Solar America Logo
LAST UPDATED: August 18th, 2022

Solar America is a solar resource for property owners looking to utilize solar energy to power their specific property. The company provides information on the top producing solar installers all across the United States. The resource is designed to connect solar clients with the companies that can help them install an energy-efficient solar system.

The Solar America platform has developed relationships with several key players in the industry. These relationships expand to solar distributors, manufacturers, and even local installers in hopes of eliminating the endless options clients are bombarded with when they begin their solar purchasing journey.

It is important to note that Solar America is not a solar installation company. It also does not manufacture any solar systems, equipment, or products. Solar America is strictly an additional resource prospective clients can use in determining what company would be a good fit for solar installation services and what manufacturer would best suit the needs of each individual property.

The Good

• Solar Installation Grades
  • Cost and Savings Calculator
  • Manufacturer Ratings
  • Service Area

Solar Installation Grades

Finding the ideal fit when it comes to a solar installation company can be a strenuous process for prospective solar customers. While user reviews are critical, it is important to have expert analysis as part of the equation. This is the need Solar America looks to fill. Each installer rated on Solar America will receive a score based on a number of data points that can help clients determine what solar installer is the best fit.

Cost and Savings Calculator

It is no secret that having a solar system installed can allow for thousands of dollars in savings over the lifespan of the solar system. But there is also a hefty initial investment property owners have to make in order to access solar power. These savings and cost breakdowns are a determining factor with many prospective solar clients who want to know if the system will save enough money in the long run to be worth it.

To assist in this area, Solar America has created a cost and savings calculator. While other solar companies offer a similar tool, the details that Solar America takes into consideration provide a relatively accurate breakdown of total savings over time. This tool also provides consumers with the equipment information they need to know including:

• Number of solar panels needed
  • Average local prices for a particular system
  • Estimated savings over system lifetime
  • Payback period information

Manufacturer Ratings

There are a number of solar manufacturers operating within the solar industry, and it can be difficult to determine what system or equipment type is best for each project. To eliminate this frustration, Solar America provides manufacturer ratings on tier-1 panels, inverters, batters, and solar accessories. These manufacturer ratings provide consumers with information on product quality, performance, and even equipment durability in inclement weather conditions. There is also key information on warranties for each piece of equipment.

Service Area

A vast majority of solar installation companies solely provide installation services in one state or a select few populated cities with a state. Very few solar installation companies service multiple states or provide services across the country. Because solar is geographically restricted, it can be difficult to find adequate information on local providers. That is where Solar America steps in. The company offers information on installers and manufacturers in 35 states, eliminating some of the headache for the consumer.

The Bad

• Does Not Provide Installation Services
  • No Financing Solutions Offered

Does Not Provide Installation Services

Solar America is not a solar installation company nor does it manufacture solar products or systems. The company serves a unique purpose in helping homeowners find and decide which installation provider to work with and what equipment would best suit the property’s needs.

In short, Solar America is a solar resource, not a provider in any way. While clients may want to look into what information and resources Solar America has to offer, it is important to keep in mind that the service will not help clients get free quotes, design estimates, or other solutions that typical solar installation companies provide.

No Financing Solutions Offered

Solar America provides a lot of information on how to finance a solar system. It can help clients look into federal and state tax incentives that may be available in qualifying circumstances. Beyond that, the Solar America service does not assist in the actual financing of the rest of the system and the installation costs.

Most solar companies offer a number of financing options, whether it is to subsidize the installation cost or the price for the actual equipment. Solar is an investment, and many solar clients need access to financing option to make solar energy a possibility for their property. Many solar installation companies will partner with a credit union or organization to help clients obtain access to solar specific funds.

Solar America does not offer this solution nor does it provide potential solar clients with information on where to go for solar financing.

The Bottom Line

Solar America is a solar resource for clients interested in having a solar system installed on their property. The service offers solar installation grades on local solar installation operations to help clients get a feel of what kind of services are available in their area.

Additionally, prospective solar customers can take advantage of the cost and savings calculator tool available through Solar America to find out just how much solar can save each client in the long run. In conjunction with solar installation information, Solar America provides in-depth ratings on the actual solar equipment. Only tier-1 manufacturers are rated.

Lastly, Solar America covers 35 states all across the country, providing a rather robust service area for potential solar clients.

While Solar America may offer some useful information that prospective customers can use in their decision-making process, that is as far as Solar America can take them. The company does not offer solar installation services nor does it provide financing options for clients looking to start using renewable energy.

Considering what Solar America offers to prospective solar clients, it may be worth looking into just for informational purposes. Additional information may assist property owners on their solar journey. However, beyond these purposes, Solar America is not much help.

View Best Solar Companies

5.0

Margaret Flores Bend, OR

Solar America Initiative was not only one of the most economical but once booked to come and do the install, had a large group of guys get the install job done in 2 days, with another couple days following to complete the wiring, etc.Recommended

11 hours ago

Tony Richard San Francisco, CA

So thrilled I moved forward with a family-owned solar company, Solar America Initiative even went as far as introducing me to the entire team and showing me around the warehouse before I made my final decision, the office responds quickly and is always updated on current stages from start to finish.

