The Home Service Club

6.2

LAST UPDATED: October 5th, 2022

The Home Service Club is a nationwide home warranty provider and the winner of the 2015 and 2016 "Best in Service" award and the 2018 "Editor's Choice" award. The Home Service Club specializes in a variety of different home warranty types and offers comprehensive plans, as well as an additional Utility and Service Line coverage, which expands beyond the walls of the home. The Home Service Club prides itself in having its own supply chain of household systems and appliances and ensuring all equipment provided is brand new, fully warrantied, and up to all codes and requirements. The company has a growing service network of over 10,000 technicians nationwide and describes itself as a leader and innovator in the home warranty industry since its founding in 2008. The Home Service Club is currently headquartered in New York City.

The Good

• Customizable Coverage
  • Real Estate Packages
  • Nationwide Service
  • Positive Reviews
  • Auto-Registered Online Account
  • Time in Business
  • The Home Service Club Cost

Customizable Coverage

The Home Service Club offers a variety of customizable home warranty plans with optional add-ons. Specific coverage details will depend on what plan you choose and what systems and appliances you decide to add on to your plan.

Home Systems Warranty

This is warranty coverage meant to cover the normal wear and tear of common systems within your home. You file a claim and then The Home Service Club will send a local technician to diagnose the problem and schedule any necessary repairs or replacements. The specific systems included will depend on your chosen home warranty plan. Home systems available for coverage are listed below:

• Air conditioner
  • Plumbing stoppage
  • Water leaks
  • Gas leaks
  • Pest control
  • Whirlpool motor and pump assemblies
  • Alarm wiring
  • Telephone wiring
  • Smoke detectors
  • Whole house, exhaust, and attic fans
  • Sump pump
  • Doorbells
  • Instant hot and cold water dispenser

Home Appliance Warranty

• Built-in microwaves
  • Trash compactors
  • Food centers built-in

Optional Add-ons

The Home Service Club allows customers to include individual add-ons to any home warranty plan. All offered add-ons are listed below:

• Pool coverage
  • Roof coverage
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Spa
  • Water softener
  • Sewage ejector pump
  • Sprinkler system
  • Freestanding freezer
  • Refrigerators built-in units with dual compressors

Utility and Service Line Coverage

The warranty provider also has an optional utility line coverage. This is an additional package you can add on to any home warranty plan. This package includes six parts listed below:

• Outside water line
  • Outside electric line
  • Outside sewer line
  • Sprinkler system
  • Outside gas line
  • Grinder pump

Real Estate Packages

The Home Service Club has three specialized real estate packages exclusively for real estate transactions, whether it be for a real estate agent or a home seller. Customers can purchase all real estate packages in one-, two-, or three-year terms, as well as customize them with additional warranty coverage options. There is consistency among all packages, which means there are no differences in the conditions of the coverage; all fine print and conditions remain the same among all of The Home Service Club's RE-Pro home warranties, regardless of what is covered. Available real estate packages include:

• RE-Pro Basic - Covers the major appliances and systems in the home that are the most costly to repair or replace, such as the heater, the air conditioning, the water heater, and the plumbing system
  • RE-Pro Standard - Includes the repairs or replacements of most items in the RE-Pro Basic plan, as well as other common household systems and major appliances, such as garage door openers, garbage disposals, and ceiling fans
  • RE-Pro Comprehensive - One of the most inclusive and popular plans in the industry that includes all items in the RE-Pro Basic and RE-Pro Standard packages, in addition to other items such as pest control, sprinkler lines, doorbells, etc.

Nationwide Service

The Home Service Club operates in all 50 states, making its products and services easily accessible to most homeowners in the United States.

Positive Reviews

Especially with home warranty companies, it's important to find a company with quality reviews to demonstrate customer satisfaction. The Home Service Club complaints are limited, and the majority of its reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Home Service Club reviews highlight quick and efficient service contractors, quality customer service, and affordable prices.

Auto-Registered Online Account

After purchasing a plan from The Home Service Club, an online user account is auto-registered for the customer, providing them with an email, a username, and a temporary password. The warranty service provider gives the customer a link to their account, and all the customer has to do is reset the password to one of their choice and they are ready to access your warranty plan information online. Having an online account is convenient and gives you 24/7 access to manage your account, including checking and updating your coverage, changing any preferences, and downloading your warranty agreement. An online account can give homeowners an additional peace of mind knowing they can always check in on their home warranty.

Time in Business

The Home Service Club has been in business for more than a decade. This can be a benefit to homeowners because it indicates that the warranty service provider is experienced and versed in the home warranty industry and knows how to provide excellent service.

The Home Service Club Cost

A Home Service Club home warranty costs $419 on average per year for a basic home warranty plan. Prices will increase if you have a more extensive plan. The service fee for each technician visit can range between $65 and $95, depending on the plan you have. Similar to most home warranty companies, The Home Service Club requires a one-year contract length.

The Bad

No Upfront Pricing

Although The Home Service Club offers an estimated minimum payment, there is little information regarding upfront costs on yearly premiums or deductibles. The Home Service Club requires personal information such as address and email before a customer can receive a specific price. However, this is quite common within the home warranty industry and having more information allows The Home Service Club to give customers more accurate and customized pricing information.

The Bottom Line

The Home Service Club offers service nationwide and has attractive features such as labor recall and various home warranties for real estate packages and regular homeowner coverage. There are additional benefits, such as The Home Service Club's auto-registered online account and online claim process that is available 24/7, making it simple for customers to manage their home warranty plan any time.

Various home warranty plans are available as well as optional add-ons so consumers don't have to pay for a completely different plan if they want to add just a few individual appliances or systems to their current plan. The Home Service Club is definitely worth a look, especially since it has various warranty plans with customizable coverage and has won multiple awards for its service.

You can read The Home Service Club reviews below to see what customers have to say about the home warranty provider. Current warranty reviews note The Home Service Club is a great value for your money at an affordable cost. Consumers highlight quality customer service and quick and efficient service technicians.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

not_listed_location

The Home Service Club Frequently Asked Questions

How does The Home Service Club’s cost compare to other home warranty companies?

With The Home Service Club, you get more bang for your buck — more coverage for less money.

How long is The Home Service Club’s contract?

The Home Service Club offers monthly and annual plans to meet all homeowners' budgets and to provide peace of mind.

What is The Home Service Club’s cancellation policy?

The Home Service Club's policies come with a full customer satisfaction 30-day money-back guarantee. Customers are able to cancel at any time. All plans meet all state regulations for cancellation of a home warranty.

Does The Home Service Club require a home inspection?

No, The Home Service Club does not require a home inspection as a condition of purchase.

Is there a limit to how many service requests I can submit to The Home Service Club?

No, The Home Service Club does not have a limit to the amount of claims that can be placed.

Does The Home Service Club provide real estate home warranty plans?

Yes, The Home Service Club has plans specifically designed for real estate transactions. HSC has three plans for homebuyers and free home warranty coverage for home sellers with our free listing coverage.

Is The Home Service Club available nationwide?

Yes, HSC offers coverage in all states except Wisconsin.

Are The Home Service Club reviews positive?

Yes, with over 15,084 positive reviews on various websites, HSC prides itself on customer service and has won multiple awards for best in service and customer satisfaction.

