ServicePlus Home Warranty

5.1

LAST UPDATED: October 8th, 2021

ServicePlus Home Warranty provides its warranty services to the majority of the United States. The company strives to constantly offer customers fast and effective solutions with a network of qualified service contractors. The warranty company believes in providing great value and protection against the high costs of home and appliance repairs. Whether you are planning to buy a new home, sell your existing home, or simply stay put, ServicePlus Home Warranty's products can you save time and money.

report_problem

Attention: This company has rebranded.

Initially operating as Total Home Protection, ServicePlus Home Warranty has recently rebranded. It no longer operates under the name Total Home Protection.

The Good

• Competitive Prices
  • Types of Home Warranties
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Pre-Screened Local Technicians

Competitive Prices

ServicePlus Home Warranty offers its customers home warranty services at a price that is competitive in the market. The company offers a competive average price of $399 for its basic coverage, putting it right in line with other top providers in the industry.

Types of Home Warranties

ServicePlus Home Warranty offers a comprehensive warranty plan to fit every homeowner’s budget. Your service agreement coverage will repair or replace covered items, regardless of age, make, or model. You can choose from the following three plans:

• Gold: basic coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as a water heater, a built-in microwave oven, and a garage door opener.
  • Platinum: total coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as an air conditioning, a plumbing system, and an electrical system.
  • Optional: additional coverage, includes systems and appliances such as a pool and spa, a septic system, and an additional water heater.

Also, the following home warranties are offered by ServicePlus Home Warranty:

• Homeowner Warranty
  • Seller Home Warranty
  • Buyer Conversion Warranty
  • Buyer Direct Warranty
  • Renewal Warranty Contract

24/7 Customer Service

ServicePlus Home Warranty offers unmatched customer service around the clock. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This makes filing a claim and receiving service significantly easier and can give homeowners, especially first-time home buyers, a peace of mind knowing they are covered 24/7.

Pre-Screened Local Technicians

With a home warranty from ServicePlus Home Warranty, you will not have to search any directories for contractors or repair technicians or wonder whether you can trust an unfamiliar service vendor. ServicePlus Home Warranty offers authorized technicians who are pre-screened, licensed, and insured.

The Bad

Coverage

ServicePlus Home Warranty only covers 46 of 50 states. Even though that is a big portion of the country, 17 other states are denied of their services. If you live in one of the states that is not covered by ServicePlus Home Warranty services you might need to look for home warranty coverage somewhere else.

The Bottom Line

ServicePlus Home Warranty offers their services to 46 of 50 states. They believe in providing high quality products and services that will fit with your budget and your home warranty expectations. The company offers a variety of policies and plans to their customers at competitive prices starting at just $399. With multiple plans offered, you have the option to find the plan that will fit your home warranty needs.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

2.7

Coach Barnes Atlanta, GA

This place is so awful, I can see why they had to change the name of the company so many times. It really doesn't matter how often you change your name if you never change your service. 🤦‍♀️ I put in a service order for my dishwasher, and I was sent out a service man who fixed my stoppage problem, but wanted me to give him an extra $100 for him to say my dishwasher is leaking and can't be fixed. This man is in my house-knows where I live and asking me for $100:/. After I declined his offer, he insisted on calling and hassling me for the money. I soon blocked him and called customer service to file a complaint. They told me that he had filed a claim and said my dishwasher was leaking and had to be replaced. I told her that my dishwasher was fine-only I hadn't used it in over 2 weeks. Low and behold it was leaking...This man actually did break my dishwasher! Most likely because I turned down his offer. I called them back and told them my dishwasher was leaking and to please send me someone else to see about my dishwasher, because this technician clearly did something fishy. They denied my claim and offered to send me $100 to replace my GE Stainless steel dishwasher of 1 year. Then it took them 3 months to send me the worthless check. O.k., now...My fridge is leaking now. But to my surprise, leaking refrigerators are not covered under the plan...WTF! After I complained, they decided to send me a virtual technician. YOU MEAN I HAVE TO FIX IT MY SELF WHILE SOMEONE ON THE PHONE AB&C ME! I could've just pulled up a YouTube channel. So I complained about that and threaten to cancel my service. They offered me $200 to help me to get my fridge fixed. But that two took over 3 months, so I didn't make my payment. They called me and asked for the payment, I told them why I hadn't paid, and this woman tells me that the check is ready, however I must make a payment of $64 for my past due bill. No words for how angry I was. You mean to tell me that, even though my claim was filed while my policy was still active, you uphold your word and pay what's owed to me.....I've paid into this company for years and I finally file 2 claims within 12 months and you "F" both of them up. 🤢sickening

