DISH Logo

DISH

8.8

rcp3p0 Humboldt, TN

Increased my rates DURING PANDEMIC 6$ per month. NO SENIOR DISCOUNTS. NO INCENTIVES TO KEEP CUSTOMERS. Only INCENTIVES FOR NEW CUSTOMERS. Daily updates interrupts usage, bluetooth devices,and USE of DISH REMOTE. This service/provider/company could be replced by MOST ANYTHING. BUYER BEWARE!

Julie , MO

If I could give 0 stars I would.A lot of the good programming went to Discovery +.Programs just seem random now.And old.My bill went up $12 and to get my favorites back they want me to pay an extra 4.99 minimum per month!Discovery is streaming and I don't have internet. Will be dropping Dish

Scott George Jamestown, NY

This company is a joke they keep taking channels from us and yet our monthly bill stays the same we pay extra for local channels and keep losing them as well. We are going back to spectrum as the price is cheaper and they will pay out our contract with dish good riddance dish

Cathy Rucker Hattiesburg, MS

Dish was flexible in cutting my bill when i inform them i was not st home to watch tv. They only charge a convenience fee for 6 months. That was nice

Rex The Bronx, NY

So, unlike other providers when there's an overcast or bad weather the reception is horrible ...otherwise its great

Meg ,

Dish has deals for the old and young. They are willing to work with you if your on a fixed income. They have awesome bundle deals as well

Victor Day Lawrence, KS

They provided an excellent product for a reasonable price. It was much better than my previous provider.

Rodney Edgerton, KS

We have been with dish on and off since the 1980s. The two year agreement is fine but when it runs out they will raise prices. Many times they could adjust the price to the previous two year agreement , because I am a longtime valued customer. Tonight, they said they would adjust it for $20.00 more than what my 2 year agreement was. They use to work with me, not anymore. This week dish network will be a thing of the past in my home.

HILL TERRA Queen Creek, AZ

Horrible company! I signed up for their service for my mother. She wanted to watch the Portuguese station. She is DYING and I called to cancel the service only to be told that I owed $240 in cancelation fee. After 11 years and under the circumstances you think they would be human and waive the fee. NOPE! Don't sign up for this service....they are awful!!!!

Richard Diaz Glennville, GA

We have been with Dish for several years. I was furloughed two weeks ago and felt we needed to cancel our dish service, because a lack of income. This past Friday I was asked to report back to work (4/24/2020). I understood my Dish account was paid up until today 4/28/2020. My wife & I called Dished today and were told we could not resume the service we had and there would be additional costs. It obviously did not pay to be a loyal Dish customer for all those years.

Paul Dahlseng Starbuck, MN

Well they started out ok. High price but didn't have many options in the country. Once other options started becoming available the state raising there price and then dropping the channels that makes a person take the higher packages. Then when you want to cancel after 10 years plus being with them they tell you you're ok with forgetting over$200 of loyalty or costumer credits that you never had any idea you had accrued. Not to mention the customer service reps are mostly very rude when things aren't going there way.

Ann , OK

Don't believe the good about dish. Real customers will tell you how crappy it really is. I have been in the regional fox sports blackout since July. No credits on the bill for it AND they just increased the bill 6 bucks. If you call them you better have at least an hour or more because you will be on hold for at least 30 minutes just to start. They don't deserve any stars.

Sofia Kominaro San Antonio, TX

If I could give them a 0 I would. I will be blasting DISH all over social media and I’m going to corporate about this. My mom was on the phone with a dish supervisor and the supervisor was using condescending tones and laughed at my mother. She was saying I can close your account right now. This is not how members should be treated. Everyone please pick a different provider, it’s not worth paying money to these idiots.

Micki ,

Pretty much done with DISH TV! Have been a customer since 2005, and have been usually OK with service . NOT NOW......looking for other alternatives, No Super Bowl, No NASCAR, ...OK maybe we can try to ride this out, but low and behold they decide to raise our rates ANOTHER $6 a month. Seriously looking for other alternatives. Please note that the survey is taken from today's perspective, very displeased with what is happening with this company.

