DISH Logo

DISH

8.8

Charles Dawson Mio, MI

Both Dish and Direct are beyond corrupted. My Dish cable just stopped working one day. I did nothing to cause it. But just as with Direct TV, they want to charge like $90 or more to send a tech to your house to fix THEIR equipment. Of course you could simply pay $10/mo. so you'd pay nothing for a tech. I just want a deal where I pay a monthly fee, duh, and they provide me with the service. yeah, if I break it, I buy it, otherwise it should be THEIR responsibility. We have a contract. When I had Direct, both my remotes stopped working and they wanted ME to buy new ones for $25/ea. Again, I did nothing wrong.

Salvador Macias Clarks, NE

Just cancelled my service after 2 months of service. I prefer to pay the required $476 fee than to do business with a dishonest business. Dish Network sent me a mailer offering a $100 dollar Visa card to become a new customer. They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for me to get the card. After talking to them two months later, their management called me a liar. They said that the offer had expired and I was not telling them the truth. They are a business that does false advertisement to get customers. This experience has been horrible and distressful to me and my family. Today is November 21, 2019 one week before Thanksgiving. Hope they can enjoy stealing our money. We will never do business with them again.

Jamie L Story City, IA

Terrible company, we have been loyal customer for over 15 years. Paid our bill on time, never late. Tried to cancel they told me that they would pause my service, call back in 3 months so I did 3 months later. They said, you are such a loyal customer we will wave the charges and put it on pause. Then I get a bill, 164.00 They had reconnected our service and they discontinued it for lack of payment. I said, I never, never, recieved any notice asked them what the mailing address was. They said, the correct one. But said, it was returned for 3 months straight. So then I asked if they had tried to call or get a hold of me another way. Johanna said, well that is not our job, that is the job of the collection department. There is nothing I can do for you... TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE customer service. I will also put this on all my social media, facebook, twitter, instagram etc. I will let as many people I can know not to use Dish Network fraudulent, lying people.

Mark Houston, PA

I called to get dish service and was told I was approved at a high rate(not sure exactly what that meant). I was told I needed a credit card to finish everything up. I did not have a credit card on me at that point. I told them I could call back in the next day. I was then told by a manager if I called back in the next day I may not get the same approval rate. She asked to if I had a home depot card or if I could call someone to use their card. I said I would call back the next day. She again said I may not get the same approval look level. I said it would change in 24 hours she said it happens all the time. Felt very pressured seemed like she was desperate and would do whatever to get me signed on that night. Needless to say after that I did not call back

Leslie Jarrell, TX

Over priced for the channels that are left. Customer service was horrible. I called to cancel and was told the final price/amount I would have to pay was $72.07. I asked to make sure that was it and that I would have no other charges after that. Well 2 weeks later I get a charge for $32.48. I call and find out that I have to pay to return THEIR equipment. I was NOT told about this fee when I cancelled. I called and thru his broken English he informed me of what the charge was. So I am not able to access my account to take my billing info off or anything yet they can still take money from my bank account. Make sure before you cancel you take your info off of the account. Such a scam. I am disgusted with this company and would NEVER recommend it to anyone. Bad enough you lose channels all the time but they will screw you over.

Mike J Lake City, MN

I was with dish 17 years and until recently I was ok with them. However due to the loss of the Fox channels my TV usage was very limited. I attempted to call but was on hold for over an hour before I gave up. Tried to chat but was number 180. Got to 72 and another hour wasted. Tried to cancel on line but it wouldn't let me. An hour and half on the phone and I finally got through. Told the individual I was talking to I wanted to cancel and he responded with, ok you don't have to return the equipment as it is obsolete. Take it to your nearest recycling place or dispose of it. To dispose of it would cost $20.00 foreach receiver. I have been paying monthly for receivers that they themselves say aren't worth keeping. Kind of ironic. Dish, I quote, " We won't send you a return label" because they don't even want there own equipment back! Instead they are going to dump it back on their customers to take care of it. Why would anyone want to support a company that doesn't want to support you? I would not recommend Dish to anyone!

Tami Ona, FL

1) 75 minute installation window is false advertising. Mine was supposed to be an A.M. installation but they changed it all day, the guys ended up showing up around 5pm. 2) Signed a 2 year contract, then just a couple weeks later, they removed Fox and FS1, 2 MAJOR channels with sports fans in the house. 3) 45 minute wait on hold for customer service in off peak hours. Good service otherwise and decent price. I would try DirectTV instead if I could do it again.

