Best Company Guarantee UnaliWear Logo

UnaliWear

LAST UPDATED: September 29th, 2022

UnaliWear is a medical alert company seeking to help vulnerable populations increase their independence while maintaining dignity. UnaliWear’s main product is the Kanega Watch. The company's founder, Jean Anne Booth, got the idea for the Kanega Watch when trying to get a medical alert system for her aging mother. Her mother would not wear a neck pendant and Jean Anne, as an electrical engineer/entrepreneur, felt she could work with her team of developers and investors to create a best-in-class medical alert alternative. The Kanega Watch is that alternative.

The only medical alert watch with built-in fall detection, designed to be worn everywhere (bed, shower, out shopping, visiting family, etc.), uniquely connects to both WiFi and cellular (for the best coverage) and never needs to be removed to charge – so you can truly be protected 24/7. To get help, simply use your voice or the watch’s alert button or automatically via the watch’s fall detection functionality.

Any of those will immediately connect you to a 24/7 emergency response operator based in the United States with a TMA 5-Diamond and UL certification. The operator will seek to speak to you through your watch. If you are unresponsive, they can contact your emergency contacts as well as dispatch emergency services to your GPS location.

Customers are charged a one-time fee upfront along with monthly charges to cover monitoring and cellular service. The cost of the Kanega Watch is more expensive than others on the market; however, the watch’s unique fall detection, voice activation, continuous wearing and multiple connectivity features rationalize the increased expense for many wearers – particularly those turned off by neck pendants that can be more stigmatizing

The watch comes in three accent colors: rose gold, black, and champagne gold. The watch is resistant to sweat and water making it easy to wear in the shower or while exercising. The design is both sleek and discreet making it a great companion for everyday activities.

Keep reading the pros and cons of choosing the Unaliwear Kanega Watch.

The Good

• Fall Detection Machine Learning
  • 3 Ways to Get Help (Including Voice Activation)
  • 30-Day Risk-Free Trial
  • No Need to Remove to Charge
  • Wide Call Coverage

Fall Detection Machine Learning

Over time, the Kanega Watch learns your daily routines and movements to create a more accurate fall detection feature. You can also customize how sensitive you want the watch to be. The watch can detect when you’ve fallen and contact the operator to send emergency services. This automatic fall detection is a patented technology exclusive to the Kangea Watch. The technology is meant to cut back on the false fall alerts that notify medical alarm call centers even when there is no emergency.

Other companies often charge for an additional pendant whose sole purpose is to detect falls. UnaliWear offers the convenience of having these features along with others all include in one device.

3 Ways to Get Help (Including Voice Activation)

Pressing little buttons on a small watch interface can result in a frustrating experience. When you’re in an emergency situation, you need to be able to communicate quickly.  That’s why UnaliWear created a watch that uniquely offers three ways to get help – fall detection, button, and voice. You can also press the watch button to connect with the response center based in the United States. The watch wearers can also set up medication reminders in the online portal.

The watch does not require a landline or cellphone to work. The Kanega Watch has its own Wi-Fi connection and LTE technology. This gives you the freedom to leave the house without a phone while still keeping a communication device on you.

30-Day Risk-Free Trial

All purchases include a 30-day risk-free trial. That means if you are not satisfied with the product within the first 30 days of purchase, you can return the watch for a full refund. Risk-free trials show that the company believes in its product quality and value.

None of the plans include a contract. You can cancel at any time for a pro-rated refund of all the unused months paid upfront; by simply returning the equipment back to UnaliWear in good condition. The initial set-up fee is not refundable after the 30 days have passed.

No Need to Remove to Charge

One of the most convenient features of the Kanega Watch is its long-lasting charge. Each purchase comes with four rechargeable lithium batteries. You never have to worry about remembering to charge the watch at night and put it back on in the morning. Just swap out the batteries daily to stay protected.

Watch batteries are easy to replace and require minimal finger strength. There is also a backup battery in the watch that provides GPS location and enough power to make a 15-minute call or remain on standby for up to 8 additional hours.

Wide Call Coverage

The Kanega Watch stays connected to Verizon’s cellular network at all times. In addition to the cellular connection, the watch also has Wi-Fi connectivity capabilities to keep your connection strong while you’re at home. Not all homes have reliable cellular service so this Wi-Fi connectivity helps ensure fast and consistent service.

