Best Company Guarantee Verizon Fios Internet Logo

Verizon Fios Internet

6.8

LAST UPDATED: May 6th, 2022

Verizon is one of the major forces in the telecommunications industry, serving 6.9 million customers worldwide. It has one of the largest cellular phone service areas in the industry that covers the whole United States and 150 other countries.

Verizon's new network, Fios (fiber-optic internet service), is currently growing its user base. Because of this, the company offers some competitive plans and pricing. Verizon Fios offers customers download speeds up to 50 Mbps and no data caps. Verizon Fios internet service also comes with a two-year contract.

View Verizon Fios Reviews

Fios will hopefully be expanded nationwide in the future. It uses new technology to provide some of the highest speeds in the industry.

Besides high-speed internet service, Verizon offers phone, digital voice, and TV service to its customers. As Verizon strives to be at the front of innovation, it continues to bring its customers the best service possible.

The Good

• Plan Pricing
  • Fios Triple Play Bundle
  • Fast Speeds
  • Speed Match

Plan Pricing

Each of Verizon's three plans have a different monthly cost and contract terms.

• Fios Internet 100/100 (Better Browsing Plan) — $39.99 per month, 100 Mbps
  • Fios Internet 300/300 (Better Streaming Plan)  — $59.99 per month, 300 Mbps
  • Fios Gigabit Connection (Better Everything Plan)  — $79.99 per month, 940 Mbps

The monthly price of a Verizon FioS internet plan may vary depending on if promotional rates are available, and the prices may change after a certain amount of time.

For example, Fios Internet 100/100 comes with a one-year price guarantee. Fios Internet 300/300 comes with a two-year price guarantee. Fios Gigabit Connection comes with a three-year price guarantee.

Fios Triple Play Bundle

Customers may also be able to find bundling deals to save on internet, phone, and TV service if purchasing all services from Verizon. This bundle is a deal that matches the Fios Gigabit Connection's fast fiber-optic internet and adds Fios TV and Fios Phone, all for the same price of Fios Gigabit connection at $79.99.

To top it all off, this bundle comes with no installation fee. If you need phone or TV service, Fios Triple Play is a plan that's hard to ignore.

Fast Speeds

The speeds that are offered through Verizon Fios are another very large benefit for their customers and are another way they stand out from competitor service providers.

Verizon Fios offers several different speed package options listed under Plan Pricing.

The bottom tier package (100 Mbps) is near where many other internet service providers top tier packages end. The highest package of 940 Mbps is one of the fastest speeds available for internet users.

The availability of these speeds depends on a customers location. The time of day, number of devices accessing the internet, and other external factors may also affect the actual speeds experienced.

Some competitors offer 1 Gbps, but 940 Mbps is pretty close to 1 Gbps. Any of these Verizon Fios packages would fit any potential customers' needs, especially for those who require high speed.

Speed Match

Verizon Fios offers their customers something unique that helps them stand out. This extra feature is called speed match.

Speed matching means that the upload speeds and download speeds are the same.

The matching of upload and download speeds is unique because most other internet providers offer much lower upload speeds than download speeds.

Often times those upload speeds top out at around 20 Mbps, much slower than the lowest tier in Verizon Fios service.

The Bad

• Additional Fees
  • Contract Required
  • Limited Fios Service Areas

Additional Fees

Verizon also charges other fees, including:

• Equipment fee ($12/month)
  • Set-up fee ($99)

While it is fairly common to charge these kinds of fees in the industry, customers should understand the full cost of Verizon Fios before signing up.

Occasionally, Verizon has a special, promotional offering where set-up charge is waived.

Contract Required

Another drawback to the Verizon Fios services is that a customer is required to have a contract. Each plan comes with a different contract length.

The customer must pay the price they agree to for the full contract.

If they decide they do not want to continue Fios high-speed internet service, they will be required to pay an early termination fee to get out of the contract.

Limited Fios Service Areas

Verizon is a huge portion of the telecommunication industry. Many of their services are offered all across the nation and to other countries around the world. However, Verizon Fios is not offered in as many areas.

There are only a limited number of areas around the United States where it is offered. This can be a drawback for those customers who use other Verizon services (like the phone network) and would like to use the Fios service but do not live within those service areas.

Check their website to see if your area has Fios internet access available.

The Bottom Line

The Verizon Fios is a new service that is bringing Verizon customers some great options. Verizon Fios's packages offer customers blazing fast internet speeds that are much faster than some of the competitor's speeds.

These speeds are unique because the download and upload speeds are the same. Most other internet service providers have slower upload speeds than download speeds.

There are many options when it comes to internet service providers. Verizon Fios is a great provider to consider when choosing an internet service provider.

