Doxo

verified
Budgeting and financial management made easy

doxo was founded on the simple idea that it should be easy to pay all your bills through a simple, secure account. Whether on a mobile device, a tablet or a desktop, paying a bill should be simple and efficient. Companies large and small, spanning all types of industries, can join the doxo network to boost customer interaction, drive mobile engagement, get paid faster, and gain more insight into the markets they serve.

The Good

• Financial tools
  • Great security
  • Mobile app

Each personal finance management software finds their own unique niche that appeals to a varying consumer-base. doxo is no different. They have found a new way to provide a different kind of financial service to better serve those looking to get their finances in order or maintain progress. In an attempt to help consumers, doxo has created a program that allows users to pay thousands of billers with just one login without worrying about security issues. Nearly 40,000 companies have been added to the doxo platform base, maximizing compatibility for all of their users. The doxo process is relatively simple and straight-forward. By following a three-step procedure, users can instantly get all of their bills in order and make sure they are never behind on a payment ever again. In order to maximize the usage of the doxo platform, users will need to follow these steps in order to get started:

1. Schedule payments, monitor status, and track bill payment history
  2. Add all applicable bills and accounts to organize payments, documents, account information and varying notes
  3. Finally, link the correct email to find accounts and automatically import and archive account emails

Security is an issue for many when using a personal finance management system. Since these platforms require a level of transparency from the user, sharing personal and financial data can cause concern for those worried about identity theft. Bank-grade security keeps all doxo information safe while their automatic status monitoring keeps it simple. Those concerned with security issues can take solace in the fact that doxo is equipped with the following:

• Data is encrypted and protected by bank-grad security practices and technologies (doxo systems use RSA 2048 encryption with an AES-256 symmetric key).
  • Payments are monitored at every step along the way and if there is ever an issues, users will immediately be notified.
  • A complete history of every payment is tracked in detail in the user's account.

While users can login through compatible desktop computers, doxo also has a mobile app available for download on both Apple and Android devices. Users will still be able to organize accounts, manage all account information, and track payments from anywhere. Users can also search the Doxo directory from any mobile browser to make a payment through their mobile-optimized platform.

The Bad

• Current status not provided
  • No budget tracker
  • No goal setting

Since doxo is focused primarily on providing a service that manages payments and outgoing finances, the status of current funds and finances are left untouched by their platform. That means that users looking for a budgeting or investment tool may be disappointed since doxo does not provide these types of resources or services to their customers. These missing features, which are typically found in personal finance management platforms include:

• Budgeting tracker: there is no feature that allows users to track how much is being spent and then seeing a remaining balance
  • Goal setting tool: unless a user's goal is to set up payments and not worry about them anymore, users will not be able to enjoy this service
  • Investment services: users will also not be able to see their money grow as doxo does not track current investments or opportunities

doxo is available free of charge, but certain personal information must be divulged to the service. As part of this agreement, some information is then used for advertising purposes. That being said, that is a relatively small trade-off for a free service.

The Bottom Line

Consumers who struggle to stay on top of all of their bills and are constantly paying bills late will benefit from the service doxo is providing. The doxo platform allows for complete payment organization. That being said, the service does not offer typical features found in most personal finance management software. Those that use doxo for their personal finance needs can expect the following from the service:

1. Organized payment and seamless billing
  2. Top-of-the-line security
  3. Alerts for when payments need to be made
  4. Mobile compatibility options
  5. Limited budgeting and investment tools

Michael Clarke
May 17th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

Making transactions easier, hassle free.

Brian
May 17th, 2019 Discovery Bay, CA

Great concept they give you a heads your bill will be paid and a confirmation once paid

May 17, 2019

Thanks for your review, Brian! If there’s anything else we can do to improve our service for you, don’t hesitate to let us know - we’re always looking for feedback! -- Adam, doxo Support

Asugz
February 19th, 2019 Bonduel, WI DETAILS

Easy. Quick. Convenient. Dependable. Would recommend.

