As a psychologist and gerontologist, Andrew S. Dibner founded Lifeline Systems in 1974 to give elderly persons a viable solution to getting emergency medical help. The company initially sold its services to commercial entities, such as hospitals and other healthcare facilities, and has since transitioned to selling directly to consumers.

Lifeline Systems became Philips Lifeline in 2006 when it was acquired by the Philips company, adding products to its home care line. Today, Philips Lifeline remains one of the top medical alert services in the United States, having served over seven million customers.

The company's monitoring fee starts at $29.95 with no long-term contract and all equipment includes a one-year warranty. Read Philips Lifeline reviews below to see what consumers have to say about the medical alert provider.

#1 Medical Guardian chevron_right
#2 MobileHelp chevron_right
#3 One Call Alert chevron_right

The Good

• Fall Detection
  • Philips Lifeline Cost
  • Response Center
  • Variety of Medical Alert Packages
  • Strong Brand
  • Worry-Free Batteries
  • Waterproof Devices
  • Easy Installation & Optional Installation Assistance

Fall Detection

The major highlight of Philips Lifeline's medical alert system is its Fall Detection feature. AutoAlert uses smart sensors to identify a fall and automatically send an alert to Philips Lifeline if a fall is detected. This means customers don't have to worry about pushing their medical alert button themselves, especially if when they fall, they are unable to move. The emergency responders in Philips Lifeline monitoring center will be notified immediately and will send immediate help without the customer having to do anything. There is also two-way communication in the medical alert pendant, so you can speak to the emergency operators directly if desired.

Philips Lifeline Cost

Depending on the product subscription selected, Philips Lifeline's monthly fee ranges from $29.95 to $64.95 for round-the-clock monitoring and emergency dispatch services. There is an equipment fee of $149, but there is no activation fee or long-term contract. Having a dependable medical alert service could reduce the possibility of emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and medical complications from a fall.

Free Shipping and No Activation Fee

Customers are eligible for free activation and free shipping if they call Philips Lifeline assistance representatives and give them the code "X2HW." This makes the company's medical alert system that much more affordable for senior citizens and/or caregivers purchasing one for a family member.

No Long-Term Contracts

Philips Lifeline does not require customers to sign any long-term contracts in exchange for its products and services. This can provide peace of mind for people who want the freedom to cancel their medical alert services if need be.

Response Center

Philips Lifeline offers monitoring 24/7, 365 days a year through its North America-based Response Center that supports multiple languages. Professional Response Associates are specially trained for emergency response situations and will help any medical alert owner whether it is an emergency or a false alarm.

Variety of Medical Alert Packages

Philips Lifeline offers in-home and on-the-go medical alert systems. The on-the-go systems include mobile solutions with six locating technologies, including GPS and Wi-Fi, to help locate the medical alert customer simply and quickly. Philips Lifeline's alert pendant, base station, and other equipment for all of its offered packages are rigorously-tested medical grade and FDA-listed. Package details are below:

HomeSafe Standard

• Coverage for at home and away from home
  • Water-resistant pendant
  • Auto alert fall detection
  • Location technologies
  • Two-way communication through the medical alert device
  • Wireless connection only

Strong Brand

Philips Lifeline has more than a century of experience in health and technology and has been the leader in medical alert systems since 1974. Philips Lifeline is a BBB accredited business.

Worry-Free Batteries

The emergency button has a long battery life. The communicator has up to 30 hours of battery backup, which gives you access to help even during power outages. Philips Lifeline automatically replaces the battery for the HomeSafe products when needed. The GoSafe products have a year warranty, but the user is responsible for replacing the battery when needed.

Waterproof Devices

Philips’ medical alert devices are water resistant and work in the bath or shower where falls are common. This gives customers extra protection and makes it so they don't have to worry about taking the medical alert device on and off.

Easy Installation & Optional Installation Assistance

The product comes with an easy step-by-step voice-guided installation process. Upon request, Philips Lifeline can send a skilled technician to your home to ensure that everything is installed properly and that the system is securely connected to the monitoring center.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

The Bad

• Range/Distance Limitations
  • Installation Service Charge

Range/Distance Limitations

Philips Lifeline doesn’t have a specific range for its products. The range varies depending on the location of the communicator and the specifications of the house itself. The company also warns that the range in and around your home must be tested. GoSafe personal alert system is covered anywhere with AT&T service, but the range varies depending on cell tower coverage in that particular area. However, this is to be expected with most medical alert devices.