LL Reseda, CA

o stars if I could. they will find every excuse not to cover an item: gas leak under house, some b.s. about the pipes. out of pocket $5000 air conditioner , fan stopped. not covered because of debris (debris was leaves at bottom of outdoor unit, fan is attached to top of casing. it stopped working $800 out of pocket. they had conned me into a renewal $1270, which i tried to cancel within 48 hours and they deducted one month "prorated". (long story, but even had 2 weeks left on old policy, before the 'renewal' add on.) should have gotten full refund. so much isn't covered. they take your money and run. BEWARE

Phil Cleveland, OH

Don’t believe any good reviews on this company which is also owned by choice home warranty. This company will promise you anything just to sign you up. When the time comes to file a claim, you are at their mercy and their offering to replace something ,that can not be fixed , will only be a fraction of the replacement cost. When it comes time for them to call you back, for get it. They WILL NOT CALL. SAVE YOUR MONEY and time and forget this scamming company

S Lynch Orlando, FL

After spending a good week reviewing multiple home warranty plans with several companies and being lied to, I mentioned to the HSC Warranty sales rep that I was quite concerned with the dishonesty and wasting of my time with these other companies who are quick to make false promises to get a sale. The HSC Warranty sales rep assured me this would not be the case, but it actually was the case. I realized after reading the plan, he blatantly lied to me. I made several attempts to complain to his supervisor and the president of the company. Crickets. This company is operating in an unethical manner and doesn't seem to want to make it right. Buyer beware and read the fine print in the plan.

Fawn Yacker San Rafael, CA

Zero stars is more like it. Terrible customer service. No one answers the phone and the music for holding on can drive anyone crazy. I've been waiting for an answer for a simple dishwasher repair for weeks. Even the service person they sent (Sears) said he has never had as much runaround as HSC has caused. He has been here two times and each time could not contact anyone at HSC to get approval for the parts he needs. NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE! I am now holding on for the cancellation dept. It's been 15 minutes and no one has come to the phone. I called the sales dept. first since they ALLWAYS answer the phone hoping to get a new customer. aka sucker. Do not use this company. This is not the first claim we've put in with them. This exact thing has happened twice before. We ended up getting our own plumber and paying for the repair ourselves. If you haven't gotten the point up till now - this company sucks.

Michelle Snyder Pasadena, MD

Worst customer service ever. Denied my claim and I had to pay out of pocket for a new furnace. They were called to service a 2 year old central air unit. I still don't have air. The case manager was supposed to call me at 9:30 this morning and that never happened. I tried to cancel the policy and sent a message on the portal. They still charged my bank for the monthly fee. I tried to set up service since I am stuck with them for the next month. I have already replaced the policy with another company. WORST COMPANY EVER!

Reply from The Home Service Club

We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Home Service Club can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home. Home Service Club encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Apr. 14th, 2022

Lin Colonel Vacaville, CA

The Home Service Club is the WORST home warranty company we've ever worked with, do not buy a policy with them. I’ve spent several hours calling their company to follow up on service requests and their communication and service is horrible. I’ve had 3 work orders and were wrongly denied coverage on ALL of them which wasted a lot of our time and money. When I disputed the decisions, they gave me the same run around and refused to cover any repairs. The company could not find a technician to contract with them so I had to find my own on all my claims. They authorized me to find my own tech and said I would be reimbursed the difference I paid for the service call fee (which was always much more than $65 that was the contracted amount I was responsible for per policy) but I never received any reimbursements. The customer service is terrible, every time I called I had to talk to a different representative who never followed up with me on any issues and never responded to my emails. So many hours were wasted trying to get answers, and as I read in other reviews on this company, you can not get in touch with a supervisor, authorization department, or even the department that handles policy cancellation. The only representatives you can communicate with are under trained, entry level, customer service reps who can only reply that they will send an internal message and someone will get back to you (which no one will). I requested to cancel my policy and get a pro rated refund (per the contract) and have still not received any confirmation or reimbursement.

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. A manager will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns.

Dec. 29th, 2021

Carissa Oyedele ,

This is by far the worst home warranty insurance out there (and we had tried several). Whatever you do, DO NOT USE HOME SERVICE CLUB- they are a complete waste of time and money and it was not worth what we spent on it. A couple of issues we had include: - Several issues we had, including a refrigerator making noise and a gas fireplace that did not work, they said was not included with our plan despite them both being listed as covered. - Our dryer broke and they would only cover $100 of the $1000 new dryer, after we paid our $75 service fee. It was such a pain dealing with the purchase and delivery of a new dryer through HSC that it would have been better to get a new dryer without having to deal with them. - We have (yes, still have) a broken light fixture. HSC approved the first electricians estimate but that electrician became unresponsive. Then HSC sent out a second electrician after multiple calls from us. They appeared to stall until our plan expired and then notified us (when we called them) that they would not approve the fix, even though it was the same problem. We are out the $75 service fee and still have a broken light, which should be covered under our plan. - The issues with the dryer and light fixture both took over 6 months to take care of. And included many, many phone calls. - HSC has terrible customer service. The people who answer the phone are not helpful, they take messages, but nobody ever calls back. We have requested supervisors to call us on multiple accounts and nobody ever returned our calls. - Our 1 year plan with them is over and we will NEVER get another plan with HSC again. It was a complete waste of time and money.

Melvin Sebastian Lewisville, TX

If there is a negative 5, I would give them that. I had signed up for their service since July 2019 paying them every month for the home warranty. On 30th of November 2020 I reached out to them for fixing my garbage disposal and it happened to be the worst experience of my life. I had to call them every day at least twice to follow up. Their infamous words are "we will communicate internally to the service delivery team". They asked me to send the credit card information and I emailed it to them. The next day I follow up on this and they said they did not receive it. Again I sent it 3 times and they still said it has not reached them. They later confirmed they had email issues. Finally I had to I sent the card information to their personal gmail account. On the 8th of December 2020 they charged a 75 dollars on my card as the additional service charge for taking care the garbage disposal. Upon further following up they said this was sent to Lowe's and asked me to reach out to local Lowe's. After a lot of back and forth with Lowe's, Lowe's personal called the warranty company back directly and found this was sent to Lowe's corporate and not local Lowe's. Every time I call them I speak to a different person and they say they will communicate internally and will call me and update me soon. No body calls with any update. This whole situation has been very stressful and very unpleasant for me. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for your services.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Melvin, can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Dec. 22nd, 2020

Shirley Barnett Alba, TX

HSC is ok when it comes to simply replacing a broken part, but when ur 30 yr old HVAC crashes. The technician has said it will have to be replaced, and because the system is so old a new AC unit would not work with the old furnace. The tech told HSC it was normal wear and tear, but they say they don’t have to pay the $2000 because there are signs of corrosion. They offered to put in Lennox 2.5 ton 14 SEER at cost of $7000 with discount of $1000. The tech says we need a 3 ton 16 SEER which costs even more. I can get 3 ton 16 SEER Goodman for $6000 with 10 yr warranty on parts and service. All I am asking is for them to send me a ck for the $1000 so I can have the Goodman system installed, but I was told I can’t be mailed a ck because I don’t have a tax ID#. Today my furnace has crashed too! I can’t get a supervisor to return my calls.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Shirley, Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Dec. 8th, 2020

MATTHEW MCCOMBS Las Vegas, NV

I purchased a 3 year warranty less than a year ago. A couple months later, my washing machine broke. They would not repair or replace it, just give me a 200 credit at Lowes toward a new one. Two months later, my master bathroom shower starts leaking. Took a week to get some one out, and then another week for them to deny the claim. "Corrosion" is not covered. It seems that nothing is covered. I cancelled on July 20th. They said I would have a check in 4 to 6 weeks. It is Sept 30th and they still have not issued a check. Oh, and my "scheduled" refund, if I ever get it, is less than 2/3rd of what I paid, even though I had the policy for around 6 months and they paid out nothing. The only reason I am cancelling is because they refuse to cover anything. Don't throw your money away!!!!!!

