Edge

7.0

The majority of the Edge Pest Control and Mosquito Services reviews (below) reveal that customers are pleased with the company's quick and timely services, professionalism, and customizable service plans. As far as pest control companies go, Edge Pest Control and Mosquito Services is a dependable company and customers generally seem happy with the service.

A bit about the company's services and experience in the industry:

Edge is a pest control company devoted to providing leading services for both residential and commercial customers since 2008. While Edge provides scheduled services every three months, it also offers unlimited free reservices as the need arises between each regularly scheduled appointment. These services are extensive and include spider, mosquito, vole, rat, bed bug, mouse, flea, ant, cockroach, and wasp control.

Edge insists on using high quality products, which allows home and business owners to be on location even during the service. Edge has several locations across the country, including Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and most recently Texas. For customers located near one of these areas, Edge promises same-day care and provides services within 24 hours of a request.

The Good

• Edge Guarantees
  • Same-Day Service
  • Great Customer Service
  • Service Breakdown

Edge Guarantees

Edge Pest Control and Mosquito Services has established a guarantee for customers that includes a complete inspection of your home, a foundation barrier, and a landscape barrier all applied with professional, proven products utilizing iCap technology. Edge products are comparatively safer for adults, children, and even pets.

When clients pay for a service from Edge, they are guaranteed service every three months for pest, flea, and bed bug control and five weeks for mosquito and rodent control. However, in between each servicing session, clients can call and request extra services. These extra services are not only free but unlimited, meaning customers can call as many times as they need in order to resolve their pest issue, even between their scheduled sessions. This is part of Edge's guarantee for year-round protection.

Same-Day Service

Edge Pest Control and Mosquito Services realizes that when homeowners and businesses request pest control, it is often because the need is urgent. According to its website, 90 percent of the company’s customers receive their requested treatment within 24 hours, which makes Edge's services competitively fast.

Great Customer Service

Edge Pest Control and Mosquito Services provides varied ways for its clients and potential clients to contact the company and have their questions answered. On the company’s website, a live chat option enables people to talk immediately with Edge's representatives. Similarly, Edge clearly displays a phone number on the top of the home page that customers can call if they prefer. Finally, for concerns and questions that may not be as urgent, Edge provides an email form that clients can use to inquire about their concerns, sign up for a new service, or request a reservice.

Service Breakdown

One of Edge's strengths is the openness and organization on the website when it comes to each of the company’s services. Part of this openness includes a service breakdown. Under every service, Edge provides several points of information for its clients. First, the site provides the servicing season and schedule with a brief explanation. Second, there is an actual breakdown of the service, describing the steps in each servicing process as well as the why behind each step. This information includes details about meeting with a servicing specialist, completing inspection, using an insect growth regulator (IGR), returning for a power spray, and treating landscape barriers, among other tasks.

The Bad

• Limited Locations
  • Undisclosed Pricing

Limited Locations

Although Edge Pest Control and Mosquito Services boasts local, same-day service, the promise depends completely on your location. Unfortunately, Edge does not cover all of the United States. Potential clients who want to take advantage of Edge’s guarantees and products can only do so if they live in one of the company’s service areas. Edge’s services are limited to areas near the following locations:

• Denver, Colorado
    • Collin County
    • Dallas County
    • Denton County

Undisclosed Pricing

While certain aspects of Edge’s website are clear and transparent, the company does not disclose pricing information on its website. However, this is common throughout the pest control industry. Interested consumers are encouraged to reach out to the company for more information.

The Bottom Line

All Edge service specialists are QualityPro Accredited and the company employs Certified Entomologists. Whether you're trying to get rid of everyday pests such as carpenter ants, spiders, bed bugs, and fleas or dealing with mosquitoes, wasps, and rodents, Edge provides quality pest control (that is safe for humans and pets).

Overall, our team recommends Edge as a great option for homeowners and businesses looking for professional pest control services. Although Edge does not operate across the United States, those who live in one of its service areas can benefit from the company's free reservicings, guarantees, quality pest control and same-day service.

Call our recommended rep over at Edge below.

Kristina N Stillwater, MN

The service was fine. It did seem to decrease the number of spiders in our basement (the reason we signed up for the service). However we ended up having to move with circumstances changing. The company does very little for early cancellation. The cost is 50% of the price of remaining services (in our case 2 services.) Therefore we are paying for an additional service for nothing. Abysmal customer service- I cannot recommend.