Installation Service Charge

The optional installation help does require a one-time fee. A trained Philips Lifeline technician will come to your home and set-up your system and medical alert device for you. They will call you to schedule a two-hour time slot that works with your schedule. However, you can also have the equipment mailed to you so you can set it up yourself for no additional cost.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

The Bottom Line

Philips Lifeline is a medical alert provider that most people recognize, and the quality of their equipment could be the reason why. The company has a trusted reputation for building quality medical alert systems that include the best technologies and design. Philips Lifeline uses AT&T networks to connect to Mobile or GPS Systems. Philips Lifeline subscribers can enjoy more confidence and peace of mind, even while they're away from home.

Unlike many medical alert companies, Philips Lifeline does not require long term contracts or an activation fee. The equipment is easy to install and you can even have a Philips Lifeline technician install it for you if you would prefer assistance. Read Philips Lifeline reviews below to learn more about the customer experience.

2.9

Susan Bray

August 7th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The salesman was patient and helpful. I had to wait weeks for my equipment due to recent circumstance not the companies’ fault. But once it arrived and I needed help testing my apartment for coverage and setting up service, THE AGENY WAS IMPATIENT SURLY ABRUPT AND RUDE!!!! AVOID THIS SERVICE! TRY ANOTHER ONE!I

John Lindsey

July 20th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rude is an understatement. just another company taken Advantage of the Elderly... Sign up was great . After that forget it. AND YOUR PRODUCT WAS MAILED BACK TO YOU. 7/20/20

Lori Bermani

July 16th, 2020 Salem, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What I like best about the Company is that this Lifeline has a GPS. I have reached out to the high end executives to the point of absolutely no communication. In Dec. of 2019, I got Lifeline Philips pendant. That was 7 months ago. I got a serious allergic reaction to the plastic that slid under my nightgown one night about 7 days after getting the device. My chest blew up into red blistering hives ,and the plastic like bead that is attached to the necklace also blew up the side of my neck with a huge red hive. I ended up ordering little pouch bags made of cotton to keep my pendant in. Is there anyone out there that can actually call me, communicate with me ? All I can say is your Customer Service is the worst. Don't invest a dime into this Company !!!!

Menescardi Mary

June 11th, 2020 Airdrie, AB DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mom is in the hospital with a broken hip. LIFFELINE DIDN'T GO OFF ON ANY OF THE 6 OR MORE FALLS SHE HAD IN THE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!! One of the falls was outside the range. They replaced the pendant in November. It still didn't work on May 1. They gave me a bunch of excuses before-she must have broken the fall, it wasn't a hard fall,...she broke her hip-is that a hard enough fall without it going off? It was over her blouse, lose and did nothing. The supervisor called me back on my cell-told them to only call it in emergencies. It's been about 3 weeks and they still haven't dealt with it. After waiting and waiting, the rudest girl Laticia said she would talk back in the tone. Her supervisor Joe said he'd talk to her and get back to me. He left an extension that had no voice prompt for. I had to call back and they said his phone was off and they couldn't take a message. Then when I called back the next day, his phone just kept ringing and ringing-no voicemail. I asked to speak to his supervisor since I can't reach him, she left a voicemail yesterday. I called back, but didn't get through. I called today as I don't know what we have paid for all these years when it doesn't work and was told by Linda, another rude woman, that there are many files; one is cancelled and one shows pending installation. She said she'd call me back in 2 minutes. Almost 2 hours passed before she left a voicemail that the account had been cancelled and a shipping label would be sent. MOST OLD PEOPLE WON'T REMEMBER TO PRESS THE BUTTON, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH DEMENTIA. THAT WAS WHY WE GOT AUTOFALL THAT NEVER WORKED. This company should be ashamed of themselves for selling a defective product, charging for something that doesn't work, horrible customer service with rude staff and a lack of getting back to customers within a reasonable time. I have to deal with so many doctors and hospital staff and then have the stress of trying to deal with this unprofessional company.

