8.3

LAST UPDATED: August 11th, 2022

Simply Solar is a Bay Area-based solar company that installs residential and commercial solar panel systems, as well as solar battery backup systems. The company provides site analysis, system engineering, permitting, installation, activation, monitoring, and maintenance services. Simply Solar has more than 20 years of experience and has installed thousands of solar panel systems.

Simply Solar provides solar advisors to help customers choose the solar panel system that’s best for their property, whether it’s a residential or commercial property. Then, the customer learns about and chooses their options for equipment, installation, and financing. Finally, Simply Solar completes the installation, putting a portion of the proceeds toward solar projects in foreign and domestic communities.

The Good

• Partners
  • 10-Point Guarantee
  • Warranties
  • Roofing Division
  • In-House Technicians
  • Solar Battery Backup Options

Partners

Simply Solar is a Solaria pro partner diamond, a SolarEdge certified installer, and an LG Chem product partner.

10-Point Guarantee

Simply Solar offers a 10-point guarantee that the company says adds more than $13,950 to the lifetime value of each customer’s solar panel system.

The guarantee promises that Simply Solar will do the following:

• Provide 25-year workmanship warranty covering the work Simply Solar does, as well as any damage that the company’s work might cause
  • Cover any additional electric costs if the new solar panel system doesn’t perform at 90% of the quoted production or better
  • Remove the customer’s solar panels and reinstall them if the client needs a new roof
  • Use the highest quality equipment and installation techniques
  • Respond to questions within two business days
  • Install the solar panel system as quickly as possible
  • Provide a dedicated project manager throughout the solar panel installation
  • Use long-lasting products
  • Address any roof modifications the customer needs
  • Not charge any hidden costs

Warranties

In addition to Simply Solar’s 10-point guarantee, the company provides a 25-year manufacturer warranty and a 25-year satisfaction guarantee. The products the company installs also provide 25- to 30-year product warranties.

Roofing Division

Sometimes residential solar customers need modifications to their roofs when they install a new solar panel system. Simply Solar has its own in-house roofing division, enabling the company to handle any needed roof adjustments without involving an outside roofer. The roofing division, Rockin’ Roofers, can also perform roofing assessments and dry rot evaluations.

In-House Technicians

While some solar companies hire out their work to outside contractors, Simply Solar handles all of its installation work with in-house technicians. This gives the company greater control over installation protocols and techniques and the quality of the training that the technicians receive.

Solar Battery Backup Options

Simply Solar also sells solar battery backup options, which provides options for customers who want to go off-grid or store energy in case of a power outage. Simply Solar uses LG Chem battery storage for both residential and commercial projects.

The Bad

Limited Information

Simply Solar’s website doesn’t provide information about where its services are available, the price ranges for those services, or available financing options.

The Bottom Line

Simply Solar is a solar company based in Petaluma, California, with decades of experience and thousands of solar installations to its name.

The company handles everything from site analysis to system engineering to permitting to installation to monitoring to maintenance. Simply Solar even has an in-house roofing division, called Rockin’ Roofers, that handles roofing services that solar customers might need. The company also uses in-house contractors to install its solar panels. These in-house services not only provide convenience for customers; they also ensure that Simply Solar has greater control over the installation work than companies that hire outside contractors.

Simply Solar has a number of professional partners. The solar company is a Solaria pro partner diamond, a SolarEdge certified installer, and an LG Chem product partner. These partnerships give solar customers more product offerings than companies that sell one brand exclusively. They also speak to Simply Solar’s reputation in the solar industry.

Simply Solar also installs solar battery backup systems, which is an additional service not all solar companies provide.

The company offers a number of reasons to feel confident in its services. One of these is its 10-point guarantee. The 10-point guarantee makes a number of promises to customers, including that Simply Solar will cover any additional electric costs in the first year if the solar panel system it installs doesn’t perform at 90% of the quoted production or better. Simply Solar also provides a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty, a 25-year satisfaction guarantee, and 25- to 30-year product warranties, which are among the longest in the industry.