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Matthew, Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Robert Merlin Reidsville, NC

ac went out. called HSC and they gave me the # to call . I called for 3 days and he answered and said he was busy and could come in 7-10 days. HSC said that they hade no other contractors that could come. He showed up a week later and said there was a leak and he would have to get authorization to fix it. I called every day and they said they were working on it. Then they said he did not submit a report. 30 days later and 14 phone calls later, after I said I would start a lawsuit, a supervisor called me and said that the unit had been physically damaged and the denied the claim. I had paid for 18 months of a warrenty company that just took my money. I asked for a refund and they said no. This is a scam. They must have bots writting their reviews. I called an ac company the next day and they replaced a coil and my 6 year old ac is working fine. I went 30days without air in the summer in nc.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Robert, Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Stephen Johnson Tucson, AZ

Don't waste your money with them. Their telephone customer service sucks. I called to pay my bill and update my credit card information. The representative told me they can only take payment with the card on file, and they aren't authorized to change the card on file. I would get a call back in 24-72 hours. I then asked to cancel my account. They would send in a request and I'd be contacted in 24-72 hours. I asked for a supervisor. I was told there aren't any "In the building." They would put in a request to a supervisor. They would call me back...IN 24-72 HOURS! There are 25 home warranty companies all offering the same thing. I will find one that strives to make the experience a good one for their customers. I asked them about a refund for what I had paid; I'm paid up for another month after the first of next month. The rep told me that any questions about refunds are handled by the cancellation department. She would send in a request, and they'd get back to me...yup, in 24-72 hours.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good day Stephen, Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Dec. 12th, 2020

markus cooper Canyon Country, CA

Horrible company. Stay away! We submitted a service request a month ago for a sprinkler leak. Since then, apparently due to Covid 19 they’ve had a difficult time finding a provider. I had to call them to find this out. Once I called they set me up with a plumber and gave me their info. I called and made an appointment but this plumber says they don’t do work any longer with HSC because of how they miss treat their customers. I contacted HSC and they told me they would reach out to the company to get the quote and get my repair started. Since then I’ve called in several times in the last 2 weeks and the tell me they need more information from the company and they’ve tried calling them many times with no response back. Strangely when I call the company they answer right away. The plumber informed me they sent HSC the quote anyways and HSC has told me they need more information but cannot tell me what. I’ve asked for any documentation that a claim is even open and they tell me they cannot provide me with that information but I need to just trust them. I’ve asked to speak to a supervisor and apparently once they submit the request for a supervisor which takes 24-72 hrs that our call would automatically disconnect. They also tell you no department can directly speak to any other department. Only requests can be submitted for a call back from any department. I’ve done this but none ever call back. This company seems like a scam and I plan on getting down to the bottom of it.

Ann Sevierville, TN

If you want to know the truth about the home service club, do a Facebook search for their name. You'll find a couple of groups dedicated to people who were scammed by this company. If you call in for a repair they will send someone eventually, but they don't get back with them with authorization to do any work. Therefore, the person has to leave without fixing anything. Then when they finally do get around to looking at your claim they will deny it for the some of the most outrageous reasons. The customer service reps lie. I had one girl tell me her name was Alan. When I called the extension back I got a voicemail with a man's voice saying he was Alan. I think their employees think the job is a big joke. They will take your money and continue to automatically charge you when the contract is ready to expire. You can't take your payment information out of the system. I actually had to cancel my credit card to keep them from charging me again. Good luck threatening with legal action as the owner's wife is an attorney. Facebook no longer allows their page to have reviews since so many were fake. All over the internet are fake positive reviews for this company. I found numerous fake ones myself by looking up the names and photos of pictures of reviewers. It's too bad they don't put the energy they use in scamming people into just being an honest company.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Ms. Ann, Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Larry Seifert Columbus, OH

I had a terrible experience with this company. The A/C went out when the temperture was 90 degrees. Called HSC and they contacted a repair person. When I didn't hear from that person, I called him and the repair person advised HSC should have contacted him because his schedule would not permit him to come to our home. I tried SEVERAL times to contact HSC, but could never speak to a representative. I ended up calling a heating and a/c company and paid for the repairs out of my own pocket. Wroye a lengthy letter to HSC explaining everything and have NOT received any calls, e-mails, or reply to my letter, let along any refund for the repairs or for cancelling the policy. I will NEVER deal with this outfit again. I plan to contact the Attorney General's Office and then an attorney.

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. We do apologize for any delays, as many agents have been out due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our records reflect that you were in contact with a Senior Supervisor that was able to clear up all misunderstandings. Should you need further assistance please reach out to her directly.

TOM SMITH ,

I purchased their best warranty, paid out of closing proceeds by my attorney. After 11 1/2 months, I had a small problem with our refrigerator, so I contacted them. First, they said they had no record of payment. So, I had the closing attorney send copy of check, front and back. Then they said it was not in "pdf" format - it was. Then, they said it would have to be handled by a supervisor. They never called back. I called two more times before realizing I have been "had". Questioning payment after 11 1/2 months of owning the agreement? Arguing about the format of proof of payment? Failing to call after passing up the chain of authority? DO NOT purchase this service agreement unless you want to throw good money away.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Mr. Smith. Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Sep. 1st, 2020

Kevin Neider Millville, NJ

If I could give zero stars I would. I signed up for 2 years of contract when we bought our house. First issue happened in april when our computer module fell out of the stove. The stove still works but it took them 2 months to tell us they couldn't get anyone to come out and they would give us $100 to purchase a new stove. There's nothing wrong with it so we left it alone. Then our ac breaks in june/July and they deny us after waiting for over 2-3 weeks claiming there's rust and corrosion which I didn't see. Nor did the tech say anything about that being the reason. I contacted the tech and they said do to the age they recomend putting in a new system. I brought up what hsc said about rust and he said there could be inside but he didn't see anything. The tech also didn't do his job with doing a compression test or anything, just instantly said new system and quoted me for $5800. Then the HVAC department had the nerve to call me with a quote for $8000+. I requested a supervisor call over two weeks ago and have called the HVAC department daily since I spoke to the tech who told me he doesnt know if it's due to rust. The customer service line is useless and can't put me in touch with anyone, they just do internal messages. I have someone else coming out to actually test and possibly fix the system. I've already waited way over a month in almost 80-90 degree weather to get my air fixed. This company is a bunch of frauds and a scam.

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves on having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. We do apologize for any delays, as many agents have been out due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Service times are not guaranteed and while we always try to be as fast as possible, and often are, we do rely on local service providers. We regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor, should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

sakti Virginia Beach, VA

Please do not buy home warranty from them. It is useless. Please save that money to spend if anything goes wrong. Few months back, we had some issue and they did not take care of it. Once I wrote a bad review, they responded immediately and took care of the issue and even asked me to take down my review. So I just ignored it since they took care of the issue. It has been almost a year, now I had reported another issue with my appliance. In the first place, you have wait for at least half hour on the phone every time to get hold of someone to talk to. and secondly, they have worst set of technicians working for them. If the issue is bigger they probably keep dodging until you get tired and take of the situation on your own. Warranty is supposed to work in case of emergency or to save money. HSC does not help with both. I wish I had more time to talk to a lawyer and sue this company. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY

mikeB San Carlos, CA

Huge waste of time and money for me. Signed up for their policy a couple of months ago. Urgent need comes up. Spent a week trying to get past their 48 hour limitation (on the phone they claim it is 48 business hours or 4 days, not what it says in sample contract ) . Finally got to someone, spent a week trying to get them to schedule service. Finally, they just rejected the claim - they do not cover this or do not cover that. It says black on white in their contract what they cover and now they claim they do not cover it. Two weeks of trying to call them - all for nothing. I can't even cancel this policy online. All their online site has is my contract payments. Nothing about past claims or calls - you can not even find claim history.

