Midco Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

In 1933, Midcontinent Communications (Midco) was created to bring the leading technologies and media to the north plains.

Over its almost 100 years in business, Midco has continually innovated and upgraded the service it provides to its customers.

Midco offers download speeds up to 940 Mbps and upload speeds up to 20 Mbps. Customers can also bundle services for deals.

View Midco Reviews

Currently, Midco’s 300,000 customers enjoy fast broadband internet service with quick uploading and downloading speeds. Midco is committed to providing the best service for the areas it serves.

The Good

• Fast Speeds
  • Bundling Options

Fast Speeds

A major factor of internet service is the speeds that the companies provide for their customers. This is one of the major ways that Midco stands out among their competition within the industry. It offers quick downloading speeds that range up to 200 Mbps. While the downloading speeds are standard for the industry, Midco's uploading speeds are more impressive. Uploading speeds are a great deal slower than the downloading speed and are often overlooked. These speeds are:

• Midco Xstream 25: 25 Mbps (downloading), 3 Mbps (uploading)
  • Midco Xstream 75: 75 Mbps, 7 Mbps
  • Midco Xstream 120: 120 Mbps, 12 Mbps
  • Midco Xstream 200: 200 Mbps, 20 Mbps

The speeds of the top three tier packages, (Midco Xstream 75, 120, and 200) are faster than those offered by other internet service providers. This can be important for customers who want to add content to the internet such as videos, and pictures.

Bundling Options

Many companies offer package deals with their internet service including phone and TV streaming.

Midco offers package deals along with smart home services. Providing smart home services is a unique aspect of this industry. Smart home services can include home security systems that can be monitored remotely through a mobile device. This innovative form of security is a huge empowerment for customers to feel safer when leaving their home.

Some packages also include the ability to control other aspects of the home remotely such as temperature, lights, and locks. These extra features can be very convenient for customers who are interested in home automation.

The Bad

• Lack of Antivirus Options
  • Customer Support

Lack of Antivirus options

Internet service providers have become a very large industry with high competition. Companies in this industry must stay competitive by offering high-quality services and competitive prices. Many companies in the industry offer online security features such as access to antivirus and anti-malware software.

These extra security features are extremely beneficial for customers to take advantage of. The internet can be a dangerous place, especially for personal information. Access to antivirus and anti-malware software can help protect customers from online threats.

Unfortunately, Midco does not offer this overall security to their packages. They do offer some security on their Midcontinent email accounts, but it only protects Midco email addresses. This should not be a deal breaker, but it can be a deciding factor if the customer is choosing between Midco and a company who does offer overall security.

Customer Support

Midco's customer support is lacking comparatively in the industry. Some other internet service providers offer their customers 24/7 technical support. This is convenient for customers who need assistance with their service outside of normal work hours. Midco does not offer this consistent support but they do offer an extensive forum and discussion board for customers to get answers and support.

The Bottom Line

Midco is a really great option for internet service in the north plains. It provides fast upload speeds and average download speeds at a great price.

Midco also offers package deals that include smart home services. However, it only offers service in four states North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. This leaves most of the country not covered by their service. The limited service area is a major drawback to the company.

Overall, the company offers great service for competitive prices. We recommend customers in the service areas to try Midco's services.

View Best Internet Service Companies

1.7

Craig Kulla Park Rapids, MN

We recently moved and ended our Midco internet service. We had both email, cable and internet service for years, great service. But what irritates me to no end we ended our service two days ago and they said we would still have our email account for a period of time to what I assume was switch over to another email service. Our email service was terminated the same day!

Terry N Sioux Falls, SD

I've been a customer of Midco since 1994 with cable, internet and for a while a phone. Over those years I can honestly say I have only had a handful of issues and if they weren't resolved over the phone they were there the same day or next day to fix. I don't understand how others can say they have such issues, I have to wonder if it isn't user error.

KELLI&GARY Littleton, CO

They are the best cable company. Fast internet, super staff. Genuine people. Which in a time like this is a rare quality. They have worked with us giving us options on how to keep our wifi on instead of giving us disconnect notices. Couldn't ask for a better company and we would recommend them to all family and friends we have... THA NK YOU MIDCO FOR BEING PEOPLE AND NOT JUST A BUSINESS...

