Best Company Guarantee Verizon Fios Internet Logo

Verizon Fios Internet

7.0

LAST UPDATED: December 6th, 2022

Verizon is one of the major forces in the telecommunications industry, serving 6.9 million customers worldwide. It has one of the largest cellular phone service areas in the industry that covers the whole United States and 150 other countries.

Verizon's new network, Fios (fiber-optic internet service), is currently growing its user base. Because of this, the company offers some competitive plans and pricing. Verizon Fios offers customers download speeds up to 50 Mbps and no data caps. Verizon Fios internet service also comes with a two-year contract.

View Verizon Fios Reviews

Fios will hopefully be expanded nationwide in the future. It uses new technology to provide some of the highest speeds in the industry.

Besides high-speed internet service, Verizon offers phone, digital voice, and TV service to its customers. As Verizon strives to be at the front of innovation, it continues to bring its customers the best service possible.

The Good

• Plan Pricing
  • Fios Triple Play Bundle
  • Fast Speeds
  • Speed Match

Plan Pricing

Each of Verizon's three plans have a different monthly cost and contract terms.

• Fios Internet 100/100 (Better Browsing Plan) — $39.99 per month, 100 Mbps
  • Fios Internet 300/300 (Better Streaming Plan)  — $59.99 per month, 300 Mbps
  • Fios Gigabit Connection (Better Everything Plan)  — $79.99 per month, 940 Mbps

The monthly price of a Verizon FioS internet plan may vary depending on if promotional rates are available, and the prices may change after a certain amount of time.

For example, Fios Internet 100/100 comes with a one-year price guarantee. Fios Internet 300/300 comes with a two-year price guarantee. Fios Gigabit Connection comes with a three-year price guarantee.

Fios Triple Play Bundle

Customers may also be able to find bundling deals to save on internet, phone, and TV service if purchasing all services from Verizon. This bundle is a deal that matches the Fios Gigabit Connection's fast fiber-optic internet and adds Fios TV and Fios Phone, all for the same price of Fios Gigabit connection at $79.99.

To top it all off, this bundle comes with no installation fee. If you need phone or TV service, Fios Triple Play is a plan that's hard to ignore.

Fast Speeds

The speeds that are offered through Verizon Fios are another very large benefit for their customers and are another way they stand out from competitor service providers.

Verizon Fios offers several different speed package options listed under Plan Pricing.

The bottom tier package (100 Mbps) is near where many other internet service providers top tier packages end. The highest package of 940 Mbps is one of the fastest speeds available for internet users.

The availability of these speeds depends on a customers location. The time of day, number of devices accessing the internet, and other external factors may also affect the actual speeds experienced.

Some competitors offer 1 Gbps, but 940 Mbps is pretty close to 1 Gbps. Any of these Verizon Fios packages would fit any potential customers' needs, especially for those who require high speed.

Speed Match

Verizon Fios offers their customers something unique that helps them stand out. This extra feature is called speed match.

Speed matching means that the upload speeds and download speeds are the same.

The matching of upload and download speeds is unique because most other internet providers offer much lower upload speeds than download speeds.

Often times those upload speeds top out at around 20 Mbps, much slower than the lowest tier in Verizon Fios service.

The Bad

• Additional Fees
  • Contract Required
  • Limited Fios Service Areas

Additional Fees

Verizon also charges other fees, including:

• Equipment fee ($12/month)
  • Set-up fee ($99)

While it is fairly common to charge these kinds of fees in the industry, customers should understand the full cost of Verizon Fios before signing up.

Occasionally, Verizon has a special, promotional offering where set-up charge is waived.

Contract Required

Another drawback to the Verizon Fios services is that a customer is required to have a contract. Each plan comes with a different contract length.

The customer must pay the price they agree to for the full contract.

If they decide they do not want to continue Fios high-speed internet service, they will be required to pay an early termination fee to get out of the contract.

Limited Fios Service Areas

Verizon is a huge portion of the telecommunication industry. Many of their services are offered all across the nation and to other countries around the world. However, Verizon Fios is not offered in as many areas.

