Google Fiber is an internet service provider that is seeking to disrupt the industry with its use of fiber-optic cables that provide quick speeds and high-quality streaming.

Google Fiber provides various internet speeds up to 1 Gbps. It requires a one-year contract and has reasonable prices starting at $50 per month.

View Google Fiber Reviews

While Google Fiber boasts internet speeds that are 100 times faster than most internet providers, its full services are currently only available in eleven cities and regions in the United States. In 2016, Google paused all plans for expansion of Google Fiber, but customers can still access Fiber if it's already available where they live.

#1 Comcast Xfinity Internet chevron_right
3.3
#2 CenturyLink chevron_right
2.6
#3 AT&T Internet chevron_right
3.2

The Good

• Incredibly Fast Speeds
  • Free Standard Internet
  • Several Upgrade Options

Incredibly Fast Speeds

Google Fiber provides internet, television, and phone services through a network of fiber-optic cables. A system which, according to Google, delivers internet speeds that are more than 100 times faster than what most internet service providers can offer.

Creating a fiber-optic network was a time-consuming process. Before a new city could be considered eligible for Google Fiber's services, company representatives would meet with city officials to review the city's infrastructure, roads, and utility paths. If the city was a good fit, Google Fiber's team would create a network design, often involving thousands of miles of fiber-optic cables, that was compatible with the city's existing utility map.

Free Standard Internet

After the network is installed, Google Fiber reaches out to small, concentrated communities (or “Fiberhoods”) in the city to promote its services. Each new Fiber customer is offered a free standard internet plan, which includes 5 Mbps download speed and 1 Mbps upload speed.

While speeds on the free plan are not faster than those offered by other internet service providers, they are free, which is almost unheard of in this industry. After signing up, Fiber customers are guaranteed at least seven years of free internet at one address.

Several Upgrade Options

In addition to Google Fiber's free plan, customers have the option to pay for upgraded plans for both residences and small businesses.

Here are the residential plans:

• Fiber 100 — $50 per month
  • Fiber 1,000 — $70 per month
  • Fiber 1,000 + Local TV — $95 per month, 15+ channels
  • Fiber 100 + TV — $140 per month, 150+ channels
  • Fiber 1,000 + TV — $160 per month, 150+ channels

The small business packages are even more straightforward:

• Fiber Business 100 — $70 per month
  • Fiber Business 250 — $100 per month
  • Fiber Business 1,000 — $250 per month

Customers can sometimes add phone services for an additional $10 per month, as well as Nest products — thermostats, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, and security cameras — for an additional charge (only available on paid plans).

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Lengthy Installation Time
  • Slow Speeds with Free Service

Limited Availability

Gaining access to Google Fiber's services in your area can prove challenging. According to Google Fiber's site, here are the eleven cities and regions that have access to Fiber's full services:

• Atlanta, Georgia
  • Provo, Utah
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • Salt Lake City, Utah
  • The Triangle, North Carolina

And here are the seven cities where only apartment and condo service is available:

• Chicago, Illinois
  • Denver, Colorado
  • Miami, Florida
  • Oakland, California
  • San Diego, California
  • San Francisco, California
  • Seattle, Washington

One way to determine if you're eligible is to enter your address into the Check Eligibility section of Google Fiber's website. Unfortunately, customers in rural areas and less populated regions will likely never have access to Google Fiber.

Lengthy Installation Time

Many customers complained that fiber-optic installation was a lengthy process. As mentioned before, this process involved thousands of miles of fiber-optic cable, and fully optimizing a city for Google Fiber took several months, if not years.

Since Google Fiber is already fixed and installed in its select locations, and cancelled in remaining locations, negative reviews regarding infrastructural installation time probably won't apply to you.

Slow Speeds with Free Service

It's also important to note that, while Google Fiber is one of the only service providers to offer a basic internet package for free, the internet speeds accompanying the free package are no better than the standard internet speed of any other provider. The limited bandwidth of the free plan can be easily overwhelmed by multiple devices such as computers, smartphones, and tablets.

Some negative reviews describe the free plan and complain of slow and unreliable speeds; keep in mind that these experiences may be the fault of the reviewer for selecting a free plan if they had an option to purchase a package.

If Google Fiber is available in your area and you opt for the free plan, don't expect your internet to be significantly faster than other providers.

