Hawx Pest Control

7.2

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: November 28th, 2023

Hawx Pest Control is a residential and commercial exterminator that has been in service since 2013. The company conducts pest infestation and prevention services across 16 states and offers a free initial inspection on all new cases.

In addition to comprehensive pest coverage and treatment plans, Hawx offers free re-treatments, ensuring that your home is pest free.

Continue reading for more information about this pest control company or jump down to read Hawx Pest Control reviews from real customers.

Video Customer Reviews

Jerry Oberdorf Customer Review Video About Hawx Pest Control

Jerry Oberdorf

Gabrielle Brown Sikp Customer Review Video About Hawx Pest Control

Gabrielle Brown Sikp

Yissel Cabrera Customer Review Video About Hawx Pest Control

Yissel Cabrera

The Good

• Comprehensive Treatment Plan
  • Extensive Pest Control Coverage
  • Rodent, Mosquito, and Termite Control
  • Free Re-treatment
  • Hawx Pest Control Reviews

Comprehensive Treatment Plan

The Hawx Pest Control treatment plan consists of the following steps:

1. Inspection — Your Hawx technician will inspect your property (including foundation, perimeter, yard granules, and eaves) and tailor your plan to your specific needs.
  2. Establish a thorough barrier — Your Hawx technician will establish a barrier around your home to prevent pests from entering your home.
  3. Target nesting areas — Each service will target nesting areas around your home.

If you are pleased with your treatment service, Hawx offers free re-treatments.

Extensive Pest Control Coverage

Following a free inspection of the property, Hawx Pest Control offers a full suite of quarterly service treatments ready to tackle any pest problem:

• Ant control — includes solutions for Argentine ants, fire ants, sugar ants, and carpenter ants
  • Bed bug control — including treatments for adult bed bugs, nymphs, and eggs
  • Cockroach infestation control — specialized treatment for all sorts of roach-related issues, including American cockroaches, German cockroaches, and Oriental cockroaches
  • Spider control — covers a variety of spider species including brown recluse, black widow spiders, hobo spiders, wolf, spiders, and other common household spiders
  • Stinging insects — includes stinging insects of the bee, wasp, yellow jacket, carpenter bee, and hornet varieties
  • Flea and tick control — covers parasites like fleas and ticks

Rodent, Mosquito, and Termite Control

Hawx Pest Control also provides specialized treatments for rodents, mosquitos, and termites:

• Rodent control — Hawx Pest Control will conduct a thorough search of the home’s interior and exterior, identifying potential entry points and signs of rodent infestation. The Hawx technician will then set traps and bait at strategic locations — taking care to set them only in areas not accessible to children and pets. As a recurring service, Hawx Pest Control will continually re-bait and reset traps until the rodent problem is eliminated.
  • Mosquito control — Another recurring treatment, Hawx Pest Control’s mosquito service includes a detailed inspection of high-risk mosquito breeding grounds around the home including standing water areas not actively used by wildlife. The technician will sweep these areas with a fogging machine as well as a rotation of different products to prevent the mosquito population from developing a resistance to these pesticides. Hawx will also provide a knockdown treatment prior to outdoor events to ensure a pleasant outdoor experience.
  • Termite control — Hawx employees are specially trained to identify signs of a termite infestation and termite damage. Hawx Pest Control employs the Advance Termite Bait System to eliminate entire termite colonies from the inside. Additionally, the company injects foam and liquid treatments inside the drywall of your home which leave a residue harmful to termites.

Free Re-treatment

In the event that unwanted pests return between season treatment, Hawx Pest Control will provide re-treatment service, free of charge, to residential and commercial clients.

Hawx Pest Control Reviews

On BestCompany.com, 76 percent of Hawx Pest Control reviews are 4 or 5 stars. Satisfied customers typically highlight the following from their experience with the company:

• Professional and courteous staff
  • Effective treatments
  • Excellent customer service and response times

It is also worth noting that Hawx reviews on BestCompany.com typically all receive a direct response from the company, and there are many video reviews available, which can help you get an even better idea of what it’s like to work with Hawx.

The Bad

• No Attic, Lawn, or Wildlife Service
  • Limited State Coverage
  • Not QualityPro-Certified or GreenPro-Certified

No Attic, Lawn, or Wildfire Service

While Hawx Pest Control does search out insects and pests throughout the home’s interior and exterior, the company does not appear to offer the following additional services:

• Attic and crawl spaces — Leading pest control companies will not only identify structural damage to the home’s interior, but will also provide additional repair and insulation services to prevent future invasions.
  • Lawn and yard service — Top companies in the pest control industry will also treat lawn damage caused by burrowing or nesting insects and rodents.
  • Wildlife removal — In addition to these services, top-rated companies will also offer wildlife removal services that include bat and bird control, possum and raccoon removal, and other wildlife-related issues.