Griselda nuñez Sacramento, CA

So i was a loyal dish customer for years loved the programming had no problem with the pricing; when you like a service you will pay the price fort he service.Until one day they changed the programming whi h didn't satisfy my needs anymore so i tried to cancel,they made it as hard as they could for me to cancel.I woul call and they put me on hold for long periods of time 30 to 50 mins untill i had to put a stop payment on my bank account to cancel them.They make it really easy to sign up for service but when you try to cancel it's the opossite.

Margaret Simpsonville, SC

After 1 day of “new” service and six phone conversations with Dish, I was issued a $483 termination fee! After completing a 2 year Dish contract 2017 agreement signed by my husband. Sunday 3/31/19 I called Customer Service and was provided lower rates. I requested it in writing and agreed to the package price I called customer service Monday 4/1/19 and was told to check “my account” online, but no pricing information was listed. Later that Monday afternoon the tec-service person came to my home with a new box and took back the old ones. His paperwork on his phone called for the wrong box and the contract pricing listed was inaccurate, I refused to sign that page. Tuesday 4/2/19 still no pricing posted to my account. I message Dish online employee FAN, who gave me incorrect information and once again did not provide anything in writing. In fear of high rates and deceptive behavior from Dish, I had to call another number to cancel my account. After 1 day of “new” service and six conversations with Dish, I was issued a $483 termination fee.

Roger Capilos San Francisco, CA

Dish has become a total clown show. I've been with them for 20 years and in my 70's I hate to learn a new system but I'm embarrassed to be their customer. It has been a never ending steam of less channels to watch and more to pay for them. There are fewer HD channels every month and right now they have lost Fox and FS1. Before that it was HBO and the NFL Channel. It never ends with Dish and don't expect to talk to a human if you call up unless you want to pay to add channels. Save yourself a spike in your bloodpressure and look elsewhere.

Rkj Aurora, IL

Been a long time Dish customer but over the last couple of years, things have went way downhill. Connection drops randomly (and it's not because of weather), Joey loses connection to Hopper and have to reset the Hopper, lose of channels due to contract negotiations, the list goes on and on. If you call into customer service, tech support or to cancel your account (in the process of doing just that) plan on being on the phone a good 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. When I ask why the lengthy hold times, they say it's because a lot of angry customers are calling w/either service/connectivity issues or because Dish has dropped their channels (Fox, NBC Sports Chicago, HBO, the list goes on and on). It's absolutely ridiculous. To top it off, they make it extremely hard to cancel and start charging all these extra fees to cancel on top of the cancellation fee.

Dr. Z Peoria, AZ

So I paid $225.00 today and I also asked to have my service cancelled at the end of the billing cycle. The reason?......they cut the local channels, than BBC. My billing cycle will end October 10th. Today is September 22 and they cut my service. An idiot from Oklahoma was really convinced that he can have me to change my mind after offering $480.00 credit to my account if I keep the service. I refused. He got mad (stupid employee), and left me with no service! Remind you I paid the bill to the end of the billing cycle! Their office is not 24/7! So there is no one to talk to.......wow is this a fortune 250 company? I feel sorry for the consumer........

KC Norton, KS

I was a DISH customer for over 10 years. I called on September 8th to notify them that I was moving out of state in a few weeks. They scheduled an appt with me to hook my DISH back up in October. Several hours after I hung up with them, I turned on my television and has lost all my local channels. I called DISH and I was told that because of my upcoming move, they switched me over to local programming in the state I am moving to! I reminded them that I was not moving for two weeks. They said if they had to switch me back to my current local channels, I would be charged ten dollars and the move (and appt) would be canceled! So much for being prepared and trying to notify them in advance. The whole thing was insane. When I do move, I will be discontinuing DISH.

Mark P. Mukwonago, WI

Dish TV was a terrible choice for me. Please beware. Here are my reasons for the one-star rating: 1. The initial package included a Hoppe and a Joey. What I did not know was that you could only watch 2 shows, including the DVR. If you wanted to watch AND record you had to upgrade. To function similar to my DirecTV or Spectrum Service I needed a one-time $150 fee for a SUPER Hopper. 2. One week after I started DISH canceled their FOX Sports contract. NO regional Baseball. While they claim that it is a major cost, after three calls and 2+ hours on the phone, they offered me a reduction of $3.60 per MONTH on my bill. 3. During my numerous conversations complaining about the sports cancellation, the final agent offered to suspend my account until the dispute was resolved. Mind you this took over 3 hours of conversations. 4. When I told them I wanted to cancel, they assessed a $460 cancellation fee. A rival offered to pick up the fee. When I requested a final bill with the fee labeled (required for the buy out) the Dish agent lied and said that the buyout would be in the form of a $5/month credit with my new provider. 5. The cancellation phone call took almost 44 minutes even though, from the outset, I informed them that I was canceling and want to expedite the process. Customer SERVICE by the installation tech was awesome. However, every other aspect of the DISH "experience" left a negative impression. Avoid this unless you relish poor service, uncompromising contracts and deceptive practices.

