PaymentCloud

5.4

LAST UPDATED: October 6th, 2021

PaymentCloud is a full-service ISO and merchant service provider that seeks to provide innovative solutions and unparalleled customer service. It has been in business since 2013, and works to offer superior financial products while still keeping prices low.

The Good

• Competitive Pricing
  • High-Risk Calculations
  • Next Day Funding
  • Innovative Technology
  • Dedicated Account Representatives

Competitive Pricing

PaymentCloud charges fees that are extremely competitive within the industry. Pricing is as follows:

Online Transactions

Mobile Payments

• Starting percentage - 0.85%
  • Starting cost per transaction - $0.05
  • Monthly fee - $9.95

Consumers will need to keep in mind that the pricing figures change based on the merchant's risk level and supporting bank.

High-Risk Calculations

PaymentCloud will work with customers on evaluating their company and its risk level. PaymentCloud has been working hard to work through businesses with high risk for the past seven years. When you call PaymentCloud, they will match you with the merchant account they think is best based off of your risk level. If businesses fall in the high risk category, the company realizes it can be hard to find a credit card processor. Regardless of your line of business, PaymentCloud tries to make it possible for your company to have a safe and efficient credit card processor.

Next Day Funding

PaymentCloud does not make businesses wait to access their hard-earned capital; instead, the company offers next day funding for all card types. Next day funding is especially beneficial for businesses that process the bulk of transactions in the evening; businesses located on the West Coast; merchants who process heavy volume during the weekend; and businesses that have daily or weekly expenses such as payroll, restocking inventory, and shipping costs.

Innovative Technology

As an industry leader in product innovation and cutting-edge technology, PaymentCloud provides merchants with payment processors that are customized to their business types. The company's terminal selections include the latest EMV Smartchip technology, wireless options, countertop devices, and PIN pad options. PaymentCloud also offers mobile processing hardware and applications, tablet POS systems, and secure online payment gateways.

Dedicated Account Representatives

Each of PaymentCloud's account representatives is rigorously trained in merchant services, product specifications, pricing structure, and payment support. When a customer signs up with PaymentCloud, they will be assigned an expert account representative, who will assist with filling out the application, walk through how to set up the equipment and electronic processing software, go over pricing structure and Visa/MasterCard rates and fees, provide notification when industry and/or security updates arise, and deliver personalized customer service. Its dedicated account representatives have led to mostly positive merchant services reviews.

The Bad

Time in Business

PaymentCloud has only been in business since 2013, making the company a relative newcomer to the industry with less experience than many of its competitors.

The Bottom Line

PaymentCloud has been in the merchant account business since 2013 and strives to give high risk companies a chance at getting approved. The company offers very competitve pricing, next day funding, innovative technology, and personalized customer service. We recommend customers consider the benefits of PaymentCloud's credit card processing against other merchant account providers in the industry, using merchant services reviews as a main source of research.

2.4

Garrison Holt

I’ll start this review by saying I have very mixed feelings about Payment Cloud. On one hand their account managers are great for the most part. (Mostly) communicative, and attends to all my businesses needs. However their process of approval isn’t very clear, and I feel like we’re being strung along waiting for approval. I know this isn’t the account managers fault, but the banks they go through are frankly terrible. Many times they asked us to add things to our site that were already there, or remove things that were never on the site to begin with, delaying our process over and over again. Currently have been waiting 5 weeks for approval with no updates on where the banks are at. Payment cloud is overrall pretty good but they need to fix their communications from their banks to their clients

Leonardo Kammel Austin, TX

Have been with Paymentcloud for a couple of months now and I am beyond happy with them! Special shout out to my agent Brandon C., that really knows what he is doing. He was very helpful from the beginning and is continuing to do so as we are going on. Very happy and definitely the right choice. Will continue to be their customer even with non-high-risk business in the future.

