Solar Titan USA

3.2

LAST UPDATED: August 8th, 2022

Solar Titan USA is based in Tennessee, Florida, Kentucky, and Georgia operating since 2015. The company is headquartered in Knoxville, and is led by a team of solar experts. The company is privately held, with an estimated 150 employees as of 2021.

Customer reviews have been very positive as to the company’s solar panel installation services, and the company offers many attractive benefits for customers to overcome barriers to getting started with solar energy.

The Good

• State of the Art Technology
  • Knowledgeable
  • Efficient
  • Zero Down Loan

State of the Art Technology

Solar Titan USA installs high end solar panels that are able to move individually and are controlled through a cloud-based system that’s accessible from most phones, computers, and tablets. The system will monitor each panel for power output and efficiency.

Knowledgeable

The company has a team of solar experts and takes a collaborative approach to each project to determine the best course of action. This multidisciplinary approach means that customers will have access to the right set of skills at each stage of the installation process.

Efficient

The company installs panels on different areas of a roof so as to not waste space and collect as much solar power as possible. This efficient use of the building’s space reflects on the company’s sustainable values and commitment to provide value for customers.

Zero Down Loan

For qualified applicants, there is a zero down loan option through Solar Titan USA’s financing company for purchasing solar panels. This makes panels financially accessible to customers, with very little up front investment, apart from time and effort.

The Bad

• Non Transparent Pricing
  • Workmanship Warranty

Non Transparent Pricing

The pricing for Solar Titan USA’s services is not listed on the company's website; potential customers will need to set up a free energy consultation with a representative and request a quote. Each installation has its own custom factors to consider: everything from size of system, current usage, and storage are considered when designing a custom solar panel system.

Workmanship Warranty

Solar Titan USA does not appear to disclose the terms of its workmanship warranty until after the homeowners has secured a free quote. Solar Titan USA provides all customers with a welcome packet detailing its warranty information; however, this information would be helpful to homeowners comparing multiple providers. The workmanship or labor warranty guarantees the company's work for a set period of time and covers the cost of necessary maintenance.

The Bottom Line

Solar Titan USA has many advantages that will benefit customers, the primary one being the Zero Down Loan program. This is a no-brainer for customers who wish to benefit from the savings of solar panels but are hesitant due to up-front costs. Homeowners are encouraged to ask about the solar company's labor warranty terms and read verified Solar Titan USA reviews.

View Best Solar Companies

1.9

Tony Moore Lawrenceburg, TN

Great system with great reporting on the mobile app. Producing our own power now to offset high utility bills. One stop shop. Met with the rep and provided usage information and they did the rest including professional installation.

Farookh Syed Alpharetta, GA

If you are stupid to order from them, you deserve to be screwed. I ordered despite bad reviews to give them a chance and they deserve every one star review they have. Three months after they took my money, no call or updates from them. NOT A CALL. I just lost $11,000. When you call themthey promise an call back and an update but their word is just as good as the POS company they are. I never write company reviews but I want to save America from this piece of crap. Look elsewhere. People are clueless, false promises and thugs.

21 hours ago

Robert Carvell Miami, FL

Very nice salesperson and very quick to get the panels installed. After that, forget it. The customer service department should be re-named chaos incorporated. I was made some promises that have not been kept and now it is nigh impossible to believe anything I have been told.

Klepper Cookeville, TN

We signed a contract April 2021 they came to our house and installed the solar panels June 2021 and here it is June 2022 and we still have no solar energy. We've been making $400 a month payments on a system that is not even working and also our electricity bill each month. We have doubled our utility expenses since purchasing this unit. We have failed numerous inspections and commissioning. The system does not work at all like we were led to believe by the salesperson this company should be charged with fraud with all of what they have done to other people including us. I would not even give them a one star.

Sarah Atlanta, GA

Worst company I have ever dealt with. They are quick to get the panels installed but after that good luck. No one seems to know what they are doing all the technicians that have came to work on the system stay for around 20 minutes and ultimately leave saying whatever the issues is they aren't trained to fix. Solar Titan continues to waste everyone's time sending these technicians that can't get anything operational. You are expected to pay for a system that isn't operational and who knows if it ever will be. Wish I could give them negative stars because honestly one star is too good for them. Trying to speak with anyone is pointless as everyone I have spoken to either doesn't care or doesn't have the mental capacity to understand what the issue is.

