Verizon Fios Internet Logo

Verizon Fios Internet

6.8

Verizon is one of the major forces in the telecommunications industry, serving 6.9 million customers worldwide. It has one of the largest cellular phone service areas in the industry that covers the whole United States and 150 other countries.

Verizon's new network, Fios (fiber-optic internet service), is currently growing its user base. Because of this, the company offers some competitive plans and pricing. Verizon Fios offers customers download speeds up to 50 Mbps and no data caps. Verizon Fios internet service also comes with a two-year contract.

View Verizon Fios Reviews

Fios will hopefully be expanded nationwide in the future. It uses new technology to provide some of the highest speeds in the industry.

Besides high-speed internet service, Verizon offers phone, digital voice, and TV service to its customers. As Verizon strives to be at the front of innovation, it continues to bring its customers the best service possible.

The Good

• Plan Pricing
  • Fios Triple Play Bundle
  • Fast Speeds
  • Speed Match

Plan Pricing

Each of Verizon's three plans have a different monthly cost and contract terms.

• Fios Internet 100/100 (Better Browsing Plan) — $39.99 per month, 100 Mbps
  • Fios Internet 300/300 (Better Streaming Plan)  — $59.99 per month, 300 Mbps
  • Fios Gigabit Connection (Better Everything Plan)  — $79.99 per month, 940 Mbps

The monthly price of a Verizon FioS internet plan may vary depending on if promotional rates are available, and the prices may change after a certain amount of time.

For example, Fios Internet 100/100 comes with a one-year price guarantee. Fios Internet 300/300 comes with a two-year price guarantee. Fios Gigabit Connection comes with a three-year price guarantee.

Fios Triple Play Bundle

Customers may also be able to find bundling deals to save on internet, phone, and TV service if purchasing all services from Verizon. This bundle is a deal that matches the Fios Gigabit Connection's fast fiber-optic internet and adds Fios TV and Fios Phone, all for the same price of Fios Gigabit connection at $79.99.

To top it all off, this bundle comes with no installation fee. If you need phone or TV service, Fios Triple Play is a plan that's hard to ignore.

Fast Speeds

The speeds that are offered through Verizon Fios are another very large benefit for their customers and are another way they stand out from competitor service providers.

Verizon Fios offers several different speed package options listed under Plan Pricing.

The bottom tier package (100 Mbps) is near where many other internet service providers top tier packages end. The highest package of 940 Mbps is one of the fastest speeds available for internet users.

The availability of these speeds depends on a customers location. The time of day, number of devices accessing the internet, and other external factors may also affect the actual speeds experienced.

Some competitors offer 1 Gbps, but 940 Mbps is pretty close to 1 Gbps. Any of these Verizon Fios packages would fit any potential customers' needs, especially for those who require high speed.

Speed Match

Verizon Fios offers their customers something unique that helps them stand out. This extra feature is called speed match.

Speed matching means that the upload speeds and download speeds are the same.

The matching of upload and download speeds is unique because most other internet providers offer much lower upload speeds than download speeds.

Often times those upload speeds top out at around 20 Mbps, much slower than the lowest tier in Verizon Fios service.

The Bad

• Additional Fees
  • Contract Required
  • Limited Fios Service Areas

Additional Fees

Verizon also charges other fees, including:

• Equipment fee ($12/month)
  • Set-up fee ($99)

While it is fairly common to charge these kinds of fees in the industry, customers should understand the full cost of Verizon Fios before signing up.

Occasionally, Verizon has a special, promotional offering where set-up charge is waived.

Contract Required

Another drawback to the Verizon Fios services is that a customer is required to have a contract. Each plan comes with a different contract length.

The customer must pay the price they agree to for the full contract.

If they decide they do not want to continue Fios high-speed internet service, they will be required to pay an early termination fee to get out of the contract.

Limited Fios Service Areas

Verizon is a huge portion of the telecommunication industry. Many of their services are offered all across the nation and to other countries around the world. However, Verizon Fios is not offered in as many areas.

There are only a limited number of areas around the United States where it is offered. This can be a drawback for those customers who use other Verizon services (like the phone network) and would like to use the Fios service but do not live within those service areas.

Check their website to see if your area has Fios internet access available.

The Bottom Line

The Verizon Fios is a new service that is bringing Verizon customers some great options. Verizon Fios's packages offer customers blazing fast internet speeds that are much faster than some of the competitor's speeds.

These speeds are unique because the download and upload speeds are the same. Most other internet service providers have slower upload speeds than download speeds.

