Fluent Solar

5.2

Headquartered in Utah, and operating in several other states with good solar incentives, Fluent Solar offers a variety of ways for homeowners to begin their journey of going green through solar energy. These options include buying your panels outright, signing a lease or PPA (Power Purchase Agreement), and getting a loan through Fluent Solar or your bank.

Check out this video from Fluent Solar to learn more about its services.

The Good

• Flexibility with Payment Options
  • Quality of Panels
  • Workmanship Warranty

Flexibility with Payment Options

Fluent Solar helps its customers go solar in almost every way imaginable. You can buy the panels outright with cash, sign a lease or PPA, or get a loan through Fluent Solar or your local bank. With a lease or PPA, you'll be able to pay little to nothing down, lock in your rates, and be covered for the next 20 years. Keep in mind that some payment options will make more financial sense depending on what state you live in, but know that Fluent Solar will get you set up your solar installation with whatever option is best for you.

Quality of Panels

Fluent Solar sells and installs SunPower panels that come with a 25-year warranty. The SunPower solar panel system ranks as one of the most efficient and cost-effective installations in the solar industry, with an industry-leading efficiency rate of over 21 percent per panel.

Workmanship Warranty

To provide you with peace of mind, Fluent Solar provides a one-year leakage warranty as well as a 10-year workmanship warranty. These warranties ensure that the installation of solar panels on your roof has been completed properly and that Fluent Solar will cover you in the event of an error on the part of the solar installer or contractor.

The Bad

String Inverters Unavailable

An inverter is the part of your system that converts the solar power your panels collect into the power your home uses. There are two inverters that companies usually use for installations: string inverters and micro inverters. Micro inverters are better in areas that have more shade, but are more expensive than string inverters. String inverters are efficient in very sunny areas and are cheaper than micro inverters. Unfortunately, Fluent Solar does not sell any string inverters which means you'll be forced to use micro inverters for renewable energy, even if you live in an area that is good for string inverters.

The Bottom Line

Fluent Solar is making its way to be a contending solar company in the industry. With its variety of payment options, SunPower panels, and 10-year workmanship warranty, you can be assured that Fluent Solar will take care of you and your solar needs. However, string inverters aren't available for any of you living in very sunny areas in which being forced to get micro inverters can drive up your cost.

View Best Solar Companies

2.9

Bryan Everett

Fluent as a company was great to work with from day one. Our sales rep always followed thru with everything she committed to. Incentives we received were great. Customer service was super. All around service made our experience with fluent a joy to go thru. We would recommend Fluent to our friends.

Trevor Guthrie Cleveland, OH

Great value great people. Easy process from start to finish. I love my system and all of my family members do too. Thanks fluent.

Lacy Smith Clearlake Oaks, CA

I have had the Fluent Solar system for over a year. We bought a battery with our system. To date, the system has failed to work properly. Only half of the panels work. Javier, an employee with Fluent will not set the battery to charge 100% 7 days a week. It only charges 50% on weekdays. The customer service with this outfit is terrible and I do not recommend them. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and will wait to see if that helps. My next step will be to contact my attorney to see if he can get Fluent Solar to complete their job.

Jason Hansen Lehi, UT

Solar system seems fine, but they are a bit of a mess as a company. Our salesperson mislead us on number of light bulbs and Nest thermostats they'd include. When we called them on it, they pointed to the contract fine print over promises of their salesperson. Once it was all set up it took several weeks of phone calls to reach the one person to turn on a portal so we could view our system in app or online. So many messages and no returned calls. I waited on the phone while it was setup so I wouldn't have to hope they finally set it up this time. The lender they use (All in CU) has similar service, they couldn't sort out how to setup their own recurring payments and ended up dinging our credit for their mistake on setting it up after they'd had our paperwork for more than a month. After several phones calls over two months it was finally sorted as well and our credit is slowly recovering.

Shelli Denver, CO

Paying for solar that hasn't even been turned on due to the crappy service and out right lies.9 months I have dealt with Fluent. The ABSOLUTE WORST! Am no going to file complaint with BBB & District attorney office for fraud, and crimes against the elderly and local news stations. To bad you can't give no stars

Eileen F. Fuquay-Varina, NC

My husband and I had a great experience with Jeff. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions to our satisfaction. Their system is very high tech. We felt very comfortable moving forward with Fluent Solar. It was pretty much a no brainer. We spoke to a few other companies and they just weren’t as personable as Jeff was. They personally handle the entire process from start to finish. Even the welcome call we received from the corporate office exceeded our expectations. You could just tell they had done this hundreds of times and were very on point. We would totally recommend Fluent Solar to friends and family.