Jm Montclair, NJ

The stupid sales rep quoted me for a price that I agreed to and when the installation person came he did not have the correct satellite. He then told me his work order was different compared to what the sales person entered into the system. When I called customer service I was transferred multiple times to the same departments and once I actually spoke to someone they would not honor the original price and package that I agreed to and only offered to give me a discount for half of the required contract even though they messed up my quote after confirming it multiple times with the sales rep. They are useless

Nicholas P Cantarella Metter, GA

i've been a Dish Customer for 21 yrs an have experienced multiple inconsistencies. But i think this most recent inconsistency has me longing for my contract to expire in 13 months. i purchased a External Hard Drive from Dish within the last few months, to store Movies an Sports. Basically to free up space on my Hooper Reciever storage capacity. i was in the process of transferring from Hopper storage to External Storage an a error message appeared. i called Dish Advantaged Tech Support an basically was told, i would have to examine each recording on the External Hard Drive Storage to find which recording were corrupt or where the error had accured. This process is not Practical, an to add to this Debacle once a Movie is transferred from Hopper Hard Drive to External Hard Drive, the recording, weather its corrupt or not, is deleted from the Hopper Storage. Dish sells these External Hard Drive Storage accessories for $150.00. Not that i want my money back. i would of thought the research an development personnel would have perfected such an accessory, before they went to market with it. As i may have said earlier, the Technical Experts at Dish say there is nothing they can not assist with in this matter. In other words they are saying you (The Customer) have purchased an accessory from us that may or may not work properly an there is no Technical Support available for this issue. Like i know I said earlier it's time for a new media source in 13 months or sooner.

Brittany morris Poteau, OK

I started my 2 year contact in 2017. my contract should be expired at this time(08/2019). my bill recently doubled so I called to cancel the service and was told my last payment of $92 would be refunded ( the bill was paid 2 days prior to my cancellation ). A couple days after canceling I received an email stating I would be charged an additional $262 so I called dish and they told me it was and early termination fee (so not only was I not getting a refund of $92 I am being charged an additional $262) I attempted to explain to the rep that I should not be under contract but was told that I renewed my contract in December 2018. I asked for dish to provide proof of my consent to renew the contract and they have yet to provide any proof. They said I should have received an email about this change to my account back in December but I have no emails outside of my normal monthly billing statement email. the rep said they would also send me an email copy of the form I signed but they could not see it on their computer so they would have to request it and email it to me. I have waited over a week for that email and still have not received any proof.

ANDREW ROBINSON Saint Paul, MN

I signed a 2 year contract on 7/28/17. The wireless equipment they installed did not work in my house at all. Service techs came to my house at least 6 times over the next 6 weeks trying to make it work - I was without service per my contract with the company for at least six weeks, but continued to be billed for service. Finally, the tech put in a hard wired system that worked ok so long as it wasn't raining. On 7/28/19 I received a bill for service that increased the fee by 40% ($140). At that point, I decided to switch to YouTube TV, which provides an almost identical service for $50/mo, When I called to cancel, I was charged $40 to terminate, $100 for 1 week of service, and was told I'll be charged $60 to send the equipment back for a total of $200. Not only is the monthly cost not even close to competitive, they will screw you when it comes time to end your service. Save yourself the aggravation. Not only is streaming service 70% cheaper, there is no equipment to hassle with, no screws in Denver to raid your checking account willy nilly. Dish has been a nightmare from day 1.

Azvalleycrosser

Warning: - they will SIGNIFICANTLY raise your rate after your first contract is up - they will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce your channel selection if you don’t pay the rate hike (that is, for the channels they didn’t already lose from contract negotiations with channels like Fox sports, NCAA conferences, etc) - if you move somewhere that doesn’t get DISH or if the property owner won’t give permission to install dish, they will charge you for breaking the contract (“your fault for moving somewhere that won’t allow us in”) My advice: just don’t! Get HuluTV or YouTubeTV and cut ALL the cords - theirs, DirectTV, Cox, ALL OF THESE SLEAZY thieves!! (Sling is owned by Dish, so expect the same price gouging and games to screw you over!!!)