Autumn Chicago, IL

They are awful. The internet goes out all the time. Like it did for me last night and this morning! And you pay a lot for this garbage service. If you can pick anyone else in town, do it!

Jeff Martinson Cambridge, MN

CenturyLink, Comcast, and even Windstream have a much larger service area but in the areas that Midcontinent offers service they are by far the best choice in my opinion. For two main reasons: 1. Bandwidth… Midcontinent offers all 3 of their main bandwidth tiers across all of their service areas. So if you're anywhere in Midcontinent's service area you can get their top Xstream 3.0 service. The Xstream 3.0 service is currently 200Mbs but Midcontinent plans on having this service upgraded to 1Gbs across their entire service area within the next year... and all of their customers will automatically upgraded. Whereas, companies like CenturyLink say they provide 1Gbs service already but these speeds are only available in a very small percentage of their service area with the vast majority of their service areas topping out at 40Mbs, and even worse, a large portion of their service area can only get a maximum of 5-7Mbs… hack, my co-worker can't even get more than 1.5Mbs through CenturyLink and he is paying over $40 a month for this service (I pay $60 for 100Mbs service through Midco). Then on top of this when CenturyLink adds higher bandwidth to price tiers in a service area they don't automatically upgrade their customers within that tier… these customers have to find out on their own then call support and request their service to be upgraded. So over all Midcontinent offers a much higher bandwidth on a national average than most other providers, especially CenturyLink… If you don't believe me do some research, there are several sites (like PCMag.com) that have actually done reviews which include Midco.net… they get over looked a lot because they're not considered a Major ISP. 2. Customer Support… Midcontinent's customer support is local, so when I need to talk to them I can easily understand them. Whereas the larger ISP's like CenturyLink outsource their support to India which makes it very difficult to understand their support techs and makes for a very frustrating and difficult experience. And I've been a Network Administrator/Engineer for 15 years now so when it's frustrating for me I can't imagine what it's like for someone who doesn't have my experience.

Justin Lawrence, KS

Generally solid provider with some hiccups. I have their gig service and am regularly able to get 800-900 Mbit/s on speed tests. This did require good quality network gear and some performance tuning -- do not expect these kind of rates out of any router you get at Best Buy ;). Service outages are infrequent, but often enough to be annoying. Like many other ISPs, their upload/download ratio is way out of balance. I've got 1000/20. I'd much prefer 500/50 instead. As always with all online reviews, I'd just ignore all 1 and (most) 5 star entries here (I really wish review sites would filter out people that only leave extreme reviews...) -- so many with unreasonable complaints, people that don't understand networking, writing in the heat of irritation, etc. As a side note, the "Lack of Antivirus options" complaint is just silly. Keep ISPs out of that business. Providing end system protection should either be user education or directed to appropriate professionals. Networking vendors should focus, on ya know, networking.

Peter Mandan, ND

I've relocated to North Dakota and I've asked around who has the best price/services for internet. Many people have recommended Midco, their services have been reliable and the prices are competitive. 1Gbps Internet I weekly do speed tests via wifi and hardline. I get relatively pleasant results via. Understanding that if the device is connected via wifi, the speed will drop slightly. I do get under 10ms ping response time and over 400mbps via wifi. Hardline, I do get closer to the 1Gbps and under 5ms latency. I'm very satisfied with the Internet services. Basic Cable Cable services have been decent. I've had the suite package with all the channels. Unfortunately, the price was too much for me and downgraded to more basic. My household doesn't really watch TV anyway. I replaced the TiVo DVR unit for the basic cable box. I've noticed the basic cable box is much smaller and has a very dated looking user interface. I'm surprised seeing that kind of menu/guide in this day in age. Smart Home System A technician was scheduled to my home and he was very courteous. He was knowledgeable with the products and specifications with units. The camera system does have a small latency with the live feed, but nothing too concerning for me. The only gripe that I have is that I was informed that the web portal version of the smart home is discontinuing and no longer being supported. The only way to access the live feed is through the mobile app. The app is perfectly fine, I would like to have the option to remote into a web portal that I may have access to the live feed. Other than that, the services have been pretty good.

