Gimenergy was founded by individuals with at least 10 years of experience in the construction industry each and more than 250 years of experience combined. The company aims to provide its customers with high quality products that are made by American companies and come with an outstanding 25-year warranty. In addition to installing solar energy systems, Gimenergy specializes in energy efficiency, home security, electrical, and a number of other home services. The company is also a Nest Pro approved dealer.

The Good

• Excellent Warranties
  • High Quality Equipment
  • NABCEP Certified Installer
  • Community Solar Cryptocurrency Program

Excellent Warranties

Gimenergy offers some of the lengthiest warranties in the solar industry. The company provides its customers with a 25-year workmanship warranty, which covers the labor and installation, as well as a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers parts.

High Quality Equipment

Gimenergy installs only high quality, American-made solar equipment, including panels manufactured by California-headquartered Solaria Corp and inverters developed by California-headquartered Enphase.

NABCEP Certified Installer

Gimenergy has earned the NABCEP certification, which is the gold standard solar PV installation.

Community Solar Cryptocurrency Program

Gimenergy offers a unique community solar cryptocurrency program that allows customers to sell electricity generated by their solar energy system to their neighbors. Each KWh generated can be turned into a coin and sold through the Gimenergy microgrid.

The Bad

• Lack of Leases and PPAs
  • Limited Availability

Lack of Leases and PPAs

Gimenergy allows customers to purchase a solar energy system with cash or through a loan. However, the company does not offer leases or power purchase agreements (PPAs), which are both popular options within the industry.

Limited Availability

Currently, Gimenergy's service area is limited to California. While the company has offices located in various cities throughout the state, including Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, Riverside, Sacramento, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Orange, Bakersfield, Santa Clarita, Porter Ranch, and Stockton, individuals who live in other states will not have the ability to do business with Gimenergy.

The Bottom Line

Gimenergy is a solar company that offers a number of attractive features, including lengthy warranties, high quality equipment, and a community solar cryptocurrency program. Additionally, the company is a NABCEP certified solar installer. If you live in California and are interested in purchasing a solar system with cash or a loan, Gimenergy is worth looking into.

Call our recommended rep over at Gimenergy below.

5.0

Richard
November 4th, 2019 DETAILS

We are very pleased with the crew that worked on installing our solar system. They were very efficient. The company kept us informed about each step of the process. It was a pleasure to work with Gimenergy.

A.P.
October 28th, 2019 Sun Valley, CA DETAILS

Went with this company because of their high quality panels and workmanship. I got my system installed in 30 days with battery back up. Panels look good on my roof and they even painted the conduit to match my shingle color.

Rita M.
October 15th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

I recently decided to install solar at my home with GIM energy. We chose them because of their installation experience and quality products. They dealt with the city and utility companies to get our solar installed. Since power outrages are becoming more frequent we also installed a battery back up system. The solar has been working great and we have already recommended a few friends to GIM for estimates. Thanks for the great service!

Lily
October 8th, 2019 DETAILS

Amazing communication, knowledgeable staff, very flexible team, and great installation. If you are looking for a solar company make sure to check them out. We were happy with our solar install.

Alicia
October 3rd, 2019 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS

Gim energy replaced our roof with a affordable price. We ended up getting solar too. The process went well. I liked that their salesman was not pushy. They came out access the situation, emailed me the quotes, and in couple of days after meeting with other companies , I made my decision. Very easy to work with.

Ryan Kelly
September 23rd, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

About a year ago Green Integrations and Management installed a new roof and solar system on our house. They were offering a battery back up too which we did not get the first year. Because of the constant PG&E blackouts, we decided to add the battery later on. I am so happy to tell you that I have no PG&E bill and the last two blackouts did not effect me.

Juana
September 20th, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

My partner and I did extensive research and met with several solar companies before making the decision to go solar. The thing was that we needed a new roof too and wanted electrical panel upgrade from 100 to 200 amps. And that was a big investment for us, so we wanted to make sure to choose the best solar company. Gimenergy not only gave us the best quote, but they were also able to do our roof and electrical panel upgrade with the best price possible. What an amazing experience. Thanks a lot guys!

George M
September 17th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Very pleased with the communication from this company. From start to finish all my questions were answered and they have automatic status updates that get sent to us. Very rarely did I have to call and ask where my project was. Took about 30 days to get the whole project completed and the install took about two days. Lower bills, good looking panels, could not be happier!

