SolarSesame

7.4

LAST UPDATED: September 28th, 2023

SolarSesame is a California solar company dedicated to helping others achieve affordable and clean energy. The company provides consumers with a realistic installation timeline, real quotes from previous customers, and a dedicated customer service team that will keep you informed throughout the entire process.

The Good

• Solar Calculators
  • Installation Timeline
  • Real Quotes from Real Customers
  • Industry-Leading Warranties
  • Tier One Equipment

Solar Calculators

SolarSesame’s website has several calculators easily accessible to all consumers. One calculator can give you an estimate of how much you’ll pay for your entire solar system.

Other calculators show you how much your monthly payment will be, how much a solar system will increase your home’s value, and how long your payback period is.

These are all just estimates, but they can be a great starting point if you’re simply curious about how solar will benefit you.

Installation Timeline

SolarSesame provides consumers with an estimated installation timeline. As with all companies the timeline could change due to the size or scope of your project, but most customers can expect the entire process to only take a few weeks — most of that time will be spent waiting for permits to be issued. The actual day of installation, Solar Sesame estimates that getting the panels up and running will only take four to eight hours.

This timeline is straightforward and standard within the industry. However, we appreciate SolarSesame providing consumers with a realistic timeframe.

Real Quotes from Real Customers

If you’re wondering if a solar system is really going to save you money, SolarSesame includes on its website actual quotes from customers. Here you can see how much the customer was paying on their electric bill before solar, their electric bill after switching to solar, the down payment, and the total monthly payment.

Homeowners who hired SolarSesame saved anywhere from $119 to $281 each month.

Industry-Leading Warranties

SolarSesame offers robust, 25-year warranties on all its systems. Warranties cover the following areas and components:

• Solar panels
  • Solar inverters
  • Roof racking and mounting
  • Workmanship and labor
  • Energy production
  • System monitoring

In the event that any system component does not perform up to manufacturer expectations, or the system does not produce the amount of power projected by the company, SolarSesame will work to make things right.

Tier One Equipment

SolarSesame installs equipment from leading manufacturers in the solar industry, including solar panels from Q CELLS, inverters and solar batteries from Enphase, as well as the Tesla Powerwall, one of hte leading backup battery options available. Along with SolarSesame's elite group of installation partners (SunPower, Palmetto, Sunrun, and others), the solar company's expert Energy Consultants are available to assist homeowners at every step of the solar installation process.

The Bad

Occasional Communication Concerns

While the overwhelming majority of SolarSesame customers are fully satisfied with their experience, there are a handful of reviews that express concerns with the communication provided throughout the installation process.

That being said, the company has responded to each review, taking steps to rectify each situation and demonstrating a commitment to customer care even when things go wrong.

The Bottom Line

SolarSesame’s website is a great place to start, as you can find several guides and articles that will help explain solar on a general level.

Additionally, the company is transparent with its installation timeline and even includes previous customer quotes. SolarSesame also provides customers with a dedicated customer service team that is your point of contact throughout the process, so if you have any questions or concerns you can always reach out to them.

Overall, we expect consumers to have a positive experience working with SolarSesame.

not_listed_location

SolarSesame Frequently Asked Questions

Can I afford to go solar?

If you can afford to pay your electricity bill, you can afford to go solar! $0 down solar financing options, including both solar loans and solar leases, make it easy for homeowners with good credit to start saving on their electricity bills in month one.

What are the financial benefits of solar energy?

When you install a solar energy system on your property, you save money on your monthly electricity bills and protect yourself against rising electricity rates in the future. How much you can save depends on the utility rates and solar policies in your area but going solar is almost always a smart investment regardless of where you live. Homes with solar panels also sell for about 4 percent more than those without. For the median home worth $400,000, that's $16,000 in value overnight.

Message from

SolarSesame

SolarSesame was formed because we became frustrated seeing homeowners worry about rising electricity bills. When we realized that we could save homeowners hundreds on their monthly bills and contribute to a cleaner and greener environment, we jumped in headfirst.

Prior to SolarSesame, our team spent years helping homeowners lock in their mortgages to low fixed rates, savings them thousands of dollars along the way. We took these learnings and our months of researching the solar industry and molded SolarSesame into the company it is today – a consumer-centric platform that makes going solar a painless, cost-saving, and gratifying process.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

Laura Liberatore Miami, FL

Really happy with my experience! Everyone I dealt with was nice and professional and we got solar installed on our roof in about a month. The guy we met initially from SolarSesame told us it could take 2 months, and I love it when companies underpromise and overdeliver! I have already recommended them to couple of friends who are thinking about switching to solar.