Patrick Hudson Minneapolis, MN

Placed on on-line order for DSL (with customer owned Modem) at 6:15 a.m., providing the Modem Manufacturer, Model, S/N and MACID in the order form. Received a phone call at 8:10 am from Midco verifying the order. Plugged in the Modem when we returned home from work (around 6:00 p.m.) Modem connected within moments. (significantly faster initial handshacking than on Comcast - where the modem had been connected) FANTASTIC Sign Up and Activation. Thanks MIDCO !

Travis Sioux Falls, SD

Apparently I must be an oddity based on the reviews here. My only major complaint is price, beyond that I've had mainly good experiences. I've rarely had issues with internet and I have the lowest package. The few times I've had to contact customer service I haven't had much problem and I've been able to get prompt service. The only other complaint I have is that their basic DVR boxes don't seem to be the greatest and I've had a few shows not record on me.

Brittany Sioux Falls, SD

I've had Midco for four years now, and I've never had any problems. There's been the odd service outage due to severe weather or people digging without first getting underground lines marked, but other than that, nothing. And the main review is wrong - they do offer 24/7 technical support. They also offer support via social media from something like 9 am to 7 pm.

Mark William Dalton Wyoming, MN

Reliability was okay unplanned downtime about 10 times per year. It would drop packs on their routers (and they did not have the technical knowledge to understand, nor believe the data provided until they observed it live). The worst part is they failed to send what they promised and continued billing me for cable, then had the nerve of charging me for 7 year old equipment for 8 times the current cost of new equipment. Generally I am seeing ISPs are generally poor quality equipment/service, they tend to not follow through and threaten you through intimidation. Not the kind of businesses I like to see. (But you have very limited choice in providers mini-monopolies).

RandomWitch Grand Forks, ND

We are paying for upgraded internet yet it is SOOOOOO slow. ALL THE TIME. It doesn't even connect most of time. And I've tried everything. There's only one device on the wifi and it's horrible.

Bigcountry Fargo, ND

As a Midco customer the service has been decent until this week. As a essential employee, some of my job and all of my training was switched to a online platform. when this happened I discovered that my internet connection was unstable. As I tried to call in and remedy the situation, I was told that there is nothing that can be done. I tried to have my speeds upgraded and was told that I will have to buy a new router and upgrade my service at a high price. This is not a cost that I am willing to endure. To further the headache that I now have to deal with I was told that if I was lucky that I would have to wait until at least the next day if I was lucky. With a company that does not support the essential employees during the COVID 19 Pandemic I will not have any further dealings with this company. They have proven that the only thing they care about it their profit margin. As this is their stand point I am left with no option other than to find a different service provider. due to this I will no longer be doing business with this company until such time that they correct their errors and mzke amends with me.

Jo Li Ely, MN

Been through heck with these rude and arrogant Customer Service people. Been charged exorbitant prices. Mom and I are both elderly and disabled. We are turning them into Americans with Disabilities. Fixed income? Special needs? Try to get help? Run fast as you can. Now they finally sent ups paperwork. No box. No pick up. Nothing but another bill! Then they tell me that we probably are able to get help with costs for disabled fixed income? After 5 months? Now we are expected to leave our home to walk to find a box. Then walk to find a drop off location. During Pandemic, one blind, other partially blind both with underlying medical conditions in a cold climate with snow/ice on the ground! Run away people! Run fast.

CurrentMidcoCustomer Lawrence, KS

The only available tech support is through their support chat. If you have or need to speak with someone that has advanced knowledge of networking, VPN, or other issues, support chat will tell you 'they' are the only 'tier' of support. While Midco says they do not throttle Internet Speed, I'm very suspicious. Realized Internet throughput can vary pending day of the week, time, etc. If you were to run SNMP traps and or other apps that track performance throughput over time, you will see that throughput can vary wildly. Keep in mind, when doing so, that you're not also running other apps that interfere and or alter with connectivity performance. In the Lawrence, KS area Midco is the only ISP that provides higher Internet speeds. There needs to be more competition and alternatives other than Midco!!!

