United Wholesale Mortgage

2.0

How is this calculated?

Summary

report_problem

United Wholesale Mortgage does not work directly with consumers.

United Wholesale Mortgage (UWM) funds and services loans for mortgage brokers. Products and services on the company website are intended for mortgage brokers and not necessarily for consumers.

United Wholesale Mortgage (UWM) is a wholesale home loan lender. The company doesn't directly offer mortgages to homebuyers, but instead works with mortgage brokers across the nation to provide borrowers with a superior mortgage product and experience.UWM funds and services loans, but your mortgage broker will handle the rest of the mortgage process, including application and approval.

For mortgage brokers, UWM is committed to simplifying the mortgage process by providing access to in-house executives, underwriters, and closers, who can get borrowers to closing faster than competing wholesale lenders.

Pros

• check_circle Large broker network
  • check_circle Daily updated market data
  • check_circle Free home value estimator
  • check_circle Average closing time of 19 days

Cons

• remove_circle Not a direct lender
  • remove_circle Difficult to connect with customer service

The Bottom Line

UWM is a top wholesale mortgage lender in the country, offering a wide range of loan types and products. This is good news for borrowers, particularly those who may have limited credit access, or who may not be in a position to make a significant down payment. In addition, UWM promises a fast start-to-finish loan process that can get you to closing in 19 days or less, more than half the time it may take to get to closing with other lenders.

Loan Types and Products

• Government loans available — FHA, VA, and USDA
  • Variety of refinance options

UWM offers funding and servicing for the following loan types:

• Conventional Loan
    • Fixed Rate Loan
    • Adjustable Rate Mortgage Loan (ARM)
  • FHA Loan
  • VA Loan
  • USDA Loan
  • Jumbo Loan

UWM offers a variety of specialized conventional home loan options that serve a wide range of borrowers. Some of these products include a low down payment option for first-time homebuyers, high loan balance options, flexible amortization terms options, and more.

It is important to note that some of these options also apply to FHA and VA loan products. However, just because UWM provides a variety of options, that does not guarantee that your broker will offer each loan type/product.

United Wholesale Mortgage Refinance Options

UWM offers a variety of refinance options for its conventional, FHA, and VA loan products.

Conventional Loan Refinance

• HomeReady Refinance — refinance with limited equity
  • RefiNow — for Fannie Mae-backed loans and low-income borrowers
  • Home Possible Refinance — refinance with limited equity

FHA Loan Refinance

• FHA Streamline — refinance your FHA loan with no appraisal or AVM

VA Loan Refinance

• VA IRRRL — Veteran borrowers can refinance and get a lower interest rate on their existing VA loan.

To determine if refinancing is right for you, you should speak with your mortgage broker who will then look at the best refinancing options for your needs.

United Wholesale Mortgage Loan Administration

UWM doesn't work with borrowers directly. Instead, borrowers will work with their lender or broker throughout the mortgage process.

However, borrowers can manage their UWM-serviced loan online through UWM loan servicing. To access your loan information, you will need to enter your loan number, or your last name and last four digits of your social security number (SSN). After you've provided this information you will be directed to UWM servicing, through which you can view your mortgage and make payments. There is even the option to set up automatic payments, if that is preferable.

You should be able to manage your mortgage and make payments directly through your lender, but UWM loan administration is available to you if you'd prefer to deal with your loan directly.

Rates and Fees

UWM doesn't display any rate or fee information on its website. If you want specific rate information, you will likely need to speak with your mortgage broker. That being said, UWM-serviced loans do not have an escrow waiver fee, a fee charged for the additional financing risk a lender is taking in lending to you.

Mortgage brokers can view rates, fees, and other UWM mortgage servicing information after joining the UWM Network by creating an account. The application process is quick and easy, and UWM can have you ready to submit loans in as little as three business days.

Application Process

• Average time to closing — 19 days
  • Online mortgage portal

United Wholesale Mortgage Closing Timeline

UWM states that it can get loans to closing in 19 days or less. This is much faster than the industry average of 40 to 65 days.

