Solar America Logo

Solar America

LAST UPDATED: February 2nd, 2023

Solar America is a solar resource for property owners looking to utilize solar energy to power their specific property. The company provides information on the top producing solar installers all across the United States. The resource is designed to connect solar clients with the companies that can help them install an energy-efficient solar system.

The Solar America platform has developed relationships with several key players in the industry. These relationships expand to solar distributors, manufacturers, and even local installers in hopes of eliminating the endless options clients are bombarded with when they begin their solar purchasing journey.

It is important to note that Solar America is not a solar installation company. It also does not manufacture any solar systems, equipment, or products. Solar America is strictly an additional resource prospective clients can use in determining what company would be a good fit for solar installation services and what manufacturer would best suit the needs of each individual property.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• Solar Installation Grades
  • Cost and Savings Calculator
  • Manufacturer Ratings
  • Service Area

Solar Installation Grades

Finding the ideal fit when it comes to a solar installation company can be a strenuous process for prospective solar customers. While user reviews are critical, it is important to have expert analysis as part of the equation. This is the need Solar America looks to fill. Each installer rated on Solar America will receive a score based on a number of data points that can help clients determine what solar installer is the best fit.

Cost and Savings Calculator

It is no secret that having a solar system installed can allow for thousands of dollars in savings over the lifespan of the solar system. But there is also a hefty initial investment property owners have to make in order to access solar power. These savings and cost breakdowns are a determining factor with many prospective solar clients who want to know if the system will save enough money in the long run to be worth it.

To assist in this area, Solar America has created a cost and savings calculator. While other solar companies offer a similar tool, the details that Solar America takes into consideration provide a relatively accurate breakdown of total savings over time. This tool also provides consumers with the equipment information they need to know including:

• Number of solar panels needed
  • Average local prices for a particular system
  • Estimated savings over system lifetime
  • Payback period information

Manufacturer Ratings

There are a number of solar manufacturers operating within the solar industry, and it can be difficult to determine what system or equipment type is best for each project. To eliminate this frustration, Solar America provides manufacturer ratings on tier-1 panels, inverters, batters, and solar accessories. These manufacturer ratings provide consumers with information on product quality, performance, and even equipment durability in inclement weather conditions. There is also key information on warranties for each piece of equipment.

Service Area

A vast majority of solar installation companies solely provide installation services in one state or a select few populated cities with a state. Very few solar installation companies service multiple states or provide services across the country. Because solar is geographically restricted, it can be difficult to find adequate information on local providers. That is where Solar America steps in. The company offers information on installers and manufacturers in 35 states, eliminating some of the headache for the consumer.

The Bad

• Does Not Provide Installation Services
  • No Financing Solutions Offered

Does Not Provide Installation Services

Solar America is not a solar installation company nor does it manufacture solar products or systems. The company serves a unique purpose in helping homeowners find and decide which installation provider to work with and what equipment would best suit the property’s needs.

In short, Solar America is a solar resource, not a provider in any way. While clients may want to look into what information and resources Solar America has to offer, it is important to keep in mind that the service will not help clients get free quotes, design estimates, or other solutions that typical solar installation companies provide.

No Financing Solutions Offered

Solar America provides a lot of information on how to finance a solar system. It can help clients look into federal and state tax incentives that may be available in qualifying circumstances. Beyond that, the Solar America service does not assist in the actual financing of the rest of the system and the installation costs.

Most solar companies offer a number of financing options, whether it is to subsidize the installation cost or the price for the actual equipment. Solar is an investment, and many solar clients need access to financing option to make solar energy a possibility for their property. Many solar installation companies will partner with a credit union or organization to help clients obtain access to solar specific funds.

Solar America does not offer this solution nor does it provide potential solar clients with information on where to go for solar financing.

The Bottom Line

Solar America is a solar resource for clients interested in having a solar system installed on their property. The service offers solar installation grades on local solar installation operations to help clients get a feel of what kind of services are available in their area.

Additionally, prospective solar customers can take advantage of the cost and savings calculator tool available through Solar America to find out just how much solar can save each client in the long run. In conjunction with solar installation information, Solar America provides in-depth ratings on the actual solar equipment. Only tier-1 manufacturers are rated.

Lastly, Solar America covers 35 states all across the country, providing a rather robust service area for potential solar clients.

While Solar America may offer some useful information that prospective customers can use in their decision-making process, that is as far as Solar America can take them. The company does not offer solar installation services nor does it provide financing options for clients looking to start using renewable energy.

Considering what Solar America offers to prospective solar clients, it may be worth looking into just for informational purposes. Additional information may assist property owners on their solar journey. However, beyond these purposes, Solar America is not much help.

View Best Solar Companies

5.0

Nicole

Their fast response time and the fact that I was able to speak directly with the CSR working with me from Solar America, both contribute to the exceptional quality of the customer care they provide.