John W. Jones Lawrence, KS

Whoever wrote the Best Company Midco review needs their head examined! Midco is the worst of the worst ISPs. If I could rate a negative star I'd give them 10! Midco 'High-Speed' Internet is hardly what you get. On a 200Mb Internet connection, you'll be lucky to get 120Mb. I've run consecutive Internet Bandwidth download tests over week-long periods and logged inconsistent bandwidth delivery that vary up to 80% of the subscribed service. On a 'DAILY' basis, Internet connectivity drops with no service availability. I've tried their 'Gig' Internet and although all of my machines are 'new' and 1Gb rated by the manufactures, will peak and just over 200Mb. I even purchased a $450 Netgear DOCSIS3.1 Cable Modem Router and still didn't work. And NO, there is no common software on any machine that would throttle the Internet speed. Now comes Midco Internet while running any of the popular VPN Services. I've tried Kaspersky Secure Connection, NordVPN, Express VPN, and Pure VPN. On a 200Mb Internet connection there is a 75% drop in available/working bandwidth. *While Midco 'claims' not to throttle VPN traffic, there shouldn't be that much overhead due to encryption traffic. Granted, there is no QoS/CoS via IP Internet Traffic, though brings up the item of Midco Internet Peering Points. As far as I can tell, Midco does not Peer with ANY Tier I ISP Backbone Providers. It appears they also use virtual servers as peering points in attempt to offload backbone traffic. Bottom Line: You might be able to use Midco Internet for limited home use, though if you think you're going to ditch Cable TV and stream IPTV think again!!! Due to Midco's inconsistant Internet delivery, you 'will' encounter lot's of buffering! **Forget Midco for Business!** I wouldn't even trust their service reliability for being a THIRD Multi-Homed ISP!!! The Lawrence KS area is RIPE for a 'new' and more reliable Internet Service Provider!!!

Zach Tolk Sioux Falls, SD

When Midco switched Modems they sent out a new one that the customer had to replace in the home. That part is fine. The not so much okay part is that the new equipment runs at nearly half the speed as the old equipment. Had issues with it since day one. Constantly had to unplug and reboot the device. Finally had enough of it and asked for a service tech to come out and inspect the issue or replace the modem. The morning he arrives he performs a speed test telling my wife and I that we are only running at 17% speed. Nearly joked that we were paying full price for something that hardly works. Full price being 67$ and change a month mind you. So I take these tests and comments personal. I decide to call in and get some kind of credit back or discount for future months of payments ahead. After 48 hrs of the intial call asking for a credit back Midco reps tell me that there was no speed test done prior to the modem being replaced. On top of the they tell me that the tech said there was no issue with the old one. They offer 20$ off the next payment. What a slap in the face. Rediculous. Incompetent. Money hungry company. Steal from the little guy. If this wasn’t the only company that provides coverage in my area they would be long gone from the premises. If there was a zero stars option for a review that thing would be circled. I’ve said my peace.

Al W Deathe Eudora, KS

Never thought cable could get worse than Wow! Ever since Midco took over Wow my internet and cable just get worse each month. Service keeps coming out and saying everything is fine but they have no idea why the internet drops several time a day and the cable freezes several times during each program. The service techs just know how to hook up a laptop and see a few numbers and then call it good they have no idea what they are looking at or how to problem solve. Usually the service works worse after they work on it. They just start replacing parts in hopes it solves the problem. Midco just cares about getting their monthly fees and could care less about quality of service. If you have any alternative options stay away from this service.

Derek Sioux Falls, SD

Before moving to Tea, SD I lived in Springfield, SD. Their 25 Mbps service was 1000% percent better then the service we've had with Midco the past 8 months. Our internet, when we need it the most; nights and weekends, never works. It always disconnects. I've had multiple conversations with their techs regarding the issue and they do not know why it is doing it. They sent a tech out to replace the router thinking that would solve the issue. It did not. Last night was the final straw. My wife needed to get work & school done and the internet would simply not work. Restarted the router (AGAIN) and still just does not work. To explain my definition of not working; when I can't watch a 20 minute Netflix episode in less then an hour...not working, when I can't watch a youtube video without it buffering 5 times @ 20 seconds per buffer...not working, when I can't record a TV show without interruptions and errors...not working, when my laptop and Xbox get the same IP address and can only use one at a time...not working, when they "access my router remotely" and "change settings" every 3 months...not working. Seriously, this company is complete garbage. I want my old company back with 0 latency and 0 problems for half the price. I cannot wait to get out of this year contract with the devil and move on from these people.