United Wholesale Mortgage Online Convenience

Whether or not you can apply for a home loan and submit documents online will depend on your mortgage broker.

UWM does provide tools and technology to brokers in its network to make the loan process easier for borrowers.

Once you've been approved for your UWM, you can access your loan activity and statements, as well as make payments, through UWM's Mortgage Loan Servicing Portal. To access your loan information, you will need to provide your loan number, or your last name and last four digits of your social security number (SSN).

What Customers Are Saying

UWM reviews are currently limited, but the majority of reviews are negative. UWM is not a consumer-facing company, but its loan process and services will likely have a direct impact on your mortgage experience. Common complaints include:

• Poor customer service — unanswered calls, and difficulty in getting to speak with a company representative in the first place
  • Lack of transparency in how your money is used and where it's going
  • High fee amounts
  • Escrow errors

Because reviews are limited, this might not be an accurate representation of the company. However, it can be helpful to keep certain complaints and information in mind when making a mortgage lender decision.

Reviews

Carin Gates

Canal Winchester, OH
We refinanced with United Wholesale Mortgage about about 9 months ago. Since then, we we needed to use our homeowners insurance due to a very large hailstorm that went through the area in May. We immediately contacted our homeowners insurance (USAA) and they explained that the insurance check must be signed by both mortgage and homeowners. We then contacted UWM and we discovered that United Wholesale Mortgage stipulates it will only release $40,000 to do repairs at a time, and the owner is responsible for funding inspections of work at 25% and 75% completion of all of the work. Each inspection costs roughly $300. Our total repairs are estimated at roughly $60,000. We were told during our initial conversation with a UWM rep to supply United Wholesale Mortgage with a letter and estimates explaining why additional funds above $40,000 was needed to be released for immediate funding of these repairs. We supplied United Wholesale Mortgage with estimates for fence paint and repair, a new roof, window repair, and solar panel removal and reinstallation. We crafted and included a letter. We have been denied full funding after being lead to believe that this information would be sufficient. It is difficult to speak with anyone associated with funding denial. Reps do not willingly pass clients along to supervisors. Needless to say, it's August, our work is due to begin and we do not have all the necessary funds. Use this as a cautionary tale to double check with your mortgage company on their policies of funding repairs to your home. We would be less bothered by this if several neighbors have not had similar repairs done recently without the hassel of getting funds released from their mortgage companies.

Mr Patterson

Atlanta, GA
UWH was a win for me. I received an interest rate I would have never imagined. Also, my payment has even dropped lower than the original. My payoff amount has dropped fast because of low interest rate. I've been able to save more money as well.

Laura Van Wingerden

Largo, FL
My daughter bought a home about 2 years ago. I cosigned. (mom) She deferred payment during COVID. November of 2021 UWM gave us a modification. We live in different states. We have signed the paperwork at least 3 times. The last time my daughter came to FL and we signed it together. No it isn't accepted because we signed a copy....that they emailed to us!! We are tired of the run around. After lodging an online complaint we were given an expert to expedite. That was months ago. He has done nothing. People don't answer calls, calls are dropped or transferred and nobody has a clue what they are doing. They told us not to make payments while in the process. We did anyway or we would be in foreclosure. We have contacted the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and filed a complaint. We are considering getting an attorney. Not sure how they stay in business. Horrible experience with no end in sight.

Michael Erickson

Saint Paul, MN
Stay away from this company! Customer service is a joke. There is no way to speak with anyone directly. Each response to a message in their messaging center is from a different person and I feel like I'm starting over each time. As soon as one person says a matter is resolved, another asks for an entirely different set of paperwork. Documents sent to them don't seem to reach the proper departments. After two months I'm still going in circles to remove my late wife's name from our mortgage. I deeply, deeply regret taking a mortgage with UWM. I gave them one star only to be able to click the finish button on this review. No stars.