As with any internet service contract, be sure you understand the terms and conditions. Ask questions about additional fees that Verizon charges, like an installation fee, early termination fee, and equipment rental cost, like a modem and router for setting up wifi internet at home.

Customers who do decide they would like to use Verizon Fios for their internet service will have to sign a contract, which can be a major drawback. Customers signing up for a contract should keep the termination fee in mind.

Those customers who are already using other Verizon services such as their mobile phone will find Verizon Fios a great option for their internet connection needs as well.

View Best Internet Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Verizon Fios Internet below.

bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

3.7

Judy Fred Narragansett, RI

I've tried all the major Internet providers available in my area (you know them all, I'm sure ...). You just can't beat Verizon for it's dependability. It is a MUST for my home office. I would have been lost during the pandemic if I didn't have Verizon Fios Internet that reaches every corner of my home (including my basement office). I couldn't be happier with the value, service and dependability. I will never give it up -- no matter how many offers I get from lesser companies (you know who they are!).

iri lan Silver Spring, MD

Because I need internet service I am being forced to buy it from Verizon just because my apartment complex has only Verizon - Fios. Now I hate my apartment. I have no other option for the internet but Verizon only. I cannot stand Verizon for any service they offer. Their agents offer totally different prices for the same service or product. However, I have to purchase Verizon for 1 year because I have no other internet options I have always used Xfinity internet and other Broadband types They are easy and good quality for better price. I have never paid more than $40.00 just for the internet.

BillRI Narragansett, RI

When we had Verizon Internet it was generally fast and reliable. However it was in a bundle with their cable TV and customer service issues related to that caused us to leave Verizon. Their tech seem to be better qualified than what is normally seen from internet providers, especially the veterans of the phone days when reliability was really emphasized .

Promise Mccall Monticello, NY

I am enjoying my service with Verizon they are very helpful when I need clarification and offers lots of plans and discounts to help satisfy my needs.

Emily Swierczynski San Jose, CA

FIOS used to be my favorite internet provider. Was the first company to lay fiber in the area and had unbeatable speeds. Since then other companies seem to offer more reliable and cost effective offers. That said I hop around between servicers to keep the promo/new customer discounts

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I have used Verizon as a company for years, I ended up using Verizon Fios as well and I love both. Overall i've been extremely impressed and can't believe how much fast the internet is and it was so easy to install. So so happy I made the switch.

Kara W Lehighton, PA

I was skeptical about using Verizon at first, but I really enjoy it! I've never had a problem with it and the extra perks are worth it!

Chad Edgar Columbia, MO

Good internet provider customer service is always willing to work with you in any way they can to help anytime you need to prepare or an item for internet they're right on it

Greg Virginia Beach, VA

Verizon Fios (and everything else Verizon) stinks. I wanted to do away with spending hundreds every month for Fios TV/internet where, they're constantly removing and dropping channels so, I called and told them no more TV but, I'll keep my internet services. They made a big deal out of everything and "unbundled" the 2 services, then I had to call back and cancel TV services. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade the speed on my internet service and decided to do it. They didn't tell me all the wiring and hardware would have to be changed in my residence so, ultimately, I lost 5 days pay because, I couldn't work without internet service and it took that long for them to get a tech to my house. The tech came to my house and re-ran wires, changed out boxes and jacks etc.....Now the internet service is constantly dropping the signal. They also added a different TV package which I didn't ask for to my account. So, I'm out a weeks pay, I had to call again and wait for them to remove the new TV plan I never asked for and the internet service sucks. Since that time, I dropped my Verizon cell service and pay $50.00 less a month for unlimited everything with another carrier. If I can't resolve the dropped internet connections, I'll have Verizon disconnect that and I'll go elsewhere. I was a customer with Verizon for well over 20 years. Good riddance Verizon!

PATTY SHADE Harrisburg, PA

We have had Verizon Fios for many years. Had a couple of problems, but they were quick to fix them. The reason for four stars is because they do not offer any specials for loyal customers.

Todd johnson Sparta, WI

I had a Verizon account, when they sold there internet where I lived they gave us 60 days to change our email, I missed the deadline and I couldn’t change my Apple account because they would not send emails to my default account only to verizon

Lauren Marangiello Homestead, FL

Fastest internet I've ever had. The only issue is you need to have a special set up to even access it. I was living in NYC (BK specifically) and moved into a new building that allowed for it. It's expensive but in my opinion worth it.

Mario C

Overall the internet connection is pretty good. It's a very large box of the connect to your actual window in your home and it has to be pointed in a specific direction in order to get the full speed. The only issue that I've come across with it is there are days where it's on but it doesn't have any internet connection. But, with it being connected to the actual window it has withstand very hot days and extremely cold days as well and it did not fall off with the sticky tape that it comes with. They had two technicians that came out to the home and they had to point the actual internet box in the proper direction to get the best signal possible for your download speed and upload speed. And if they did not get the proper amount of bars to get the correct speed they would not do the installation. And this is for the FiOS 5G I am also hardwired to the box to make sure that I'm getting the maximum speed.