There are only a limited number of areas around the United States where it is offered. This can be a drawback for those customers who use other Verizon services (like the phone network) and would like to use the Fios service but do not live within those service areas.

Check their website to see if your area has Fios internet access available.

The Bottom Line

The Verizon Fios is a new service that is bringing Verizon customers some great options. Verizon Fios's packages offer customers blazing fast internet speeds that are much faster than some of the competitor's speeds.

These speeds are unique because the download and upload speeds are the same. Most other internet service providers have slower upload speeds than download speeds.

There are many options when it comes to internet service providers. Verizon Fios is a great provider to consider when choosing an internet service provider.

As with any internet service contract, be sure you understand the terms and conditions. Ask questions about additional fees that Verizon charges, like an installation fee, early termination fee, and equipment rental cost, like a modem and router for setting up wifi internet at home.

Customers who do decide they would like to use Verizon Fios for their internet service will have to sign a contract, which can be a major drawback. Customers signing up for a contract should keep the termination fee in mind.

Those customers who are already using other Verizon services such as their mobile phone will find Verizon Fios a great option for their internet connection needs as well.

View Best Internet Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Verizon Fios Internet below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

3.7

K&A

Horrendous service. Fios was once regarded as having fantastic service, but Fios has beaten Comcast as worst service in my book. I’m having a WiFi issue that will likely be easily repaired, but they have cancelled three times through text messages. The first time they cancelled through a text, I rescheduled using the same message to choose from three available time slots. I chose one based on their timing. The second visit was a no call, no show. I had to call and scheduled a second visit using a time they had available, So I chose a Monday between 12-2. Here we are at our third visit and they cancelled 11 minutes before they were scheduled to arrive, again through a text message… I called and went through the automated service to eventually get to a human. The person picked up the call, breathed into the phone and hung up. I couldn’t believe it. I can only assume they knew I was calling about the cancellation and just didn’t want to deal with me. I don’t understand it. We pay almost $200 monthly for the service, we also use Verizon wireless, not to mention we’ve been with them for about 13 years and this is the type of service you receive in this day and age, it’s ridiculous. UPDATE: Spoke to customer service, they were apologetic and rescheduled the appointment. Fast forward two days to the date of the new appointment and They just cancelled the appointment for a fourth time 30 minutes into the time window they were scheduled to arrive. I’m astonished… they are officially the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. I left Comcast because their customer service was awful and now I’m leaving fios for the same reason. Once a company gets so big, they really don’t care about their customer complaints because there’s always someone else to fill your spot if you leave. This is the exact reason why there needs to be multiple companies in any specific field. This explains why people are cutting the cord at such a high rate.

Tia Robinson Minneapolis, MN

I enjoy this service and the price is affordable. Sometimes at night it goes out for a few minutes but other than that, it is mostly reliable.

Gina Donofrio

I had Verizon FiOS in Florida. During Hurricane I didn't lose a word of cable, nevermind being out for any periods of time. It was very affordable also. I moved and it wasn't available. At any point it is made available I'll be one of the first ones on the list. The difficulty I had with it was trying to get the boxes picked up for return.

D Roisin Riverside, NJ

I had Fios installed for 8 months at my old apartment. I had set up my installation with 1 router, very easy and basic, for a specific date a few days after moving in. The equipment was over a WEEK late with no explanation. I had done my whole appointment over the phone with a live representative, so it was not anything erroneous via any computer. I had no internet for almost 2 weeks as once the router was in, there were immediate connectivity problems and I couldn't get ahold of anyone to troubleshoot so tried the bot chat instead. Once my Fios was fixed, the connection was good and I had no technical issues. Returning my equipment was also simple- I just dropped it at the closest Verizon store and it took literally 2 minutes. Not happy at all with how it all started, though.