Christina Holmes

Kalamazoo, MI
Statements are easy to read and understand. Have not had any concerns or issues when dealing with UWM. We refinanced our home with ease.

brenda blatt

South Pasadena, CA
The UWM service is entirely unreliable. I have had many mortgages and never any problem that was not resolved by the lender immediately. At UWM they won't let you speak to or email anyone or department who is causing your issue. The agents are only allowed to "forward" a message to the correct department, and they never respond. Worst service I have ever experienced. Currently praying they sell my mortgage to a reliable lender.

Michael

Phoenix, AZ
I just closed with UWM and was extremely impressed with the mortgage process and with the level of customer service. I called to see if I can pay bi weekly and was in tough with a live person within 30 seconds. Some of the bad reviews I read remind me of my prior mortgage company where it was nearly impossible to speak with a live person. In addition, the website is super user friendly. Some of the bad remarks about the website make me wonder if those people are thinking about their previous mortgage providers. Would highly recommend UWM.

Kelyn Black

Vancouver, WA
They lose your payments if you mail them in. My daughter and I have a mortgage serviced with United Wholesale Mortgage located at Ewing NJ. Ph: 855-753-6201. We opened this is 8/21. My daughter moved to Phoenix and shortly after opened up a local bank account with a local credit union. She got the accounts mixed up in September and November and had 3 returned items not for NSF however, but for an error as the bank account was closed. In December she had her online payment privilege's taken away and was told she needed to mail in certified funds for 1 yr. I called in and spoke with an agent in March after we received a notice that they sent back a partial payment. Turns out they lost one half of the money order sent and we had to send in another half plus the returned money order on a rush to cover that payment for March. NOTE 2nd MAILED IN PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED AND CREDITED. They told us to dispute the online payment reinstatement due to the error and Fannie Freddie's guidelines are that if 3 or more NSF's happen within a certain timeline. So we are trying to get our online payments back on. But in the meantime we are fighting to pay our monthly payments. March we sent in 2 payments. Only 1 of those two received. ( One month payment we are 90 days out to get back) Now in April we have already sent in 2 payments with tracking confirming receipt and its the 25th and they still say they have not received our payment. NOTE: NOW 3 MONTHS MORTGAGE PAYMENTS WE ARE OUT AND WONT GET REFUNDED FOR 90 DAYS). My daughter is 18 and living on her own. This is creating a hardship and cannot keep paying 2 or 3 mortgage payments each month in order to avoid a 30 day late on our credit reports. We need our online payments reinstated and they said they will get to it 5/11/22. Her funds are not being refunded from her bank until 90 days so she is $2700 in the hole and doesn't have money to pay her bills and cant keep this up! We have sent the bank statement showing she had funds to cover the payment so they can reinstate our online payment privilege's. Receipts to show payment made and tracking info was received all 3 times. Yet no one can figure out why they sometimes get it and sometimes don't. No can help when we call, nothing get done in time and when we do get a response they don't help. We just need our online payments reinstated per guidelines and we can avoid a hardship that they are creating. Its important to note that In March I was on vacation when I got the mailed notice regarding the returned partial payment and that the mortgage had not yet been paid. This was on the last day of the month after hours. There was no way to make a payment, online privilege's were taken away for my daughter but I thought if I could go on the account and make my own account I could pay online, but I couldn't. I tried to do an instant money gram and they do not accept those either. Unless its business hours or you can pay online, THERE IS NO WAY TO PAY.

Monica Savard

Gilbert, AZ
Very easy and quick. They took care of everything. Was a great experience

Maria Ch

Cape Coral, FL
Had a mortgage with them last year and dumped them after 2 months. The UWM underwriter was difficult and uptight and was consistently requesting paperwork that was just over the top. I did receive a low APR but, the process experience was pure hell and unpleasant compared to other lenders. Avoid this lender…absolutely do not recommend them.

