NBKC Bank Logo

NBKC Bank

LAST UPDATED: September 1st, 2021

NBKC Bank (National Bank of Kansas City) is a full-service, FDIC-insured bank and an approved Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lender in all 50 U.S. states. The company consistently and significantly cuts closing costs for customers through its high volume of mortgage loans, low overhead costs, centralized operations, and advanced technology. NBKC Bank is a good choice for those who have good to excellent credit, but the company does offer loan products designed to meet the needs of low-credit borrowers (FHA and VA loans).

Along with more than 20 years of mortgage lending experience, NBKC Bank offers borrowers online lending nationwide, an easy and efficient online application process, educational resources including 17 financial calculators, customized loan options, and excellent customer service reported by reviewers.

Customer Review: Hank Speakman from Corpus Christi, Texas

"We recently refinanced through NBKC. We've had a number of mortgage transactions over the years but this was the best by far. Mark Q and the NBKC team were great to work with and always kept us informed on the status of the loan. Great rates, easy, friendly, and no surprises — what more could we ask for!"

NBKC currently has the best customer service score among all reviewed mortgage lenders with an average overall score of 4.9 out of 5 stars from customers.

Jump down to read NBKC Bank reviews from real customers.

NBKC Mortgage Loan Types and Products

To meet the needs of a wider range of borrowers, NBKC Bank offers the following loan types and products:

• Fixed-rate mortgage
  • Adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM)
  • FHA loan
  • VA loan

It is worth noting that NBKC provides FHA loan and VA loan options, both of which are government-backed home loans, allowing eligible consumers to save on their down payment and other fees. Other online lenders don't provide government-backed loans, which can be limiting for some borrowers.

NBKC’s overall loan type options are limited. Many mortgage lenders offer even more options, such as USDA loans or jumbo loans. Thus, if you would like even more flexibility in your mortgage decision, it might be worth looking into other lenders that offer even more loan options.

NBKC Mortgage Refinance Options

In addition to home purchasing options, NBKC Bank offers conventional, FHA, and cash out refinance products and services:

• Mortgage Refinance
  • FHA Refinance
  • FHA Streamline Refinance

With NBKC home loan refinancing you can:

• Lower your monthly payment
  • Take cash out on your home equity to pay off debt or other expenses
  • Access additional cash
  • Change your loan type from an adjustable rate to a fixed rate

To determine whether refinancing is right for you, NBKC provides a form which can populate your estimated savings if you were to refinance. In addition, you can call and speak with a company representative to see what options are available to you and if they are the best fit.

NBKC Mortgage Rates and Fees

NBKC Bank offers competitive rates and fees that may be lower than you might see with other mortgage lenders.

To check your mortgage rate, you can use the NBKC rate calculator to enter specific information, such as your home value or preferred loan term, to receive a rate estimate. You won’t be required to enter any personal or contact information. It is unique that NBKC doesn’t require any contact information to view estimated rates, as doing so seems to be a standard practice within the mortgage lending industry.

Remember, the rate you will receive is an estimate and will likely change if you choose to fund your home purchase with an NBKC mortgage.

While the advertised lowest rate may be appealing, it is important to remember that the interest rate you will receive on your home loan is dependent on various financial factors, including your credit score and debt-to-income ratio (DTI).

NBKC’s fees will likely be similar to what you would see with other lenders, but if you have a Costco membership you have the option to make some significant savings on your lender fees, including your loan origination fee, which is typically 0.5 to 1 percent of your total loan amount.

Highlight: Lower your fees with a Costco membership.

In partnership with the Costco Mortgage Program, borrowers with a Costco membership (Executive Membership, Gold Star Membership, or Business Membership status) can receive discounts on NBKC Bank fees, including the origination fee.

NBKC Approval Process

NBKC offers a simple four-step application process for mortgage loans:

• Application — You can fill out the long or short loan application depending on how detailed you want to be.
  • Document delivery — Mortgage loan documents are delivered to you, then signed and returned to NBKC.
  • Appraisal and title work — An appraisal is ordered and the bank works with you or your agent to ensure that title work is ordered.
  • Closing — After documentation is received, an NBKC rep walks you through the final details and you close at a local title company or attorney's office.

