Dividend Solar verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

8.0

Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Dividend Solar is a relatively newer company in the solar energy industry. Unlike many other solar energy businesses, however, Dividend Solar sets itself apart by specializing in solar loans and financing. The company stands by its decision to offer buy and loan payment options to residential customers because there are certain advantages that come along with purchasing a system, such as tax credits and rebates.

The Good

• $0 Down EmpowerLoan and Dividend PACE
  • Certified Installers
  • Lengthy Warranty
  • Real-Time Performance Monitoring

$0 Down EmpowerLoan and Dividend PACE

Possibly the most obvious advantage of working with Dividend is that the company specializes in loans, so it's a great option for homeowners who would rather purchase solar panels than lease them. Dividend offers two types of loans: EmpowerLoan and PACE. Both loans are $0 down; can be paid off early; and include certified installers, a performance guarantee, and a warranty.

Certified Installers

It bodes well for customers that Dividend Solar requires its installation contractors to have professional licensing and certifications (NABCEP in particular). Some customers might hesitate to work with a company that outsources work to third-party contractors, but the fact that Dividend Solar requires these qualifications increases the likelihood that customers will receive a high-quality installation and be satisfied with the work done on their home.

Lengthy Warranty

Dividend Solar offers a 25-year warranty that covers repairs and defects, performance, and maintenance services through its installation companies. The company also offers a 20-year workmanship warranty that covers labor.

Real-Time Performance Monitoring

Consumers who purchase solar panels through Dividend Solar have the ability to monitor the progress and performance of their panels in real time. With this technology, customers can also see how much money the panels are saving them, as well as the effect their solar system is having on the environment.

The Bad

• No Lease, PPA, or Outright Purchase Options
  • Focus on Financing
  • Outsourced Installations
  • Limited Experience in the Industry

No Lease, PPA, or Outright Purchase Options

Dividend Solar does not offer leases or PPAs. The company's EmpowerLoan is a great product, but a lease or PPA may be a better fit for consumers who want to eliminate the responsibility that comes along with solar ownership. Additionally, Dividend Solar does not give its customers the option to purchase a solar energy system outright.

Focus on Financing

Dividend Solar places the majority of its focus on providing loans through its financial product, the EmpowerLoan. This means that the company has more experience helping customers get financing than actually installing solar systems on homes.

Outsourced Installations

Another potential drawback of Dividend Solar is that the company hires local contractors from its network to perform installations. Despite the qualifications these contractors must meet, some customers prefer not to work with companies that outsource installations because this practice can sometimes result in miscommunication or lack of quality.

Limited Experience in the Industry

Dividend Solar was founded in 2013. While the solar industry as a whole is relatively new, many companies have been around for at least twice as long as Dividend Solar. This means Dividend Solar has had less time to gain experience and prove itself as a solid company within the industry.

The Bottom Line

Dividend Solar has many advantages to offer solar customers. Not only is the company readily available in the many states around the country, but it has also assembled a great network of people who can provide financial support and reliable labor. However, Dividend Solar is primarily a loan provider, so if you are looking for a lease or PPA, you won't have much luck with this company.

View Best Solar Companies

4.1

Dean Mansfield

January 21st, 2018 Swansea, MA

Your team made a difficult decision easy and enjoyable

Ed Szymanski

December 29th, 2017

All staff members are very knowledgeable and the product is very impressive. All staff members were always available for any questions throughout the process. Once my panels were installed I was even that more impressed. The installers were very professional and very neat cleaning up after the installation.

Percy Wanner

December 17th, 2017 Augusta, GA

They are on top of everything from the beginning. They get your loan for you. Let you know how things are progressing. Make all the appointments for you and make sure each responsible person or parties are doing their job at any given time. Stay in touch with the local Electrical Co. Inform the the city inspector when job is completed. They are with you from start to finish.

Ami Labrum

December 16th, 2017 West Jordan, UT

Everyone was wonderful! They were all very helpful and made sure we knew what was happening every step of the way. They made sure that we were satisfied and happy with the whole process and even found us a good roofer.

Elaine King

December 9th, 2017

Dividend employees treated us very courteous and professional. They explained all facets of their products and services. They stuck to the time line they promised us. They do the financing and almost all the paperwork. We did everything online which was a plus. The no money up front and the savings they predicted made our decision a no brainer. I will recommend this company to anyone I know without hesitation. Sincerely, John & Elaine King.

Claudia Sexton

December 9th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

I am very excited too have solar power in my home and I am very satisfied with a process of getting my solar panels. I can say that the future is looking brighter :)♡♡

Keisha H.

December 7th, 2017 Frederick, MD

The loan process is straightforward and the loan documents are easy to understand. I was pleasantly surprised that Dividend Solar rates are very competitive compared to several major solar providers in our county. I have only called customer service once during the installation process and the customer service agent was knowledgeable, pleasant, and helpful.

Michael Penn

December 5th, 2017 Pleasant Grove, UT

Dividend made sure that I stayed on track with all the necessary steps to get my system complete. They made sure I fully understood all aspects of my investment.