Jane

April 23rd, 2020 Calgary, AB DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My Mother in Law lived in Ontario for more than 101 years. She died in October 2019. She lived a full and wonderful life and was smart, funny, engaged and engaging. She lived alone in an apartment for the last 23 years of her life. She didn't want to go to a Nursing Home but she was very afraid of falling. In 2002 we got her a Phillips Lifeline and in 2018 we upgraded it to an Auto Alert Fall Detection system. WE WERE NOT ADVISED THAT THE SYSTEM DID NOT ALWAYS DETECT A FALL. We spent over $8,500.00 during that period, worth every penny for peace of mind. Or so we thought. In October, Mom fell in her bedroom and broke her arm. She lay on the floor for more than 24 hrs, was taken to the hospital eventually after a relative raised the alarm, was quite " with it" as she spoke to the Doctors and the Nurses. She died the following morning. She was wearing her Phillips Lifeline and it failed her. I tested the pendant a few days later by dropping it, throwing it and pushing the button. There was no response from Lifeline. They sent Mom's equipment to the States for testing. The equipment came back in November and I am still waiting for the report, 6 months later. Here's what we would like you to know THE FALL DETECTION MONITOR HAS A KNOWN FAILURE RATE AND PHILLIPS HAS A RESPONSIBILITY TO ITS CLIENTS TO MAKE THEM AWARE OF THIS BEFORE THEY CHOOSE PHILLIPS. Mom may have chosen a Retirement Home vs lying on the floor for more than 24 hrs with a broken arm, unable to move. Please let your loved ones know this so that they can make an informed choice.

Rita Tebbe

March 25th, 2020 Godfrey, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been trying to login in to their website for weeks. I have called customer service and they do not seem to be able to grabs the concept that their login page is not working. After several weeks I received an email that said they resolved the issue. So I tried to login and was unsuccessful. So I called customer service support and after holding for about 10 minutes I was able to talk to a technical support person who finally informed me that their login page does not work with the Firefox browser which the browser I use. So I was told to use Google Chrome and after trying to login while I was on the phone with the technician I was not able to login even after trying to reset my password. They are supposed to call me back. I guess I will wait to see if that really happens.

BJS

January 16th, 2020 Winter Haven, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a necklace that does not require a base unit. Communication is through the necklace. This gives me freedom around my home or anywhere in the country where there is cell phone service. I had an incident a few months ago where I passed out. Help was called; my contact was called and I was transported to the hospital. Customer service has been great.

Rebecca Wamsley

September 26th, 2019 Mill Creek, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are very happy with our service. My husbands uncle recently had an amputation of the leg and he lives alone. We live about a mile from him but we are a busy family. He recently fell and this helped him get timely help. Thank goodness I urged him to get it. Last time he fell with no button he laid there for 4 hours because he couldn't get around to a phone. This is a life saver for us and now makes us worry less. We don't have to worry about leaving the state. We are the only family members who care for him. Great peace of mind to have.

Tom Bearrows

August 31st, 2019 River Forest, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company I've ever dealt with. Rude customer service. They refuse to make anything easy. Oh and btw, they're not cheap. Avoid them at all costs.

Bonnie Vanciel

August 27th, 2019 Garland, TX

Service is useless!’ When they call you to let you know that your family member pushed the button, they have no CALLER ID that says Phillips Life Line is calling.. Just random #’s show up on your phone from all over the US. So you have to answer every # that shows up on your phone. With the scam calls and telemarketing calls that I get, I don’t answer a number that I don’t recognize. Therefore they just leave a message l!!! This is a Serious issue !!!! The service that we were using and paying $28 a month said LIFE-STATION WHEN THEY CALLED. So you immediately knew there was a issue with a family member. The Phillips is free with my mothers insurance so that’s why we changed to Phillips. BIG MISTAKE. You get what you pay for, as the old saying goes!! Until Phillips fixes this major detail I wouldn’t advise using their service!