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor that was able to address all of your concerns and we are happy to have gotten this issue resolved. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Dave Loder Allentown, PA

I am absolutely discouraged with the support from this company. The Home Service Club Warranty Customer service is absolutely disgraceful. I have worked in Customer Service for over 30 years at all levels and I would be completely embarrassed if this was the service being provided. I truly do not understand how this company could possibly have this high of rating (generally 4.5 Stars). So far here is what I have gone through, and still going since my issue has not been resolved. January 24th, I submitted a service request online. I received no response, no confirmation, no communication at all. January 31st, I call customer support and was informed that the request was mis-categorized and had to be closed and a new one opened. We opened a new Service Request and I was informed I would be contacted once a technician was assigned. February 7th, I call Customer support and was informed that their entire system was down and they would call me back, again no response. February 9th, I sent an email requesting update. February 10th, while on hold with their customer service number I finally receive a call back. This time I was informed a technician was assigned on January 29th and that I had to call them. February 11th, I contacted the Company that I was given and had an interesting conversation with the owner. First that company does not service my area. He did recall an email but received no follow-up call informing him of a request. This I was told was the standard practice. I was also told that he rarely works with HSC. If you look at the timeline it is obvious that the assignment on the 31st was for the cancelled request. So here are my questions: Why would you contact a technician that did not even service my area? Why was I told that this technician was assigned when the request associated with it was closed? Why did the Customer Service Representative give me incorrect information? How did they not know what the status of my Active Service Request was? Why was kept being told I would be contacted and end the end I have to do all of the calls, reaching out to not only HSC but the technician as well? Most aggressively when I asked if this is the timeline I could expect if this was an emergency like a failed water heater or Air conditioner during a heat wave, I was informed that HSC is not an emergency services company. I have also asked to have a supervisor call me but I suspect that will never happen either.

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Service times are not guaranteed and while we always try to be as fast as possible, and often are, we do rely on local service providers. We regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor that was able to address all of your concerns and we are happy to have gotten this issue resolved. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Nathan Georgetown, TX

Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have been waiting almost four weeks for them to fix my installed microwave and every other day it is another excuse. They need my home inspection to file a claim (not according to their website). It is cheaper to replace the microwave and they don't cover that (not according to their website) They told me their salesman misspoke about them replacing appliances and they have been having to deal with that a lot lately. They will give us $75 for the appliance. The technician needs their approval to buy the parts, then they call us and tell us they verified it is under manufacturers warranty, and we call the manufacturer and it is not under warranty. Then they misstate the issue to claim it isn't covered. They won't send me documentation of why it isn't covered. I requested a manager over a week ago to contact me but still haven't been contacted. I am curious if the favorable reviews posted online are actual customers. Today (2/4/2020), I was called by the supervisor Sophia who stated they don't replace appliances (not what your website states, I would call that fraud). I was told my 2018 microwave was valued at $0. When I look it up online it costs over $350. Absolutely terrible.

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. We apologize if you are not happy with the product purchased for you and if the purchaser misinformed you of what our product offers. For this specific product that was purchased for you, a home inspection report is needed, as we offer perks to new homeowners. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor. We hope she was able to clear up any miscommunications, misunderstandings and/or frustrations. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Elena P Saint Paul, MN

**Update as of 2/4/2020!! Bribery and Harassment! I cancelled my membership with this company after catching them in lies and not getting claims resolved. Now a Sophia keeps calling me and promising to refund me what I paid thus far in membership IF I go and mark the poor reviews I left earlier as "resolved". I am sorry if this is not bribery, I don't know what is. She is saying that I have to do this BEFORE she can get an approval to refund me my money, otherwise the underwriting dept will not approve it due to a poor review unresolved. Unbelievable! What a disgrace! Do not get involved!** Left a review 3 days ago and today I received a call from HSC supervisor telling me that my claim was DENIED because their Fraud department flagged my account due to a negative review!!!!! What?? This is outrageous!! This company is punishing consumers for less than perfect reviews!

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor. We hope she was able to clear up any miscommunications, misunderstandings and/or frustrations. Should you need any further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Jose Gabaldon North Las Vegas, NV

Do NOT believe the good reviews. I purchased my home in January, Come July I had a problem with my AC after about a month I got response they would not cover my repairs "due to pre existing issues" I filed a second claim during that time on our second AC unit and same response. I still had to pay a deductible twice that did not go towards my repairs and I still had to cover repairs on my own so they actually cost me more money. They covered nothing! After doing research I found that MANY others has the same response as I did "pre existing issues" stay away from them and sister company Axiom. ************ UPDATE: the company has reach out to me and agreed to cover one of the two claims I put in. Issue resolved

Reply from The Home Service Club

In this case, the issue at hand was not subject to coverage and the liability is zero. Customer signed up with two bad systems. It is important to note that we are strictly a home warranty company and do not offer services such as home improvement, general contracting, upgrades, or remodeling. Our contract is extremely clear on what is and is not covered, and the agents were just as clear on the telephone. His unit was known to be installed improperly and not maintained to manufactures standards. Making this a known issue and should not be covered. The customer's unit was failing while it was owned by the previous home owner. The home inspector indicated just these facts on his report. We understand that is no fault to the customer, however when running the unit, installed improperly with lack of maintenance, causes the unit to struggle while causing damage and remotely sabotages the unit. Per the contract we are not responsible or liable for any systems or appliances, that are installed improperly and not maintained to manufactures required standards. Customer is fabricating false statements against indisputable facts and is attempting to bully us into giving him free expensive things that he is not entitled to and, again, was never told are part of coverage. His contract is available 24/7 upon sign up, and a sample contract is available 24/7 online prior to sign up. Despite the systems being completely not subject to coverage under the customer's policy, customer was offered significant assistance and a generous courtesy towards the replacements. Furthermore, we in good faith to help the customer, approved it for the maximum cap immediately and provided the customer with all of the information. The customer refused. Unfortunately we are not able to go against policy and allow fraudulent attempts and false, fabricated statements to change the product that we offer. The claim is approved as a courtesy and ready to proceed as soon as the customer is ready. We apologize the customer is not happy , but our company did nothing wrong and has attempted to, and continues to attempt to assist the customer. If the customer insists on disregarding the contract (the product they themselves purchased), and simply ignoring our responses - it is not the fault of our company or our agents. We are strictly a home warranty company and follow our contractual obligations and services. This claim is closed.

Aug. 19th, 2019

KL Bethany Beach, DE

I bought the coverage in July, switching from another company that I didn’t think did a very good job of communication. Little did I realize I should have stayed with them despite the significant price increase after the first year. My toilet was leaking at the base on a Sunday. Calling was no good, so I entered a request for service on-line. By Monday afternoon I heard nothing so I called. “They’re working on it” and by the way we need your “disclosure form the seller” provided when you bought the property. Why?? She said it was not holding up my service. I couldn’t find it from a year ago when we purchased the house so I let her, know and in speaking to the salesman who sold me the policy he said I didn’t need it. About an hour later I get a message from someone else in customer service saying they wanted my “home inspection report.” No one ever told me that was required. I located it and sent on last night. It’s now Tuesday afternoon and I’m still waiting for service on my toilet. And right now I’m regretting buying a 3 yr contract!

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Service times are not guaranteed and while we always try to be as fast as possible, and often are, we do rely on local service providers. We regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused. We have not been able to find your contract as you have not provided it to us, however, we are happy to hear you were in contact with a supervisor and we hope she was able to answer all of your questions and or concerns. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly or provide us with your contract number.

Apr. 9th, 2020

Ingrid Georgetown, TX

This is the WORST home warranty company I have ever dealt with, and I deal with several in my profession. I submitted a claim a month ago for a toilet that wont flush, and it is still not repaired. When I call the HW company to get a status update, I am placed on hold for 18 minutes to only be prompted to leave a message. I have left 4 messages and finally got a call back after the 4th to tell me that the plumber should have been in contact with me. When I called the plumber, he said that there are no open work orders for this address. When I called the HW company again, you guessed it....18 more minutes on hold to be prompted to leave a message. Very very disappointed.