The Bad

• No Wearable Neck Pendant Options
  • Higher than Average Monthly Cost

No Wearable Neck Pendant Options

The majority of providers offer medical alert pendants you can wear around your neck or wrist. UnaliWear only sells a smartwatch, rather than wearable pendants. However, this may not be seen as a disadvantage if you prefer a smartwatch over a wearable pendant.

Expensive Monthly Cost

UnaliWear offers a quarterly and an annual payment plan. The annual plan includes an upfront cost of $199 for the watch and ongoing monitoring service for $59.95 per month. The quarterly plan is a little more expensive with a one-time fee of $299 and $69.95 per month for monitoring services.

Other medical alert smartwatches have comparable up-front prices with a range between $49.99 to $199.00. Some medical alert companies offer the equipment for free on lease and only charge you a monthly service cost. Based on our research, UnaliWear has one of the most expensive monthly service charges for its smartwatch. This is something to consider if you are trying to find an affordable medical alert option.

Note: The company offers discounts for individuals buying two Kanega watches in the same location. You can also get a free month of service if you are an AARP member or a family member of active duty military or veteran.

The Bottom Line

UnaliWear has taken medical alert smartwatches to the next level by including several exclusive features such as voice-activation, smart fall detection, and Wi-Fi compatibility. The long-lasting battery makes it easy to wear the watch day and night. Individuals won’t have to worry about forgetting to put it on every day.

The Kanega Watch is priced above other traditional medical alert products. This watch may not be the right fit for you if you have a tight budget and need a very simple medical alert pendant.

The company does not offer other medical alert devices. However, the Kanega Watch is a versatile product that works in the home or when you are outside. UnaliWear’s watch is a good fit for individuals seeking a simplified device that provides safety and independence; particularly for those looking for a fall detection device that does not require wearing a neck pendant.

Message from
UnaliWear

Unali means “friend,” and Kanega means “speak” in the Cherokee Native American language. So we aspire to be “the friend that speaks to you” and helps you stay independent with dignity.

The Kanega Watch is the only medical alert watch with built-in Fall Detection. Until her mother passed away in late 2018, Jean Anne Booth, our founder, continued to run every prototype by her mother to make sure her tech made sense in the real world. Her mother had the title of "Senior Experience Officer" – both literally and figuratively.

That's why the Kanega Watch is waterproof, voice, button and fall detection activated, and it never needs to be removed to charge (among other key features) – providing real round-the-clock peace of mind for wearers and those who care for them.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down
bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

3.8

Paula Keenan East Bridgewater, MA

I'm a 73 year old who is fortunate to enjoy reasonably good health and mobility, so I initially thought that a personal monitoring device might be something I would need "someday". However, I live alone, and came to the shocking realization that "someday" is NOW when a friend took a fall and wasn't able to get help for several hours in spite of living with family. The Kanega watch has all the features I was looking for: automatic fall detection, waterproof so I can wear it in the shower, a unique charging system that means I never have to take it off, and an attractive design. Equally important, customer service at Unaliwear has been excellent when I needed help with a couple issues that came up. I love the watch and have recommended it to several friends.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your wonderful and thoughtful review. We will share within our company to further inspire us all to continue to do our best to extend independence with dignity for our current and potential wearers.

Sep. 9th, 2022

William Bausback Philadelphia, PA

We purchased the Kanega watch for my elderly father-in-law last year. Aside from the electronics functioning perfectly, what has impressed me most about UnaliWear is the incredible level of customer service we have experienced. Their team answers questions immediately, either by phone or email. I find them to be extremely responsive, professional, and caring. If I could give 10 stars instead of the 5 maximum in this review I would do it. They have been a pleasure to work with.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind review. We are a mission-based company, dedicated to helping our wearers stay independent with dignity. Our customer service team is staffed with highly empathetic folks who really care about our wearer community. Your review will be shared internally to recognize their great work. All the best and stay well and safe.

Sep. 30th, 2022

Pat Cathedral City, CA

I feel that it was an unfortunate waste of $700. Although the concept of the UnaliWear watch was EXACTLY what we were looking for as a gift to our father, when put to use, the watch (even after having sensitivity settings changed) fall alert went off whenever my dad did yardwork or projects on the house. Because of this, he stopped wearing it at times he was at most risk of falling. The batteries fell out a couple of times so I paid for new batteries. It turned out to be a frustrating mechanism for my father. We ended up returning the watch.