Andrew Martinez Los Angeles, CA

Verizon has great coverage and products. My issues with Verizon is the customer service. When it comes to working out differences of opinion in bill discrepancies, the company doesn’t communicate well within itself, and they know they are the big kids on the block. Checks and balances, you’d like to think that you’ll get a rep on the phone that puts themselves in your shoes. Not always the case with Verizon. That’s why I can’t give 5 stars. The products are nice and dealing with the wireless stores is a whole different animal. They will treat you like a king as long as you’re respectful and calm. They advertise services that are not available to all areas serviced by Verizon. I looked forward to the birth of fiber. Not all areas has fiber available. That’s my opinion.

Kelly Elsas Franklinton, LA

I have Verizon for my home internet currently. I got rid of Century Link because Verizon is half the price and alot faster speed.

D

Excellent speed. Never had a problem. I used a router to widen the coverage area. The mobile phone app could have been better. They had some issues merging My Verizon account with Fios account so I had to create two separate ones.

Laura Nichols Clarksville, TN

TL;DR if you are considering using Verizon for anything, don't do it! Their customer service is easily the absolute worst I have ever encountered. You will regret it! Last month, a door-to-door salesman came by to say that Verizon had put up 5G towers in the area and that we could try their home 5G wifi free for 30 days. He said the price was $50 guaranteed for 3 years and included internet and the Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle. I decided to try it out because why not! I got the router in the mail and spent hours on the phone trying to get it set up but turns out he didn't set it up properly. I had to go into the store (with my newborn) where I spent another couple of hours and they couldn't fix the original router so they have me another one and said they couldn't take the original one, but they would send me a packing slip to send it back. They also informed me that they wouldn't be honoring what the salesman said, even though I had him on video, and that the $50 was just for the internet and it was only guaranteed for 2 years. For some crazy reason, I still wanted to give it a shot. The internet was fine, but the packing slip never came for the original router and my customer service experience had been so bad at that point that I decided to cancel my service. I went in to the corporate store and they said I had to go to the store I got the router from. I drove across town (again with my newborn) where they told me they couldn't take it either. I called customer service and finally got someone to cancel it and was told they would send a box and label for the two routers and I wouldn't be billed. Hallelujah! I was finally going to be done with this. Wrong. I got a bill for $50 after I was told I wouldn't be charged. When I called to ask about it I spent an hour getting transferred to (not exaggerating) 8 different people in completely different departments that had nothing to do with the question I was asking. Finally I got sent to a person who said don't worry about it and just send back the equipment. A couple days later, a tiny box comes in that I am supposed to use to send back two big routers. Great. At this point, I'm beyond ready to be done with this company, so I pay to ship it back through UPS. Over the weekend I got another bill, so I called today and spent another hour on the phone getting transferred again to 6 people before finally getting to the person I needed who told me just to ignore the bill. From the salesman who didn't know what he was doing to them not honoring his statements to the hours and hours I spent on the phone and in-store just to return the routers, this has been literally the worst customer service experience of my life. Even if Verizon is cheaper, do not do it! It will not be worth it and the day you actually need to contact customer service you will regret your decision. Please save yourself the trouble!

Katie Marshall New York, NY

My, first internet service in New York City was, with Verizon Fios, I started out with a bundle phone, cable, internet, 2019. They made changes to service which now customers had to pay separate for phone service, when I spoke with customer services still had no clear understanding of change. All I can say is my bill increased, they offered no incentive to keep me as a customer, I know of other's people who discontinued services.

Matthew Laney Upland, CA

I currently use Verizon Fios Internet for my web and e-mail needs. The service is reliable and fast. I haven't had any bad experiences so far. I do wish it was easier to get a live representative on the telephone but overall I am happy with them. I highly recommend them.

Joanne Swartz Homestead, PA

I am 82 years old and I have severe COPD and I am home bound. I have fios internet , TV and phone. I do all my shopping on the internet for everything I need as I cannot leave home. I am loving shopping on internet as I have a much better selection of items than I would if I just went to one store. I keep in touch with friends and have entertainment with the games I can play. I don't know what I would with out the internet

Mario Puzo The Bronx, NY

Fast internet speed, never had a problem with the service being cut due to harsh weather

Natalia Jayy Piscataway, NJ

The internet provided by Verizon is quick and haste-free. I am happy that my family has been loyal to this provider!