Jacob Ramirez
August 5th, 2019 Riverside, CA DETAILS

Now with the scare of fires and grid shut downs I decided it was time to add solar and battery back up to my house so that way I can power my lights and fridge in a shut down. After doing some research I found out that GIM is offering a 14.4 kwh hour battery a little larger then most others on the market. The combination with Solaria panels and energy storage was exactly what I was looking for. Took them around a month to get the system installed and now I can say I am proud GIM customer. Solar seems to be working as promised and my battery helps power some of my lights at night. Thanks for the great work team!

Alexander Luna
July 29th, 2019 Daly City, CA DETAILS

Got a roofing, solar and AC installed by gimenergy. Happy with their services and the clean work. Initially, I was going to replace the roof only. After meeting gimenergy and getting very competitive price for the whole package, it was a no brainier not to get everything done since my AC kept breaking down on us too. I recommend to check out this company. The prices are lower, the customer service is good, and they provide great warranties. This company came to me highly recommended and I highly recommend.

Andrew
July 23rd, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I got roof and solar installed by GIM energy. They offered me energy efficient roof which I like and I did not know about. I met with few companies and after I met GIM I knew I was in good hands. My consultant answered all my questions promptly and taught me a lot of new things. I like that a lot. The companies I met before GIM could not even answer all my questions. Gim has 25 year warranty on roofing 25 year warranty on solar. Both roofing and solar were installed within 1.5 month. Thanks for everything.

Sandr Jensen
July 18th, 2019 Belmont, CA DETAILS

GIM exceeded my expectations. For my house I decided to do some upgrading with a new roof, solar, battery, and new a/c unit since summer is here. They got the whole job completed in four weeks. I also got a Nest thermostat installed so now I can almost consider my house a smart home. Great prices and office staff is very helpful with any questions throughout process.

Kevin F
July 16th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

I found gimenergy online when looking for a company to replace my roof. They replaced the roof and I ended up getting a solar system too. Everything is warranted for 25 years. We saved a lot of money on roofing by doing solar and roof at the same time. This company has affordable prices for high quality, using all American made panels and microinverters.

Joe
July 10th, 2019 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS

I got a solar system and a battery backup with gimenergy. My main electric service panel needed to be upgraded too. I had other companies quoting me twice the price of what gim gave me. My main electric panel needed to be relocated too since my house a little old and not everything was up to code. They did the job within a day, everything looks and works good. The inspection passed now I am waiting for LADWP to come to connect the system. I recommend this company based on my experience.

Brenda Mendez
June 21st, 2019 Studio City, CA DETAILS

Good workmanship, great warranty, and friendly staff is what I have to say. They got the system installed in three weeks and did a lovely job. Very happy with the GIM crew. Thanks team! I will refer my friends and family.

Vic Pham
June 14th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

After meeting with three other companies my quest for solar lead me to GIM due to the fact that they had a lot of package options. I did not just want solar, but to make my home more energy efficient. These guys specialize in multiple different trades so I was able to get my pool pump replaced, solar panels, new roofing, and I even opted to have them come clean the panels twice a year. Sales consultation was easy, rep answered my questions, and I was able to get the system installed before summer so now I am starting to see the savings. I will contact them in the future to get my AC system tuned up.

Andrea G
June 5th, 2019 Pleasanton, CA DETAILS

Fast and friendly installation team. Got my new roof, solar, and ac unit installed all within two weeks. They have a huge crew that comes and takes care of everything at one time. Very professional and courteous of our accommodations. We decided to finance the whole thing with a low monthly payment. Will recommend to friends and neighbors.

Claudia Lopez
May 31st, 2019 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

We have used gimenergy to replace our roof and get solar. We got 30% incentive and it came out cheaper than we imagined . Solar system works perfectly. It’s awesome not to have to pay for electricity.

Peter Pham
May 22nd, 2019 Garden Grove, CA DETAILS

With the new law, to turn the garage to a guest house, we decided to take an advantage of it and turn our garage to a guest house. My best friend help me to build the house but we hired Gimenergy to do the roof, solar and the main panel upgrade. I talked to multiple solar companies and no one of them agreed to my one condition. To save money, I wanted to turn my old main electric panel to sub panel. No one was willing to do it. Finally I met gim and they said it is possible and they will be able to do that. We passed the final inspection 2 days ago. I save a lot of money thanks to gim team. I got very competitive pricing on the roof too.

Monica Feildview
May 2nd, 2019 Union City, CA DETAILS

Professional, knowledgable very nice and helpful. This is all I will say about Gimenergy team.