Shezma

July 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I chose Philips Lifeline because I had heard good things about them, but no one had warned me how terrible they are in returning your call when you have to cancel their service and their payment charges increase from month to month?! I signed up my father to use their service almost 3 months ago. My father has been in the hospital for over 2 months and I have been calling Philips Lifeline several times to hold/discontinue the service until my father is discharged from the hospital. I have had to stay on hold on the phone for several minutes to almost an hour after selecting an option to hold/discontinue their service. No one so far has answered my several calls. Not just that, there’s an option to leave them a voicemail for a call back. I have left them several messages in the last few days to call me back. I still have not heard back from them!! I just noticed today that they withdrew a payment from my credit card for this month (July 2019) and the amount withdrawn is more than what they had charged me in June 2019. I am thinking about taking a further action since they are not returning my calls. My recommendation is sign up for Philips Lifeline but only if you are going to stay with them forever because they will not return your calls if you have to hold or discontinue their service!

Linda Q

June 6th, 2019 Mansfield, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give zero stars I would. Very poor experience with Customer Service. Expedited shipment never received! Talked to three different reps all of which were useless. Promises to track down my expedited shipment and call me back were broken. I was transferred to a retention rep and he assured me he would help get this resolved. I was given his direct line and told to call him the next day. He needed time to research my order. He never answered his phone and never returned my calls after leaving several messages. Another Customer Service rep told me she would personally call me in the morning once she tracked down the order. I never got that call. How do these people sleep at night knowing they are deceiving people? Very low confidence in this company due to this experience. If they can't handle something as simple as this, makes me skeptical about their response time to actual alerts.

Nancy Benedict

February 20th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Philips lifeline request by mail a payment for 129.00 dollars which I was glad to pay for them, their company without authorization use my checking account to withdrawal 33.00 dollars per month,Just recently for the amount of checking my account notice they charge me for the month of february twice 33.00 dollar x two.please be aware.

cclouca

December 5th, 2018 Monterey, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a paying subscriber for approximately two years. I have discontinued my service due to their lack of response to my request to relocate my in-home unit and provide me with a wrist alert bracelet which would replace my pendant. I had a recent fall this weekend and due to a neck injury, I am unable to wear my pendant. I contacted Phillips Lifeline to help me with my request, but I was informed because I subscribed with a local service league, I had to contact them for my service needs. I explained the local service league didn’t have the installers schedule, therefore they could not help me with an appointment. Would Phillips help me instead? The answer was, no. I pay my monthly fee faithfully for a service aide which didn’t help when I needed it. I find Phillips lack of response unacceptable. I am trying to remedy my situation before I fall again. To add insult to my issue they are charging me for the full month of December and my service is ending tomorrow December 5th. Buyer beware!!! Basically, medical alert systems are the same. It’s “customer service “ I need to focus on.

Rob R

December 2nd, 2018 Lumberton, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a system (NOV20) for my parents with the sales fellow over the phone. I agreed to the express shipping so that they would arrive quickly, as my mom had just had a heart attack and my dad a stroke the week before that. They are home and recovering and we needed to know that they would have an alarm if one of them "went down". The units finally arrived 9 days later. I had inquired by email with the salesperson in the interim to see what had occurred but never did get a response. As my dad put it, "if these guys can't get back to an email or get the RUSH shipping out in under 8 days, then I don't think we should be entrusting them to our life and death situations". Valid point!! We are returning the LifeLines and will find another supplier

Sheryl

December 1st, 2018 Easthampton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer service is horrible. I called Lifeline to cancel my parents service. I was on hold for 27 minutes. Tried 3 different numbers and after feeling very frustrated I hung up and decided to called back and pretend I wanted to purchase a system and they answered right away. A company that is this size needs to hire more people to answer their phones.

Marie Thorne

November 2nd, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give 0 if I could. I was given the home monitor device by my insurance company. Awful. Had it 2 weeks & already fed up. The speaker box is the ONLY way to talk to them. It sounds muffled & they must be in a foreign country because I can not understand a word they say. If they are speaking, they won't hear you. If you are out of the speaker box's short range OR in patio or garage with door closed, it may not pick up your signal & they definitely don't hear you. They said don't wear it in the shower because button is not waterproof! REALLY? That's where one falls the most! If there is noise in the house, they won't hear you through the speaker box, so never watch TV.

