Solcius

4.9

LAST UPDATED: October 5th, 2022

Solcius is quickly becoming a leading provider of solar energy in the residential market. The company designs, delivers, installs, and services high-quality solar panel arrays generated by its unique and growing network of dealers and key partners.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• Warranties
  • Solar Service Payment Options
  • Online Monitoring and System Maintenance Included
  • Quick Installation Time

Warranties

Solcius offers some awesome warranties, including a 20-year equipment warranty and a 10-year workmanship warranty. In the event of an accident or malfunction, your Solcius solar panel installation will be covered.

Solar Service Payment Options

When it comes to paying for the system, Solcius offers power purchase agreements (PPAs) and leasing options, as well as options to get a loan through one of its partners. The solar company will also allow the homeowner to purchase a system outright — the fastest way to receive a return on investment.

The solar installer's PPA option gives customers the chance to go solar without any out-of-pocket expenses while the company takes care of all maintenance or repairs for the life of the contract. Although you won't own your solar installation when you go solar with a PPA and therefore will not receive any rebates or tax credits, you will benefit through increased savings on your electric bill each month.

Solcius states that it offers monthly, package, and system plans as well. Zero down payment options and flexible financing options are available, making solar power a reality for customers of every budget.

Online Monitoring and System Maintenance Included

Solcius will monitor each customer's system for 90 days after activation to ensure that everything is running smoothly. After that, the company will show the customer how to monitor the system and check production themselves.

Monitoring is available to all customers, regardless of whether they purchased the system or signed into a lease or PPA.

Quick Installation Time

While getting solar energy systems up and running on the roof can be a long and complicated process, Solcius boasts one of the quickest install times in the entire solar industry. The company's average time from paperwork to activation is 66 days.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Unfortunately, Solcius only offers its solar roof in 11 states: Arizona, California, Nevada, New York, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. While this area is much larger than the majority of solar installers that are limited to one state, it still lags behind top solar companies in the industry. This relatively small service area limits the number of consumers who have the ability to work with Solcius.

The Bottom Line

If you live in Arizona, California, Nevada, New York, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, or Wisconsin, Solcius might be a good option for you. The solar contractor offers a variety of financing options to fit every customer's needs, as well as several warranties, online monitoring, and quick installation times.

View Best Solar Companies

4.1

gwyn96 La Crosse, WI

BEWARE ALL SOLAR BUYERS - DO NOT BUY FROM SUNDANCE SOLAR OR SOLCIUS SOLAR. FRAUD ALERT!!!!! TOTAL SCAM... I tried to do business with Sundance Solar who are reps for Solcius Solar. I was promised a Spring 2022 install. Well it is now October 2022 and yep you guessed it....... Absolutely no solar is installed. I kept being told that my project was delayed because Xcel Energy had not gotten to Solcius what they neede d to be able to do the project. I was quite irritated to find out that Xcel Energy had completed and approved my solar project April 5, 2022. And they put it in writing. I found out July 15th that the Rep Deke W from Sundance Solar submitted the WRONG quantity of solar panels for my project. Then I was told it would be another 2 weeks to get all the paperwork straightened out. I repeatedly tried to contact Deke W the week of July 25th and yep you guessed it..... I still have had NO response at all. Then just a few days ago I get an email from Solcius trying to charge me a cancellation fee of $5011.80 for a project Solcius cancelled. I had no idea that they cancelled it. Now they are very forcefully trying to Coerce me into giving the ok to reactivate the project to get rid of the illegal fee they are trying to charge me.... Then they offered to reduce their nice illegal fee by $1500.00. Mind you this is after putting me on hold for Over 4 hrs, conveniently hanging up on me multiple times, continuing to transfer me from department to department because no one has the authority to fix this, very rudly talking over me, calling me by the wrong name continuously in the conversation, doing everything they could to try to tick me off to get me to hang up on them and then telling me they were going to put this bill into collections BEFORE THE ILLEGAL BILL IS EVEN DUE. Yes we can thank Anna and Samantha at Solcius for that. If every company could cancel your stuff and they be in breach of their own contract and then charge anyone a fee. You can GUARANTEE EVERY COMPANY WOULD BE SCAMMING EVERYONE. It is harder to see a SCAM when they are in disguise of what seems to be a good company, but are NOT. TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS THAT ARE CONSIDERING SOLAR - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SUNDANCE SOLAR OR SOLCIUS SOLAR..... THEY WILL GET BURNT...... SCAMMED AND PRAY THEY CAN GET A LAWYER BEFORE THEIR CREDIT IS AFFECTED. Now on that note - I know I am not the only person that Sundance Solar or Solcius Solar has done fraudulent & illegal practices on. Yep I know the world does not revolve around me.... lol... Please contact me. It ONLY TAKES 3 PEOPLE TO START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST THEM. I'M IN, I ONLY NEED 2 MORE PEOPLE TO GET IT GOING...... Thank you for your time.......