Frank Ginter San Jose, CA

We are so happy with the Solar America team! They have been really helpful and informative. I never thought a solar installation would be something that is needed for our property, but now it's evident how much of an impact this can make when you're looking at your future energy needs closely - especially in these times where prices keep going up every day or week depending on what kind of oil source they use as well (even though we all know there aren’t enough barrels left). The crew came out to do their job last week which involved putting moduleson top o four roofs-including ones near windowsills where possible; no one wants anything blocking

Carmen Johnson Charlotte, NC

I am so happy with the service I received from Solar America. They were very responsive and professional throughout my experience, answered all of my questions quickly without hesitation or delay in getting back to me which made it easy for an anxious customer like myself! The installers arrived on time (and they even helped clean up afterwards!), did a great job installing this new system--they werefriendly too!! overall words cannot describe how satisfied i am about these guys

Dennis Cobb Buffalo, NY

The marketing team at Solar America is the best in business. They will take their time with you and answer all of your questions thoroughly, even if it takes a little longer than usual for them to do so because they know how important this process can be! The staff here cares about making sure that each customer feels taken care off-they're always friendly but more importantly professional when dealing directly with customers' needs

Andre Weeden Chicago, IL

Solar America is a great company to work with. I had some questions about my system and the customer service team was patient enough for me to ask all of them! They made sure that if anything wasn't clear or didn’t make sense in their explanation then rest assured they will do everything possible so you understand it better going forward

Ben Turner Las Vegas, NV

I am so excited to say that with the help of Solar America, my electric bill is only $300 total! And during this hot summer season when everyone else had their rates sky-high too...I've saved myself 350$ a month. Thank You for making such an amazing product available at such affordable prices!!

Virginia Medrano Salt Lake City, UT

The Solar America is a company that I would recommend to anyone. They helped me out when my old solar system stopped working and they were very responsive in identifying the problem, getting it fixed quickly for an affordable price!

Bradley Miller Los Angeles, CA

I used to pay over $550 every month for my electric bill, but now with the help of Solar America I only have payments around 300. That is saving me more than 250 dollars each year!I'm so excited about this savings and hope others will discover solar power too in order cut their costs down even further

Angela Wilburn Salt Lake City, UT

The installation crew did an incredible job. They were very easy to work with. I have been in contact with our representatives in the office on a regular basis keeping me informed about the plan and any paperwork that is needed. We are very happy with this investment in our property.

Clinton Phillips CA

Definitely consider this company for your solar installation. They got quotes from various installers and got me a great deal. Saving money on energy costs and happy once some problems with incentives were solved . Thank you, Solar America.

William Gomez Miami, FL

Faster response times for one. Courteous service. Although overall I think this company is really doing a good and efficient job. The warranty could definitely be longer for the product to be worth it. Would highly recommend them!

Trisha Albright Bend, OR

Excellent service and very easy to work with. The salesperson, was informative, responsive and a pleasure to work with. He explained every single aspect of the solar process from beginning to end. I would definitely recommend them!

Bridgette Driscoll Atlanta, GA

very happy with my solar system so far but it is winter time and we are not get a lot of sun.But when we did get longer sun light hours it saw the savings on my electric bill i,.m happy that i went to solar for the savings. The people that i have had to talk to has been very helpful.I would recommend this company if they are thinking of going solar Thanks

Danielle Bullot Bend, OR

I shopped around for Solar and I have to say that I made the right decision, by choosing Solar America Initiative, The technician is very professional and knowledgeable , he answered all my questions on the system and the procedure of the installation,the desk man from Customer Service is also very professional and knowledgeable, he helps me understand the app on my phone. Thank you very much I'm very happy with all of it.

Edward Dineen Ashburn, VA

Easy to deal with and very professional from initial contact to installation. they were knowledgeable, with no sales pressure. High-quality workmanship and left no mess. I would and have recommended them to others.

Jerry Young Las Vegas, NV

The marketing team is awesome and super patient, they will take their time with you and thoroughly explain everything with you. If you are frustrated they will do everything to the best of their ability to go out of their way for you to make sure YOU get what you want. 10/10 AMAZING staff!

Matthew Jack Los Angeles, CA

These guys were great from the start of the project until the end. The technician was my sales associate and answered all my questions. The job was completed within a week of signing the contract. Couldn't be happier with Solar America Initiative's team. Would definitely recommend it!

Greyson Ian Salt Lake City, UT

We met with a few companies in the FLorida area when we were looking to install solar panels on our roof. Upon finding Solar America Initiative,they came with the best offer and we got a fair price.our sales person (professional, honest, and always available). Installation was smooth and we had no complaints. I highly recommend this company.

Margaret Flores Bend, OR

Solar America Initiative was not only one of the most economical but once booked to come and do the install, had a large group of guys get the install job done in 2 days, with another couple days following to complete the wiring, etc.Recommended

Tony Richard San Francisco, CA

So thrilled I moved forward with a family-owned solar company, Solar America Initiative even went as far as introducing me to the entire team and showing me around the warehouse before I made my final decision, the office responds quickly and is always updated on current stages from start to finish.