Doreen Cran

September 21st, 2018 Cheshire, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If they are busy response times have been up to four minutes. Lied to about response times. Not trustworthy or safe. Customer service unsatisfactory, actually brutal at times. Installer never available and never had spare equipment to change out in an emergency. Can you imagine waiting 4 minutes while your loved one strokes infront of you? That was my experience and multiple times testing response time was never less than 3 minutes. Don't do it.

Philips Lifeline Logo

Reply from Philips Lifeline

Oct 03, 2018

Hi Ms. Cran, I apologize for the poor experience you have a had with Philips Lifeline. This is not the level of satisfaction we strive to provide for our customers. We take our customer complaints very seriously, and would like to look into what you have described. I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information. Thanks in advance! Meagan - Philips Lifeline

Donald Cox

August 31st, 2018 Burbank, CA

After my wife passed away, my daughters said they wanted me to have someone to contact me if I needed help. They investigated Philips Lifeline, and decided it was the very best....so, we called and purchased the unit that will allow me to go anywhere in the United States and have the coverage. When I went to Florida, for my Granddaughter's wedding, I notified Lifeline to let them know I was in Florida (I live in California). Since my daughters were at the wedding, I had a Responder there, in case they needed to contact Lifeline. THIS IS THE BEST INSURANCE ANYONE TO RECEIVE! I feel I am totally covered for any mishap I may have. I had to wait for my unit to receive, but it was really worth it. I recently discussed this with my sister (who lives alone in another town), and she is going to subscribe foe this service. I anyone lives alone it is the best insurance for that person and their family. I would recommend Philips Lifeline to everyone.

Brenda

February 15th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am very sorry I ordered this service. My mother has not even received the the unit and I am already worried about what kind of service this is going to be, We ordered the unit on the Jan 30 and are still waiting and was told it was shipped on the Feb 12 and she has slower mail so it will be at least 3 weeks. They sure make it sound like they care in their sales pitch. I wish I would of read the reviews before I called them it sounds like others are having the same problem.

Mark

February 4th, 2018 Southington, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If there were negative stars I would click those instead. This company is so bad they can’t even send you equipment. They always claim it’s on “back order” when in fact I did some research it’s defective poorly made equipment. Then when you finally do get equipment they recall it. This company is terrible. Do you research cause there are other, BETTER companies out there.

Cheryl Miles

February 2nd, 2018 Boerne, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ive been subscribing to Phillips for my 83 year old fatherinlaw for almost 2 years. Hes fallen hard several times and they never called him but he said he got up within a minute. Then in December 2017 the necklace portion that holds the button broke and he requested a new necklace portion. Two weeks passed and he had not received anything. My husband and I both called separately and they finally overnighted a new necklace supposedly. What he received was another button. We called again and they told us to send all the equipment back and they would replace everthing. We sent back all the equipment and he next received another button and base but no charger. I called again and spoke with Lillian who initially was combative but then when I also got upset she calmed down and told me she would have a technician call my fatherinlaw and set up an appointment within 48 hours to come to my fatherinlaws house and make sure he was set up with correct equipment. This afternoon 48 hours has passed and my fatherinlaw has not received a call from anyone. My husband then called them to cancel and held 20 min to get thru to someone who then sent him to cancellation department where he held another 15 min. The person my husband talked to refused to review the massive amount of notes and when my husband tried to go over everything with him, he became confrontational. They dont even have notes where we sent back all the equipment and told my husband we would be charged $400 if the equipment wasnt sent back which we sent 2 weeks ago. Ive called the credit card company and blocked charges from them. Do not entrust your elderly loved ones with them. This has been a comedy of errors.

Ana

January 31st, 2018 Southborough, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have subscribed to Lifeline for my 89 year old father. In a few months, I have received two calls from Philips, saying that the service is to be stopped because the funding discountinued. The first time I got the call I felt totally lost as I do not understand why the patient has to deal with the funding issue and it was only one month after the subscription. I called the insurance anyway to resolve it. Today I have received the same call again that is only three months after the last one. Do other subscribers who are in need of the service get threatened from time to time that the service will stop due to funding? Isn't Philips' job to renew the funding with the insurance company when needed? It is simply too much for the patient to deal with the funding renewal every three months. Philips should have a policy and system in place to resolve the funding issue. It is not the patuents' job! Do other subscribers experience the same problem? Also, I just realized now that there is a fall feature with the Lifeline that was never presented to me. My father did have a fall at home. I just learnt about it from reading other subscribers' reviews, which actually made me concerned about the dependability of the Lifeline.