Reply from UnaliWear

We are really sorry for your experience. Since we only have your first name, we can't identify your account to follow up directly with you. That said, we want to provide as helpful a response as we can here. Please contact us at 888-343-1513 for any further clarifications: 1. We don't understand your reference to $700 wasted. If you returned the watch and charger to us in good condition within 30 days, you get a 100% refund; and after that the refund is prorated. You would have had to keep the watch for almost an entire year before returning it to not get any refund - but your review indicates your father returned it rather quickly. This does not make sense. 2. It's possible that significant swings of the arms, like with extensive yardwork, could trigger the fall detection. Over time, the watch learns the wearer's movements to very much limit these. In addition, as you indicated in your review, the fall sensitivity can be adjusted remotely by our Customer Success Team. That is a feature that only exists with The Kanega Watch. We recommend reducing the sensitivity in stages, to see where the best level is for each wearer. It's possible we could have reduced it further for your father. We are sorry we did not have the opportunity to do so. 3. A very small percentage of our wearers' lose any of the four custom rechargeable batteries that come with the watch. Two batteries snap into the watch and it makes a clear clicking sound (the other two batteries stay in the charger until needing to be swapped out). We really wish your father had a better experience with his Kanega Watch. Most importantly, we hope you find a system that he will wear regularly and provide him and your family with the peace of mind you all deserve.

Oct. 1st, 2022

Martha Monastero Lincolnwood, IL

I am impressed at the sensitivity of the watch. Several times a day it will tell me it detects a fall when I have not fallen. I like that because now it has become a habit to respond correctly. I feel much safer wearing this watch.

Kevin Wood Enville, TN

Instead of pointing out the obvious of a wearable 24x7 watch I'd like to point out 2 things. My mother has had one fall since having the watch. The watch detected the fall. Fortunately she was not seriously hurt and we didn't have to get help but it brought her, and us greater confidence in the product. Secondly any issue that we had with the watch, including a replacement band, damage to the watch itself, and battery replacement for not taking charge was shipped to us typically in 2-3 days after reaching out. The customer service is wonderful, easy, and no questions asked. My mother would much rather have a leather watch band just for comfort reasons and hope that becomes available soon.

Oonagh Ross Littleton, CO

I chose Unaliwear Kanega Watch first of all because I did not want something hanging round my neck. I aery deaf and already wear round my neck a volume control device. The first day I wore it, I took it off when I went to bed and put it down on the bedside table - obviously I laid it down a little hard, but, as I was not wearing my hearing aids, I did not hear the prompt that suggests a fall. The result wa that the emergenc system set in motion a call too my daughter, she arrived sometime later (by that time I was fast asleep). As she wa assured there was no emergency, she took care of cancelling the alarm. Since then, I have had the Fall Detected alarm come on when I have made an abrupt movement, but have no had a fall. It is simple to press the button and assure there is no emergency. I had a problem with setting the batteries early on - I was probably pushing them too hard - and the service call wan answered by a very kind, clear spoken gentleman who arranged for replacements immediately. So, every dealing I have had with the company has been resolved quickly and courteously. In the spae provided for this review I cannot read back and corret any errors, you will have to do that, or show me a printout. Thank you.l for y earing aid

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your 5-star review, Oonagh. We appreciate the confidence you have in your Kanega Watch and that our Customer Success Team served you with professionalism, empathy and speed - as that is what we strive to do everyday. In addition, please note that, unlike every other medical alert system available, the Kanega Watch learns your specific movements the longer you wear it, thus reducing false fall alerts. All the best and stay well and safe.

LISA KIMBALL Kitty Hawk, NC

The batteries fell off of our first watch. The watch and band were replaced. The metal adjustable part of the new watch band is of lesser quality the the first band. I guess 'flimsy' is the word I would use. It works but it is not as formidable as the first watch.

Reply from UnaliWear

We are a bit confused by your review, as the metal part of the band of your new watch is the same as for all watches. Most people love the mesh stainless steel. All the best and stay well and safe.

Aug. 26th, 2022

Doris Oglesby Lawrenceburg, KY

I love the concept, but there have been problems with the watch itself. Battery prong broke and the casing for the attachment of the batteries to the watch began to chip away until the one side no longer made power contact. The staff was wonderful and responded to my needs immediately in a very pleasant manner, but, I now have concerns regarding reliability of the physical endurance of the watch itself.

Reply from UnaliWear

We are glad you like the concept. We have wearers who have had the same watch for over 3 years, so durability is not an issue. The main reason the batteries break is that wearers try to force the batteries into or out of the battery cases on the band. There is a very helpful instruction visual that comes with the watch and our Customer Success Team can also walk you through the best practice for changing the batteries, which should prevent this issue from happening further, if that would be helpful. All the best and stay well and safe.

