Acopia Home Loans, the retail division of Acopia LLC, offers mortgage loan services to prospective borrowers in 19 U.S. states. Acopia is comprised of a team of mortgage professionals that provide a high level of service to borrowers, realtors, and builders. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Goodlettsville, TN, the company's mission is to foster a culture of respect, care, and integrity amongst its customers and employees.

#1 NBKC Bank chevron_right
4.9
#2 Quicken Loans chevron_right
3.3
#3 Wells Fargo chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Mobile App
  • Mortgage Types
  • Loan Process

Mobile App

Acopia Home Loans has a mobile app, AcopiaGO, equipped for both iOS and Android devices. The app simplifies the process of securing a home loan. AcopiaGO lets users:

• Complete the application to get pre-qualified
  • Search available, local real estate
  • Use tools that calculate monthly premiums, select best-fitting loan types, adjust down payments, and determine affordability
  • Scan and submit documents directly and securely from your phone
  • Access checklists and loan milestones notifications
  • Contact both your realtor and lender

Mortgage Types

Acopia Home Loans offers several types of home loans, including conforming loans, FHA loans, Jumbo loans, USDA loans, and VA loans. The company also offers state-specific loans and options for refinancing existing mortgages.

Loan Process

Acopia outlines its mortgage process in these steps:

1. Apply: Fill out an online application. When it’s complete, your credit is pulled to determine your FICO score.
  2. Submit Documents: Using Acopia’s checklist, gather documents needed to verify and finalize your pre-approval. You can use the app or another online portal to upload documents. If you need assistance, your mortgage loan originator is your contact point.
  3. Wait for Approval: You are assigned a team of mortgage professionals that support you throughout the rest of the loan process.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Acopia is currently licensed to provide mortgage services in 19/50 U.S. states: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

There are local brick and mortar buildings in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, Alabama, Delaware, Tennessee, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky.

The Bottom Line

Acopia offers the mortgage types expected in the industry as well as convenience with its mobile app. It is licensed in only 19 U.S. states but is growing to include more.

View Best Home Loans Companies

george ibanez
March 8th, 2018 DETAILS

I was a victim of Hurricane IRMA and my insurance company wrote the check to Acopia after 2 months of waiting to get paid. It has been 6 months since the Hurricane and I have still not received all my money from Acopia to fix my home. They have to be the worst servicing company that I have ever delt with in my life. They are incredibly disorganized, and they show no compassion for their clients affected by the hurricane. They make you go through hoops to release a penny of MY OWN money, and the contractors are not getting paid on time. the Federal government should get involved and deal with companies like this that abuse natural disasters victims.

Rachel L
June 5th, 2017 Casselberry, FL

I used Acopia last year to secure an FHA loan to purchase my house. Unlike some of the reviews below, I actually sought out at least 10 lenders that were vying for my business. At the end of the day, Acopia gave me the best rate AND the best customer service. They were all friendly and made sure to explain everything as we navigated through the process. I can't remember the name of the woman that mostly helped me but she was amazing and called me back within hours and many times within minutes. The same with emails. I knew that if I called my person, she would get in contact with me by at most next day depending on the time of day I called. The house that I purchase was a foreclosed home that required a closing within 30 days. Acopia was spot on and my loan process was thorough, complete and my closing happened on time as scheduled without a hitch. Now with all the above being said, the loan process in itself no matter who you go with is a grueling one but you need to go into it expecting that. Since closing on my load, I have referred my sister to Acopia and she closed on her house with them with the same experience. I will continue to refer any one I know needing their products as I myself will if and when the time comes. This company operates more like a family and I love that. Your treated as a friend of the family and not just a customer. As individuals, you should do you due diligence and shop around and get a couple other lenders in the mix to compare your options and then make your decision. I found Acopia to have the best transparency in their practices which speaks largely to great integrity which is why I ultimately went with them.

James Rank
June 2nd, 2017

Excellent customer service and care by Jennifer and Sam in the Fayetville NC office

Grace
July 1st, 2016 Hollywood, FL

Against our better judgement, we used Acopia based on the fact that they were the sole recommendation of the realtor we were working with. In the beginning everything seemed fine, straightforward and trustworthy. However, by the end of the process Acopia could not have been less professional. The local office we were working with ignored our calls and gave us the run-around for a week straight. We had to do all of the leg-work ourselves and information of any kind was only received by us calling,e-mailing, and hounding them! Getting any news or updates from them was extremely rare and on the off-chance that we did hear from them it meant bad news and more problems. The day before we were supposed to close they requested a W-2 from 2014...which I had already given to them (a bad sign).This leads me to believe they had not even finished the loan process. We also drove an hour back and forth to get a single sheet of paper to the HOA office, per the assistant's guidance, so that we could close the next day. By the end of the next day, closing day, the manager and his assistant called me and said that they had unlocked our rate (without our consent!) and that we had two options: take a higher rate, or pay points. When they wouldn't let me speak I told them I needed that information in writing. The manager proceeded to tell me to "be respectful" when I had to raise my voice because he was talking over me. I think they forgot who the clients are...I also never did receive that information via e-mail...probably because it was unethical? We ended up closing about a week late...thank goodness it happened at all - no thanks to the team at Acopia.

Luis Santiago
June 13th, 2016 Nashville, TN

This is for the division company Accurate Mortgage. I applied for a home loan on 5/17. Got thru the pre qualification stage. Next step was the pre approval stage. Got them all the documents they needed in a timely fashion. Didn't hear a word for days and after calling them several times was told waiting on underwriter. Frustration set in so we decided to get second opinion only to be told we did not qualify for a home. Guess my point is if we didn't qualify the professional thing to do is notify your potential clients not leave them in the dark. I highly recommend you stay away from them they will damage your credit.

Chris Fox
July 20th, 2015 Miami, FL

I have to admit I bit their hook, Hook line and sinker. I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. Boy was I wrong. My loan has been in thei underwriting department for 10 days.I still dont have answer 07/17/2015 at 5pm . I call the loan officer and all I get is the run around. I think they are going to turn this place into a funeral since the loans go there to die. I can only say to anyone reading this review is look at all your options. If you need to close go somewhere else.