CHARLENE J EDWARDS Sun City, CA

Home service club is the worst ever they were picked by the seller of my house. They dont and wont cover anything they will say everything is pre existing, well if you buy an older home wouldnt everything be pre existing? When you look this company up they say no inspection report is required to get a contract with them well.those are lies my broker sent them my inspection report per home service clubs requests and my ac was voided, my washer that came in my house was denied due to they said it was over loaded yet the tech that came out said the transmission was going out. My refrigerator again came in the house denied due to the fact they said I had no gfi in my kitchen which I do have but there is no law stating a refrigerator has to be plugged into a gfi again tech told them compressor was going out so Sophia and Gabriella offered to cancel my contract and send me the money for the warranty back but they made me take my previous review on here down before they issued the check so I did and received the check a week later. . Do not go through this company what a waste of money....

Garrett Warren Woodland Hills, CA

This company is a scam and their reviews are as well. I purchased the most fully covered and expensive warranty 6 months ago and have not needed it until now. My oven runs but doesn't heat up and makes a noise. When I filed the claim online I put down that the oven works but makes a loud noise. The fan is not working well basically and the oven doesn't heat up properly. I waited 4 days until I finally got a call from the representative to tell me my claim was not covered since they don't cover loud noises. After a long debate I finally explained that the noise was a result of the oven not working. However, if an appliance makes a loud noise IT SHOULD BE FIXED!!!! That means it's about to break down further or worse. The repair person has still not come to my house! This is a shill company who does nothing when you need them! Please save your money on this company! I honestly can not stress enough, their reviews are false. This company is a scam. They are a name only and do not actually provide a service.

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. We apologize if you are not happy with our product and with what our product offers. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor. We hope she was able to clear up any miscommunications, misunderstandings and/or frustrations. Should you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Laura Houston, TX

Given all the positive reviews, I was so optimistic about Home Service Club. I bought two warranties in summer 2019: one for our current house and one for a new house we were in the process of renovating. Neither has gone well, and I’m extremely disappointed with the lack of organization and complete inability to respond in a timely manner. Summary of my experience: - Every time I submit a request for service it takes at least a couple days (often much more) to get a response. And even after HSC notifies me of my service provider, then it takes another several days for the provider to schedule service. This is a huge problem when your a/c quits in the Texas summer and your family of 5 has to live in a 90 degree house for a week or more. - I have anxiety just thinking about having to call HSC for anything. I sit on hold for at least 15 minutes every call, and 90% of the time end up having to leave a voicemail that never gets returned anyway. (The “press 5 to receive a call back” option is a complete joke - I’ve pressed 5 about 20 times and have yet to receive a call back regarding any of them.) So then I call back the next day, and the next... adding up to literally hours of my life these past months spent on hold with HSC. - I placed a service request 8 days ago for electrical work (light fixture quit despite new bulbs). Never received a call with an assigned service provider. Three days after submitting request, sat on hold with HSC then left a voicemail asking for an update. The next day got a call back and was given provider contact info. Called provider immediately and was told they have never heard of HSC, they do not work with home warranties, and they cannot help me. Immediately called HSC back. Sat on hold. Left voicemail. Repeated the next day, and the next. Still no call back from HSC. - I submitted a separate request 7 days ago for a/c issues. Received a call two days later assigning me to a service provider. Have called that service provider three times since and left messages to schedule service but still have not heard back. - To top it all off, when I purchased the 5 year warranty on my new house, HSC mistakenly opened two contracts at the same address and charged me $1800 TWICE. It took me 5 months of calls, voicemails, and frustration to finally get the refund in December. I’m ready to give up and ask to terminate the contracts early. Although I’m sure that would require someone calling me back so guess I won’t hold my breath. Save your effort and go elsewhere for a home warranty.

Elena Pink Saint Paul, MN

1. Sales person lied to me and swore there are no inspections needed or anything if I needed to file a claim. Several months later I had to file a claim and the first thing they demanded is an inspection report before even coming out. 2. Once they came out and looked at my AC unit, they said it was a previous condition per my home inspection report. I called my inspector and there was no such condition, my AC was fine and HSC is claiming they see a "hole" on the AC unit on one of the pictures there for will not be covering this. 3. Every time you call in, you're on hold for 20-40 min before you get to talk to anyone. 4. If you file a claim, you don't hear from them for weeks and when you call in they exclaim that they've been "trying" to contact me and have been waiting for me to get back to them. LIES! Very disappointed, not worth your time or money! Find a different company, I sure am looking!

Derek Canoga Park, CA

This is the MOST CORRUPT, ILLEGAL AND DESPICABLE company I have EVER dealt with. Before I start, I will say that the majority of positive reviews here are COMPLETELY, AND BLATANTLY FAKE, phony, and shill! BEWARE, I mean BEWARE of this scam company. I have a FULL ON INVESTIGATION of this company in the works as I am typing this. They also have FAKE AWARDS they claim to of received. Again, this company is PHONY. I have a FULL OUT INVESTIGATION on them right now as I am typing this. I purchased a warranty 3 months ago they never sent me my paperwork or receipt, the same as other reviewers have said. I had to hunt him down to get my receipt and confirmation of my home warranty which was an immediate red flag but I chalked it up to him being busy. Move on, not even 3 months later our heat goes out with a newborn at home and nobody is there after 5 pm to take calls after 5 pm EST so you are forced to try to submit a claim online. I won't even go into the details of how difficult it was to get a claim submitted online but I got the claim submitted, got confirmation of the claim and was told I'd get an email or call back "shortly". FOUR DAYS LATER, no call, no email, no NOTHING! I can write a book on how disgusting this company is but to make it concise, it took me nearly a week to get them to send THEIR COMPANY "I.M AIR CONDITIONING" out to our home and THEIR COMPANY THEY SENT said we need a new circuit board and heater ignition control. Total cost was just over $700 and my contract showed these were included, not EXCLUDED PARTS so I expected a quick fix. That is where it went from terrible to horrendous! HSC WARRANTY then sends my claim to someone named JAY who CLAIMS is an HVAC supervisor. After a week of hunting him down, leaving messages and getting no response, he finally calls me back and tells me he disagrees with the technician SCV warranty sent and that he is deeming my issue pre-existing and denying the claim!!! We used our heat for nearly 2 years without issue, including two consecutive months before the heat went out this year and HSC warranty sent out their own technician who deemed the issue not pre-existing and which I have written confirmation of! I also have written confirmation of the parts needed to get our heat working and which Jay declined illegally! If this isn't atrocious enough, this scumbag, Jay then says he will sell me an entirely new heating unit for 11 thousand dollars! I don't think I have ever written a negative review in my life but this is the worst company on the planet! HSC Warranty should be immediately shut down. I am contacting the attorney general and in the process of filing a law suit against this company. I have never filed a lawsuit in my life either, but this company should be immediately, and I mean immediately shut down. 2 weeks without heat with a newborn and negating their own technician for a measly $700 for warranted parts and service by their own contract!!!! And on top, to negate the claim from someone who has never seen my heating unit and deem it pre-existing when this Jay lives across country in another state!!! In addition, I made sure to get sent the original technician's diagnosis of what I need (and what my contract legally covers) and in where NOWHERE was denied by the actual TECHNICAN who viewed my heating unit in person and who also, in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM deemed the issue even REMOTELY pre-existing! I am attaching the diagnosis report here. I am currently in contact with the attorney general, I am filing an individual lawsuit as well as working with other people who were completely ripped off by this SHAM company and I will make sure this company gets what is coming to them. If you read my review and continue to purchase a home warranty plan, you get what you fully deserve. Last but not least, Aaron the guy that sold me the warranty is a complete scumbag as well. He answered every single call while working out the details of the home warranty contract I was about to sign, but when I needed help, crickets, he was nowhere to be found, didn't return calls, had to be hunted down as well. Pathetic, disgusting company overall, and they need to be shut down IMMEDIATELY! I am currently in the process of working with countless other people who have been illegally duped by this SHAM company in filing a class action law suit.