One downside is that Simply Solar doesn’t specify the price ranges, geographic availability, or financing options for its services.

However, Simply Solar is a great option to look into for customers located near its office in Petaluma, California — especially those who want to work with a well-established company that offers long warranties.

not_listed_location

Simply Solar Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of warranty is offered for a Simply Solar installation?

All installations are covered by a 25-Year Cause and Effect Workmanship Warranty. Rather than ending at the point of sale, Simply Solar provides support and service throughout the lifetime of the system. Starting from the installation date and continuing on throughout the lifecycle of your solar system, Simply Solar has you covered!

Will my system perform at the levels mentioned in the proposal?

Every Simply Solar installation is covered by the Power Performance Promise, which ensures that your new system will perform at or better of the quoted production, or the company will cover any additional cost incurred on your electric bill - for the entire first year. Simply Solar is so confident that your system will perform at the level it was designed to that the company built this promise to illustrate its commitment to excellence.

Does Simply Solar offer any services beyond rooftop solar installations?

Not only does Simply Solar offer a variety of solar installation styles for both residential and commercial properties, but it also offers battery storage solutions and roofing services. The company's roofing expertise allows Simply Solar to offer a holistic approach to your rooftop solar and to consult on combination roofing and solar projects.

How straightforward are the pricing options offered by Simply Solar? Do I need to purchase a subscription or enter into a lease agreement?

Simply Solar is dedicated to simplifying the solar adoption process, and to that end it offers only straightforward purchasing options. Instead of having to understand a complicated subscription process or leasing agreement, you can purchase your system directly from the company; it's as easy as that. Plus, this direct purchase method guarantees that you’re the one benefitting from the value of solar, not someone else!

Will I be able to rely on Simply Solar for questions or concerns regarding my solar installation?

Simply Solar is passionate about optimizing and improving the customer support experience. That’s why the company developed proprietary software to enable internal support teams to best serve the needs of customers. Additionally, every customer is assigned a dedicated support team to take care of them throughout the installation process, ensuring you never feel left in the dark about the process. Beyond the dedicated support element, the company supplements its service offering with extensive educational content and video training through the Solar Academy. No matter what needs or questions you may have, Simply Solar will be with you every step of the way to support and assist you.

What if I have an issue with my roof after I’ve installed a solar system?

If you have an issue with your roof that requires replacement, Simply Solar offers a One-Time remove and replace option as part of its Simply Solar Guarantee. The company will remove the solar system from your property and replace it on your roof once repairs are completed.
Message from
Simply Solar

With more than 20 years of solar construction experience, Simply Solar is passionate about creating advanced solar system designs using industry-leading products.

We stand behind our work with our exclusive Simply Solar Guarantee, and our professional teams work tirelessly to simplify the complex world of solar power and provide you with educational resources that are intuitive and informative.

From full site analysis to system engineering, permitting, installation, activation, monitoring, and maintenance, we do it all! When you work with Simply Solar, you’re not just buying a product — you’ll also receive our industry-leading customer service.

Our knowledge, attentiveness, and dedication to customer satisfaction means you’ll always receive the personalized and informed service you deserve.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

Tara & Cody El Dorado Hills, CA

Their website is easy to sue to get basic information. I had great reviews from friend so I looked into them. They were very diligent with their communication. From the moment I talked to them for the initial sale all the way to the end, they were proactive reaching out. I get a response the same day. The installers showed up early in the morning and they were all dressed professionally. They had great attitudes. I didn’t hear any cussing. They didn’t leave a mess. It was a day and a half. They technology was explained to me. I feel the whole process was explained to me. I was very impressed with their technical knowledge and they way they used that knowledge to anticipate things. There normal area is Santa Rosa Bay and I live beyond Folsom Lake and they drove two hours to me. It is worth everything.

