Started in 1951, Bay Alarm Medical has over six decades of experience providing monitored security services to over 100,000 customers in the United States. Bay Alarm Medical is a subsidiary of a family-owned business. The company's focus is meeting the needs of a rapidly growing elderly population of people over age 75. Bay Alarm Medical alert systems are available in all 50 States. The mobile GPS system is powered by AT&T network to offer 24/7 tracking and monitoring for those who prefer medical alert systems on the go. Mobile medical alert plans start as low as $25 per month and can create safer mobility for families, not just the elderly.

#1 Medical Guardian chevron_right
#2 LifeStation chevron_right
#3 One Call Alert chevron_right

The Good

• CSAA Five Diamond Certified
  • Services in 170 Languages
  • VOIP Compatibility
  • Simple to Install
  • Bay Alarm Medical Reviews
  • 5-Year Battery Life
  • 30-Day Trial Period

CSAA Five Diamond Certified

Every Bay Alarm monitoring center is CSAA Five Diamond Certified, committed to strong quality standards, and agrees to random UL certified inspections. This ensures that every Bay Alarm subscriber receives the most professional monitoring services possible from each monitoring center and every medical emergency responder.

Services in 170 Languages

If you don't speak English and still need personal emergency alarm services, Bay Alarm has a unique feature: the medical alert service offers its product and services in 170 languages. Another unique feature is the company's two emergency response call centers which are full duplicates of each other to provide service continuity in case one center has a power outage. Typically companies have one call center, but with two call centers, there is a backup in case of power failure or weather issue that renders one call center inoperable, a dangerous scenario for those needing emergency assistance. The company also owns and operates from its California headquarters for separate customer service purposes.

VOIP Compatibility

Bay Alarm Medical's VOIP compatibility is also noteworthy. Few companies offer this benefit; they only offer landline phone coverage. Bay Alarm Medical's system is very versatile, compatible with POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service, i.e. landlines), DSL Phone Service (Comcast, Time Warner, Cox), and VOIP solutions (AT&T, Verizon). On their website, Bay Alarm Medical provides an extensive list of Compatible Cable Service Providers. If customers use DSL, they will need to purchase a DSL filter at an additional cost, also available on the website.

Simple to Install

The Bay Alarm Medical's in-home medical alert device is designed to be easy to use and simple to install. Anyone can install their own service in only 5-10 minutes. Bay Alarm Medical offers complimentary Spouse Monitoring Services free of charge. Adding this family member will not raise the monthly bill, but there will be a charge to add an additional emergency panic button. The landline system has a helpful preventative feature to protect users from falls that may occur when rushing to answer the phone. The system allows customers to answer the phone using the device—although you will need to follow up with Bay Alarm Medical to understand exactly how this works.

Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

Bay Alarm Medical complaints are limited with positive reviews highlighting an excellent monitoring center and emergency responders, quick response times, and a quality medical alert button as well as other equipment. Positive reviews demonstrate a satisfactory customer experience and can give consumers peace of mind that Bay Alarm Medical will effectively assist your health and well-being with quality service and equipment.

5-Year Battery Life

Bay Alarm Medical's alert pendants have a 5-year battery life. This can give peace of mind to customers that they don't have to worry about the alert device running out of battery early in their usage. The pendants are also lightweight and 100 percent waterproof, making it so you can take it with you anywhere, even in the shower or other wet areas.

30-Day Trial Period

Bay Alarm Medical offers a 30-day trial period from the date your system arrives. This gives customers time to test out Bay Alarm Medical's services and equipment to ensure it is the medical alert service for you.

The Bad

• Bay Alarm Medical Cost
  • One-Time Fee for the Mobile

Bay Alarm Medical Cost

While other industry competitors offer no activation fees and a no-cost delivery, Bay Alarm Medical charges for both delivery and activation. Bay Alarm prices include an activation fee of $49.95 and a monthly fee ranging from $25 - $59. The emergency button also has only a five-year warranty, so if anything goes wrong after that five years, it can get pricey. Despite these downsides, the company doesn't require any long-term contracts. Note that the mobile GPS button has some limitations as well but does include two-way communication and fall detection. Bay Alarm Medical plan options are below:

Basic Protection - $19.95/month

• 24/7 USA-Based monitoring
  • Free shipping for semi-annual plans

Preferred Protection - $39.95/month

• Mobile GPS help button with auto fall detection
  • Lockbox service
  • Option to save $21.90/month

One-Time Fee for the Mobile

Bay Alarm Medical overall is a bit more expensive than its competitors. The company charges a one-time fee for the mobile device ($80) if you want a GPS that you can take anywhere with you. Some other companies in the industry have lower fee options or do not charge this fee at all. Something to keep in mind with some other companies, is you do not own the device. Be sure to ask about this when deciding which company to do business with.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

The Bottom Line

Bay Alarm Medical has been around for decades, offering valuable products and a medical alert service that will cover all bases for in-home medical and beyond. One thing we noticed is that you get whatever you pay for. Their products are priced separately and according to each specific feature. The monthly fee ranges from $25 - $59 with a $49.95 activation fee. With the exception of Bay Alarm Medical's VOIP compatibility, the medical alert system's extra features and benefits can be found at other companies for less cost, since several companies pricing is more competitive, i.e. no activation fees or shipping fees. But keep in mind that the company provides award-winning quality and customer service with every medical alert system it sells. A Bay Alarm medical alert device is recommended for people for whom English is not their first language and need a system in their native language.

