Cox Internet Logo

Cox Internet

6.1

Heather Schmid Phoenix, AZ

Cox has been less than helpful in our area. We do not get good service and techs can’t pinpoint why (even though we have new wiring) and their only solution is to add wires on the outside of our house (ugly and not hoa approved and more money) not ever credited for days of outage. Do not recommend.

June Omaha, NE

Plan is expensive while it does not match the service they provide. We paid over $100 per month for Cox internet, but facing several times of interruptions everyday, some times we don’t have internet for over 10 minutes.

Gabriel Sanchez Phoenix, AZ

With constant speeds over several devices. Cox high speed interest has help my family with working and going to school from home.

myron wynn ,

I don't like how cox can raise your bill with out telling you. I don't like that I can't cut just my cable off with out having to pay big cut off fees. The fee to cut off my cable was $80 now bec I waited 2 or 3 months its $110. They don't tell you everything when you set you plan up then they try to make you feel like your crazy telling you it's always been like this. My bill went from $120 to $150 in 2 months. So at the end of my term I'm cutting it all off. Never again very very disappointed

VF New Orleans, LA

This is a terrible company. I have been paying for premium internet at 150 mbs in New Orleans. yet i mostly get 10-20 mbs at best. It often fails completely Their customer service number is awful. They lie to you a lot. Their technicians dont know what to do other than reboot the modem and their managers give you smooth talk but dont mean anything they say. This happened with Seth last month and Sara on 1/16. Sadly they have a monopoly. If they had a good competitor they would be out of business

Dmitriy Suyurov Everett, WA

The worst customer service ever. Nobody knows how to help you; they will transfer you around hoping the next guy/gal will know how to help you. Their billing is the most confusing and no one can explain what they are charging you for. They have no problem charging you extra each month. Can't wait for the contract to end.

Rylee Licano Phoenix, AZ

We are having to upgrade our data due to kids having to be online school and I work from home. We called Cox and they told us to get gigablast and it was unlimited. They sent us the wrong box so my husband had to call them and was then told that we were lied to. To get unlimited we had to pay more money. He talked to a manager and they refused to honor what they told us. Cox should be ashamed for telling us one thing and then refusing to honor their word. Sad part is we are stuck using Cox because no other internet company has the speeds we need in the area.

Kent Jensen Newberg, OR

the Equipment had to be changed 3 time to find a box that worked out of the technicians van. Customer service is more interested in selling upgrades than helping with problems. Same as most providers.

Janet D Bartels Sierra Vista, AZ

We had issues of our internet dropping a lot. Techs came out several times and nothing changed. Finally they put in new coax cable and that did the trick.

Me

If I want better inter net. It's 120 a month , then the easy internet hook up I can't use the 300.00 WiFi they wanted to have. After sitting on the phone for 1 hour I get to talk to someone ''

Peter Duffy

I've always had decent service from Cox. I may not always get the advertised speed I'm paying for (1Gbps) but the service is stable and isn't overly expensive.

Morgan Lloyd Irving, TX

The internet has regular disruptions (I'm in OK). There is a data cap with very few notifications on updates. When you get to the end, it goes super fast and doesnt add up on the usage. I used 15% in 3 days towards the end of the month so that i would be charged overage before the month was over. They really seem to take advantage of their costumers and there costs are ridiculous in camparison to other providers I have used.

Paul Fullerton, CA

If I could give COX a lower rating I would, I pay for 100MB broadband which they say is available to my apt. In the evening I get 1-2mbps it’s appalling. I phone to complain and the service is no good. They blame my equipment rather than admitting they don’t have the bandwidth to support the speeds they sell. My router, tv and laptop are less than 6months old. Netflix struggles to stream...

Robert Cassens

I like the internet however they price gouge. You can't get a decent price unless you take their bundle for products I don't use.

Michael Las Vegas, NV

I pay for gigablast. I was using their modem and my own truck-band router and experienced slow speeds and a ton of latency. Replaced router Nic and Ethernet cables and three modems. Bought my own modem which resolved my latency but speed test is around 400mbps down. They replaced the lines outside the house still no difference. I even tried modem to pc no router and still same speed.

Alexander Hilton Hampton, VA

Constant service interruptions and terrible customer service. Repeating the same information to multiple representatives for hours and never get internet issues resolved. The company throttles internet speeds when you get close to the data limit (even though they claim they do not). This speed throttling happens without fail every time, and every time we call in to ask about it they claim that Cox does not do this.

Joann Edmond, OK

I have a 2 year contact signed last August 2018. My bill increased by $20.00 last month and when I called they explained that they can increase at any time during my contract. What good is a contact is they don't hold true to their part? I have to stay in my contact or I get penalized. I thought the whole point of a contact was to protect both parties.

Scotty Prairieville, LA

I gave Cox a one star only because I couldn’t get it to go lower. They’ll sell you a speed saying it’s fast enough for internet gaming and streaming TV, but it’s not. When you call them to complain or to get it fixed all they want to do is sell you a more expensive service. Cox doesn’t understand I’m not happy with them. Why would I want to give them more money each month?

Kaylee Freeport, FL

The internet is ridiculously slow. It took me a couple minutes just to get to this website. They couldn’t even install our security the first time because of the slow speeds. They said they would fix it but still haven’t. I’m unable to use any of my online games on my ps4 because the internet does not work most of the time. I have 3G data on my cell phone and that is extremely slow but 99% of the time it works even faster than the WiFi.

Le Chula Vista, CA

Worst Internet provider. Scam my 25$ because the autopay not working even thought I paid them right after that and still on time. So I cancel the service right after that then they took away my deposit for the modem also, I returned the modem on time and in good conditions. Suckk policy = scam their customer = rip off customer. That 25$ will help your company grow.