23 hours ago

Reply from Solcius

Gwyn, we are very sorry to hear about your frustrations. We can assure you that you aren't being scammed. We never want you to feel like you aren't being listened to. I have escalated this to management. A customer service representative will be looking into this particular case and will reach out shortly to answer any and all of your questions and concerns.

Oct. 5th, 2022

tusks1967 El Paso, TX

this system was installed 2021 and it's been working fine until May 05 2022 it quit working! the repairman they sent out was Named Oscar, and although I was informed he didn't need to have someone present to troubleshoot the system, he located me and was very helpful in explaining what happened to the system and what repairs would be needed to restore the system to an operational status. this is the type of repair tech I wish all companies employed. I was impressed with his professionalism and hope he, or someone of his status is dispatched when I need help again.

Reply from Solcius

We are so happy to hear that Oscar was able to help you and everything went great! Congratulations on going solar!

Jun. 16th, 2022

Delman Roberts Sterling, CO

Worst experience of my life. 15 months into the install and they still haven’t completed it. Inverter installed to small for system, failed to complete a proper site survey resulting in significant problems throughout the install, require customer to monitor their own system on an app that is subpar, and are unavailable for questions or concerns. I can’t even get them to call back. You as a customer are kept completely out of the loop and unless you are experienced with the ins and outs you can expect them to cut any corner they can

Reply from Solcius

Delman, we are sorry to hear about your frustrations. We can assure you that we are doing everything possible to get the correct inverter for you. A customer service representative will be reaching out shortly to update you on your project, address any questions and concerns that you might have, and help you with your solar monitoring app.

Aug. 15th, 2022

Garcia Phoenix, AZ

Mr. Solcius Owner, Let me make it very clear that your company and your employees have the same attitude as you! It has been one year and the professionalism, workmanship, attitudes all follow your leadership. The inner fighting, blaming, training all shows to Solcius Customers like us! Not only were appointments missed, electricians almost burned our house down, damaged our exterior walls, and lied about reimbursing us for all the promised deadlines, and inconveniences, and losing solar over a years time and meanwhile having your customer service reps admit Solcius wrong doings! I have photos, emails, texts saying how Solcius would make it up to us through money savings, reimbursements, etc. The VP, Mr Ivan O of Solcius texting me saying he was the guy to talk to and would make reimbursements happen at his end. Instead, he stopped texting me after he had family events and making excuse after excuse. I will NEVER NEVER promote your solar company ever again. In fact, I suggest every solar customer reading this review come together collectively for a class action suit. Mr. Solcius Owner, The apple does not fall far from the tree. Your organization is falling apart. You failed our family and took our money quick, but delivered so unprofessionally. I am SURE you will make every excuse in the book. Yes you paid money to hire a 3rd party electrical company after our house almost caught fire. Your own employees told me in person that Solcius has so many issues and they are constantly hearing customers complain! The photos attached are just a couple of how the Solcius electricians left our utility panel in disaster. The microwave almost burned from wires touching one another. I am going to start posting VP of construction, Mr. Ivan O's text on the next review of him promising me the world and never hearing from him again. Customer Service Rep, Crizna constantly apologizing to me for Solcius bad service, confusion, inner fighting amongst departments and on and on! Mr. Solcius Owner, all I asked was simply help us out as Solcius Customers and pay a year of solar loan payments! Why not? It took Solcius a year to complete our work with anxiety and health issues, stress your company put on us Mr.Owner. Instead, you instructed your Solcius Rep Crizna T to email me with an answer, DENIED BY MANAGEMENT. I AM BEGGING YOU TO BACK YOUR MOUTH IN CUSTOMER APPRECIATION AND SERVICE MR SOLCIUS OWNER! SHOULD YOU REACH DOWN DEEP IN YOUR HEART AND HELP US WITH OUR REQUEST I WILL PUBLICLY LET THE WORLD KNOW HOW SOLCIUS DID THE RIGHT THING!

Reply from Solcius

Bobby, we apologize for your experience. However, we have taken care of your electrical damage and you have been reimbursed. As this issue has already been rectified, there is nothing more that we can do. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding your solar energy system.