John Jay Gurcsik

Scottsdale, AZ
I qualify for PMI removal and emailed them on 1/4/22 for next steps to get it removed. They simply never responded. I emailed them once a month for help, paying extra $61/month when I shouldn't need to. It is now the end of April, and they finally contacted me 1 business day after I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. They are still dragging their feet, saying it will take an additional 60 days. This is in breach of federal law. If you file a complaint with the CFPB, United Wholesale Mortgage will respond to you ASAP.

Linda Kelvin

Tarzana, CA
Awful experience with insurance processing! I have sent proof of my insurance coverage 4 times via email and Fax! In addition, My insurance company uploaded proof of my insurance directly on their website. They still keep sending me letters stating that I don’t have coverage, and they have bought other coverage for me. Obviously, it’s three times more expensive than my current one, which they had all along! Now they’re charging me for this coverage through escrow account, although I don’t even have one. The customer service department cannot even connect with their insurance processing. Customer service is useless, all they can do is sent a request, And if it’s not fulfilled, they cannot do anything.

Jesse Frazier

Baton Rouge, LA
Where do I start... I was deployed to Iraq during the year of 2021. While I was deployed, phone calls were very difficult to set up. My Homeowner's insurance had been cancelled without my knowledge and United Wholesale Mortgage's (UWM) blanket insurance was put in place at FIVE times the cost of my previous insurance. Nobody reached out to me via email or tried to do anything past a single phone call to a number that was not reachable due to deployment (which they were well aware I was deployed). When I got back to the states, this is when I found out that I was paying so much for insurance, my monthly mortgage almost doubled. I called UWM, they said it was my insurance company's fault because they never sent the updated policy. I called my insurance company and they said that they had reached out NUMEROUS times to UWM, trying to reinstate my former insurance but they were never able to get ahold of them. They said they sent letters to their address and called. UWM didn't want to take the blame for any of it and I got stuck paying almost $2,000 extra in insurance. A business to business mistake and the customer ends up paying the price for it. I could not believe it was happening. Fast forward to today.... I'm doing my taxes when I needed to log into UWM's website to get my 1099. All of a sudden, my mortgage is in default because the March payment that I had set up through Auto Pay didn't go through. Not because of my bank account, but because auto pay was never set up. I set up auto pay with someone on the phone in February. I called today and the lady on the phone was very unapologetic at the situation, again, stating that this was my fault. They never attempted more than one phone call to reach out to me. They never emailed me and were just going to let my loan default and hit my credit score. I feel that as a business, if a customer who never misses a payment is in default, you should try contacting them multiple times a week. Horrible customer service.

howellikin

San Diego, CA
This is the worst mortgage company I have had. In January of 2021 the escrow department took my money and sent it to the wrong hazard insurance department ($1334). I received a letter from my insurance in March of 2021 saying that my bill has not been paid. I contacted UWM escrow and they sent out another check for $1334. They took so long to send the second check that by the time my insurance received it they had already canceled my policy. I did not even know my policy was canceled until January of 2022. Then I had to set up a new policy in February of 2022. Mind you for over a YEAR no one has notified me that my $1334 has vanished into thin air. Because they sent 2 checks for $1334 it made my escrow account look like it was low and my mortgage increased by $200 for the entire year. If I did not do my own research, my money would have just been lost. I started contacting UWM in February of 2022 about getting my money back. It is the end of March 2022 and I STILL do not have my money back. I called about twice a week for a month and a half. Every time I call they give me a different answer and always try to put the blame on me. On top of that, they have the audacity to send me a letter saying they are going to access me a fee for not having insurance in 2021. They would not even try to remove the fee, they just said unless you can prove you had insurance you are going to get a fee. So, because of their mistake, they want me to pay them more money. WHAT A JOKE!!! I finally have it down to where all they need to do is fax over a copy of the check to my insurance. They were supposed to do this in February of 2022. One month later and my insurance has not received anything from UWM. This is a joke of a company and the absolutely worst customer service. To top it all off, instead of trying to make things right, they sold my mortgage to a different company. Do not ever use this company!!!