NBKC Closing Timeline

While NBKC Bank doesn’t offer an exact closing date timeline, it does provide a $5,000 Close-on-Time Guarantee.

To qualify for this closing guarantee, your loan must be approved and funded, and your closing date must be scheduled 30+ days from when NBKC received and signed your contract. Beyond that, the pressure is on the company to close within the specified timeframe. If NBKC doesn’t close on time, it will pay you and the seller $2,500 each.

NBKC Online Convenience

The application process is entirely online, making it more convenient for borrowers. But, if you would like to speak with an NBKC Bank representative or loan officer, you can do so by visiting any of the branch locations in Kansas or Missouri — NBKC only has offices in these two states.

Customer Review: Jennifer McMahon from Smyrna, Georgia

"I had a great experience with NBKC. The application process was so easy and the electronic signatures I was able to do made things quick and easy. I thought refinancing would be difficult but it took so little time and effort, and the service I received was great!"

What Customers Are Saying

NBKC is ranked as a top mortgage lender because it strives to always put its customers first. Nearly 95 percent of NBKC mortgage reviews are five-star. These are the top elements that make NBKC stand out from the competition:

• Fast and responsive loan process
  • Transparent and frequent communication
  • Low interest rates
  • No surprise lender fees
  • User-friendly technology
  • Professional and reliable loan officers

Customer Review: Kara Conrad from Kirkland, Washington

"Rhett did a great job explaining things, one of our biggest concerns and not going with other companies was the pushy nature and 'used car salesman' feel we got. We explained out situation and instead of feeling like it was pushy it was more informative and giving us the option to decide what worked best for us which we truly appreciated. I will definitely be giving this recommendation out to other friends."

NBKC Bank complaints are extremely limited and 94 percent of NBKC's customers agree that they would recommend NBKC to a friend. Thus, it’s a company that should be high on your list of consideration for a home loan.

The Bottom Line

NBKC Bank provides several types of mortgages nationwide and utilizes a streamlined online application process for each mortgage program. Plus, origination, processing, underwriting, closing, and funding are all done on-site. The Costco member discounts are a perk.

Most significant, though, is the customer satisfaction evidenced by the NBKC mortgage reviews below. Overall, most customers speak highly of the company's loan officers and other representatives' attention to detail and customer care throughout the homebuying process, confirming the company's excellent customer service.

Users give NBKC an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars in all of our sentiment criteria:

• Value for your money
  • Quality of product or service
  • Customer service
  • Company trustworthiness

If you're nervous about the prospect of purchasing a home loan online, know that NBKC Bank is equipped to provide you with a positive experience. From the efficiency of the application process to the personal service of its loan officers, this lender gets online mortgage lending right.

Call our recommended rep over at NBKC Bank below.

4.9

LaRonn Harris Houston, TX

My NBKC was an excellent experience. My lender Jeff Y was knowledgeable, empathetic, understanding, and make me feel like family. I felt like he wanted to help me not just to meet a qouta but help me because he cared. He was amazing and I will refer Jeff Y and NBKC BANK to anyone that I know that is in the market for purchasing a property. Stellar customer service and support.

AKMarvalous Wasilla, AK

No hassle refinancing with competitive rates and low lender fees. We were able to provide all documentation online which was super easy and convenient. Our lender/originator answered all our questions in a reasonable amount of time and with extreme friendliness. The closing was handled wonderfully. I highly recommend NBKC and will gladly use them again.

Shawn Marjanian Hammond, IN

Matthew J worked diligently to ensure I got the best rate for my mortgage. He also kept me informed and was great to work with. I have referred NBKC and Matthew to my clients. Terrific Experience.

Michael Leslie Flint, MI

Our loan originator officer is Brad. He has been very easy to work with and is always available when we need him. The customer service with this company is great! Our realtor was even impressed.

Richard N Minneapolis, MN

NBKC bank is great. Their employees are exceptional. I had the opportunity to work with Matt to refinance my home. The refinance process was awesome. I'm so happy I worked with NBKC bank because I got the best deal and closed on time. Thank you Matt.