Jun. 22nd, 2022

Earnest Pittman Winchester, CA

My original Solcius solar was taken offline on Feb 11, 2022 so 8 additional panels could be installed. Todate, our home solar system is offline and the newly added system, retrofitted into the original inverter panel, have not been inspected. I called the assigned My Smart Home representative for response, sent emails to the representative for response, and called to leave a Solcius Customer Service voicemail, all with no return messages or emails from each entity. Why no customer support? Why no status update why my original system has been offline, not producing solar energy? Why can't the assigned representative respond to my calls and emails? 29 March 2022 Update - Solcius called, in regards to their response to my original review, to provide a status update that the next step is for the County Inspector to final approve the installation. Solcius will call and give me a weekly update henceforth.

Reply from Solcius

We are glad to hear that you got that update. Feel free to call our customer service whenever and we will make sure to answer all of your questions and concerns.

Mar. 30th, 2022

SW F San Jose, CA

We had nothing but good experiences with Solcius when approached almost 2 years ago. I was very skeptical about the claims the initial contact door to door kids were saying but agreed to a visit by the salesman. Everything he said came true. The install date, the monthly payment, the follow up service, and the free whole house fan installation. Oh, and the minimal utility bill we pay is a wash at the end of the relevant year when we receive a credit for the power generated above our own use. We did have an issue at first with the system not reporting to SCE, we live in Murrieta CA, but that was fixed promptly. I would recommend our local company's representative if I could remember his name, sorry.

Reply from Solcius

We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience! Thank you for the review and congratulations on going solar!

Mar. 11th, 2020

Carrie Alen Ladera Ranch, CA

Almost everyday I have someone knocking on my door to sell me solar and I immediately say, we are getting ready to move so that they will go away. A young man (I don’t remember his name but I think it is Dallas’s brother) came to my door and was not pushy, was not “used car salesman like” and had a totally different approach when trying to talk me into solar. He asked if he could send someone back at a later date to discuss the benefits, I said sure! The following Friday Dallas L showed up and he was as friendly as the first man. About 45 minutes later, I agreed to purchase solar from him and about a month and a half later solar is installed on my home and it looks great! Can hardly notice it unless your looking for it. The company and its representatives are professional, let you know every step of the process and a pleasure to work with. If in the market for solar, give Dallas a chance!

Reply from Solcius

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review! We're glad to hear you had a positive experience. Congratulations on going solar!

Jul. 1st, 2019

Hawaiian Temecula, CA

The whole process was smooth and easy. I met with the sales rep who came to my house. She made it easy to understand. Once I signed up for the program (and financing) I had nothing else to do! Installers were on time and finished in 6 hours. That included clean up. Communication with Solcius was great because they took care of everything. They let me know when the installers would be here and had it up and working immediately. Even steps that were possibly days long, such as approval from our electricity company, weren't. That shows me that they they did things correctly. I am very happy from start to finish.

Jim Szewczyk North Tonawanda, NY

We did have delays but they were caused by local permits. The work was done on the scheduled installation date, the crew that did the work was very efficient and professional. When they left you could not tell they were here. I was informed that we would be notified to have the work they preformed inspected and then in another two to three weeks the power company would switch out the meter and turn the solar on. I was also told that I would receive information on the cell app and how to install it. To this point I have on complaints obviously the solar isn’t turned on yet, but I feel confident with what I have experienced so far. I also should mention that I have received follow up calls from My Smsrt House making sure that I was satisfied with the process. I will give five stars fo now and after the system is up and running, then I will update my review.

Donald Murrieta, CA

We were interested in going solar and set up an appointment with Solcius/My Smart House to get more information. The representative that visited with us was knowledgeable about all aspects of the product, installation, and answered all of our questions to our satisfaction. We are not “solar experts”, but the information provided was explained in a clear and concise way making the installation process and operation of the system easy to understand. We also liked the aesthetic look of the "black-on-black" panels instead of the common blue colored panels that we see everywhere. We were also presented with quite a selection of attractive incentive bonus gifts; among which were other “smart” options to help lower our utility costs. Haley and Corey were helpful and courteous in answering follow up questions. We appreciate the company being a veteran run company and appreciate the employment opportunities given to those who have served us through the armed forces. We also appreciate the panels being "Made in America".