Matthew Laney Perris, CA

Solar America was the company chosen to install solar panels on a former residence of mine. There were significant financial incentives being offered for solar installation at the time and the representatives at Solar America were very knowledgeable and helpful. After installation our out-of-pocket monthly energy costs were greatly reduced. Great company.

Jeffrey Diggins Southfield, MI

From the start of the estimate to the completion of the project, an A+. The technician was very communicative and had so much patience with me throughout the process. Thanks, man, you did amazing.

Keith Merchant Phoenix, AZ

This company arrived as scheduled. They were very thorough and detailed with the pricing , process and time frame. They did a great job and were easy to work with, especially with having no knowledge of solar. I highly recommend using them.

William Goebel Buffalo, NY

The entire venture was a very positive experience for me. From telling me how things would proceed right down to completion of the project was seamless. I am enjoying not only the quality all the solar panels but the awesome production they seem to be making. I wish I would not have waited so long to do this.

Petra Dominic Boardman, OR

Their referral program is unique and seamless to use. It’s as easy as downloading an app which we all do constantly anyway. I felt comfortable sharing their info with people I know because of how pleased I am with the providers they hooked me up with. I’m bestowing that information on others and earning money for doing so.

Terri Evans San Jose, CA

Could I have researched every distributor, manufacturer and installer in my area myself in advance of going solar? Sure but did I have the time on my hands to do that? Nope! Solar America did it for me and all I had to do was let them hook me up with the best.

Nadine Cole Columbus, OH

Loved the fact that they put in the due diligence so that we didn’t have to and that it was done nationally. That meant that after being 100% pleased I could recommend them to my parents who live halfway across the country from us.

Earl Stanley Dumont, NJ

Because of their competence and honesty, we chose Solar America after obtaining proposals from three other companies that offer this type of servicing. They're also aware of the customer's needs and eager to accompany them through the finance and conversion processes.

Alma Rodriguez Boardman, OR

When we bought our house I was desperately wanting to go as green as possible. That sounds good in theory until you have to find a company and don’t know where to turn. Solar American has a great referral network and takes the entire due diligence process seriously.

Leonard Grigsby Miami, FL

The roofers and electricians were awesome. They were really knowledgeable and efficient. I would highly recommend them to my friends and relatives!

Chester Sutherland Dallas, TX

Good people there at Solar America Company. Very helpful in getting my solar system expanded with 4 matching additional panels.

Lisa Patton Miami, FL

My electric bill during the summer was $650 now with my solar finance and my electric bill is only $300 total. Saving $350 a month i'm Super excited thank you!

Dane Herman New York, NY

The guys are super friendly and very professional at what they do. They hooked up my house in Bradenton with Solar America Initiative. It was the smoothest process, very straightforward, and easy to understand.

Krystal

Getting solar panels was the best decision that we ever made. We also added smart features to our home and we can control everything from anywhere. We are so glad we made these upgrades.

Allyson Burton Fords, NJ

Our installation went so well and I feel like we owe that, at least in part, to Solar America. Everything happened right on time and in order. They have a lot of knowledge in the industry and you can count on them.

Yvette Dillon Stockton, CA

You hear about solar energy and its benefits all of the time. We had a major interest but no idea which company to go with. Solar America was super helpful in pairing us with the right company for us.

Cori Allen

Very easy customer service experience. They work hard to please our us. I will continue to be a satisfied customer.

Robert Fogle

Very good, honest competent, and professional installation. Very pleased with the standard of work by the installer.

Michael Savage Latham, NY

Good estimate service. It was a good rough estimate to get an idea about a solar system that works for your home.

Bruce Babich Staten Island, NY

Highly satisfied with skills & knowledge. They deserves an award. It's a blessing to be treated as a viable human being. Thanks!!!

Mitchell Shaw Detroit, MI

I seen an ad on Facebook decided to contact them and now planning on actually getting solar. Their staff is super friendly and professional.

Phil Carlson Miami, FL

A pleasure to work with Solar America Initiative!!! They solved many of our problems. Our solar panels are up and running!

Stuart  Mazur Los Angeles, CA

I have worked with the technician, he was great in providing me insight on the process and helping lower my bill. Always recommend his services!

Paul Ransom Staten Island, NY

My panels are working great and they look sharp! Great company, great staff. Highly recommended!

Richard Isbell Detroit, MI

Good company very nice sales guy willing to buy product. Thank you for your time

Katrina Sullivan Boardman, OR

We love our new solar panels. They did such a nice job installing them and we immediately started saving money. I recommend Solar America.

Mindy Wallace Seattle, WA

The staff is friendly and got done when they said they would be.

Justin Coover Ashburn, VA

Love the panels in my Goodyear home. Love the friendly staff.

Richard Pascual Dallas, TX

System saves a lot on electricity bills! Get it now and save in the long run.

Joyce Debord New York, NY

Great company, got the job done in a timely manner with no hassle at all