Aug. 26th, 2022

BARBARA R MYERS

I have had several problems with the watch itself and am on my fourth replacement watch. Problems included microphone not working; watch draining battery power too quickly; chipped battery compartment and broken hinge. However, I do have peace of mind knowing that I can reach a live person at the monitoring service 24/7 if I am in trouble. Customer service has been excellent in providing quick responses to each problem I have had with the watch.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your kind review. We are sorry you have had the number of issues you have had with your Kanega Watch. That is not the normal experience for our wearers. We appreciate your understanding and willingness to help us resolve these issues for you promptly. We hope your experience from here on in is flawless and we can continue to provide you the discreet peace of mind that you deserve. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jul. 19th, 2022

Ellen Naor Seattle, WA

I love the Kanega watch and the extent to which it is designed and engineered for older people including those with arthritis or other dexterity issues. The only problems i have had with it are the difficulty in getting a stretchy band small enough to fit my wrist snugly while allowing it to slip over my enlarged knuckles (small magnetic mesh band is still too large); and secondly, the batteries fall out and get lost rather frequently. However, Unaliwear has always been quick to replace the batteries at no charge, and to work with me in trying to get an ok fit on the band.

Donna Wesely (for Mary Becker) Lake View, IA

My mom has been wearing the Kanega watch since Sept 2021. The watch has broken twice. The company has replaced the watch free of charge thus far which I am grateful but it seems like it broke without being abused. In the last few months, the watch is detecting falls when Mom is sitting at rest. I have watched Mom when a fall was detected and she barely moved. Another time, when we were driving it detected a fall when we went over a medium sized bump in the road. Mom gets agitated when it goes off for no apparent reason and feels like she needs to get help. One day the display on the watch was flashing the ear and vibrating or buzzing. We couldn't get it to stop by pressing the crown button so I took out both batteries until it stopped. That was really agitating her. Sometimes the volume is so low that even I can't hear it. I asked customer service what I could do to make the volume louder and they just referred me to the instructions. I never did find anything on volume but the next day it was a little louder. The representatives have been very helpful and courteous. I would rate them as excellent. When I have called to report problems with the watch, I really haven't had my questions answered. Replacement of the watch has been prompt and without hassle.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your review. Our Customer Success Team will reach out regarding your questions and concerns. You and your Mom should be having a seamless experience and we will ensure that happens going forward to the best of our ability.

Richard Strauss Chappaqua, NY

I really love my Kanega Watch. I never have to take it off, which is really comforting, and I don't have to look like an old person with an alert device around my neck. Customer service is great and I have contacted the response center through my watch several times and they are always prompt and professional. Company makes a great product and I recommend it to all my friends.

Garnet Persinger Chapel Hill north Carolina

ROSAMOND PRINCE Connellys Springs, NC

Since I hike and bike, I would never consider wearing one of those clunky pendants around my neck instead I have an attractive Kanega watch. There is no cell phone signal here, so the WiFi capability of the Kanega is extremely important I need coverage at home, and during hiking- and bicycling-time. I never have to take the watch off, (for charging or shower), so 24/7, I have help immediately. I can cancel the call, or the operator will call my emergency contacts, and if necessary, call 911. That happened recently when I stumbled badly, didn't hear the Kanega respond because I was in a building with a tin roof during a hard rain. I finally heard the watch, and was able at the last minute to tell the operator to cancel the ambulance. On two other occasions, I have been contacted to inquire if I was OK when I had fallen but didn't actually get hurt. It is such a comfort to know that there is always a quick, and courteous response to my (perceived) falls. I love that the watch has become attuned to me, and responds appropriately. So, Kanega is the perfect choice far better than the alternatives that all have to be removed for charging, have no WiFi, and/or are ugly. Plus Unali's customer service gets 6 out of 5 stars!

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words. Yes, WiFi connectivity is a huge differentiator between your Kanega Watch and all other medical alert devices that are cellular-based only. All the best and stay well and safe.

May. 31st, 2022

Carole Hart NA

Nancy Powell NA

Kt miller West Grove, PA

It is annoying as it reports a fall several times an hour. It's embarrassing and I don't want to wear it as I find it very inconvenient. I'd like to know why it has reported to me "calling operator to report fall"so,many times and most of the time I am sitting perhaps having a conversation or eating a meal at a restaurant. Id like to find an alternative

Reply from UnaliWear

We are very sorry for your experience. Please note a few key points: 1. Our Customer Success Team can lower the sensitivity of your fall detection. That will quickly reduce and likely eliminate the false fall alerts you are getting. 2. You may be confusing an alert from a fall with an alert from voice activation - where the watch thinks you asked for help. This would match where you are finding these alerts happening. For example, in a restaurant, with lots of ambient noise, it is possible the watch thought you asked for help. Again, our Customer Success Team can lower the sensitivity of your voice activation, as well. We will have our Customer Success Team reach out in hopes of connecting with you and making these adjustments. All the best and stay well and safe.