Stewart Baskin Henderson, NV

This company has been a pleasant surprise in that I have been so impressed with everyone who's come out to the house working on our project. Every single member of Solius who has come out here has been an intelligent, friendly person actually dedicated to what they are doing! I have found this remarkable after some recent very unpleasant consumer experiences with other companies. Believe me, this is high praise from me ...lol. I am generally somewhat nervous when undertaking a major project like this, but these guys have been so terrific I haven't had my usual anxieties. (always on time, let me know what they were doing, always friendly and professional). At any rate, if you're considering Solar, you can trust these guys throughout the process. Ask for Mike (sales rep), a terrific young man with a passion for what he's doing. I'd recommend Solcius to anyone. And yes, I am a real customer and this is a real review. lol

Jean Barnett Murrieta, CA

I was blown away by how fast and how smoothly the installation of my new solar system went - nineteen days! All of the personnel I dealt with from Solcius were extremely professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I never once called to follow up on anything - they were always two steps ahead - they contacted me to keep me informed of the progress of the paperwork and handled everything perfectly. I have been looking at solar systems for several years and did a lot of research online as well. I read that the average installation nation wide takes about 66 days from contract signing to installation completion. The system has 38 panels and I am looking forward to great savings. I am so pleased.

Randi Davis

I had solar installed on my home by Solcius and had a great experience. We found out partway thru the process that because my house is a little older, the electrical needed an upgrade, but, I worked with Quinton B. to get my main panel replaced quickly and it was included in the price they originally quoted!! Brennan C. got me on the calendar for install faster than expected. The process went smoothly, but I could tell there had been any problems the customer service team would have helped me through them because they were and so great to work with. I'm so excited that my electric bill is practically gone so I'm not only keeping our valley air clean, but also saving money. Shout out to Chris M. and the construction team. The installation looks excellent.

Corrine Alvarez

My husband and I had a great experience with solcius in the installation of our solar system. From the salesman Brendon to the customer service from Brennan C., my husband and I were taken care of with respect and courtesy. The process went by smoothly and quickly and solcius answered all our questions. They kept in contact with us through every step of the process and offered great incentives that were a big plus! Customer service is awesome and we are enjoying our panels and can see the great benefit it will bring to us! This company offers other home improvement services and we are already looking into using My Smart House to work with us again. Thank you Solcius!

Helen Holmquist

Customer service was great, the problem was the installation team. My husband and I have been wanting to go to solar for years but couldn't afford to due to the high costs they would want upfront. Thankfully Solcius came by. I was a little skeptical because of a lot of solar scams going around in my area lately but everything checked out. They were informative and I was able to get rebates from the electric and gas company for our new NEST system. My install is not completed at this time. They did finish installing our solar panels this week though and we had our final inspection today and so we will be switched to solar either today or within the next week. I wasn't however, impressed with the install team! The head supervisor showed up to my house in cut up jeans, and nothing that said Solcius on it, except the large truck in front of my house. I didn't know how many men were there to install but it freaked me out when I had two men in my back yard wearing ski masks (before you freak out it is winter and it was very cold) but I felt uncomfortable. They did show up in the time frame but I got a knock on the door about 15 minutes later by the same guy in the holy jeans and told me they had to run to home depot and they would be right back. I was already feeling uneasy because of his unprofessional appearance and I was second guessing if he was actually part of the team. They took over and hour and half to come back. I had to call the company to see if they were coming back for the install and the guy on the phone didn't know what was going on and so my install was set back by almost 2 hours, which didn't impress me at all and I'm sure they went out to lunch. Also, when they did the quick power switch from my old meter box to my new one someone quietly knocked on my door and waited maybe 10 secs (not enough time for me to answer the door with my two kids being rowdy) and wasn't given a heads up while I was cooking dinner with the quick switch. So that was irritating! If they made their installers were uniforms, gave them more training on communication I would have felt a lot more comfortable with them around mm, my kids and my house! So that is why the three stars. They have a lot of room for improvement of their install group, but their customer service via phone is great and our sales rep comes in to see how everything is going on occasion, which is nice! ***UPDATE: With the weather being nice we are finally able to go outside in our backyard and when we went outside we found that the installers used our window unit to get onto our roof instead of using their ladders. As well as when the snow melted on the ground we found they have left a lot of garbage on our lawn so we had to clean up after them. I am not going to lie that I'm very angry that they abused my property. The install team I am not very impressed with at all! They showed up late, and from all the garbage on our lawn they went shopping at a gas station, which shouldn't have been done during my time! They used our personal property that now how shoe marks all over it because they were to lazy to use their own equipment. When I told this to the customer service during a follow up review they told me that isn't the normal and that they sent this to the head of the construction team. I have to be honest that if that was a service that I could cancel or go to a competitor I would. I am very angry they abused my time and property! Our solar is up and running. But having to deal with the clean up of the "profession" (I use that term very lightly) installers, you will have to decided of the aggravation is worth it to you. **UPDATE** Solcius customer service came through with flying colors. I got a call yesterday in regards to this review and how they stated that they have taken all the steps to assure that this doesn't happen to any other solcius customer again. Not only that but I knew that higher management was involved and after speaking with them and resolving what has been done, their customer service was outstanding. They were very helpful, and they wanted to make sure I was a happy customer. I was very pleased with how this was resolved. Very pleased with how upper management was involved. I feel strongly comfortable again to recommend this company to friends and family since I know that their sales person and customer service will take care of them. Again, I'm very please with how everything worked out and very grateful on how I was taken care of and impressed with the steps that Solcius took with their construction crew to make sure this doesn't happen again! Very Please!!You