There are many options when it comes to internet service providers. Verizon Fios is a great provider to consider when choosing an internet service provider.

As with any internet service contract, be sure you understand the terms and conditions. Ask questions about additional fees that Verizon charges, like an installation fee, early termination fee, and equipment rental cost, like a modem and router for setting up wifi internet at home.

Customers who do decide they would like to use Verizon Fios for their internet service will have to sign a contract, which can be a major drawback. Customers signing up for a contract should keep the termination fee in mind.

Those customers who are already using other Verizon services such as their mobile phone will find Verizon Fios a great option for their internet connection needs as well.

View Best Internet Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Verizon Fios Internet below.

3.7

Joseph from Virginia Miami, FL

Excellent customer service. Fiber optic line provides super fast speeds if you want for streaming, gaming and multiple users. Be careful when you have it installed though. They no longer install in walls so if you don’t want them to come through your floor, you might want to hire a handyman to create the hole from wall to crawl for the Verizon installer to use.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Occasional drops in service without receiving credit. Live customer support is courteous and helpful. However, the CSR was unable to tell me the problem was on their end, even after testing the line. If you have problems with billing, forget it. Long wait times are constant.

Trevene Columbia, MD

This is currently my internet service provider. I do not like that you have to purchase your internet based on how many gadgets you may be using. So e.g I have the 100G and that limits us to 6-8 gadgets on at the same time (TV, computer, tablets, phones etc). Plus inorder to watch direct TV on demand you must have internet. As a result, the speed may be slow and require you upgrading.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

Equipment is subpar and outdated,wifi signal is weak and limited in range,customer service is automated and nearly impossible to get a live representative

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

I have used several different internet providers. Verizon is the only one that I can count on to be consistently fast. My other services would range in speed depending on the time of day and how many users in my area were on the internet. With Verizon, I never have to worry about that....it is always fast and allows me to get my tasks done at the speed that I want.

Kurt Lucas Olney, MD

We had an issue with the mainline coming into the house getting cut in the yard. They had a temporary put in next day. Great customer service.

Chris Coatesville, PA

1st it almost took an act of Congress to get service. Their triple play was cheaper and faster is the only reason stuck it out. I had to sign up for a 2 year deal, so I bought my router. So far the internet is acceptable. I work from home, so It needs to be reliable. The TV is horrible and I do not even use the phone. I wanted to just get the internet and TV, but those together were more expensive than the bundle. I would never choose them again though for TV. If I have to take their internet when I move, I will, but only if there are no other options, as their customer service is non-existent through normal channels. Their TV is light years behind DishNetwork and even direct TV. Sure they have a mobile app to watch... which is only good if you are connected to a Verizon router. The user interface on the in home menu is not good. Really really disappointed.

Krisna Clarksburg, MD

We have been a long-term customer of FiOs, and really like the service, as well as the technical support branch. Customer service is pretty terrible, but maybe you can avoid the pitfalls we had with these lessons learned: #1 Buy your own router - we got a good one for $60 on Amazon, after years of renting theirs for $12/month. They automatically add that rental fee in if you don't tell them. #2. Never believe the chat people if they tell you they will send you a confirmation email in 3-4 days, or if they tell you they are going to waive a fee (which they may offer to, but then don't). Get it in writing right then, and copy the entire chat somewhere so that you have their promises in writing. It took 3 tries to get what was promised - not sure if that is typical. #3 Don't even try to call - you may get hung up on while on hold, as we did. #4Call to ask for a better price when the year intro price is up - it is hard to remember.

Susan M Marlton, NJ

Internet is dependable and when call customer service don't have to wait 1 hr for my turn and usually 1 call totally fixes the problem. Not 10+ calls over 13 hrs and a lot of waiting on hold just to get my internet and tv back on like Comcast subjects their consumers to.

Alicia Holman Gilbert, AZ

I love their wireless modem! It's very easy to use and the service coverage is larger than any of the other ones that I have used. It was very easy to sign up and use their service as well. I also really think they have a great customer service support team.

ousawvh2 Leesburg, VA

Reliability is what I like most about FIOS. My Internet and TV service rarely has any issues. The only complaint I have with FIOS is the cost of their services. In January 2017 I completely restructured my services with Verizon to just Internet and Local TV. Verizon offers a Local Channels Only option that they don't really advertise online. Why? Because it's cheap and offers a lot more channels (SD and HD) than you'd expect. If you're looking to update your TV programming, ask Verizon for a Internet and Local TV Only Bundle. You'll be glad you did.