M, hefner
November 2nd, 2018 Waycross, GA DETAILS

When paying a bill, makes it easy to post a payment, the reminder that my bill is coming up is really good, cause sometimes i forget ... posting a payment threw the app. Very simple and easy,

Nov 09, 2018

Thank you for your message--we love the feedback! We are always working to improve our user's experience--thanks again! doxo Operations

E Starcher
October 29th, 2018 Nitro, WV DETAILS

Very kind and helpful with questions I have regarding my service and or bill.

Nov 09, 2018

Thank you for your message--we love the feedback! Sincerely, doxo Operations

David
October 29th, 2018 Middlebourne, WV DETAILS

Doxo makes bill pay easy. I love that I was able to set up auto pay but also have a max bill amount until I have to manually pay. The only downside was that when I switched bank account it seemed to have kicked out my auto pay which left me behind one month on my bill before I noticed. That may have been my doing though.

Nov 09, 2018

Thank you for the message--we love the feedback! We are always working to improve our user's experience--thank you! doxo Operations

Emaline Metheney
October 25th, 2018 Belington, WV DETAILS

Doxo is pretty awesome. I love that I am able to use it to pay my gas bill. It makes it so convenient and it’s super easy to use. I really like the fact that I can have automatic payments or pay a bill early.

Nov 09, 2018

Thank you for the message--we love the feedback! We are happy you are able to pay your gas bill. We are always working to improve our user's experience--thank you! doxo Operations

Lora
October 23rd, 2018 Weirton, WV DETAILS

Doxo makes it very easy to pay my gas bill on line. Notices come well ahead of time. The website us very easy to navigate.

Elayna Glasure
October 23rd, 2018 Follansbee, WV DETAILS

Easy to pay bills and i love the e-mail alerts

Eric
October 23rd, 2018 Huntington, WV DETAILS

After setting up Doxo, I haven’t had to do anything. I get my bills, receipts, and updates sent to my email. Easy.

Nov 09, 2018

Thank you for the message--we love the feedback! We are always working to improve our user's experience, and make their financial lives as simple as possible. Thank you! doxo Operations

Emmy
October 23rd, 2018 East Stroudsburg, PA DETAILS

It makes it super easy to pay my bill each month. I couldn’t be more pleased about how simple it is. Thank you Doxo!!!

Emily
October 23rd, 2018 Seattle, WA

Doxo is easy to use and intuitive. I appreciate that my utility company uses Doxo because it makes paying my bill simple.

Chantelle
October 22nd, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO

Makes it easier s secure way to pay my bills

Ericka Eddy
October 16th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

My experience with d o EXO has been a great experience for me I have no problems it is simple and easy to use you can pay your bills online you can use the card to purchase items shopping clothes or purchase groceries if you need help there's always a customer service online or offline you can call and get help 24 hours a day I would give this card five stars and would also recommend it to family and friends it also helps to build up your credit you can also have your credit line raised higher provided you pay on time I would definitely give it a thumbs up

Mike
October 12th, 2018 Beckley, WV DETAILS

Doxo is a wonderful platform for paying bills online. I was very hesitant to go to online bill pay but Doxo has made the experience very easy. The online look and setup is clean and very user friendly. If you use a bank account to pay your bills there is no fee. I have recommended and will continue to recommend Doxo to all of my family and friends.

Crystal
October 12th, 2018 Clendenin, WV DETAILS

Very easy way to keep a bill taken care of

Nov 09, 2018

Thank you for the message--we love the feedback! doxo Operations

Candice Carroll
October 12th, 2018 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

I use this to pay two of my bills, if it wasn't for the 3.99 charge I would use it for all my bills..eventually because of this $3.99 charge I will stop using it and find another way to pay pay those 2 bills

Nov 09, 2018

Candice, Thank you for your message--we love the feedback! Fees vary based on what the provider/payment processor is charging us. While we’re actively working with billers to reduce both fees and overall processing times, there are times when we need to pass those fees on to the consumer. You’ll see them in the payment flow (prior to confirming payment) where they’re based on the biller and the type of payment (bank transfer, debit, or credit card). Until we get to a point where we can offer more billers at a $0 fee, I can understand your desire to pay directly. However, if you have a few hard-to-pay billers, or those that don’t accept online payments, the convenience of making these payments from a single account can (for some people) offset those fees. We encourage all our users to pay in whatever method is best for them. Thanks!