The Bottom Line

Google Fiber provides impressive packages at competitive prices, and the potential for a free plan is a generous perk. But while Google Fiber is providing internet speeds up to 100 times faster than the competition, its expansion and installation processes were considerably slower than the competition.

In general, Google Fiber strives for quality customer service and generous policies. You might be impressed by what Fiber has to offer, but you might be deterred by Fiber's announcement to pause expansion — could this mean future cancellation in existing cities?

View Best Internet Service Companies

3.1

Kalo Sekona

February 19th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT

Super fast! I had an awesome experience and it was free when it first came out in my area.

RodrigoRamirez

February 11th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome internet at an awesome price. No package or advertisements. Just straight up internet I enjoy and would expect nothing less from Google.

Lin Li

January 23rd, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I switched to Google Fiber last November, only two months later, the internet stopped working on Jan 12th, I contacted their customer support, but the earliest available time slot for them to send somebody onsite was 3 days later, I waited for 3 days without internet service at my home, the problem was fixed by replaced the fiber jack, however, today, only 1 week later, the internet stopped working again, contacted their customer support, the earliest available time slot is Jan 28th, means I have to wait for 4 days without internet at my home, how horrible their service is. I think it is acceptable the service may have problem some times, however, it is NOT acceptable that the problem happens so often, and every time, we have to wait for so many days for them to send a technician on site.

LAINMO

December 16th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The good: Google fiber has great customer service, and is hands down the best internet and tv option. The bad: they worse then Time Warner was about raising prices. Too often I am getting a price increase, 10 or 20.00 per month. Feel like they are taking advantage of their customers

Amy

December 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service and great customer care. Love it

Kylie Howes

December 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google fiber is a great wifi service, and they sometimes will offer discounts for students depending on your college/university, which has been a lifesaver for me. The coverage usually works pretty well, and doesn't disconnect very often, although that will occasionally happen.

Roberson

December 9th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google fiber is a decent internet provider compared to other companies, speeds are over par.

Bryna

November 24th, 2019 Kansas City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have free internet at a low bandwidth that covers streaming, but their next level of internet is a little expensive.

GC

October 15th, 2019 Olathe, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We observed the cables being put in in our neighborhood; which seemed to be done rather fast and hasty, maybe even sloppy. Indication of future service? Maybe. The promises for the service were "speeds up to x", which means you will never actually achieve these speeds. Our service was much slower, and we were told insane tips such as "increasing the length of your account password will increase your speed". Yes, by a Google Fiber customer service agent. But the most disorganized interaction happened when we cancelled the service due to selling our house and moving. We were sent a code to go to the nearest FedEx office to return the equipment. After paying $6 for shipping, the items were on their way. Received an e-mail that "the equipment has been received but not internally processed yet." We were assured each time we called about that, that it was ok and nothing to worry about. Fast forward 1 month, and we see a charge of nearly $600 on the credit card that was used for billing for the now cancelled service. While speaking to the customer agent we learned that: 1. He could see the e-mail that the equipment was received from FedEx, but not internally checked in. *on hold* 2. He didn't see any account details, because the account had been closed. * on hold* 3. That he was able to see old account details after all. *on hold* 4. That the issue will be "researched further and the money will be refunded after the research is concluded." Ok Google, this doesn't even make sense. The equipment has been shipped by us, you have sent a message that you have received it but not internally processed it. We have a verified transaction that we shipped it, and you have sent the message. Any further research should be aimed at your internal business processes where it seems a couple of dots were not connected right. That should NOT involve a charge of $600 to us. We left off that the money will be refunded within 3-5 business days (it didn't take that long to charge us) and there will be an e-mail that the issue is closed. Looking back - the way the cables were laid seemingly hasty, careless and uncoordinated was continued in the delivery of the service and the after the discontinuation of the service. Cool technology, but it seems very poor business execution.

Marc

October 14th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently upgraded from their free internet, which was already great, and it has been so fast. Downloads are lightning.

Victoria

October 14th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google fiber is so quick and easy to use! I love how I can stream tv faster than I ever have been!

Cameron Clark

October 14th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love google fiber. They always provide such quality wifi and it is so convenient.

Zack

October 9th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had positive experiences with their customer service. Their network boxes, however, function as terrible routers. I can have line of sight and an interrupted network, and this has been the case with multiple network boxes at multiple residences. The less expensive of the two plans is INCREDIBLY throttled during peak times (I cannot speak to the more expensive plan), to the point where only one connected device will have moments of very low definition video playback, games lag to the point of getting kicked, and all while within 20 ft of the box. Just because it's fiber doesn't mean they don't still have the same issues of other internet service providers.