JOE SAVAGE Nolensville, TN

If you sign with this company you need to have your head examined. It is without a doubt the worst service of its kind I have ever known. They are the epitome of incompetence and non existent customer service imaginable. For one thing if you do get through to their service line, which is rarely, they cannot find you in their system, and they begin by advising you that you are 3 months behind in your payments, which is a lie. The one claim I had with them for my dryer was not going to be paid for 8 weeks. How do they expect anyone to go without washing clothes for 8 weeks????? But they could care less as long as they get their payments. Then they put you on hold for 30 minutes because their computers are mal functioning. It's a joke that does not stop playing. So I ended up paying a 60 service fee plus my regular monthly fee for NO SERVICE RENDERED.

Amit Parmar Hilliard, OH

They did not assign any technician for the leak in my bathroom even after promise of 24-48 hrs turn around. After waiting for 3 days, I called up again today (wasted another hour in hold time). I am just said to wait another 24-48 hrs or get my own technician!! Last time, I got my own technician for visit; he had to wait on hold with this company for more than 30 mins, before he left without getting any response. Eventually, they denied my claim and I had to pay everything out of pocket. Worse kind of service after buying it for 6 yrs in advance... yes, all due to high pressure sales pitch. Waste of money. I was told, I can cancel anytime and still receive pro-rated money back for years I do not use. But, now I am stuck and they do not allow me to get my premium for remaining 5 yrs if I cancel my policy. If you prefer to be scammed out of thousands of dollars in insurance premium and still go through frustration for your claim, this company is where one should go to!

Greg Dixon Fullerton, CA

I have had one somewhat successful claim with this company (I have had the warranty for over 4 years, when it was Total Home Protection, and had a microwave serviced--the service person told me that they didn't like working with this company as it took so long to be reimbursed by them); that took a few weeks to get done. My other two claims were disasters--the first, for a water softener, never happened--I was assigned a technician who never called; when I called the number SP provided, I was told that I wasn't assigned anyone. After a third claim, SP suggested I find my own technician for later reimbursement. I gave up and purchased a new unit. My second claim seemed more straightforward and promising--my dishwasher stopped working--I called, had a video diagnosis for $60, then received notification that my appliance would be a "buyout"--meaning I was getting $137 to replace (myself) my $700 dishwasher. So how is this a warranty plan?

Sheryl Hightower Clio, MI

Do not use this company for anything I've been paying for over 5 years at a plumbing claim never received a service person out my husband had to fix the plumbing August 28th I had air condition claim and a service manager has not been out yet I had to get my own service person to fix the air condition now I'm asking for reimbursement they don't want to reimburse me they want the person that fix the air condition to call them it takes you over 45 minutes to get someone on the phone company is not good for anything servicing your products answering the phones uploading information on their site I do not recommend them

Rod Price Dallas, TX

WARNING! Please Read!! The only five star rating you will ever give Total Home protection known as service plus is a five star rating on the sorriest customer service that you will ever receive!They are not open 24 seven and they will refuse to pay on any claim you turn into them including items that are covered like the blower wheel and blower motor that moves the air in your furnace and air-conditioning system which is plainly stated as a covered item in their own policy but they will not pay for it! Total Home protection is a total waste of money and they need to be shut down by the attorney generals of each state that they are conducting business in as Total Home protection service plus home warranty company! I want anybody that will read this review to understand that they will put you on hold for hours at a time , promise to call you back and won't, and take your money every month or in a big lump sum and never have any intentions of paying for any valid claims whatsoever ! if you want to waste your money please light it with a match instead of giving it to this company because that is what you will be doing!! Service plus needs to be put out of business immediately!! Do yourself the biggest favor of all before doing business with this company! talk to service repair facilities, technicians, contractors in your area about service plus Total Home protection and you will understand that none of them want to work for them whatsoever because they either cannot get their money from them or every customer they go to , to repair a problem then Total Home Protection refuses to pay either way!!Do not believe any of thier five star ratings that you see on any website !! I can guarantee you that just one experience with this company and you will believe what I have written in my review!! Be ready to be totally ripped off by Service Plus if you do business with them!!! Rod , Texas,