Finding the right medical alert company for you will give you and your loved ones peace of mind. Read Bay Alarm Medical reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say and to see if Bay Alarm Medical alert service is right for you.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

Elaine

May 13th, 2019 North Arlington, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a great experience with this company. Customer service has been excellent. Cost is very affordable at about $1.00 a day. It doesn't matter if you go with a three month, six month or one year plan. No high pressure sales pitch or activation or standard shipping fees. We paid next day air vs standard ground shipping as we needed one installed immediately. Very happy with Bay Alarm.

Larry

April 8th, 2019 Tarrytown, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My Mom has had the GPS device for less than a month. They are ok, but I have mixed feelings about their customer service. So for example, they claim a 30-day trial, and I was told it would start at activation, but in fact they start billing you when the device is received in the mail (which may not be the activation date) and they do not wait for the 30 day period to expire ... they begin billing retroactive to the device receipt date well before the 30 day trial period ends. The device itself is ok, the lanyard is bulky and confining enough so that my Mom has a tendency to take it off. I called and they told me that they just announced a newer device with a thinner lanyard, but if we wanted it ... we would have to pay a $10 shipping fee and also pay to have the old one shipped back. All this when we aren't even done with the trial period yet. The older GPS device lanyard was definitely not well designed. Just isn't customer centric treatment. As for the device, we tested it twice and it does work ... although the speaker is small enough that it's a little difficult for my Mom to hear. Still, if you get a larger device with a larger speaker, it becomes more difficult to carry and wear. From what I can tell thus far, it maintains its charge pretty well ... we have her charging it during the day and wearing it at night. In the morning, it's usually down to around 60%-70%. Mixed experience so far.

Robin

March 14th, 2019 Williston, VT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My father had a Bay Alarm device with fall detection for a few months (late 2018-early 2019). The device itself worked well, however he couldn't wear their magnetic clasp necklace (which holds the device) because it interfered with his pacemaker. I know this to be true because I accompanied my father to his November 2018 cardiologist pacemaker checkup, where the cardiologist performed a magnet response test on the magnetic clasp and found it put my father's pacemaker into an asynchronous mode. The asynchrony wasn't a lot, but enough to notice and cause concern with the cardiologist. Advice from the cardiologist: Bay Alarm needs to provide a nonmagnetic clasp on their necklaces if the patient has a pacemaker. As a result, we removed the Bay Alarm device from the magnetic clasped necklace and I made my father a slightly longer necklace which tied in the back, from cording purchased at the fabric store.

Duey

November 14th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company works with you and the prices are fair. They contacted my mom several times when they were concerned about her phone not working. She loved that! She feels secure with the service and luckily has not had to push the button since our setup trial!

duncan mcdonald

September 28th, 2018 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give Bay Alarm Medical more than five stars, I certainly would. I bought the Bay Alarm system for my 84 year old mother. She had a slip and fall incident, and thanks to the alert system the paramedics arrived quickly and took my mother immediately to a hospital. The personnel are always extremely courteous and helpful over the phone. I have never had an unpleasant experience with them. I just talked to a customer service representative named Lauren, who was extremely knowledgeable and efficient. She was thorough and knew exactly what was necessary for my mother's needs. Her courtesy and concern were appreciated, and she made my call a pleasant experience. You can not do better than this excellent company.

Dorothy Rucker

August 1st, 2018 Oxnard, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I fell and broke a hip bone, the response was quick. The rep waited with me until the ambulance and firemen which was only five minutes. If I hadn't had the device, I might have laid on the hard cement for hours in my back yard.

Dean BISCHOFF

July 25th, 2018 Norman, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been happy with them for about 5 years now. We don't have anything else to compare to. I picked up the system for my mom and it works great for her. They are responsive when needed and the equipment works well

Bill

February 1st, 2018 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had the alarm system in my Mother in laws house without any issues. When she moved to an adult complex you had to dial 9 to get an outside line. We were assured the system would work. After trying 2 different units over several different months they could not get wither to work. One service person said we had to get the GPS system that ses a cellular service at a higher cost. Cellular service in her apartment is almost non existent. I have spent almost 2 months trying to get the units returned with no help from the customer service department. After many calls and emails I have still not received return shipping labels. The low rating is directly due to the poor customer service. If you live in a private residence that does not require you to dial 9 to get an outside line the system should work fine. If you live in a complex that has a central phone system that requires you to dial 9 to get an outside line, find a different service provider and save alot of frustration.

