Acopia Home Loans, the retail division of Acopia LLC, offers mortgage loan services to prospective borrowers in 19 U.S. states. Acopia is comprised of a team of mortgage professionals that provide a high level of service to borrowers, realtors, and builders.

Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Goodlettsville, TN, the company's mission is to foster a culture of respect, care, and integrity amongst its customers and employees.

Acopia offers a wide selection of conforming (ARM, HELOC, condo), non-conforming, government (FHA, VA, USDA), and specialty products, including no money down and no PMI options for qualifying borrowers. The company's Honoring Our Heroes Program gives back to veterans, active military, law enforcement, firefighters, EMS, and teachers at closing.

#1 NBKC Bank chevron_right
4.9
#2 Quicken Loans chevron_right
3.2

The Good

• Mobile App
  • Mortgage Types
  • Loan Process

Mobile App

Acopia Home Loans has a mobile app, AcopiaGO, equipped for both iOS and Android devices. The app simplifies the process of securing a home loan. AcopiaGO lets users:

• Complete the application to get pre-qualified
  • Search available, local real estate
  • Use tools that calculate monthly premiums, select best-fitting loan types, adjust down payments, and determine affordability
  • Scan and submit documents directly and securely from your phone
  • Access checklists and loan milestones notifications
  • Contact both your realtor and lender

Mortgage Types

Acopia Home Loans offers several types of home loans, including conforming loans, FHA loans, Jumbo loans, USDA loans, and VA loans. The company also offers state-specific loans and options for refinancing existing mortgages.

Loan Process

Acopia outlines its mortgage process in these steps:

1. Apply: Fill out an online application. When it’s complete, your credit is pulled to determine your FICO score.
  2. Submit Documents: Using Acopia’s checklist, gather documents needed to verify and finalize your pre-approval. You can use the app or another online portal to upload documents. If you need assistance, your mortgage loan originator is your contact point.
  3. Wait for Approval: You are assigned a team of mortgage professionals that support you throughout the rest of the loan process.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Acopia is currently licensed to provide mortgage services in 19/50 U.S. states: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia

There are local brick and mortar buildings in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, Alabama, Delaware, Tennessee, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky.

The Bottom Line

Acopia offers the mortgage types expected in the industry as well as convenience with its mobile app. It is licensed in only 19 U.S. states but is growing to include more.

View Best Home Loans Companies

Theron Thomas

May 7th, 2020 Huntsville, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They kept in contact during the process.

May 11, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, Theron!

Bridgett

May 7th, 2020 Atlanta, GA

Sonja was great in helping us decidenwhich options were best for us

May 11, 2020

Thanks Bridgett, we appreciate your review!

Mike Rappa

May 7th, 2020 Hattiesburg, MS

Everybody was very helpful and wonderful to work with

May 11, 2020

Thank you, Mike - happy to help!

Mario Vera

April 24th, 2020 Marietta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Acopia Home Loan team was very helpful. My experience with them was exceptional. They completed things quickly, communicated well, and had positive attitudes. I highly recommend them.

May 11, 2020

Thanks so much for the kind recommendation, Mario! So happy to help!

Cassey Stockman

April 22nd, 2020 Abbeville, SC

I had the best experience with this company! Everyone was very helpful, they made the home buying process easy and were always available to answer any of my questions!

May 11, 2020

Thank you for the kind review, Cassey - we appreciate you!

Julie

April 22nd, 2020 Concord, NC

I received excellent service from every team member. They were timely, efficient and accurate. All of my questions were answered completely and my problems were solved. What makes this experience even more outstanding was that it was started and completed during Covid19. I am very appreciative of all the work that Kin A and his team did for me, and I will not hesitate to use him in the future and recommend him to others.

May 11, 2020

Thank you for your recommendation and kind words, Julie! So glad Kin's team was able to help you during this time. We look forward to working with you again!

Shathan McCoy

April 22nd, 2020 Norcross, GA

The company was great to work with. They made the home buying process super simple. Joey D and staff made sure all our needs were met.

May 11, 2020

Great to hear, Shathan! Thank you for your review and for trusting Acopia with your loan buying needs.

Alicia Graves

April 22nd, 2020 Clarksville, TN

Acopia has been absolutely amazing to work with! I could not have had a better experience. Everyone on their team has been so friendly and easy to work with, they made the process such a breeze!

May 11, 2020

Thanks Alicia, we really appreciate your kind words and review! Thank you for choosing Acopia as your lender!

Andrew Morrison

April 15th, 2020 Atlanta, GA

I had a great experience refinancing with Acopia. Tina and Dawn were great to work with and they offered great rates! Highly recommended!