Cam Hall Palmyra, VA

Verizon FIOS has great deals for switching, Is incredibly reliable, and makes it really easy to be a package customer. Their installation and service is also top notch, and they’re super responsive and available whenever you need help.

Joseph from Virginia Miami, FL

Excellent customer service. Fiber optic line provides super fast speeds if you want for streaming, gaming and multiple users. Be careful when you have it installed though. They no longer install in walls so if you don’t want them to come through your floor, you might want to hire a handyman to create the hole from wall to crawl for the Verizon installer to use.

Queen Shavy Miami Beach, FL

I had Verizon fios not knowing that they did not yet fully service my area. After having no service for months I had a very hard time closing my account. It was frustrating and expensive.

LueLue Ashburn, VA

Fios is great - especially during a storm:) I do think pricing could be better. With that said. . . service=great, price=a little too high.

Letausha Orebaugh Philadelphia, PA

I like that if you need help, have a question or anything concerning your account. They walk you through it and answer all questions where you can really understand it.. I dislike the speed ..It took forever to connect..

Leah North Versailles, PA

I used Verizon on and off over the years and for the most part they are great. But after a couple months I would ALWAYS have issues with my internet lagging and being just crappy. Everytime.

Ozone Newport News, VA

I love fios lot of channels. Clear picture. Easy in stall now. Love all the channels. Sports chennel. You can. Get. Phone service. Great. Too

Elizabeth Havana, FL

Verizon Internet has been extremely reliable. It has rarely ever crashed and if it does Verizon is quick to resolve any issues.

Dougie D Harold, KY

Spotty connection, dropped WiFi connection, dropped calls, lost texts that never reach destinations. I used multiple devices with same effect. When it actually works it’s fast but what good is a race car if it only works a fourth of the time.

JoAnna St Louis, MO

I have a Verizon phone and happy with it. I tried to get FIOS Internet but it is not available in my area yet, nor is their 5G. Verizon has quality products, their customer service could be better though. I rarely had billing issues and have been with them for many years.

Erinmarie Xian Seffner, FL

We have used Verizon FIOS for years, the customer service is fantastic and the internet speed is unmatched. They dispatched a repair tech the SAME DAY the only time we had an issue.

Joe Leahy Marshfield, MA

I have been a FIOS customer since it's inception.The reliability is great the TV package offers everything you could ever want. I do feel the rates for services to be rather high though in line with competitors. Customer service is a recorded voice prompt, or someone in a call center outside the United states

Corryn Moore Richmond, VA

Verizon has always given my family and I great service. We have reliable wifi and a good rate with premium channels. I wish the extra boxes weren't as much extra, but we only need 2 with others being smart TVs.

tommy melvin Richmond, VA

Great service, great customer service. Adding boxes is easy, multiple options to pick up at locations, ship, etc. Canceling boxes was also easy. No outages or other service issues.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

I have used several different internet providers. Verizon is the only one that I can count on to be consistently fast. My other services would range in speed depending on the time of day and how many users in my area were on the internet. With Verizon, I never have to worry about that....it is always fast and allows me to get my tasks done at the speed that I want.

Craig Slist Oak Harbor, WA

I love my Verizon Fios Internet and have used them for years. I live on an island in Washington State and when I see people posting if their internet went down it is always other internet service providers and customers experiencing the problem. In fact, even when power goes out I have a battery backup and generator that ensures my Verizon Fios Internet is still running strong so I can continue to search the internet, watch movies and play games while everyone else in my neighborhood, even with a generator, are offline because they don't have Verizon Fios Internet. Also, the speed is by FAR the fastest available by 3x to 4x over local competitors. In the end, I'm a Verizon Fios Internet customer for LIFE!!!

corrinna oandasan Kailua-Kona, HI

liked verizons customer services when ever i need to call for what ever reason they are very helpful and insightful dislike their yearly rate increase and constant outages

Luke Swierczynski Franklin, MI

Had them while I lived in TX. By far the best deal I ever had, especially since they didn't throttle your upload speeds. Gives fast download and upload.

Dominick Pilli Woodbridge, VA

Well, I don’t like having to pay them to pay my bill. Their billing websites seldom if at all work for me, thus I’m in an “unwanted “ paying situation. These guys need to get people back to work, and fix their Verizon.com pay sites. It don’t work for me!

Jennifer Goins La Plata, MD

I love Fios a little expensive, but always working and that is one thing less I have to worry with. Connections are on point and it keeps me going for work.

Mike D Hyattsville, MD

This was the best internet service I’ve ever had. Very fast upload and download and excellent customer service on the rare occasion there was a problem.