K pittelkow Kalamazoo, MI

STAY AWAY!! The sales rep that I spoke with gave me false information from which I made the decision to have dish tv installed. I was told 1: the hopper duo box I would be receiving was one of the best.... FALSE; 2: with the hopper duo, I would be able to watch Netflix, prime video etc without an internet connection...FALSE(I figured that wasn’t true but thought that with new technology, maybe?); 3: 2 year guarantee on monthly price even after placing pause on service for winter months...FALSE! As soon as service is put on pause, your price changes; 4: there is no cost to customer during pause if service...FALSE! A $5/month of pause is charged. The tech that came to install the system informed me that what I was expecting was not possible. I called dish and talked to someone who told me the tech was correct and none of what was promised to me by the salesman could be honored. I told them that they needed to listen to the sales call as it was recorded and honor the deal which I was offered. This person said that they would not do that. This is a very poor business practice as my sales call was recorded and to no fault of mine was just a hoax to get me to subscribe to dish. It is apparent to me that this is the practice of dish as the tech suggested that we review my order before installation to make sure I was getting what I expected...which I wasn’t. Very poor business practice and there was no compromising on the part of the company to keep my business. Very disappointed and would not recommend this service

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

We were not a customer of DISH for very long. The main reason was that any time there was any kind of wind or rain or snow, our programming would go out. I felt like it was hard to get people to come out when there was a problem. We switched from DISH and didn't seem to have the same problems with the other company. Also, after we cancelled our service, they contacted us non-stop, trying to get us to come back.

John M Hubers Orange City, IA

Just a warning if you own a Surface Pro. You will not be able to watch dishanywhere on it. It took me about three weeks worth of calls and chats and emails before I was finally able to get this information from them. They do not support and have no intention of adjusting the software to support a Surface Pro. If you travel a lot and want access to your service I highly recommend that you look elsewhere. Very frustrating.

No Savings

Customer service is not very good, and they do not advise you that by adding an additional reciever, you are adding 24 months to existing contract! Reception is not very good either, but unfortunately, out in the country cable access is limited!

Sonya Pearson Henderson, NV

Can't complain about a thing. I've had them all at one time or another and so far, DISH has answered my needs and calls, I might add. Good supplier to work with.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had Dish in the past and they are very. Comparable to DIrectv and other providers. I just like the ease of Directv better. I am not up to date on Dish and will have to compare again.

Glenn Welt Henderson, NV

6 years taught me MANY things about Dish which lead to termination due to erratic loos of picture & audio for EVERY show I recorded, predictable loss of service during strong winds, rain or heavy overcast weather.

Donna Lee Gallo Albuquerque, NM

Value is poor. Channel plans do not meet our needs and Dish provides little to no choices to the customers. Too many channels that we do not use but have to pay for anyway.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

My family had Dish growing up, and it was a great service. I don't know enough about this market to know what makes one better than another, but it was able to record and fast-forward/rewind.

Matthew Mitchell Martville, NY

Any time I've felt the need to contact Dish, I always received prompt, professional treatment. Any issue I've ever had has been dealt with courtesy. Great company.

Jackson Minneapolis, MN

How bad is Dish? Where to begin... For starters we pay about $60/month for 40mbps internet, which for a while wasn't bad. Occasionally their routers would die so we'd have to order a new one or it would drop service and I'd never get it back until tomorrow, but wasn't unbearable. Then I decided to call their "support" line to get it figured out, and it turned into a half hour long pissing contest because they guy was adamant I don't know what I'm talking about, and sub 10mbps is normal (I work in tech support, so I know better). Ever since then, Dish has been throttling my internet on a daily basis, picking high use hours to run speeds below 1mbps (no joke, youtube wouldn't play at 133p). Dish is an awful company that gouges your money and punishes you severely for lack of submission.

Jessica Penquite Trenton, MI

I have been with dish tv for quite sometime. I just don't understand why I have to fight just to get it to the same price I have been paying and even then I pay more. I think if you are a loyal customer you should pay a little less or even the same when you sign a contract. I was told 88 with tax. Okay so i signed the 2 year agreement. Then he tells me 88.70. This is exactly what happened this last year. I started paying 80. Then it went to 95. There excuse was we were being charged more for local channels. I only stay with dish because I do not want Comcast and direct tv is just as bad as dish. It's not worth the headache I was talking back and forth from 10am until 5pm. That's ridiculous.