Reply from Solcius

Obviously this was some time ago, but we wanted to let you know that your feedback is important to us and was submitted to management for review at the time.

BEB B Dallas, TX

The gentleman at Solcius were early and got to work quickly. I let them know that my children were at school and they told me exactly what they were going to do. I did expect it to be noisy but their work was somewhat quiet. Their work was clean and they picked up after themselves. They explained what they installed and what our next step would be. Thank you guys at Solcius.

Reply from Solcius

Thank you for the review and congratulations on going solar!

Sep. 15th, 2020

DiAngelo El Paso, TX

dealing with Solcius was so easy, and hassle free!! we kept getting told by friends who got panels to stay on top of the company you go with because they take forever, but that was not the case at all. solcius took care of EVERYTHING for us and always informed us of updates by email. they seriously made life easy for us when switching to panels im so happy we went with them!!!

Reply from Solcius

Thank you for sharing your experience! Congratulations on going solar!

Mar. 17th, 2020

Shelley Hamburg, NY

Overall a good experience. We had a lot of questions throughout the whole process and they were always answered promptly. We had to have someone replace the drywall where our electrical panel is and that was done within a week. Installers were very nice and helpful. Solcius kept in touch with phone calls and emails to update us on where we were with the steps to get the panels producing. Our only concern now is that we don’t have enough panels for our current air conditioning use. Seems like we are using more power per day the we produce in a day. We don’t want to end up having an electric bill on top of paying for the panels. We are still learning though so I could be wrong. Great company with great customer service!

Aug. 20th, 2019

Garrett Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I've had my solar panels active for a week now and I couldn't be happier to have finally gone solar. Everybody I've encountered at Solcius has been exceptional. The installers have been polite and professional and have been very informative. The customer service reps have also been quick to respond to any of my inquires. I would definitely recommend going with Solcius for your solar installation.

Jul. 8th, 2019

Alexander R Morris Menifee, CA

My wife and I are completely satisfied with the service. It honestly exceeded our expectations. The entire process was seamless, no hassle. We were updated frequently about the next step or when a step was completed. We weren't home when the panels were installed and it was not a problem. We simply came home to a completed project. Great Service!!! Thanks

Reply from Solcius

We are so glad to hear that you are satisfied with our service! We do our best to make the process as seamless as possible.

Toby Calimesa, CA

Well first off I like the product. Second Caleb B was not good at customer service at all. It was like playing phone tag with him. Except I was the only one playing tag. When he finally got back to me I had been up for around 20 hours and was not ready for his BS. on the other hand Britney C was amazing at customer relations. She realized that I was a no nonsense kind of feller and made my job of dealing with Edison unbelievably easy. If Caleb was better at his job maybe he’d get the good review. All in all it went a bit slow after the install just due to hiccups with permits. But all is up and running now and everything is right with the world again.

Reply from Solcius

I'm glad we were able to get everything straitened out for you. Thank you for the review.

Ivan Hsu Rancho Cucamonga, CA

The system was designed and installed promptly as the sales person said. The turn-on day was little confused incurred $35 late fee for last payment. The customer service lady (Lauren Carr) resolved the issue and the late fee was waived. The system is producing ~19kwh a day during the hot days. It is designed to produce more than enough for my yearly electricity usage, but I have to wait and see when the monthly bills comes in. I am satisfied so far!

Tanya Yarrington Salt Lake City, UT

I was skeptical at first about this. The salesman Franklin F. was great. He explained the whole thing and explained our bill wouldn't Disappear totally our roof is not big enough for a full set of panels. He helped us the whole way through. The total loan is $20,000. The panels were installed this week and The power company just needs to inspect the unit and turn it on. I am happy with the whole process and the salesman who answered all my questions even if I asked them more than once.

Jacqueline Alamia Fontana, CA

From start to finish this has been a very easy and pleasurable experience. The entire sales, office and installation team was very professional and courteous. We were kept informed through the entire process of what was happening and never had to wonder where we were in the process. The installation crew was phenomenal! They left the site clean and even removed an old satellite dish from our roof and hauled it away! Highly recommend this company!