Rylee D Sioux Falls, SD

This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. If I could give them zero stars I would. First I get signed up for there "Special" rate which is really about $90 more than than any other cable company in the nation. They feel that just because they offer 1gb internet which never goes higher than 400mbps wired and 100mbps wireless (So you pay twice as much for half the speed) they can charge you whatever they want. I was paying more than $200 a month for their service of Cable, Internet, and Phone. Cable - I had 125 channels which more than half I don't even watch and not 1 single premium channel. The service would freeze and the mandatory Tivo DVR (An additional $10 a month) would not record all shows, or shows would disappear. I get better service from an indoor HD Antenna. Internet - I am paying for 1gbps services (Their selling point) Aside from the network constantly dropping every day and the service techs continually visits just to say sorry don't know what the issue is. The speed never went over 400mbps wired and 100mbps wireless down and 18mbps wired and 9mbps wireless up. So why sell a gig network if you cannot deliver near a gig. Phone - The phone service is the worst phone service. Static non-stop. I thought it might have been my phone so I purchased a brand new $100 phone and the static was still just as bad as my $30 phone. The techs again could not figure out what the issue was. So I basically bundled my services and pay over $200 a month for 30 channels 400mbps wired and 100mbps wireless internet, and no phone. That’s just the in home services they provide. Now for Customer Service. So they had an issue with billing were I made a onetime payment online and it set me up for auto payments, were it took an extra payment of over $377. (Email from Midco on their error.) ( Dear Midco® Customer: Recently, you may have received a message from Midco that you signed up for automatic payments online at Midco.com/MyAccount. However, we recently discovered that some customers were inadvertently signed up for auto pay while making a one-time payment on their Midco account. We apologize for this issue, which has been fixed; however, we had to remove the auto pay setup on your account. If you did not intend to sign up for auto pay, no action is required. If you would like to pay your Midco bill automatically, follow the instructions at Midco.com/Support/AutoPay to set up auto pay again. We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes you. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact our customer care team at 1.800.888.1300 or via chat at Midco.com/Contact. Thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve you. Sincerely, Midco) At the same time this happened I was transferring services. Why would they have even transferred my service if I was past due. I never received any information on my bill and my account always showed $0 Bal for both the new account and the old account so I had no idea about the additional payment of $377. For the month of January the bill remained at $0. I called in to make sure and was told it was correct the Bal was $0. On Feb 2nd I received a bill for $822 Due Feb 18th, 2018. I almost died. I called Midco to find out why my balance is $822 and I am told by Chad in account management that my $377 payment bounced, and I am now 3 months behind. $200 X 3 = $600 so how am I 3 Months behind if it was only a $377 payment. (This was the payment I was not aware of, that never hit my account.) I ask what they are talking about and they say I made a payment for $377 and it was returned. So they broke down the bill as: $377 - Past due $98 - Pro rate $50 - Transfer of service fee from the previous address $97 Pro Rate for January $200 Next Month Bill for New Address. I won't break down the actual billing as $350 is just fees. I then state that I received no information about this, not a phone call, not an email, not even a letter in the mail. I needed the internet as I work from home and this is how I earn money. CHAD - Relayed to me that he could care less. If I do not pay $600 right now he would disconnect our service. I stated there is no way I could pay that amount. I can understand how they came to that amount and I do owe that but due to the account transfer and their own mistakes I was unaware of the state of my account. I requested that they work with me as I need the internet to support my family. Chad laughed and stated he didn't care if I didn't pay the $600 they would discounted me which at that moment everything was disconnected. Now my bill was stating that it was due Feb 18th, 2018. So I call from my cell phone and get transferred to Chad once more. Chad gets on the phone asking for money. I beg him that I understand that I owe the money and if he can wait until Feb 6th (Only 4 days) I would pay the account in full. Again he stated pay me $600 right now or I am wasting his time. He stated good luck getting another service because they would not connect my service no matter what as he hung up on me. I called back and got Lynda who was at least a little bit nicer. She stated that if I could pay $250 she would push the rest to Feb 6th, 2018 for me. I made a payment online of $250, and my service was restored. On Monday Feb 5th, 2018 my service was once again disconnected. I called in and spoke with Edward who stated that my account had been permanently closed. I asked why and he stated failure to make a payment. I stated that I paid the $250 Lynda had told me to pay and Edward stated that the Payment had been reversed because they wanted $600 or no service. I again stated that the Bill stated I had until Feb 18th, 2018 to make the payment and I never even received a disconnect letter. I was told its not Midco’s fault and if I didn't now pay the full $822 plus another month of $200 plus a $75 reconnect fee they would no longer do business with me. I called the corporate office and spoke with Kathy H. the Director of Human Services. I explained to her what has happened and she states she will do whatever she can to help me out. (Or pretended to do everything) She tells me she is going to make some calls and will get back to me. A few minutes later Kathy called back and referred me to Chris G. the Account Management Manager in Sioux Falls. I call Chris (Who is the cockiest person I ever met) who laughs and jokes for the first 5 minutes acting like he is going to help me, talking about the Super Bowl and everything else. He then turns around and tells me to pay $377 or there is nothing he will do. I ask him to give me until the 6th, and at least turn on my internet which he replies NO pay up or shut up as I he has no intentions of restoring my service or helping in anyway. 5 minutes after my conversation with Chris my account was removed and no longer exists. Stay Away from this Horrible Horrible Company.