Richard Zimmerman

Seems like Dish has no idea what their distributors are saying or doing. I find it almost unbelievable that Dish would have such a lack of communication with someone who is selling their service, and representing their company. I called Dish to confirm my installation, and was told that my installation had not been scheduled. I was told that they "see" my work order, but didn't see an installation that had been scheduled. Dish said the work order would need to be cancelled in order for an installation to be scheduled. Let me repeat that. My SERVICE ORDER WOULD NEED TO BE CANCELLED IN ORDER FOR THE INSTALLATION TO BE SCHEDULED. While talking with the Dish rep, I received a call from the INSTALLATION TECHNICIANS. The installers said they were 25 minutes away. I went back to the Dish rep, who said that she had cancelled my SERCICE ORDER, the same service order that she said was not SCHEDULED FOR SERVICE. She said that the INSTALLATION TECHNICIANS could call to have a NEW INSTALLATION ORDER initiated. (Yes, I know, and I agree with what you are thinking) The INSTALLATION TECHNICIANS arrived, and I received a telephone call from the INSTALLATION DEPARTMENT. I was asked about what type of equipment I was supposed to receive. After retrieving my sales order that I was given when I originally ordered the service, the INSTALLATION DEPARTMENT asked me how much I was supposed to be paying monthly. While on the phone, the INSTALLATION TECHNICIANS had brought in the equipment I had ordered when I originally signed up for Dish tv. It was, in fact, the Hopper 3. When I originally ordered the service, I was told there would be no charge for the Amazon Alexa, but was eventually charged $50.00 + tax for the piece of equipment (which is what you will pay for one if you purchased it on line, the first broken promise). The INSTALLATION DEPARTMENT told me that i would need to pay $99.00 for the HOPPER 3. After explaining that I had already paid $50.00 for the Amazon Alexa, the INSTALLATION DEPARTMENT told me that i didn't qualify for a free HOPPER 3, and that I would have to pay for it, or settle for a lesser piece of equipment. Being confused about all of this, especially since my original SERVICE ORDER specifically called for a HOPPER 3 with Sling, and the Amazon Alexa, and, especially since the SERVICE TECHNICIANS had the HOPPER 3 sitting in front of my tv, ready to install, I began to feel as though this was the SECOND PROMISE BROKEN; another broken promise before the service was even installed. The INSTALLATION TECHNICIANS stated that they could install the equipment, BUT NOT ACTIVATE IT. Now my senses were really starting to pick up a fishy odor. I declined their generosity. For some reason, I saw this "confusion" escalating out of control. Coupled with the fact that I had been intentionally, let's call it what it is, lied to on the phone about two different matters, my brief encounter with the Dish SERVICE TECHNICIANS came to a conclusion. The lesson that I learned is, television (as well as internet and telephone) service providers, are in the business for one thing; TO GET YOUR MONEY. And in their efforts to accomplish their objective, they will tell you whatever you want to hear. Irregardles of telling lies and breaking promises, they will stop at nothing to hook you, reel you in, and filet you into tiny pieces. Our personal time means nothing to this industry; inconveniencing the customer is the norm. They find no embarrassment in humiliating us. They are indeed a true, American nightmare.

Kathleen Norton-Schock

We are long-time (20 year) subscribers to DISH. I had the worst customer experience I have had with any vendor in the early morning hours, this morning. At midnight, I awoke; wanted to turn on Television #2 to watch a program and go back to sleep.I got a screen that said "Press SAT to turn on your TV". Pressing SAT multiple times did nothing. I called your technical service line. I got to a woman with a heavy accent. She had me go through a series of gyrations which only caused my TV 2 to move to static and a black and white screen. She could not understand me when I said that "clearly we have done the wrong thing, and YOU have only made this worse". She did not know what the word "worse" even meant (really????) After my spending 12 minutes CONVINCING her that she needed to get me to someone who would know what they were doing, she finally transferred me to someone who (at least) knew what the word "worse" meant (LOL). But THAT agent also took me through the exact same gyrations (even though I kept repeating that we had done all that before and it didn't work) THEN Wanted me to go down three levels in my home to TV #1 and work with that; I BALKED and stubbornly insisted that the controller for TV #2 could (if she bothered to listen to me) fix this IF she could find the right channel code; That took 13 more minutes, of me insisting, then telling her that we were pretty fed up with DISH at this point and THEN I guided HER to the point where we finally found the right code, making it unnecessary for me to go to TV #1; She never apologized even after I kept pointing out that the only way we found a solution was through MY stubbornness (not her persistence in suggesting the WRONG solution) and This wasted 30 minutes of my time, and made me extremely angry. Really, people? Perhaps better staffing and training is in order here? You charge us an INORDINATE amount of money. I (rightfully) expect better customer service. And, yes, I will be going to my considerable social media following to express this in short Tweets and FB posts. Honestly, we are considering switching if you don't fix your customer service issues. Still angry,