Reply from SolarSesame

Laura, Thank you for sharing your positive review of SolarSesame. Feedback like yours is valued by every member of the team and it motivates us to continue developing and growing as a company!

bookmark

Featured Review

Breanna Aragon Urrutia Paramount, CA

I’m Impressed by the knowledgeable staff and exemplary customer service! An efficient administrator in regards to the solar industry. Great job guys, and thank you again!

Reply from SolarSesame

Breanna, Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your experience with us here at SolarSesame. We strive to make the switch to solar both educational and efficient for homeowners! Sincerely, SolarSesame

Randolph Bullhead City, AZ

Love our system . Since installation was completed we have had several power outages, which is frequent in our rural area. We would not have even known about the outages if others had not told us. We had power to our necessary systems like our well pump, fans and fridge and freezer. Plus we had lights.

Reply from SolarSesame

Thank you, Randolph! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Oct. 18th, 2023

Doc Holliday Ennis, TX

Curtis is absolutely the BEST! I enjoyed his wisdom and knowledge of how solar works and exactly what I needed. He knew all the answers and was extremely honest about everything. He actually became a friend throughout the process. He did everything he said he would do. I highly recommend Curtis to everyone who ask about Solar. Doc Holliday- Texas

Reply from SolarSesame

Your review made our day, Doc. We’ve passed your comments on to our team so they can enjoy the good vibes too. Comments like yours make our work worthwhile. We love that you enjoy your solar system and found the information provided so useful. We couldn’t create/provide the customer service that we do without great customers like you! Thanks for choosing us to deliver clean energy! Warm Regards, Madalyn Ferrara

Shreya Kareti Queens, NY

I was curious about solar panels and a friend recommended that I check out Solar Sesame's solar calculator. I hadn't even known where to start but Solar Sesame promptly connected me with the resources I needed. A representative from one of the solar companies that Solar Sesame works with (Sun Power, top in the country, as I've since learned) reached out to me within minutes of submitting my inquiry and answered all my questions. Thank you Solar Sesame for making this process accessible!

Reply from SolarSesame

Shreya, We want you to know how much we appreciate your review. Our staff works diligently to give homeowners the best experience possible. They will be thrilled to know their hard work has paid off. Warm Regards, SolarSesame

amir hormozan Mission Viejo, CA

I am so happy to sign the contract with you. Andre, my representative is very knowledgeable, patient, helpful and friendly. I asking for measuring the EMF and he bought an special meter and share all information with me. He still follows up with me and wants to be sure everything goes by plan. My project manager, Cristin, is do nice too. She keep me update all the time. Actually all the KOTA group are amazing. Thank you Amir hormozan

Reply from SolarSesame

Amir We are so happy that Andre provided you with exceptional service! We will be sure to provide Andre with the recognition he deserves and thank you sincerely for the kind words. Best, SolarSesame

Linda Sacramento, CA

It took a year before they ever got finished installing the solar and getting it connected to SCE. We were never kept up on what was happening and when I’d call them to find out, I either didn’t get called back, or got a text with some kind of excuse and a promise to call me, then never did. Worst thing was we were told we’d get a rebate of almost $8,000, then when everything was done, found out it’s only a tax credit and we don’t have to file taxes, which I made sure they new! I’m still furious over this. They were supposed to have “their guy” call me six months ago with other information for getting rebates! NEVER HEARD A WORD, even after calling them 3 times!

Reply from SolarSesame

Linda, I am so sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than exceptional. We pride ourself on communication, and I am interested to hear about how we let you down in that regard. I would love to speak with you and personally apologize about this. I am going to personally review your file and check our communication so we can collaborate and find a solution for you! Best, Madalyn Ferrara

Heather Pulford

Fantastic experience! Andre has been wonderful. He is friendly and professional. He was very patient with all of my questions and highly knowledgeable. There has been great communication every step of the way and the service has been fast. I would highly recommend this company!

Reply from SolarSesame

Hello Heather, Your comments have been shared with our entire team! When we hear from happy customers like you, we spread the positivity around! The SolarSesame Team

MJ Dellaquila Atascadero, CA

Not enough communication to let me know what was happening. Cancelled several appointments and kept pushing back the installation thus holding up workman that I had hired to install my heat pump water hester

Reply from SolarSesame

MJ, I am so sorry that we had a delay in work, causing another project to be pushed back for you. I would like to better understand the details of your experience so I can personally do everything I can to make right by you. We pride ourselves on taking quality care of our homeowners and I want to make sure you experience that same level care. I am going to email you personally to discuss further. Best, Madalyn Ferrara

Stuart Douglas Sacramento, CA

Very informative, and very good personality. Helped me find my electric bills with my phone to give me an accurate quote.

Reply from SolarSesame

Hi Stuart, Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! Your Friends at SolarSesame

Clifford Rawson Santa Clara, CA

Spoke with Andres over a period of five or six days and found him to be very thorough and straightforward. No pressure, he went over all of the pertinent details with me. Very patient and knowledgeable.