beverly romeo Rockford, IL

My air conditioning went out I have a son with cystic fibrosis he needs the air on so he can breathe easier I called on Thursday 19th of August it is now the 23rd of August I thought it was a 24/7 I was informed today that they don't do business on weekends it advertises every day of the year we have suffered in this heat and if I have to hospitalize him I'm going to be very pissed it's a costly expense I paid 3 years in advance and when you are put on hold for over an hour and hung up on when they click over and you call back and they say you're one person you have one minute waiting and you wait way longer than a minute I hung up let them call me back it was over half hour before they got back to me and I'm waiting for the email still as of right now I would give them a zero I want my money back I had Universal and I had no problem with them and I decided to change over to this company I'm beginning to think that was a big mistake I hope somebody contact me soon we can't do this heat any longer 5 days is long enough

LaGrace Roberts Chester, VA

Total Home Protection has been the worst. EVERYTIME I call with issues with my HVAC unit they ALWAYS try to find a reason to DENY the claim. This particular claim has been sitting for almost 3 weeks and now THP can't assist me with my claim. The customer service agents tried to be polite and helpful. The claims (Brittany N) and resolutions manager (Julia F) were very rude and unreasonable. When talking to Brittany in the middle of our conversation she cut me off and put me on hold to talk to Julia which was another nightmare. THP religiously takes your money for a plan and try to find EVERY reason to deny the claim. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A RIP OFF. Again, when you need something fixed, they will not ASSIST, they come up with lame reasons to not step up to the job.

val oliveira Fort Lauderdale, FL

AC stopped cooling. It's having an electrical problem I am trying to fix with THP for about 3 years now!! It has been stopping often, which it is extremely stressful and frustrating. THP has not been helpful, nor efficient on fixing or solving the situation. I asked for a manager to talk to me, but they never did, not a call back. So disrespectful. HORRIBLE customer service. They take days to sign someone to service your claim. Do not care to check if the claims are being assigned to a service in need. They NEVER pick up the phone. UNEXISTING customer service here but I BET they are quick to take your MONEY at any second! ZERO stars!!!!!!!!!!

Janet from Hwd Florida

The tech sent to repair an old dryer with several problems, came quickly for the repair & made it like new. If all companies used by Total Home Protection are this knowledgeable & efficient, I would give highest recommendation.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Mar. 24th, 2020

sja Alpharetta, GA

If I can give this company a zero I would. I subscribed to THP and waited my 30 days before putting a claim for AC service. I received the email with the claim assignment along with the contractors information. They were expected to arrive on a Monday between 9a-12p. At around 11:45 I decided to give the contractor a call because I had no communication with them which I thought was weird. I spoke with Tomas, the contractor, and he stated that he hadn't received my claim because THP portal is down. As a result, contractors aren't being notified of claims. I forwarded him my email from THP and he said he would still come and service me...NOTHING. He never showed up. In the meantime, I called THP and was on hold for over and hour even after the VoIP stated I was number 1 in line and wait time was one minute. I disconnected the call. I called the following morning and was on hold for 45 minutes. The rep apologized for the mix up and reassigned my claim. I realized the claim was assigned to the same contractor for the following day between 8-10a. This time the contractor initiated a call and confirmed he would be there between those hours. I felt just a bit more confident that I'd be serviced. On the day of service, I heard nothing and called him at around 9:50a. Tomas mentioned that THP hasn't paid him and informed me to do my research with the company. Again, unprofessional...Why didn't he tell me this the day before instead of waiting for me to call HIM instead of the other way around? I'm very disappointed in this company and their contractors!! As I'm typing this, I'm on hold waiting to speak with someone at THP (now 29 mins). I'm canceling my service and requesting a refund. This was to service my AC unit which isn't working upstairs. I have kids and very hot as it is summertime. Completely unprofessional on both ends.