Becky Mandrell

September 7th, 2017 Weatherford, OK

Customer service is terrible, did not even try to resolve problem. You can't even post a review on their site, what does that tell you. They won't stand behind their own equipment. Don't order online because you don't get all the facts. Like the other guy, you'll end up paying for the equipment. The only response from customer service is that's not our policy.

Nora Nell Thompson

June 2nd, 2017 Renton, WA

Even when a great grandchild pushed my HELP unit twice in one day, the staff were very kind and understanding. Considered it a test of the unit.

Bill Vandenbush

May 18th, 2017 Ocean Shores, WA

Three years ago I purchased this for my 85 year old mother. She was delighted to get the unit and when she called to get installation instructions they walked her through the simple process step by step, she was so proud that she was able to set up this device and make it work properly the first time. The customer service people were kind and very generous with their time, making sure my aged mother understood how the button worked and what to expect when it was pushed. They ran a simulated test of the equipment to ensure everything was working as it should. Since I live nearly 2000 miles from mom I am comforted in the fact the she can get help right away in any emergency.

Barbara Rush Early

May 17th, 2017 New Bern, NC

AWFUL experience. Paid for equipment; arrived damaged; returned; did not get a refund; continue being billed for $200 equipment damage fee. CS is of NO help. Go elsewhere.

Doug M

May 11th, 2017 Oceanside, CA

Good and reliable service. I had to use it once and they called my home and I couldn't answer, then they went down my list of contacts and then called 911.

Nida

May 1st, 2017

Good company. Have not used yet. Hope to not have to

CATHY SAUNDERS

April 28th, 2017 Newton, NC

This alarm is for my mom, and she hasn't had to use it yet. She has however set the alarm off by accident a couple of times. The response time was excellent and the representative was very courteous and understanding. I hope my mom never has to use the alarm, but it's comforting just knowing it's there. Thanks for all you do.

Stephanie

April 27th, 2017

The service was fine but when we went to cancel, they gave us the hard sell, called my dad to bug him, then emailed me and asked me if they could call me - after I already called and spoke with someone about canceling. Let people cancel when they no longer need the service. Really annoying.

H. Stanley Levin

April 26th, 2017

alarm went off by itself , techs had no idea why. response was great .

Shane Krim

April 26th, 2017 Evanston, IL

So far so good. Everything has been like they said it would. People have been friendly and helpful. When we call to test it, they are understanding. It gives me peace of mind that my mom has this.

John Rogers

April 24th, 2017

What can I say, I hope I never find out if you advertising is factual. That would mean we have not needed emergency care. Money well spent , providing comfort knowing that if we need help, you will be there for us. Since you asked, I seem to have lost my key box. I have no idea when or why it disappeared. My question is what do I need to do to replace it. If the emt crew can't get in , how could they provide service.

Phil Winter

April 24th, 2017 Ballwin, MO

We have bought the service for our mother. Apparently it needs a reset occasionally and confuses our mom.

Linda Parent

April 24th, 2017 Mansfield Depot, CT

Occasionally the alalrm goes off due to an error made such as leaning against the device. It is great to know how quickly the response time is. Thank you!

Sue DeFranco

April 24th, 2017 San Jose, CA

We got this for our Mom, who was 85 years old. The delivery was quicker than expected. The Customer Service was excellent. She used it once and they were quick to respond and the ambulance was there within minutes! Unfortunately our Mom passed away in the hospital, but the alarm worked! We returned it and it happened to be within our trial period, which we didn't know we had and we will be getting a refund. Definitely, easy to deal with and very helpful!

PEARL DELCORIO

VERY PROMPT IN ANSWERING ALARM. ALWAYS VERY POLIRTE

Elizabeth McConnell

April 24th, 2017

my review of the service is good but I have recently moved out of my house for a period of time and cut out my telephone service. I have chosen at this time to stop using the bay alarm system but have paid for it for a year. I may need it in a month or 2 months but not now. I have called the office spoken to a person and done everything I have been told to do but every two weeks I get a call saying I need to check my system they have evencalled one of the list of people to call. I have no way of checking and Ive told them that but they say I can only cancel service for two weeks at a time. This is definitely a pain and a nuisance and every time they call , which is automated I'm afraid they'll call rescue. Getting close to sending the whole thing back and when I need another Ill go somewhere else. Its a shame because when I was using it it was fine.