Gerrai Bailey OH

I didn’t think that I would get approved but have been looking at options for solar panels to save money on electric bills since my family is home more often nowadays! I called several companies and chose to go with Solar Titan USA from friend referral and reviews. Amazing fast service and they are friendly! They walk you through the entire process.

Reply from Solar Titan USA

Hello Gerrai, We pride ourselves on keeping our customers informed and aware of what part of the process we are in. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your experience with Solar Titan USA. Taking care of families by providing a quick and easy journey to going solar is our passion.

Aug. 9th, 2021

Andrew Dutton South Pittsburg, TN

The technology is great, but the entire process is crap. Their customer service and scheduling is horrible. I have been paying for my system for over 3 months, and it is still not fully operational. It has been a month since the last tech was out, and I had to call them to find out when I will be scheduled next. I just got off the phone for the 3rd time, trying to talk to the scheduling department, still not scheduled. Sales people promise the world, then leave you hanging with a subpar process.

Anca Galesanu Florence, KY

The sales person, Chase, was great! He left the company since. The instalation crew was great - fast and good service. Panels were installed quick and the electrical crew came and hooked them up in a couple of weeks. The panels are working, but I am unable to use them because they don't seem to be able to find an engineer to come and do the inspection. At this point, I had been waiting for 6 WEEKS without being able to use the sysyem! That is during the best time of the year to use solar. Despite what they claim in their paperwork, this is NOT the county's fault for things getting delayed! The county had been ready for the inspection FOR WEEKS, but they have not received the necessary info from Solar Titan! So, don't let yourself fooled by the "it's not our fault"and "it's out of your control" excuses! They keep promissing to call me back, but they still don't have an answer and now, when I'm calling, they don't answer the phone!

Bruce Whitehead Austin, TX

Too bad zero stars is not an option. 1. Their customer service is just awful. They do a great job selling, but getting someone to communicate with you after the sale is a challenge. I literally just spent 20 mins on hold waiting for an explanation why a technician didn’t show up today as planned. They answer, and put you on hold. Then never respond. 2. The batteries (generac) they sell cannot operate under 41 degrees F. They go into standby mode. Keep that in mind if solar titan encourages you to put the batteries outside. 3. The delays in certification (not installing) can take months. 4. High turnover in the office. This affects the customer service in many ways. Lack of knowledge and inability to answer simple questions is prevalent. I know for the Knoxville area there aren’t many options if you want solar. However, this company makes something that should be cool into a journey of aggravation. If I were to do it over again I would NOT use solar titan.

Shannon Cantrell Oak Ridge, TN

We had a great experience with Solar Titan!! Seeing some of these bad reviews on here surprises me and my husband. Our daughter and her family are next in line for Solar Titan to install Spring 2022. Our system was mid size and installed in 5 weeks, fully operational, inspections complete too. They educated us a lot on Solar Power! Glad we own our own power! Surely these few negative remarks cannot compare to the many satisfied customers they surely have and will continue to have as Solar keeps growing.

Dreydan Niemann

This has saved me so much money! I love the look of my install. Haven’t paid a power bill to Duke in 2 years!

Ken Calhoun, GA

Took 5 months to install what should of took 4 weeks. Lack of communication within the company. Bottom line, I saved 21 dollars off my bill. It will take me 3 or 4 lifetimes to break even. I will never benefit from solar, the next homeowner might till something goes wrong. Never mind the pleasantries, its a terrible business decision. I can’t think of anything positive, stay away from solar promotions and the sales pitch is all BS.

Jane Woodward Nashville, TN

I was lied to about so many things and now between my loan and my electric bill that I'm not supposed to have is $200 more than I was paying without solar. I I have called and called and called so many times I'm about to scream. I may get made promises that upper management will call me etc etc and it's never happened. I had five family members that were ready to pay cash to have they're solar panels put in but I refuse to refer them to solar titan.

Mike Franklin, NC

Not much to like. Disliked price, communication, misrepresentations. Company is not trustworthy. Failed to show on 7 appointments, Zero contact on 3 of those.

Linda Morrow Taylorsville, KY

Solar Titan said they would do all the leg work. They have lied to us repeatedly. They installed panels on our home and electrical work without the required permits (they told us they had) therefore we cannot get it inspected and turned on. We are being charged interest on a loan for the past 2 months for a product they will not complete. As soon as they put the panels on they tell the loan company that the job is complete and they get their money. They do not answer their phone once that happens. Our salesman said there was a 25 year warranty on everything. That is untrue the only 25 year warrantee is on the panels which are from China so we won't be holding our breath.