Cindy

The claim process handled by agent could have been handled better. Communication needs improvement. Left messages and emails to Ashley Martin to contact me and no return calls. My refund took forever due to incorrect information given by Ashley. Also when I called about a new claim it was 5 mins till closing and the guy wouldn't take my info...Frustrating!

Homeowner

They had the best price with the lowest service fees ofvallnthe companies I checked. I liked that I could pay for a long term up front and not have to worry about a monthly charge. I have not actually had to use the service yet, but the plan seems like it will fit my needs.

Greta Altheimer, AR

I didn’t anticipate investing as much money as I did into maintaining my home so my savings depleted very quickly. However, a friend recommended I get a warranty and I ended up getting one from Total home protection. It’s been a great move for me and my bank account. My deductible payment is affordable and the timeliness of their service has kept me a loyal customer. I feel like I made a very informed decision with this purchase. All you have to do is put in a claim online and someone contacts you pretty quickly. I had my oven fixed last week after finding that there was a short in it. Great , very useful service.

Kilija St Louis, MO

You know when you've found a good company...you don't dread calling them when you have an issue. I found myself happy to call Total Home Protection whenever I needed a repair because they always come through. They are reliable, efficient and trustworthy...so I'd say they're worth the money. I've gotten my fridge, my ice maker, my microwave, my oven and my shower fixed through this company and each and every time, the process was seamless: I submit a claim online, someone contacts me shortly after to confirm details, I schedule a time with a technician, the technician shows up, assess the problem, makes a call, my claim is approved and he does the repair. It's just as straightforward as they say it is. I am thinking about upgrading my plan, but I thought I'd write a review first. This is definitely a worthy company.

Freddy

My whole family is happy that we decided early on to get a TotalHomeProtection warranty. My wife has done an amazing job decorating and maintaining our home to fit our needs so we thought it would be smart to invest in something that maintains all of her hard work. With our home warranty, we are able to afford regular repairs and we enjoy access to technicians who are certified, but in my experience, also very professional, capable and knowledgeable. When our washing machine had a blowout at the start of the week, we didn’t bother panicking. Instead, we submitted a claim online that someone followed up with within a few hours. Then, we had someone come by who took a long at our washer and found it to be irreparable and unmanageable. Provisions for a replacement was made and long story short, my family and I are grateful to have Total Home has an asset, and also for clean clothes.

marco jolot Cambridge, MA

Total Home Protection was a great service which was recommended to me by friends. After checking the reviews, I decided to get their Platinum warranty. Not too long ago my hot water heater broke. I called THP and filed a claim with my policy. The customer service rep was super. She arranged for a contractor to come out and take a look. John was on time and very nice. After tinkering with the water heater for a while, he said that it would have to be replaced. He spoke to THP on the phone, as did I and a new hot water heater was selected. Everything was delivered and he was back to install it. When he drove away, I knew THP was a good choice. The best part is the whole thing only cost me my deductible. Thanks!

Davina Moore Easton, PA

My parents had there house since me and my brothers was born. It was their first home when they got married so they only purchased was the normal home insurance. After they passed I took over, I found out that my friend bought the protection plan from Total Home Protection, i looked into a plan for me. In speaking to an agent we were able to come up with a plan they not only can afford but also give them the protection i needed for my home my parents worked so hard for. My extended warranty was able to replace the whole electrical system when it started failing a few months ago. The whole electrical system was deemed dead and out dated and unsafe, so I worked with customer service not only to replace the electrical system but upgrade the fuse box. The agent made the claim process was so easy and simple and the work was done on time and efficiently. I would recommend Total Home Protection to anyone because you never know what emergencies or unknowns can happen.

Whitney Genther Coloma, MI

I had a kitchen light fixture go out on me and it would not turn back on. I called customer service, which had a tech come out the next day. The tech had the problem fixed in a hour. Having to live within a fixed income this was such a great deal since I only had to pay my deductible. They are such a professional business to work with also. The tech actually gave me a phone call a few days after to check and make sure everything was working correctly for me still. I’ve never had a call from a servicer unless I had asked them to call me. Prompt, professional and courteous and they fixed the problem.