Slagal Knight Houston, TX

This is my second review of this company and I am begging anyone looking for warranty company please please beware of this company. I submitted a review on Oct 8th because this company is currently holding $2650 of my money , and will not act to issue my requested refund. Since then i was contacted by one person from the company who suggested that if I removed my review my money would be refunded faster. I told him i was not comfortable with that and am would be willing to update my review once an appropriate resolution was achieved ( refund my complete sum). Since then i have not been able to get anyone in the company to pick up my calls. I will continue to share reviews and air all the things suggested to me, until this company provides me with a full refund.

Elizabeth Levittown, PA

If I could honestly rate 0 I would. This company is a scam and their reviews are as well. My husband and I purchased a house about 4 years ago, of those 4 years we have been a member with HSC for about 2 years. Of those 2 years we had to contact them twice. The first time it was plumbing issue with a leak in a garage. This was a pretty serious issue. We called them, initiated a claim, and didn't get a call back for about 4 days from the date the claim was submitted. Finally, we had a contractor call us, by then, my husband had contacted someone to help us. The second time, and most recent (10/31/19) our pressure reading on our furnace was over 30 PSI, my husband right away shut off the heat, and we called HSC at 9pm on 10/31/19, They were closed, no one to talk to, so we went online and initiated a claim. No call the next day, so I called them, was on hold for about 30 minutes waiting for someone to answer then to be sent to a voicemail because no one was available. I hung up waited about 15 minutes, called again and the same thing happend, NO answer, then transferred to a voicemail to leave a message. So I did. 3rd day, STILL NOT A CALL BACK. Called again, and AGAIN no answer in their customer service department. I then tried the sales department, someone finally answered, I told them my concern and he said I can't help you with this, I have to transfer you to customer service. Hoping that because he transferred me, someone would answer..WRONG. Same thing, no answer and sent to a voicemail to leave a message. My husband and I at this point are furious. We had to call a plumbing company ourselves to come out because of the seriousness of the matter. We coudn't turn our heat on because of the pressure. 4th day, I called again, at this point, to cancel my contract with them and cx the claim because we already once again took care of the issue ourselves. Still NO ANSWER. Absolutely ridiculous! And we are calling during operational hours. I left another message and this time a very unpleasant message one to get a call back, because we want to cx. SURE ENOUGH, my husband gets not one but 2 calls today 11/5/19 from them. Unbelievable!! We wasted money for 2 years with a company who does nothing when you need them! Please save your money on this company! I honestly can not stress enough, their reviews are false. This company is a scam.

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Please be assured that we value the feedback and will utilize this input to improve our training and processes. We pride ourselves in having satisfied customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. We apologize if you are not happy with our product and with what our product offers. Our records reflect that you were in contact with a supervisor. We hope she was able to clear up any miscommunications, misunderstandings and/or frustrations. Should you need any further assistance please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Maggie Nashville, TN

Run. Save your money! I’ve spent about $300 on my warranty so far, because I own a home with aging appliances that are toward the end of their useful life. I went to file a claim and the contractor determined that the water heater was leaking and submitted an estimate for the replacement because of its age. He spent 40 minutes on the phone with them and got nowhere, at which point he called me. They asked him “leading” questions to essentially get him to give reasons not to cover the replacement. Example: “how much rust is on the unit?” “What caused this besides normal wear and tear?” I spent three hours trying to get a customer service representative on the phone to find out the status of the claim. I finally submitted a request for a callback, which I got several hours later, from someone who sounded like she had a frontal lobotomy. Rude, gave very little information, offered no solutions, and simply said that they weren’t going to cover the replacement. She couldn’t point me to a specific place in my contract where the denial reason was listed, so I had to go find it on my own. Also in the contract, they make sure to put things in several different sections, so that you can’t connect the dots to figure out all the reasons something will not be covered. Ex: water heaters is listed under one section, exclusions under another, and rust/corrosion under yet another. I fully read the contract before signing up and still didn’t connect all the exclusions to each other. They are AWFUL. My contractor said he’s had two claims from them and this was the behavior each time. He said he’d never deal with them again after this. Now I’m out the $300 I’ve paid them to do nothing, and $1k for a new water heater. I’ll be canceling today and posting this review as many places as possible to warn others.

T W Marion, IA

I would give 0 stars if I could. Horrible experience. Horrible customer service. I only received calls back after I requested to cancel from “supervisors.” I had left a message for the supervisor Mr. G yesterday on his voicemail. When he called today he said he was just learning of our situation... when I told him I had actually left a message yesterday he told me he is a busy busy man who doesn’t have time to check his messages. When I confronted him about obvious fake reviews on Facebook from fake profiles, he claims they would never do such a thing. Ironically I see the same fake reviews on this site as well.

Shawn Tahririan Concord, CA

On 9/5/2019, our contract began with HSC, and so did our troubles. On 9/9 or 9/10, I placed a simple door re-keying claim. After two weeks of going back and forth on a simple claim, they sent a vendor out to do the re-keying. The vendor then charged us a full amount, telling me that I need to claim it from HSC, which is what their process is. Given that the vendor was sent by HSC and that it had already taken two weeks to get someone out, and not to mention it was already after hours and no one picked up when I called at HSC to confirm this, I agreed to pay the Locksmith upfront. The following business day, I spoke to the HSC agent and requested reimbursement. This resulted in back and forth with no result. On 9/28/2019, I placed a request for cancellation of my contract with HSC, however because they processed the cancellation on 10/8/2019, they refunded a prorated amount. Total refund should of been $500, however they refunded back $414, claiming that we cancelled on 10/8/2019, and therefore subjected a prorated refund. Per the contract, if we cancel within 30 days, we should receive the full amount paid. This is a very dishonest, and unorganized business and I don't recommend them to anyone.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Shawn, I do apologize that you are frustrated, however, I do assure you that HSC has done nothing wrong. I am not sure if maybe you are misunderstanding the product that was purchased for you. However, I will explain and provide you with excerpts of our product. You placed a claim for re-keying. We assigned the technician, informed him not to do any work without authorization, as indicated on the work order he accepted at the time. You then called in and informed us that the technician went out and did the work. We informed you that we do not cover unauthorized repairs as per our contract but assured you that we would look into it and see if there was any courtesy we can offer. F. TERMS OF COVERAGE 1. When repair or replacement services covered by this Agreement are required, you must contact our customer service representatives either by making a claim online 24 hours a day at or by calling us at (800) 601-1009. Our customer service representatives are available 9am to 5pm EST, closed on weekends and holidays. You must notify us immediately upon the discovery of a mechanical failure and while the contract is in effect. All repair and/or replacement work covered by this Agreement must be performed by an authorized contractor and approved by us in advance. Any and all unauthorized work, or work done without prior approval from us, will not be covered by this Agreement. Should the contract holder contract directly with others or do the work themselves, we will not be responsible for that cost. Any incurred cost or subsequent damage that may have occurred or have been caused by an unauthorized service contractor will be assumed by you When reaching out to the technician we were informed that you told them to proceed as it was after hours and the technician could not get on the stop approval. We explained to the technician as indicated over the phone and on our work order that he should not have proceeded without approval. We asked him why the cost was so high for standard locks for the home and he indicated that the locks were expensive because they were not all standard door locks. Which is what HSC covers. We asked him for a description of what was done and for a price break down for the one lock that was replaced that would be covered. The technician indicated he worked on six locks, 2 for the garage door, three for a gate and one for the front door and told us he would send us over a break down for the cost. It is important to note that the only lock that would have been subject to coverage would have been the front door lock as we only cover the rekeying of hinged doors accessing the structural walls of the home. We reached back out to the technician when we did not receive the breakdown and he stated he had a family emergency and had to close his office. Ms. Reid the supervisor trying to assist you explained that without the technician providing us with the break down of the prices there is no way for us to work on a courtesy for you but would do so once the technician re-opens. 34. Rekey Service (Standard Coverage) (Basic Coverage) COVERED: Rekey up to six (6) keyholes, including four (4)copies of the new key, on previously installed and properly functioning non-electronic door knobs and/or deadbolts for the hinged doors accessing the structural walls of your home. You are responsible for payment of your Trade Service Call Fee and the cost of any additional services provided. A separate Trade Service Call Fee applies for each unit of any covered multi-unit property. NOT COVERED: Replacement of locks (including deadbolts), knobs or associated hardware; garage door openers (except as provided in Section E.25); broken or damaged locks; padlocks; skeleton locks and keys; window, file cabinet, safe, desk or mailbox locks; and any other services provided by a locksmith. We are so sorry you did not wish to wait for us to get the prices from the technician and requested to cancel. The account was canceled out as per the cancellation policy. The contract started on 09/05/2019 on 09/28/2019 you submitted your request to cancel and a full refund in the amount of five hundred dollars was sent to the check issuer. I am not sure, due to not being able to reach you, where the miscommunication came from about the cancellation policy and the refund amount. Again, we are sorry if you are frustrated, however, we have done nothing wrong but attempt to assist with courtesy for the unauthorized work. Should you have any further questions and or concerns please reach out to Senior Supervisor Jerry Renolds that has been trying to reach you. Have a great day.