N manago Newport News, VA

The service was bad....internet would stop working after certain times a day for 2 weeks straigh until 6a for 2 weeks straight...had charges pop up I didnt know about and was never told about. Did not ever once receive a bill from Cox only payment reminders and paid. Called tech support 3 times to be told I owed no balance til today and just made a payment 2 weeks ago.....will be returning equipment to cox asap and will be looking for another internet service provider.....it sucks

Jose Enrique Robles Glendale, AZ

I was a client for more than 13 years and every year it was the same, they increased the monthly payment without warning and when making the call to solve the problem and lose two hours and it is always a machine that answers you and gives you thousands of options that none of them is what you need and in the end only receive a part as a bonus and end up paying more that month and the monthly payment is never the same after the year and always for some reason that I never understood in these more than thirteen years always do what they want with the client and charge the monthly payment

Anna Medrano

I have always had COX and on occasion they offer me some very special offers. Like additional cable channels for onyear for an additional .50cents

cmill009 Destin, FL

Had no issues when we lived in Virginia, but since moving to Florida the wifi is unstable. More often than not my phones internet is better. We have the 100 MG package so we shouldn't have an issue. We've had techs come out but our issue hasn't been resolved.

Josh Harold Dallas, TX

I’ve had cox for years now, we haven’t had many problems but every now and then the internet will stop working and we will have to call and get it fixed.

DeeDee G. Dallas, TX

It's a great internet service, the only problem I had with it was that sometimes the internet goes out and I have to call cox the customer service is sometimes poor int he fact the directions can be hard to follow.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Cox Internet providers are pretty great. They give me pretty quick access speeds and the service is flawless. My internet network never goes down. Pretty reliable for a good price.

Paul Langley Mesa, AZ

It seems that my internet gets slower and slower every few months. Of course, the "solution" is to pay more for more bandwidth. I've done that and it still seems slow. All things said, Cox is better than the local alternatives.

Melissa Carreno Mesa, AZ

cox is the verizon of the internet services. you pay what you get for. Good service, but for some reason it cuts out from time to time...grrr! But great customer service.

Jess Root Gilbert, AZ

I had the service and it got too expensive. Speeds are faster than other services but you pay for it. Decent promotions, but price jumps. Customer service is okay on the phone.

Nathan Layton, UT

When I lived on the east coast this was pretty much the only option we had for internet. They had good customer service but I felt that I payed a little bit to much for what I was getting. Overall its a good Service.

no sugarcoating

pricey with market monopole. They get away with it because you can't switch to anyone else. I have to call and negotiate every year or my bill will exponentially increase...

Derek Barlow Broken Arrow, OK

Horrible prices, horrible customer service. Internet speeds and reliability is ABSOLUTELY INCONSISTENT. they wanna constantly send a tech out and charge you for it.

S R Henderson, NV

Horrible internet service. Cuts in and out all the time..i do NOT recommend. We always say 3rd world internet is faster and better. But Cox is the only monopoly here in Nevada so your screwed anyway.

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

I had Cox Internet service for many years and never had any complaints. Their service was top notch and customer service always excelled.

vincenzo luongo Ontario, CA

3 weeks now into mlb playoffs and yet I have an issue that is on their end which the message on the screen clearly states, multiple attempts with customer service have failed so their solution is to send a technician at my cost to fix the problem lol what a joke, still waiting for a solution, stay away, never again cox, worse ever.

Marc Peterson Omaha, NE

I’ve had service with them for 17 years, always fast and reliable, only issues have been on my end

Martha Redsecker North Las Vegas, NV

Support always available! I have used them for many years, but moved to Century Link a year ago, and quickly returned for the excellent service.

Bruce Kolk Los Angeles, CA

After Cox telling me how great panoramic WiFi was. I thought I would try. Well after Coronavirus ends, I’m telling them to take the CRAP out of my house. Biggest lie ever! Sit on patio and get neighbors WiFi , which is locked, but can’t get mine. Calling Best Buy for evaluation and going with them. Don’t waste you money on Cox CRAP!

Dennis

Cost is way to high for what you get. Their fast internet is not very fast. We cut back on cost and stepped down one level and only saved 5 dollars a month. Not worth it

Kimulet

I've been a customer for over 25 years. I've seen the customer service deteriorate as they have grown and upgraded equipment.

Frank

Have had very few outages or issues. Always respond promptly when I need their assistance. Solid ethical company.

Jeffrey C Fawsett

The Cox internet is very fast, their cable television meets my needs and the phone service is also good.

Thomas Bekey

It works most of the time. When it stops they can usually fix it either electronically or by coming to the house

Betty

Occasional service interruption. Can be challenging to contact a person when the system is down. We have phone/internet together!

Bill D.

I am mostly satsfied. I just wish the wifi signal was stronger and pricing was lower, considering the number of customers that they serve.

Iskandar Odinaev Omaha, NE

Billing department is terrible. Was getting transferred from one person to another. Spent 3 hours and 40 minutes combined. It seemed like no one wanted to do the job. They are willing to to simple transactions like accepting a payment, but when it comes to fixing issues, no one knows anything.

Susan Fowler-Hentzler Topeka, KS

Customer service is horrible. My son got deployed with the army and Cox would not cancel the account because it was not my son making the cancellation. Cox kept saying he personally had to walk in or call. His wife was treated poorly. What part of deployment does Cox not understand?

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

Cox offers the fastest high speed internet at reasonable prices. They always have customer service available to chat with which is a plus.

Donna L Brown

They are adequate for my needs. Had a bit of a problem when installer cut the TV cable, but customer service sent out someone to fix it.