World Traveler Ashburn, VA

The internet speed is never constant and at the 3rd floor of my home it's almost non-existent. I've even installed an Orbi to extend the internet and it's still very slow. No solution from Verizon and poor quality connection.

Olivia Simmons Washington, DC

We have three TV's ,2 cell phones, Playstation and an Xbox hooked up to our internet. Alot of times even in the house I cut off the wifi because it will say loading or searching for program. It says u can have multiple devices but with just these internet speed is way to slow. I think Xfinity is cheaper and I didn't have so many problems with it.

Yael Lynchburg, VA

I had Verizon Fios at my rental property in Timberlake, VA and it was a great alternative to the most used Shentel Internet services which is way more expensive and varying speeds. Fios has many plan offerings, you can bundle with your Verizon phone plan and they have fast, excellent customer service. I would recommend to family and friends!

Shauna Lawrance Richmond, VA

Speedy internet with home protection, great customer service, customer care has always strived to solve any issues. Sometimes wifi can lag with gaming, but that very well could be the multiple gaming systems we run at the same time.

Daniel Fowler

We are very happy with Fios, outside the fact that when they install the broad ban connection into my house, they busted/cut a main sprinkler line. They said they fixed it, but it's been leaking ever since. Customer service has always been excellent, and they speak my language. Will stay with them as long as it remains that way.

karla Pittsburgh, PA

We have had Verizon Fios for about ten years. We upgraded our internet speed about five years ago because the CSR told me that it was so great she could get internet service around the block from her house. I live in a major city and that wasn't the case for me. I couldn't even get service in my driveway. I let that go, but lately, we sometimes don't have internet in parts of the house (and our house is certainly not a mansion) or on our deck. We are literally about fifteen feet from the router when we are on our deck. In fairness, I haven't contacted Verizon yet, but am planning on doing so. Unfortunately, I'm sure they'll say the internet needs to be upgraded which, in turn, will cost more money. I feel as if I'm already paying too much for the services they provide and am not looking forward to the call. I also find it deplorable that they offer these great services for new customers, but when long-standing, good customers ask for discounts, amazingly, there are none to be had.

Nathaniel Scott Philadelphia, PA

Good, consistent, reliable internet connection. Haven’t had a dropped signal or any outages. It’s a little hard to reach tech support as the preferred way is through the My FIOS app but not everyone is tech savvy. Otherwise, you get great service for the price!

Judy Fred Narragansett, RI

I've tried all the major Internet providers available in my area (you know them all, I'm sure ...). You just can't beat Verizon for it's dependability. It is a MUST for my home office. I would have been lost during the pandemic if I didn't have Verizon Fios Internet that reaches every corner of my home (including my basement office). I couldn't be happier with the value, service and dependability. I will never give it up -- no matter how many offers I get from lesser companies (you know who they are!).

Craig Slist Oak Harbor, WA

I love my Verizon Fios Internet and have used them for years. I live on an island in Washington State and when I see people posting if their internet went down it is always other internet service providers and customers experiencing the problem. In fact, even when power goes out I have a battery backup and generator that ensures my Verizon Fios Internet is still running strong so I can continue to search the internet, watch movies and play games while everyone else in my neighborhood, even with a generator, are offline because they don't have Verizon Fios Internet. Also, the speed is by FAR the fastest available by 3x to 4x over local competitors. In the end, I'm a Verizon Fios Internet customer for LIFE!!!

K Andres Purcellville, VA

Verizon has a good solid connection, though it isn’t always as advertised. For example Gigabit Internet tops out at about 200 Mbps over an extended duration.