Nov. 1st, 2019

Carol Fremont, CA

This company is a scam. I was looking for home warranty company for my rental property. The reason i chose this company because of the 10 days waiting period. The salesperson in the company kept pushing me buying multiple years' contract which against my will. I bought the contract on 9/4, and was promised that the contract would be effective on 9/14. I called the costumer service on 9/16 to request service, but was told that i had to wait for another 10 days. I felt be cheated. They broke their promise. I called and emailed the company to cancel my contract and to get money back. I got the email from the company the next day, stating the refund would take about 7 to 14 days. However, It has been 1 month passed, I still didn't get any update from them. I called their customer service number 4-5 times, each time held for more than 1 hr. Nobody answered the phone except for sales department. I don't know how to trust this company.

Donyale Hall Dover, DE

POTENTIAL BUYER BEWARE!!!! I am an unsatisfied warranty contract holder. As a disabled military veteran on a fixed income, I am disgusted with the services I received from Home Service Club. Their five star ratings on their website and accreditations are highly misleading. Upon research I have found that I am not alone in my complaint of poor customer service and denial of a repair that should be covered under their warranty policy. According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), there is a Pattern of Complaint which states the following: "BBB files indicate a pattern of complaints concerning the company's customer service department and warranty policies. Consumers are telling BBB about problems with customer service when they contact Home Service Club Warranty Corp. (HSC) about a repair that they believe should be covered under their home warranty policy with the company. Complaints about customer service include multiple transfers to different representatives, being disconnected, and leaving messages to which there is a very delayed response or no call back at all. Other consumers allege to BBB that their claim for repairs is incorrectly denied, many times for reasons of age or pre-existing conditions, and they are unable to contact anyone in a supervisory capacity to appeal the decision. A few consumers say their policy is abruptly cancelled by the company without explanation." I highly discourage you from purchasing their warranty. I will be pursing all legal remedy available against this company!!!

scott brainard Columbia, MD

If I could give a zero I would. I signed up in July and went to use the service for the first time in August. I submitted a request on line for service and was never contacted to schedule a service call. After the second attempt I was contacted and a technician was scheduled. The technician arrived on the day 5 hours after the scheduled time. After a quick review I was told they didn't have the part and was charged $75 when my contract agreement said the service trip fee would only be $65. A week later I still have not been contacted by HSC to resolve the repair. I have attempted to talk to someone at HSC but have been left on hold twice for more than 20 minutes, with each call ending by being disconnected by their answering service. I mistakingly prepaid for the service and will be focusing my efforts on seeking a refund at this time. ****Update - When I went to cancel my service my account was deleted from their website. I no longer can access and every attempt to to talk to someone at their firm regarding this has me forwarded to an extension whose mail box is full and then I am disconnected. This company is a fraud and needs to be investigated by the New York AG.

Candace Mozingo Euless, TX

Absolutely horrible service! They deny claims even when you submit with backup documentation. They do not provide the denial in writing so that you have recourse with the seller, even after repeatedly asking for it. They do not provide explanations for why claims are denied. They don not allow you access to a supervisors to try & rectify the situation. They do not return phone calls, or e-mails & they continually put you on eternal hold EVERY. TIME. YOU. CALL. My designated rep, Albert M, was absolutely no help. As a realtor, I've sent him a lot of business & he won't receive any more. I am removing them/him from my referral list. All this over $452. Disgusting & ridiculous.

Mike Oberholtzer Warrensburg, MO

Sign-up was easy, features matched what I needed. The online service scheduled seemed to be a nice feature. Unfortunately my first experience attempting to initiate service is so abysmal I plan to cancel the service. I submitted a case online and have received zero follow up in a week. No service person has called back within the promised 48-hour time frame. I called HSC and talked to a live person the day after submitting the case. Since then I’ve tried calling multiple times. Each time I’ve been on hold for 15 minutes, then guided by the automated system to leave callback info. The first time the system disconnected before a message could be recorded. I have not received any calls.

Charles Stetler Kansas City, MO

Purchased home in Kansas City on May 31. Seller provided 1 year basic HSC. Tried to log into account, no luck. Called in on June 11th HSC has no record of payment so couldn’t use services. Finally got that straightened out and Aaron convinced me to extend to 3 year Pro level and reduced my service fee to $65. Online records still reflect $95 to this date. Tried to schedule service for my garage door opener. Submitted online 6 times. No response. Called in after 30 on hold waiting time, rep said that they called me back and left info. LIES. No cell phone calls or messages or missed calls or spam. So she gave me service company info to call in. Called Overhead Door in KC. They had no record of my request and as matter of fact the owner said that they don’t even do business with HSC. That they tried in past but HSC didn’t honor agreements. AVOID THIS COMPANY. THEY LIE AND DO NOT PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

S. Mitchell Temple Hills, MD

On Friday June 14, 2017 I received a phone call from a number I did not recognize. Instead of the caller leaving a message they then hung up and called again. I than stopped my conversation and answered the call. It was a supervisor from The Home Service Club she stated that my contract had been escalated to her once I filed my claim for a repair and my contract was now going to be cancelled because my home was a foreclosure and they don't cover foreclosed homes. I then advised the supervisor I understand but my home was not foreclosed on, the sale had been suspended (since March) and that I still lived in the home and am in an active repayment plan. The supervisor then said "your home is in foreclosure we looked it up in (system name) and we will be cancelling the contract and you will receive a full refund". The supervisor was very rude, she cut me off without apology and offered no alternatives. Now once the policy was created (May 24, 2019) we could have been notified if they were unable to cover the home based on what their system "reads" but it was not until I filed a claim for services that the contract was then "escalated" and cancelled. June is our last month for the repayment plan (payment already made) and the final loan modification will be entered into the "system", we have documentation verifying we live in the home and are in an ACTIVE REPAYMENT plan. We have also been advised that our loan company would have given the company any documentation advising them the sale on the home has been suspended and the foreclosure is not in active status. The company's behavior has not placed us in a bind because we have no air conditioning in extremely hot weather with children in the home, we would then have to find a new company and wait the "waiting period" to file a claim and now this will be considered "pre-existing"

Amanda R. Kingston, NY

I have been with the Home Service Club for almost one year. I have two properties with them. When I call, 9 times out of 10 I wait on hold for 10-15 minutes, only to receive a voicemail telling me no representatives are available! This has happened multiple times. I have worked with one competent person, Taylor S, who is a manger there. She has given me her private line, but unfortunately I never seem to get ahold of her. Most recently Taylor filed a claim on my behalf, for a tenant of mine whose oven wasn't working. Two weeks later (all this time trying to feed her 3 kids while on a budget), and no response. I write emails. No response. Taylor seems like the only person who can help (when I get ahold of her that is). What's interesting is after several calls and only getting an answering machine, I decided to enter the key for 'sales' and the menu prompt. I immediately got my call taken. Of course, I asked for a warm transfer to someone who could assist me, but I was simply transferred to the service team to a rep who had no idea what was going on. I see the value in home warranty services, but only if they work. It has now been 3 weeks since we have filed this claim and I haven't heard any kind of status on my reimbursement (I ended up having to hire a contractor on my own so my tenant could have a functioning oven). The whole point of this service is to save me time and money. Currently, not only are they not doing this, but they are COSTING me time and money. I am in the process of filing a BBB claim because I don't want others to go through this. I understand things don't happen immediately, but this is just poor service all around. They seem to be understaffed and/or don't have the resources to provide quality services.