Howard Wilkinson Chatsworth, CA

We accidentally stumbled across NBKC on the Costco website while searching for something else. I had no idea that Costco even had a mortgage program! Coincidentally, we had just started a refinance process for our home and were already quoting 4 other mortgage companies. Knowing that Costco always has great pricing and has developed excellent business affiliate programs with other industries, I clicked on the "mortgage" link, and up came NBKC Bank! After a quick scan of their clear, very straightforward and easy to navigate website, we added NBKC to our list of refi companies and completed their on-line application. Within no time, they became the front runner for our business, based on their excellent interest rates, low closing costs and responsiveness to our refinancing needs. We quickly finished their on-line process with e-document signing, and NBKC is now our new mortgage bank. However, and by far, the best part of doing business with NBKC was Jay R, our loan officer! Jay is a mortgage expert with an extensive knowledge base. He was easy going, honest, down to earth, and has great communication skills, always making himself available by phone or email to quickly answer questions or deal with issues. Due to our retired status and "limited" income, other lenders found out loan to be complicated. But Jay's detailed understanding of financial matters and loan formulas made qualifying logical and easy. Over the past 25 years, we had suffered through 5 refi's with other lenders, but Jay made this time a painless experience. We're very happy and lucky that the NBKC on-line process assigned Jay to be our loan officer. We definitely look forward to working with him for any future mortgage loan needs and have already referenced him and NBKC to our relatives and friends.

Avie Duong Gainesville, VA

We saw NBKC Bank on a Costco Mortgage Program. We decided to go with NBKC Bank because of their competitive low rate with the highest customers rating. We were pleased to be working with Jordan S as our Loan Officer. We must admit that at the time, we were shopping and comparing rates with another Mortgage Company. But with Jordan's experience, professionalism, patience, honesty and his no-game-playing attitude, we chose to go with NBKC Bank without any hesitation. Through our Rifi process, he was always there to answer no matter how trivial some of our questions seemed. Jordan, both Dean and I are thankful for all your help! Also, we greatly appreciate how you went above and beyond to assist us even after the process was completed. Kindest Regards, Dean and Avie

Dominik D San Mateo, CA

I had a great experience with NBKC bank. At first I was hesitant to go with a small internet lender but I was soon pleasantly surprised by the level of professionalism. My loan officer Steve was available to answer any questions. Most of the conversation went via text messages and email, which is what I preferred. Since this was my first refinance, I was a bit surprised when the estimate included 7 days of additional daily interest escrow for the existing Wells Fargo mortgage payoff. I learned that this was a standard practice in the industry and required by Wells Fargo. This escrow payment was refunded by Wells Fargo soon after closing. My servicing was handed over to Dovenmuehle, which appear to be in partnership with NBKC, and, as expected, Fannie Mae took over my mortgage. I highly recommend NBKC bank.

Arturo De Guzman Fontana, CA

NBKC had the right product for my home mortgage objectives. We found NBKC through Costco's mortgage lender exchange program. Once we filled out our basic information on Costco's website, we were contact by Mark Q. -- it was dinner time and he promptly called me back the next day during business hours. NBKC had all the right tools to help manage the application and close process. Mark Q. was very informative of the current status and what's to come. His communication is spot on and always anticipated what I would ask next. Excellent client service - I've recommended him to several of my neighbors! We closed quickly from the first call to funding. And especially during these pandemic times - having access to all the 3rd parties for documentation and paperwork was probably not that easy!

Tatjana Madison, AL

I first came to know NBKC through the Costco Mortgage lender program. I was immediately impressed with the agent they gave me, Mrs. Cheryl K. I felt the company and its people cared about me as a person and wanted what was best, even if that didn't mean my business. For the purchase of my home, I ended up going with a local lender for other reasons. But when it was time to refinance, I came straight to NBKC. I knew I was in good hands with a company and loan officer I could trust. All matters were handled swiftly and communication was clear and prompt. The process was stress-free. Ask for Cheryl, she'll take care of you!