Zac Marx

October 8th, 2019 Brighton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Google Fiber! The connection is fantastic and we never have a problem. It is efficient and cheap.

Matthew Kenyon

October 7th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Fiber is not at all what it claims to be. Once you sign up for google fiber I promise you will be disappointed. The speeds are not at all what they claim. The price is $20 higher than advertised on their website. You cannot get Pay Per View on the Television. You cannot get Amazon Prime and most other apps on your smart TV. When you call customer support they will tell you that marginal speeds are awesome, which they are not. I had Direct TV at my last house and it was faster, easier, and way more flexible than Google Fiber. I would do you research, because this will not be everything you expect it to be.

Ellen Morris

October 3rd, 2019 Potomac, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Google Fiber has been mixed. At work the connection is excellent and fast. But at my apartment complex, it is slow and bogged down with users and I often have to use cellular data to do what I need to do.

Rhonda

October 3rd, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve had Google Fiber cable and internet about 3 years. No premium channels with 5 boxes, I pay $193 a month. It used to be $160 a month with no premium channels. But the price keeps going up. Now my real problem comes when I called the Austin Texas location I spoke with Gabriel J. They e mailed saying my network box was having problems. (No problems on my end) but I went to the local Google Fiber store and got a new box. When I got home it didn’t work. So I spoke with Gabriel. He was not helpful. He never made sure I plugged in everything right. When I asked his name he asked “why are you gonna google me. “ I asked him to transfer me to someone else who could help. He said all of the supervisors were busy. And they would call me later. So I asked if I could talk to a technician. He responds “I tried to get you set up with a technician but you didn’t want that!” That was a lie. I just wanted to talk to someone who could help me, since he couldn’t. I told him it’s messed up that I had to go to the local store to pick up a new box. He responds, “You didn’t have too! You should have called a technician!” Very rude!! But the e mail didn’t say that. It said find a local Google Fiber store. Now I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to have a technician look at the non functioning equipment that I had to go get! Very frustrating especially with the high monthly payment I have. He was very rude. Maybe he needs to find another line of work.

Miles Strother

September 30th, 2019 American Fork, UT

We get Google Fiber through our apartment complex , and it's definitely the fastest internet I've ever had. While it is a bit pricier, I believe it's definitely worth getting. In over a year and a half, we've only had one half-day of issues.

Garrett Mingus

September 30th, 2019 Provo, UT

I have been using the free plan. The internet isn't the fastest, but it's still good enough to use for most things.