Reply from SolarSesame

We are so grateful you took the time out of your day to share your review with us, Clifford. We'll make sure your review is relayed to Andres, it will make their day! Best, SolarSesame

Diana Pierson Laguna Hills, CA

We had major communication issues , I had to constantly follow up on status only to find out there were constant delays. I was never told I’d have to pay for solar even when panels were not installed. Every time I was told they would call me back with an update a call never came in I had to constantly call myself.

Reply from SolarSesame

Diana, I am so sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with exceptional service. I am going to personally reach out to you to learn more about your experience. In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We take every review seriously and work diligently to improve as a unit from them. Best, Madalyn Ferrara

Paul K Modesto, CA

No follow up. Have the solar panels installed and still no word on when the tie in will happen. Been paying for the solar panel for 3 months now and receiving no benefits from it. Horrible experience, thinking about removing them.

Reply from SolarSesame

Dear Paul, We're sorry to hear that you didn't receive the level of customer service that you deserve. We take pride in providing excellent service to our customers and apologize for falling short in this area. We'll review your situation and take steps to ensure that we can rectify this for you. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and will assist us in improving our services.

Aug. 18th, 2023

a t San Ramon, CA

Michael Q is amazing and responsive, he is the reason for my Solar installation.Very happy with overall process!

Reply from SolarSesame

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your service! We are glad to hear that our team's performance exceeded your expectations, and we will make sure Michael Q receives the recognition he deserves! Thank you again, have a great day! Best, SolarSesame

Albert Knapp Gardena, CA

Communication was horrible, timelines were completely ignored, and had to fight for reimbursement for terrible customer service. The only saving grace was Kristen Z who I believed worked hard to do right by the customer.

Reply from SolarSesame

Thank you Albert for the feedback on your experience. I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with the exceptional service we strive for. I would love to know more about how we can change that in your eyes . I will send you an email so we can talk more about what happened, and make sure this is resolved for you. Best, Madalyn Ferrara

Cr1spy Apple Valley, CA

Everything was handled very professionally. Loved all the follow ups and how nice everyone was.

Reply from SolarSesame

Thank you! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Julie Wallace San Antonio, TX

He explains everything clearly and is always available for questions

Reply from SolarSesame

Thank you, Julie! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Minerva Shrewsbury, MA

Mick L was really thorough and detailed everything, end to end.

Reply from SolarSesame

Hello Minerva , Thank you so much for your review! I am glad the team was able to take care of you during your transition to solar!

William McMorran Vacaville, CA

Very knowledgeable team . From the Sales personnel to the installers.

Reply from SolarSesame

Thank you, William! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Glenn Johnson Nipomo, CA

Company has failed to treat me as a valued customer. Contract has not been completed. Bear has not commissioned the system and Sesame has not advocated for me.

Reply from SolarSesame

Hi Glenn, Thank you for leaving your feedback. We strive incredibly hard here to make every customer experience enjoyable and we’re really sorry we’ve not been able to meet your expectations this time. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible and find a solution that works for you! A member of the team will be in contact with you shortly! Thank you for your patience, SolarSesame

Dorian Fernandez

It’s not just the great prices but I like that they are always talking about improving the experience for the customer. The customers are always number one!

Reply from SolarSesame

Dear Dorain, It is always amazing to hear that we have been successful in our goal of providing our customers with the best possible experience. Thank you for allowing us to assist you in going green! Best, The SolarSesame Family

Mark

Mr. W was very professional. He got right to work.

Reply from SolarSesame

Mark, Thank you for your kind words on Mr. W! I will be sure to relay the high remarks to him, as I am sure it will make his day!

Aug. 24th, 2023

Andrew Morbitzer Thousand Oaks, CA

Michael is a fair, highly qualified and AMAZING partner/consultant.

Reply from SolarSesame

Thank you, Andrew! We appreciate your review. We value our customers and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Best, Madalyn Ferrara

Nael Zaino LA

Proffesional installer and fast completion

Reply from SolarSesame

Nael, we spotted your 5-star review. Wow! Thank you so much for trusting us, and I can’t wait to share the team! Best, Madalyn Ferrara

Rafael Osorio Tucson, AZ

Prompt response, friendly staff, very professional staff

Reply from SolarSesame

Rafael, Thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate your kind words!

Eric Klinger Folsom, CA

Great company with great people and fast install

Reply from SolarSesame

Eric, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Have a great day!

christina silva Huntington Beach, CA

Everyone was courteous and explained the entire process clearly

Reply from SolarSesame

Christina, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your 5-star review. It means a lot to the whole team, and I will personally relay the positive feedback to them! Thank you for going solar with us! Best, Madalyn Ferrara