Gimenergy

Gimenergy was founded by individuals with at least 10 years of experience in the construction industry each and more than 250 years of experience combined. The company aims to provide its customers with high quality products that are made by American companies and come with an outstanding 25-year warranty. In addition to installing solar energy systems, Gimenergy specializes in energy efficiency, home security, electrical, and a number of other home services. The company is also a Nest Pro approved dealer.

The Good

• Excellent Warranties
  • High Quality Equipment
  • NABCEP Certified Installer
  • Community Solar Cryptocurrency Program

Excellent Warranties

Gimenergy offers some of the lengthiest warranties in the solar industry. The company provides its customers with a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation, as well as a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers parts.

High Quality Equipment

Gimenergy installs only high quality, American-made solar equipment, including panels manufactured by California-headquartered Solaria Corp and inverters developed by California-headquartered Enphase.

NABCEP Certified Installer

Gimenergy has earned the NABCEP certification, which is the gold standard solar PV installation.

Community Solar Cryptocurrency Program

Gimenergy offers a unique community solar cryptocurrency program that allows customers to sell electricity generated by their solar energy system to their neighbors. Each KWh generated can be turned into a coin and sold through the Gimenergy microgrid.

The Bad

• Lack of Leases and PPAs
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Leases and PPAs

Gimenergy allows customers to purchase a solar energy system with cash or through a loan. However, the company does not offer leases or power purchase agreements (PPAs), which are both popular options within the industry.

Limited Availability

Currently, Gimenergy's service area is its several offices located in various cities throughout California, including Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, Riverside, Sacramento, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Orange, Bakersfield, Santa Clarita, Porter Ranch, and Stockton.

The Bottom Line

Gimenergy is a solar company that offers a number of attractive features, including lengthy warranties, high quality equipment, and a community solar cryptocurrency program. Additionally, the company is a NABCEP certified solar installer. If you live in any of the company's covered states and are interested in purchasing a solar system with cash or a loan, Gimenergy is worth looking into.

Call our recommended rep over at Gimenergy below.

5.0

James Suel Santa Rosa, CA

I pay $400-500 energy bill every month in Windsor. GIM energy installed solar panels on our home and it has been 4 months I have not received electricity bill. GIM kept me happy with a good customer service. I am glade I made the decision on going solar. Panels look good all advanced technology.

Ernest CA

When it comes to the technology, I try to choose the newest technology in the market. Gimenergy is selling the latest technology with competitive pricing. Solaria 400watt, all black, sleek looking, panels. Also, the company has good customer service. I have orange tile and the black panels look nice on the roof.

Thinh Voong CA

My family and I happy gimenergy installed good solar system. They answer all questions and have good price.

Sean Nichols , CA

The concierge assisting us at gimenergy was very helpful and nice. The process from contract signing to installation went very fast. The only delay was getting the permit from the city. Our city is closed to public and the permitting is online. I understand gim had no control over that process but everything else went smooth and my panels are producing now. What I like about this company that every time I call or text I got an answer. Also, there were 2 people I was communicating only and I met the installation crew.

Bruno , CA

My friend gave me his contact at gimenergy and referred me to get a solar system from them. I was looking for the right solar company to install solar on my newly purchased home. I called and set up an appointment. A technician arrived who surveyed my house, the roof, and the fuse box, and explained all the conditions. I was very impressed since no other company brought all that up. During the home purchase process, I was told that even though there is no roof leak, the roof is about 40 years old. So, I decided to do both roof and solar since gimenergy gave me a package deal. Everything went smooth.

James Lewis San Francisco, CA

I had my solar system installed with a new roof. Love the monitoring app I can see how much energy I use and the installation took two days. Installation crew talked me through the installation before starting and they did a clean job. Thanks team.

Fanny Lee Los Angeles, CA

My husband and I have been looking into solar for long time. I collected a lot of quotes from different companies and Gimenergy was the only company who went on the roof on the initial appointment. The representative was very knowledgeable and nice. He surveyed the house before asking us to sign the contract. My husband and I liked that very much and signed a contract with Gimenergy. The installers got the bob done very fast and Matt asked us to check it out before they leave. Gimenergy is a Solaria partner and we looked them up and got all black Solaria panels. The panels look very nice on our tile roof. The system is on now and my husband is checking the system production on his phone everyday. He can see if there is any excessive energy usage. They gave us a smart monitoring system.