Sydney Richmond, VA

I have been a customer of Verizon Fios for about 4 years. I have been impressed with the service overall, there have only been 2 times when my service has been unavailable, and it was restored very quickly. They offer great start up packages and try to make the installment package as simple as possible. The only issue I have run into is when I need something repaired or need help troubleshooting, if the issue isn't solved from the website they will charge for a rep to come to your home, which can be frustrated. The Fios website is easy to use and convenient to maintain your account.

Gioacco

The service is very reliable. The customer service is very considerate and agreeable. The prices are very competitive. Though the fees do add up fast and skew the price higher.

Alan Ankney

Great service, great TV channels, and great internet service, but some of the phone services need to be investigated. Like telephone orders for moving telephones without screwing up the order.

Kristin Camacho

I like their customer service when there are issues and the speed with which they work to address those issues. They can improve my not charging ridiculous prices for just internet.

Joe Lally Toms River, NJ

The ONLY main difference between FiOS & cable is with cable They have what's called nodes. They might have say 20 or 50 houses on a node. Meaning they all share the same bandwidth. If a lot of people are online at the same time you lose speed(bandwidth) slowing down your connection. (Especially around 4pm to maybe 8pm) Also if you live closer to the hub then your speeds are the fastest with no latency.With FiOS your on by yourself not sharing bandwidth with the neighborhood so your speeds are constant. But FiOS billing is the WORST.HORRIBLE. Everyone the do something they mess up the bill.EVERYTIME.Have to call & get aggravated due to these idiots cant do a transaction without scewing up your bill. They love increasing it. Charging you for stuff that your getting free & discounts on. I DO NOT RECOMMEND VERIZON AT ALL.My son has infinity and his speeds blow my FiOS away.. Verizon is all mouth and no action..Stay away they SUCK

edward reese Hyattsville, MD

Fios has been great for me and now that they are offering Gigabit services, its the fastest i've seen especially with speed match. most companies only provide fast download speeds but slower upload. Fios matches them both!

sandra timmons Joppa, MD

They are always there for us When we call,the following day they respond on time and when they leave the issues are solved-They are clean workers any mess they make sure it is the way it was when they entered our home

Laura Grant

It arrived in perfect condition & sooner than I had expected. We tried it out on our cat last night with the streams of water & I think she got splashed in the face. Today it's on the bubbler setting & she loves it!

Kristen DeCamilla

There have been a few minor issues ( on demand program delays ect) but I am thrilled with the customer service both via online chat or over the phone. Additionally the speed of my internet is speedy and supports all of the devices in my home without any slowness. I love FIOS and will always use it.

Richard Bucksot Mountain View, CA

I have been with Verizon FIOS for about 4 years now, I am very happy with the service that they provide and the customer service!! My only problem with them is, I am on a fixed income and every month my bill gets higher and higher!! I should only be paying right around $107.10 but it has been $110.58 now!! I am locked in with them til June of 2016 and if it keeps going up I will be pulling the plug on cable and going with an antenna!!

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

My husband and I recently switched to Verizon Fios Internet, and we have no complaints. We have many, many devices connected all of the time, and I've not noticed any lag. We also stream TV no since cable is just too expensive, and it's ALWAYS worked. We're so happy we've made the switch to Fios Internet.

Sarah Provo, UT

I have been using version for almost 7 years now and I am still very impressed by how great my service is. On the plus side I know if I ever have any troubles Verizon has always been great and efficient when it comes to fixing my internet.

Mildred Carter Woodbridge, VA

I used to have DSL. I always had problems with my internet. When we switched to FiOS it was a seamless transition and I honestly haven't looked back. The service has very rarely gone down, and when it has, they've been extremely quick to fix it.

Matthew Carbaugh Herndon, VA

Had fios internet bundled with phone service. Internet browsing, upload and download speeds were all super fast even when 4-5 family members were using internet at the same time. Switched to AT&T bundled cell and internet provider ultimately due to price.

Irene Anders Folsom, CA

Internet service with Fios was very fast. We had it bundled with other services and Verizon kept raising the rates the longer we were with them. They would not respond to requests to lower fees more in line with what they were offering new clients. We love the quick internet but not the fees.

Ken Curtis

Started my cell phone experience with Verizon because they had the best coverage and best reputation for customer service. As an older guy I had little experience with cell phones and they held a class to teach the very basics. The staff were pleasant and helpful in way that did not make me feel like a dummy, even though I was when it came to cell phones.