Nikkia Hall Suitland, MD

I'm so happy I chose THP for our home protection needs. A few days ago I noticed my hot water heating unit would not turn on. I checked my water heater to noticed that it was not heating up at all. I knew that we would not be able to continue to heat my home without it. I was so glad I did not have to worry about what I was going to do. I made one call to THP and told customer service everything that was going on with my water heater. I was pleasantly surprised that they immediately scheduled a contractor to come over the next day to look at my water hear. He noticed there was a problem with the pilot staying lit. He was able to replace the pilot light and it works great now. I recommend this extended warranty from THP.

Shantee Flint, MI

My hot water heater stopped working a couple of days ago. I assumed that the pilot needed to be lit, so I tried to light it and nothing. I needed to have it looked at. I used my home warranty at Total Home Protection and was surprised to see that it was covered. The person I spoke with was very helpful and efficient in arranging for a local contractor to come over as soon as possible. He was very nice and determined that the pilot light needed to be replaced. He put in the new one and it came right on. My only expense was my deductible. I am so thankful for my home warranty with Total Home Protection.

Juanita James Baltimore, MD

I am more than happy to say Total Home Protection has done an outstanding job in protecting my home. They have dealt with our problems over the years several times. Each time, they showed us no problems and were more than happy to satisfy our need. All it takes is a simple phone call and have the service guys set to come out. As long as I have been with this company they have been professional and of very high quality. I could imagine that this type of work they provide would cost a good amount without THP warranty. We will continuously renew our contract. I wish we knew about this company before. There's nothing like it. Thank you, THP!

ticarra martinez

I'm super duper, happy that I decided to get Total Home Protection. I was in the process of making a big family dinner for my family and some family member's from out of town coming to visit way from the east coast . I was baking most of the food. I went to turn oven on to preheat and it would not turn on I just about lost it as the top range was working fine. I immediately got on the phone and talk with Annette who was friendly and very helpful. She was able to locate a contractor to come and take a look. He came out in about 1 hour and fixed the minor problem, which was a blown fuse. It was fixed in a jiffy. I was able to cook my family dinner and dessert's on time and I'm so happy. This warranty is a keeper!

Kristin Capone Abbeville, SC

We have the Platinum plan and are now overjoyed we chose it! We thought something was wrong with the HVAC unit because the air conditioning just didn't seem to be blowing as hard. We knew our platinum plan covered our heating and cooling unit so we called. They were very professional, just good old fashioned customer service. They took the time to really listen to my explanation without interruption. We had a service person here the next day. It wasn't the unit itself, it was fallen degraded duct work. I saw dollar signs immediately. I just looked at my husband and whispered...."this could be major money ". I really at that time didn't realize our platinum plan also covered duct work. You just can't imagine how thrilled we were. All we had to pay was our deductible. This plan just paid for itself. Beyond satisfied. It takes away that feeling of worry if something goes wrong at wrong time, how do you pay for it? Platinum plan with THP was worth it for us.

Shelia Moulds Columbus, MS

As I was getting up to wash my dishes I noticed that I didn’t have any hot water. That’s when I realized my hot water heater went out. I called THP customer service an got in touch with Mandy from the warranty department. We set my appointment for someone to come look at my hot water heater the next day. After thoroughly looking it over, the service man decided that I needed a new, up to date hot water heater. He put in the order, and two days later it was installed. All I had to pay was my deductible upon installment. I loved how they sorted everything in a timely manner. Every homeowner should have a protection plan with THP.

Patricia Savina Los Angeles, CA

I have a built-in microwave oven combo that recently stopped heating and turntable stopped working. A new unit will probably run me in the $3,000 range. Money is tight and I just can’t drop that kind of money to buy a new one. I called THP and asked if the appliance was covered in my warranty. Fortunately it was covered. I made an appointment for the repairman to come in. The next day, the repairman came in, had the magnetron replaced and got a new circuit board. Problem solved. Looking back, I was grateful to have THP warranty in time like that. For the money I spent on getting myself a THP warranty is nothing compared to the headache I would have gotten otherwise.

RACHEL RODARTE Hesperia, CA

After calling Total Home Protection and explaining the problem I was having with my refrigerator, Sean, immediately, reassured me, and told me not to worry, they will get a repair person in the morning. The repair man showed up on time, showed his ID, did his job, cleaned the area he was working in. He also explained what was wrong with the refrigerator. He was very polite, and asked if I had any questions? I did, and I ask how much was this going to cost, he said because I have an extended warranty with Total Home Protection, I would only pay the deductible. I was surprised and at the same time relieved. I have to say that I'm a a very happy customer of Total Home Protection. I recommend THP to all my friends.