Amy D Basehor, KS

We've had constant internet issues since they bought out our prior provider in June. Technician has come out several times and basically said it was either my wiring, phone line or I just have bad luck (yes...he actually said that). He convinced me to switch to internet phone, which I agreed just to prove that was not the issue. I've doubled speed/bandwidth. No change with anything done. I agree with the other reviewer from Lawrence KS that said internet gets throttled at a specific time like 5 -7 pm every day. We never had this problem with the old provider even with a smaller router and slower speed. Internet service is unreliable, which is extremely annoying when you work from home and need good service. Customer service wait times are the worst I've ever experienced. Staff is friendly, but that's about it. If you have a choice, pick another provider. I would never recommend.

Anonymous IL

This has to be the worst cable company in the country. Opened an account in june 2017. They came out and online it said the 25 dollar hook up fee would be waived if they were more then 15 minutes late. He was 23 minutes late. He took almost 3 hours to hook up wireless internet and a tivo cable box. I received my first bill mid july and it had a 50 dollar set up fee but they waived half of it as a "generosity". Called them and they refused to take the other 25 off. It was only supposed to be 25 to begin with. Whatever. I paid the bill. Now its the end of july and they cut my services. Called in and they said i have a 3 month bill from end of 2011-early 2012 for $1300. I was on and off the phone with them , an agency that had the acct and the police for over 4 hours. This has been a three day struggle so far. I explained to them that i was in Afghanistan at the time of this so there is no way that this old acct was mine. The police officer even looked up the owner of the house midco claims i was at and the owners have been there for over 10 years. Again, i was not in the country at the time of this! I faxed over the police report to midco and the accts people and they still cut me off. Very poor way to do business. Avoid at all costs.

Krista Forest Lake, MN

I am extremely disappointed with your company! I am looking into other providers or even going without services. This company just took a severe, sudden, sharp turn into the shallow swamps filled with other major corporations. No warning, hey we are going to start being assholes and rude after over one year of service. I always used to complaint your company for being great with customer service, being friendly and treating a customer like a customer, that you valued their business. Good luck with your new business model. You have made it very clear you do not value my business or my money! You do not have to tell me twice.

Rachel

My internet connection drops daily. It is always looking for networks. I call multiple times per week to speak with tech support and they say "perhaps" try a new updated modem or that I need wireless enhancing equipent. I live in a very overpopulated apartment complex, so it is tough to find an open network. If MIdco can't provide this complex with best internet service, as they do in other areas, then perhaps I shouldn't have to pay full price for service that sucks more often then not., So, Monday, I will swap out the modem, but I have the feeling that wont change anything. I have no problem paying for service that is fast and reliable, but never being able to complete my studying online or watching a movie without interruption is super frustrating.

Cleo Reynolds ,

They double charged me and made my account go negative and just said sorry it’ll take three weeks to send it back to you. There is frequent outages and they are higher priced.

