Dividend Solar

Dividend Solar Logo

7.3

Dividend Solar

verified
Unlike many other solar energy businesses, this company sets itself apart by specializing in loans

Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Dividend Solar is a relatively new company in the solar energy industry. Unlike many other solar energy businesses, however, Dividend Solar sets itself apart by specializing in solar financing and loans. The solar power company stands by its decision to offer outright purchase and loan payment options to residential customers because there are certain advantages that come along with purchasing a system, such as tax credits and rebates. Read on to discover the pros and cons about Dividend Solar, as well as view Dividend Solar reviews from real customers.

The Good

• $0 Down EmpowerLoan and Dividend PACE Loans
  • Certified Solar Installers
  • Lengthy Warranties
  • Real-Time Monitoring

$0 Down EmpowerLoan and Dividend PACE Loans

Possibly the most obvious advantage of working with Dividend Solar is that the company specializes in residential solar loans, so it's a great option for homeowners who would rather make an investment in solar panels than lease them. Dividend Solar offers two types of loans: EmpowerLoan and PACE loans. Both options are $0 down; can be paid off early; and include certified installers, a performance guarantee, and a warranty. In addition to these benefits, customers are also eligible for any available federal and state tax credits, rebates, and other renewable energy incentives.

Certified Solar Installers

It bodes well for customers that Dividend Solar requires its solar installation contractors to have professional licensing and certifications (NABCEP in particular). Some customers might hesitate to work with a company that outsources work to third-party contractors, but the fact that Dividend Solar requires these qualifications increases the likelihood that customers will receive a high-quality installation and be satisfied with the work done on their home.

Lengthy Warranties

Dividend Solar offers a 25-year warranty that covers repairs and defects, performance, and maintenance services through its installation companies. The company also offers a 20-year workmanship warranty that covers labor.

Real-Time Monitoring

Consumers who purchase solar panels through Dividend Solar have the ability to monitor the progress and performance of their panels in real time. With this technology, customers can also see how much clean energy their system is producing, how much money the panels are saving them, and the effect that their solar PV system is having on the environment.

The Bad

• No Lease or PPA Options
  • Focus on Financing
  • Outsourced Installations
  • Limited Experience in the Industry

No Lease or PPA Options

Dividend Solar does not offer leases or PPAs. The company's EmpowerLoan is a great product, but a lease or PPA may be a better fit for consumers who want to make the switch to clean energy but would prefer not to take on the responsibility that comes along with solar ownership.

Focus on Financing

Dividend Solar places the majority of its focus on providing loans through its financial product, the EmpowerLoan. This means that the company has more experience helping customers get financing than actually installing solar PV systems on homes.

Outsourced Installations

Another potential drawback of Dividend Solar is that the company hires local contractors from its network to perform installations for solar PV systems. Despite the qualifications these contractors must meet, some customers prefer not to work with companies that outsource installations because this practice can sometimes result in miscommunication or lack of quality.

Limited Experience in the Industry

Dividend Solar was founded in 2013. While the solar industry as a whole is relatively new, many solar companies have been around for at least twice as long as Dividend Solar. This means Dividend Solar has had less time to gain experience and prove itself as a solid company within the industry.

The Bottom Line

Dividend Solar has many advantages to offer customers who are interested in renewable energy and solar power as an investment. The company specializes in residential solar loans and PACE financing, is readily available for homeowners in the many states around the country, and assembled a great network of people who can provide financial support and reliable labor. However, Dividend Solar is primarily a loan provider, so if you are looking for a lease or PPA, you won't have much luck with this company. Also, Dividend Solar does not install solar energy systems itself, so if you choose to work with this company, keep in mind that your solar installation will be outsourced to a third-party contractor.

View Best Solar Companies

4.1

ed ferguson
April 11th, 2018 Denver, CO

installers were very informative Office kept up with installation timeline and kept me informed all the way

Steve Taylor
March 19th, 2018 Laguna Hills, CA DETAILS

Customer service is horrible, tried Phone, email and even actual posted letter. No response

luis A. Rodriguez
March 8th, 2018 Brandon, FL DETAILS

I used to pay 180.00 max for electricity now I pay 149 for electricity plus the solar system 124 almost 300 dollars They lied to me about saving money

mike
March 1st, 2018 Tucson, AZ

Working with Dividend has been effortless. Everything was handled appropriately and in a timely manner.

Felipe
March 1st, 2018 Schertz, TX DETAILS

First class service from start to finish. Very thankful.

Dean Mansfield
January 30th, 2018 Swansea, MA

Your team made a difficult decision easy and enjoyable

Ed Szymanski
January 4th, 2018

All staff members are very knowledgeable and the product is very impressive. All staff members were always available for any questions throughout the process. Once my panels were installed I was even that more impressed. The installers were very professional and very neat cleaning up after the installation.

Percy Wanner
December 18th, 2017 Augusta, GA

They are on top of everything from the beginning. They get your loan for you. Let you know how things are progressing. Make all the appointments for you and make sure each responsible person or parties are doing their job at any given time. Stay in touch with the local Electrical Co. Inform the the city inspector when job is completed. They are with you from start to finish.