Brian Rambo

Pottstown, PA
We used United Wholesale Mortgage when we bought our home in October 2020. They misquoted us on our monthly payment, even after we questioned their numbers. Over one year later, we assume everything is fine and UWM tells us we have to pay $750 more per month because of their mistake. By this time we had already made several life decisions based on the mortgage amount that we had been paying. Needless to say this $750 extra per month was a hardship on our family that had just welcomed a baby boy. We asked UWM to pay a portion of this number because it was their mistake in calculations. They refused, and said it isn't their duty to calculate the correct payment number, they just do that as a service to us. So their service is to do it incorrectly and cause us to pay an unmanageable number at a later date? Remember, we questioned the number initially and they assured us it was correct. My recommendation: NEVER do business with this company. They clearly don't care about their customers.

Customer

Dublin, CA
Have been trying to set up autopay set up on my loan since September of 2021. Have sent numerous messages, spoke to different tech support staff too many times. No one understands the process. Each tech support has a different story on what needs to be done to set up auto pay from 'we just need a bank note saying it's your account', to 'we need a third party authorization mailed through post' to 'wait 15 days after we received it' to 'we never received it' to 'we have everything we need and this should be done today' to 'you now need an auto draft form that we e-mailed to you' to 'oh you can't open auto draft through the secure message and that needs to be mailed to you and you mail it back to us'. I can do that but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a 'We never received it' confirmation a month later. Today is Mar 8, 2021 and I'm just in shocking disbelief that the company is not enabling us to pay on time.

Luke Swierczynski

Troy, MI
I really don't understand peoples frustration with this servicer. In comparison to others their service is top tier. Any issue I've ever encountered is fixed with a phone call in 15 minutes or less. My last servicer I was lucky to speak to someone within 30 minutes of hold music!

Tod Nguyen

Parker, CO
UMW is the worst mortgage company I've ever worked with! I had to call them at least 6 times for the same issue! There is a disconnect between their automated system and the Customer Rep. I don't blame the customer reps because they tend to understand the issue I have, but they can't seem to get their system to correct the issue. I under payed one month because my insurance went up significantly due to a hail damage roof claim, so I was underpaid by less than a hundred dollars. I subsequently sent in enough to cover the shortage. Instead of apply my original payment to that month's payment, they submitted it as additional principle payment, which doesn't apply towards that month payment. This one incident have been carried forward 6 times now, as it's a domino effect forward so the next month payment is paid towards the last month payment since the original was paid as excess principle. 6 times! How dumb can this company be?

Unmasked Unveiled

Key West, FL
This is my 3rd loan with UWM. My last loan was during the Pandemic so in Oct 2021 I went online to see what the options were for payment relief. They had the options for CARE ACT so I took a deferment then another and another till I was ready to get back on track. I agreed to pay 3 or 4 equal payments then a refi or restructure was offer at the end of Aug 2022. The intrest rate was higher than that days intrest rate, I am a 100% disabled Veteran. I called my mortgage broker he worked out a better deal, with UNITED WHOLESALE MORT, we closed and paid off loan in Sept 2022. So now 3rd loan payment started Nov 1st all payments have been made on time. In November UWM reported the 2nd loan over 120 days late to all 3 credit reports. CARE ACT required payment reporting as on time during deferment oh well they are above the law. So 3 months later they have responded 2 times they are not changing anything that they are reporting correct information. I followed the rules and I have ruined credit. Please if u have a choice pick option B. Do it for me yes I'm actually asking u to make a decision based on what they are doing to a complete stranger. John R.