Greg

December 1st, 2017 Hudson, FL DETAILS

Installed really fast, they know solar, would recommend

THOMAS g SEASTRUNK

December 1st, 2017 Chapin, SC DETAILS

Excellent service from start to finish. Would highly recommend

Corrinne Battle

December 1st, 2017 Dallas, TX

Working with Dividend was handled very effortlessly

Janet Paolantonio

December 1st, 2017 North Kingstown, RI

It has been an easy experience with Dividend Solar. I would recommend the solar panels to everyone.

DONNA FURMAN

December 1st, 2017 Ash Grove, MO DETAILS

Install was quick & proffesional. Appearance is very nice !!! Producing power through nature is awesome !!

Antonio Oliveira

November 20th, 2017 Lake Elsinore, CA DETAILS

Fairly new installation/loan, so I haven't had time to use much of its service. But so far, very easy to go through approval process, with very low interest rate and full online process.

November 20th, 2017 Houston, TX DETAILS

I am unhappy with the service and the cost. I was told one thing and got something else. Inforamtion given to me was untrue and i do not appreciate it.

Elliott Martin

November 14th, 2017 Lake Elsinore, CA

Excellent online customer portal and easy loan process.

anonymous

November 13th, 2017 Swansea, MA' DETAILS

Great until sale is made, then disappears when more questions arise

Adam

November 13th, 2017 North Charleston, SC DETAILS

easy to use, non intrusive, auto pay so I dont have to worry about it

Blanco

November 13th, 2017 Methuen, MA DETAILS

Great customer service. They are very knowledgeable in there product.

Chris Alba Energy Customer

November 13th, 2017 Manor, TX DETAILS

Excellent User Portal and Great Customer Service

Shayne or Chris

November 13th, 2017 Peoria, AZ' DETAILS

I have had no issues with them and they are very helpful answering questions

Eric

November 13th, 2017 Lake Worth, FL' DETAILS

Their referral program was slow to send me my referral rewards after friendsyatem was up and running. I had to call them to request my check. Not cool. Quick to take your money but slow to send you what you agreed to.

Jerry kipper

November 13th, 2017 Orland, CA DETAILS

they did a great job , installed ahead of schedule, installers were clean and knowledgeable

Jo Lee

November 13th, 2017 Columbia, SC DETAILS

They are diligent and thorough providing good quality service.

Carlos Guzman

November 13th, 2017 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I am very satisfied with the service of the solar panels

Paul Jacobsem

November 13th, 2017 Orlando, FL' DETAILS

I had to keep running them down for status updates and the salesman didn't have business card nor valued our time, was in our home over 4 hours.

Richard Boggs

November 13th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

Horrible customer service and they lied about getting my power bill to zero

Brian McMahon

November 13th, 2017 Winchester, CA DETAILS

Dividend made everything easy, from start to finish.

Marcia

November 13th, 2017 Commack, NY DETAILS

installation was completed as scheduled. Installers personable, informative. System seems to be producing as expected

Colleen

November 13th, 2017 Aubrey, TX DETAILS

easy to access website, financing that is affordable and creative

Cathy Jones

November 13th, 2017 Oroville, CA DETAILS

We can't monitor our solar system, as stated in our contract.

Jasmine roth

November 12th, 2017 Austin, TX DETAILS

Horrible customer service. Other companies have better rates. Not willing to work with customer

mort payne

November 6th, 2017 Ocala, FL DETAILS

We haven't recieved anyfo on our invvestment.

November 6th, 2017 Dalzell, SC DETAILS

The first person I spoke to told me something totally different than I wound up with, costing more than discussed and not seeing results like I was told I would. Talking to top guy was a pain as he made it out like I should be soooooooo happy with my dicission to have this installed and I'm NOT. Have told all my family and friend who ask about all this so not sure they will try it. Switched shortly after speaking to the first person and Kathy G. was the last person who avoided me after I stated I was dissatisfied.

Carol S.

November 6th, 2017 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Well, so far so good! They keep me up to date regarding my account billing and payments. They have also been very clear about their process and policies.

Mr & MRS Pendergraft

November 6th, 2017 Rockledge, FL DETAILS

We have to have a new ROOF An when we had the Solar put on I ask how it would work to have the Solar taken down for the new Roof An was told it was no problem it would not cost more than $500.00 or so to take down an replace after the new Roof .Well I have Spoke to RICKY with SEM twice An ask him to tell me how much and I have left four message An it has been a week An I have not heard from him or Any one so We are really up set .We are just about to say I have had I with them .There is not reason I have not received a answer .No one has called us in over a week An I am feed up.We have about had it with all of them . MR &MRS Pendergraft

Stephen

November 6th, 2017 Roanoke, TX DETAILS

Easy to work with. Proffesiibl and polite. Very efficient.

Butch

November 6th, 2017 Minotola, NJ' DETAILS

The install went quickly. The guys had the panels and everything done in less than three days. Getting the forms processed so we could get online took almost three months however. Our sales rep was in so close contact with us through the set up and install, we almost starting charging him rent. However, once the install was done, we almost never saw him again. We're still waiting to hear from him on an account snafu which happened a few weeks ago.

B.c. Murray

November 6th, 2017 Wenonah, NJ DETAILS

Because there service and product is really good

Scott

November 6th, 2017 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

Easy fast application process, effortless completion of the application process.