Matthew Laney Perris, CA

Solar America was the company chosen to install solar panels on a former residence of mine. There were significant financial incentives being offered for solar installation at the time and the representatives at Solar America were very knowledgeable and helpful. After installation our out-of-pocket monthly energy costs were greatly reduced. Great company.

Keith Merchant Phoenix, AZ

This company arrived as scheduled. They were very thorough and detailed with the pricing , process and time frame. They did a great job and were easy to work with, especially with having no knowledge of solar. I highly recommend using them.

William Goebel Buffalo, NY

The entire venture was a very positive experience for me. From telling me how things would proceed right down to completion of the project was seamless. I am enjoying not only the quality all the solar panels but the awesome production they seem to be making. I wish I would not have waited so long to do this.

Dane Herman New York, NY

The guys are super friendly and very professional at what they do. They hooked up my house in Bradenton with Solar America Initiative. It was the smoothest process, very straightforward, and easy to understand.

Krystal

Getting solar panels was the best decision that we ever made. We also added smart features to our home and we can control everything from anywhere. We are so glad we made these upgrades.

Petra Dominic Boardman, OR

Their referral program is unique and seamless to use. It’s as easy as downloading an app which we all do constantly anyway. I felt comfortable sharing their info with people I know because of how pleased I am with the providers they hooked me up with. I’m bestowing that information on others and earning money for doing so.

Edward Simmons Dhaka, 13

The technician was polite, professional, and thorough. He made everything easy and within 1 hour we were connected and could see our solar usage on the app with a full understanding of the system, how it works, how to maintain it, and what to expect going forward. We can highly recommend Solar America Initiative and most importantly.

Stuart  Mazur Los Angeles, CA

I have worked with the technician, he was great in providing me insight on the process and helping lower my bill. Always recommend his services!

Marisa Wilson Los Angeles, CA

I had a good experience when working with Solar America Initiative! I appreciate that they provided me multiple options, so I saved a lot of time & hassle by having them compare the different products and solutions. We are excited and can't wait until our solar project is done : )

Terri Evans San Jose, CA

Could I have researched every distributor, manufacturer and installer in my area myself in advance of going solar? Sure but did I have the time on my hands to do that? Nope! Solar America did it for me and all I had to do was let them hook me up with the best.

Nadine Cole Columbus, OH

Loved the fact that they put in the due diligence so that we didn’t have to and that it was done nationally. That meant that after being 100% pleased I could recommend them to my parents who live halfway across the country from us.

Tiffany Webb Boardman, OR

Solar America helped me create a comfortable environment for this large future investment by never putting any pressure on me to clinch the deal from the start. After the installation, representatives were constantly ready to answer questions. Overall, it was a terrific adventure!

Earl Stanley Dumont, NJ

Because of their competence and honesty, we chose Solar America after obtaining proposals from three other companies that offer this type of servicing. They're also aware of the customer's needs and eager to accompany them through the finance and conversion processes.

Katrina Sullivan Boardman, OR

We love our new solar panels. They did such a nice job installing them and we immediately started saving money. I recommend Solar America.

Bruce Gonzalez Columbus, OH

Everything went off without a hitch during the installation. The team was also pleasant and competent. I appreciate the professionalism that the Solar America sales and installation teams demonstrated when they came to my house and offered me a new sense of independence.

Shannon Ramos Hockessin, DE

Solar America didn't try to impress me by making promises they couldn't follow merely to get my business. Instead, we discussed the details at each stage so that they could manage my expectations. A few unanticipated difficulties developed, as they do with any large project, but the Solar America team dealt with them promptly and effectively.

Molly Pilkenton San Jose, CA

Don’t think they work only with solar panels, which is what I thought, but they provide other services as well. For me they helped find a provider for me to set up a Smart Home. They found me a company that has provided me with 100% satisfaction.

Judith Brest Boardman, OR

Their personnel are courteous and professional. They are also well-versed in their product and its benefits. Solar America was chosen by our household because their customer service has always been of top shelf quality.

Alma Rodriguez Boardman, OR

When we bought our house I was desperately wanting to go as green as possible. That sounds good in theory until you have to find a company and don’t know where to turn. Solar American has a great referral network and takes the entire due diligence process seriously.

Allyson Burton Fords, NJ

Our installation went so well and I feel like we owe that, at least in part, to Solar America. Everything happened right on time and in order. They have a lot of knowledge in the industry and you can count on them.

Yvette Dillon Stockton, CA

You hear about solar energy and its benefits all of the time. We had a major interest but no idea which company to go with. Solar America was super helpful in pairing us with the right company for us.

Cynthia Bruck Sarasota, FL

Found an awesome solar panel installer through Solar America! Had an amazing experience! Would highly recommend!

Luis Tomaz Hockessin, DE

Wonderful customer service. They have been a tremendous help to us.