Reply from PaymentCloud

Hi Leonardo, thank you so much for your review! I'm so happy to hear you're beyond satisfied with your service. Brandon's awesome, he really knows what he's doing and I'm glad he's been so helpful to you and your business. PaymentCloud truly appreciates your business and looks forward to continuing our relationship in the future. Please feel free to reach out to Brandon if you need anything! -Caroline

Apr. 7th, 2021

Jacob Jones ,

Fantastic customer support and excellent for high risk industries. People do not understand that Paymentcloud does not actually handle your payments, the underlying companies such as Firstdata and others do. Many of the reviews and complaints against this company are incorrect. I have a fantastic rep, Chelsea who I would 10/10 use again!

Reply from PaymentCloud

Hi Jacob, thank you so much for taking the time to review PaymentCloud. I'm so happy to hear you're satisfied with your service and with Chelsea's help, she's truly one of the best! Your recommendation means a lot to us. Please feel free to reach out with anything you may need! -Caroline

Apr. 7th, 2021

Transporter LLC Yonkers, NY

I had trouble finding a merchant processor that would support a high -risk business of transportation services. I have been a customer of Payment Cloud since July 2019, and so far I am pleased with the merchant services I have received. My transactions are deposited next day into my account which is great. I have been waiting for funding activity SMS notifications to be set up several weeks and it still has not been done. I am also waiting for over a week to receive email notifications for chargeback notices and so far nothing. I would have given them 5 stars if it wasn't for these two issues.

Saeed Irvine, CA

We had issues getting an online processor for our vaping company, until we met Faviola who got us set up in a week. She always responded to us within a day and even walked us through changing our domain name. Truly helpful and I'd highly recommend working with her!

David Revell Worthing, WSX

Put my business back months. Terrible. This is my first ever online review. I had to post this to let other people know to AVOID this company. They wasted 4 months of my time with promises they couldn't deliver. I'm based in the UK, with a US LLC and I sell supplements, all of which are considered high risk which I understand and I've had issues with merchant processers before because of it, but usually they give me a no straight out of the gate as to avoid wasting everyone's time. Ohhhh no no no, not PaymentCloud, they waited 4 months to tell me. The intial application was successful and took 6 weeks to get onboarded, during this time I had to continuely chase up as their customer service is nothing short of woeful but I know these things take time so i was patient. At week 6, I was given the green light by the acquirer bank, all that needed to be done was implement the merchant API into my websites. I use Shopify(Yes, the $1bn T/O eCoommerce Platform) and Clickfunnels(The Largest Funnel Platform Globally.) I had told PC multiple times that I use these platforms and even their Chief Of Technology told me that 'We integrate with Clickfunnels' Well... After 10 weeks of terrible communication, and me asking for updates on a weekly basis I was told that they DO NOT integrate with 2 of the largest platforms out there. The reason I was given was that I was the first person from an international perspective they had helped and that their third party API had let them down. This has put my business back months. If you are reading this and thinking about signing up, don't. Even if you are in the US, their customer service and communication is some of the worst I've seen. If you trust these people with your customer's money, on your head be it.

Reply from PaymentCloud

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this detailed review and for the opportunity for us to take this feedback as an opportunity to improve. We would like to address and possibly clarify a few points and hope that, although we were not able to help you with credit card processing, we can come to an understanding. First and foremost, PaymentCloud specializes in US-based domestic credit card processing. Our business rarely ventures into international markets because we do not have the relationships built and proven solutions that we have in the US market. Because of the relationship with our referring partner, our relationship manager went above and beyond to source a solution for UK-based CBD businesses that we were assured checked all the boxes that you required. We did in fact get you a live merchant account and were told that your development team would be able to use the information provided upon approval to make the appropriate eCommerce platform connections. At that point I think we ran into a couple of issues; first, that connection required custom work, and second that work was outside of your scope and you did not have additional developer support to help. At that point, we brought in both our lead developer and our CTO to help troubleshoot the issue. We absorbed all of the costs to make every attempt at building the connections you needed. Unfortunately, we received very little - almost zero - feedback and support from the processor who owned the API connection and could not find a way on our own. We apologize for the time this took, but please know that we left no stone unturned and pursued every avenue to try and make this work, at no cost to you. Please know that we are doing everything we can to remedy the situation, and as a result of your experience have decided not to move forward with the solution you were placed with. We strive to maintain a very high standard as experts in the eCommerce space inside the US with almost limitless integration capacity and unmatched customer support - that includes hundreds of Shopify merchants every month. We apologize on behalf of the processing solution that so much time and effort was spent on something that did not come to fruition. We take full responsibility for going out on a limb, but if you have one takeaway please know that we were truly committed to helping you at any cost. If there is anything further we can do to help please don't hesitate to reach out directly.