Cyndi

September 23rd, 2019 Lee's Summit, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Let me preface by saying that I changed to Google Fiber when I made the decision to cut the cable cord, mostly because I wanted to be able to use the existing coax cable for the HD Antenna I put up on my house...which works great for local stations. My thinking was that Google adding a fiber connection for internet service would be a better option because the internet service would be isolated on it's own network in my house. Also, I work from home full-time and need the internet service to be consistent and capable of handling my 8-11 hour work days as well as my son's gaming computer and multiple wireless smart-home devices and cell phones. There are pros and cons to my thought process. Pros: In fact, the existing coax wiring to my entire house connected to the digital HD antenna on my house works fabulously for the 40+ stations that I receive locally for FREE. I already use Netflix and Hulu and Prime so there are no "additional" costs by changing ISPs. Google did in fact run a separate cat 5e/cat 6 line into my house and to the modem...which is where the pros end. Cons: 1) My previous two cable/internet providers provided FREE downloadable internet security (Norton) for all devices connected to my network, Google does not offer this and when I asked about it, they seemed totally unaware this was even plausible, to the point of apathy, so my cost $80/yr. 2) The first installer that came to the house to setup connectivity brought equipment and then went outside to setup the connection and found that the 3rd party company that ran the fiber cable up to my house didn't actually turn it on. So they had to reschedule installation for 3 weeks later! Why so long? Google doesn't actually lay their own fiber so they have to coordinate the 3rd party company to come back to your neighborhood and get into the box to turn it on...are you freaking kidding me? They don't have access to their own fiber boxes?? Meanwhile I had already scheduled the disconnect of my Xfinity services and had to call them back and tell them not to cancel and pay for another month of service for which Google gave me zero credit for their delay. 3) Payment - while many may not care that the ONLY option available with Google Fiber is to give them your bank account information or credit/debit card number and they bill you automatically on the same date every month, I personally find this intrusive and overly demanding. My bank account cards are my business to manage and my credit score reflects that I am very responsible in doing so. With all of the large and small companies that have been hacked on a global scale I simply don't trust that Google is any better at protecting my information than Equifax or any other company. And to make this worse, once they have the information you can't remove it from their website. However, a word for the wise, go get a visa pre-paid card and enter that number on your google account to minimize your own risk and you can cancel any time by just not reloading that card. 4) Wifi signal SUCKs with the modem that Google put in my house. I had the exact same setup with Xfinity and never had issues with wifi slowness. The admin interface on the account/modem is real old school. It's like they bought modems from a 3rd party company that are 10 years old and they don't even understand that there is much better equipment available. I have called them multiple times about it and they keep trying to get me to change the setup from splitting out the 2.4 and 5 to combining so the "modem" will decide which connection is best for the device connecting. Uh...no...tried that and it was MUCH worse than manually connecting to the band that the devices are capable of. Then they said to reset the modem...okay - still no better. And of course I got the lecture from them about how wifi speeds are affected by the number of devices connected blah blah blah. Yes I understand that but when I haven't added any devices since switching services from Xfinity to Google and Xfinity only provided 400 mbps and Google is selling their service as Gig speed it should get better not worse! 5) I have my office device (for work) hard wired to the modem and still the speeds are hitting 600+ or - at best, ever. While this is decent connection speed, I've never seen anywhere close to 1000. The wireless devices in the house sometimes get max asymmetrical speeds of 80-120 and sometimes it pegs out at 9-12 mbps. Definitely NOT the hype that Google promises as Gigabit internet speeds. 6) I have inquired multiple times about getting a better modem from Google and their customer service simply isn't equipped to handle any issues themselves. They don't know how to resolve issues that aren't on the script in front of them. So I have also purchased a Wifi extender just to get the signal out to all the rooms in my house, but I still wait and watch as facebook posts won't load etc. Count me as dissatisfied.

Kristin Clark

September 23rd, 2019 San Antonio, TX

Friendly but not so helpful. I signed up for google fiber as soon as it became available in my neighborhood with an installation date set for September 13th. The tech showed up a little later than the 10 am scheduled time but it’s ok. It’s normal. After changing out the wall mounts to their fiber input, the tech stated that we didn’t have a strong enough light reading and we could not set up until someone came out to work outside on our line. He packed up the router and equipment and assured us that either he or someone else would contact us later that day to let us know they were on the way back to install our internet equipment. Well, that never happened. When I called back at 5 pm I was told that our ticket that was created, was marked as complete, and that no one else had been scheduled to install our services. When he looked deeper into our file, the rep said that our reading was still too low and that he was completely unsure how this even happened at all! He offered a $50 credit on our account and scheduled us for a new appointment. The earliest appointment was 8 am September 17th though. So September 17th comes along. 8 o’clock. 9 o’clock. 10 o’clock.. nothing. So we call again. No appointment had been scheduled! I get off work that evening and call myself to get more information. Apparently our issue outside had not been resolved. It had been marked as ok. The advice offered to me by the rep was that I should have kept my old services on until the new ones were up and running. But this is after my walk inputs were REPLACED by google fibers inputs! So it’s not even possible to use the old service! So.. here I am on the 20th with a new appointment scheduled for the 24th just waiting. Yes I’m on a list to have services installed if an appointment time becomes available BUT the issue outside has still not been addressed! So if someone DOES show up nothing can be done! All this and I get a $50 credit. I am beyond frustrated with this company. I need strong service because of the type of work we do from home but is it all really worth it? Im not sure I’ll ever find out. Everyone is nice when I call but I need more. I need results and I need them soon. Unhappy and not even a customer yet.