Sep. 3rd, 2022

Kristine Woodside, NY

Ever since my mother started using her watch, it has been consistent in it's monitoring. Our family feels comfort in knowing that she can get immediate support when needed.

Loren McKee Bellevue, NE

I have had multiple issues with my watch, cracked battery cases, batteries that failed to hold a charge for 24 hours, false fall detections after adjustments were made for that reason, and another issue with the webbing part of the band. The plastic material that makes up the casing of the watch is brittle and cracked lbs easily. It has detected a fall while I was sitting and the watch was motionless and a k so when I was changing batteries. It is too sensitive for anyone who is physically active, even after adjustment. The concept is great, but mire work needs to be done in the sensitivity of the watch and the quality of the materials that make up the watch. In fairness to the company, the service for repairs and time taken to make repairs has been extremely good!

Reply from UnaliWear

We are sorry for your experiences, as they are not reflective of the vast majority of Kanega Watch wearers. We are glad our customer success team has been responsive. In addition, note that the watch has two forms of automatic alerts - Fall and Voice. It's likely that the watch's voice activation went off while you were sitting motionless, not the fall detection. That said, if you contact our customer success team with the date and time of that activity, we can look at the watch logs to see what happened. We have many wearers who wear their watch while exercising and doing other physical activities and have no issues with false fall alerts. You note that the fall detection sensitivity can be adjusted, which is true. So can the voice activation sensitivity. If you would like either/both to be adjusted lower, we can do that for you. Just contact us for support. All the best and stay well and safe.

Aug. 1st, 2022

Judy Ray

They are extremely helpful and patient on the telephone for questions. Reading the numbers on the batteries is very hard to see. I keep track of batteries just put in watch and those in charger. Then I know which ones work best.

Patricia Nellen Louisville, KY

At first I had a rocky start my first watch hinge broke I was unaware and the batteries were not working correctly. I called and the batteries and watch was replaced at no charge

Mrs. Carol Pfister Palatine, IL

My watch frequently sends an alert when it shouldn't. I do prefer it to those worn around the neck. One of the contacts, James, often answeres before listening to the complete question, answers before he knows what I asked and makes noises when he is on the phone, so I am not sure what he is doing.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your review. Regarding the alerts, please note that the Voice and Fall Activation sensitivity can be customized to your preferences, which would reduce the number of alerts you are getting. Please contact our Customer Success Team if you would like to discuss those options further.

Carol Wessel Green Valley, AZ

Excellent operator support but watch goes off far too often, when there is a phone call, when there is a loud voice, when the tv is high. Sensitivity is supposed to be adjusted after the first few weeks but still having many "false alarms." Customer support for batteries and trouble shooting is excellent.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your review. The alerts you are referring to are all voice activated - and we need to reduce that sensitivity through our Customer Success Team. They will reach out shortly to discuss your options.

Arty M Landenberg, PA

What a wonder to have such technology in the palm of your hand. I spent many hours examining all the products in this category. Customer service was available to answer my questions, and to help set up the watch settings. One great feature is the ability to choose between a month to month payment plan, or choose to pre-pay for the entire year. Each of those choices have their own pros and cons. Finally, when you summon help the operator patches ALL your vital medical information to the EMS team that’s on their way. Having the UnaliWear watch is like having an ‘ON-STAR’ on your wrist.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your thoughts and review. We will pass onto our internal teams. Being a mission based company focused on helping people maintain their independence with dignity, we are truly heartened by your kind words. :)

Aug. 11th, 2022

Phyllis Schene Dallas, TX

The technology is very good but not great. While I like the mobility for being able to use these devices in the home as well as when you are out and about away from home, they are still not intelligent enough to separate regular spoken words, say while talking on the phone, from a real and demonstrated need for emergency services. These interruptions are annoying. Additionally, because the devices are made with sub-par cheap plastic, the battery clips break very often and need to be exchanged out. I really like the product idea, but its ugly, bulky and cheap materials make it something that I don't want to wear. I think they need to go back to the design team and come up with something that is intelligent and looks great with quality materials.