Jan. 21st, 2021

Robert Cook DeSoto, TX

I love the company speed and efficiency in handling my application. Aran H was very professional and patient in helping me set up my account established. I'm delighted with the service of this company.

Robert Plyler Austin, TX

This is a scam company who outsources everything. Do not and I repeat do not get their services. I am going to sue them and there are already 50 people that I have who have been ripped off by this company. They hide behind banks and third party gateways and connti he to charge me after I cancelled services in which never worked. I want full reimbursement for everything. I have e mails phone conversations and texts where nothing worked and I am still getting charged. They have stolen over five hundred dollars from my business. When I did have a processor, it took a while before money came in then closed account so my money stayed in limbo. Then they charged me for closing account and processing fee to get my transactions. They are thieves, their management are thieves and their whole company indulges in ripping people off. Tom D was point of contact and he made me go through hurdles to get money owed like going to my bank twenty times, wasting my time at bank and getting documents finalized eight times. I cancelled and he assured me I wouldn't be charged but it keeps happening. I then get a call from a lady asking me to cancel again today after months of cancellation telling me tom out of office. Ice been sending e mails every day for two months. The worst company with thieves

Reply from PaymentCloud

Hello Robert, Thank you for leaving a review. Sorry to hear about your frustrations. We want to begin by clearing up the fact that PaymentCloud specializes in merchant services. With our lasting relationships, we pair merchants with the ideal processor, bank, and fraud mitigation service to cultivate success for your specific business type. Our account managers clarify this as well in all initial phone calls. I spoke with Tom and his supervisor Jenn, who had both been in touch with you via email to clarify the issues with your account. It appears you placed a payment stop on your monthly dues with your processor without closing your account with them. You also came back to process months later, at which point, you had accumulated several months of dues since you had not closed your account. At the point of processing again, your funds were held by your processor until those monthly dues were paid. It appears Tom and Jenn and members of our Admin team have itemized the fees you were being charged for your processor account along with the payment gateway account that was not closed. Unfortunately, just like any other subscription-based account, these fees accrue even when the account is not being utilized. If at any point you would like to get your business up and processing again, we would be happy to assist. Sincerely, The PaymentCould Team

Nov. 23rd, 2021

Lema Valencia, CA

Absolutely the worst people u can ever deal with they take ur info after that u just have to keep hunting them down they will never replay back do not use them if u do not have too

Samer Siam Montreal, QC

Dont deal with this company! they are a fraud, once they find you a merchant bank they will take their commission and run! i dealt with a Faith from their sales team, she didnt even provide me for a portal and when i asked for one she said i should call the merchant bank and then she provided me one with for U.S customers and then when i reached to the banks support team, it turned out they had a canadian portal. later on i found the merchant i was hooked up with was one of the worst and im still having trouble withdrawing funds, and payment cloud disappeared.

Roland Stoute Jamaica, NY

After paying for a few months, I wasn’t using their services and asked to cancel.After a little run around,they confirmed closing of my account.Then I discovered 5 months later,they were still charging me fees,penalties etc.Although they confirmed this fact, they refuse to refund my money.

GeorgeandGillian Johnson City, TN

Payment cloud is a scam and they don’t tell you how much they’re really going to charge you. Do yourself a favor and relist how you word your items before signing up with these scammers

Al Miami, FL

Avoid at all cost . They get you a merchant witch in my case evo took our money and told us we are not holding any money after 30 day review . Avoid at all cost . They will take you for a ride

sabnash McLean, VA

terrible customer service. painfully slow responses. makes promises and doesn't deliver. avoid.

Ryan Martin Plano, TX

Identity thieves. They'll tell you they approve, and once you submit all you information, you'll never hear from them again. Weeks later, you're an identify theft victim.