Ruby M Phoenix, AZ

Hands down the best experience in purchasing a home! This is our second time buying a home and going through the application process, and the experience with NBKC Bank has been day and night. First off, Cheryl K is the best there is. She is knowledgeable, personable, reliable, thorough, transparent, and follows-up on everything. We could not have asked for a better person to work with. From the moment we submitted our information, the next day, we received an email confirmation from Cheryl. It was over the weekend, so we did not reply. On Monday morning, I received a call, and Cheryl left a message and followed up with a text. Text is my preferred mode of communication due to my busy schedule. We set up a call for later that week, and we talked. Cheryl listened to our situation and what we were looking for. She asked questions to ensure she delivered exactly what we needed. Cheryl worked with my realtor and got all the necessary documents to him, so we would be ready to move on an offer the moment we found the home we wanted. Cheryl answered every question and email, and we are very appreciative of her quick response and detailed answers. From the beginning of the process until the day of closing, Cheryl was there all along until we signed. We are grateful for her being there from beginning to end. We also worked with two other team members from NBKC Bank, and they were both courteous and on point. Excellent customer care and service all the way around. Thank you for such outstanding service and superior experience. Also, thank you for hiring such excellent and knowledgeable staff.

Michael Merrill Casselberry, FL

Paige M has been through a lot with us. We had originally planned on buying a home last year and encountered road block after road block with trying to coordinate the sale of our home and our purchase. While we ultimately had to walk away from our purchase last year due to issues beyond anyone's control, Paige was phenomenal with every step along the way. When it came time to look again at buying a home this year, I didn't hesitate to reach out to Paige. Yet again, she exceeded all of our expectations and made the process of financing our home seamless. When I would speak with friends and they would lament the difficulties they have with mortgage lenders, I kept expecting it would happen to us at some point. I am ecstatic to report, however, we closed this morning and that moment never came. I will never hesitate to contact Paige if I am in the market for another mortgage and will be referring anyone I know to her. Thank you Paige.

Young Reno, NV

Above and beyond in customer service, that is what we got from Kati. We found her through the Costco mortgage program. Unfortunately, she was our 3rd choice, but she was our BEST CHOICE! Initially, we talked to our bank because they offered no cost to buyers, no closing costs, etc. We’re still waiting to hear back from OUR BANK since November!!! Our 2nd choice was builder’s in-house lender because we’re buying a brand new home, and they offered $5k lender credit. The lender couldn’t explain the total closing cost of $12k, and this wasn’t our first home purchase. When I first spoke to Kati from NBKC Bank, I was annoyed with everyone, not because of her; I already talked to multiple lenders (local, regional & national lenders, and other Costo lenders). She listened, asked for the necessary documents, got our loan approval, and the rest is history. If you’re struggling with lukewarm lenders and loan officers, call Kati B. from NBKC Bank and talk to her. You will get straight answer from her. Warm regards from CA, Young

Mike Rhodes Hemet, CA

I have been a Realtor for 34 years and have worked with numerous lenders and loan representatives, but none have been near as good as Trent G. with his team at NBKC Bank. The process was unbelievably easy and fast ( just over 3 weeks)!! Whenever there was a question Trent was right there with the answer at any time. This included after hours and weekends too. I was so impressed with Trent and his team I recommended them to my daughter and son in law. They have already been surprised with how quick and simple the process has been. I would not hesitate to recommend Trent G. and NBKC Bank to anyone.

Darla Ford Richland, WA

Working with Cheryl K. from NBKC Bank was by far the best experience I’ve had! From the first phone call to closing, Cheryl was always very knowledgeable, friendly, professional and very efficient! She always responded to my numerous questions immediately and explained everything in detail. She made the entire process very easy and without any stress. She actually lowered my stress! She even arranged for a lower interest rate that I didn’t even know was possible. All the financial detail she provided was true and correct and she always informed me immediately if there were any changes. I give Cheryl K. the highest rating possible and that’s saying a lot as I usually don’t even complete surveys/ratings but I actually requested to in this case so others could benefit from working with Cheryl K. as well as I wanted her management to know how good she is! I can’t express enough how awesome it was working with Cheryl! She worked with me like it was her own home she was buying and her customer service was outstanding! I find this hard to come by these days so am extremely grateful! Thank-you, Darla Ford

