Alert1

Alert1 verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

Alert1 is a leading provider of medical alert systems today in the US. This company provides award winning service, with top ratings from consumers and industry leaders alike. Alert1 has protected and gained the trust of 200,000 members today, with a 98% member renewal rate.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.1 8.6 Read Review
#2 8.8 9.1 Read Review
#3 6.7 8.5 Read Review
#26 4.1 5.5 Current

The Good

• Versatile Pricing
  • Customer Service
  • Personalized Accessories
  • Automatic Fall Detection

Versatile Pricing

Pricing plans with Alert1 range from $24.95 to $69.95 per month. There isn't a fee for equipment or activation, and the contracts are either monthly or annual. Service is available in all 50 states, but your area must have cell phone coverage.

One of Alert1's primary benefits is its customer service, which has CSAA-certified operators that stay on the line with customers until help arrives. They also offer personalized response, so operators go beyond calling 911. They contact whomever you choose based on your customized list of contacts to call in case of emergency. Compared to other Medical Alert companies that have only one command center, Alert1 has two fully independent US-based Command Centers in different states to protect service in case of a power outage. The system has a one-step installation, arriving to customers preprogrammed. All that is required is to plug the POM base unit into a phone jack and electrical outlet.

Personalized Accessories

Customers may like Alert1's choice of personalized accessories, such as lanyards and wristbands in different colors. Accessories are made of silicone for flexibility and are 100% waterproof. Each colored lanyard or wristband is an additional $9.95. Customers don't necessarily need to choose between a lanyard and a wrist button. Alert1 makes it easy to transform the button from a necklace to a wristband and vice versa.

Automatic Fall Detection

A bonus is that Alert1 offers automatic fall detection. This fall detection neck pendant senses a fall automatically notifies the Command Center. The device offers the same benefits as the company's other systems, such as 24-7 monitoring service that stays on the line until help arrives. The pendant is one of the smallest on the market and is designed to be worn comfortably. If customers don't have a landline, Alert1 also offers cellular medical alert systems.

The Bad

No Default Warranty

Their medical systems do not include a default warranty. When a system is purchased there's an option to add a limited warranty or product insurance for an additional monthly fee. Some other companies that provide medical alert systems include a warranty of some kind, ranging from 1 year to lifetime coverage. They charge customers a bit more to add this standard feature to their service.

The Bottom Line

Alert1 is a reliable and trusted service provider. There are flexible service options available with no contracts or long-term agreements required. Shipping costs are included with purchase, and customers can even get coverage for their spouse with a help button included, all free of charge. Information about this company is straightforward and the company has done a great job in building a trustworthy product. Since there are no contracts involved, existing customers are able to upgrade their current service to the mobile system if they prefer.

View Best Medical Alert Companies

21 Alert1 Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

October 19th, 2017 West Babylon, NY

Unscrupulous company policy. I wish I had read these reviews 2 months ago. Sales pitch begins with a monthly program at a high rate and a 30 day refund then is moved to discuss savings by taking an annual plan at a reduced rate with no mention of the "lack of refund" policy. Then when the situation changes and the services are no longer required you are out in the cold with not even a prorated refund of any of the prepaid expenses. Unadulterated abuse of elders with an untested product! Company should be banned from senior facilities until policies are modified to protect the consumer!

October 17th, 2017 Woodbridge, VA

I have your service for my 83-year-old Father. He has used it 4 times in the last 6 months due to falls. He cannot get up, uses his necklace button, the Maryland State Police and St. Michaels FD respond, open a door with the assistance of a realtor type key box, and help him. I'm 2 hours away and it gives me great comfort knowing Alert One is there for him 24/7.

October 12th, 2017 Brundidge, AL

Awesome. Could not reach my daughter, so they called emergency services. Just what I needed them to do.

October 10th, 2017

Service is mostly good. What I don't like is telephone responders tend to call the paramedics before trying to reach family members for non emergency situations such as a person having difficulty getting out of bed or having a BM accident.

October 6th, 2017 Redding, CA

Staff is extremely helpful, courteous and professional. Alert1 is truly a life saver.

October 5th, 2017 Yadkinville, NC

Updated, I will give their customer service department an "A" for response.

September 28th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

Used Alert1 first time - dispatch of local emergency response and the Alert1 operators who communicated with family members was excellent! Only concern - it took 2+ minutes for Alert1 to respond after hitting call button.

August 15th, 2017

Would not give back remainder of payment when canceling service when moving to retirement home!!!