Dale San Francisco, CA

When they did the first work for us at our home we liked it so we used them recently for another installation. They were very responsive to all our questions and kept us informed. The installation was an investment property and it went very well. We were delayed by supply shortages that occurred all over the country but they kept us informed about that situation and got it here as soon as they could. I'm not an expert on the equipment itself and the particular roofing material but according to my architect who looked at it, he thought that it was excellent. We're happy customers. We'll certainly use them again.

Reply from Simply Solar

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for being a part of the Simply Solar family!

Matthew Laney Perris, CA

Simply Solar installed a roof solar panal system on a residence I had shared with another person. We had the system installed to take advantage of the tax breaks being offered then and to save money on energy costs. They did great work and provided fine after sale service.

Kevin Santa Rosa, CA

Priced well enough and local, they have been very diligent about getting me information. They were in and out in one day for installation. They did come back for the inverter but they were very quick and solid installers. My consultant reached out a couple of months later to check on me which blew me away. I appreciated the guy I spoke to in the beginning. He told me what to expect and didn’t paint me a rosy picture. They did a good job painting a realistic picture.

Langley Sonoma, CA

All of the people involved that I've been in contact with were very pleasant and personable, helpful and knowledgeable and I've had very little problems to even have to deal with. It's just been trouble free and worry free. It was quite easy. Everything was done in a reasonable amount of time and everything was left clean and just everything was good.

Reply from Simply Solar

Wow! What a great review. Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. We love to hear that you are enjoying your system!

Ed San Mateo, CA

Their representative David was probably one of the best representatives I’ve every dealt with at any company. He was totally company. I’ve gotten quotes from other companies and they have been trying to trick me. He was upfront and very knowledgeable. All of customer servce s very responsive. They are always available. Everything went according to plan. It has worked out great.

Reply from Simply Solar

Thank you for the kind review and for celebrating our team! We hope you continue to enjoy your world powered by the sun!

Cathy Pearce Petaluma, CA

The bid process was easy, the installers were quick and explained what they were doing. the whole process was great. It is nice to work with just one company instead of a sales person, an installer company and possibly a third finance company, everyone is getting a piece of our money.

Tabitha Marblestone Napa, CA

The team was awesome. From inspection, proposal, scheduling to completion. We are very grateful for their guidance and expertise. Not to mention how patient they were with all of our questions. It's nice to be entering Spring with a new roof and shiny solar.

Waiman & Daisy San Francisco, CA

The rep walked me through the different products and made excellent recommendations and didn’t try to oversell me. He was a great person to talk with. He was knowledgeable and honest. All my questions are responded to in a timely manner. It works great for us. It is a high value. It has kept our energy costs manageable with covid.

Jerry Windsor, CA

Everything from ownership down is good. They are nice to deal with. It has gone smoothly. The staff seams very organized. They are a local company that has been in business for a long time. They back up their product with a good warranty. I am very happy overall. They take care of us.

Steve San Rafael, CA

Through all kinds of crazy home difficulties, they worked with me through it all. They continue to do so. We have been through four different phases and we have been satisfied with their work. They worked with the state of California. It is a very efficient system.

Reply from Simply Solar

We love hearing about efficiency! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Greg! Rest assured we will be here to support and answer any questions you may have now and in the future!

Anonymous Palo Alto, CA

One of their service engineers sat down with me and explained the whole process down to the technical details. They gave me a lot of attention. They are extremely responsive with both emails and phone. They showed up on time and finished the work sooner than promised. The inverter did fail one day after installation and we did have to wait a month for a new one.

Reply from Simply Solar

We are sorry to hear about your wait for the new inverter, but appreciate your patience! The industry can be tough with material shortages and technical errors outside of our control! Rest assured, we will be here if you have issues and do our best to provide solutions in a timely fashion! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and allow us the opportunity to improve!