JM San Francisco, CA

After a lot of electricity shut offs with PG&E, I decided to install a battery to have electricity running in my house. I did a lot of research and the best residential battery I found is an American manufacturer Neovolta. I contacted them and was referred to their certified installer Gimenergy. Gimenergy installed solar and battery for my house and I am very happy with the overall process.

Andrew , CA

I live in Los Angeles and we hired GIM to do our roofing and solar. Best customer service expected from a construction company. I had a specific shingles in mind and they worked with me to find them. The solar process was the easiest and quickest process. From what I read online, I thought the solar installation process is hard and complicated. Solar is easier with GIM.

Jason Hayes San Francisco, CA

We went with GIM because they had the most knowledgeable staff from the different companies I talked to. My wife and I love solar so we wanted to get installed on our new home. The panels had to be modern looking and GIM offered a great product from Solaria that not only produces great energy but also looks amazing!!!

Melinda G , CA

After getting estimates from 6 different companies, GIM stood out because they were not pushy. My project manager answered all my questions up front and let me make the decision. In the end the confidence I had with this company is what made me to sign the contract and get started. After about 45 days I had the system installed and turned on. My system has been working flawlessly and I am going to be adding a back up battery which I already contacted them to start the process. They also installed an outlet for my electric vehicle so I can charge at home.

Alex , CA

GIM energy made the solar panels installation process very easy for us. We worked with Nick from start to finish. He was our project manager. I like that he was my contact person and every time I call, text, or email, I would get a response immediately. He provided the best customer service to us and their system price was very competitive.

Rex Sparling San Francisco, CA

I like that gim does not use sales people. I called and was transferred to a gentleman who was very professional and the most knowledgeable from everyone I talked. I asked what is his position. He said he is a project manager who will be my contact person from start to finish. He said he will be leading the installation crew at my house. We signed contract and so far everything has been going flowless.

Reply from Gimenergy

Hi Rex, Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to have helped you on your solar journey!

Jon Young Los Angeles, CA

Solar and roofing in 1 contract with 1 loan. Right now I pay the loan company less then I used to pay LADWP. I started the process for roofing and than my family and I decided to do solar to get 30% tax credit. Now I have new roof for free. Green Integration did good job for my family.

Reply from Gimenergy

Hi Jon, Thank you for choosing GIM for your solar and roof. We are glad you are pleased with the end result!

Erik San Francisco, CA

The team at GIM di a good job from start to finish. They had better pricing on a premium product for both solar and battery. The installers kept the process clean. The next day after installation inspection passed. We had to wait for about 10 days for PG&E to allow us to turn on the system.

Reply from Gimenergy

Hello Erik, GIM takes pride in having a great installation crew and we believe that is what makes us stand out from other companies.

Sophia San Francisco, CA

We have a solar and a battery systems installed by Green Integrations and Management. My parents and I could not be happier with their staff. The process was easier than expected. It was a two days installation process. They kept everything smooth and clean. It took about two months to turn on the system. We have had couple of blackouts already. Its amazing to have a battery during those blackout. If you are experiencing blackouts, you should look into solar and battery systems offered by Green Integrations and Management.

Reply from Gimenergy

Hi Sophia, Thank you for being a loyal customer. If you have any referrals we pay $500 for a customer that you refer to us.

sebastian santillo San Francisco, CA

Green Integrations and Management proved to us that they are all about quality. They offer high efficiency solar panels as well as battery backup. Green integrations and Management has good customer service and competitive low prices.

Connor Miami, FL

I have been calling solar companies trying to get my questions answered to install solar on our home. Every company I call wants to set up an appointment to come to my house without answering most of my questions. I met with couple of companies and the sales person still cannot answer a simple question how the system will be mounted to the roof. I called Gimenergy, they did not push to set up an appointment or anything. I got transferred to a man who introduced himself as a project manager, answered all my questions, explained everything in details, and I told him to send the contract. I was so frustrated. I am so happy I found Gimenergy who made everything for me simple as it should be.