Joe Armstrong Chambersburg, PA

Signed up for 1 yrs contract 2 months ago and they said my bill would not increase for the year... Do not believe these people cause they are trained to lie to their customers because got online to pay bill and bill has already increased..Called dish and all they can say is that they had price increases for core packages..So as soon as 1 yrs is up we will be switching to something else...So BEWARE DISH IS RIPOFFS...

todd pendley McMinnville, OR

We had direct TV for 3 years then switched to dish Network for the past 1.5 years. Can't wait to go back to direct TV. Just trying to navigate, record shows and general program searching is sooooo much easier on direct TV. Would never recommend dish Network on my worst enemy!

John Cedar City, UT

I have had several complaints with dish. I have tried to call in and get some help. NO BODY there knows anything. They made me book a service tech so he could tell me what I already knew. Dish sucks. And Tony from customer service, I hope you never answer another one of my calls. Canyon wait for Direct TV to get good program for sign ups, cause I'm out

R Elliott Myrtle Creek, OR

Greed in the US is alive & well, case in point because of the dispute between Dish & Fox we missed the 49er playoff game. This is ridiculous, what next no Super Bowl ? The biggest 1 day sporting event in the "WORLD"!!!! Being a retired professional it seems to me that the heads of these companies could negotiate while still providing service to it's PAYING customers. These CEO's must have gotten they're respective degrees from the back of TV guide, if they're old enough to remember that.It won't break the bank, but I for one will take my money elsewhere!!!! R. Elliott

Linda H. , TX

Way too expensive. In the last few years they are always in disagreements with broadcast networks and the best channels are removed. Instead of finding replacements they set up channels like wild west scene scape which is a continuous loop of an animated landscape that is about 5 minutes long. They also have two separate ones of fireplaces burning. Don't waste your money.

Rock Detroit, MI

Customer service is not the best . I talked to a supervisor and still the same results complaining about them shutting my service off early and it was paid for my fox channel has been cancelled and they tell me I get 3 dollar credit ,no that’s a breech of our contract (Customer Service) it was never in your contract ...so as a customer if we cancel we get penalized, But if they cancel it’s ok.

appledude1221 Solon, OH

I have been a dish network customer for 20 years but since july dish network kicked fox regional sports networks off their service and yet they do not care about their customers at all i keep demanding them to bring back the channel but all they are saying is fox regional is to blame for blackout stay away from this company as they lie to their customers so a deal would not be made if you want fox regional go to directv spectrum or hulu but stay away from those dish network clowns

Kenneth Sherven Sidney, MT

My parents are senior citizens recently bought a new tv with hd all the bells and whistles last yr they upgraded dish reciever its hd and all that but they didnt change the dish itself its not capable of this WHY what a con my father called yest to get the dish changed and dish network said only if you agree to a 2yr contract WHAT it should have been installed with the new reciever a yr ago you guys are crooked as can be i have told many friends and family there done with dish wtg guys you jumped right on board with the rotten companies out to screw seniors over awsome

Gettielee Phoenix, AZ

They are the WORST COMPANY to get service through. They are super scandalous! We asked for a 12-month contract they put us in a 24 month contract. We called to cancel our service because we were not happy with it and they keep trying to charge the credit card that we first had to set up the service that we were required to provide called numerous of times they won't do nothing about it.

Faye Disputanta, VA

Dish. Poor reception. Plays same movies over and over. DO NOT allow access for payment from your credit card. When you call to cancel coverage the wait is over an hour. We cancelled coverage and three months later they still continued to draft payments and increase payments. Dish phone service told me I got the bad seed employee didn't do the job properly to cancel. I had the employee name and number. They would not refund. Thankfully, we have fast speed internet now with endless viewing options thru prime video, hulu etc. Would give a zero star if I could.