Jillian

September 10th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ok so I’ll preface this with saying overall, google fibers speed has been fine. But I’ll tell a story that will paint a picture on their customer service. Back in May, a garage burned down in the alley around our block. The garage happened to be right next to the pole holing our cables above ground. We lost service. Act of god, no worries, just hoping no one was injured in the fire. They come a few days later and check our box (even though we told them about the fire), they say “well we have to rule out your network box first, it’s protocol”. Cool, whatever. They come, realize it’s the fire (weird) and day they’ll send out a crew to fix the cables outside within 72 hours. So by then we’re out of internet for over a week. They fix it, it goes out again days later. Because instead of hanging the wire above ground, they lay them on the ground across the alley, and guess what! A bobcat comes in to demolish what’s left of the burned garage. Ok, again not necessarily google fibers bad, but it would have been cool if they’d not laid fiber optic cables on a street that gets traffic. We wait again. Protocol again. Fixed. Out again about 2 weeks later. A large vehicle ran them over again to start rebuilding the burned structure. At this point we’re begging google fiber to hang the wires so this stops happening. 7 outages later we’re in September, out of Internet again and now they’re telling us WE should have been contacting the city or kcpl to have the pole replaced so that they can hang the wires! Ok cool, we’re calling the city, putting in requests with kcpl for a replacement pole. Fiber says they’ll go ahead and fix it again within a day and then come back and hang them when the pole is replaced. 2 more days go by, nothing fixed, we call, they say “oh no, we’ll come fix it AFTER the pole is replaced” which could be weeks for all we know! My partner is a real estate photographer so he needs to able to upload photos as soon as he’s home from work, and if he can’t, he has to go to a friends, or somewhere else that has fast internet to upload. Which means more driving (money) for him, plus less time for us to spend any time together after working all day. I’m mostly ranting because I have to vent about how absurd all of this is. I guess just be aware if you have some wild, random problem pop up like this, don’t expect it fixed for an entire season or more.

Cin W

August 13th, 2019 Kansas City, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Figer is a shady company. I’ll explain why... I had service, then one day it went down, they came out to replace the router and all, said it was beyond my house and had to schedule a field tech to come out, then nothing wrong and scheduled a construction crew out. Several days lying to me telling me they have a 24 hour turn around and I’d have service today. Twice in all this, I was issued a $25 credit, twice, for my trouble and inconvenience. Then they couldn’t give me answers on when I’d actually get it fixed saying they have no way to communicate with these other crews. So I schedule a different company to set up internet service. This new company could give me an answer, that I’d have service the next day from 1-3pm, lol. I called Google Fiber and cancelled my service a week before my bill was due. My account was prepaid where I always paid for the month in advance. While cancelling, the girl told me I’d still be billed that next week on the 13th anyway then refunded a month later. I said I’d just remove my card from the account and she laughed, I saw why later, they don’t allow you to remove your card without adding another one. So I locked my credit card to avoid this unnecessary payment. I am not your bank Google Fiber, borrow money elsewhere, lol! With that seeming shady, I videoed my returning the equipment, otherwise they’d try to charge me $200 if I hadn’t, the gal in the Kansas City location was very upset and even that I not record and delete my recording. She told me I’d get a refund of $86.67 that next month. Then I get an email saying I’d get a $36.67 refund, my prorated amount. Several calls and lies later, this manager tells me today that the $50 credit was only if I stayed a customer and was deleted. I said I was never told it was if I stayed a customer, I was told it was for my trouble and inconvenience. He even said I’d need to turn to reviews, social media and the courts if I want my $50 refund, so I guess Google Fiber is my new favorite hobby. I guess they’re so big for their britches they don’t realize that people do actually read reviews and steer clear from shady practices. I know I do. Just ridiculous Google Fiber, lol. After reading other reviews, I see my entire metro area has had service issues for 3 months now and others have been billed for services not received as well.

Kaya

August 13th, 2019 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got GF about a week ago and already having problems. The connection and upload speed is the same as with Spectrum, nothing to brag about. For 3 days out of this week internet was patchy, and today it's mostly been down. 7 hours with no internet during a busy Monday, and now it's out again after 2 hours of working. Seriously considering going back to Spectrum. It was cheaper and more reliable.

Krystal Taylor

August 2nd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely loved their service. Their product was top notch. Occasionally my roommates might complain about the speed, but we were using the FREE version, and I never had any issues with it. The customer service was great, they were very helpful whenever we called.

Troy Coyle

June 26th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thought Google Fiber 1000 would be instant response but it’s not. It’s gone down a couple of time that requires a reset of the modem. The TV that goes with it freezes and garbled. We are going back to Xfinity. Way better and more reliable.

Taylor Walker

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Fiber is really good. It's easily the fastest internet I've ever experienced. I also love that they have various plans and even have a free plan available in Provo.