C. Sudeep Los Angeles, CA

I chose GIM to install our solar and battery back up system because they offered the largest back up battery available from NeoVolta. One single battery gets us through the night whenever we have a black out. The panels were all black and from the manufacturer Qcells. The battery comes with an app to monitor the storage and we also have a separate app that monitors the solar only portion. Our experience was quick and easy as it only take about 45 days from start to finish. The system has been working well for the past two months and we are looking forward to the spring time to gain the credits. Thanks team.

Samuel Webb Hayward, CA

I would like to recommend gimenergy if you are looking for solar company in Pleasant Hill. The installation went smooth, one day for solar, one day for the backup battery. Gimenergy is offering the biggest capacity battery in the market. Our battery, NeoVolta, has 24kwh capacity. The solar panels are very advanced too, 380watt. Gimenergy is offering advanced technology product with competitive pricing.

Steve Los Angeles, CA

Before going solar, I requested multiple solar panels installation quotes. Gimenergy came in aggressively priced and warranties. After signing the contract, the system got installed within a little over 30 days. I am saving a lot of money by going solar.

Camila Guarado San Francisco, CA

We have had our solar panels a while now. We are very happy the way solar worked for us, the solar credit and the lower bill. Recently, we contacted our solar company, gimenergy and requested a battery pack. The battery installation is completed now and we are excited to have as much use out of the battery.

Swati Los Angeles, CA

We have only good thing to say about gimenergy. We installed solar and new roof with their help. Everything went efficient. The installation took place in 2020. We signed the contract in February before all this Covid problems. I am not sure how they managed to get the permit and complete the installation but I am gladfully the system was fully operational by the end April. Gimenrgy does roofing, solar, batteries. We did not get the battery but everything else went easy for us. We did not get involved in any of the process. The company takes care of everything.

AS San Francisco, CA

We got solar and a battery installed at a very affordable price. My husband is very happy with their customer service.

Kiana Jal Merced, CA

We leave in Atwater and gim energy helped us to install solar, new roof, and upgrade our old electric panel. We are very happy how fast everything got done. $0 out of packet financing through local credit union very low APR rates. Matt and the crew did a clean job solar took only one day and the second day they upgraded the panel. Roofing took about 3 days. Everything very efficient and clean. I recommend this company to anyone in Atwater who is looking for a roofing and solar company.

Amnon Carmi

System has been producing with no issue. Fast and clean job. We are very pleased with Green Integrations customer service.

AF

We are happy with our solar system. It is giving us enough energy not to pay electricity bill anymore. GIM energy did good on all aspects.

Hunter Langston

I chose GIM because they had a no pressure sales experience. They explained the products they use, the warranty, and I was able to see the quality. I opted at this time not to install a battery but in about another year I will be adding a back up battery through GIM.

Carlos ,

After installing solar, our electric bill is $11 now. We got new roof and solar system through gimenergy. The whole process went well and now we get to enjoy it. We installed 21 400 watt panels. Green Integration uses all US made products. The panels make the look of the house very modern and I love it. Plus I got all black panels.

Renee

Alex and his solar knowledge was impressive. He answered all my questions, explained everything, and provided actual figures.

A Hutchinsaw

When getting quotes for solar I was comparing all the different products that were offered. GIM stood out because they were using the latest in technology panels and micro inverters. Some companies offered me products that were a few years old or did not have the warranties that compared to GIM. I choose this company because they showed me they really cared about the products they offered to customers and would not just offer the cheapest product to make the sale. The installers had great workmanship and the system is working as promised. Thanks team!

Elizabeth

Five star for your strong work ethics, gimenergy.

Laura C , CA

Gimenergy installed a new roof and solar system for our house. We were looking for a roof contractor and Gimenergy told us about doing solar with roofing to get 26% back on the total amount. We are happy and thankful to Gimenergy and our sales person Alex for exploring that option for us. The project went smooth and was done within less than 2 months.