Joan Killingsworth

April 24th, 2017 Cape Coral, FL

It is good to have a "protector" aroumd, to know I can get help. I wear my pendant all the time I am home. I can check the alarm occasionally and that is a good thing. Thank you, Joan

Bobbie Giles

April 24th, 2017

Bay Alarm provided equipment in a timely manner that worked as advertised. Setup was easy and support via telephone was always available. Return of equipment when no longer needed made simple also. Very good experience and would recommend to those needing this same service.

Eileen Kelly

April 24th, 2017 Charlestown, RI

Excellent customer service. When I called to order my unit the rep was very helpful and explained everything very clearly. As for billing getting the advance that a payment is coming up means I don't find an unexpected charge on my card

Deborah Goldman

April 24th, 2017 Somerset, NJ

Customer service representatives are very patient and resourceful, especially when I activate the alarm accidentally. Their quick response and understanding of my mistake substantially increase my confidence that they will be there in a real emergency.

Deborah Saxton

April 20th, 2017

Happy with the service, quality of the equipment is troubling

Lisa Douglas

April 20th, 2017 Columbia, SC

My mother fell recently while at home alone and used her medical alert button to call for help. With the push of a button our local EMS was there to help her.

Sharon Baldwin

April 20th, 2017

Exceptional Product Service as well as Customer Service. Everyone I have spoken to with Bay Alarm has always be courteous and polite and very helpful with my needs.

M snider

April 20th, 2017

The agents on the phone are polite and patient. I needed assistance disconnecting the equipment and the reinstalling it as we moved our mother from her winter home to her summer home.

Priscilla Raykoske

April 20th, 2017 Wallingford, VT

Since we have been enrolled , by my Son, we have no worries. The Customer Service is always quick and professional. We are very happy with our Bay Alarm home and Remote .

Michael Lalko

April 20th, 2017 Romeo, MI

My brothers and I purchased this service for our 94 year old mother. It has brought us [and her ]tremendous peace of mind. I've recommended the service to our neighbor who is the soul caregiver for his aging father.

Dianna Herron-Watson

April 20th, 2017 Decatur, GA

Your system is awesome. We've never had any issue. Now I just need to keep mom wearing it!

Wanda Aguirre

April 20th, 2017

Always there when needed. Comforting to me to know I can be contacted, if my Mom (93) needs help.

Patricia Moran

April 20th, 2017 Bridgewater, NJ

Makes me feel comfortable knowing my parents have this .

M. Buffington

All services that Bay Medical offers are all very good. Efficient and timely,

v mauna

April 19th, 2017

My mom fell one night and broke her ankle. She pressed the button and immediately I received a call asking for assistance. She called an ambulance and they arrived within minutes. I received a follow up call from the rep. Very customer caring....I was impressed. Thank you!

Martha Ross

April 19th, 2017 Landrum, SC

I have used Bay Alarm once. Very prompt and courteous when talking to me about my problem. Help got here within minutes and they made me feel really secure. I am very thankful for Bay Alarm.

Nick O'Dell

April 19th, 2017

After several accidental false alarms, my wife and I received top-rated customer service in how to avoid these. Monthly tests go smoothly. The only slight, and now fixed, error was in the order of contacts in the event of a true alarm.

Marcia Runnion

April 19th, 2017 Ramona, CA

Every time I have had to speak with Bay Alarm it was terrific. Everyone has been well informed, helpful and very kind. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Kelly

April 19th, 2017

Our experience so far has been great! It was easy to set up and it's helped my father-in-law a number of times already. Thank you so much!! Kelly

Cathy DuPont

April 19th, 2017

I obtained Bay Alarm because of its high satisfaction of customers. However, due to a temporary financial problem, I had to cancel. I should have cancelled the day before however I was charged the full amount for a six month period. Their customer service representative was very cold and firm in her manner of speaking to me and would not consider giving me any kind of refund so I paid the $150 for six months for no service. One week later Hurricane Matthew came through my town and my home/car was flooded. That money would have helped me get through a horrible period of my life. I will never give Bay Alarm my business not only because of their refund policy but also because of their lack of compassion.

Jennifer Kurzer

April 19th, 2017

Very prompt and courteous responses. The dispatchers are always great at assessing the situation and sending the appropriate help.

Tamera

April 19th, 2017

I needed to know why my moms bill was higher than the last one. They explained why and the problem was solved.

Rita Finch

April 19th, 2017

Everyone is always friendly and helpful and that is always a plus to encounter.

Jean Eastman-Swenson

April 19th, 2017

Have had no occasion to use my alarm system as yet but just keep it here in case. Originally ordered for my husband who is now deceased. I hate to keep paying for something I don't use but feel as soon as I stop that is when I might need it.

Bette Dalzell

April 19th, 2017

Things are great. So far it is good I would recommend the services and have.

Jacquelyn Johnson

April 19th, 2017

C S understanding 2 times when alarm sounded. Very concerned about my safety.