Jodea Shofala

Chicago, IL
This company is the absolute worst entity I have ever done business with. They have cost us a beautiful property in Hoemewood Flossmore Il. The Naperville office should not be allowed to continue practicing business in bad faith anywhere. They initially after acquiring the loan from PNC, missed two closings then ordered a 2nd appraisal that came in 25k less than the original appraisal upon they immediately requested that we sign some document nullifying and void the contract. The loan agent then refused to answer our Realtor or Attorneys call. Of course the seller was not happy about the property be devalued 25k by some hack appraiser hired by UWM. I can on as we as of 12/30/21 are still trying to close. They have has the had the contract in underwriting since September 2021. Each month our financial position becomes stronger, credit scores, debt to equity ratios, and we have no credit card bills, and more than enough in the bank to cover mortgage loans even if we were out of work for a few years. But these "bastards" either because of discrimination or stupidity but undoubtedly a lack of character and moral fiber continue to attempt to find any reason to delay the closing. The seller knows they are full of shit, our Realtor knows, our attorney know everyone is aware that these people should not be in business. Of course I could detail at nauseum the stuff that they are pulling, suffice to say, take your business elsewhere especially if you are a woman or a minority, they are going to make what is supposed to be beautiful experience hell. We are eventually going to close because are credentials are solid. From being employed for the past 10 years even during the pandemic, low debt outside of 6 months in payments to go on the Honda Accord and 20k in suspended student loans, are financials get stronger every month. UWM is aware of this because they have had to rerun the credit and reconfirm income each time they have missed the scheduled close. Now they are attempting to run out the clock on the current loan terms. Well the prime lending rate was not changed by the Fed, so they cant push the rate up by another 1/8 of a point like they have done every month since October 21, and we still were willing to pay....but still they play these crack head games. So to everyone beware,,,these mofo are despicable. Take your business elsewhere. Once we close on the house, its an whole acre, we will see you at the party in 2022 or 2023

Tony Rendon

Cockeysville, MD
Absolutely the worst mortgage company I've ever worked with, and I've worked with a ton over the past 15+ years. Their portal is incomprehensible, there is no one person who will pick up the phone, and hence, no one has any responsibility for a file. They have never ONCE had something as simple as the correct person vested on their Deeds of Trust, for example.

CM

Denver, CO
DON'T WORK WITH THIS MORTGAGE COMPANY!! We just did a refinance on our mortgage that was with UWM. We waiting for 3 weeks after they were paid for them to send our escrow money. The amount was for several thousand dollars and we were never notified that it was being sent. We've been calling for the past two weeks and they claim they cut a check and just threw it in with the regular mail!! No certification or tracking on our escrow money! They won't even stop payment until it's been 30 days and then claim they would start all over again and throw the check in regular mail. Keep away from this company!!!

Ryan Kelly

Wheaton, IL
UWM does offer a solid loan with great customer service experience. My VA Home Loan was transferred after only 9 months!!! to one of the worst in the mortgage industry, NewRez, aka Penn Financial. I understand transferring loans is a common practice as UWM will state in their response. We will see how this does work. Since Mat and UWM rely on refinancing of loans as with the rest of the mortgage industry; VA Home Loans are easily refinanced; should hold onto them.

James Graves

It's a good experience. I like to pay my mortgage bi-weekly. They made it very easy and simple to do this. Other mortgage companies either make it difficult or won't allow it.

Lee

Devon, PA
I'm a mortgage customer who recently refinanced. The ease of the website and straightforward customer service on the phone is a step up from my previous mortgage company. So far so good.

Robert B

Brigham City, UT
No major problems. I really like their website. The downside is they have sold my mortgage to other companies twice.

Frank Azevedo

Little River, SC
What a joke!! are credit scores 811 in the U.S. 837 in Canada they said they did not like that it was better in Canada( WHAT) and did not let my mortgage guy know he had to call them over and over.Me and my wife( nationality is USA) and pay U.S. taxes for 53 years she did not care what a suckjob

UWM

Anaheim, CA
I had a very positive experience in my dealings with UWM. The individual you work with makes all the difference ! Thank you.