Rebekah Mitchell Los Angeles, CA

My husband and I are very please with gimenergy services. We live in Los Angeles and for a long time were planning to go solar. We met with a lot of companies and ended up signing a contract with gimenergy. They have outstanding products, all American made. We had a complicated situation with our main electric service panel. The house is old and so was the service panel. Most of the companies said they will do solar but we have to find a different electrician to upgrade the service panel. Some companies came in with a very high price. So, my understanding is that not all the solar companies have the proper knowledge and expertise. Gimenergy explained us the complexity of the job and quoted us competitively. Everything is installed now and about a week ago we turned on our solar system. I have been monitoring the production of the solar panels since. Even though the house is old, we got a new roof and the all black solar panels on the roof makes the house look modern and nice.

Sergio Flores Los Angeles, CA

The process went smooth. They have been outstanding and patient with us. We received our first bill and it was $12. Very much appreciated.

Stephanie Los Angeles, CA

Everyone we worked with was nice and professional. We had a big project with Green Integrations and Management. Not only the job was successfully completed, they kept everything clean and fast. We had to relocate our main electric service panel and not all solar companies agreed to do the job. Most of the solar companies told us that they will do the solar and we should have someone else to take care of the relocation. Since Green Integrations is a construction contract too , they were able to take care of everything in one contract. We got roof, solar, and the service panel relocation with upgrade and are happy with the results. Green Integrations has high quality product, service, and the prices are very affordable.

Lynn , CA

Gimenergy installed new roof and solar system on our house. Everything went as promised. I like that they get everything done fast. In the initial quoting process all the competitors were telling us this is a 6 months process. Gimenergy told us they will get it done within 3 months. Everything was done in less than 3 months. Solar is now turned on and working. We were straggling of choosing the right shingles for our roof. Freddy helped us to find something called cool roof, cheaper and energy efficient. Everyone has been helpful at Gimenergy. Thank you.

Reply from Gimenergy

Hey Lynn, we appreciate the 5 star review and taking the time to write the kind words! Congratulations on going solar!

Aug. 20th, 2020

Ivy Bell San Francisco, CA

Our house is in San Francisco and PG&E is the electric company. We have been paying a lot of money, up to $800, to PG&E every month. We installed solar and did some electrical work last year and were able to right off 30% of the total cost this year from our taxes. I am happy I included solar to upgrade the electrical at my house. If I did not do solar, I would end up paying almost the same price and still pay PG&E. It has been one year I did not get PG&E bills. I got my yearly bill recently with credit on it. Stop paying so much to PG&E look into solar option. It is worth it. Gimenergy informed us that the inverter company, Enphase, is offering backup batteries now. We signed a contract to get the battery with 26% ITC. I am excited to have more savings and never be afraid of power outages.

Reply from Gimenergy

Hi Ivy, glad to see another homeowner taking power into their own hands. When the power gets shut down this summer your going to enjoy having the basic essentials. Thanks for trusting us to install your home energy system.

Aug. 20th, 2020

TJ ,

Excellent installation crew. Great customer service, always answered my questions. Prices are cheaper than other companies.

MCoudrey Pittsburgh, PA

I have been planning to do solar system installation after I built patio and finally in 2019 we signed the contract with gimenergy. Unfortunately, we did not do a battery installation with our solar system and had too many power outages last year. In 2020 we went back to gimenergy and asked them to add battery to our existing system. Our solar system has been producing solar energy for almost a year now and the battery just got operational. I am extremely impressed with the professionalism of the crew. The installation crew kept everything clean and fast. The reason I went with this company because my friend told me gimenergy does not subcontract their work. I did not want to deal with a subcontractor because of my past bad experience. Five years ago I built patio. There were some hiccups I called to complain the company I signed contract with, told me that what I was asking for was additional and they cannot help me. I have to talk to the subcontractor.

Patrick Bailey , CA

I appreciate the work Gimenergy did on improving our house. I recommend this company to anyone who wants to do home improvement work. Even though we had only new roof, solar panels system, and battery backup installed, I am sure they are as professional on other services.