Terry Stanton Federal Way, WA

Our experience with Paige from NBKC was great! She responded to my inquiry within 1 minute. She worked for us day, night and weekends to make sure our questions were answered. She was patient even though some of my questions and concerns were probably unnecessary, LOL. Our Escrow closed within 3 days of her original estimate and any small delay was on my part. Our transaction with the seller was a little unusual and Paige went out of her way to make sure we were fully aware of the normal buyer/seller costs. We would do business with Paige and NBKC again in a heartbeat and will highly recommend them to our friends and family or anyone who will listen.

Bhaskar Bhattacharya ,

First of all my overall experience of working with NBKC is very satisfactory. Starting from my first call till today, at each and every step the way David P has guided me to gather and submit all the required documents and the way other people of NBKC team has reached me, it was really a great experience. Being a first time home buyer I have zero knowledge about this procedure but David worked with me in each step side my side and guided me and introduced me with the whole procedure till the last date of loan sanction. I will be always referring my friends and colleagues to NBKC in future. Their rate is also a very decent and competitive to any market rate.

TAD BLAKE-WEBER Jamaica Plain, MA

I found the refi process to be, over all, very pleasant. Matt helped guide the process and was ready to answer questions. My only slight (and I mean slight) complaint, was that Matt didn't always respond quickly. But I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I assume he was very busy and that I was, obviously, not his only customer and I understand if people don't want to always be answering texts on the weekend. But I'm giving 5 stars because I feel Matt was very friendly, very helpful, and 95% of the time quick to answer questions. I think NBKC gave us a good deal and definitely saved us a lot of money. I also think their system felt streamlined and simple from start to finish.

Jordan Edwards Enterprise, AL

As first time homebuyers, we absolutely recommend Jeff H and NBKC Bank. Jeff took the time to explain the entire home buying process to us. In a transaction where a lot of parties have financial incentive to funnel you to their products, Jeff was a trustworthy resource that explained all the options we had available to us and did not pressure us in any particular direction. Additionally, Jeff was available anytime that we needed him - day, evening, or weekend. We submitted our offer on Memorial Day weekend and Jeff was immediately available to help clarify all the details and draft us a custom pre-approval letter. Without Jeff's industry expertise we would have never been able to confidently navigate the home buying process. Jeff also locked us in at an extraordinarily low interest rate! NBKC and Jeff H is our recommendation to any home buyers!

David Apel Louisville, KY

Brad goes over and above the call of duty. Whenever I left a phone call, which was most likely more often than the average customer he responded VERY promptly. The night that I was deciding between MBKC and a competitor, Brad got up at 6 am the next morning to lock in my rate before they went up THAT day. Honestly, the rate and the monthly payment with a local lender here in Louisville was the same. But the other lender had gotten a bit testy with me on a previous property. I still told Brad that I was going to go with the cheaper lender, whichever that was. I might also add that my realtor here wanted me to go with the local lender that he knew personally. I told Brad that night when he talked with me that if he could equal the rate I was going with him. It just so happens that I originally from the KC/Olathe area. In fact, my parents lived about a mile from Brad's house. Brad took time to make personal connections as well. I had professional service but also felt like I made a friend. I felt this way so much so that I even stopped into the Stateline Office to meet Brad when I was in town seeing my mother. I could not be happier with NBKC. You have a great asset in Brad Pointer!

Jeffrey Ferris Kihei, HI

Our realtor here is Hawaii recommended we find a local lender as Hawaii does things a little differently than the mainland. We stumbled onto NBKC Bank as one of the preferred lenders for Costco members with fees that would save us hundreds of dollars compared to the local lenders. Our loan officer Laura W. told us they have done many loans in Hawaii and not to worry. Well she was right. Laura stayed in contact with us through the whole process which was on a fast track to close in 30 days. She was fantastic and we would highly recommend her and NBKC Bank to anyone looking for a great lender.

