Written by Sarah HancockSarah Hancock is passionate about green living and sustainability. She frequently writes about renewable energy and manages the Solar blog at BestCompany.com.
1. When the solar salesperson first knocks on your door
2. When they start to give you their pitch about how much you can save on your utility bill by powering your home with ~magical~ sun energy
3. When you realize that what they're saying is true and you really could be saving pocketfuls of cash
4. When you think about how you'll be helping the environment and contributing to a greener future
5. When you're signing all the paperwork for the system
6. When the installers come over to your house to put up the panels
7. When it's taking weeks to get your system connected to the grid
8. When your system is finally all hooked up and you're ready to start harnessing the power of the sun
9. When all your friends and neighbors see how cool your new solar panels are
10. When you get your first electricity bill and see how much you saved
Don't have solar panels on your home yet? Check out top rated solar companies in your area here.