Melissa Angiulo Wheaton, IL

The people on the phone are friendly until you have a complaint. Then they're just downright rude and dismissive and it took me forever to reach a conclusion that I'm still not happy with. We've had them come out 4 times now and have only been present to witness the first and the most recent visits. They never give me more than a date for when they're coming (no window of time, no confirmation calls, no contact when they are on their way or when the service is completed; they don't even ring the doorbell when they get there, they just leave a placard on the door). This latest time I happened to be working from home (because of COVID) and watched the tech sit in his van and play on his phone the entire time instead of actually doing anything. He got out of the car for maybe 2 minutes tops with a brush in hand, walked around the house, then got back in the car. Then he sent me the invoice, saying he had sprayed the entire exterior. I immediately called the company and it took several calls over the course of 2 weeks to reach the Regional Manager, all while being told by the Account Manager that I was making this up to get free service and that "it's hard to fake" doing a spray. I just want to get this stupid service cancelled because they're not even taking care of my bug problem, but their cancellation policy includes a fee equal to 50% of the remaining services. I am NOT going to pay hundreds of dollars to have someone NOT do a service. And the best they're going to offer me is $25 off each remaining visit (which doesn't really matter when the service is $130). Now I have to babysit the tech every time he comes out to do a spray that won't even actually get rid of our ants and spiders. Save yourself the headache and steer clear from this place and any other exterminator that wants to lock you into a contract. Just buy a bottle of Orkin instead.

Vince Fagan Chicago, IL

The Edge pest company has a great sales department however, the service department leaves much to be desired. I contracted with the company to get the mice out of my attic. The service people do not go into attics but they never told me that. Sales said that the service would place bait traps outside and that would draw the rodents outside and also kill any rodents already outside with the poison bait. That never was successful. I called and requested to cancel the service in July 2020. N o one ever called back or left a message or contacted me in any way. The next thing I see is that they came out again and said they rebaited the traps and sprayed for bugs. Guess what ? I still have mice in attic and cancelled again 10/9/20. When I called today the lady said we still have to charge and the managers (who were in a meeting) will get back with you to resolve everything. She never agreed to cancel my service. Hmmm ? This is NOT a company that is reputable or trustworthy. I would NEVER use them again.

Heidi Harris Salt Lake City, UT

The first person that came was great. She was friendly and professional. However, the next people who came to check the rat traps didn't even check the trap boxes, they just looked at a few of the regular traps. Each service person who came out gave us a different story, and so we requested an area manager to come out. The area manager told us that we didn't have rats because rats don't dig holes. Well, we caught one, and our neighbor caught 8, so we know that we have them. But he made us feel stupid and that we didn't know what we were talking about. I tried calling customer service, and they told us that the pest control and rat service was guaranteed when we signed up, but a customer service agent later told us that the rat service was only guaranteed for one month and not a year. They aren't all on the same page .

Reply from Edge

Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know about this experience. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please feel free to reach out to us at 866-529-8064 and we would love to help take care of you. Thank you.

Nov. 23rd, 2020

helen seltzer Sandy, UT

After 7 months of payments, complaints. I have bugs.... many bugs. When I complained the customer service person kept to his script and would not let me speak to a supervisor. I paid 400 dollars to terminate early. We agreed that the termination would in fact note my complaints so I could follow up. So if any of you have a 1000 dollars to throw at people who sell to the house and complete none of their promises. We have local companies that are so much better. Will share bills and pictures of bugs on request. Oh and the mice still roam free.

Nov. 10th, 2020

James Wadsworth Orem, UT

The service didn’t work. I still see losts of bugs everywhere. The guy doing the job wasn’t very happy to be there and each time the guy doing the job has been very quick, feels like they don’t even get anything done on my property.

Shante Reeder Ogden, UT

Quick to respond, quick to treat, and great results. We have used them for just over 5 years and don't see ourselves switching any time soon!

Reply from Edge

Thank you for your review! We appreciate that feedback and are so glad to hear that everything is going well with your services. If there is ever anything more we can do for you, please give us a call at 866-529-0864. We are always happy to help!

Fuquana Davis ,

I have service with this company I proceeded with adding a package to my initial service they then took money out of my account before I received the additional service, and before I signed for my additional service. I was told I wouldn’t be charged for any service until after I receive service, but somehow I was charged anyway. After making my first review about this company a guy called me about it he then asked me to write a better review and they’ll refund me half my money 😂😂 I did not write a better review because the guy never sent a single email confirming anything we spoke about which I was expecting but at the same time I wasn’t I felt he was just on bull crap too I knew what would happen they would keep my money and my business and only because my brother is paralyzed I did complain but when I went to reschedule my services today I went off because in the past I was told the $300 they took was a one time fee so today Justin the “corporate manager” proceeds to tell me that the $300 is a “one time fee a month” first off no ONE TIME FEE means you’ll be charged monthly that’s a whole recurring charge I was never informed this nor did I sign an agreement stating this he claimed I did and when I had him send me the agreement it wasn’t even my signature I thought this company gave me a bad taste before I could vomit at this point I’m disgusted I have been lied to several times by this company and at this point I’m waiting for a manager to contact me and I plan to switch to a different company I do not recommend this company to anybody this is only a portion of the situation all I wanted was my services to be rescheduled but lies after lies after lies with Justin today and the other reps in the past just did it for me I can’t with edge pest control anymore AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE

Larry Sorensen Magna, UT

If I could go with zero stars I would have. The salesman that came to our door was nice and friendly but I feel misslead us. The contract was not written up correctly and now we are stuck with a service we aren't happy with. The service to get rid of the gophers was not written up as we wanted and when we called the company they said the salesman only sold the basic service and that the gopher service was an extra $150 dollars. The hidden cost that we were told was in the price was not covered. When our basic service is up that we bought we will not be using edge again.

Lea Anna Miller Loveland, CO

Thanks for your professionalism! On time, and great follow up.

Josh Brudwick Longmont, CO

Very happy with my first service. They arrived during their scheduled time. Luis was very knowledgeable and explained the whole process to me before he started. I look forward to being rid of our spiders and wasps.

Natalie Loyd Kearney, MO

Great experience! Very professional! Kye R, the serviceman, was thorough, kind, and very explanatory. We are glad to be rid of the wasps and spiders that like to hang out around our house!!

Linda Hirt Longmont, CO

Dillon was a great salesman. Personable and humorous too! Luis was friendly and down to earth, safely applying the pest control solution. I'm looking forward to reducing the spiders in my house! Thank you!

eddie psotta Greeley, CO

very prompt, efficient and complete. Great service!

Chris Lynnwood, WA

Matt was very friendly, professional and extremely efficient. He was thorough with explaining the service and setting our expectations. Thank you for prompt and friendly service Matt!!!

Jenn Chicago, IL

My technician was awesome. Very polite, professional, and thorough. We have used other pest services before, but Edge is by far the best. Thank you for taking care of my home.

Cicely Lewis Keenesburg, CO

Outstanding customer service and technicians are always friendly and reliable!

Justina Jerido Denver, CO

Very friendly, prompt and informative. Great service!

Robert Orland Park, IL

The man was on time and answered all my questions did a complete job. What I like is that they guarantee their service 100% and will come out without charge if there is any insect found before the next service date. I would recommend them to anybody that had a problem. The one thing is I forgot to ask for a buisness card but I will when they come back in thirty days

Sue DiMartino Harrisonville, MO

We’ve used Edge close to a year. We live in a rural area, so pests were the norm. Not any more! We see few spiders now which had been an issue for years. The technicians are always knowledgeable, courteous, and professional. I highly recommend.

Alice Saint George, UT

We’ve been with edge a few months and so far, excellent service and no insects bothering us.

Laura Allton Dallas, TX

Experienced, very professional and knowledgeable staff who are, without asking, go the extra mile to ensure we are "pest" free!

Damo Emptage Herriman, UT

Great work. Already busted some rodents! Nak was very helpful and quick.. Cheers

Julie Aurora, CO

I just contracted with Edge this month and my experience has been great. Very professional, technician was knowledgeable and explained all services performed.

mgdkid ,

Just serviced my home. Very professional and courteous.

dan steel Aurora, CO

All around good service. The technician showed up within a few hours of my call. All my questions were answered.

Melanie Davies ,

Great customer service, fast responses, and great services. Travis and Chase were very thorough and took care of all of our pest needs in a very professional manner. I’d recommend Edge Pest to anyone! Thanks! -Melanie & Dave

Ash Marie Morris, IL

They were great and kid/pet safe my home domt even smell.

Jeri Morrill Loveland, CO

They were polite, considerate, professional and thorough. Compared to the last service provider, I’m now paying less and getting more. Great Company!

Cassy Johnson Chicago, IL

So far so good, he was polite and sprayed every inch of my house, inside and out. Now I just need the critters to stay out, thanks again.

Tiffany Beall Woodburn, OR

Always super polite, and very efficient.