Lynne Newhall, CA

CHOOSE THIS BANK!! Save time and energy by choosing NBKC - Responsive, honest, accurate. Great rates. Best finance experience. Worked with Steve M. Found bank through Costco after dealing with several banks/brokers who engaged in games (bait and switch, “this is your best rate” - would only reduce if I found a lower rate elsewhere, would say online list had an error, couldn’t honor their rate online, would provide papers with a higher rate than discussed, etc.) just go with NBKC who honored rates showing online, provided better deal, answered calls quickly and closed quickly. Painless. Will recommend and refer others.

Nadir Elfarra Pasadena, CA

This was the third loan we have placed through NBKC (two purchases and one refinance). Each time it has been a smooth, seamless process. During our second purchase our original loan officer, Brad G., was promoted and a new loan officer, Mike Y., took over. Rather than have to start over, Mike picked up the ball and kept it moving without the least bit of delay. Brad and Mike were both great communicators and very helpful in answering any of our questions and keeping us up to date on the process. On top of the great customer service, NBKC offered better rates than other banks (including those with whom I have strong business-related banking relationships). I have every reason I need to continue working with NBKC on my mortgage needs.

Thomas Short Kearney, MO

From the very beginning everything was smooth .They were very clear about the loan process and answered all my questions promptly. I had no stress through NBKC and Dan R. who was my lending agent .I really like Dan R. He is the very definition of Profesionalism and gives this institution a very good name. He has over 17 years of doing his job and it shows ! Everything Dan quoted was spot on. I have the unfortunate dealings with other lenders who string you out through the loan process and at the last minute surprise with more document hiccups or fail to come through on the original quote and non disclosure on closing fees. I purchase a Home on 6/21/18 in Kearney, MO. with a 28 day close.

Winmarie Belt Lubbock, TX

I chose NBKC Bank through Costco's mortgage purchase program. It was easy and quick to get an initial quote from them to see if I wanted to even consider them. After the initial quote, I had a representative, Chad W., contact me to get more information. I really liked that he was obviously trying to get a sale, but he never tried to push me to sign anything right away. He was very helpful with all of my questions and was very prompt in his responses. Overall, the home loan process was super easy. Chad was always on top of things and super helpful and friendly. I would recommend NBKC Bank for home loan purchases.

L Gagne Pequea, PA

We had been looking for a home for more than two years in a seller’s market where multiple offers were often being made the first day good homes were listed. We applied for a VA mortgage prequalification through Costco and were directed to NBKC. Mike L. was a godsend. Application was quick and without any fuss. In several instances Mike provided custom prequalification letters literally within 15 minutes of our request so that we were able to make offers immediately after viewing the homes. Once we found the home we wanted, Mike provided the letter and our offer was ahead of other buyers. Then Mike worked closely with us and our realtor to facilitate the process of counter offers and negotiating a final price. He locked in the rate for us and got the loan closed quickly. I couldn’t be happier with Mike’s excellent support through this difficult process. We now own the home of our dreams and we couldn’t have done it without Mike L.

Antonia Paye Santa Clarita, CA

We enjoyed working with Wayne M. He was very patient and professional with us thru the entire process.

Memogo Chula Vista, CA

This review is long overdue. We refinanced back in April of 2020 and it’s the second time we go with Jay A. Jay is the whole package: friendly, professional, very knowledge and always available. He is the best! It’s because of him that we keep coming back to NBKC. Thank you Jay!

Alexander Kosin Alpharetta, GA

I am a 1st time home buyer, and despite the whole process is pretty complex, I found all communication to be amazingly swift and smooth. NBKC offered us a great mortgage rate, and our agent, Ryan, managed to get to the closing even faster than we expected. I highly recommend Ryan A. He is very professional, responsive to all questions and inquiries, and simply a very nice person to talk to.

Veronica G South San Francisco, CA

Mark was prompt to respond when we had questions throughout the refinance process. My husband and I are both healthcare workers and working off hours during the COVID-19 pandemic but Mark was very flexible with our schedules. We’re used to meeting with loan officers face to face and were initially concerned since the entire process was via telephone or online but Mark was knowledgeable, courteous, and approachable. He made us feel at ease. We highly recommend him and have told our coworkers to contact him for their mortgage needs.