R. Alpano

January 13th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Philips Lifeline Canada is not dependable in that it does not deliver the promised services, as proven by the following incident and also by other false alarms and undetected falls in our experience. Case in point: 1. Failure to send an ambulance to my father's home, upon receiving alert that he fell down. 2. Company noted and communicate the incorrect information to Police as to where my father's lockbox was located False "falling" alarms. Hence, the police could not get access to enter the house. Poor customer service. Calls to Supervisor were not returned. Official complaint letter sent to supervisor was also not replied to. Philips Lifeline is not dependable in that it does not deliver the promised services has poor customer service and has equipment which constantly raise false fall detection alarms.

Philips Lifeline Logo

Reply from Philips Lifeline

Jan 16, 2018

We are very sorry to hear of the frustrating experience you have been having with Philips Lifeline - Canada. I have passed your review along to them and someone from the Canadian division will be reaching out to you. Best, Philips Lifeline Customer Experience Team

L. Hanko

December 16th, 2017 Yulee, FL

My mother has had Life Line for over 15 years. She has used it twice with immediate results. Every month, central monitoring contacts her to check the system out and see if she is OK, then they call me (as primary contact) to report her status. She is 94, lucid and healthy but with a mobility problem. She loves her Life Lock service, and so do I.

Donna Downing

September 11th, 2017

I was referred to Lifeline by the owner of a company providing at-home services. I did my own research, an decided to go with Lifeline. That was four years ago. I have needed it a few times. I needed help from a few falls. I bumped it in the super market, and I got a prompt call asking if I needed help. I wish there were a way to merge the Medic Alert information and Lifeline.

B C

September 1st, 2017 MD

First tried a different company and didn't like the type of pendant that didn't look strong, but worst tried testing it a couple of times and the response took too long and at the third time they kept me on hold. Needless to say, I switched companies immediately and tried Philips Lifeline. Very satisfied so far. Has been using them for over a year. Can use them in Puerto Rico and they connect with the landline and my cell network there. I life in Texas. As far as service very prompt and responsive. By the way, used them before for mother in law. I like they have the GPS to locate and the fall detection feature. Will likely recommend.

WILLIAM PRENTISS BROWN

August 17th, 2017

I subscribed for Philips Life Line for my 94 year old mother for over a year. The sales agent did an effective job of up selling for the fall safe feature. on May 21, 2017, my mother fell in the middle of the night and it was a hard fall on a tile floor. Unfortunately, the alert did not go off, and my mother passed away on the floor. I phoned the service to have the billing stopped and relayed my situation to the agent. She said that she would have a manager call me for a course of action. I am still waiting for a call. I am struggling with the thought of my mother passing away on the floor alone.

Loretta Jiran

August 12th, 2017 Bay Shore, NY

My mother and my Aunt have the service and is fast and reliable. My Aunt at 94 is still Mobil so she has the GoSafe and has used it away from her home with great communication and fast service. It's comforting fir us to know our mother and aunt have a strong health care company like philips to help them when they need it and we aren't available.

steven stanley

July 29th, 2017

I had been a customer for 2 years. When my 88 year old grandmother went to the hospital and lost her life alert, I called them on July 14th and was told that I would receive the new life alert the next day. It never came and I called back and was told it would be on back order and would receive it in 10 days. It never came and I called again and they said it was never shipped and would be on backorder. It still never came and my grandmother went over two weeks with no support and we were lied to twice. If you lose your equipment they will not replace it in a timely manner we changed companies and are now with CVS.

Trish Doran

July 13th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI

My Mother fell recently and Philips lifeline sent the rescue team to the wrong address. I had changed your address back to her home state after she spent the winter in the south with me. They sent them to the address in the south. I corrected it with them then rechecked in a week and they still had the address wrong. Thank goodness I am one of the responders on her account and was able to get someone to her house to assist her. I only found out about the mistake because a neighbor stopped them from breaking down my door because he knew we were out of town.

Gail Eehling

July 1st, 2017 Canton, OH

All checked items ave been dealt with through time. Very dependable!