Hazel Handal

Expensive, some times slow even if you get the highest option, as well when you have a contract and you renew it they don't change your router that means all you see in TV with new stuff and faster equipment old consumer won't get it. It really disappointed

Cynthia Hilario East Orange, NJ

Worst customer service ever. A company that does not care about their customers at all. Call multiple times and looks like they don't train their representatives on how to treat a customer. I have one of them tell me "do you need my help or not" and every time I requested to speak to a manager I have to give a whole explanation on why? . My issue never got resolved. Spoke to a manager that told me a bunch of lies, unfortunately at the moment i believed her. They even told me I was going to get a technician to help me, that never showed up. No explanation,no follow up, no escalation. I was even willing to pay, clearly they don't care about their paying customers. Waited and waited NOTHING. I have friends that i recommended to switch to Verizon but I would let know my experiences too. finally I was able to cancel my service and tried to speak to a manager that gave me that worst attitude mrs B. I would not recommend Verizon to anyone.

Benjamin Brown Alexandria, VA

Literally the worst utility provided I have ever encountered. I purchased a router the day I started my services and found out my roommate already had one we could use so I returned it on the SAME DAY and then they told me I would not be charged on my first bill. Verizon Fios not only charged me $212 without my consent, they made it so difficult to refund it that it took over 6 months (and still waiting). After speaking to 15+ "support" agents and 15+ hours later, one of them will hopefully refund me. Absolutely ridiculous that this major company tries to steal money from people without them noticing. Who do you think you are promising to refund me my money 15 times without ever doing so? Honestly the company should be prosecuted for stealing from their consumers and I will be looking into this. Verizon is not the only internet provider in my area so I am planning on canceling all of my services from this awful organization.

GAGANDEEP ANAND Owings Mills, MD

Setup a new order spoke to support a week ahead to make sure everything would go smoothly. Every time there was redundant questions and a varying list of issues that they said would be resolved. Eventually, they said, your "order is not flowing". This was the day after my service should have been active. Spent countless hours/chats/support calls. No one cares, no sense of urgency. Even if your job depends on your internet, no one cares how to pay your bill. No sorry, no compensation for all my troubles, no care. Stop with all the different departments you have, pushing customers from one to the other with no accountability. Simplify your order process, your own support staff is confused out of their witts. This should be all automated, I don't know why you put the customer through so much agony. Read all my support chats, listen to my support calls, it's just crazy. Torture for your support staff and the customer.

J Gabes Boston, MA

My cable and internet have now gone down for the second time, which requires a tech to come out and fix. I work from home and also live in a dead zone, so when they told us 3 days before a tech come out, I was super annoyed because that means I can't do anything at my house (can't make calls, send messages, emails, nothing). So last night I had someone break into my house at 2 am. I live on the first-floor apartment and this person crawled through my window. I couldn't CALL 911 for help!!! When I called this morning to explain my situation, the person who answered the phone got a manager. I expected since this now brings my safety into play they would do everything they could to send someone out to fix the problem. NOPE! The manager was SO RUDE and when I got upset and told her to keep trying, she HUNG UP ON ME. Now I'm on hold for another 23 minutes so I can cancel my service with them. STICK WITH XFINITY! Their customer service is WAY better. These people are SO rude and could care less. DO NOT SWITCH TO VERIZON!!!!

Shadi Mirfendereski The Bronx, NY

I am a person on limited income. I am also a Verizon Wireless customer. After receiving high bills from Optimum cable company, I decided to down grade to internet service only and switch to Verizon. When I called, the representative and I worked over the phone and online. He told me that if installed the equipment myself there would be no installation charge. I agreed. He even told me that there is a manual and the support team will walk me through it. Then he told me that I wasn't eligible to install the equipment myself, but he assured me that the installation fee of $99 will be waived. Otherwise, I would have hung up and thought more about switching companies. He said it will be taken off my bill. I opted for autopay to save an addition $10. The installation fee wasn't waived when my bill came out. So, I called, and after being on hold for over an hour, a representative named Sandy told me that she didn't know who sold me the service since he was in a foreign country and no notation was made on my account. In this day and age, no one at Verizon can find the time, date and the representative who made the sale? I received a $30 discount which I have no idea what is for. So, I called again. The recording said the company will call back. No one ever did. So, I called again. I have been on hold for 1:09 minutes. Is this how customer service is handled in an industrial country?! I have basically been swindled by a representative of Verizon, and my only recourse is to stay on hold for hours, or close my account. This is such an example of conglomerates being accountable to no one, certainly not an individual costumer.