Jaime N. Eagle Mountain, UT

Overall I don’t love how solar panels look in general. But I do like that Fluent used the black on black panels on my roof. I feel like it looks more sharp than the traditional panels. Had a really good experience. I love that they only use micro inverters, which I had no idea about going into this, but luckily they made easy enough for me to understand. Essentially each panel functions on its own, and I can track the individual production of each panel on my phone to ensure the system is producing what it’s supposed to. If it’s not preforming like it should, they come out and maintain it as per the warranty which hasn’t happened to me. The process was a lot more painless than I thought it would be. Would for sure do it again! At the end of the day I’m saving money and helping the environment at the same time!

Tyler Greensboro, NC

I can honestly say I never thought I would have solar panels on house. I Though you had to pay a bunch up front for an installation and equipment when getting a solar panel system, but that way Fluent has it set up, anyone can do it without paying up front. I didn’t pay a cent prior to the panels being turned on, and they took care of all the backend stuff. My monthly payment for the panels is cheaper than what my electric bill was, and now we don’t have to be so conservative with our electricity. My main concern was what would happen if our panels stop working, but the warranty extends 25 years. What can I say, it was a slam dunk decision for us. I’m really impressed with the install as well. I’m trying to figure out how to upload pictures of my install to share. I will update my post if that feature is available. Ben and Richard were extremely nice to work with, and were really knowledgeable about the local and government incentives for going solar. Would absolutely recommend.

Utah Fluent Solar Customer Quepos, P

Salespeople - say your price of utilities has gone up every year, so this is a good investment. We checked and the utilities have not gone up in the 3 years since we bought our house. Brought in the “VP of sales” to close us - which is apparently not a position with the company when we called about him later “VP of sales” assured us could deliver what they promised - 18 panels that we needed, even though we checked with him AT LEAST 3 times because we had a 2nd opinion from a different solar company that said the city laws would only allow for 11 panels on our roof size. They told us they would install in September the latest(we signed up in June); in October we started calling them since they hadn’t installed or communicated with us. Installed HALF of what we signed for as a complete job! We had to call them to find out(they would probably have charged us for the 18 panels if we hadn’t)! They NEVER ONCE TOLD US THE PLANS HAD CHANGED BEFORE THE INSTALL TO GET OUR PERMISSION TO PROCEED. Said city won’t allow more. Said the rep submitted a 9 panel plan even though the contract we saw and the only plans we saw were for 18 panels. Apparently Fluent can completely change the entire plan after you sign!!! When we complained and said we don’t want this, told us put a lien on our house. They do answer when you call, however almost every time they couldn’t help us on the phone and said “I will personally call you back in 48 hours” and never did. We had to keep calling and threaten to sue to get them to actually help us. We decide the Christian thing to do is not sue. A month after install so the end of December now(we have 11 panels--all that the city allows like the other solar company told us) we pull up the Fluent app- it says 1 panel not working! After 3 weeks of calling and threatening they come out to check. Tell us 3 panels are unplugged. So app and panels don’t work that we are paying for. We’ve talked to other solar companies now: and have learned we paid way too much.

Lindsay Kelsey

Lack of communication, not trustworthy as our sales guy just told me what I wanted to hear. Took 3 weeks after the new meter was finally installed to even get our system running! Such a waste of time & money. We've been paying panel payments and the power bill. Still waiting on the rebate check we were promised months ago.

Jack Herbert Carlsbad, CA

I had been thinking about solar for some years, and when I met Cody and Bryce I felt they were people who would take care of all the details you would expect with such a complex system. And, they sure did. They were always available to explain what would happen next and when, and answer questions I seemed to continually come up with. I also want to recognize Mickey from the install team who camouflaged the front roof conduit so well that I forget its there, and Adrian who patched the stucco around the new electrical panel like you would expect from a true artisan.

Anne Giddens Carlsbad, CA

Now is the time to put in solar. Bryce L has been amazing at walking us through every step of the installation, and he follows up often to make sure everything is running smoothly. Which it is. It is so wonderful to now have a electric bill shocking me every month! The federal rebate will offset half of the cost. Bryce will show you all the options for payment.

Wiley Doss Winchester, CA

I bought my home in Sun City less year ago and have done many upgrades. I got several bids on solar power, and Fluent Solar was by far the best. My sales rep Jake was very informative and guided me through the entire process. He found the option that worked for me. The install was perfect, they even upgrade my main electrical panel. 10/10 would Recommend

Eva Fayetteville, NC

Smooth process start to finish. No complaints. Very informative presentation. High level of customer service. The time it took from enrolling to install took a little bit longer than I thought, but that’s because city took longer issuing the permit. I didn’t mind though because I didn’t have to pay for anything in the mean time, and I wasn’t the one in communication with the city. They were. Couldn’t be happier with the savings, and I love tracking my panels’ production on my phone.