Heather Los Gatos, CA

A very good reputable company. Sometimes they don’t return phone calls but they were very professional with the installation. They explained everything though there is a learning curve and they could have explained it better. They did what they said they would do. The equipment is very professional. We are happy with them. It is a good value for our money.

Reply from Simply Solar

We are happy to hear about your experience, Heather. As we continuously look to improve the way we share solar education feedback like this is greatly appreciated! Cheers to your system and rest assured we will be here to answer any questions you may have in the future!

Sue San Jose, CA

Simply Solar was not the highest or the lowest bid I got but their salesman was the most thoughtful assessing my needs. It works perfectly. I am very happy with it. I recommend them highly. Installation went smoothly. It was no impact on me at all. They respond to my calls immediately. They don’t put up barriers to get questions answered.

Reply from Simply Solar

Thank you for the kind review, Sue! It is amazing to hear your experience as we pride ourselves on being thoughtful and working with customers, like you, to provide the best possible outcome! Have a great day!

John San Rafael, CA

Working with them is a much more pleasant experience than working with the other solar companies. Their customer support is great when I moved they moved the project. It was quite astonishing but the follow up at the end is where I had difficulty. I am having trouble with my bills and they haven’t provided enough support to help me figure it out. I am getting 700 bills. Money is tight now.

Reply from Simply Solar

Hi John- Thank you for sharing about your experience. Our team would love to walk you through your True Up bills- give us a call or email us at [email protected] We will do our best to provide a timely response and get you the information you are looking for!

James San Jose, CA

Simply Solar was almost the least expensive solar option we audited. They also had the best warranty. Everything seems top notch even the inverters. They installed it to the local electric coordinates. They have been very responsive.

Josh Belmont, CA

Simply is fantastic. They always respond within 24 hours or less to get back to me if I have a questions. They are also in front of questions before I have them. It has been smooth.

Wayne Napa, CA

It has worked as advertised ever since it was installed. The representative was straightforward and nice. They got the job done. It was quick. We are considering getting a battery system.

Maura Sebastopol, CA

The sales person was very detailed and it met our needs. Every step has been easy. They were quick to install it and they were clean. My bill has been reduced considerably. It is a lot of money but it is for the long term.

Roberto San Francisco, CA

I haven’t had a single problem with the performance of the equipment. It hasn’t failed in the two years we’ve had it. The office person is very professional. I think there might not be as many workers. There were some scheduling issues but overall it was very fast getting it set up. It is very good.

Eveline Petaluma, CA

They're very trustworthy. They give me very good customer support and the equipment works very well and the price is good. Install went very smoothly, took only a couple days. They're very responsible.

Reply from Simply Solar

Trust is what it's all about! Thank you for your review and for trusting us with your install!

Jason San Francisco, CA

Excellent listeners and excellent communication. They help create a installation suited to my needs. It was clearly laid out. They stuck to their milestones. I am happy with the results.

Reply from Simply Solar

Jason- thank you for sharing about your experience! You can always trust we will listen and make sure you are happy with your system for many years to come!

Jesse Monte Rio, CA

They’re a great company. Everyone I’ve dealt with at the company really knows what they are talking about. They are very professional. The installers were polite and friendly. They installed everything how they told me.

Reply from Simply Solar

Thank you for the kind review, Jesse! Our teams are some of the best and we are so happy to have you as part of the Simply Solar family.

Alejandra Palo Alto, CA

So far I can trust them and I would recommend them. They installed the panels about two years ago. They are very competent. We enjoyed working with them. The only negative is the battery.

Reply from Simply Solar

Thank you for your review and for the kind words! We would love to hear more about the issues you are having with the battery, if you have not done so already, send us an email to [email protected] and we will do our best to resolve your concerns!

Marttin Rohnert Park, CA

It took over a year for me to get the money in place to purchase my system the simply solar team was very helpful guiding me through the process

Zhengli Yao Walnut Creek, CA

They did my house quickly. I also like their commitment on providing free service of taking solar panels down and putting them back when the roof needs to be replaced.