Mike Liddle

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service is free, so I can’t complain too much, but my 1 mbps service is usually running at .5mbps down and .3 up. The service options are too far apart. The next option is 50 mbps which is too expensive and not worth it for most users.

Dane robertson

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how affordable google fiber is. My wife and I love our WiFi because it’s fast and doesn’t break the wallet.

Benjamin Walbrecht

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google fiber is a great option if it’s supplied in your area. I have the free package, but they allow you to upgrade to the 100 or the 1000 package for days at a time and prorate it. If I need fast internet for a day, I just pay the 2 bucks for that day and then cancel the next day.

B Winward

June 11th, 2019 Orem, UT

Seems to run fast and is easy to connect with and compatible with basically any device

Kyle Gardner

June 10th, 2019 Provo, UT

At my apartment complex we have the free basic Google fiber internet. For being free, it is excellent internet that is usually suffieny for watching youtube, surfing the web, or doing any homework online. If you are a big streamer or gamer then it probably won't be suffient and you'll need to get the upgraded internet services. My roommates often feel frustrated by the internet speeds when they are gaming, but over all it is great free internet.

Josh Sykes

June 10th, 2019 Meridian, ID

I appreciate the culture Google has. The fiber is a great idea for some cities, and works well enough for my needs.

Brenda

June 10th, 2019 Spanish Fork, UT

I had the free version for a while and I was always having trouble with the box that they install in your house. It was constantly disconnecting and we would follow the instructions the customer service person would give us but ultimately they would just have to send someone out. This happened multiple times and so we no longer use them anymore.

Marissa

June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had google fiber in Provo for several years and it was the best! I NEVER had any problems with the internet bugging out, and the speed was incredibly fast. It was the absolute best. I wish the town where I currently live had Google FIber!

Grant Lofgreen

June 4th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've enjoyed free service the past three years while at school. This has been a huge plus and I've been very happy with the service. The pro-rated data speed increases are also very nice!

Amy Farmer

June 4th, 2019 Provo, UT

Google fiber is free in my city which is awesome! The only drawback is that it can be really slow at times.

Michelle Hudon

June 3rd, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started with google the moment they came to kansas city. [email protected] was horrible and dish network was ridiculous in price and service. They have been so wonderful and kind. My older mother has wrecked 3 remotes, no problem for google and a quick fix. We had a house fire and for a year I couldn't get google at my temporary home. They were so above and beyond. I was charged minimum fee, so that when my home was rebuilt, they would not charge anything to redo my entire home with wiring and boxes. The internet has allowed me make a smart home, so all is at ease. I have great tv with them and some benefits of just being happy with no interruption in service. Only once was there ever a big issue and that was because of the royals. Google did everything to apologize and impress me even more. I tell everyone..why leave I have never had service like this! Every time I go to walmart and dish or spectrum comes to tell me try us I make it clear, I dont care what you save me. I wont leave google.

Adam Hellewell

June 3rd, 2019 Orem, UT

We signed up for a free plan when Google Fiber came to our area. The speed wasn't amazing, but hey, it was free.

Claudia Soto

May 31st, 2019 Park City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When living in a city that offered Google Fiber, I was very happy with the service! Fiber offers high speed internet and great customer service. I hope Google Fiber can expand to other cities so more customers can use it.

Emily Walker

May 31st, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Fiber has been super easy to work with. They have always helped us when needed and been very friendly throughout the entire process. The set up is very easy as well.

Jacob Shaner

May 28th, 2019

Very good internet connection and great customer service. The free package is a good speed, and the next up is quite the jump from free. I’m surprised they don’t have a $10 a month option. The next package up would definitely be worth the price if I needed that much speed.

Anne Sainsbury

May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At my old apartment we were benefactors of google fiber. The internet wasn't the fastest, but it was free so I was happy! Great customer service when I called to get a new black box installed!

Paul Kostansek

May 2nd, 2019 Cary, NC

Google came to my house and installed their box after I was an ATT fiber and U-verse customer. They pulled my ATT wiring from my ground, sliced the connections, and I am now 48 hours with no internet or television.