Reply from UnaliWear

Hi Phyllis, we do have a very small percentage of our wearers who break the battery carriers over time. Mostly this is due to improperly changing of the batteries. Please contact our Customer Success Team if we can be of help in identifying why these breakages are happening with your watch. All teh best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 28th, 2022

Patricia Peko Novelty, OH

My Mom is very happy with her Kanega watch, and it gives me peace of mind knowing she is wearing it. Unfortunately, the band broke after just a couple of months, but customer service responded and a replacement is on the way.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you, Patricia, for your kind words and 5-star review. We are so happy the Kanega Watch is providing the peace of mind that you and your Mom both deserve. All the best and stay well and safe.

Paula Kirkpatrick Decatur, GA

I have no complaints about my UnaliWear Kanega watch. I gives me and my children peace of mind as I live alone. It is waterproof so I am protected in the shower. The customer service is superior. The watch is attractive to wear. Gold stars!

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you, Paula, for your kind words and 5-star review. We are glad you are wearing it everywhere, including in the shower, to provide you and your family the peace of mind you all deserve. All the best and stay well and safe.

T James Reichardt Wimauma, FL

It's been interesting working with your great staff. After returning my first watch, you engineers made several changes allowing my new watch to be modified and personalized. In addition, I love the new design. I feel very confident with my Kanega watch. Thank you!

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your kind words and 5-star review. As you have discovered, for the small % of wearers who have issues with wearing their Kanega Watch, we have a few modifications that can make a real difference. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you to make your Kanega Watch a device that provides you with the 24/7 peace of mind you deserve. All the best and stay well and safe.

Shirley Lundin La Grange, IL

Contacts are very responsive, but the ultra-sensitivity of radiio contact has created some unnecessary alarms that have brought help when none was needed. This mornng, for example, the watch picked up a radio commentator's voice and reported it as an alarm, while we were still in bed. Responders came and woke us up. I suppose this can be considered "a learning experience."

Reply from UnaliWear

We are sorry you are experiencing this, Shirley. Note that the Voice Activation feature is listening to activate the watch if it believe it hears the wake word and Get Help - so lots of ambient noise (like a loud TV or radio over extended time) can sometimes trigger it. Note that you can contact our Customer Success Team to reduce the sensitivity of your watch's Voice Activation. We can even turn it off remotely, with your permission, if that is something you would prefer. The most important aspect of the Kanega Watch is that you wear it, so if you are finding these alerts annoying, know you have options to make it better for you and your lifestyle. All the best and stay well and safe.

Helen hopkins Sea Girt, NJ

Tonight I drove a mile from home to the boardwalk and unknown to me (no sound or beep) the watch went off calling my 3 contacts and local police to my home. Adjustment was made to desentize it two wks ago but evidently it didn't work.

Reply from UnaliWear

We are really sorry for your experience. We don't understand how an alert could be sent to the monitoring center without the watch speaking to you and providing other warnings, as designed. In addition, the monitoring center would have sought to speak to you through your watch ("UnaliWear Emergency Response, how can we help you?") and, upon not being able to speak to you, trying your primary phone number prior to reaching out to your emergency contacts. Our Customer Success Team will reach out to you today to determine any specific issues with your watch. We can also lower the sensitivity further, at your request.

Sep. 9th, 2022

Laura L

This watch is great in theory but horrible in practice. My father has had it for years, and there are constant issues from dying batteries in a matter of months to bands snapping. Yes the company offers replacements, but we have some issue almost every few months. Further, it detects falls when he's not moving at all and has failed to detect actual falls. Not giving me any peace of mind. Dad just went to check the time, and the watch is glitching yet again, the screen flickering rapidly. This company needs to hone the product they're offering, and for the price of the service, should compensate those that have stuck with them.

Reply from UnaliWear

Really sorry for you and your Dad's experience. If you call our Customer Success Team, they can reduce the sensitivity of the Fall Detection remotely. In addition, note that the watch is both Fall and Voice activated. If the watch is activating when he is not moving, it is likely due to Voice Activation and not Fall Detection. Again, that can be remedied through our Customer Success Team. Finally, the band breaks when the batteries are regularly installed and removed improperly. If you contact our Customer Success Team for the sensitivity adjustments, they can provide solutions to the band breaking (about 2% of our wearers have this issue). We hope to keep you and your Dad as part of our Community but understand this experience is not what you expected and wish it were better for you and your entire family.