Apr 22, 2020

Thanks so much, Andrew - we appreciate your kind recommendation and are so glad we could help with your refinance!

Sulai Issa

April 14th, 2020 Graniteville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My loan officer, Jeff, was very helpful not only in saving me money on the mortgage but also in recommending better insurance.

Apr 22, 2020

So glad Jeff was able to help you, Sulai - thank you for the review!

Chris Brown

April 14th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Doug and his team are awesome! Highly recommend!

Apr 22, 2020

Our pleasure, Chris - thanks for the review!

Karen Roman

April 10th, 2020 Greer, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bruce B went above and beyond to help me secure a mortgage during a very stressful time in my life.

Apr 14, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, Karen! So glad Bruce was able to assist - congratulations :)

Josh Vargas

April 10th, 2020 Birmingham, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service! Everyone was extremely helpful in the home buying process.

Apr 14, 2020

Thank you for the kind review, Josh, it was our pleasure!

Kim Levangie

April 10th, 2020 Port Charlotte, FL

Whitney is the best! We love how quick he was getting us into our dream home! We will be recommending Whitney to all our family and friends! I hope the servicing of this loan is as smooth as the application process was! Thanks Acopia and a special thank you to Whitney H and his team! The Levangies

Apr 14, 2020

Thank you, Kim, and congratulations on getting into your dream home! We're so glad Whitney and his team were able to take such good care of you. Welcome home!

Daniel Cline

April 10th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don W and his team went above and beyond for us in the acquisition and closing of our loan. They were the BEST! Thank you Acopia Home Loans.

Apr 14, 2020

Daniel, thank you for your kind review! We're so pleased that Don and his team took such good care of you. Congratulations!

Heather King

April 10th, 2020 Cedar Bluff, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very professional staff and everyone was very helpful

Apr 14, 2020

Thanks Heather, happy to help!

Cameron Glenn

April 4th, 2020 Anderson, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

With the situation I had going on, Acopia Home Loans did not give up on me when I wanted to. They stayed with me through the end and now I'm happier then I ever been Kin and Melanie are great realtors and they'll fight tooth and Nail to keep you satisfied. I highly recommend them and Acopia Home Loans. Lee also knows his way to help with Financial Aid is every aspect of home buying.

Apr 14, 2020

Thanks for your kind review, Cameron! We're so glad you chose Acopia and so glad Kin and his team were able to help you through the process - Congratulations, and welcome home!

Scott Gibson

March 30th, 2020 Marshville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I feel that Bruce and his team were a great help from start to finish and we can't thank Bruce enough for helping us become homeowners. I would recommend Acopia to anyone looking to purchase a home.

Apr 03, 2020

Thank you, Scott, we really appreciate your recommendation (Bruce is the best!)! Congratulations on your new home!

madison walquist

March 30th, 2020 Fishers, IN

David S. worked with us providing excellent care and knowledge about questions and concerns we had

Apr 03, 2020

Thanks for your review, Madison! David is great, so glad he was able to help!

Bryanna Warwick

March 30th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Ross with Acopia in Daphne for my home purchase in 2018. When rates dropped in 2020, I called him for a great refinance experience. He makes everything easy, understandable, and is always available to answer questions. I recommend him to everyone and will continue using him for my mortgage needs.

Apr 03, 2020

Hi Bryanna, thank you for your review and choosing Ross and Acopia as your lender! We appreciate your trust, and, we agree... Ross is terrific! :)

M. H.

March 30th, 2020 Clemson, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process was very easy. The app made it a breeze to upload all of the necessary documents. There was never a need to make an office appointment. Each step was explained and summarized. Contact came via text and email to alert when something needed our attention or signed. Highly recommend!

Apr 03, 2020

Thank you for your recommendation and 5-star review! And, thanks for choosing Acopia. :)

Naadedei

March 30th, 2020 Mableton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The loan team were very professional . Very helpful

Apr 03, 2020

Happy to help! Thank you for trusting Acopia for your lending needs!