Limited State Coverage

• Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Wisconsin

While a limited national reach is in no way unique to Hawx Pest Control, it can set the company at a disadvantage when potential customers compare it to more well-known, national pest control brands like Orkin and Terminix.

An effective way for companies like Hawx to stand out is through verified Hawx Pest Control reviews from actual customers that can corroborate the claims of great customer service and reliability the company makes on its site and social media pages.

Not QualityPro-Certified or GreenPro-Certified

Although Hawx Pest Control either is or once was a member of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), the company is not listed as a NPMA-approved pest control provider for any of its listed zip codes.

Furthermore, Hawx Pest Control does not appear to be QualityPro-certified or GreenPro-certified. These two certification programs, both sponsored by the NPMA, identify pest control companies as industry leaders in professionalism and the use of environmentally friendly products, respectively.

While the lack of QualityPro and GreenPro certifications is in no way an indictment on Hawx’s professionalism or safety standards, it does require customers to conduct additional vetting of the company to ensure it is avoiding predatory sales tactics, and the irresponsible use of chemical substances potentially harmful to humans and household pets.

The Bottom Line

With nearly a decade of experience under its belt, Hawx Pest Control is one of the more experienced pest control companies in the industry. The company possesses a comprehensive knowledge of most major pest control solutions, and grants customers peace of mind with its complementary re-treatment services.

Hawx Pest Control’s services are limited to common insects and rodents. If customers are seeking help with wildlife, insect damage repair, or lawn treatment, they should look elsewhere.

Additionally, customers should note the lack of industry-recognized certifications before making their decision. For basic pest control needs, the free initial consultation from Hawx Pest Control is worth the time; for everything else, customers should investigate the top pest control companies.

Call our recommended rep over at Hawx Pest Control below.

not_listed_location

Hawx Pest Control Frequently Asked Questions

What should customers know about pricing (e.g., discounts, fees)?

Each service comes with a re-service guarantee that creates peace-of-mind for each customer. The company will come back for free to re-service a property if any pest activity comes back. Pricing is based on the square footage of the home and property that needs treatment. Hawx Pest Control provides discounts for bundling service plans together.

What is the typical process for working with a new customer?

Hawx Pest Control wants to communicate openly with customers about its service program and make sure they understand all the benefits tied to our plans. The company will send out local service professionals on the initial visit to walk through these benefits and provide the customer with additional resources (i.e. like how to access their customer portal).

What education and/or training do Hawx Pest Control employees have?

Hawx prides itself in its training. The company ensures all its techs are licensed, certified, and educated so they can provide the best service. Hawx holds frequent trainings and meetings to individually grow its technicians in knowledge and professionalism to make sure they deliver premium services. Technicians receive compensation increases and bonuses based on continuing education and additional certifications they obtain.

How did Hawx get started doing this type of work?

Hawx started in 2013 in one location. The company has grown to 15 branches across the United States and credits its employee culture for that success and the men and women who work for us. Hawx wanted to get involved in the pest control industry because it provides so much opportunity to work with people, both employees and customers. Ultimately, working with people provides the greatest opportunity to make a meaningful difference. The company prioritizes protecting the places where we all live, work, and play from the dangers and nuisances of pests.

What advice would Hawx give a customer looking to hire a provider?

Look for those companies with an established track record with the resources to deliver on their promises. There are over 22,000 pest control providers in the United States. Many differences exist between service protocols and reputation. You'll want to signup with a provider that knows your area and has been known to follow through.

2.3

Eugene Samuel Montgomery, IL

The majority of service technicians are good, there are some that are exceptional but there are few that spend all their time at your home on their cell phone. They use a wired or wireless connection to their cell phone but their on the cell phone none the less. I expect more personalized service for the $100 I spend for the hour of work. I have had technicians not complete the entire service, skipping over certain items and still write on the service ticket they completed the work. I expect more dedicated service technicians. The ones that are good and exceptional I heard you can request but the seed has been planted.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Eugene, We are so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you've experienced with our company. Please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience to get those taken care of!