Sep. 7th, 2022

Greg Knese Little Neck, NY

I bought Unaliwear for my elderly mother. It costs a small fortune. The batteries keep dying and must be replaced. Unaliwear has been very responsive and replaces them, but the device has become too much work for my mother.

Reply from UnaliWear

We are sorry to hear of your and your Mom's experience. That is not the experience of the vast majority of our wearers. The Kanega Watch is a simple plug-and-play device and should not be seen as too much work for your Mother. Please contact our customer success team at 888-343-1513 ext 1 if we can be of any further assistance.

Aug. 1st, 2022

Ralph Wendell Keesling New Castle, IN

I am always getting a response when I get in what might seem a precarious position. Since the loss of my wife and living alone and being age 93 I feel more safe from an accidental fall.

Peggy and Paul Brockington Decatur, GA

Great customer service and support, reliable device, ease of use, fact watch never needs to be taken off, easy to change batteries without ever removing watch, very caring staff.

Evan Glickstein Arlington, VA

The UnaliWear team has thought of just about everything to make their fall alert watches easy to use for my father with dementia, and they are extremely helpful in working with customers to solve unique issues.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you, Evan, for your review and kind words. All the best to you and your Dad.

Maxine Ross New Castle, PA

There are many things that I like about UnaliWear. The pre-purchase customer service was excellent. All of my questions were answered. Most important to me is the fact that the watch is able to connect to my home WIFI system. I live in a little "valley" and do not have cell service inside my home. This is the ONLY device that has this capability. Without it, I would have no protection inside my home. The watch was shipped very quickly and the customer service has been excellent since that time. I needed to have the level of the microphone adjusted and also needed a replacement battery that was sent quickly. I cannot say enough good things about this company!!

Doug Houghton Melbourne, VIC

Luckily, I remembered to put my neckless pendant on after charging it overnight on a remote charger. I fell and collapsed a lung. I woke p three days later in the ICU in the hospital. After that incident, I wanted something more pernenent than a neckless that I take off to charge. I found Kenaga. What a joy! I never take it off and only switch batteries once a day. It has automatic fall detection, verbally tells you the time and day, and reminds you to take your meds. Also, the company is fantastic. They will bend over backward to help you. I am very pleased with both the watch and service

Rich Miller West Grove, PA

Comparing all the personal alarm systems the UNALIWEAR had all the best features at a great price.

Kathie McLaughlin

This device identifies situations in which I may need medical help . I do not initiate the call for help. The watch "knows."

Sandy Sears

Shipping issues. I asked for no signature required for delivery. The watch was sent signature required therefore it was not delivered. I called and tried to talk to customer service. The agent hung up on me then would not answer. The following day I called repeatedly. They finally sent a 2nd watch. We received continuous fall alerts. Cancelled service after being told it takes 6 months for monitoring to learn habits and realize there was no emergency. After canceling I re eived a partial refund even though I was within 30 days. Had to call and get it straightened out.

Reply from UnaliWear

As we told you previously, we were really sorry for the shipping issues. All our watches are sent with signature required, for liability protection purposes. You did request to receive it with no signature and that was not handled properly by our team. And then FedEx kept bouncing the package back and forth between depots near you. As you recall, we ended up paying for 2-day FedEx to send you an entirely new watch (and working with FedEx to get the original watch back to us). We discussed with you both that the watch's voice and fall alert systems can be reduced in sensitivity to alleviate too many false alert. We also told you that as the wearer continues to wear the watch, it learns the wearers movements thereby reducing false alerts even more (this takes place over a month, not 6 months). This was a complicated return with multiple watches and we are glad you received the full refund you deserved. Thank you for trying the Kanega Watch and we hope you find a system that meets your needs and provides you with the peace of mind you deserve. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jul. 19th, 2022

Gladys T. McGarey Scottsdale, AZ

I have been wearing a kenaga watch for 6 months now. on the negative side, so far the watch has not successfully registered a fall. on the positive side, the company has been trying to resolve all issues as they arise.

George Torrez Genoa City, WI

The concept and function of the watch is great, service is great, however the watch band is needing work. I have had one replacement so far and lost three batteries since then at $36 ea. The plastic to me does not hold up.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your review. The batteries are custom made and we do charge for lost batteries (some also order extra batteries). For batteries that lose their recharge ability after approx. 18 months, there is no charge for replacement, as that is part of our all-in service. We respect your opinion regarding the band, but please note that the vast majority of our wearers get a single watch and keep it for years. We always look to make improvements, but need to be careful that changes to the watch design do not negatively effect all those that are happy with the current offering. All the best and stay well and safe.