KSCOMOGA

April 8th, 2019 Overland Park, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The short story is Google Fiber is a fresh start up TV and internet service. They should have worked the bugs out before they sold their services. I did not receive full service for over five months which is documented in my file. I couldn't record, I couldn't even change channels most of the time, and my one G internet was so slow I had to watch pictures download like dialup. The Google Fiber internet speed test stated my speed was 24 mbps not the 1000 I am paying for. It took Google over five months and several equipment exchanges to find a simple mistake that is now supposed to be in the support team’s manual. Google still charged me $1200 for the time their service didn't work and they refuse to credit my account more than $25. No body would pay for electric service if they didn't have it why should I pay for Google when I didn't have it. I thought having Google internet and TV was a good idea because of Google's tech leadership. I have had several large problems with Google including ruining two of my computer's hard drives which has now been proven. Google Fiber is at the bottom of the list when it comes to internet and TV service. Hook up cable and save a lot of hassle. Nothing is ever their problem it is always somebody else’s. I would like to add that the recordings that were saved before Google started having their problems were for the most part unable to play and when they did play the recordings had many problems such as not lasting the full length of the show, recording having bad video or volume or having pixels instead of video and more. More often than not the entire Google screen would freeze not allowing me to do anything at all. This incompetence cost me $208.31 per month. Google would never call me back after they stated they would, I always called them back. It was as if they didn’t want my business anymore since they had no idea how to repair the problems. On Googles behest I tried to record five programs and I gave them the program and time, they never called me back about the results. I went out and bought an antenna so that I was able to receive some entertainment and news. I thought everything was repaired in March but it started again on April 3, 2019. According to Google it's my fault again; all of my computers are not capable of getting the high speed internet even though they did for the last two years. It's my fault, it's my computers fault not Google's fault. Google has no culpability. Again Google Fiber cares about no one other than Google Fiber. Don’t do business with them.

Davis

April 4th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Google Fiber has been a train wreck start to finish and left me with nothing but anger and resentment (and damaged property). Firstly, upon installation the technician drilled an extra hole in my wall and did absolutely nothing with it just left. I brought this up at the storefront location when picking up my box and was supposed to receive credit for the damage and never received anything. I forgot about it for a while due to being behind an entertainment stand until I was moving out of the property. I started doing some speed tests and had only been getting 10-12 MBPS. Unfortunately, at this time I was getting close to leaving that property so canceling the service was more important than spending hours trying to trouble shoot and get it fixed. I terminated my service over the phone 3/5 and asked for a partial refund for the poor service speed. I was informed that I could not get a refund because I had not “complained enough.” The agent I canceled with informed me that the billing cycle was the 13th to the 13th so he would put my cancelation date down for the 13th and I would not receive any additional charges after the 3/13 bill date. I then received an email stating my account would be charged $70 on 4/13 for the coming month of charges. I quickly called to get this resolved and spent over an hour on the phone with the technician to get this resolved and ensure I wasn’t charged for services I had not been using and would continue not to use. They would not cancel the entire month only after the date I called because the previous rep stated 4/13 which still doesn’t explain why they would charge me an entire month in advance. I asked to listen to the call as well due to the rep stating on the previous call that I would not be charged any further and they would not let me; I then asked for a copy of the call so I could review and again was denied. I asked the rep why they can review a call and use that to bill me without letting me review it as well or listen in and he stated, “that is where we are at.” (Super helpful) So I now have a hole in my wall, have been over charged for services that have been received, and are being charged for services I am not using when they were communicated to me previously that I would not be. I personally will never use Google Fiber again and will make sure that all the tenets at my rental properties know of my horrible experience as well. Good job Google on your poor customer service losing you multiple customers in one fell swoop.

Abby Driggs

March 26th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Faster wifi than any other cable company I have ever used and it is free. How is that possible? I don't know. But I have loved it.

Stephanie

March 19th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Too expensive they do not offer specials at all. My cable is in and out, slow or freezes sometimes. My Internet is okay. Not happy with Google Fiber.

audrey

February 14th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My internet went down on Saturday, called and they said the soonest appointment they had was Wednesday.. my 8am appointment arrives on Wednesday and no one shows up, I call at 9am to see whats going on and they told me someone knocked on the door but didn't get an answer. I know this is untrue because I was sitting right by the door from 7:30am-9am. Now they rescheduled me another far away appointment, I work from home and have been without internet all week. awful. When i had at&t wifi they showed up hours later when I had a problem.

Brian Scott

February 13th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Living in Provo we were one of the first people in the country to get Google Fiber and it's awesome! The internet speed is fast and consistent and much better than our previous internet provider.