Shruti Kohli Schaumburg, IL

Professional and courteous people. Great service. Easy to reschedule and reservice if needed. However, our issue is that the products used in the spray are NOT very effective. After the application, we still see wasps and spiders. We had asked Hawx to spray for wasps and remove any nests from the property. We still have an issue of wasps. So I searched on my own and found 3 small nests outside and sprayed them with a Wasp and Hornnet spray that I got from Home Depot. I am sure we have more nests hidden around the property. Plus, I see shavings on the deck which may be a sign of carpenter bees. I wish Hawx would help with these issues so that I can give them a higher rating.

Renae Union Grove, WI

Here's my feedback. Number one it was not verbally told me up front that if I wanted to cancel my contract I only had three days to do it. I read that in fine print after three days was over so then I felt like I was stuck.The other feedback is everytime that I called to speak to a representative about how many more trips that I had for the pest control, the mosquito control each one of them gave me a different answer and I talked to three different people there at various times over the year, another man had the same story also how they communicate to me was another conflict from the representative the home office 1800 number I would get emails instead of text messages and I said well everytime I had a text message previously she said well that's not here in your chart so there's a lot of miscommunication with customer service.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Renae, We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you’ve experienced with our company. We would like to look into this matter further. We are unable to find your account in our system, so we ask that you please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Paula Albanese Marietta, GA

Service has gone down since signing up with them. And I was not happy with a reply from one of your technicians when I asked him to spray for a carpenter bee that was making a hole near my front door. He replied that he wasn't here to do that service today. I am thinking about going with another service. I have ants that have not been treated, or if they were it didn't work. I'm very disappointed in your service. Spider webs used to be cleaned . Not any more.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

These are definitely not business practices that we follow, and we would like to look into this matter further. We ask that you please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Jun. 29th, 2021

Lisa Maryland Heights, MO

The products they apply work great. The service provided is often lacking. Rescheduling without notice, rescheduling due to scheduling conflicts, technician serviced wrong house and said it was mine completed. Jordan, the most recent technician I had was wonderful, however he shared that a service should take about 20 minutes and that is definitely not how long the other techs in the past have taken. The salesmen that come keep trying to get me to sign up with Hawx and claim I am not in the system, but every time I call for scheduling issues they have no trouble finding me.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Lisa, We are so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you've experienced with our company. Please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience to get those taken care of!

DEJ Mc Kinney, TX

Sometimes they come on days when we notified them not to come, because they will not have access to the inside of the house. They come, nevertheless and charge for full service. We have had to call them back on a number of occasions, because they left fire ant mounds untreated. They are okay if someone is walking along with them pointing areas to spray.

Charlotte DeWitt Charlotte, NC

I became very unsatisfied with the contract terms/promotional terms. I should be able to leave at any point if the pest control service is not working. I was told I would owe additional money if a stopped my mosquito services with Hawx because i had gotten a promotional rate on agreement of 8 complete services. I was outraged. I ended mosquito service with Hawx and continued quarterly pest control purely for the fact that i do not have a replacement company to do the job.

RUSSELL HUNNICUTT Riverdale, GA

it seems like more bugs come when you spray. you only spray outside around the house and the carport area. Before you come to spray we dont see any bugs, but after you leave 3 or 4 days we se bugs crawling again. Do this suppose to happen

Tommy Quinonez Riverside, CA

My one request when signing up for service was that all servicing would be done after 3pm. Several times I've had technicians come by before 3pm and only service the front yard, leaving the backyard with ants/spiders/cob webs. Also, I know weather plays a big part but we'll have spiders/earwigs/ants inside the house.

Troy Rialto, CA

Inconsistencies in service. My comment is simple and to the point, but requires 40 characters to explain. The fact that this Survey is required to cancel my service will most certainly permanently end any future relationship or business with this company. I will note that your costumer service representatives were friendly and professional.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We are very lucky to have employees on our team who strive to provide great service. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Leah Fishers, IN

I had called prior to our quarterly appointment and advised we were having issues with ants so they would be prepared when they got here. The technician did not have the ant gel to treat the ants inside once he got there and I have now had to call and request another appointment.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

These are definitely not business practices that we follow, and we would like to look into this matter further. We are unable to find your account in our system, so we ask that you please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Mark Buchanan Greenwood, IN

Requested service be done the last week of June or first of July for a July 4th event & they ignored my request & came & performed service without me being there! Not happy with fact I had set time for beginning of July to do & it was ignored! Mark Buchanan

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Mark, We are so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you've experienced with our company. Our scheduling system is on an automatic process and sometimes misses those requested days. We would love to speak to you further in regards to your services. Please give our office a call at 855-527-2343.