Amber Sedatra Loganville, GA

I am not one to take the time to write reviews, but I feel like I needed to share my experience since I was skeptical about even purchasing my home warranty. I invested my life's savings into my new home, and when I found that my roof had a leak within the first year of purchasing my home, I was pretty upset. It was minor, but financially I was not prepared for such an endeavor. I tired about every self repair kit at Lowes, but finally had to break down and call in a roofing company. The quotes I received were astronomical. It was then I reached out to Total Home Protection to see if there was a small chance that any kind of roof work was included in my plan. The rep said that I DID opt in to the roof leak coverage in my plan, but the contractor would be able to assess if it would be approved or not. They sent over a very professional contractor who specialized in roofing. My claim ended up being approved and the leak is completely fixed!. This type of warranty paid for itself for sure. It is great to know when the unexpected happens I have an ally to help me get it replaced or at least point me to a reputable and affordable contractor. They have connections that I simply couldn't find without their help.

Breann Valdosta, GA

Total home protection was there when all else failed. I never thought they were an essential need until you have something mess up in the home. You need them on your side. Not everyone has money in their account to fix an unexpected problem with their home. My hot water heater leaked all over. I quickly shut off the water and called customer service. This happened early in the morning so they were able to schedule someone to come to my home by the end of the day. Once the tech arrived, he replaced the hoses and completed a few other checks. All I had to pay was my deductible. I am keeping an extended warranty with THP for a very long time.

Suzy Chinnaswamy Houston, TX

My experience with Total Home Protection has been excellent. From the warranty coverage to the customer service, I could not be happier. I have been a customer of Total Home Protection for five years and I have used it numerous times. It has already paid off itself with the amount of labor, repairs and replacements I've had. This time, it was the dishwasher. I ran it when I went to bed and I got up to water all over (luckily I have a tile floor or I would be fixing that too). I called immediately and the representative was super nice. She arranged for a plumber to be scheduled. Basically, he had to remove the dishwasher and get a new one, as well as replace the leaky lines. The representative was able to confirm coverage and the plumber came back the next day to complete the repairs. All I had to pay is my deductible. Problem solved quickly. I expected nothing less from them. Very reliable company.

Catherine Southard Citra, FL

When I first got my home warranty I didn’t think I’d ever need it and it was a waste of money. But I can say that I’m so happy that I kept it. My roof started leaking when a really bad storm, water came pouring through. I was scared that the minor roof damage would turn into my roof suddenly collapsing in on me. Plus, I was sick of the constant dripping sound I was hearing in my home. I called Total Home and they had a contractor came out and patch up the roof for me. No more leakage! I saved a ton of money and a lot of stress. I would recommend everyone to get a home warranty because you never know when you're going to need it.

Aaron Tallahassee, FL

I don’t know what I what I would've done without my home warranty! We had a small electrical fire. The fire ruined my attic and living room. Total Home Protection was quick to respond. They scheduled a contractor to come out and take a look at the electrical wiring in my house. The contractor was definitely an expertise in his field and he took the stress out of a bad situation. Although my warranty, could not cover the damage actually caused by the fire, because it was secondary, I was grateful that they were able to cover the cost of the rewiring of my home. The money I saved there, I was able to put towards doing damage repair on my attic and living room. If you haven’t considered getting an extended home warranty, please do

Allen Dominique Houston, TX

When it rains, it pours and I was having one electrical problem after another. When one outlet stopped working I just ignored it but immediately after, another did the same. Then the hallway light switch went out. I remember my Total Home rep explaining that electrical repairs are included in my plan. I gave them a call and had a technician scheduled to come out. Once he arrived, he contacted Total Home and got straight to work. He not only fixed everything but found the central cause. He assured me that I would not have any more issues. Other warranty companies can really learn from this company, they are the gold standard!