Wylie Sheldon Geyserville, CA

Simply Solar has done a couple of roof-top solar panel installations for me that have worked very well. Their people are courteous, professional and competent

Anonymous Petaluma, CA

When I looked into it, I found the were providing the highest quality of equipment for a competitive rate. It has been easy to contact them when we needed to.

Greg Sonoma, CA

I looked into a handful of companies in the area and they had god reviews and they are a locally owned company. Installation was easy and quick. I am rather upset with customer service. I had a number of problems and it took me getting rather upset to get them to focus on it and resolve the issue. I have made comments trying to get an audience with the owner of the company and I’ve never gotten anywhere.

Reply from Simply Solar

Hi Greg- We do our best to get to all of our customer service calls in an efficient matter. If there is something pending, please give us a call and we will work with you to resolve the issues. Thank you so much for your patience and giving Simply Solar the opportunity to support you!

todd

they were pleasant, professional, fast & effective. And for me my life feels more correct Having Solar Power

THOMAS DUNCAN Alameda, CA

It was very easy to work with Simply Solar. Jeff was a knowledgeable salesman and Ally was very conscientious in coordinating the installation.

Bob And Heather Berkeley, CA

Liked the price and their willingness to work with our schedule. It has gone brilliantly. They were here for two days and cleaned up afterwards.

Reply from Simply Solar

We love to hear it! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review! Enjoy your world powered by sunlight!

D Novato, CA

They delivered exactly what was in the contract. It was as promised. They installed how they said they would. I would chose them again.

Reply from Simply Solar

Thank you for your review! We will be here for the long haul should you ever need our services again! Cheers to a world powered by the sun!

B Castro Valley, CA

Installation process went very fast and the foreman was very responsive to any concerns I had. It has been producing well.

Reply from Simply Solar

Love to hear about great solar production! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Sheila Hagen Dillon Beach, CA

Very professional group. No surprises. Extremely communicative, and quick to return calls. I highly recommend.

Erika Genolio San Rafael, CA

I received excellent service! Simply Solar is a great honest company. They helped me every step on the way.

idella guidry Santa Rosa, CA

I installed Solar to avoid high cost utility bills. In good faith i paid for it. Eighteen months later the inverter burned out, they failed to moniter the system. Supposingly the new inverter is a better designed system but through no fault of my own I have a large bill to pay.

Garrison Santa Rosa, CA

Install went really well. They probably improved their information or knowledge base right now. We got our solar from a very young company.

Reply from Simply Solar

Thank you for your review! We are constantly looking to improve and it is feedback like this that allows us to do so! Thank you for trusting us with your install!

Robert Slee Cupertino, CA

Very good company and service, staring from the sales/consultants to the instalation

Kamaldeep Sehrawat Danville, CA

Good customer service. Very prompt response to all the questions. Very good overall experience

N/A San Francisco, CA

Provided great explanation in the beginning and very supportive throughout the entire process.

Maury Green Napa, CA

The service, delivery, people and product were all some of the best I have ever experienced.

Blake Schmidt Santa Rosa, CA

Great customer service and really take the time to understand what's best for the customer.

Gerald San Rafael, CA

Good people communicate well when needed. Good price and schedule performance.

Gail Crawford Novato, CA

They are easy, pleasant to work with and very responsive. Ally who managed our project was awesome

JIM LAMMERS San Rafael, CA

Impressed with professionalism of administration, sales, tech, and installation groups.

Bhuvanasundar Rachamreddy San Jose, CA

Best customer experience. Prompt and professional. Communicated well at all stages.

Marc Mill Valley, CA

Very responsive and knowledgeable. Fast turnaround time and made permit and install easy

Lurah Magee Santa Rosa, CA

Thorough, professional, reasonable cost . Work done in a timely manner.

Josh H Petaluma, CA

They were efficient, knowledgeable and their crews were very respectful