Todd Hill

I made an appointment with Dish Network to reinstall my connection after their partner HughesNet cut it and then failed to deliver the high-speed Internet it had promised (that's another story). At any rate, Dish never showed, and then said they had no record of the appointment I definitely made. My advice -- after making an appointment with Dish, call them several times to confirm that they do in fact plan to honor the appointment. Terrible company, terrible customer service.

gene Williamsburg, VA

I have been a dishnetwork user for 20 plus years and recently they forced the use of the google assistant for voice search use with out customer choice. Before this I would have totally said that dish is by for the best satellite company but since I do not have nor want the google assistant in my home and so I am starting to look for a new provider

Donald Jennings Mooresville, NC

Dish Network is a unprofessional ran business.with very disrespectful customer service agents that do not care for their customers. You sign a 2-year contract and the price goes up 40 dollars in the first year. And take channels away all the time for example the Fox channel and they seem to think it's okay. Stay away from dish save your money go DirecTV or cable company. I highly recommend staying away from this terrible ran company.

Sharyn Abb Bellevue, WA

Ditch Dish TV They sign you up for a 2 yr package then take away channels with no compensation or ability to get out of your contract. Fox Sports, FS1, Big Ten and all the Fox networks have been removed. Do Not fall for their low prices. Dish TV is a scam to get you to lock in for 2 yrs then take away programs. They will not let you out of contact even though they changed the programming. If I could give them a negative rating I would

R. LaCour Buffalo, TX

Always plays reruns. Half of channels are music. Dish anywhere is a joke it depends where you are when trying to watch TV they do not have it anywhere. To high compared to TV you can get for free through internet. They don’t listen just a sales gimmick be sure to check options before getting this. They keep cutting channels and going up on prices. Bottom line it’s not worth the money. They leave out it depends on where service is located.

C Monroe

The service is OK however my equipment is outdated and they make it hard to get new equipment even though I'm paying a significant fee each month. Also reception is poor at times and my cost of service continues to go up.

mhenrycat Castalia, IA

I have ditched their tv 5 years ago. I get free tv, I like it and I cannot afford payed tv any more. They jacked up their prices. every time they had a dispute with a tv company, they jack up the prices for some little excuse. When I called to cancel them I had to spend over a half an hour of of yelling at them to cancel me. I did not deserve to be treated that way. Don't go with them. they are the worse liars that I have ever seen. I never want to get on the phone with them again.

Myah Smith American Fork, UT

I have had dish for a few years and have had a few problems. For the most part it is good, however when something goes wrong and I have to contact customer service, they take forever. Probably would not recommend.

Brian Slade South Jordan, UT

PAC 12 Network alone is a good reason to go with DISH. They've been great with customer service. The value for the money is okay. Their Equipment is great!

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

I took advantage of DISH pricing at one time and they were fine. There didn't seem to be much of a difference between them and Directv and the products and pricing are very comparable. They are a good company.

Edwin Abramson Corona, CA

Always ready to help whether it be tech support or adjusting my service or charges. Been a customer for over 15 years and not disappointed once.

J Lee Baytown, TX

I signed up for Dish with the "Hopper 3" offer. After the tech left, I had a refurbished Hopper. No Hopper 3. No free movie channels. No free maintenance. I called Dish, who said the Hopper 3 was based on my credit. No prior mention of this. I was offered a Hopper 3 for a $80 fee. I refused. Note: my credit was good enough to drive a Mercedes Benz off the lot for zero down. Plus this equipment is just what it's label, "refurbished ". Can't wait for the 2 year commitment to end.

Brayden D. Gilbert, AZ

Dish was our first choice of TV provider and I was definite no disappointment. We get everything we want and we never have any problems with it.

William Bailen Port Hueneme, CA

Every time it snowed we lost service ! Wanted LA local channels but got Bakersfield instead. Wanted to pay for a LA Laker game but had to buy the Whole NBA season (all teams)

Sandra Bonet Saylorsburg, PA

The service has been excellent and it is less expensive and at the same time, offers more challens then my previous company.