Molly
October 12th, 2018 Charleston, WV DETAILS

I am very pleased with DOXO. Paying bills has never been easier and more timely.

Nov 09, 2018

Thanks for your message--we love the feedback! We are always working to improve our user's experience--thanks again! doxo Operations

Sherry Robinson
October 12th, 2018 Riverdale, GA DETAILS

Great reminders, excellent service, payment made easy,

Betty
October 12th, 2018 Hot Springs, AR DETAILS

I use Doxo to pay my credit card bill,very convenient thanks

CMAsh
October 12th, 2018 Lewiston, ID DETAILS

It's convenient, yet not the easiest experience. Some streamlining and a bit more user friendly would be nice. Pages are a bit too "busy", and you're not able to pay anything extra.

Tbaker
October 12th, 2018 Chester, WV DETAILS

I really love using Doxo! I receive alerts when my bill is due and when the payment has been sent. I love the fact that it keeps track of the bills and how you can “file” them away when you have finished paying them.

BrianH
October 8th, 2018 Mukilteo, WA

I’ve used Doxo for my trash and utility bills for the past 6 six years. It’s conveneient to have the bills sent and paid from a single location. The only reason I’m docking a star is because there was one time when my trash service decided to no longer take credit card payments, but it did not sync with Doxo. I was charged twice...once by my bank account and once by the credit card linked to Doxo. Other than that, it’s been pretty smooth.

George Theodore
October 8th, 2018 Bloomington, IN DETAILS

I use Doxo for my paperless bills that I had in the past paid late because I had forgot about them. I am now reminded in advance and for a small fee I save money by never having a late fee applied or worse yet a declining credit score. Thanks Doxo

Janine
October 5th, 2018 DETAILS

I think it’s unfair to charge 3.99 for a person to pay a bill on line or any other way. We have to pay our bill. This is a ripoff

Apr 11, 2019

Hello Janine, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we need to hear from you and others as we work to reduce costs and delivery fees for many of our customers and providers. If available, paying via ACH (bank) method is typically the least expensive. Ultimately, when your provider connects with us electronically, we'll be able to process electronic payments faster, and with a no cost delivery fee! If you have more questions please call our Customer Care Team at 206 319 0097. Joe doxo.com https://support.doxo.com

Brandy Bingham
October 5th, 2018 Smyrna, TN DETAILS

I have been using DOXO for about 2 years, its very easy to use and can be manipulated to your own personal needs! I use it for a few bills and its FANTASTIC!!

BONNIE STEPHENS
October 5th, 2018 Colmesneil, TX DETAILS

I am impressed with the ease and security provided for payments. I would recommend that you post a payment 2 days before the due date as a submission I made 24 hours prior to due date did not get posted in time so I had to pay a late fee. Overall I'm satisfied and would recommend to others

A. Bradford
October 5th, 2018 Huntington, WV

I use Doxo to pay one of my bills and have never had any problems. It’s easy to use and quick to pay bills with. Great program.

Brandi Ellison
October 5th, 2018 Oak Hill, WV DETAILS

Living in a fairly rural area that seems technologically to be in the 80s, Doxo has been such a help paying my bills online.

Bonnie Penick
October 4th, 2018 Greensburg, KY DETAILS

i have used this company for a while and the service is excellent. very prompt.

David C Orr
October 3rd, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Doxo had a great document file cabinet service. Then it discontinued that service without any notice their customers who might want to retrieve some important documents before never ever again having access to them. This is a great example of how to infuriate customers.

Nov 02, 2018

David, We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with doxo--we did convert to a new system that doesn't work the old way, but all of your documents and information have been preserved--please contact doxo support or visit our help desk at https://support.doxo.com We value all our customers and hope we can assist you! Sincerely, doxo Operations https://support.doxo.com [email protected]

Deana
March 28th, 2018 Godfrey, IL DETAILS

I have used DOXO to pay a bill. My payment was credited the same day as my payment. The site is secure, convenient, and provides peace of mind that my payment was credited the same day. My bill is due on my payday so it is important that the payment is credited that same day. I even get reminders in my email about making my payment. That helps when I'm writing out my bills and budget each month.