Natasha Lau-Johnson Las Vegas, NV

We have had a wonderful experience working with Solcius! From the moment when our representative came to our front door to tell us about solar energy and energy saving options, we have had nothing but positive interactions. They are highly recommended! We have not completed installation yet, but I know that we will be very happy with the savings we will see.

Mark Lancaster, NY

The entire install only took about 7 hours with only 3 installers. The workplace was thoroughly cleaned after the installation was completed. The installers didn’t rush to leave after the install and answered all my questions. The install date was changed last minute because of weather so I won’t hold that against them. Everything was communicated and rescheduled for the next day. The original plans had to be modified because of a roof vent but again the new plan was communicated before any changes. Very happy with the install and installers and would recommend Solcius Solar to anyone looking to go green and eliminate electric expenses.

Reply from Solcius

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on going solar!

Mar. 12th, 2018

Julia

A very professional company. The technician Brandon was very knowledgeable on solar and how he could save us money. We would recommend this company to everyone! We also love the awesome Tech package that was included with our Solar for free. The young man that installed our tech package was very polite and helped me set everything up so easily. 100% satisfied, no regrets and I usually do give feedback but I was so happy doing business with them that this is the only way to show my Gratitude.

Lucita Woods Wildomar, CA

The experience was terrific. Everything went so smoothly I was shocked. I thought it would be a hassle but Solcius was so spot on everything their employees did. I will recommend this company to anyone that wants a solar system. Everyone should get one before the electrical company's say that they are loosing way to much money and want to put a stop to solar. Great work Solcius. Many Thanks.

The Days Lake Elsinore, CA

Solcius is an excellent company to work with. They explained the entire process well and were available for all of my questions. The technicians were very personable and professional. I would highly recommend working with this company. Since this is my first time purchasing solar panels I can't really comment of the quality of the panels, but I can say that we are producing a substantial amount of power. Our production far exceeds our use which is nice because we are one of those families who runs the AC constantly :)!

Anna Ewers

We have had a solar system (PPA) with Solcius for 2 years now. Their quote process was very straightforward and the terms were much more advantageous than the purchase or lease options we got from other companies. We get a monthly bill from Solcius for the electricity generated, and our monthly electric bill from SDG&E tells us how much we put into the grid and how much we took from the grid. Once a year we "true-up" with SDG&E. This is an easy way to reduce the electric bill and help reduce the carbon footprint for our home. An added bonus is that, if there is a power outage while the sun is out, we have electricity from the panels. There are a couple of things that could be improved. 1) The installation process wasn't as well organized as one would hope: there were a couple of very basic errors that resulted in a delay in approval and a delay in the system going into service. 2) The bill is not itemized to support the amount they are billing you for: There is no clear explanation connecting the electricity generated with the amount of money you are being billed for. Also, there is no clear statement of how much money you sent in the last payment and whether there is a remainder being carried over to this month's bill. Since the amount being billed is based on the electricity generated that month and therefore is different every month, and since I have and auto-pay set up with my bank that sends the same amount every month if I don't change the amount manually, the amount I pay is often not the amount they billed. Their bill doesn't show the amount previously billed or the amount received, or clearly connect the amount of electricity generated to the amount they are billing for this month, so it's impossible to know how they arrived at the amount they are billing for the month. They seriously need to itemize their bills to show everything that goes into determining the amount being charged.

Reply from Solcius

Thank you for your feedback. It really helps us to improve our processes.

Steve Campbell Salt Lake City, UT

Though I didn't end up getting solar panels, their proposal process was quick and easy to be able to see how many panels I would be needing and how much I would be paying for said panels. For now, it doesn't work with what I was hoping for (based on personal needs), but should I feel better prepared in the future, Solcius will definitely be my company of choice. They weren't pushy at all when I explained my situation, and were happy to give me time for it to become more feasible for me.

Steve hafen American Fork, UT

I had a solar system installed several months ago from Solcius. They were professional from the time I engaged with them through the entire process. The installation was quick and clean. I have been very happy with my system. This week I had a minor communication issue with my SolarEdge inverter due to my Wifi being weak, I called and Solcius sent Gene to help. He did a great job addressing the issue and was courteous and thorough. I would highly recommend that anyone looking into a solar system check out Solius! Nice to have a company that does things the right way!!