Michael Gresham Hamilton, OH

The amount of time spent assessing pest problems every visit. Do I really need outside applications in the dead of winter? And after asking technician to treat around window frames where insects get inside of siding to live and lay eggs I've yet to see them actually apply anything to the frames.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Michael, Our winter services are actually the key service of the key. The reason why is because the pests hide in the cracks and crevices of the home. When we come out, we will do a dusting treatment that will get into those holes. When the pests come out for the spring they will get in contact with the product and die off. If you have any other questions or concerns, please give our office a call at 855-527-2343.

Michelle Mahoney Belleville, IL

Constantly have trouble with them servicing while it's raining. I have to ask them to come back, which they seem to not understand. When I question if spraying outside while it's raining is effective, they reply that it isn't. We're seriously considering canceling our service.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Michelle, We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you’ve experienced with our company. We always offer a free reservice if you are still seeing any pests. Please contact our office at 855-527-2343 with any questions or concerns.

Michael T Naish Indianapolis, IN

For the first several years we would have given them 5 stars; however, we have been dealing with spring tails (a bug that comes through our kitchen plumbing pipes). Hawx has been to our room numerous times to treat but the spring tails never go away completely. We have treated the problem ourselves lately and they are gone!

J. Huang Ontario, CA

Not sure if it's not part of the standard visit, but I noticed a lot of cobwebs not knocked down. I could understand not noticing the ones high up, but the ones found by the front door light I thought would have been obvious.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Hello there, We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you’ve experienced with our company. We would love to come back out for a free reservice to get that taken care of for you. Please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Erica Saint Peters, MO

At first I feel like it was going pretty well-really thorough and our any problem got waaaaay better. After the first 9 months to a year though I feel like they come treat super quickly sometimes and don't really look and pay attention to problems

Michelle Pecak Wheaton, IL

I've had some bad experiences but it's such a pain to reach anyone and give feedback I just let it go. I had one guy leave powder ALL OVER my basement when he was dusting the eaves. It was awful. I hate logging into the website - it never works and can't remember my password. Somehow the "HAWX" always takes up the ENTIRE screen.

C.M. Clearfield, UT

Seems like it prevents most pests from getting into our home, but we still get spiders sometimes. We also have plenty of ants, wasps, and other pests crop up a ton in between treatments. I know we can request people to come back out, but it's not always convenient and often takes a while to get someone out to the house.

Joe J Zyirek Sacramento, CA

It seems that the care and attention isn't as good as it once was. They person is usually in and out in less than 5 minutes and when I go and examine the property I see spider webs that were missed. Every day I see more and more spiders, ants and bugs inside and outside my house like the treatment isn't doing anything.

C McClendon Arlington, TX

In the last few years We mainly are concerned about ants,& that still is not taken of accurately. Think the ants are in our grass & of course they somehow get into the house every so often. So I don't know what could be done to deal with the ants in the yard to keep them out of the house.

Luis Gomez Chino, CA

At times it seems your team is more inclined to rush through the scheduled service than doing quality work and taking their time. It is not uncommon for them to be in and out inside of 10 minutes.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Luis, We are so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you've experienced with our company. Please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience to get those taken care of!

Larry Horton Corona, CA

Technicians are always on time as scheduled and service is usually effective. Seems since last service there is an abnormal amount of spider activity an webs, especially in and on patio and furniture.

Laura Morris Indianapolis, IN

I don't always know if they are going to come in and spray and/or if they are going to spray the yard. It was my understanding that our agreement was to do all of it. Many times they are not always completed.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Laura, We are so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you've experienced with our company. Please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience to get those taken care of!

Michael Roth O'fallon, MO

they need to spray under the entire deck at my home, i still have speders, carpenter bees and other insect on and under my deck. they just spray by the house in the deck area.

La Tanya C. Tillman Moreno Valley, CA

because they've been out 3 times and finally after the 3rd call, i see that the trap has been triggered and second gopher sought. Please have the technician and retrieve the sucker.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the review, We strive to provide great service, and we are happy to hear that our team went above and beyond to address the concerns you were seeing around the home. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Melanie Deru Saint Louis, MO

I don't know if the product is all that effective. We still have wasps, we still have ants, we still have carpenter bees. We have asked them to come and cover these issues but they do not seem to be effective.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We are very lucky to have employees on our team who strive to provide great service for our customers. Don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Linda Lewis Austin, TX

Seems that the price keeps going up and their window for visits gets shorter. I finally had to call and tell them to wait for the next visit. I will say there are no cockroaches but we still get lots of spiders and wasps.

Frank Maxson Batavia, IL

We've had a little bit of trouble getting constant performance across somewhat changing personnel. When we had a small indoor ant problem it took a couple of return visits to control the problem

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Frank, We are so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you've experienced with our company. Please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience to get those taken care of!