Kimberly Marcum
February 15th, 2018 Howard, OH DETAILS

It was an easy card to get the report to all 3 credit bureaus

Cita Knox
February 14th, 2018 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

Doxo is convenient and it's better that most, in my eyes. People work longer hours and get off when stores are closed. Doxo creates a path for that reason. Such a huge help. Thanks Doxo.

Betty Achonwa
February 14th, 2018 Irving, TX

So far, I am pleased with this company. The Cons are it takes too long to deliver your payment to the receiver. Also the fees are high. But I will recommend to friends and family.

sneha Ravula
February 13th, 2018 Martinsburg, WV DETAILS

I love Doxo very good customer service and easy ways to make payments for most of the companies very reliable and great service. I love this company and offers paying from last 2years without any issues. Thanks DOXO for making easy and user friendly. Good company with great product and guarantee ontime payments online.

Gigi
February 8th, 2018 Wheeling, WV DETAILS

When I set up my account with my utility company, I was hesitant to sign up to use Doxo and scoured my utility company's site for a way to make a payment directly to/through them. However, the only way to make a payment was using Doxo - so I signed up for it because I had no choice. I have had no issues or qualms whatsoever. Because they charge some rather ouch-worthy fees (in my opinion) for any forms of payment besides linking your bank account, I just linked my bank account and, again, have had no issues. Payments do take a few days to process, but understanding that, I don't wait until the day a bill is due to pay it. I can't speak for other people, but my experience with Doxo has been just fine.

Lisa Miller
February 6th, 2018 Delight, AR DETAILS

Dependable and is always eager to help with any issue that's ever came up. Thanks for your service. L.Miller

Donna
February 6th, 2018 Hampton, VA DETAILS

I use Doxo for good while to pay my utility bills and I love the reminders so that I pay bills on time each month.

Norma Johnson
February 6th, 2018 Huffman, TX

I use Doxo to pay my bills. It is easy and reliable. Thanks for all your help.

Aaron Spitz
February 6th, 2018 Huntington, WV DETAILS

A very simple, user-friendly interface allows for easy maneuvering through the website. Even during the issues we had regarding maintenance and billing, they never failed to provide excellent customer service.

steven Ashworth
December 11th, 2017 Culloden, WV DETAILS

dependable, easy to use. i highly recommend it!

Esperansa tovar
December 11th, 2017 Denver, CO DETAILS

I love Doxo I pay my credit card on time always.Thank you! Doxo

Alison
December 11th, 2017 Huntington, WV

Doxo makes paying bills easy. It links to many of my bills for easy payment. On the few bills that it doesn’t link to, it still stores my information so my account numbers, payment info, etc is st my fingertips.

Amanda
December 11th, 2017 Hinton, WV

I've been using Doxo to pay monthly bills. It's easy fast sign in and quick payment without having to re-enter my information. All my payments have gone through on time and reminders keep me up to date on my bills.

Amanda Lawson
October 24th, 2017 Procious, WV DETAILS

Doxo is a great way to pay bills. I work long hours and also work late so it is impossible for me to go physically pay a bill during business hours. But with Doxo, I can schedule a bill to pay ahead of time. They always let me know how long it will take to process so that I can make sure the bill gets paid on time every time!

Aimee
October 24th, 2017

Since having DOXO I don't have to worry about being late in my gas bill and email notifications are always sent to let me know when my bill is due and when my withdrawal with occur. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

Ange
October 6th, 2017 Clarksburg, WV

I enjoy how I can have all my bills in one place.

Alicia Sears
October 6th, 2017

I had an issue with a bill charge and they were prompt on it to resolve my issue without any hassle.

Ewart
September 29th, 2017 Honolulu, HI

I recently started using Doxo and I can honestly say I am very happy with their service, had to cancel one payment and was surprise to see how quickly doxo refunded every penny. I had another situation with my bank I email doxo customer service **Kathleen** she responded with a solution to my problem very professional, Doxo is a great way to pay your bills Thank you