Red Lewes, DE

Overall very good! I recommend the NBKC bank and Mr M for service and great rates. I have refinanced mortgages for over 35 years, probably between 10 to 15 times. This was by far the most pleasant and painless that the refinancing has been. I feel fortunate to have found your bank. Also I think this was the least expensive refinancing we have ever done. Mr M was most helpful and solicitous. He was not like several personality types I have regrettably experienced. I will keep his information and recommend him to others. I wish him the best. Robert Doordan

T&L Novi Novi, MI

No fluctuation between the published interest rates and the quote we received once the process was initiated. Discussed our refinance needs with Ryan and he immediately set things in motion. No hidden costs and fees ended up being a bit less than originally expected. We processed everything on-line and the NBKC staff were able to get us to closing without any issues or delays. We would highly recommend the services they provide. Ryan was professional and easy to work with.

Maria Rizzy Round Rock, TX

We worked with page for our home refinance, she was extremely patient and always available when we had questions, she would always get back to us promptly. We move a lot and have closed on 6 homes and have done 3 refinances. This has been our easiest and best experience. She is very knowledgeable, organized and a clear communicator which we appreciated. We trust her and will use her again in the future. I highly recommend Paige M knowing that she will give 110% to make sure things go smooth and get done on time.

Jason Armstrong Beaverton, OR

Beau B from NBKC Bank was great. Easy to contact, patient with the many questions I threw his way and fair in providing a deal on helping us refinance our property. He was personable and straightforward unlike the other 3 mortgage companies we also contacted with in our refinance journey to find the best experience. Thanks again Beau! Highly recommend this guy.

Sendi Sanchez Ojai, CA

I recently refinance through NBKC bank.I was a little skeptical since everything was online. I trusted to go with them because Costco recommended them.I did some minor research on the bank and also on the loan consultant and everything seemed to check out so I went through with it. Scott A my loan representative was great. He was very informative and receptive to all my questions. My loan was funded today and so far everything seems good. My first mortgage payment will be next month so we’ll see how everything else goes.

Kara Conrad Kirkland, WA

Rhett did a great job explaining things, one of our biggest concerns and not going with other companies was the pushy nature and "used car salesman" feel we got. We explained our situation and instead of feeling like it was pushy it was more informative and giving us the option to decide what worked best for us which we truly appreciated. I will definitely be giving this recommendation out to other friends.

Darrin K Kapolei, HI

This is probably the most easiest loan process that I have ever been apart of. From the beginning to the end the process was quick and efficient. I would recommend working with NBKC to anyone who needs financing. Most of the process was done online, the final closing documents were signed at our home with a Notary but that process to less than 30 minutes! Awesome experience. Thank you!

Eric and Shari Barre Monroe, NC

Ryan was awesome! It was so simple to upload documents, and the entire process was smooth and done entirely from home. Communication was excellent. He quickly responded to any questions we had. The notary came to our house as there were no available places to meet in these troubled times. We highly recommend NBKC and Ryan V for stellar service and low rates for a home refinance.

Noel Osorio Scotts Valley, CA

The online application was easy. I got a response the same Sunday from Matt. He was very professional and informative. I decided to engage with NBKC after turning down another lender. Great decision. Matts' communication skill is top notch. NBKC proved to be the superior and more experienced lender than most. I got the lowest rate possible and locked it the same day I got the quote. The rest of the process was smooth, from esign to downloading documents and to email/phone conversations. Five star.

Mike Anderson Elizabeth, NJ

We accessed NBKC as a referral through our Costco membership. Jeff P, our loan officer has been excellent, providing updates and communication during the entire process of refinancing our current mortgage. We are absolutely satisfied with the services provided by Jeff - and the loan rate that we received!Highly recommend this funding source! Mike & Sue Anderson

Uriah Edmunds Hillsboro, OR

Cheryl made the process so seamless and continued to work with me on all my questions up until the day of close. We had considered when rates would move lower, the COVID deferrment program on our existing mortgage and pushing to reduce closing costs. She did everything timely and in such a professional manner. I wasn't sure about using a non-local lender but after reading other reviews and getting her attention - she made it easy. Thank you Cheryl for making this so quick and painless!