Farid Ahmed Humble, TX

They are the best in this business as compared to Direct TV or Cable companies. I've Dish since last 20 years and have no complains other than ever increasing cost.

Cody Fort Worth, TX

Dish is once again in contract dispute with another channel. This time it’s CBS. Last time it was abc and it was out a half week through the weekend to where you missed the College football games such as OU v UT etc etc. this time it’s going through thanksgiving so we will miss the cowboy game Thursday and most like our college football games Saturday.

Rebekah

Be honest!!! They say there's no contract! However, they are liar's. I tried to cancel service and all of a sudden there's a big $400 TERMINATION FEE. ALL REPRESENTATIVE SHOULD BE TRAINED RIGHT! Think before getting service FUTURE BUYERS!!! It's wrong to scam on commercials too! Highly upset! I've worked in customer service for over 3 years! This is not loyal customer service! HIGHLY UNACCEPTABLE!

Leslie

I paused my DISH service and I was looking to see if they would offer me a better deal to come back and they didn't. 10 dollars off the most expensive package and no guarantee there would be no installation fee was the best they would do. The cable company is a bunch of crooks, but at least I'm getting more bang for my buck with them.

Aric Gullickson Dousman, WI

I know you may get this a lot but I literally can not afford the service anymore but they threaten me with a $280 cancellation fee so it's difficult. I can't afford to keep the service nor pay to get rid of it. I know they easily can afford to waive this fee, but will they? Of course not, because it's not money made.

Richard Rauhecker Pittsburgh, PA

WHO SPONSERS THIS PAGE, DISH TV???? LOOK AT IT, OUR SCORE 7.3 BUT THE CONSUMERS SAY 4.4 WHOSE RIGHT HERE, SPONSERS OF THE PAGE OR CONSUMERS?????????????????????? Today there was a storm in Morgantown WV, that's 90 miles from me in Verona PA, but I lost TV service. Called DISH and they confirmed the storm in WV is why I lost service. This is unacceptable to me. This is not the first time!!! EVERYTIME it rains, I lose service. Once it was not raining, just cloudy, I lost service. CAN'T WAIT TO CANCEL MY DISH SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kari Staheli

I have had DISH when we lived in Vegas. We had a few technical problems that were solved easily with their customer service. I would recommend DISH.

Skye Dumoulin Ocala, FL

The impasse between Dish/Hearst is inexcusable. We're a month and a half in with no solution in sight and all Dish is offering is either an antenna or a one-time $30 credit despite the fact that we have no idea how long the standoff will last. Meanwhile Dish insists on broadcasting obnoxious propaganda videos trashing Hearst. I think they're more interested in winning than in serving their customers.

Nicole Finley

Dish was great with installation and easy use of product but when we asked for sports package they never mentioned they don't have SNY, we tried every way possible to get Mets games and they don't have rights. Went to cancel after 3 days of service and was told we were charged $480! After many phone calls and speaking to rude representatives, I went to social media and finally they compromised with a $99 cancellation fee. Very very frustrating 7days of dealing with them.

Lboeger

This company is the worst it's a wonder how they stay in business!! The equipment is constantly malfunctioning, the play back on the DVR is terrible, it skips and pauses all the time. Love tv skips and pauses too. You call the customer service and they're awful, no experience and never any compensation. The channels are forever out for months at a time while they're negotiating. It's a pain never again will I use or recommend DISH.

Kimberly Franklin, NC

Took the lady almost 5 minutes to find my account (via name, phone number and address) because she kept telling me I didn't have an account. I told her they owe me over a year's worth of monthly drafted payments if that was the case. She FINALLY found it. Was on the phone for 45 minutes (I took a screen shot) and all that was accomplished was that she "put a note on my account that I was advised to call back in 2 weeks". Awful.