Jon Benson Hurricane, UT

This is the most professional and efficient company you could ever deal with. From the time they arrived to the time they completed, this team and subsequent follow up was nothing short of A+; helpful employees like Brennan C. are what makes this company Solcius what it is. Wishing that all companies were as proud of their products, commitment and services as they are. I have recommended this company to many of my friends without hesitation. If anyone out there wants to save money and be more self-sufficient (as we once were). This is the best place to start! Many thanks to your team!

Juan Flores Pomona, CA

Solcius provided excellent service overall. From sales representative to installation crew, they are all very professional. Brennan Campbell, was very helpful during the process and was always there to answer any questions We had. We are very pleased with the whole solar experience and highly recommend Solcius to anyone who is interested in solar power.

Jackie Kaiser Albuquerque, NM

I wrote a prior review over a month ago. I encourage anyone interested in this company to read it! I paid both my solar bill and PNM bill for over a year before they found out that the original electric panel was installed wrong only because I insisted! They replied that someone would call me and look into my issues……to date NO CALL!!! Do not use this company. I wish I would have used Solar City!

Reply from Solcius

Jackie, we are sorry to hear about your frustrations. I have escalated this to our customer service management so that they can look more in to your case. I will have a customer service representative reach out to answer any other questions or concerns that you might have.

May. 9th, 2022

Chelsy Shedden Cedar City, UT

Everything I was promised has not happened. I had to consistently babysit them to make sure anything got done and then when my payment came due, I was told that I didn’t need to worry and Solcius would reimburse me. Then when it came down to it they said they would "look into it”, which led to “it’s not our fault”, so we won’t be covering it. I can prove it was but knew there was no point. So now I’ve had 2 months of paying my electric bill and my solar bill. I still haven't received my first year's payments promised to me or my $1000 bonus for referring my mom. I have not received the Google nest or LED lights I was promised either. I was told my “project doesn’t include incentives”. My salesman promised me a lot that Solcius told me he is responsible for, not them. I WILL NOT ever refer anyone to them again as my mom has had issues with what she was promised as well. I am told all of this is promised by the salesman and Solcius has nothing to do with it. Adam R was my salesman, he will not return any of my calls or texts about this. When I contact Solcius, they tell me these incentives are provided by the salesman. They promise all sorts of things to get you to agree to solar and then when it comes down to it they won’t fulfill their promises. Solcius asked for a review and wanted me to submit my issues separately. I did this a few weeks ago, and have not had any contact about this. I have all of my promises in writing from Adam, I would expect a company like Solcius to back up their promises.

Reply from Solcius

Chelsy, I am so sorry to hear about your frustrations. I am having our customer service and sales management look into this case. Additionally, a customer service representative will reach out shortly to address any and all of your questions and concerns. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Apr. 4th, 2022

Michael Lake Elsinore, CA

When my system was first installed six years ago the panels were producing only about 1/3 of what they were supposed to be producing. It took one month for them to send a technician out and rewire the panels to get full production. Now six years later my panels have stopped producing all together. I’ve spent a week calling and sending emails to get somebody out here to troubleshoot the problem. My last communication said that I had a cellular tower system issue and that my system was just not communicating. Yet I told them right from the start that my electric bill showed my panels were not producing electricity. Solcius said they could not see my system on their end because it was built on a 3G system that was phased out from the cell towers. I have been without production for one month now and still have no idea when somebody will be coming out to troubleshoot/repair the system. I would not recommend Solcius or refer them to anyone!

Reply from Solcius

Michael, I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. It looks like you are able to update your system to a 4G system by contacting SolarEdge through the link that we sent you. I am going to have a customer service representative reach out again to answer all of your questions and concerns. We want to get your system up and running again as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Mar. 24th, 2022

Terri Schelter Hamburg, NY

I had a terrible experience with MySmart House. It was never resolved. I was told my roof was good for 20 years. Shingle were coming off within the year. I reached out to them many times. Also someone from Solcius had spoken to me in 2020 or 2021 and told me the My Smart House Co was going to help me out. They never called me. Now I am trying to figure out how to get them off and put back on for a new roof. Also it does not generate what they told me and I was not eligible for all the tax breaks. I pay more than I would without them. $48.00 more per month. Why do you do business with them? I am a senior and this is very costly. I was quoted by Solcius that it will be $4800.00 to get the panels removed and reinstalled!

Reply from Solcius

Terri I am so sorry to hear about this. Solcius is your solar fulfillment company. If you had a problem with the sales process we urge you to reach out to My Smart House so that they can answer all of your questions and concerns. I am going to have a customer service representative reach out to you so that we can make sure all of your panels are working properly and so that we can look at the amount of panels that you have. We want to answer all of your questions and concerns so that you feel confident throughout your entire solar journey.

