Glyde Solar Logo

Glyde Solar

LAST UPDATED: September 29th, 2022

Glyde Solar is a Utah-based company with a mission to help homeowners save and conserve energy. Glyde Solar does this through offering a variety of services and installations — primarily solar. Established in 2020, Glyde Solar is continuously growing and serving new areas. While it is a new company to the solar industry, customers have already left glowing reviews about the company’s professionalism.

SunPower Logo
#1 SunPower chevron_right
ADT Solar Logo
#2 ADT Solar chevron_right

The Good

• All Types of Financing
  • Positive Reviews
  • Various Energy Saving Solutions

All Types of Financing

Glyde Solar’s strength as a solar company is its financing options. Glyde Solar has Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), leasing options, and purchase options through loans. Regardless of the type of financing you choose, there are zero costs upfront.

• Lease — Glyde Solar owns your system and is responsible for maintenance. The monthly cost is fixed with an annual escalator. Net metering is available, but you do not qualify for tax credits since you do not own the system.
  • Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) — PPAs is exactly the same as a lease, except the monthly payment will vary depending how much solar is produced by the system.
  • Loan — With a loan, the homeowner owns the solar system and qualifies for tax credits. The monthly payment is fixed, but the homeowner is responsible for maintenance of the system. Net metering is available with a loan as well.
  • Purchase — Glyde Solar customers have the option to purchase the entire system upfront and immediately begin saving on electric bills.

Positive Reviews

Existing reviews of Glyde Solar are generally positive. The company aims to provide no-pressure educational consultations, and previous customers’ experiences seem to align with this vision. Customers of Glyde Solar applaud the company for being honest, responding to questions, being professional, and working quickly to get the job done.

Various Energy Saving Solutions

Glyde Solar is more than just a solar company. In the residential survey, Glyde Solar helps its customers find many different ways to save energy in their homes. Aside from solar, Glyde Solar can also help with insulation, LED lighting, and roofing. On a previous project, the company also installed a new pool pump and air conditioning unit to increase the property’s energy efficiency.

The Bad

• New to the Industry
  • Warranties Unknown

New to the Industry

While Glyde Solar appears to have a professional website and some positive reviews, it is still a new company to the solar industry. The company was founded in 2020, and is not yet accredited by the Better Business Bureau; however, the company currently has an A rating on the BBB website. Whether Glyde Solar has any NABCEP certified employees is unknown.

Since Glyde Solar is new to the industry, reviews of the company are slim. The existing reviews are positive, but the small number of reviews indicates that the company has not done many projects yet.

Lastly, because Glyde Solar is a new solar company, it is continuing to grow. This is not a negative thing — but it is uncertain what the company’s exact service area is. The company is based in Utah, yet most reviews are from customers in Florida.

Warranties Unknown

The Glyde Solar website lists a few of the main solar brands that the company partners with. Aside from this list, there is little information about the solar panels that Glyde Solar installs. The website does not mention anything about equipment or workmanship warranties. The Glyde Solar blog explains what these are, but does not indicate what warranties the company offers with its installations.

The Bottom Line

Upon viewing the Glyde Solar website, you will see that the company is professional and has already completed quite a few projects. Reviews indicate that Glyde Solar provides quality service and expertise, despite its limited time in the solar industry. If you are considering Glyde Solar, we recommend that you eliminate some of the unknowns about the company by asking questions about warranties, installer certifications, and the states it services.

View Best Solar Companies

3.0

Isaiah Alexander

There’s so many slow companies out there that exist. So much uncertainty I had at first going through the process. Most all companies said they’ll be no mistakes that will ever be made. Glyde Solar was quick and made me feel like they cared whenever I had a question or when something during the process was holding the project back. If you’re considering companies I can tell you in Colorado they do a premium job. Thanks !

James Ashby Colorado Springs, CO

Everything was going great up until the installation. They came out and began the installation on my home on July 1st. Since then, they've had the electrical inspector out five times and still haven't passed. It's now been 2 1/2 months and my first loan payment is due. They promised me I wouldn't have to pay anything until the power was turned on, but as far as I know we're still weeks away from that happening. I've expressed my concerns but can't get in touch with anyone on the management team, and no one is doing anything to help. Weeks would pass without hearing a thing. Then suddenly they'd send out another inspector, even though no one had come around to make any changes. Their whole company seems deeply disorganized and incapable of keeping this project on schedule. Now I have to make a payment on a solar array that's sitting on my house doing nothing. Go with a different company that is more on top of things and willing to help. Edit: As of 9/26, I've received my refund for my first loan payment and it sounds like everything is finished finally from Glyde's perspective, so the utilities should let us turn the power on soon. I'm grateful Glyde took my complaints seriously.

Stacey Steffen Queen Creek, AZ

It took way too long to get it up and going to where I had to make 2 payments on the loan before my solar was even turned on. It has been turned on for 2 months and they still haven't came and added more insulation yet or done the duct sealing. I am not happy at all!!

Shalev Nemenoff Tampa, FL

the only true company that takes the time to educate the customer and walk them through every steps of their solar journey

Ben Hobbs Fort Worth, TX

I'm a gutter subcontractor in DFW who was stiffed by Jesse S. Homeowner financed the project, paying in full for solar and gutters. No one can get in touch with Jesse, who apparently took the money and ran. Avoid this company like the plague.

sub priz Amarillo, TX

it has taken too long to even get them to even begin to make power still isn't turned on yet and now we have a payment due so I can't comment on the service yet

Glyde Solar Logo

Reply from Glyde Solar

Thank you so much for your review. Every customer’s opinion matters to us as we continually strive to improve our service. We’re sorry that you are unhappy with how long the system took to be turned on. Unfortunately, once the panels are installed, we must wait for permission to operate the system from the utility company, and it is out of our control when that comes in. We would be even more grateful if you could contact us to tell us what we could do to improve your experience.

Mar. 16th, 2022

Cristian Villar Laredo, TX

At the beginning we thought the service was going to run smooth. However the process was long