Milenka
April 29th, 2019 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS

Very responsible in time manner. Excellent customer service, professional crew. We are very happy with our solar system.

Dana Hernandez
April 25th, 2019 Moorpark, CA DETAILS

This five star review is well deserved. This is the company who will answer all your questions. Very competitive prices too.

xobee
April 15th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

We contacted Gimenergy because we were interested in getting a solar system. I selected gim from all the quotes I had due to the extensive walk through of the systems design and the financial breakdown. It's been more than a year and our system is producing more than the production guaranty I had from gimenergy. I referred about 3 people, friends. I was afraid of my roof but this rainy year has passed with no leaks. Gim has 25 year roof warranty. This was another thing that attracted me to sign a contract with them!

Roman Mutin
April 11th, 2019 Studio City, CA DETAILS

The reason I decided to go with gimenergy because from all the companies they were the only one answering all my questions over the phone in my early research stage. Very informative and helpful. Now that I have my solar system operating I can share my experience with you. Gim has lower prices compared to the other companies and best services.

Renata Pereira
April 8th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

About two years ago Gimenergy and construction helped us in building a new addition to our existing house. 2 years ago they installed solar system for us too even though we were not planning to do solar. It's been two years now we had solar and recently my husband decided to add battery system too. I cannot describe how helpful Gim has been to our home improvement process. We enjoyed the addition and the solar and now we are excited that we will be always having electricity during power outrages.

anna smolyar
April 8th, 2019 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS

our house is in gated community. 6 of our neighbors got solar system from gimenergy . I was almost going to sign a contract too when my brother told me to get another quote before moving forward. I got 4 more quotes. I will be honest it was a waist of my time. When you met someone so knowledge about solar by just talking to gim and doing some research. I understood why gim was reffered to me and why all my neighbors went with this company.

John Watkins
April 8th, 2019 Sherman Oaks, CA DETAILS

We got our solar system installed by gimenergy. Extremely happy with their customer service. Everyone we worked with was very nice and helpful. Thank You!

Alberto
April 8th, 2019 Garden Grove, CA DETAILS

I recommend gimenergy in Notthern California for solar installation. I have entertained multiple offers, and got the best from gim. I moved forward with them and experienced a great customer service.

Angela Shamlian
March 26th, 2019 Winnetka, CA DETAILS

My husband decided to get a new roof. We have had roof leaks for couple of years. Every time it would rain we had to get someone on the roof and tarp up the leaking parts. Early summer this year he decided to get a new roof. After getting multiple roofing quotes, we decided to move forward with Gim. My husband told me that he will be doing solar as well since doing solar will help us bringing down the cost of the roofing. Honestly, we didn't have the money to make upfront payments. Gimenergy hooked us up with a great $0 upfront financing program. We have had our new roof and solar now with almost no electricity before. With all this rain this year had no leaks. Seems like we got new roof for free. I can't imagine what would happen if we didn't change our roof past summer. Thank you so much Gim for all your help.

Helen
March 22nd, 2019 Studio City, CA DETAILS

We've found Gim to get a quote for our newly purchased house. We had solar before and we knew about the benefit of going solar. Gimenergy gave us much lower price then the company we had before. So we've moved forward with them. I appreciate the affordable price and the clean job they did. Can't wait NOT to pay the electric bill again.

Mona
March 22nd, 2019 Mission Hills, CA DETAILS

A rare and refreshing experience with Gimenergy. Just cannot emphasize enough how great the customer service is! Nataly and everyone else I talked to. I was adding panels to my existing system and I’m very happy with both the price and the job they did!

Fadian
March 20th, 2019 Granada Hills, CA DETAILS

The gimenergy team is very helpful. I’m amazed by their responsiveness. I received excellent service

Diana Mares
March 18th, 2019 Montebello, CA DETAILS

Great experience you cannot go wrong with this company.very great and well trained .

Axel Rez
March 18th, 2019 Granada Hills, CA DETAILS

This rainy season caused a lot of damage to our house. My wife and I shopped around like a month meeting roofing companies almost every day. They all asked for so much money. I think knowing that we have to replace the roof immediately was effecting on the price too. Eventually, we met Gimenergy. First of all the project manager came out and told us we should do roof and solar together which will save us money. He gave us very competetive price for roof and solar compared to other companies quoted for roof only. We moved orward being skeptical about why the price was so low. Im extremely appy with Gim srevices, our new roof and solar system. Beware, dont go with an overpriced company thinking you will get good service!