Nicole Maples Fuquay-Varina, NC

I got installed with Fluent Solar back in May of 2017 and couldn’t be happier. Our representative was courteous and professional, and their team ensured that everything was hands off for us after moving forward. I had a concern that my panels wouldn’t preform since part of my roof gets shade for part of the day, so they made sure that my system had microinverters so that each panel works independent of each other. I’m just happy that I no longer get any charges from Duke power, and I didn’t have to come out of pocket to pay for anything up front. These guys have it together

Brett Baca Denver, CO

Been working with fluent for 8 months making payments on solar panels and electric bill . No customer service. System not working. Have to make numerous calls to see when installation will be complete. Would not recommend anyone to use fluent solar. Just a horrible experience

Chad Poston Medina, OH

So far Fluent has been excellent. Our representative Destinee O. has been great. Hopefully the installation goes as smoothly as the site survery.

Kelsch ,

Don’t do it!!! We had our solar panels installed August 21, 2020, and we are still waiting for them to get up and running. I have called multiple times to figure out what’s going on and they tell me they are waiting for this or that. They say they will call me back and get things figured out and never do. They have scheduled days to come and don’t show up. They promised a rebate snd we still haven’t got it. We are now paying the power bill and out solar bill, so we are not saving money at all.

Blake

Signed up around April, installed around may, it's now october and I'm still paying my power company AND I'm paying for my solar!!!!!! I've been paying $80 a month for the solar and my power bill each month which is 100-120!!!!! Fluent has done nothing but drag their feet.

David and Rhonda Gage

My husband and I would not recommend or refer this company to anyone. We had so many issues and problems. Customer service was terrible if we could rip these solar's out and find another company we would. We started this process May 15, 2020 and did not get it turned on until September 2020. Very very unhappy with this company you have no idea

River Skinner

Great service and installation, I loved working with them and they took care of me through and through.

Kelsey Heaton Brigham City, UT

These people never call back, they aren't forthcoming with the steps it will take to get solar going. We were really hopeful to get our solar in quickly, unfortunately that was not our experience. It started with being told our solar would be installed within a month of us signing the contracts. In reality it was 5 months later that it was installed. We kept hitting these walls with employees saying after this step you will be good to go and we can get your solar turned on. It ended up that 2-3 people showed up at my door for various things to do with the solar installation. And then light bulbs and a new thermometer unit showed up at my house with no explanation. When I called to see what that was about I was told I had to hire a 3rd party person to have that installed. Once our solar was installed and inspections were done we were waiting on some thing called the PTO, it was sent to us so I told Fluent I had it, but they wouldn't accept mine, they were certain they would get their own copy, two weeks of calling and no PTO in sight. After I sent that to them I was told just the portal setup was next to get the system going. That took another three weeks of me calling twice a week. These people would always promise to text me with an update, or call me back. Never happened. Even the manager was a flake and gave me a false email address. Its finally all set up but it was super frustrating getting to this point.

Reply from Fluent Solar

Kelsey, we deeply apologize for the negative experience you have had. We do not wish for any of our customers to have this kind of experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Feb. 1st, 2021

Lisa T Denver, CO

Do not use this organization! I had my panels installed in mid-June and it’s now mid-November and I still cant use my solar. It was finished with inspection over a month ago and after several calls and emails, still NO response. I have an appointment for an attic fan and insulation install on December 8, but I don’t really believe anything I hear. Had they told us how long it would take, we may have waited. I am now paying Xcel and the loan! I had a cash referral for these people but because of the issues we have had, I told them to go elsewhere. I think I have been scammed and will start suing. They’ve left me no choice. Lisa Thompson

Kenneth Krupa Encinitas, CA

We had a great experience with Fluent. They worked with us when other companies didn't. Bryce kept us informed every step of the way. He explained every option and answered every question. I have personally recommended Fluent to a couple of friends.

Janice Pilot Mountain, NC

I had been looking to get solar for years but never thought I could afford it. I was impressed with how helpful my Fluent Representative was with making sure all my questions were answered and kept me updated the whole way through the process. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

John

Completed the job quickly and professionally with no hint of uncertainty

Andy Jaegle Denver, CO

If I could vote 0 or Negative Stars, I would. It took well over 6 months to complete the install, and I have been battling since October 2020 (Over 6th Months) to get reimbursements and promises, including things that were promised in my signing contract. They were a nightmare from beginning to end, Go with anyone else.

Reply from Fluent Solar

Hello Andrew, we deeply apologize for any negative experience you have had. We are working diligently to resolve any issues on your account and will have someone reach out to you shortly. Thank you for your feedback.

Feb. 8th, 2021

Sharon Sevy

They have yet to call me back when they say they will! They have had over a month to resolve my particular problem, and I have been put off continually.

Shrikantha Shastsri San Diego, CA

price is very fair and clear Bryce is very good sales person He came my home 1 time for information he showed me i can by the solar with the tax rebate taken off the top. I will recommend him to my friends. He is # 1

Paul Hartman Encinitas, CA

Bryce and Cody did a great job of clarifying the options available to us with solar. Our bill this month is $13.00 and everything they told us has come true. The entire bill is only paying for the gas to our house.