terrell blount

I never had an issue with Dish. Anytime I called they always met my needs. With Comcast all you're met with is stress and headaches! I wish I could return to Dish. ?

Gary Churb Conrad Newark, OH

We switched to Dish because Directv was just getting too expensive . We are huge, HUGE baseball fans, especially our Phillies. Dish didn't offer programming out of Philadelphia.", so we signed up for the MLB Extra Innings package. We live 178 miles NW of Philadelphia. They have had every game so far blacked out. However we had this same service ( MLB Extra Innings ) with Directv, and I got to watch all 162 games last year and the year before. It makes me think one of these programmers doesn't know the MLB blackout rules. I hate that we signed up with Dish or that we are paying for this service and can't watch our Phillies. But not just that, they also have blacked out every Yankees and Mets games, but not Pirates. And not one customer service rep can explain to me why. All I get is referenced to the MLB blackout rules to read for myself.

David North Bridgton, ME

Heading into 6th week of no ABC station. Dish is not listening to its customers who wanted this back weeks ago. Their excuses of Hearst wanting to overcharge in new contract has become old and is now being shown as a lie. They want an unreasonable discounted rate from Hearst. They don't care that MILLIONS of their customers across the markets have no ABC/CBS/NBC &/or FOX STATIONS. Do your homework before picking Dish as your tv provider. They are responsible for 60% of blackout stations that they carry. The team responsible for negotiating contracts should have been terminated weeks ago. If I didn't have a $350 earlier termination fee, I would have termination their service 5 weeks ago. I hope their informing their new customers that there is a Major Network missing from their lineup. Their twitter feed is full of customers complaining about this situation yet they still have not resolved this issue to get the stations back. If your contemplating DISH as your tv provider, go to another provider. Dish does not provide their customers with what THEIR PAYING FOR!

kim Meriden, CT

The first time I contacted Dish through the online chat, I was not notified how to stream msnbc through the msnbc website itself. It took a second contact an hour later with another rep to figure it out. Contacting Dish via twitter (unthinkable until so recently) was so fast, and painless, the way of the future.

Fred Parker Denver, CO

I was with Dish for 18 years. I got my mother into it a couple of years ago. Her service and equipment were terrible. I was calling weekly for a month, all with different problems. She cancelled some promotional movie channels a month before she would have had to start paying. They charged her anyway and then when she did not pay for the movie package, they charged her a late payment penalty. Trying to get this fixed, they readily removed the charge but refused to remove the penalty on a bill that was never owed. A supervisor even hung up on me when I asked her to explain how she owed a penalty for not paying a bill they acknowledged she never owed. I finally got it fixed. I recently tried to upgrade to HD programming and they wanted a credit card. I pay them $170 month for top tier programming and have had it for 18 years w/o a single late payment. Their customer service sucks and their programming is not that good. I now have Direct TV and I am totally satisfied. As soon as my mom's contract is up, she will be coming to Direct also!

Ken Mesa, AZ

The good: Cheap introductory rates, ease of use. Good DVR service.Good picture when not storming. No COX commercials! The Bad: Storms / weather interfere with picture. No bundled Internet service that works well. Poor customer service. Pushy sales people signing you up for "Free" services which then cost an arm and a leg. Prices that increase rapidly and are almost identical with cable.

Julie Kilpatrick Elizabeth, IL

When it rains/snows or whatever....DISH DOES go out....coming back 20+ minutes later...missing endings of stories! Also...$5 raise per year with nothing new added... Advertisement for NEW customers is very cheap compared to what I pay monthly.... new customer come-on price with us longer term patrons paying more each year and getting nothing new...this sucks!

Bill Sanders Forney, TX

I had Dish Net for 11 years. A few months ago Dish sent me a letter informing me that my Receiver was outdated. They also informed me that it would be no cost to me to get a nes receiver supplied by Dish. I call Dish---and they informed me it would cost me 100 dollars for a new receiver after stating in the letter that it would not cost me anything. They lied.