Mar. 17th, 2022

jim t Aurora, CO

good quick install of panels. glitches in paperwork between them and inspectors slowed things down with a reinspect needed. (paper work glitch only, everything was to code.) took three weeks. then a glitch in the paperwork to the provider (XCEL). insurance liability paperwork was never forwarded to XCEL as part of the ready to connect package. that cleared and a week later meter installed and turn on approved.

Reply from Solcius

We are glad that we were able to get your system installed quickly. We apologize for glitches with the paperwork and want to thank you for your patience. Congratulations on going solar!

Mar. 5th, 2021

Jason Wilhite Gilbert, AZ

Great service so far, installation was done on time a d within the timeframe they stated. Customer service was responsive and answered all my questions. I didnt have any paint to match the house paint so they purchased some and came back to paint the conduit to match which was great. Install looks professional.

Reply from Solcius

Thank you for the review and congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 28th, 2020

Jossephene Manuel Albuquerque, NM

They call Everytime to make sure we remember our appointment. They showed up in the appropriate time they they were given. They came and installed fast . Notified us on everything they were doing cleaned up and was very professional amazing work.

Reply from Solcius

Thank you for the feedback and congratulations on going solar!

Feb. 12th, 2020

Adam Westenhofer Deming, NM

Things have been working well so far since it was up and running from two days ago. The only reason I gave 4 stars was I often had to get updates and status details about what was going to happen and when. Not much instruction or information provided on how the equipment works or things to watch for in way of operation, safety, or function. I had to ask for this. A packet or manual with frequently ask questions and or how to would be helpful.

Reply from Solcius

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on going solar!

Dec. 2nd, 2019

Des Las Cruces, NM

Working with Solcius has been great. They do all of the work for you and you end up saving money in the end! They also hooked us up with Turf for our backyard, a Nest thermostat and an Opti box! If you’re ever thinking of going solar, just give them a call.

Reply from Solcius

We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and congratulations on going solar!

Sep. 6th, 2019

David Sutliff Albuquerque, NM

Outstanding performance. Trace D, the salesperson, did an incredible job explaining the product and the benefits. He was easy to work with, and made the process simple. Very happy with the results and I highly recommend them.

Aug. 6th, 2019

Chris12345 Murrieta, CA

We were introduced to Solcius through the My Smart Home Program. There are a lot of things to take into consideration when going solar, but Solcius made understanding and obtaining solar quite simple. If one stays on top of both the referring program and the solar installer, you can ensure your needs are addressed. I would recommend Solcius to those looking to go solar for a competent company that handles most of the installation on the customer's behalf.

Kayla M Lancaster, NY

Solcius is a great company to work with. Everyone is very helpful and professional, there is always someone available to answer questions and provide updates. We are very happy with the product and the service, from sales through install.

Reply from Solcius

You have been great to work with too! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and congratulations on going solar!

Dec. 31st, 2018

Ginger S. Winchester, CA

The installation of my solar panels went well. Very professional job. The workers were respectful and very efficient. The painted conduit matched my house color perfectly. I couldn't be happier that I had Solcius install my solar.

Gary Wright Murrieta, CA

Once all the kinks and missteps were worked out, (partly because I went to the City of Murrieta to get the permits finalized), the system works good so far. My Permission to Operate has only been a month past so far. I do recommend if you use this company, you let them know they can connect to your Local Area Network (LAN) instead of using their default connection to T-Mobile. With T-Mobile the updates to the SolarEdge app only occur every 4-5 hours. That's not frequent enough to detect if a panel is not working or something in the system is not working. I read the users manual and connected to my LAN. Updates are <= every 30 minutes. Don't be afraid to escalate to their executive leadership through LinkedIn if the install isn't progressing as you think it should. Mine, unfortunately, took over 30 days, because of poor workmanship on the install, requiring three revisits by technicians to get it straight, only after I had to go the City of Murrieta to get the permit straight. Solcius communicates through email with the City Permit offices which is poor follow-up and prone to error and extending the Permission to Operate.

Reply from Solcius

Your feedback has been submitted to management for review. We hope to improve your experience moving forward.

Stephen Ontario, CA

Super happy with the work solicius did with our solar. Installers were very thorough and communicated with us throughout the way. Customer service phone reps have been terrific and very responsive. Would recommend Solcius to anyone!

Lovis ruscillo San Jacinto, CA

The sales rep and all techs were very courteous and explained everything thouroghhly so that you understand what and how this works and the options you have getting the solar. a great experience. Installation for the panels went smoothly and the crew that installed it also left the area neat and clean.