Ashley Omaha, NE

Have used their internet for just a week and so far I can testify that it’s the worst internet have ever used in my entire life. I can’t study, watch, or even browse anything on my phone. To make it worse staff themselves don’t even know what the problem is......I’d say their service and equipments are junk!!! I wouldn’t recommend anyone! Ready to cut that cord with them, ugh 😩. I wish I could give this company a zero for review.

Richard G Whitten Sioux Falls, SD

MidCo cable TV just keeps getting more expensive for the same service. I have been watching TCM as part of my bundle for maybe twenty years. Today I see I Not Authorized and told it now costs another $3.50 per month. Not much, true, but typical of MidCo’s nickel and dime approach. This is why people get fed up and cut the cord.

Juan Jarvis Minot, ND

This company is absolutely the worst. I pay for gig service and never get over 200 mb. I work from home and need reliable service. Once I connect VPN it drops to 20mb. I never once got a gig. I test the service, and I realize they do throttle the service and is unable to provide a gig service. I am looking into see if there is any legal action I can take. I am going with SRT.

Sandy Fargo, ND

if I could rate lower I would - bills are way too much. the channel selections for the packages are set up so you almost have to order the premium pkg to get anything good and then you are paying over $200 per mo. consumer beware - they continue to raise your bill - at least 2-3 times a year. this company is ridiculous to work with. need to find something else.

Shaun Sinner West Fargo, ND

Internet cuts in and out, just lately cable cuts out no sound which really sucks especially when you're deep into a movie and the best part is coming up and all of a sudden the screen will freeze. Then pitter patter its way back to normal after the scene is done; great job guys....YOU HAD ONE JOB

Aeryn Coble Basehor, KS

You sometimes hear the phrase: you get what you pay for? Doesn't apply to Midco... Their customer service is extremely poor and they charge waay too much for what you get. The service is regularly down and brown outs are something you don't just get with the power company. To top that off, I bought my own modem when I still lived in Kentucky and they put it in their records as belonging to them. So they literally stole my modem and then rent it back to me. So if you like thieves that give mediocre service and like over paying... Midco is for you!

Kristi L Bostrom East Grand Forks, MN

Midco is the worst cable company l have ever seen. It's really to bad that l live in east grand forks mn and the only company l can get cable or internet from is Midco. I would drop this company if l could. MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR BILL because Midco likes to RIP people off. They raise your bill and they never explain why. My bill went up $18.52. I called them twice and all l get is taxes went up. THAT MUCH???? No they just like to rip you off. CONSUMER BEWARE!!!!!

Robert Tacheny Braham, MN

Peak hours, works poorly frequently. Verified I'm not passing large amounts of bandwidth (my edgerouter displays real-time traffic over the interfaces) and my internal Network has been tested thoroughly. Pings back to the midco gateway drop. Customer service only wants to send technicians out to waste time, and engineers won't fix their traffic issues. Probably poor over subscription ratios or putting off necessary infrastructure upgrades to save a buck. Either way, been dealing with this for months. No decent alternative available...

Prof_Hindsite Fargo, ND

Their starting plan is cheap, about as cheap as other providers in the area. The price after a few years evens out to equal competitors pricing. For gaming, the internet is significantly worse. Noticeably more ping compared to Cable One. Not worth the switch

Donald Berg Rolette, ND

Midco apparently purchases the cheapest junk equipment they can get their hands on. I've been having troubles for several months. The dvr boxes are total crap! They were here about a week ago and replaced the one I had and now this one went down! I've missed several days of programming. They can't get a tech here until Wednesday. That's almost a week since I started having problems. Not happy, especially when I pay my bill every month. Not cheap either. Internet is crap too!

Naz Lawrence, KS

I had written a review before. the Midco takeover in Lawrence, KS is the worst thing that happened in terms of cable and internet. They had reassured me to honor the Wow contract and surreptitiously, they literally doubled the price of services for the exact same product that Wow offered. Epic fail. I had spoken to them on the phone when they reassured me that the Wow contract will hold and then 2 months later they doubled prices and automatically began charging twice as much.

Gino Moorhead, MN

Constantly losing upstream channel bonding, which then causes me to lose internet for a moment (annoying when you are gaming) While gaming, intermittent packet loss and latency issues. Two home tech visits and multiple tech support calls. Never solved my problem. I am switching.