Steve Colella Coraopolis, PA

Internet speeds are fast which is why we chose them. They need to offer better package options for TV, internet and phone. Their customer service greatly depends on who answers the phone. Some agents are great but others are less helpful.

Trevene Columbia, MD

This is currently my internet service provider. I do not like that you have to purchase your internet based on how many gadgets you may be using. So e.g I have the 100G and that limits us to 6-8 gadgets on at the same time (TV, computer, tablets, phones etc). Plus inorder to watch direct TV on demand you must have internet. As a result, the speed may be slow and require you upgrading.

Chris Coatesville, PA

1st it almost took an act of Congress to get service. Their triple play was cheaper and faster is the only reason stuck it out. I had to sign up for a 2 year deal, so I bought my router. So far the internet is acceptable. I work from home, so It needs to be reliable. The TV is horrible and I do not even use the phone. I wanted to just get the internet and TV, but those together were more expensive than the bundle. I would never choose them again though for TV. If I have to take their internet when I move, I will, but only if there are no other options, as their customer service is non-existent through normal channels. Their TV is light years behind DishNetwork and even direct TV. Sure they have a mobile app to watch... which is only good if you are connected to a Verizon router. The user interface on the in home menu is not good. Really really disappointed.

Krisna Clarksburg, MD

We have been a long-term customer of FiOs, and really like the service, as well as the technical support branch. Customer service is pretty terrible, but maybe you can avoid the pitfalls we had with these lessons learned: #1 Buy your own router - we got a good one for $60 on Amazon, after years of renting theirs for $12/month. They automatically add that rental fee in if you don't tell them. #2. Never believe the chat people if they tell you they will send you a confirmation email in 3-4 days, or if they tell you they are going to waive a fee (which they may offer to, but then don't). Get it in writing right then, and copy the entire chat somewhere so that you have their promises in writing. It took 3 tries to get what was promised - not sure if that is typical. #3 Don't even try to call - you may get hung up on while on hold, as we did. #4Call to ask for a better price when the year intro price is up - it is hard to remember.

Susan M Marlton, NJ

Internet is dependable and when call customer service don't have to wait 1 hr for my turn and usually 1 call totally fixes the problem. Not 10+ calls over 13 hrs and a lot of waiting on hold just to get my internet and tv back on like Comcast subjects their consumers to.

Alicia Holman Gilbert, AZ

I love their wireless modem! It's very easy to use and the service coverage is larger than any of the other ones that I have used. It was very easy to sign up and use their service as well. I also really think they have a great customer service support team.

ousawvh2 Leesburg, VA

Reliability is what I like most about FIOS. My Internet and TV service rarely has any issues. The only complaint I have with FIOS is the cost of their services. In January 2017 I completely restructured my services with Verizon to just Internet and Local TV. Verizon offers a Local Channels Only option that they don't really advertise online. Why? Because it's cheap and offers a lot more channels (SD and HD) than you'd expect. If you're looking to update your TV programming, ask Verizon for a Internet and Local TV Only Bundle. You'll be glad you did.

Sydney Richmond, VA

I have been a customer of Verizon Fios for about 4 years. I have been impressed with the service overall, there have only been 2 times when my service has been unavailable, and it was restored very quickly. They offer great start up packages and try to make the installment package as simple as possible. The only issue I have run into is when I need something repaired or need help troubleshooting, if the issue isn't solved from the website they will charge for a rep to come to your home, which can be frustrated. The Fios website is easy to use and convenient to maintain your account.

Tracy Lyles Cherryville, NC

Great internet for my cell phone love the quality of movies.

Tiffany Lema North Scituate, RI

I love Verizon never have any trouble the internet is fast I recommend Verizon

michelle benedix Dallas, TX

Best internet service always works never have problems and super fast.

A Morristown, NJ

The worst customer service never held so long in my life, horrific

Steven Egoavil Avondale, PA

Absolutely terrible service. WIFI goes down daily. Brand new router. Trash. Last router was trash and was extremely slow. Got a new router and it constantly turns off throughout the day and or I can never connect to it. Been like this for a couple years still not fixed. Verizon has been contacted multiple times and no fix has been provided. Paying money for GARBAGE service. Absolutely not worth. Stay clear from FIOS. Not worth a cent. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Alexandria Lekberg Chesterfield, VA

They were great until the contract was done and it went up $80. I changed to Comcast where it has been more affordable every year.

Frank Rivera Lynnfield, MA

My family cut cable plug 3 years ago. We use Verizon for internet access only. Monthly payment is fair for speed option we elected.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Occasional drops in service without receiving credit. Live customer support is courteous and helpful. However, the CSR was unable to tell me the problem was on their end, even after testing the line. If you have problems with billing, forget it. Long wait times are constant.