Kenneth

I have been a customer with this company for 5 years. The service is great, pricing is very competitive and my internet speeds are very good. My connection is very reliable.

W. Adamson

This company has provided consistent dependable internet service. That is the opposite of what I received when I was with Comcast. I like everything about the company except their prices. I think they are too high.

James Sturgeon

I'd like to talk to a real person, instead of having to figure out what subject my question concerns. I'd rather talk to a real person about my problem. A lot quicker.

Tina R.Brown Orange, NJ

Whatever you do…in your wildest dreams, do not subscribe to Verizon FiOS, unless you enjoy subscribing to frustration, loss of service, aggravation and shoddy customer service. I began services on Jan.08th of 2019 and have had to call in for tech support from the very first day up until Feb.12th; and I am not certain that will be my last call. On the day of installation, I came home to the TV in the living room and my son’s bedroom losing signals and blacking out. I called and they would shoot a signal that lasted for a hot minute, on the second call I got them to come out the next day to install new HDMI cords. They came back on and lasted for about 4-5 days, and then I had sporadic loss of signals in both bedrooms. I would call and they would continuously reset the boxes, till one day I worked from home and the TV went out. So I called about the TV and they reset the box and literally 3 mins after I hung up the phone my internet went out. All of this after I had sat on the phone for about 40 minutes for the first call. I called back and got a tech that again reset the boxes, said he could see I was just on a support ticket, but he could not re-establish service to the TV. Since I needed the internet for work I just shut the TV’s off and made an appointment for a tech to come out the next day. The call was made on Feb.04th, and tech support was supposed to come out the next day between 5-7 pm. Needless to say that the technician never showed, supposed to have gotten backed up, and I receive a call from customer service to reschedule for the next day…same time. So the tech came the next day and examined the equipment and came to the conclusion that the TV’s in the bedroom needed to be put on Wi-Fi. That was done and we could watch TV in the bedrooms again. Six days later on the 12th while working from home again…the entire system went out...was told the main terminal box was dead. So out of complete service, on the 12th from 10:30 am until 5:00 pm on the 13th. After contacting customer service for a well deserved compensation for loss of services, they issued me a credit of $5.83 for 5 plus days of sporadic service. So disappointed that an organization of such stature would violate and pilfer the wallets of their customers.

Nishita McLean, VA

Pricey, but doesn't fail you. We had a room built in the basement in the corner of the house, and the router was on the 3rd floor. The wifi strength was great not at weak all... we had assumed would be the case.

CR Wyncote, PA

When Verizon services work, they work well, but when they fail good luck trying to reach someone. They are a Baby Bell still stuck in 1960 with an 8:00am to 5:00pm mentality. Try calling them for a service issue after 8:00pm and you will find their offices are closed and they refer you to their website or their app. When you go to their website, you will find no one available for chat, because they are closed any everyone has gone home. This is a company that wants to be an ISP as a hobby, thy are not serious about Internet services. Their Forums are a farce. To sign up you have to guess what information they are looking for, the screen looks like it was developed back when AOL was king and you had to dial in to access your mail. There is an “information” button next to the fields, but you will not obtain any information - hovering over the “i” or clicking on it yields no information. Once you do manage to ascertain what they want and you verify who you are, you are still unable to log into the forums. You receive an error that they are “unable to process your request.” You look for options, you see a menu icon in the upper right, so you click on it. Nada. Nothing. There are no menu options. There’s a drop down in the upper right, clearly a prankster developed their webpage the only options there are “Thing One, Thing Two, Thing Three” which as you might have guessed do not provide links to anything. Maybe the app will be better. Nope. The app is horrible! As bad as the website is, it’s lightyears ahead of the app. The only “advantage” the app has over the website is the fact you are trapped in BOT maze. The chat provides you with limited options for the algorithm to solve and fix the options you can discuss. When you do finally get through the BOT, you find no one is available to chat. Why you ask? Because it’s after business hours and they all go home. How can a company that proclclaims to be an ISP and a “high-speed Internet company” be taken seriously when the world today is 24/7 and they are 8/5? When my contract is up in January, I’ll be shopping for a REAL internet company, one that works in the 21st century. I strongly encourage you to consider your options carefully and signup with a company that will be there to support you when there is an issue (NOT Verizon).

Vicmoney

So far their service is great and whenever there is a problem, which is little they are her to help. The internet is fast and with all the devices that share Fios internet, we do not experience buffering.

