My Solar Home Logo
LAST UPDATED: October 15th, 2019

My Solar Home is a New Jersey based company that was founded in 2014. The company's philosophy is to "put the sun to work for you" by offering free consultations, individually tailored systems, and in-house installation teams to get your house solarized. In an effort to minimize your environmental footprint and save you money on energy, My Solar Home's aim is to provide a simple and affordable path to going solar.

The Good

• Make Solar Accessible for All
  • NABCEP Certified
  • Referral Bonus
  • Positive Reviews

Make Solar Accessible for All

My Solar Home has a unique feature in an effort to make solar more accessible for clients with all kinds of homes. The company has partnered with GAF Roofing, the largest shingle manufacturer in the country, to make solar possible for older homes, as well. This service still comes with a $0 out of pocket promise.

NABCEP Certified

Sustainable Energy Systems is staffed with NABCEP certified technicians to ensure that best practices are being followed.

Referral Bonus

My Solar Home's customer base is primarily generated from customer recommendations making customer satisfaction a big priority, and offers between $500-$1,000 bonuses for customers who refer family and friends who ultimately make purchases.

Positive Reviews

Customers have published positive reviews on a number of sites including homeadvisor.com.

The Bad

• No Monitoring App
  • Length of Time in Business

No Monitoring App

My Solar Home does not have a company app for customers to monitor their energy usage. Instead, customers are encouraged to use the app available through the inverter manufacturer.

Length of Time in Business

This company was started in April of 2014 making it just over two years old. While it has had a successful two years, it definitely hasn't been around long enough to develop the reputation compared with competitors who have been around for substantially longer.

The Bottom Line

In the few years that they've been in business, My Solar Home has developed a positive reputation with customers. its unique partnership with GAF Roofing makes it possible for homeowners of all kinds to be able to go solar. While many companies in the solar industry are relatively young, My Solar Home is definitely among the youngest, which may be concerning to some customers.

View Best Solar Companies

3.0

Thomas J Mahoney Washington, NJ

I am very pleased with this company and their Reps. I dealt directly with owner Jeff and agent Mike Z.. Installation was professional, efficient and on time. I would highly recommend this company to other home owners for Solar installation.

Feliks Staten Island, NY

Worst experience ever. MySolarHome (owner Mark L) installed solar panels on my home in 2013. System worked for 2 years only. In 2015 I stopped getting any energy credits on my electrical bill. When I called the company (7 times) , every time they promised to get to my home to do diagnostics, but never showed up. They are not picking up my calls anymore.