David

Glendale, CA
Due to refay I paid property tax twice in Nov 2020 and Jan 2021. On Feb 26, 2021 la office of treasurer and tax collector refunded to Loan Administration (UWM) full amount. Today is May 6 and I'm still fighting with UWM to get my money back. They claiming that got from LA office only partial refund, I have number of the check , date and amount 10x more, but even after this I can't get my money back from this company. Even having full info of the refund check from LA treasurer office to UWM, it's more than 3 months I have the answer from UWM - we don't have that check. They don't provide me any phone or email of Load Administration - their vendor - and the only option that I have to call UWM and talk with their customer service. This is the biggest scam. Never go with UWM. These guys are scammers. Even having all details in my hand from la office of treasurer and tax collector to UWM, I can't force them to refund me that amount. (more than 3 months) - Going to sue this company,

Paul R

Mission Viejo, CA
Whoever wrote this review from bestcompany.com must’ve been high as a kite! The customer service at UWM is AAAAWWWWWWFFFFUUUULLLLLL!! The representatives are nice people, but when it comes to what actual help they’re able to provide they’re as useless as tastebuds in an arm pit! I refinanced my loan with another lender. Know how long it takes to get your escrow balance check after your loan is paid in full? Well as 4/24, it has been 25 business days and no check. Call them up to ask what has happened and they want ANOTHER TWO WEEKS to process a stop payment and reissue. I told them their processing times are STUCK IN 1985!! Avoid this company at all cost! Go to loanDepot!

Matthew Litwin

San Francisco, CA
UGLY. First off, all management of your loan will almost certainly be moved to some other administrator that has a terrible site and no features for Quicken, FileThis, Mint, or any other financial service. It's the dark ages. When I call and ask about this, why this happened, and if this can be fixed the customer service person was totally indignant about this like I was asking for the moon just because of the lousy cut-rate method they chose to have loan management handled in different states. I was astounded by her rudeness. Worst of all the statements themselves don't seem to make sense with strangely made deductions and then remittance as if they make clerical errors and then catch them later. You had better keep a sharp eye on these people. They are total amateurs who give -10,000 effs about there borrowers.

Mona

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. If I could give zero stars I would. This is the WORST mortgage servicing company I have ever experienced. I recently refinanced my mortgage and the broker used UWM and it has been a NIGHTMARE ever since. No one answers the phone for customer service, they deliberately make it virtually impossible to do bi-monthly payments; they ONLY take fax (completely outdated mode that NO ONE uses0; they NEVER call you back when you try to escalate to a manager; I have NEVER received a call back from a manager, despite multiple calls promising such. I have an impound account that they can't seem to figure out how to pay. They are TRULY the most INCOMPETENT servicing agency EVER. I am in the process of filing complaints with the BBB, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and possibly other agencies to ensure they know this company is likely causing financial harm to it's clients.

Michael Roumaya

Katy, TX
I am applying for a mortgage to finance my house. UWM uses AMC Appraisal company to appraise the property. The appraisal reflected the old owner name on the report. The UWM underwriter team rejected the appraisal report. It has been over 18 days and they have not resolved this issue. The broker that has my application cannot get any definitive date from them and i am going in a circle. UWM does not have customer service line for their "Underwriting" team. I am being held by these un-professional, No customer service organizations....all three (UMW, Their underwriter and AMC appraisal, llc.

Cure Clinical Laboratories

Mountain View, CA
UNITED WHOLESALE MORTGAGE MUST BE INVESTIGATED !!!!!! THEY CHARGE OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNTS FOR POINTS. THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE DESPERATE TO OWN HOMES. I ONLY HAVE A COUPLE OF DAYS TO LOCK MY RATE AND WAS JUST TOLD THAT THERE IS NO OPTION FOR ME TO GET A LOAN WITH NO POINTS...... THEN, THEY TOLD ME TO PAY AN OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT (YOU CAN BUY A CAR WITH THE AMOUNT THEY ARE CHARGING YOU FOR POINTS !!!!!!) IN ORDER TO GET A LOAN WITH THEM !!!!!!!! ALL OF US WHO HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZED BY UNITED WHOLESALE MORTGAGE MUST FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ........ UWM CANNOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE LIKE THIS !!!!!!! WE MUST URGE A THOROUGH REVIEW AND INVESTIGATION OF THIS COMPANY IMMEDIATELY BEFORE MORE PEOPLE ARE VICTIMIZED BY UWM.