Amanda Underwood Magnolia, TX

My last few services have been minimal. Specific requests seem to be ignored. But the people are super nice. I am planning to cancel my service as it does not seem worth the money.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the review, Amanda. We look forward to keeping your home pest free!

May. 26th, 2021

Peter Fort Atkinson, WI

I live in Wisconsin and we have a ton of mosquitos in the summertime and this service is above and beyond. There have been a couple of complications with the billing but it has been figured out.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Thank you for the review, Peter. We strive to provide great service, and we are happy to hear that our team went above and beyond to address the concerns you were seeing around the home. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Darlene Waterloo, WI

Customer service is pretty good. I haven’t had much trouble with them. The quality of the service is different every time it is a different person, which is it almost every time.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Darlene, We are so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you've experienced with our company. We always offer free re-services if you are still seeing any pests. Please contact our office at 855-527-2343 with any questions or concerns.

Lynn R Reynold Springboro, OH

I've been fairly happy the last few years but yesterday they sprayed the outside of my windows, leaving a film that will require all of them to now be washed

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We are sorry that we left a film! We will try to be better next time, thanks for leaving a review!

Oct. 19th, 2021

Emily Campbell Grand Prairie, TX

Average experience, nothing phenomenal. Techs don't appear to go above and beyond, but are in and out fairly quickly. They do leave a notice on the front door which is nice.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We strive to provide great service, and we are happy to hear that our technicians went above and beyond to address the concerns you were seeing around the home. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we are able to assist with!

Melody Best Waller, TX

Next time someone calls to have the inside done for Fleas they should let them know they need to be done for a few hours when they make the appointment

Randy Spivey Hockley, TX

There is a new technician every time, it seems to be a very prescribed service and it is difficult to arrange to have someone service the inside of my home.

Claire Waker Austin, TX

In the last year (since COVID) service has seemed to decline, we've seen bugs come back quicker or areas not being treated after multiple specific requests

Mike Janesville, WI

The salesperson did a very good job explaining things but customer service can be spotty sometimes. It needs some consistency. They never seem to answer my phone calls.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Mike, We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you’ve experienced with our company. We will be looking into this matter further.

Kevin Kiernan Rancho Cordova, CA

I'm not sure what services are available vs. being provided when coming out. Areas sprayed, granulated or dewebbed are not consistent.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Kevin, We are so sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you've experienced with our company. Please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience to get those taken care of!

Steve Sandy, UT

They are fine. Don't think they came for last scheduled appointment.sometimes they didn't do backyard and still got charged

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback, Steve. We ask that you please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Pat Anderson Anaheim, CA

I have a very large property, they spend 7min or less to do. I believe it should take a little longer if the job is done right

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback, Pat. We will look into this.

Kim Lancaster, TX

Rush jobs and not being thorough. Problems with ants proper bait not put down and placed where my pets can reach. Tech knew we had dogs

Dan Andrzejewski Saint Peters, MO

We haven't had much issue inside the house, but outside the house the treatments have not been very effective against ants

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Dan, We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you’ve experienced with our company. We always offer a free reservice if you are still seeing any pests. Please give our office a call at 855-527-2343 at your earliest convenience.

Fred Tam Sacramento, CA

IN THE FIRST FEW MONTHS, i always have problems with the billing and payment, e.g. even I mailed the payment, Hawx applied and interest to my account

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We are delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with the services we have provided thus far. We look forward to keeping your home pest free!

Joseph A deLeon Spring, TX

They have been doing my house for 1 year and while pest inside have been minimal outside is a different story. i get ants all year

Carl Brigham City, UT

They come and go in less than 15 minutes. I dont watch them do their work, but i would probably get better service if i did.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback, Carl.

Dallen Adams Eden, UT

I don't know if it really works as well as its being sold. I still get spiders and wasps like crazy even after they spray.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

Dallen, We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you’ve had with our company. We would love to address any questions or concerns that you may have. Please reach out to our office if you would like to speak to a representative!

May. 26th, 2021

Frank Oconomowoc, WI

Highly recommend. They are really good about getting rid of mosquitos though they are a little expensive compared to other places.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate the feedback, Frank.

Vivian Bynum Lawrenceville, GA

There have been no interior treatments all year. Doorways, windows and outer areas were not brushed for spiderwebs

Jul. 14th, 2021

Sandi Curtis Willis, TX

I have to repeat how to do my property EVERYTIME. Techs are all courteous. Most need more training.

Reply from Hawx Pest Control

We appreciate your feedback, Sandi.