Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Logo

7.5

Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo charges an interest rate of 4.38 percent

Wells Fargo is a national bank that has been in business for over 160 years. In fact, the company loans more money to small businesses and home buyers than any other bank in the nation.

The Good

• Several loan options
  • Frequent customer communication
  • Mobile app

Several Loan Options

Wells Fargo offers a wide variety of loan options, including fixed rate, adjustable rate, GHA, VA, jumbo, military mortgage, renovation, and new construction loans. In some cases, borrowers may even have the ability to customize their loan.

Frequent Customer Communication

Because the home loan process may be unfamiliar and confusing for some borrowers, Wells Fargo provides its customers with frequent communication and updates throughout the entire process to ensure that they feel secure and up to date.

Mobile App

Wells Fargo provides a mobile app that allows customers to view and manage their home loan from their smartphone or tablet. This app is compatible with iOS and Android devices.

The Bad

• Relatively high interest rates
  • Undisclosed information

Relatively High Interest Rates

As of December 2016, for a borrower with excellent credit purchasing a $250,000 home with a $50,000 down payment and a 30-year fixed rate loan from Wells Fargo, the interest rate comes out to be 4.38 percent, which is one of the highest disclosed rates in the industry.

Undisclosed Information

Wells Fargo has not disclosed fee or closing cost information on its corporate website. Additionally, Wells Fargo's minimum credit score requirement is unclear. This lack of transparency can be frustrating for potential customers.

The Bottom Line

Wells Fargo provides several loan options, frequent customer communication, and a mobile app. However, the company charges relatively high interest rates and has not disclosed closing cost or minimum credit score information on its website.

3.8

Joanna Hester
June 18th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

We have a Wells Fargo home loan on our first home which we turned into a rental property. We have used them for 15 years. I had to contact customer service with questions about our loan and when our mortgage insurance would fall off. They were always very helpful and went above and beyond to answer my questions.

Donna
June 8th, 2018 Tulare, CA DETAILS

They are ok but in 16 years one late payment due to family illness,paid day after grace period.Was charged late fee of$46.00.I called to explain that I do online bill payment adn sent mortgage payment to a utility company in error.I am looking to refinance because this was plain old not nice of Wells Fargo to ding me when I am taking care of a family member with cancer and am very stressed.

Caryn Croes
June 8th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS

They are pretty good and easy enough to work with.

Kristin
June 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have our home loan through Wells Fargo they were able to give us a great rate I would highly recommend them.

Nana Asiata
June 4th, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo is an awesome bank. They're friendly and always welcoming.

Dominic Richard Glass
June 4th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

ease of payment and account access, online app is great

Dorothy
June 4th, 2018 DETAILS

Charged fees that they should not have. Are unwilling to help customers that are having trouble making payments.

Jennifer S.
June 4th, 2018 DETAILS

They had several people following progress on my mortgage; feedback was quick and excellent; the whole process was very smooth with their guidance.

William R Feerick
June 4th, 2018 DETAILS

They have been overall very understanding during a period in my life when I was having difficulties.

H Moore
June 1st, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We've used Wells Fargo for one of our home loans. Easy to work with!

Bella Houtz
May 31st, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

This was our worst experience ever with our many home loans. The customer service was horrible. Wait times were long. Anytime dealing with them over the phone was pure frustration.

Ashley
May 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Wells Fargo has been my bank forever and I will continue to bank with them, because of their service and taking care of me.

Marv1959
May 25th, 2018 Oxford, PA DETAILS

good rates too long to close too many snags

Kenneth Garwood
May 25th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Good service and easy to get the necessary loan

Ariel
May 25th, 2018 Yonkers, NY DETAILS

They haven't let us down yet payments are always on time

Marion Doran
May 25th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Had problem with paper work was to change it and never did

May 25th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Wells Fargo is a very trustworthy bank. They will treat you like a valued customer and are very knowledgeable about different products that would be best for you and your situation.

Sheena
May 18th, 2018 Eureka, MT

Great Advertising for Wells Fargo. Keep up the good work

William Taylor
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

They didn't have the lowest rate, but competative.

Lisa Sitze
May 3rd, 2018 Round Rock, TX DETAILS

My mortgage has been sold to/by Wells Fargo back and forth many times. Because they had my info when they were hacked, my information was compromised. It has made me nervous to do business with them ever since.

Michelle
May 2nd, 2018 Naperville, IL DETAILS

Did the job that needed to done. They were reasonable, but did give us a bit of a hassle over escrow.

Nancy Kreigline
May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I feel like I got a great deal on my mortgage loan. The cutomer service department has always been excellant. I am able to go online at any time & check on any tax payments or balances remaining & I can also print out any forms I may need.

Linda West
May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

They made my refinance very easy and they were helpful in every way

Michael Monk
May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

poor communication skills and very slow to update the changes in rates and policies.

Kenneth Fausel
May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Not very willing to work with you when you have a financial hardship. High interest rates as well.

May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Great service, rates and customer service

Ashley G Galura
May 1st, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

The banking is really secure and user-friendly. Customer service is generally helpful and respectful. They're fast about checking up on fraud and replacing your debit card if necessary. You can make easy transfers, deposits, and withdrawls with mobile banking or at nearby ATMs. With the exception of one negative customer service experience, overall my experience has been really positive.

Adria Moskowitz
April 25th, 2018 DETAILS

They provide information over the phone that they refuse to put in writing so there is no evidence of what they say. They lie a lot. They steal. They make up charges for nothing that shouldn't exist and refuse to refund them.

Hari
April 25th, 2018 DETAILS

No issues so far, did not have adverse experience

Kristine Marshall
April 25th, 2018 DETAILS

Nothing great but nothing bad either I just had the best interest rate at the time

Carrie Feehan
April 25th, 2018 DETAILS

Quick, easy and painless. The representative was a great help with documents needed to get out loan without delay

Donald Wassenaar
April 25th, 2018 DETAILS

Great company to work with Excellend feedback

Joan Ward
April 6th, 2018 Apache Junction, AZ DETAILS

Never had a problem with them. They were very trustworthy.

Linda Elliott
February 26th, 2018 DETAILS

Have always worked with me in times of stress

Myrna Goldsmith
February 21st, 2018 Hoffman Estates, IL DETAILS

I found them effective with customer service

Christopher Roberts
February 21st, 2018 Kingman, AZ DETAILS

They offered me a loan at a decent interest rate.

Tony Bevill
February 21st, 2018 Metter, GA DETAILS

No hassle. Reasonable and affordable rates. Buyer friendly.

George Hassemer
February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

There was no rating scale available on this survey.

Darren Cardwell
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Provide the service I expect and always respectful and courteous and responsive on the phone

Robyn
February 12th, 2018 Middletown, NY DETAILS

They were not the best rate and I moved my whole mortgage away from them for a much better rate