Karan Dennis

June 18th, 2017

My mother's device that had fall detection in it failed. They sent a replacement that looked the same but didn't have fall detection in it. We found out the hard way yesterday.

Dortha Headrick

June 10th, 2017 Moscow, ID

I have been well satisfied with my unit. Had numerous trips to ER since purchase which came to me thru a local nursing home center. Actually get check-in calls when my necklace was too active during the night when I got up for a bathroom visit so it is a good unit for me. Works well in my area as far as I know and very well for me at any rate. They came one day and even told me my battery needed changing and they changed the necklace more than once too. I NOW do not need a land line for it tho still have one which I wouldn't let go of for any reason. Highly recommend my Phillip's unit. Local ambulance came several times when called since I got the unit.

Irene B. Hembree

June 4th, 2017

Have called customer service three times trying to get the backup battery service, it's been out over a month. Each call was promised a service call but no one has replied.

George Amazeen

May 30th, 2017

I had the regular service 2 weeks and fell two times within 3 weeks.I then decided to to obtain the "fall" service which saved me from a serious fall where I blacked out. The emergency response came and took me to ER. I could have laid in bath room a long time before I was found if not for FALL button..

Susan Baker

May 28th, 2017

No problems. Only one emergency. Great service!

Doris L Schuetz

May 7th, 2017

I upgraded my service to the GPS option. I've fallen several times and it called me no matter where I was. I live in IL and was in Phoenix by myself staying in a hotel. I fell on the ceramic floor in the bathroom. I was able to get up and knew I didn't have any injuries so I didn't push the call button. In a matter of a few minutes I heard a voice clearly say my name and then said "Doris, you fell didn't you." Yes I did. I was shocked with the speed in which they called me. I was in Phoenix with my home base in IL and the person calling me was in Boston. That is the service I hoped for and they delivered. I would not be without my GPS system. I can't say enough about Phillips Lifeline.

Cathy

April 13th, 2017 Charlotte, NC

My family used this for our father and it was an awesome product. Dad fell a number of times and within a few seconds Phillips Lifeline was calling his house. They also notified me or my sister. There was never any issue of range and even worked in Dad's back yard. This product worked so well that my husband and I got the same system for his mother in Connecticut. The pendent or wristband is fully waterproof so it can be worn in the shower and never has to come off. When my dad finally had to go into assisted living, Phillips made it easy to return the equipment and stopped the billing immediately.

Cynthia Bassett

March 21st, 2017 Tampa, FL

When deciding on an alert system, I spoke with a representative of LifeLine and thought they had what I needed for my 91-year old mother. However, when I received the system, the agreement stated I needed a land line. I explained I needed a mobile system since she stays at my sisters part of the time. I was told I could send it back if it was not what I needed, which I did. When Life Line called, I explained why I sent it back and was told I would have to pay $50 (I was told there was no cancellation fee). Luckily I paid no money up front. The person on the phone became very angry wanting to know why I didn't call the before I sent it back. Because the unit did not meet my needs, when I clearly explained the situation, I didn't feel I needed to contact them. This was one of the rudest people I have every talked to and he insisted they would bill me any way. Send the invoice and then when it is not paid go ahead and turn it over to a credit agency to collect from my 91-year old mother. I would never do business with a company who harasses you because you declined their service. I actually had to hang up on him. I've been in customer service a long time and you never speak that way to a customer - right or wrong.

Glenda Drebick

January 15th, 2017 Olympia, WA

I like my Lifeline. It seems to be great but I have nothing to compare it with as it is the only one I have had. I think the piece that goes around my neck is not the most attractive thing and beings it is material will get dirty faster than other material although it does not hurt my neck. The only complaint I have is that when I tried the device to see if it worked well while down town, it seemed to take quite awhile before the receiver talked to me. I understand they call the home device first before the device I am wearing. Seems like a long time but perhaps waiting seems longer than it really is.