Rochelle
March 18th, 2019 Anaheim, CA DETAILS

I have been always interested in solar energy. After hearing about how much money my friends save on electricity, I got a a solar system from Gim. Thank you Gimenergy for your high quality services. So happy not to pay for electricity.

Bahar
March 13th, 2019 North Hills, CA DETAILS

Solar at first seemed like it was a scary project and I wanted to make sure I found the proper team to install it. Luckily, I cane across these guys and found out through a friend how professional they are. They take pride installing these systems and you can see it in their work. Highly recommend them!!

Ali
March 11th, 2019 Concord, CA DETAILS

Great service, good prices, and fast install. We got Panasonic panels installed with a 25 year warranty. GIM provided us with a free solar estimate. After speaking with Nataly a few times over the phone we decided to move forward. She was very confident and assured us they would get the system installed before end of year 2018, which they did! Now I am writing the review after the system has been operating a few months now and it seems to be working . No complaints from me -

Matt
March 8th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Brandon was very helpful and answered all my questions. When we were looking for our solar we also needed a roof, which Brandon helped us to get a great quote on for the cool roofing shingles. GIM had great financing options and very competitive prices for the solar. We opted to upgrade our electrical service and install an electric vehicle charger for our Tesla in the future. System works as promised, thanks team.

Mike Choo
March 6th, 2019 Panorama City, CA DETAILS

Everyone in the company has been very friendly. They kept me updated throughout the whole process. I didn't anything they took care of everything. 5 stars.

Veronica garcia
February 21st, 2019 Van Nuys, CA DETAILS

I had great experience with Gimenergy. Nataly was very nice and helpful. She would follow up on timely manner. Happy with our system and their customer service

Soni
February 19th, 2019 Newhall, CA DETAILS

I will happily share my experience with you. They kept me informed throughout the process. Easy process without me getting involved in it. I’m obsessed with the monitoring system access from my phone. I check the production of my solar system more than my social media accounts. A+ experience with Gimenergy.

Joseph
February 15th, 2019 Mira Loma, CA DETAILS

We got exceptional Customer service from gimenergy. I was reading the reviews posted here, everything is so true. They are very professional

Anna
February 14th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

I leave in HOA complex which means everythingI do to the exterior of my home needs to be approved by the board. Thankfully these guys provided me with a full set of drawings with the panel information. GIM even helped to submit the paperwork. We got the approval and started to install. They painted the conduit to match the exterior as was required by the HOA so we had no issues. Greatly appreciate the attention to the detail. I would recommend these guys if you are in the market for solar.

Sonya
February 14th, 2019 Encino, CA DETAILS

The installation took place in one day. Came back from work the panels are on my roof. No mess, nothing. Two days after they called me said that they are ready to turn on the system . I would never think installing solar is this easy process. My online research was scaring me. I’m glad everything turned to be easy and clean.

Connie
February 12th, 2019 San Fernando, CA DETAILS

We are very happy with the customer service Brandon provided. I recommend working with this company

Musa
February 4th, 2019 Placentia, CA DETAILS

i Am a developer and I have had couple solor panels done with gimenergy and construction I appreciate you guys helped me I know this is a hard process but you guys have been doing a great job helping me to estimate the system size on a new construction and getting everything up and running properly so thank you

Val Santis
February 4th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

We built a new house and we got our solar system with Gimenergy. I’m impressed with how helpful and cooperative the company is. They came out numerous times to make sure everything got done correctly. My contractor was happy with them too since they were involved with the process from framing the house all the way to the end. I have no conduits from outside and the rafters were penetrated before the roof was installed. Thank you for your professionalism.

amir
January 30th, 2019 Irvine, CA DETAILS

Gimenergy has been attentive and professional from day one. Installed my solar system within​ one month. Good job

Emily
January 30th, 2019 North Hollywood, CA DETAILS

Moving to California and receiving my first utility bill made me realize why everyone is going solar. I had to jump on the train and do the same. My quest took me to many websites and then many solar companies to choose from. After meeting about four companies, my husband and I decided to choose GIM. What made them stand out was the maintainer package they offered. They also installed their Nest pro kit with cameras all around the house. Now my bill is much lower, and we can see the savings.

Kristine
January 30th, 2019 Anaheim, CA DETAILS

I sat through presentations from 4 different solar companies. Gim offered the best price. Also, I liked that they are a construction contractor as well. Raised the reliability to go with you. I'm so happy with the job they did.