William Burgess Rocky Mount, NC

I purchased a home warranty from Total Home and am very satisfied with my purchase. Having your own home can be stressful at times, especially when unexpected things happen.There's a lot of reassurance in knowing that you won't have to scramble for a repairman's number or work a million extra hours to be able to fix the pipes if they burst or anything like that. This home warranty is probably one of the most important things to have as a home owner. I'm glad I recognized it was worth it. The coverage is absolutely worth having. I recently had a simple repair job done on my ice maker that was completely hassle-free and cost-effective.

Shay Haggins Charlotte, NC

I feel great that I protected by home with a home warranty from Total Home Protection. I had no idea that I could purchase anything like this to cover the damages not only to the home itself, but also to all of my appliances. I am looking forward to having the dripping in my refrigerator fixed once and for all. The best part is, I recently had a small leak in my roof that I am sure could've caused substantial damage. I was able to have a contractor come out to fix my roof within two days, which was luckily right before a thunderstorm. Great, efficient service that makes sure your repairs are affordable. I recommend to anyone looking to protect their home

Delayen Weeden Indianapolis, IN

I had some problems with my refrigerator. I decided to use my home warranty for the first time and I was really pleased. I was concerned that my coverage would be denied because my refirigerator was such an old model, but the woman I spoke with in customer service (Emily) assured me that repairs could be done and covered regardless of the make and model. Emily answered all my questions before scheduling a contractor to come out. He assessed the damage and told me that my fridge was beyond repair. I called Emily again and she processed a claim for a replacement fridge. In two days time, I had a brand new fridge. I now have a functioning refrigerator that works great. Home warranties are a must have.

Kelly Glenn New Rochelle, NY

Who knew long-term warranties for household items existed? Total Home Protection is the perfect service for anyone looking for extra support for their home. Their Platinum plan that covers washers & dryers and EVEN built-in microwaves was such a Godsend. Right before my husband's family arrived for an extended stay, my dryer and our microwave decided to malfunction to what we thought was the point of disrepair. My husband was frustrated and ready to purchase a new dryer and rip out built-in microwave right out of its nook but I quickly remembered that we had recently purchased a THP plan. I contacted them and they immediately selected and scheduled servicemen for the next day. I was so impressed with the caliber of the service workers. They were quick, professional and pleasant. Also, both items were covered by my plan. I was left with a tiny deductible. So impressed!!!

Not Total Home Protection Missouri City, TX

Total Home Protections is the worst! Sometimes the technicians show up as scheduled sometimes they don't. I have had two separate technician visits that initially seemed to go well. The problem was that after they left I never heard from them again. Yes, you are given the Techs contact info, but they have no answers as to what is going on. I called Total Home Protection for a status. I was transferred, put on a long hold and finally told my claim was denied. Total Home Protection said, they would send me $200 for the two appliances they chose not to repair. That was in December 2020, its now June 2021. I'm still waiting for those checks. I stopped paying them in April 2021 because this service is an expensive joke. I called to cancel in January/February but was told the check wouldn't be issued if I canceled. Lies! I called in April 2021 to ask about the payments they were supposed to send they told me I wouldn't receive the checks from December 2020 because my account was passed due. LOL! Again, I stopped paying them in April 2021. So I didn't pay them in April 2021 and let the account go. Funny thing (not really funny) they billed my account in June 2021. I'm so annoyed with this company that is why I am leaving this review. As I type this I am on hold for the second time. They hung up on me after 10 minutes on hold the first time. I want my money refunded for June! Don't sign up with them.

Tianna Sjosten Los Banos, CA

BEWARE. Whoever these people writing reviews are, they must work for Total Home Protection. This is a SCAM company. They will work as hard as they can to never pay a claim. If I could give them a zero star I would. Our AC breaks every year, and every year they tell us they cant find any techs in our area. This is because no company wants to work with them because they never get paid!! So when I call a company on my own (and I have no problem finding one) and pay out of my own pocket, they fight tooth and nail to reimburse. DO NOT USE THIS HOME INSURANCE COMPANY. I never write reviews, but if I can save even one person from this terrible company and save them some money, then it will be worth it!!!