Sandrajean Wade Salem, OR

We’ve been having Edge take care of our property for almost 2 years. We have never had anything but great experiences. They are so polite, professional and thorough! Their products work great and do not harm our animals and are safe for our grandkids as well! We’ve moved twice, sold & purchased homes. When we first moved into our new home it was weeks away from our first service. I called because of bugs & spiders in our new home & they sent a kind young gentleman out that day! To make sure we were taken care of. We are very happy & impressed with the level of great service and recommend to our friends & family. Edge goes above & beyond the other companies we’ve used and we will stick with them. Sandra & Mel

Victoria Hammond Kansas City, MO

Very professional, very knowledgeable. I felt he gave my house the individual assessment and attention needed for us specifically

Delroy Payne Kansas City, MO

Dominique did an awesome Job. Very knowledgable about the product and very professional and courteous toward my home.

Dana Harder Kirkland, WA

We bought a house 3 years ago in a heavily wooded area and there were so many spiders everywhere (both my kids got bit the first night we slept in the house). We tried 2 other vendors before Edge to help us get rid of them. And neither could get it under control. When we called Edge - they were able to get out quickly and took care of that initial spider issue. We use them for ongoing maintenance on a QRT'ly basis and have never had another spider issue. They are super communicative and friendly - and what they do works. Would highly recommend them.

Vince V Western Springs, IL

PROs: The technician I spoke with on the phone and a different one that visited my house were professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. They could not identify the specific issue we were having but provided a broad-based application to kill a variety of pests. The technician was clean and very meticulous. CONs: Contracting was a little confusing. I thought I signed online to one agreement but the technician presented one on a tablet when he arrived. I did not take the time to read through the whole thing, so I am not exactly sure what term I am obligated to. They are not cheap, to the contrary, but they appear to do good work and stand behind their service. I do not like the upselling that pretends to be customer service follow-up though.

Kim Dancer Kansas City, MO

Very professional and great customer relations

Nisha Nelson Woods Cross, UT

We found a mouse in our kitchen late on a Friday night. I called Edge, and the rep I spoke with on the phone was incredibly helpful and friendly. He was able to schedule a technician to come out the next day. The Tech, Chase, was also incredibly helpful and friendly. He arrived on time (the appointment was scheduled for the 12pm - 4pm window, and Chase arrived right at 2pm. He also called about 45 minutes in advance to make sure we knew he was coming, and would be home). He inspected both the inside and outside of our house, including a large crawl space under the house, explained everything he was doing, and how the process would work for the remainder of our contract. 10/10 hope to work with Chase again.

Chrisin Loveland, CO

Customer service was great from speaking to the first person through getting the service done. Came out same day and did a great job and I appreciated them explaining everything to me.

Isaiah Reliford Kansas City, MO

My experience with Edge started with a telephone call that turned out to be the best call I made during my multiple months looking to secure an honest and competent pest control service. My initial contact was with Tyler, a sales associate and/or manager with Edge. As a hard to please consumer I was completely disarmed by Tyler's knowledge of the pest control industry. He explained the step by step process beginning with what product they use, what to expect from the service agents assigned to my home and a cost effective program that fit my budget! Trey, my on site professional, exhibited confidence, knowledge and professionalism, all essential characteristics I expect from a person or company providing sensitive service that could potentially harm my family or home. Thank you Tyler and Trey!

judith udchtiz Oak Lawn, IL

Overall happy. People behind the phones.... hmmm. Sometimes kinda rude and insulting especially the last one I talked to!! Most Of the technicians are great. Had one that was ‘training ‘ another. And I was trying to show them the inside areas that needed to be treated and the trainer just kept talking like he was trying to distract me Didn’t appreciate that.

Nancy West Jordan, UT

Our service guy was great and explained everything well.

Debra Klages Rudd South Jordan, UT

They can't get us scheduled correctly. I have asked time and again for them to contact us to be sure we are home so that both the inside and the outside can be serviced. I don't know why this is so difficult.

Lisa ,

This is the best company!! They do such a great job of communicating when they come to do your service!! Montavius was awesome he let me know what was going on on our property as far as activity with the rodent boxes!! I highly recommend Edge to anyone!!!

Matthew Smith Everett, WA

Thus far we’ve had a great experience! The first cleaning/inspection went very smooth and they covered all areas of the home and yard/fence. Great customer service!

Lou De Carolis Denver, CO

The service, as usual was outstanding HOWEVER - please give the technicians a COMPANY PHONE. For 4 years as a customer, when they call using their personal phone, I do not answer since we do not recognize the caller or state ID . As a minimum , program the Techs phone to show the company name.

Miranda Buchanan Kansas City, MO

Great service, great prices that can’t be beat.

Alyssa Colorado Springs, CO

Impressive service- very comprehensive and the tech was so professional and friendly!

D Man Berwyn, IL

The company had kept their word on the price and the reps were very professional in person and over the phone. I'm just hoping the spray works.

Mercedes Gervais, OR

They do a great job every time. Recommend them highly