ABell Arlington, TX

I would not provide a star if I could, This company has the WORST customer service. Here's my story in brief. It needs to be posted because it's the TRUTH and most recent. First, let me say I am happy others didn't experience what I am going through. But here is my story. After researching HWC(home warranty companies) on this site I chose to contact HSC. I contacted a sales rep who was quick to sale me a policy. After a week of consideration, I decided to retain their service. This is where the company went from a 10(great) to a 1(horrible). I called on 3/29/19, 15 days after my warranty started for a technician to come out and check my hot H2O heater. The service man came out and told me to press the reset button, He only was partially checking the equipment. I mentioned to him that about a week ago I had warm water but not hot like before. I am a lay person and didn't know exactly what to have him check. I asked about the bottom panel and asked if I had to press another reset button. He removed the plate and said there was only one button. He and I both noticed the wiring inside had burner some. I was shocked and asked if this heater was safe to use. He took pictures and said he would turn this in to his boss. He insisted the service call would cost $75 but I told him I paid in full and I am to pay on $65. I told him I would verify and have them pay me back the extra $10. Two days later I HAD to call and check the status of the service call. The owner of H&M plumbing and drain said he had submitted the paperwork and was waiting for the "authorization #" to proceed. He suggested I call HSC for an update. I also mentioned to him about the service call fee of $65. He said he would bill HSC for the difference. I asked him to pay me back for something I knew was incorrect. I was not much but it was the principle of the matter. I called that day and no one was able to assist. I received a call from Amber, a customer service rep, and she said she would be sending the paperwork over to the approval department on 4/2/19, That was the end for another 15 days or so. During that time, I have attempted to call dozens of time and either no answer, no one could help or forward the call. Until I spoke to a rep and she was able to update me on the status. I did not want to display my frustrations with her because she was the innocent middle person. She only relayed the message that NO ONE ELSE could do. I requested to speak to a supervisor so she took my information and would have someone call me. On April 12th, Taylor and I spoke after a missed call on 4/9/19. I was told the water heater needed to be replaced. I could not believe because it was installed in 2011. She said the plumber said it must have been a manufacture's defect. I asked if it had been recalled because I had not had any problem with the water heater until recently. She said she would find out from the plumbing company and call me back. She said she had an doctor's appointment that afternoon and was leaving at noon but could ask another member to check on it and call me back. I am STILL waiting for that information. NOT to mention, I have left several messages on her vm at the extension she gave me. I am forced to file a grievance and what looks like a breach of contract because I PAID for the service call and the 30 days is about to laps and I have not had ANY RESOLUTION of the issue. I am thankful there has not been more damage to my home. BUT you best believe HSC will be liable for any damages that result in their lack of communication and or inability to render service per their contract. Sorry to have been so long-winded but I wanted the truth to be told. Check other complaints about this company online and you will read similar stories. DO NOT give a penny to this company!!! Customer Service is AWFUL!! I cannot believe their mission statement. We consumer have to stand together for injustice we are served by these big "Money hungry" companies. They do not keep their word.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Angie, We are sorry for any misunderstandings or frustrations, with the product you purchased. However, we do see you are in contact with a senior supervisor, who has worked on a courtesy and resolution for you. Please do reach out to her directly, when you are ready to proceed. Have a great day

May. 17th, 2019

Phil Omaha, NE

I had HSC for over 4 years and moved in May of 2017, a couple days after I had moved I called them to update my information. After giving them my new address I was told everything was up to date. In September of 2017 my A/C unit went out and I call to file my first claim with them, but instead was told that since I had moved my warranty would need to be re written and the claim would not be covered because it was now pre existing. I was mad but understood that the person I had spoke with in May must have been misinformed so I said that's fine just refund me back to May of 2017 since nothing would have been covered. Then today, 10/4/17 I received a phone call from them saying they wouldn't refund my money! I can only assume that if they don't want to give me back what they didn't deserve as they would not have covered a claim for me, that the claims practice must be an absolute nightmare! Go with a better company like American Home Shield, I had them before HSC and had two claims that went smooth and when I left I actually got a prorated refund and just switched back. Save the headache!

Barb Plano, TX

I'm trying to understand how all these other reviews are so positive considering the issues I am currently having with them. I would also like to know how this company feels they have you covered when they won't respond to their customers after 5pm or on the weekend. I paid my premium no fail for two years and the first time I tried to put a claim in they completely failed in more ways that one. They have quite the racket going... they don't respond to any requests outside of business hours yet will not reimburse you if you need running water or heat and pay out of your pocket for the repair. Don't throw your money away on this company.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Barbara, We are sorry, you are not happy wit the product you purchased. However, we do see a senior supervisor did reach out, and offered you generous courtesies, above the contractible obligation. Should you wish to proceed, please feel free to reach out to her directly. Have a great day

May. 17th, 2019

Victor Hernandez Stockton, CA

Service sucks!!! Calls are sent over sea and can't get nothing resolved!! Pool is capped at 500 dollars other than that you pay out off pocket!!! It's been 4 months waiting for it to be fixed!!!! Not worth it!!!

michael badran San Clemente, CA

This is by far the worst home warranty by far, they don't honor their contract, they don't replace or even repair anything , you cant get anyone to return you calls or assist in any issue .......don't sign what ever they say ..........I am with them can't get service or even cancel ,,,,,terrible service , terrible company

Reply from The Home Service Club

Home Service Club makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In a recent review of your claim, our records show that we have provided you with a satisfactory resolution, in which we are glad to report that you have accepted.

Apr. 14th, 2022

steve brainard Las Vegas, NV

This is a terrible company, they left us without a water heater in the middle of winter. The plumber took 5 day's then disappeared, I just had to replace it myself. After that I cancelled the remaining contract and asked for a refund. They told me for 5 months that the refund would be coming. Finally, I asked the Insurance Commission to step in and they sent me the refund the very next day! BUYER BEWARE

Reply from The Home Service Club

We appreciate you for providing us with your customer service experience, as we are continually striving to improve the quality of service provided to our customers. Any report such as this about an unhappy customer is taken seriously with the utmost importance. Please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out to be of assistance.

Mar. 22nd, 2021

Nelly Pagan Wesley Chapel, FL

If I could rate this company -Stars, I would. Their phone line keeps you on hold for hours, and when they answer, their responses to your inquiries on a RUSH repair, is a pre-typed answer regarding COVID, as the culprit of their poor customer service. Their service does not meet their contract agreement and their service is poor and the reps are difficult to understand, poor grammar/accent. I've requested reimbursement for my out of pocket expenses 3months ago, and have yet to receive a response or reimbursement. I have cancelled the contract and will never recommend their services.

Reply from The Home Service Club

Good Afternoon Nelly, Can you please provide me with your contract number so that we may have someone reach out and be of assistance.

Dec. 22nd, 2020