Toni Akers Latonia, KY

My Mom also has them and her dishwasher broke. They told her it could not be fixed I thought according to our contract with them that they would replace it that’s what I was told on the phone when I signed up for this and I signed my mother up for this. Well that is not what happened they told her that it was perforated due to the age and they were going to send her $150 check to replace her dishwasher. I think that is just terrible I was with American Home Shield for many years and switch to them because of the lower price and was told everything would be the same well it is not if they don’t feel like fixing it they will send you a check for about a third of the price.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Per the contract, Total Home Protection does have the right to offer a Buy-out amount (not to exceed your unit’s depreciated value and at our actual cost) in lieu of repair or replacement. We make this decision at the recommendation of a vendor or one of our experienced authorization technicians. We have reached out to you personally to further discuss this claim decision. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402

Jun. 22nd, 2020

Home Owner

The company states it provides 24/7 service but that's a play on words. It doesn't have third party companies on emergency stand by. That maybe why the service call fee is lower than other home warranty companies. However, when the personnel finally comes out, they provide good service.

Reply from ServicePlus Home Warranty

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. Per the policy, Total Home Protection's new claim placing system is available 24/7. While our location itself closes on weekends, holidays, etc - we do have measures in place to allow consumers to place claims online and over the phone. We also have a system in place that assigns vendors to service your claims over the weekends and after normal work hours where available. If you would like to review a copy of your policy you can do so online through our consumer portal or by calling our customer care team who can send one to you through email. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402

Mar. 10th, 2020

This system is easy to arm & disarm. I trust this unit for my protection. My only complaint is that extra camera , etc are to expensive to add to package.

Bruno Miami, FL

I want to say thank you to a gentleman named Jeff for his professionalism and patience with me. I just bought a home last year and after much confusion, I was ready for some peace of mind. Jeff helped me out with getting a warranty that was budget-friendly but covered everything I needed, especially the expensive washer and dryer my wife insisted on getting. Thank you again Jeff.

Benji

Total Home Protection is a very trustworthy company. I first purchased coverage for pretty much all of my appliances in my new home. When my dryer suddenly stopped getting hot, I had no problems from Thp getting someone to come out. I was so pleased with the services, I decided to cover my whole home and with the price of my deductible, I'm certain I made the right decision.

Philip Alexander Houston, TX

When my family and I had to replace our oven due to its sudden malfunctioning, Total Home Protection made the process easy. I’m glad I had a warranty in place when the breakdown occurred. I felt reassured throughout the whole process and it was fast and quick to get a brand new oven in less than 2 weeks. We are so happy with our new appliance and are comforted to know we always have help when we need it.

Wayne Brattleboro, VT

I thought it was in my best interest to look for a service like this. I have frequent problems with the appliances in my home because I have a big family so everything gets used pretty often. Total Home Protection has helped me offset the normal cost and time I usually have to put into getting these repairs done. I’m able to consistently maintain my home better without breaking the bank.

Yasmin Cos Cob, CT

The garbage disposal in my kitchen sink stopped working for whatever reason. The repairman sent from Total Home Protection was surprisingly able to fix it pretty quickly. I was astounded because the amount of trash that was backed up in there was ridiculous. I’m happy to have my disposal fixed and even happier that it didn’t take weeks and weeks and cost me an arm and a leg.

Allen Benson Austin, TX

Within 6 hours, I had an appointment set up with a technician to fix my garage door opener. I was very satisfied with the response time as well as the service I received from the individual who repaired the garage door. He was professional and seemed genuinely happy to help me get my door fixed. I highly recommend Total Home’s warranty for all home owners. It definitely helps.

Deka Cynthia Atlanta, GA

I told my friend Joan about Total Home Protection and she hasn’t stopped talking about them. You get the best services from these guys for a price you can’t get anywhere else. My home warranty with THP covers repairs and maintenance of all my home appliances and I no longer worry about looking for local repairers for my television set, my AC, or any of the things I have at home. I simply call THP and they send me a local contractor right a way. This is a good choice and the best among the rest, they save me money and time and I love them for that. Thank you.

Sophia Lawson Minneapolis, MN

Never thought I'd be a "guarantee individual," however I got truly tired of looking for another repairman each time something in my home gave out. Thought it merited an attempt, and it's been really charming up until this point. Simple cases process...my claims were endorsed for my fumes fan and my cooktop. They essentially handle everything. Made an arrangement, fellow appeared, issue settled. Clear