Peter Littleton, MA

I found NBKC through my Costco Membership Mortgage service. I couldn't be more happy! CJ S was my contact and proved to be exceptionally helpful to me. Answered ALL my many questions. Was always on top of things and checking in on me to see if I had questions or wanted an update on rates. I was nervous about doing everything online but the process was so smooth. CJ was always fast to respond to my emails at all time of day or night. WE closed on time and I am grateful I went with CJ and NBKC! Would definitely use them again and recommend them highly and I don't just say that!!

Steve Kasinetz Atlanta, GA

Great experience refinancing my home. The closing costs were low, there were no surprises, and the rate is great. Keith did a great job staying in touch during the entire process and almost all docs could be electronically signed. I was a mortgage broker about 15 years ago and understand the process very well. I would recommend NBKC in a heartbeat.

Jill Happy Valley, OR

The best thing about working with NBKC Bank is the employees! The entire process took only weeks, moved seamlessly through the steps, and my loan manager was in constant communication with me. Your bank is a well-run organization. The collaboration and effectiveness is evident due to the quick resolution to our financing! Our loan officer in particular, Ami B, advised me, prepared me, and ensured I knew what was going on with my status. She developed and deserved our trust!

j. hobson ,

I would first like to thank Scott A for doing a fantastic job with our mortgage process. We were under a slight time constraint and Scott kept everything on track, or better yet, me on track. Thank you very much Scott! I also thank the rest of the NBKC team for getting this done for us. You all made this a pleasurable process! Thank you, J. Hobson

LS in Illinois Skokie, IL

The loan officer that worked with me through my home purchase was easily accessible by phone and email. She answered any questions that I had in a timely manner. Her follow up and correspondence with attorneys and agents was thorough. The underwriting team could have worked a little quicker to meet deadlines for closing. Within the last couple days before my closing they were still requesting documentation that I could have provided to them much early in process (over a month before) had they simply asked for it. It felt almost rushed at the very end waiting on the final approval which luckily I got the day before my closing. I am thankful that NBKC was able to approve my mortgage loan but for a first time home-buyer the anxiety of having to wait until the very last minute with the uncertainty of whether the financing will come through or not was stressful. Aside from that I feel NBKC offers good rates and buyer credits and I would recommend them to future home buyers.

Todd LeValley Canoga Park, CA

Just closed on a cash out re-fi with loan officer Brandon G and NBKC. Great experience. Got a fantastic rate and their closing costs were very resonable. So much better than my previous experience with a refinance through Wells Fargo! Brandon was very responsive from the first inquiry through closing. NBKC's process was smooth and automated. I highly recommend NBKC, and Brandon will be my first choice for any loan needs in the future.

Ed K Cadillac, MI

Awesome at Everything! I've refinanced and purchased homes many times over the years; however, Beau L made this refinance the most straight-forward, efficient, and honest closing I have ever been a part of. Anytime during the process, that I had a question, Beau would reply promptly within the hour. Lowest closing costs ever. Lowest rate ever. Beau is the best loan officer I have personally ever dealt with. 6 stars on a scale of 5.

Robert Long Charikar, PAR

It was a pleasure working with Keith A from NBKC. He always maintained a high level of professionalism and courtesy. His response time was fast and accurate. His flexibility and fortitude were second to none. I would most certainly recommend others to choose NBKC for their future Lenders. Keep up the great work Keith. My family and I thank you for helping make our dreams come true!

Kashif K ,

Just like M&M’s.... it does exist. That’s right Rhett with NBKC was not kidding when he said he would make this process painless- it started with an email and instantly became part of our virtual family.  Our purchase had so many hurdles and Rhett stood by our side with responses faster than Flash and unlike others he actually thought things 5 steps further and gave a care.  This guy is a pure super hero in the skin of a loan originator.  If you go with him, the seller will regret and envy you for having such an awesome force by your side.