Stephen Dunton

I've been waiting for a call back from Javier for a week and I still haven't received the check I was promised

Megan Fifield

We've had panels on our roof since July, power company installed they're meter in September, half our panels don't work and the other half barely produce anything

Robert L Reyes San Diego, CA

Fluent installed my Solar a little over a year ago. The fact that my roof was already worn and patched in many areas was never brought to my attention . Now they want $3,000 plus to remove and reinstall the solar system so I can have the roof replaced. That’s the price even with them installing the new roof . I would never have installed the solar on top of a worn roof had I known just how bad it was. I trusted them to be knowledgeable and working in my best interest but obviously not. Don’t trust this company. Get another bid before you sign with them.

Brandon El Dorado Hills, CA

I only give Fluent Solar 1 star because I had to in order to write this review. I have never been more disrespected then when dealing with Fluent Solar customer service. I initially purchased a system which should have covered me over 100%, but yet received a True Up bill of over $600. Fluent did own the problem at first and after weeks of back forth agreed to install 3 more panels, but that still was not going to bring me up to the coverage in which I purchased. it has now been 8 months and I am still waiting for Fluent to install the panels as they keep dragging their feet for some unknown reason. To add to it, an inverter went out on one of my panels. I put in a claim which they immediately sent me an inverter, but 3 months later I am still waiting for it to be installed as well. I could not be more disappointed in this company and its employees as they have shown nothing, but careless regard to my situation. DO NOT USE THEM!!

Lance Kelson Ogden, UT

Installed system in Oct. 20128. System is producing about 40 to 45% of required usage. Salesman said production would be about 90+%. Also told me i would possibly have one payment at end of year of up to about $100. Installers also did not install panels in engineering design location. None of these claims have materialized, I am now still paying $80 average electric bills and also a new $150.00 solar panel system payment. I was averaging only $100. per month for electricity to begin with. I would not recommend this Company to anyone.

Mr lopez

0 stars for these CROOKS! Don’t work with them! They are a bunch of crooks and they are terrible! You will be sitting with panels on your roof till they feel like getting anything done! The lady janalee is the most ignorant and rude lady to deal with & for sure will not get anything done for you!! Fluent only cares about themselves and their $$ ,,, & they are the 1st to try to sell you something to lock you into a contract & they won’t keep their part of contract up but expect you as a homeowner to want to work with them! I repeat don’t use them as a solar provider,, theirs 1,000’s other loyal companies out their that will look after yours and your FAMILYS BEST INTEREST,, other than just making you & your home just another number#. Their(fluent solar) salesman all have no sales license and their salesman will tell you anything if it means lying just to get you to commit... they are FRAUDLENT by using other people’s SOCIAL SECURITY # on other people’s homes to pass them with a good credit score(650 or better) to illegally take loans out for another homeowners home. .... I REPEAT,, stay away from this companie,,,,, if you still choose to go with them after I’ve shared some of mine and my colleagues experience,,,, then Hahaha,, you deserve to get RIPPED OFF by some DISHONEST, UNREALABLE, Fraudulent and misleading companies like FLUENT SOLAR. All Their fluent at is RIPPINNG PEOPLE OFF. This is a UTAH COMPANIE that’s doing work in California and know nothing! Complaints on FLUENTS LABOR LICENSE are in affect on this crooked solar companie & their cheating ,FRAUDULENT salesman’s and the companie it’s self for training or teaching them to mislead & lie to homeowners just for a lowsy sale!

James

Very terrible at communicating. I would never go through this process again. If I could choose to not have the panels I would.

Kevin Nielsen

Unable to contact them and i never received the rebate i was promised.

K

They weren't very responsive or were evasive after installation.

Zoei Germaine

Their communication throughout the whole process was abysmal. Took way too long to get us operational.

Carlos M.

Very helpful and knowledgeable until you sign your name down. Not helpful afterwards

Justin E. ,

The Fluent Solar process was simple and is already paying dividends!

Mike

Can't use app, directions are not very clear

Jay Watt

I would rate them 0 if you would let me. They miss lead and do not ever call you back

Lonnie Hill

I never got any help with learning how to read my meters!

Scott Jackson in Layton UT

Because 0 was not an option. Absolutely the Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Eric Durrant Washington, UT

Would like to return the hole system payments cost to much you don’t get any tax refunds no money back to help offset the bills which they promised and there is no return policy I recomend not going solar not a good idea

Felicia McDonnell Chula Vista, CA

Great experience. They did everything for us-including HOA approval and city permits. Very happy.

Robin Garneau

Lack of communication and sense of urgency.

Sanchez F.

No communication, horrible customer service, false promises!