Sam Greenville, SC

I am happy with Dish except for one thing. Every time we get lightning anywhere close by it loses the signal, even if there is no storm at my house. This is pretty frustrating this time of year.

Brian Simion Lewiston, ME

My wife and I are very pleased with Dish Network. The main problem seems to be with communication with their reps when we have (rare problems). Have been with Dish for 12 years now

Emily Holt, MI

The only time I have problems with DISH, is when it rains or snows. I don't have to look outside to check the weather - my TV will 'pixilate' when snow or rain hits the Dish..... I wish they would make some kind of 'cover' that the signals would go through so I don't get the pixelating, and then also the fun blue box that tells me there is a problem Yeah the dish got rained on :( Also have a problem with the pricing - I have the lowest number of channel[s] package and I only watch about 20 of them ...... The only reason I have dish is because my internet provider doesn't package in my area, they contract with DISH

Kenneth Parker Franklin, NC

I have been a dish customer for years and the programing has really gone down and the price up. I pay $90 (rounded) a month and for that I get mostly info-mercials and very few channels with acceptable programing. But they are a cut above the others in offering occasional free movie channels and specials. But if I could find something that actually gave me access to program channels instead of infomercial, I would. I am paying the same for multiple infomercial channels as I am for the few TV channels I get. Dish is making double money from add channels. Charging them for the ad time and me for the channel! What a racket!

Rosa Pace Pierre Part, LA

Cancelled because payment kept increasing each month. Had to ship all of their equipment back to them, at my expense. They even wanted me to get something off the roof to send back to them or pay an exorbitant fee. NOT ON YOUR LIFE, I was not about to try climbing on the roof, at 76 yrs old? At least the customer service rep was understanding and waived the fee. After 3 months of cancelling I was still being billed. Someone had the audacity to reopen my account, but they knew that I had no way to view TV after having sent all of the equipment back to them; but I was expected to pay anyway. Is that crazy or what? No more DISH for me and I definitely would not recommend them to any of my friends or family, not even to my enemy.

