In 1928, Julius C. Ehrlich founded Ehrlich Pest Control in Reading, Pennsylvania. What started as a small business now many offices in 20 states across the U.S., including Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington D.C.

#1 Aptive Environmental chevron_right
#2 American Pest chevron_right
#3 Terminix chevron_right
2.9

The Good

• Free Pest Inspection
  • Variety of Services
  • Customer Support

Free Pest Inspection

Ehrlich offers free initial pest inspections to its customers. Inspections can be scheduled online or over the phone. During the inspection, a residential specialist will come to the customer's home and investigate pest concerns and provide treatment options based on findings.

Variety of Services

Ehrlich has many options available to remedy customers’ pest problems, including inspections, fumigation services, and specialist services. Fumigation services include general, commodity, container, silo, and shipping fumigation, as well as heat treatments. Inspections include termite inspections, bed bug dogs, and carpenter bee inspections. Specialist services include bed bug treatments, termite monitoring, bird deterrents and repellents, insect control, bioremediation, vegetation management, and TAP insulation services.

Customer Support

Ehrlich offers many helpful types of customer support to its clients. Ehrlich’s online form lets clients and potential customers request general information or schedule a free inspection. Ehrlich provides a phone number and a live chat feature on its website, which allows customers who have immediate needs or questions to contact the company directly. To further simplify the customer experience, Ehrlich also offers online bill pay.

The Bad

Not Available in All States

Ehrlich currently offers its pest control services in Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington D.C.

The Bottom Line

Ehrlich has more than 90 years of experience in the pest control industry and offers free pest inspections, a variety of specialist and fumigation services, and helpful customer support features. However, customers outside the Ehrlich's service areas will have to look for another pest control solution company.

View Best Pest Control Companies

2.4

Al
August 27th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Worse customer service ever. Tech never showed up for appointment set up with 2 weeks in advance. I called 3 times on the day of appointment because I took half of day off from work. Customer service told me 3 times tech was on his way and he was going to call me to let me know the exact time he was going to show up- never happened. Had to reschedule and then they did not show up for the other appointment neither. Run from this company,

Libby
July 8th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

I’ve been a homeowner for almost 40 years and this is by far the WORST company I’ve ever dealt with re: my home!! They are not responsive, they’re unreliable, and they aren’t honest. We tented our house a few years ago then paid the annual “insurance” (what a joke!) to have them come out to see if we had termites. But they wouldn’t show up, broke appts, didn’t do a thorough investigation when they did show up, and worse of all LIED and said we don’t have termites! Well fast forward, our roof started leaking so badly that we have to get a whole new roof and when the old roof was removed it was infested with termites!!! Wish I could upload photos.

Gerri
May 24th, 2019 Woodsville, NH DETAILS

I have had nothing but issues with this company from day one. They speed read the contract over the phone, they were supposed to email me a copy of the contract never happened. We had a contract for mice removal and the 360 or 365 plan for the house it was two separate contracts for service. Our first appointment was Dec 22 tech was supposed to come check out the house and place the mouse traps, tech comes out, checks out the house BUT has no mouse traps in his truck to place in the house, tells us he will be back after Christmas to place traps. January 8 a different tech comes out to check the mouse traps no appointment scheduled he just shows up at the door, he finds out no mouse traps were set. He sets the mouse traps and makes an appointment with us for January 18 1:00, the tech is a no show, no call, nothing. I wait until January 28 I call the company to complain about the missed appointment, I am informed by customer service we have a scheduled appointment for February 11, so nice of them to schedule this appointment with us. The tech comes out Feb 11 and checks the traps that was the only service rendered at the time. We have not heard from Ehrlich since February. I called them around May 9 to find out when they are coming out to spray the house? We schedule an appointment for May 13, 2019 from 3:00-5:00 pm, once again no show, no call, nothing. I called the company on Tuesday May 14 to relate how disgusted I am with Ehrlich's service. Now I want to cancel the contract for the house, they did the mice service as crappy as it was, my husband caught seven mice with his own traps, Ehrlich traps caught two mice. I cancel my service on the 14th, customer service tells me someone from the local office will call me back about the $176.00 that has been charged to my credit card for the 360 contract. I waited a couple of days no call from the local office, I call the main office and I am upset and disgusted with the run around and lack of communication with this company, there is no local phone # to call and I cannot even find the address for the local office to go to and discuss this situation. Phillip who answered the phone kept giving me the run around about a refund on my credit card and kept insisting that the February 11 appointment was an outside spray. I informed him the Feb 11 appointment was to check the mouse traps we were home talking to the tech. There was never a spray done on that date because the snow was 4 feet deep around the foundation. Today is May 23 Ehrlich has still not contacted me. I have a feeling they are just going to steal my money for services not performed on our house, I called my credit card and I have stopped any future payments to Ehrlich. I have a feeling I am going to have to take them to small claims court if I ever want to see my money. Save your self the time, the aggravation of dealing with Ehrlich.

Joyce
May 9th, 2019 Damascus, PA DETAILS

Pest control services are expensive but excellent. If that were not the case I would get another service. Ehrlich customer outreach is nutty. No bills are sent, paying on-line is a complicated mess, they leave messages but don't call back when I call. NUTTY customer outreach.

KC
April 5th, 2019 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

Hired them for an emergency service to get rid of hornets in the work area at a residence. Construction work had to be shut down because of the problem. They claimed they could get rid of them immediately. They sprayed some poison and it didn't do anything. After they left the hornets would land on the sprayed areas and it didn't bother them. Called the tech back out and this time he claimed he couldn't do anything about the hornets. Same tech - Brian Boone. Charged me $365. And apparently they are using techs which are not licensed by the state. Talked to a few persons on the phone at this company, but no one with any decision making ability will get back to me. Horrible experience all around. Fraudulent business practices.

mary chevalaz
February 12th, 2019 Pittsford, NY DETAILS

Ehrlich does a very good job taking care of pest and wasp problems effectively. My main issue with Ehrlich is their customer service. The customer rep originally gave me the wrong information regarding the package when there was no service packages at all. I was told I would pay for 6 months service and yet was continually charged past 6 months. I have called to try to get to the bottom of this but only to get the run around. Extremely disappointed.

Robert Hare
January 8th, 2019 Denver, NC DETAILS

Coming from a service industry - I believe service matters. I had an issue with some insects and called to have my tech come out. The receptionist said they were due to come out on Saturday or did I need them sooner? I said Saturday was fine. Waited all day Saturday - then called at 3:20 to see if they were coming. Receptionist said I was scheduled and would have technician call me. No call - they never came. It is now Monday evening - they never called or came. I will be looking for another pest control company. I don't believe this is good customer service.

Michelle Wright
November 30th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

I was very pleased with the service of Kevin . He was very informative and very friendly ! Great job very happy with the service he provided.

Allyah
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

wasn't too impressed, left an odor smell that wouldn't get rid of until a few weeks later. never used them again after i called and let them know and they said just open windows and wait another few more days and the smell will go away. not impressed at all.

Carl K
June 27th, 2018 Mercer, PA DETAILS

So far so good , we were having problems with wasps and yellow jackets around our home with some finding there way inside . We called Erich they dispatched a tech and so far the problem has been cured .

Deanna Ingersoll
June 25th, 2018 Frederick, MD DETAILS

Been stood up twice for quarterly scheduled service. Last time, I called and the dispatcher came back on the line and said evidently the tech I was scheduled with didn't work for the company anymore. HUH?!?!? No one called me, no one did anything. I fired Erlich this morning.

Jeff Levin
November 14th, 2017 Freehold, NJ DETAILS

Prompt, courteous service, even in an emergency.