Nancy Kreigline

I never have any problems.The service is great & very quick.I also have the security suite which is always working & I never have any virus or any other problems.

Mari Vazquez

They claim they are the fastest. But the wifi to my bathroom is horrible. They randomly shut off my internet one day, apologized and said it was a problem on thier end....NEVER turned it back on ON THE NIGHT OF THE WALKING DEAD FINALE!

R Guru Ashburn, VA

I had internet service with Verizon. I requested for internet service only but they told me that with internet and cable will be much cheaper. So agreed to take promotional offer of $80/month for one year. They told me that they will call/email before contract expires and I need to request them to be in the same plan. After 11 months, I received mail/email saying, contract is about to expire and i need to contact them. I called them. They told me that now promotion offer can't be applicable to both Internet and cable. I then requested to remove cable and they told me that my monthly bill will be now 55 (also asked me to mail their cable box). Next month i received bill of 140. I called them and they told me to pay just 55 and remaining amount would be fixed. I asked them when would the new bill reflected in my online account. They told it would be next billing cycle. I then told, i will pay next month. Next month, bill was 140+140=280. I called them to fix it. They keep saying just pay monthly bill of 55. It was big mess. Bill never got fixed and I didn't pay bill. I clearly told them that till they fix the bill, that i won't pay. After 2/3 months, I moved to new provider. I explained so many times and they never understand problem. It was so much frustration. I didn't know i could take them to consumer court.

Nick Malden, MA

The people working for Verizon are MORONS and the company is a piece of garbage. Apart for providing sub-par service and junky equipment while charging you an arm and a leg for it all, they cannot even perform a simple task as qualifying a new construction home in a new development for service. We purchased a new construction home in a new development. Three weeks ago I called Verizon Fios to ask them to find out of our new construction home in a new development qualifies for service. After being on the phone for an hour with some idiot guy, he says to me I am all set and yes my property does qualify for service at which point we scheduled an installation. Yesterday was the day of installation. I took the full day off (I get paid by the hour not salary) cause they said installation on a home that has never had Verizon could take between 4 to 6 hours. That's all fine and dandy. The Verizon contractor comes by on time and the poor guy was on the phone for an hour with Verizon reps and looking around the property in the heavy rain so he figure things out. Finally he tells me he cannot install Verizon Fios on my property because Verizon never installed any fiber optic cables in this new development and therefore my property should have never been qualified for service. I am done with these idiots. Bad service, bad equipment and completely incompetent customer service people. What a waste of time and money. You guys are absolutely pathetic to have customer service reps lie to customers about qualifying a property like that. And yet that Verizon Fios rep that set my appointment and lied to me about my property qualification is still employed by Verizon and he will make the same mistakes on other poor customers. Pathetic!!! You are not even worth one star!!!

jose castro Newport News, VA

I am a verizon fios customer for more than a years at the beginning I had no issues it was good. However, for the past three months I been having issues with the Internet dropping signal. I am paying for a gig bite of Internet speed so it shouldn’t be dropping signal or slowing down. I contact customer service a few times and every time I call is the same they said there’s no issues with my Internet. And I have to stay with them for another year because I have a two year contract

Robert Wilson Rockville, MD

I use Verizon for home internet access. The speeds are good but the customer service is not. It is often hard to get support for questions from a live person - you have to try and find the information yourself which can be very hard. I also do not like how it is very hard to get a good router other than the one they sell. I have had issues with the router dropping service now and again. Still the speed is quite good.

Ezequiel Gaithersburg, MD

We changed from Comcast to Verizion FIOS and have been extremely happy. There has been no internet issues in the last year at all with them. The service is reliable and the internet has been very fast.

Ellen Morris Potomac, MD

Great internet service. It is fast and reliable. I do wish though that they wouldn't raise the price on me after a year, being a loyal customer, I hope they would better honor that.

Michael Perez Glenshaw, PA

I grew up with Comcast which was good but pricey. FiOS absolutely crushes Xfinity in terms of cost and speed. This would be 5 stars but the tech didn't have the time to add any hardwired connections because he was overbooked for the day. So now we have lovely GB internet in our basement... when all of our rooms are on the second floor.

Evelyn Chidester Riverton, UT

I have been very pleased with Verizon and the service we have been given. There have been several times when I needed assistance with up-grading or adding to my plan and every time I was well taken care of. Sales people have been very helpful by offer options that are helpful to my situation.