Andrea C

March 26th, 2020 Hempstead, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We were extremely pleased about the level of professionalism we received from our Mortgage Loan Advisor (Rick R.) and our Loan Processor (Daisy R.) . They went above and beyond fulfilling our needs during our mortgage application process. Unfortunately, we were unreachable for confidential conversations during ourregular 9 to 5 work week. However, both Rick and Daisy made themselves available after hours and on weekends to answer any queries and explained and assisted with any paperwork required. They made the process so seamless and kept us updated at all times. Considering that we were taking on a loan from out of state, we thought we would have difficulties meeting a target of 40 days to close. However, one week before the scheduled closing date, we were informed by Rick that we were clear to close. Therefore, if we wanted , the closing date could be scheduled quicker than plan. We however agreed to stay with the original closing date as we already applied for time off from work to complete the closing. During our journey we received some personalized videos that made the process even more fun. Kudos for that great idea. They really helped us to understand more about the road ahead and the final video we received was even more encouraging. Based on our pleasant experience, we will certainly be recommending Acopia Home Loans to our friends and families. Thanks again for your personal touch in what usually appears to be a daunting process.

Mar 27, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review and all of your kind words, Andrea! We are so glad you chose Acopia to be your lender - you like our fun videos - and Rick and Daisy took such good care of you. Welcome home! :)

Ronnie Almond

March 24th, 2020 Atlanta, GA

Billy took real good care of us. He gave us step by step instructions on what we needed to do to get our credit score just right for the house we wanted within a year. Very professional and easy to work with.

Mar 27, 2020

Thanks Ronnie! We're so glad Billy was able to help you through your journey home - and a big congratulations!

Gabrielle Mason

March 23rd, 2020 Sharpsburg, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not only do I use Acopia for business as a Realtor; I do personally for my own home purchasing or refinancing needs. From first contact- customer service is timely, friendly and professional. They have numerous loan programs to suit most buyer needs and scenarios. I can always count on Acopia to help my clients get to the closing table and into their own home!

Mar 27, 2020

Thank you for your kind review, Gabrielle! We appreciate you and are so pleased to have your partnership :)

erica cooper

March 23rd, 2020 Silver Spring, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not use them at all they give u the run around for days 12 to 13 days, they don’t reply to emails at all . the realtor has more contact then they do. Don’t do it at all trust read the reviews which I should have done periodically. James C. give me the run around just to say after 13 days I need to be established in Florida when I’m self employed and I can work in any state with the same amount of income. Communication is definitely not great at all. My family live in one state and brought a home in another and they telework. Which means they can work any where. Acopia has the nerve to say Wellsfargo suck that’s an understatement.

Mar 23, 2020

Hi Erica, we apologize for the extra time it took to process your application. In an effort to ensure we had exhausted all avenues in researching your scenario, we reached out to HUD for their review and advisement. It did add some time to the process, but please know we immediately communicated their response and findings upon receipt of their decision.

Frank

March 23rd, 2020 Schenectady, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was a good experience over all. The staff was friendly and experienced. They really know their business and are very customer service oriented.

Mar 23, 2020

Thank you, Frank, it was our pleasure and we appreciate your kind review!

Sandro Garcia Gomez

March 23rd, 2020 Smyrna, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

staff was very professional and made the entire process really straightforward with step by step instructions

Mar 23, 2020

Thank you for your 5-star review, Sandro! It was our pleasure. :)

Vickie Marquardt

March 21st, 2020 , IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sam H. and the team at Acopia Home Loans exceeded any customer service we had ever received from any bank. They literally worked day and night to help us secure a mortgage. They treat every person as if he is their only customer. Their communication was excellent with quick response times and timely resolution. I would recommend Acopia Home Loans to anyone who truly wants the best person-centered service out there! Thank you, Acopia for helping us get the house of our dreams!

Mar 23, 2020

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation, Vickie! We are honored that you selected Acopia to be your lender of choice. Congratulations on your new home!

Patrick Bennett

March 19th, 2020 Cumming, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our representative Patrick was wonderful on the phone. Unfortunately that is the only positive experience I can give. Our Refinance turned into a 5 month nightmare of broken promises and excuse making (computer error, Proofing error, office error, postponing close; 2 hrs before it starts) I would never recommend to family or friends.

Mar 23, 2020

Hi Patrick, we're sorry this process didn't go as we had all hoped it would when your application was taken. We'll have a regional manager reach out to you to help explain the challenges your file provided, the extra steps Patrick took on your behalf to try to help make it happen for you - which yes, took a great deal longer than a normal refi usually would - and how you can ready yourself for home financing in the future.

Monica

March 12th, 2020 Attleboro, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Acopia Loans was very professional and accommodating for us. The process was simplified through uploading documents on a website. This made it very efficient and quick to consolidate all information needed. The staff were excellent to work with, kind and caring. James always took time out to call us to see how things were going and also gave us updates. That was so appreciated.

Mar 17, 2020

Thank you, Monica - we were happy to help. Welcome home!