Kathleen Carroll Yuma, AZ

I had been a Dish subscriber for the better part of 6 years and earlier this week I canceled my Dish service. Based on conversations with your customer service representatives, I should make clear from the beginning that I researched packages from all of the providers in my area. My new service provides a significantly wider range of programming at a much lower cost than comparable programming packages of all other providers including Dish, both during and after the 12 month introductory period. That said, it was not cost or even range of programming that ultimately resulted in my decision to leave Dish. Rather, it was the long term customer care I received. The genesis of this began last year when I changed my long standing Dish package from some 200 channels to a programming package of less than 100 channels. I made the change via my Dish internet account so no customer service representatives were involved. However, at a time when competition for subscribers is significant, I would have thought that someone from Dish would note that a long time subscriber had made a significant reduction in programming and called to ask why. To date, Dish has shown no interest in the reasons behind that change. My immediate thought was that Dish did not value what its long time subscribers were thinking. Several months later, I reduced my service again by discontinuing two of my three Joeys. I spoke with one of your customer service representatives who was very pleasant and helpful. She made arrangements for the return of the Dish equipment and asked the reason for my change. I explained that, while cost was part of the issue, the main reason was that we had fewer people in our home. She noted that and we concluded the call. Since there was no follow up call from Dish, my belief that Dish did not value what its long time subscribers were thinking was reinforced. Earlier this week, I canceled my Dish service. The first customer service representative I spoke with was pleasant, helpful and then transferred me to a second representative who handled accounts. That's when the contact actively deteriorated. The second customer service representative began the conversation by demanding to know why I didn't call Dish before deciding to cancel my service and effectively chastised me for not giving Dish a chance to see what it could do for me first. Feeling somewhat shocked at her approach, I replied that, as a customer, it was not incumbent on me to ask Dish for inducements to remain a customer. We continued the conversation with your customer service representative never deviating from what I can only describe as attack mode each time I asked for an explanation or provided information. A day or two later, another Dish customer service representative contacted me. The purpose of this much more positive contact was to offer an inducement to return to Dish by reducing my cost of service by $58.00 per month for ten months. During the conversation, I explained that I did not feel Dish valued its long term subscribers and a major part of my decision to cancel service was what I considered Dish's lack of customer value. I did agree that free HD for life was a $10.00 value. Your representative asked if I would reconsider canceling my subscription and I refused stating that I'd already contracted with another provider. Simply put, customers like me are the only reason Dish is in business. Your level of customer service, that is how your representatives interface with your customers, says more about your company than any advertisement, programming package or range of equipment. If Dish truly valued me as a customer, its customer service representatives would never have attacked me or made me feel chastised for not calling Dish before making my decision. More importantly, Dish most certainly would have followed up each time I made a significant change to my programming rather than choosing to wait until I canceled service before offering meaningful inducements to remain with Dish. I should point out that the offer to reduce my monthly bill was relatively meaningless in that I'd already contracted with a new provider which means reducing my Dish cost of service by any amount was impossible. The bottom line here is that customers are being presented with an ever increasing range of ways to watch television which makes for a very competitive environment. With internet streaming evolving at an explosive rate, competition for those customers will become even greater. Dish obviously recognizes the potential of streaming internet hence the Sling app available on Roku and other internet players. However, it's the long term customer care provided by Dish that will ultimately tip the scales in its favor or that of another provider. It is never acceptable to attack or chastise customers for their programming decisions. Dish needs to expand its customer service training programs to ensure that its customer service representatives are courteous and helpful regardless of the reason for the contact. Dish needs to actively contact its customers to offer meaningful inducements to retain subscribers. Temporary free access to premium channels like HBO is not truly a benefit, it's an advertising method designed to sell increased programming. A one time $50.00 reduction in a monthly bill when a friend subscribes to Dish is not a meaningful benefit, it's a temporary reward for using your customers to successfully advertise your service. Offering free HD for life when a customer elects to use autopay is more meaningful but not terribly significant. While the $10.00 per month bill reduction is nice, more often than not the decision to use autopay is based on the ease of ensuring that the bill is always paid on time. That, in itself, is the greater benefit whether you offer a reduction in the cost of service or not. Offering a substantial reduction in cost of service in response to a request for service cancellation is generally too little too late. If a customer has already contracted with another provider which is usually the case, its meaningless. Further, this approach leaves your former customer asking a very vital question: If Dish can do this after I've gone elsewhere, it could have done so earlier, why didn't it? Perhaps offering a temporary 25% or 50% reduction in monthly service costs over a six or 9 month period for those long term customers who always pay their bills on time would be much more meaningful. Finally, nothing is more critical than a real dialog with customers. It's the single most important thing a company can do to remain successful in the long term. When customers, especially long term customers, make substantial changes in service, Dish needs to actively follow up with a phone call rather than a passive internet survey that pops up when a website is accessed. If service is increased, thank your customer, find out what's good about the change and what could be improved. When a long term customer makes a substantial reduction in service, it's vital that Dish understand why. Customer contact on a personal level says you're interested in your customers and inspires their loyalty which is critical when choosing a provider. The information you gain from those contacts lets you know what your customers are thinking so that you can make changes to your service that allows Dish to remain competitive. Thank you for your time and consideration. Please note, this was posted to the Dish Facebook page. Dish claims to have a policy of replying to posts within 7 days of the posting. Well over 30 days have elapsed and I'm still waiting for a reply

ROXANN NACCARATI Glendale, AZ

tried dish and the remote didn't work properly and we had to press the buttons numerous times to go from channel to channel. I complained about it saying that we had to press up to 10 times to change the channel so would press quickly to get through the channels I did not want to see, well in doing this something came on the screen the was gone and when I got my first bill it was over $700. when I called was told that they were ordered with remots, so again told the story and they said I ordered the movies.......who in there right mind would order all those movies within an hour?? so told them to get there equipment out of my house, so was told would be early termination charge. Told them to take me to court as they gave me faulty equipment nd I had the proof from the tec that said was not working properly. never had another word from them!! direct is the way to go

Nancy Brackeen Abilene, TX

We have had Dish for at least 10 yrs and are most pleased with it. I would highly recommend it. In fact, we are thinking of getting internet through them.

Richard Morell FL

I canceled My service, active since 2001 due to the extra charges and customer service expirience. In 2006 I had to cancel my service since signal was not available in mu new address the rep didnt canceled the service and they send me to colections because they charge me gor 2 extra months that i was not aware service was active then I reactivated back the service in 2007 and in 2012 I called to transfer the service to a new address instead tranfering, they activated a new account charging me for cancelation fee and extra monthly services they sent me to colections again they refused to fix their mistake they also did a change on theis signal anf they wanted me to pay for $100 per receiver plus a contract I put all my services with Uverse and I pay the same I was paying with dish but including internet and home phone more chanels and I am not loosing my signal when is rainning