Jacqueline

Install crew was clean, informative, and worked very hard! Took one day for the installation and about 45 days tell the panels were actually on roof. Very happy with process and my bill has been reduced as they quoted. Thank you for converting us to solar!

Marley , CA

I would like to share my experience with Gimenergy and relay a message to everyone who is looking for home improvement and solar panels installation. This is my second house I was installing solar system on. My first system was with one of the biggest solar companies. I was going to get solar with the same company for my second house. However, I was recommended to talk to Gimenrgy too before I make my decision. My friend who referred me to them had already installed a solar and was very happy. Since my new house needed a roof too and gim told me they can do roofing and solar in one contract, I decided to go with them. This was one of the reasons. They actually offered me a better brand panels and much lower price. I will tell you this, the first company with solar was breaking me even in year 9 while Gimenergy came out to break even in year 5. So, I understand that I was ripped off by my old company for my first house and I am glade I did not go with them for the second time. My system has been installed and turned on now. They worked with me on choosing the right roof shingles. All I can say that everyone is highly responsive no delays. The installers kept the property clean. The previous company left plastic and my dog ate it. I had to take him for a surgery. Gimenergy took care of the whole process. I recommend this company.

Ava

Gimenergy did very good job on installing our solar panels. All the equpments American manifacturers. The installation crew and office girl, Natalia very helpful.

Caleb Butler Los Angeles, CA

I got a great deal to install AC and solar system with Gimenergy. I paid $0 out of packet and my monthly payment is less than I was paying for electricity. Now, I have NO electricity bill and my wife and I are enjoying our new AC system. I financed the whole thing in one payment for 12 years. In 12 years I will have no electricity bill, AC system and a solar. Looking forward to it. FYI, Gimenergy uses products manufactured in America only. It was another thing I liked about Gimenergy compare to the other companies.

Olga Segal Los Angeles, CA

It took me two years to write this review. If anyone is contemplating to go solar, it is worth it. You just have to find the right company. I had a good experience with gimenergy. Our electric bill has been eliminated. To install the solar panels took only 1 day. The whole process about a month which made me happy. There has been no issue since and no electric bill.

Isabel Senna North Hollywood, CA

About a year ago we chose gimenergy to install new roof and solar system on our house. It was nice not to worry about roof leaks through winter, the rainy season. Recently, my husband contacted our project manager, Nick, who is very nice and timely manner responsive, to get a battery back up added to our solar system. We just got our first electric bill with a credit on it. It feels real good not to receive a bill for 12 months and receive one with no payment due. We are excited to be saving even more with the battery now.

Brett Pittsburgh, PA

Initially we were going to install a new AC unit. We were shopping around to install new AC and came across gimenergy. Gimenergy offered us a package deal to install AC, solar, and battery back up. We paid $0 out of pocket. Everything was financed through gimenergy so we have one monthly payment. Our monthly payment is as much as we were paying for our electricity. Have been using the AC now and no electricity bill since January. I recommend contacting gimenergy if you are looking to get AC, solar, battery back up or any kind of home improvement. Gimenergy is a general and electrical contractor they do all kinds of home improvement.

Jennen , CA

If you have high electric bill, it is defiantly worth it to get solar panels on your roof. Luckily, I have good sun exposure and my solar panels are producing a lot of electricity. I had a very high electric bill and now it has been over 8 months I do not make any payments to LADWP. I keep getting credit for solar panels over producing. I will be using the AC soon with all my existing consumption, the house, the pool, and my electric car the credit should help cover the AC so I keep not getting electric bill. Green Integrations has been very helpful. We can say good things about them only. No upfront payment, $0. Finance the whole project and the payment is at least 2 times less from what I was paying the utility company. Also, no payment for the first couple of months. We did our taxes about a month ago and got a lot of money back from our taxes, solar write off. I recommend going solar and Green Integration will make it easy and keep it low cost for you.

EzraD Los Angeles, CA

Gimenergy installed solar and roofing on our house. We are happy we chose to go with them. They have competitive pricing and rapid services. We got American made panels black on black, looks very good on the roof.