Thomas Schorner

March 12th, 2020 Fairfax, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I appreciated the patience of the loan officer, originator and processors who also demonstrated the urgency to complete the mortgage process in a timely manner.

Mar 17, 2020

Thanks Thomas, it was our pleasure!

Anthony F Lorenzo

March 12th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really have zero dislikes. Our mortgage person Patrick Kelly was great.

Mar 17, 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, Anthony!

Southern Moving & Storage

March 12th, 2020 Lexington, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We use Acopia home loans to buy our first home. Sam made the process easy and painless. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Mar 17, 2020

Thank you, Sam! We appreciate your recommendation - and welcome home! :)

Christopher Rapp

March 11th, 2020 Clarksville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jeff Stine and the entire team at Acopia we’re fantastic to work with. If you have a choice between a local lender and a big company go local. Rates were much lower than all the big lenders.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you so much for the kind review, Christopher! We're so glad you chose Acopia as your lender :)

Beau Sanders

March 10th, 2020 Greenville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bruce and the staff of Acopia Home Loans in Greenville, SC did a fantastic job helping us buy our new home. The whole process was smooth and painless. They helped us through all the paperwork, answered our calls and texts right away, and offered many helpful suggestions. I highly recommend Acopia Home Loans.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation, Beau - it was our pleasure. Congratulations on your new home!

Matthew Clinard

March 9th, 2020 Newport, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were nice and provided me with everything I needed to get my loan

Mar 12, 2020

It was our pleasure, Matthew - thank you for the 5-star review!

Zarita

March 9th, 2020 Norcross, GA

Everyone was very helpful, professional and courteous

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you, Zarita, it was our pleasure!

Ashley Beggs

March 9th, 2020 Hickory, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

David and Tracy are wonderful! They made this process so much easier!

Mar 12, 2020

Terrific! Thank you for your review, Ashley!

Rick Rhodes

March 9th, 2020 Miami, FL

Always there to answer questions promptly.

Mar 12, 2020

Happy to help, Rick - thank you for your review!

Ranae Kelley

March 6th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Patrick Kelly is always wonderful to work with. He breaks things down so you understand what is needed and what is happening with the numbers. Things get done quickly and move forward easily as well.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you, Ranae, we're so glad Patrick took such good care of you!

George Johnson

March 6th, 2020 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Entire staff did an excellent job helping us refinance.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you, George, it was our pleasure!

Michael

March 6th, 2020 Covington, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Allen Kenknight and everyone at Acopia Home Loans was very helpful and great to work with they made the whole process very easy from the start we where even able to close on our forever home a week earlier than planned I would and have recommend Acopia Home Loans and Allen Kenknight to any and everyone that is looking for a house or wanting to refinance

Mar 12, 2020

Thanks so much, Michael - we really appreciate your recommendation! Thank you for making Acopia your lender of choice!

Rhonda R Cowsill

March 4th, 2020 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just the best company to work with!! Kurt was so patient and things went fast and easy! Thank you acopia!

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you, Rhonda, we appreciate your kind words - and thank you for choosing Acopia!

Bitglass101

March 4th, 2020 Lewisburg, TN

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Only thing I would suggest is to have more education and communication up front for a new time home buyer. I should have asked more questions.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you for your kind review and suggestion - and congratulations on your new home! We always try our best to answer every question throughout the home-buying process and are committed to providing stellar service. Please contact our corporate office to help us understand how we might improve: (615) 859-5537

Angel Rid

March 4th, 2020 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and follow up with buyers

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you for your kind review, Angel!

Susan House

March 3rd, 2020 Spartanburg, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had a great experience with Acopia! Everyone we dealt with was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you for your kind words, Susan - we appreciate you!

Renee Alexander

March 3rd, 2020 Charlotte, NC

Wish it was more stars ⭐️ to be given! I absolutely loved my experience with them , very professional and I would definitely recommend them!

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you so much for your very kind recommendation, Renee - it was truly our pleasure!

Justin

March 3rd, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After 13 years of service in the Army and never owning a home. I am extremely pleased with the professional attitude, amazing team and the attention to detail they provided me. From meeting up with Kin A just to shake hands. Then working with Ms. O through all the stressful times of getting the loan. I have had an absolutely amazing experience while buying my first house.

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you for your kind review, Justin - it was our honor. Thank you for your service and... welcome home! :)

Angela

March 3rd, 2020 Helen, GA

Patrick was amazing helping me secure my home loan. He was very knowledgable about my particular type of loan and what was best for me. He went above and beyond every step of the process! I highly recommend him!

Mar 12, 2020

Thank you, Angela - we're so glad Patrick was able to take good care of you!