2 0

August 14th, 2017 Alexandria, MN

In regard to AKC's post, I have two buttons. One is red and one is blue. So it's very possible that they might have white buttons as well. As far as service is concerned, I have always gotten prompt attention the few times I've needed to use it. I'm very satisfied with the service. Of course, I haven't tried to return anything yet. We do pay quarterly, I believe, which apparently is a good thing based on other's experience with not getting money back which should be reported to the BBB.

1 0

July 24th, 2017 Williamsport, PA

In regards to the review by Thomas A Butler... I assure you that it was not Alert 1 that your mother had because their buttons are white. They have great member care services and are always polite and courteous to their members! I love Alert 1!!!

2 0

June 28th, 2017 Globe, AZ

I am not happy with the service I got from the Alert 1 company when I returned the unit after 11 months of use. My 95 year old mother could not distinguish the black button to push from the black base. I painted the button with white finger nail polish so she could see it. When I returned the unit, they charged me $500 damage for replacement of a plastic button the size of a dime. Anyone buying this service should be aware, that upon returning the unit, they will find something wrong in order to get another $500 out of you.

7 2

June 25th, 2017 Meriden, CT

I ordered Alert 1 June of 2016 & paid $60.00 a month. Just now I found out they were that expensive because they were charging me for things I did not want or need. For instance fall protection, GPS, to be used away from home, & I don't know what else. Now I have another unit from them for $30.00 a month. Big difference. They should refund the difference BUT they tell me I used it for those months. Everyone was surprised that I was paying that much while other company's were $30.00 a month. Because of this I would not recommend anyone to use their company. I will use the new unit for now but might cancel them in a few months. Because of this problem I would not recommend them to anyone. They are a no. 1 in my opinion. BAD POOR

6 0

May 30th, 2017 Lincolnshire, IL

Had one of these for my mother. Actually upgraded to the fall detection from older version which did to have fall detection. All the testing was always good. The one time my mother needed the fall detection it did not work. My mother laid on the floor all night until we found her the next day. The EMT took the pendant off and threw it on the bed and it called the control center. It was too late for us. I paid for a service that did not work. Tried cancelling service once mom was gone - no refunds folks - I paid the annual fee and they do not refund. After some discussion and sharing the results of my mother they agree to prorate the fee once they received all the equipment back. Just be careful - if you are using this service for peace of mind - it may not work when you need it most.

5 0

April 26th, 2017 Winchester, MA

BEWARD of fine print. HUGE fines if you don't return all the equipment. I returned everything, except the wireless router which was broken via the way they instructed me to in order to avoid the $500 non equipment return clause, something I was never made aware of when I got the service. I sent everything via overnight mail because I only had 3 days to return it before the next 3 months charge hit my credit card. Well, even though I returned EVERYTHING else, I am still being charged the $500 since ALL the equipment wasn't returned. I asked for it to be reduced since I returned everything else, they said NO.

5 1

December 5th, 2016 Racine, WI

My parents used Alert 1 and were satisfied with the service. They paid yearly rather than to have to pay every month. When my father died my mother decided to move to assisted living and she cancelled her service. One thing they don't tell you is that they will not refund any of the unused service. This means my mother spent hundreds of dollars for service she never received. This was never mentioned when she signed up and they gave her the bums rush when she requested a refund. Beware of the fine print. I feel they took full advantage of my elderly parents. Who's ever heard of a company keeping 8 months of payments. By the way, they told my mother to return the unit and they would look into a refund. She shipped it back right away and she never heard from them again.

6 0

November 20th, 2016

They are great and always respond with professionalism and courtesy. Very happy with the product and the service.

3 0

October 28th, 2016 Westland, MI

I like their pricing, the button is a bit smaller so more comfortable, service is great

3 0

September 20th, 2016 La Grange, IL

I cancelled services for my mother-in-law. We had paid a year at a time as a savings. It turned out not to be a savings since the company would not return almost a full year of payment ($323)(August 2016-August 2017. We never saw or were told that this would happen. My family found this very unfair, particularly for a senior service. If we had known we would have paid quarterly.

5 0

February 15th, 2016 Washington, DC

I got this system, the new cellular one, for my sister but she died before the equipment was taken out of the box. I called to cancel the service and to find out about a refund. THERE IS NO REFUND for the $159.00 I paid. I asked to speak to someone in management and was told I was speaking to a supervisor and she assured me the was no recourse. I am completely dissatisfied with this so called "customer service." Be very wary if you deal with Alert 1.

4 0

July 19th, 2015 Levittown, PA

They saved my mother's life. She fell in the kitchen with a pot on the stove. It could have caused a fire. They had the ambulance there in minutes and they took her to the hospital. They called me to let me know what was happening. It was the best purchase I ever made for my mom.

1 0