Ana

January 7th, 2017 Hingham, MA

Terrible!!!!! Be prepared to be on hold for a minimum of 15 minutes when you are notified regarding an emergency regarding a loved one. There is no way to find out what is happening. There is only one person answering the phone, Katie. I drove all the way to my mothers' house before I could get through to the service to find out that she was ok and reported that to them once I got through. I recommended that they cancel emergency services. However, as I found out from the neighbor, services had already gone there and had left. No one informed me of that when I was on the phone with them. It was unclear whether they even knew. There was not a call back to me to indicate what had transpired. When I called back I was put on hold for over 1 hour by a supervisor called Jamal, and was not allowed to speak to the person I originally communicated with (Crystal). I was told that the number I was given to call back was not the emergency number, but they would not give me an emergency number. When I pressed, I was given a number which apparently was the customer service number that is only available during business hours Mon-Fri. This incident occurred late on Fri night. Terrible response!!!

Irene Holmeide

January 6th, 2017 Sullivan, WI

I have two major occurrences when lifeline did not respond when needed. There were excuses each time ,"technical" issues and address mix-up etc. One time I had to be transported to a hospital so it was a true emergency (September 2016). For me the service is unacceptable, I have subscribed for about 16 months, but will be canceling.

Ron Pauluh

December 14th, 2016 Dover, TN

After checking the other 'top' three, I don't understand why this one isn't listed as the top #1. There is no advantage to the other three over Philips Lifeline. This is my mothers and she's 94. Already has had five (5) excellent immediate responses. I can see no value in the scores when compared to actual situations. I'd rate it at 10 and that is rated on actual responses not hypothetical situations.

Marie Ries

November 13th, 2016

This product is pricey but you get what you pay for. I am a retired design engineer & this company has taken care of EVERY little detail from the point of view of manufacture, repair, replacement, call service & customer needs. I have had this for 8 years now.

Jim Irwin

November 9th, 2016

Button is a little sensitive. Cost is a little high.

Robin Campiglia

October 6th, 2016 Watsonville, CA

They took 2 payments in one month - last July. Not able to contact their billing dept at all. There is no number and the customer reps cannot connect to it. I have called several times to leave a message and they do not return the call. I recently switched to auto payments and now the account is 2 months behind. But like I said there is no way to communicate with billing and the customer reps have no info to give. I am thinking about changing companies

jerry key

July 11th, 2016 Oak Ridge, TN

the people i have talk to eather by phone or i hit my button by mistake was always freindley nice and understanting and i want to say thank you

Lorna Golmis

September 28th, 2015 Reno, NV

I was travelling from Las Vegas to St George, UT and received a call from my son-in-law that the Paramedics and police were outside the St Geo home. I thought I must have pushed the pendent by mistake, but the puzzling thing was that no one ever responded to me. I was wearing the pendent and it was fully charged. My daughter in Reno, NV also called me. The pendant was supposed to know where I was and obviously failed. At 8:10 pm I pushed the pendent as I was driving and never received a response. I pushed the button several time over the next hour and each time I got a voice message that the call was in process to hold. I never got an answer. Later when I entered the Virgin River Gorge and I pushed the button, I was told there was no service. I understand that as the is no AT&T serve in the Gorge (only Verizon and Sprint). I called the next day and was told that I needed to carry the Base Unit with me when I traveled away from home for more than a day. Can't imagine what use it would be while I'm driving. I feel that I should be refunded for the purchase price of the pendent and at least the last month of service. When I cancelled my service I was told that I you would not refund the cost of the pendent because the 30 days had expired. I feel that this refund is due me since while the system did not malfunction within that period, it obviously did MALFUNCTION. It is very fortunate that I was not suffering a heart attack and rely on your service. I WOULD BE DEAD.

Jane Harmon

January 27th, 2015 Dallas, TX

I have been blessed to have a Lifeline since the early 80's. Always great service. It is the choice of state Medicaid programs and so many agency providers, for good reason. While I'm comforted that help is not far away, I'm also comforted by Lifeline's measured response. If I knew that I had a button to call 911, but I would land in the hospital as a result, I would probably never press that button! I feel so much better that when I press my Lifeline button, we can discuss my need. Better that my neighbor comes over, opens the door with her key, helps me up, gets my medication or whatever I need, stays with me until the issue is solved, and we're done. Ambulance, fire depot and hospital when necessary, family, friend or neighbor otherwise. Better use of city services, better for me. That makes the Lifeline choice easy.