Cathy Swatzell Lenoir City, TN

I would not recommend this company to anyone, and buyers beware! This is just a list of the current events not including the problems before. You are told when you purchase the system it is fully monitored. This is not true, or they are just ignoring the notices being sent to them. My system has been down this time since December 25,2021. Jan 20,2022 I called spoke to Missy who said she would check my system and call me back. Jan 21,2022 I called Missy back she apologized for not getting back to me that she was working on returning phone calls. Missy says she is looking into my system and will call me back. Jan 24,2022 I call Solar Edge who informs me my system has been down with error codes that had been sent to Solar Titan without any responses. I call Missy after speaking to Solar Edge and inform her about my system not working and how long it has not been working. Missy wanted to argue that my system has been working. If my system was working like Missy said it was, I would not have a $152 electric bill. Missy talks to Solar Edge and finds out my system is not working and has not been working. Missy then passes me to Kim who does the scheduling. Kim cannot get anyone out to look at my system until Jan 31,2022. Jan 31, 2022 I receive a text from Kim that the crew she had scheduled cannot come because they been exposed to covid. I asked if that was the only crew she had considering how much I paid for this system and now I'm incurring electric bills. Kim had a crew to come out late in the afternoon they arrived around 4p.m. They flip some breakers tell my husband they don't know what is wrong with the system they are trying to get in touch with Solar Edge to find out what is wrong. My husband tells them that Solar Edge said some strings wasn't working. Cadan (the tech who's working on the system) tells my husband it's not on the work order and he needed to speak to Solar Edge to trouble shoot it. Cadan says he will be back first thing in the morning. Feb 1,2022. Feb 1, 2022 Cadan sends me a text that another job has been added to him that he will not make it until later in the day. I responded with BS and called Kim. Cadan did show up was here for 8 hours He had to replace our invertor. I pointed out that our production meter wasn't working. He said he would let the office know. Feb 4,2022, I sent Cadan a text, because I had not heard from anyone, asking about the meter. Feb 6,2022 Cadan responded that it was not on his schedule he would check and get back to me. Feb 7,2022, I called spoke to Hannah about the meter then Kim calls back and said she had someone coming out Feb 9,2022 to install a new meter. I mention that I think my battery is not working. When Max calls Feb9, 2022 to let me know he is own is way I ask if he can look at my battery that for someone reason it is now not charging or are we using it. He tells me that he is only coming to install a meter. I email Solar Edge to open a case that my battery is not working. Feb 14,2022 I call Solar Titan I tell the man that now my battery is not working he says I will take a note, and someone might call you back this week. Feb 14, 2022 I go to Solar Titan and have a meeting with Russ L chief operating officer and Shawna H VP of sales with all my concerns and frustration. To be told by both of them this will be looked into, and I'd be taken care of. Today is Feb 17,2022 I called Russ and left a message at 9:10 a.m. that I have not heard from anyone and according to Solar Edge my battery is setting Idle that the installer needs to take a look at it. 02/19/2022 UPDATE I’m excited to say Cheyenne got my battery working ! High five to her. Like every where else they are short handed and are hiring. I’m back to not using electricity! It’s great when everything is working!

Mark Bleakmore Louisville, KY

Horrible customer service. Panel wiring was screwed to roof, now our new 14 thousand dollar roof leaks, and they have insulted me and my wife saying roof already leaked. It has been over a year now so I will hire roofer to fix myself.

