018 North Arlington, NJ DETAILS

I began my relationship with SOLCIUS early in 2018 ISigned contracts got financing through loan pal $194.00 a month and was in pretty constant communications with all parties involved. Solcius or it’s sales reps were sent photos of a line coming in from the power pole and when I asked if the conduit line would be replaced the assured me it would. The crew that came out did quick work on installation and cleanup I believe in May. The exterior job was due to be inspected but the tech didn’t have a long enough ladder so inspector had to come back at a later time. I didn’t here conversation between the tech and inspector, but a solcius tech returned and had to connect something .on roof with the panels. In early June or July I was advised that PSE&G had to come out to do a meter adjustment in order for me to feed the power the panels were making into the system. Throughout August and September it has been a back and forth trying to have a Solcious Tech and PSE&G come on the same date. Solcious wants Monday’s because there techs have to come from Buffalo NY and they have to pay for overnight stay. Solcious has me trying to contact PSE&G talking to them and trying to gather phone numbers and get back to them. As October was now upon me . Still paying off loan pay and nothing being accomplished. I requested that someone in management be contacted. I was switched to a manager who asked me to e-mail him my electric bills and photos of what the problem was I did this while my wife and I were still o.n the phone with him. He told me he would speak with his boss and get back to me. The next week I called back and he said he didn’t get e-mail. I told him I was on the phone with him when he did get them he suddenly found them. He told me that he had spoke with his superior and they came up with three options where they might be able to help out with some of the finanancing. He told me the options but before I could say anything he said that since some of the problems may have been on Pse&g . It would be too expensive to give me any assistance. Finally today October 15,2018 the tech from Solcious arrived @ 8:00 am and got right to work installing a new panel box, conduit and meter box. Pse&g also showed up with a meter. The only problem, they weren’t told that they had to disconnect the wires from the pole so the connection could be made complete. Maybe tomorrow? In the meantime since I’m not generating electricity I’m not getting the solar rentable energy credits that are supposed to be applied to my loan payments and if I don’t have a quarter of the loan payed off to loan pal my payment will jump from $191.00 to $277.00 dollars a month for the remainder of the loan. Do you think the one star is being to generous?

Dec 28, 2018

Our customer service team has reached out to you to try and resolve your concerns and improve your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do!

Jim Szewczyk
October 8th, 2018 North Tonawanda, NY

We did have delays but they were caused by local permits. The work was done on the scheduled installation date, the crew that did the work was very efficient and professional. When they left you could not tell they were here. I was informed that we would be notified to have the work they preformed inspected and then in another two to three weeks the power company would switch out the meter and turn the solar on. I was also told that I would receive information on the cell app and how to install it. To this point I have on complaints obviously the solar isn’t turned on yet, but I feel confident with what I have experienced so far. I also should mention that I have received follow up calls from My Smsrt House making sure that I was satisfied with the process. I will give five stars fo now and after the system is up and running, then I will update my review.

Stephen
October 3rd, 2018 Ontario, CA DETAILS

Super happy with the work solicius did with our solar. Installers were very thorough and communicated with us throughout the way. Customer service phone reps have been terrific and very responsive. Would recommend Solcius to anyone!

Lovis ruscillo
September 28th, 2018 San Jacinto, CA DETAILS

The sales rep and all techs were very courteous and explained everything thouroghhly so that you understand what and how this works and the options you have getting the solar. a great experience. Installation for the panels went smoothly and the crew that installed it also left the area neat and clean.

SHANE P BOOKER
September 28th, 2018 Lockport, NY DETAILS

Awesome job by a fantastic crew! Panels look so perfect. The crew was super polite and respectful of our home. They worked around our kids and three dogs. They really did make this smooth as butter for us. Thanks Solcius!

Mike Homchick
September 26th, 2018

AFTER messing around with SOLAR CITY>>>GAG!! SOLCIUS thru MY SMART HOME came by and we liked what we heard and told them what our needs were and they said no sweat. the rep was easy to speak with and knowledgeable. the customer service is nice and understanding. they communicate well well. UNLIKE SC. I WOULD not wish SC on the devil.

David Dubrule
September 26th, 2018 Buffalo, NY

very easy and knowledgeable to talk to. start to finish, they were in touch with me guiding me through the process. city took longer than necessary and they did what they could.

Wayne Patton
September 25th, 2018 Buffalo, NY

Team was professional, informative and area was cleaned after they completed the insulation.

Cass
September 24th, 2018 Clarence, NY

Great look to our roof! Love that it’s aesthetically pleasing. Customer service was good but some installation issues resulting in 4 stars, not 5. Owner personally came out to rectify problems!

Kenneth J. Smith
September 20th, 2018 Yuba City, CA

They Came Finished in 1 Day. Just Waiting For The City To Inspect The Work.

Sam
September 17th, 2018 Suisun, CA

The process took some time but most solar installation take time. The installation part of the solar took couple of hours. The process the took time was was the permitting and inspections. The permitting and inspection from the city you live varies from city to city but its a frustrating wait. It took a total of three months to completion. The other complaint I would have is the sales representative did not completely explain the billing process from the beginning. I was told that I would a fixed amount but it turns out that I would have to pay more it the power usage is greater than production.

Mar 29, 2019

We apologize for any miscommunication from your sales representative. Thank you for the feedback and congratulations on going solar! We hope to improve your experience moving forward.