Henry Lebensbaum Andover, MA

i have been with Verizon for quite some time. I feel like a hostage because of my verizon email accounts. They make corporate decision in their own interests. The service is over priced. The value for the money is poor. Customer service is mostly inadequate 97 percent of the time. Even technical support gets you inconsistent advice. They send their support overseas to menu driven people who are generally inflexible and sometimes hard to understand. Their branches also provide inconsistent service, from good to very poor. Even speaking to a supervisor does not always help

Ashlyn Elwood Roswell, GA

Verizon Fios had run pretty smoothly for me and was a great set up but one of the two times I had an issue customer service was not able to help me. I ultimately had to switch internet providers since the issue had not been resolved. Without the incident though, I was incredibly happy.

MY Woodmere, NY

simple easy, The my fios app is one of the most brilliant customer relations i have seen. Speed is fine, I use 300mbp and it handels my whole house. We use a G3100 router and it covers my yard and house.

Jessica Babb Collegeville, PA

My internet connection has been hit or miss. There are days it doesn’t work for hours, or disconnects while on meetings. And then days where it works perfectly. Customer service has not been very helpful in trouble shooting due to the inconsistency of the issue.

Mallory

Verizon is an honest and trustworthy service provider to have. The have wonderful customer service and exceptional communication. We highly recommend to anyone shopping around.

Chan Mississauga, ON

I have used them before theyre convenient to use there services would def recommend them

Jnt_421 Bethel Park, PA

Compared to other internet providers, the service was reasonably priced for just internet and no additions or bundles. The basic package worked to accommodate 2 TVs as well as 2 cell phones and 1 computer without major issues or concerns.

Joseph from Virginia Miami, FL

Excellent customer service. Fiber optic line provides super fast speeds if you want for streaming, gaming and multiple users. Be careful when you have it installed though. They no longer install in walls so if you don’t want them to come through your floor, you might want to hire a handyman to create the hole from wall to crawl for the Verizon installer to use.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

I have used several different internet providers. Verizon is the only one that I can count on to be consistently fast. My other services would range in speed depending on the time of day and how many users in my area were on the internet. With Verizon, I never have to worry about that....it is always fast and allows me to get my tasks done at the speed that I want.

Amanda Guevel

Verizon was a good company, but started to raise prices. Was not convenient for my lifestyle.

Cam Hall Richmond, VA

Verizon Fios is the most reliable internet I've had in any apartments or houses I've rented or owned. The uptime is consistent, and only goes down in major storms that knock out power in a widespread way. Also, the speeds are also consistent to what you pay for where others may say you're getting X but you're actually getting 200mbps under X. They also are great about offers and bundles that keep the price competitively priced. Finally, the installation and maintenance is reliable (but can also depend on local vendors they use).

Who Knows

Verizon Fios was okay. The connection stayed fairly steady for the most part. They do have great customer service.

Mary Ann Luketich Carnegie, PA

Verizon is not a cheap provider, but they give you what you want and their customer service is great.

Amber Johnson New York, NY

Very fast speed internet. It’s really cheap especially because I get the assistance on it. Only $10 a month!

iri lan Silver Spring, MD

Because I need internet service I am being forced to buy it from Verizon just because my apartment complex has only Verizon - Fios. Now I hate my apartment. I have no other option for the internet but Verizon only. I cannot stand Verizon for any service they offer. Their agents offer totally different prices for the same service or product. However, I have to purchase Verizon for 1 year because I have no other internet options I have always used Xfinity internet and other Broadband types They are easy and good quality for better price. I have never paid more than $40.00 just for the internet.

Abi Dallas, TX

I had Verizon Fios in the past for bout 6 months the service was great, the price was fair! However, the area where I moved to didn’t support their services. So I had to go with another company in my area.

Tharessa Langley Philadelphia, PA

I kinda sorta liked Fios but they kept going up on my bill I was only getting the internet package no TV service included so I couldn't understand why my bill keeps going up Their customers service is very hard to connect to buy overall the internet was good

Trevene Columbia, MD

This is currently my internet service provider. I do not like that you have to purchase your internet based on how many gadgets you may be using. So e.g I have the 100G and that limits us to 6-8 gadgets on at the same time (TV, computer, tablets, phones etc). Plus inorder to watch direct TV on demand you must have internet. As a result, the speed may be slow and require you upgrading.