Robert Ledogar New York, NY

The Kanega watch is the best in all categories except one, durability. I found its construction to be very fragile. The watch broke on me twice and in the end I returned it. Subsequently I got an Apple watch but that lacks the key safety features that the Kanega has. I wish that the Kanega were more robust.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your compliment. We are really sorry to lose you as a wearer in our growing community. You are one of about 2% of our community that has experienced repeated breaks of their Kanega Watch's battery carriers. Alternatively, we have many wearers who have had the same Kanega Watch for 3+ years with no breakage issues. We hope to have an option to serve you better in the near future and will proactively reach out when that is available. All the best and stay well and safe.

Aug. 12th, 2022

Rose Narvaez Kailua, HI

UnaliWear's staff is very responsive and helpful when Mom has had issues with her Kanega watch. They have been patient and quick to send another watch when needed.

SHIRLEY SANDERS Bogart, GA

It is in watch form rather than a necklace type. It works giving a fall alert if a fall occurs. Customer service is responsive, easy to work with. Kanega works.

Claire J. Statz Prairie Du Sac, WI

It monitors me wherever I am. Easy to understand, will give you an option to either talk to it or use the crown button to cancel, as it is very sensitive to some movements.

Reply from UnaliWear

Thank you for your kind words and 5-star review. Note we are the only medical alert system available where the Fall Detection sensitivity can be customized for the wearer. If you are finding it too sensitive, please contact our Customer Success Team who can reduce this remotely, if that is something you would like to do. All the best and stay well and safe.

Katherine Ann Nagel Snellville, GA

Have had to have the watch replaced 2 times and the 3rd watch is falling apart. This is all within one year. The at least 2 of the batteries split apart with 7 months and then another cracked and would shortly fail. I had to replace batteries 2 or 3 times a day which is crazy. I also decided I did not want to pay $60.00 per month for monitoring. If the watch had tracked steps or any other health function I may have get it. It just wasn't worth the trouble for me to keep it.

Reply from UnaliWear

Sorry for your experience, Kathy, and to lose you as a Kanega Watch wearer. We have many wearers who have had their Kanega Watch for a number of years with no issues, no breakages of any kind. 2-3% of our wearers do have issues - mainly due to forcing the batteries into and out of their carriers; which can cause breakages over time. As you likely discovered, we have a pretty generous replacement policy when this occurs. We hope you find an alternative system that keeps you well and safe.

Tricia Baughman Phoenix, AZ

I have severe migraine neck issues which prevent me from wearing a typical fall detection device around my neck so, the Kanega watch is my best solution. It does tend to be over-reactive to supposed verbal requests for help among other things; however, the comfort of being able to be in 24/7 contact with their customer support system more than makes up for it. Also, while they tell you that the batteries will last 24-36 hours, in my experience over the past year plus… that is definitely a stretch! It would be nice if batteries lasted longer AND if there was some way to charge it in your car instead of only being able to charge it in an electrical outlet.

Reply from UnaliWear

We are happy that the Kanega Watch gives you a medical alert option that works for you given your neck issues. Regarding the over-reaction to voice activation, please contact our customer success team if you'd like us to reduce the sensitivity of your voice activation, which would alleviate that issue. In addition, the batteries are designed to last 24-36 hours on a full charge - the lower number is for those that are mostly out of the house on cellular all day and the higher number is for those that are mostly at home on WiFi (which drains the batteries more slowly). If you are finding that is not your experience, please contact our customer success team for troubleshooting and assistance. All the best and stay well and safe.

Jun. 29th, 2022

Mary DeJong Delray Beach, FL

I love my watch. Previously I had a different medical alert company which entailed a base station, a pendant which was awkward to wear at night and never wore it during the day, and a unit to carry if I fell or got lost. I hated the whole experience. Now I have all that by just wearing my watch. I definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a medical alert system.

paul emch Solon, OH

I have had one of the Unaliwear watches for about a year. i have been pleased with their response to my questions and requests. zi needed a set of batteries and they appeared in a couple of days, I had damaged my watch and they replaced it quickly and at no charge. Their monitoring service is very effective. I was on my garden tractor mowing the lawn and the tractor bouncing caused the watch to detect a fall. The noise of the tractor engine drowned out the alarm on the watch. My wife came outside to let me know that the dispatch center had gotten an alert from the watch and wanted to be sure that I was ok. It worked as described in their literature. I have been pleased with the device and the support. Paul Emch