Ami Labrum
December 18th, 2017 West Jordan, UT

Everyone was wonderful! They were all very helpful and made sure we knew what was happening every step of the way. They made sure that we were satisfied and happy with the whole process and even found us a good roofer.

Elaine King
December 11th, 2017

Dividend employees treated us very courteous and professional. They explained all facets of their products and services. They stuck to the time line they promised us. They do the financing and almost all the paperwork. We did everything online which was a plus. The no money up front and the savings they predicted made our decision a no brainer. I will recommend this company to anyone I know without hesitation. Sincerely, John & Elaine King.

Claudia Sexton
December 11th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

I am very excited too have solar power in my home and I am very satisfied with a process of getting my solar panels. I can say that the future is looking brighter :)♡♡

Keisha H.
December 8th, 2017 Frederick, MD

The loan process is straightforward and the loan documents are easy to understand. I was pleasantly surprised that Dividend Solar rates are very competitive compared to several major solar providers in our county. I have only called customer service once during the installation process and the customer service agent was knowledgeable, pleasant, and helpful.

Michael Penn
December 5th, 2017 Pleasant Grove, UT

Dividend made sure that I stayed on track with all the necessary steps to get my system complete. They made sure I fully understood all aspects of my investment.

Greg
December 1st, 2017 Hudson, FL DETAILS

Installed really fast, they know solar, would recommend

THOMAS g SEASTRUNK
December 1st, 2017 Chapin, SC DETAILS

Excellent service from start to finish. Would highly recommend

Corrinne Battle
December 1st, 2017 Dallas, TX

Working with Dividend was handled very effortlessly

Janet Paolantonio
December 1st, 2017 North Kingstown, RI

It has been an easy experience with Dividend Solar. I would recommend the solar panels to everyone.

DONNA FURMAN
December 1st, 2017 Ash Grove, MO DETAILS

Install was quick & proffesional. Appearance is very nice !!! Producing power through nature is awesome !!

Antonio Oliveira
November 20th, 2017 Lake Elsinore, CA DETAILS

Fairly new installation/loan, so I haven't had time to use much of its service. But so far, very easy to go through approval process, with very low interest rate and full online process.

November 20th, 2017 Houston, TX DETAILS

I am unhappy with the service and the cost. I was told one thing and got something else. Inforamtion given to me was untrue and i do not appreciate it.

Elliott Martin
November 14th, 2017 Lake Elsinore, CA

Excellent online customer portal and easy loan process.

anonymous
November 13th, 2017 Swansea, MA' DETAILS

Great until sale is made, then disappears when more questions arise

Adam
November 13th, 2017 North Charleston, SC DETAILS

easy to use, non intrusive, auto pay so I dont have to worry about it

Blanco
November 13th, 2017 Methuen, MA DETAILS

Great customer service. They are very knowledgeable in there product.

Chris Alba Energy Customer
November 13th, 2017 Manor, TX DETAILS

Excellent User Portal and Great Customer Service

Shayne or Chris
November 13th, 2017 Peoria, AZ' DETAILS

I have had no issues with them and they are very helpful answering questions

Eric
November 13th, 2017 Lake Worth, FL' DETAILS

Their referral program was slow to send me my referral rewards after friendsyatem was up and running. I had to call them to request my check. Not cool. Quick to take your money but slow to send you what you agreed to.

Jerry kipper
November 13th, 2017 Orland, CA DETAILS

they did a great job , installed ahead of schedule, installers were clean and knowledgeable

Jo Lee
November 13th, 2017 Columbia, SC DETAILS

They are diligent and thorough providing good quality service.

Carlos Guzman
November 13th, 2017 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I am very satisfied with the service of the solar panels

Paul Jacobsem
November 13th, 2017 Orlando, FL' DETAILS

I had to keep running them down for status updates and the salesman didn't have business card nor valued our time, was in our home over 4 hours.

Richard Boggs
November 13th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

Horrible customer service and they lied about getting my power bill to zero

Brian McMahon
November 13th, 2017 Winchester, CA DETAILS

Dividend made everything easy, from start to finish.

Marcia
November 13th, 2017 Commack, NY DETAILS

installation was completed as scheduled. Installers personable, informative. System seems to be producing as expected

Colleen
November 13th, 2017 Aubrey, TX DETAILS

easy to access website, financing that is affordable and creative

Cathy Jones
November 13th, 2017 Oroville, CA DETAILS

We can't monitor our solar system, as stated in our contract.

Jasmine roth
November 13th, 2017 Austin, TX DETAILS

Horrible customer service. Other companies have better rates. Not willing to work with customer

mort payne
November 6th, 2017 Ocala, FL DETAILS

We haven't recieved anyfo on our invvestment.

November 6th, 2017 Dalzell, SC DETAILS

The first person I spoke to told me something totally different than I wound up with, costing more than discussed and not seeing results like I was told I would. Talking to top guy was a pain as he made it out like I should be soooooooo happy with my dicission to have this installed and I'm NOT. Have told all my family and friend who ask about all this so not sure they will try it. Switched shortly after speaking to the first person and Kathy G. was the last person who avoided me after I stated I was dissatisfied.

Carol S.
November 6th, 2017 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Well, so far so good! They keep me up to date regarding my account billing and payments. They have also been very clear about their process and policies.