Chris Coatesville, PA

1st it almost took an act of Congress to get service. Their triple play was cheaper and faster is the only reason stuck it out. I had to sign up for a 2 year deal, so I bought my router. So far the internet is acceptable. I work from home, so It needs to be reliable. The TV is horrible and I do not even use the phone. I wanted to just get the internet and TV, but those together were more expensive than the bundle. I would never choose them again though for TV. If I have to take their internet when I move, I will, but only if there are no other options, as their customer service is non-existent through normal channels. Their TV is light years behind DishNetwork and even direct TV. Sure they have a mobile app to watch... which is only good if you are connected to a Verizon router. The user interface on the in home menu is not good. Really really disappointed.

Krisna Clarksburg, MD

We have been a long-term customer of FiOs, and really like the service, as well as the technical support branch. Customer service is pretty terrible, but maybe you can avoid the pitfalls we had with these lessons learned: #1 Buy your own router - we got a good one for $60 on Amazon, after years of renting theirs for $12/month. They automatically add that rental fee in if you don't tell them. #2. Never believe the chat people if they tell you they will send you a confirmation email in 3-4 days, or if they tell you they are going to waive a fee (which they may offer to, but then don't). Get it in writing right then, and copy the entire chat somewhere so that you have their promises in writing. It took 3 tries to get what was promised - not sure if that is typical. #3 Don't even try to call - you may get hung up on while on hold, as we did. #4Call to ask for a better price when the year intro price is up - it is hard to remember.

Susan M Marlton, NJ

Internet is dependable and when call customer service don't have to wait 1 hr for my turn and usually 1 call totally fixes the problem. Not 10+ calls over 13 hrs and a lot of waiting on hold just to get my internet and tv back on like Comcast subjects their consumers to.

Alicia Holman Gilbert, AZ

I love their wireless modem! It's very easy to use and the service coverage is larger than any of the other ones that I have used. It was very easy to sign up and use their service as well. I also really think they have a great customer service support team.

ousawvh2 Leesburg, VA

Reliability is what I like most about FIOS. My Internet and TV service rarely has any issues. The only complaint I have with FIOS is the cost of their services. In January 2017 I completely restructured my services with Verizon to just Internet and Local TV. Verizon offers a Local Channels Only option that they don't really advertise online. Why? Because it's cheap and offers a lot more channels (SD and HD) than you'd expect. If you're looking to update your TV programming, ask Verizon for a Internet and Local TV Only Bundle. You'll be glad you did.

Sydney Richmond, VA

I have been a customer of Verizon Fios for about 4 years. I have been impressed with the service overall, there have only been 2 times when my service has been unavailable, and it was restored very quickly. They offer great start up packages and try to make the installment package as simple as possible. The only issue I have run into is when I need something repaired or need help troubleshooting, if the issue isn't solved from the website they will charge for a rep to come to your home, which can be frustrated. The Fios website is easy to use and convenient to maintain your account.

BillRI Narragansett, RI

When we had Verizon Internet it was generally fast and reliable. However it was in a bundle with their cable TV and customer service issues related to that caused us to leave Verizon. Their tech seem to be better qualified than what is normally seen from internet providers, especially the veterans of the phone days when reliability was really emphasized .

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I have used Verizon as a company for years, I ended up using Verizon Fios as well and I love both. Overall i've been extremely impressed and can't believe how much fast the internet is and it was so easy to install. So so happy I made the switch.

Mario C

Overall the internet connection is pretty good. It's a very large box of the connect to your actual window in your home and it has to be pointed in a specific direction in order to get the full speed. The only issue that I've come across with it is there are days where it's on but it doesn't have any internet connection. But, with it being connected to the actual window it has withstand very hot days and extremely cold days as well and it did not fall off with the sticky tape that it comes with. They had two technicians that came out to the home and they had to point the actual internet box in the proper direction to get the best signal possible for your download speed and upload speed. And if they did not get the proper amount of bars to get the correct speed they would not do the installation. And this is for the FiOS 5G I am also hardwired to the box to make sure that I'm getting the maximum speed.