Dan Andersen Bismarck, ND

Can’t provide the bandwidth they promise. Should be getting around 100mbps down and barely get 20. They blame it on the interference/. Signal loss for WiFi. I’m sorry I’m not gonna lose 80mbps every time I try to use the internet. Doesn’t matter how many time a restart the router or call them. Plus router is literally 5ft away from me at all time. It never gets better. Crappy service from a crappy company.

theodora graybill Bismarck, ND

I hate paying $200.00 a month for a bunch of channels I am not even interested in. All I want are CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, TCM, AMC , BRAVO and adult swim. These are the only channels I watch and care about but now they took away TCM from the basic so to get it back I had to pay an additional $12.00 a month! I am disabled on a limited income and tv is my only companion but yet I am stuck with a bunch of channels I don't even want!!

Jacob Scott Clear Lake, MN

Absolutely garbage. Never get this internet. Sure the speeds and prices can lure you in, but the technicians and customer support are nothing but mindless zombies reading from a script, I have had my internet cut out every day multiple time while doing work and every time somebody comes out to fix it or I upgrade my modem or package like they recommend, it either stays the same, or it gets worse. Worst company ever. Only reason I’m staying is because it’s the only provider in the area. If you have any other options, and I mean ANY other options, do it. Midco. Is. TRASH.

Keith A Bauman Yankton, SD

The billing department is terrible. Have been with these folks for 3 years and 3 months ago they started to screw up our bill and send out late notices when we had paid on time every month. Customer service people do not understand what customer service is at all. So frustrating when you spend well over $200 per month and have to deal with monthly issues.

Nazli Avdan Lawrence, KS

I wrote a review before and I'll say it again. The WOW to Midco transition in Lawrence, KS has been an atrocious disaster. I just got back from a trip to find that my cable service is not working while I've been paying for a bundle. I was never given any heads up and it is literally impossible to get customer service on the phone. It takes 65 minutes on average of waiting on the phone before anyone will answer, if ever.

Paige Grand Forks, ND

I've had Midco for nearly a year now and have nothing but complaints. The tech who installed it said they have the best internet in the nation... he got my hopes up and I've been continuously disappointed. The internet cuts out all the time and the connection is very poor. I have a hard time just FaceTiming or browsing the Internet majority of the times.

Tommy

Many people have problems with this service as it is just a shell company for Comcast with Midcontinent Media fronting some of the initial bill. The same terrible service with just fancier branding. The internet cuts out all of the time, especially at night. As someone who enjoys a few gaming sessions at night, you can easily see how this would be a problem for me. Their service also costs a fortune as they have a monopoly, especially in eastern South Dakota, if you want more than 5 Mbps, you are forced to sign a deal with the devil, i.e. Comcast.

Bob L Brooklyn, NY

Midco is a Monopoly. They control the internet service in the Sioux Falls area and they know it. Consequently they charge, gouge customers because they have NO CHOICE. A basic internet service costs more than the Gas and Electric each month for most of the year ! Their "promotions" are designed to reel you in, and then screw you as parts of promotion expire. It is absurd, irritating to know your being taken advantage of

Zac Emmers Waterville, MN

Very great internet. 99.99% uptime at full speed. Great ping that never goes up. Nice range of TV channels. Great prices.

Tim I Madison, SD

This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. They can't even get the installation right. We have spent hours trying to get them to fix the mess they made - and we didn't even want the service in the first place! There is no way that I will ever consider using them and my advice to you would be the same. They SUCK!!!

Revolutionary Patriot Saint Paul, MN

Midco constantly has outages or failure in equipment to justify the prices they set for services. Customer service is great in the aspect of talking to a person but if you want issues resolved that’s were the benefits end. Have been let down with this service too many times to say anything positive about it.

Hangry Rapid City, SD

Very unreliable speeds. Without internet once or twice a month during peak weekend hours. I owned m modem, and when I canceled they tried to charge me for my modem. Best part is it is not a modem that they offer for lease. Lucky I save all receipts

turbodiezel Mobridge, SD

my bill has increased 20$ in the last 5 months. cable internet up 10 month discount went from 13 to 10 taxes and fees and a couple other hidden charges or so called discounts gone. lack of options in this area tie my hands.