John Reno Chelsea, MI

(Harrodsburg, KY) Responding to a request to get a quote was amazingly fast. The sales people were courteous and respectful, but leaned to the side of high pressure. However, I specifically asked the sales personnel if I was going to get a Tesla battery backup and they said yes - it turned out to be an LG battery. I also asked if I could monitor individual power cell arrays with the app, and they said yes, I would have that capability - it didn't and never will since the type of system installed is a system that can only provide visibility into a bank of cells, and even so, the app doesn't provide that visibility either. Installation was so bad I had to have the team recalled from Tennessee (I am in Central Kentucky) as they had stopped up the plumbing vent on my roof with the solar cells and my bath tub would no longer drain. When I complained, they argued with me that my problem was impossible, yet when they fixed the roof vent in their mickey mouse manner, the bathtub drained properly. To fix the drainage problem they had to move one of the panels to an offset (and goofy looking) position on the roof. I also had to call them back in to fix the interior mounting of the electrical panel. On the interior equipment installation they had run the wires in such a way that the panel was no longer able to set properly on the wall and the house's electrical outlet was reinstalled in an unsafe manner. The crew was just in too much of a rush to get home and didn't check their own work. After a month or two we had high winds and the high voltage cables were blown loose and whipped around on the roof, so I had to call them back in again. My unsolicited advice? Do your homework on more than just the type of solar system you want. Look carefully at the company doing the installation. I would never recommend this company to anyone. 03//4/2022 Update (Harrodsburg, KY) My system has not been working since January 27th, I called Solar Titan Support February 8th for assistance and they individual could not identify the Inverter that was installed so they arranged for me to speak to a scheduler. They gave me an appointment three weeks out, when I tried to address how unacceptable that was, the scheduler started crying (I never said anything that could have triggered that kind of response, so it must have been "the straw that broke the camel's back"). So, after the three weeks, I called to Solar Titan Scheduling when I noticed that they were over an hour late, Scott told me that they were on their way and that he'd have the team call me to indicate when they would arrive. Four hours later and not having received a call from the crew, I called Solar Titan again, Scott informed me that he'd make sure the crew gave me an ETI of when they'd arrive. Late in the evening, after seven hours after they were supposed to show, I called Scott again and he told me that they were not going to show up because they were scheduled to do another job that day! I asked if I could speak to his manager and he told me that he was the manager, so I asked if I could speak to someone that he reports to and he said that he'd place my name on the list for his supervisor to return calls to, but candidly he admitted that he didn't think that I'd hear back from him. Anyway, he rescheduled another appointment which was one-week out. Today, is that day, and guess what? The crew is not here when I was told, and now I am waiting for the crew to finish another job they were working.

Michael Sveen Greenville, KY

WORST COMPANY OUT THERE! Started this in July 2021 but still not completed (01/07/2022). Purchased a whole home and Solar Titan started to install a smaller system on my house, Had to show my sales invoice to show the installer and he had to remove the items that he installed on my house leaving holes in my siding. the same installer when he install the inverter broke the internal breaker, when i saw this , he stated "it still works". I had to call the company to have it replaced. the issue is communication. They took our money with no problem, signed us up for their program with no problem. We are now paying for the system and our utility bill = double charges and double payments. no one calls back. we are told dates for work to be done. no one shows up, and no one calls. dates set promises made - no one shows or when they do they are not prepared to work or have the wrong order/wrong equipment. If I don't check their work then it would be done wrong. It is not right that we are the ones who are seen as complaining when we are not the ones who break their word. the area we live in states you have to have a master electrician and Solar Titan states this is the scheduling problem, but then they send people to work who cannot do anything because the master electrician does not show up. so no work gets done.

Regina T Smith Sevierville, TN

Signed paperwork in August, it was the end of November before solar panels were turned on only after I called several times. Purchased whole home solar system to now be told it's just back up. Told no electric bill except for maybe meter rental now paying high electric bill and Solar bill loan. No calls returned just getting the run around this is January 28th very dissatisfied. Solar Titan does not stand by their promises.

Michael S Columbus, OH

this company is nothing but headaches. signed the contract, no one shows up, we call, no one calls back, when they do call and give a date they do not show up, they stop calling again, spoke with so many people but nothing is resolved, said we would cancel, then some work done - after several months of calling, then they disappeared again, no one calls, no calls back, given new dates, no one shows up. paid large deposit, work is not done

James k.

The people are friendly and the environment is fun and exciting.

Doug Bagwell Jonesborough, TN

Solar Titan has a great sales team and were quick to get the panels up on my house and a follow up crew got the batteries and inventor installed in a timely manner. Problem’s started when the system failed first State Electrical inspection. Very very slow to finish the job. Zero customer communication, poor customer service

mark webb Knoxville, TN

My Experience is POOR!! The Company "POLICY" that both spouses be present for the initial analysis & discussion is quite irritating. Once a proposal is written & ready to be submitted having both spouses make more sense. We will be getting quotes from others now that our "appointment" was CANCELED by Solar Titan.

Elari Antioch, TN

Bad and rude costumes service Manger Sara is the always lying in every thing Try to contact the owner for more than 2 months never got any call back

Rachel Phy Knoxville, TN

The individuals are extremely knowledgeable

Reply from Solar Titan USA

Hello Rachel, thank you so much for your kind words!

Aug. 6th, 2021