Former customer

Toronto, ON
I had original financing through UWM, but they sold my loan mid-year. The following year, I never got a 1098 via U.S. mail. I signed in to their site but could not retrieve the 1098. Reason: my loan was sold last year. That should not matter, since I paid interest last year and therefore I still need my 1098 from last year to do my taxes. I called but they refused to send a copy of the 1098. I was told to send an email with my name and loan number. I sent the email. They replied 10 days later saying I had not authenticated and asked for more personal information. All they had to do was send a copy of the 1098 to the address of record but they would not. So I sent them more personal information via email, against my better judgement. Now I wait for my 1098.

Rob Ludlow

Lehi, UT
Great rates...but PRAY you don't need customer service. You'll be met by a poor website, dropped calls, blind transfers, dropped chat sessions... REALLY tough to service your account if you run into any issues (EVEN if you pay 100% on time!)

John C

Concord, CA
Incompetent mortgage brokers, company kept changing their requirements in the middle of the process. Nobody ever said no, I just gave up after being jerked around for months. Not writing up the entire saga, it was a nightmare. In leaving a review I found terrible reviews by people who got loans, then had loan servicing from hell. See their Facebook page.

Bobbie VanZile

Lawton, MI
If I could give them a zero star I would. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! They have my November payment “suspended” which basically means they have had our money but won’t apply it to the loan. It’s been 30 days and 18 of which we have called daily to get it applied. Why?!?! You have the money. Can’t wait to refinance and get rid of them. BUYER BEWARE!

Rooster

Grand Prairie, TX
UWM is the worst lender on the market. The uwm.loanadministration website is trash and the customer service is horrible. Long story but for the past 5 months I literally have to fight to pay my mortgage, they make the process so difficult and won’t claim responsibility for anything. I now have resorted to sending a certified check every month because that’s the only way this incompetent company can’t mess up taking my money.

JT Blair

Woodland Park, CO
United Wholesale Mortgage is the epitome of Efficiency and Customer Service. They have no equal in the Home Loan business.

Leslie Bridges

Sherrills Ford, NC
WARNING!!! This company is incompetent. Please do your research before doing business with United Wholesale Mortgage. If you already have a loan with them get out because, if you have a problem there is basically no customer service read reviews! Fast growing big Corp . GOOGLE AND READ seems in recent fast wealth for UWM they’ve forgotten about their customers

CDell

San Luis Obispo, CA
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They mismanaged my escrow and caused my insurance to be cancelled! I don't know what they did with the money. They refuse to answer my emails and when I call they transfer me and "disconnect". I don't know how a company can continue to do business like this in this country without consequences.

ShellaMarie Angeles

Rialto, CA
Trying to close refinance loan, had to sign closing disclosures multiple times, all with lower rate than previous loan but 3 days before closing had to sign another closing disclosures with higher rate and $5,000 cash to close from borrower. Underwriter being difficult causing delay. I end up backing out. Extremely bad company.

Carey Donaldson

Spokane, WA
Horrible company to work with. My mortgage was pulled twice in one month and I called to get a refund. It has taken countless hours of being on the phone, inconsistent answers, zero follow through, errors throughout, cover ups and excuses. It has been 12 days and I still am having to deal with this company! DO NOT USE THEM!

Andrea Jones

Grand Rapids, MI
Jacked up my escrow and refused to fix it Promised follow up by multiple people that never happened. Recently re financed with them and to say that I truly regret it is an understatement. Run away and avoid at all cost

KARAMA RASHEED

West Covina, CA
Trying to close a loan with this mortgage company. The underwriters are difficult to work with and very adamant on items required no middle grounds. Extremely bad customer service too

Jacob Kiesel

Salt Lake City, UT
Good service, excellent loan offerings. Highly recommended for those with good credit.

Terence A Weber

Las Vegas, NV
Good customer service and good customer support