Complete Protection Logo

Complete Protection

LAST UPDATED: September 23rd, 2020

Complete Appliance Protection is a home warranty company founded in Kansas in 1998. The family-operated business is currently headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri with another location in Toronto. The company offers its customers 24/7 customer service, monthly programs rather than annual ones, no deductible options on home warranty plans, and no exclusions for unknown pre-existing conditions, rust, or lack of maintenance. Complete Protection also pays for preventative maintenance and for 100 percent of approved repairs. The company also allows you to use your own service company if you prefer. Having won Angie's List Super Service award, Complete Protection prides itself in its award winning service and its A+ rating with the BBB.

The Good

• No Deductible
  • Appliance Replacement Reimbursement
  • No Pre-Exisiting Condition Exclusions

No Deductible

Unlike most industry competitors, the company pays for all covered repair costs with no service fee charged to the customer. This includes parts and labor. Customers are also able to choose any licensed contractors they desire for service repairs. The company will pay up to $1,000 for each item repair within a 12-month period.

Appliance Replacement Reimbursement

The company offers customers a reimbursement for any covered items that it determines to be unrepairable. Complete Appliance Protection publishes a detailed list on its corporate website on the exact amounts the company will pay for each replacement item. The company pays up to $500 for item replacement costs.

No Pre-Existing Condition Exclusions

Complete Appliance provides coverage for any unknown pre-existing conditions, lack of maintenance, and rust on covered home appliances and systems. Unlike industry competitors, the company also provides warranty protection on the interior parts of appliances.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bad

• Warranty Restrictions
  • No Mobile App

Warranty Restrictions

The company does not offer coverage on certain items covered by some other similar home warranty competitors. Certain restrictions may also apply on items covered by the home warranty. According to the corporate website, the company's warranty does not cover the following items:

• Roof Repair
  • Sprinkler Systems
  • Humidifiers
  • Structural Items

No Mobile App

The company does not provide a mobile app for customers. A mobile app can be helpful towards filing claims and making payments while customers are away from home.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Complete Appliance Protections offers customers several home warranty options with no deductible or pre-existing exclusions. Premiums can be paid on a monthly or yearly basis; however, the company does not cover several items that are warrantied by many other similar industry competitors. The company also does not offer a mobile app that could be used for easier filing of claims.

3.6

Don Berry Sherwood, AR

We have had CP for years now and we are 100% satisfied. Every time we have had a need to get service for a covered appliance or home system it took just one phone call ... answered by a real person by the third ring ... and repair services whether their suggested vendor our ours was arranged. We have been with other protection programs but NONE is anywhere close to CP.

Jessica Mabry Dallas, TX

I've had to use Complete Protection a few times. They were happy to let me use my own service people and then be reimbursed. The people who I spoke to on the phone were eager to help. One of the appliances was beyond repair. CP approved the replacement of the product pretty quickly they weren't interested in constantly putting band-aids on what was obviously a failing piece of equipment. I've heard horror stories about other companies doing that.

Lee Lo Albany, GA

The warranty will only cover a portion of the cost to fix an appliance. Based on the yearly cost of the warranty -- you almost break even to simply save your money for major repairs. For example, my AC unit required a $1500 part (cheapest quote from a licensed, insured HVAC company) -- nevertheless, Complete Protection only approved a $500 settlement for the part.

Tara Shields Tucson, AZ

This honestly is the first Warranty Company I have had a huge concern about, not that I’ve had much experience with Warranty Companies thankfully. I was recently told and send a letter stating they had issued a $700 payment to assist with replacing an air conditioning part and essentially the air conditioning unit that needs to be replaced on a home I recently purchased. Two weeks later I was still waiting for the check. I followed up with them and they informed me that I first had to send them the receipt for the replacement unit. I explained that I was told by the rep, and in their letter which very clearly states, that they had issued a $700 check. Never did they tell me that I first had to send them the receipts. They then informed me that because of the problem I had they were re-doing the language in their “template”, And adding verbiage to it, but that I am the ONLY customer out of thousands who’s ever had a problem with this! Unless they have thousands and thousands of customers who cannot read or hear, I doubt that is the case. While I understand that their documents state one thing, for the representative to tell me another and to send me a letter advising they had issued a check that never got issued is a completely different matter and I should be able to rely on what that they placed in writing. Considering it is an air-conditioning unit that went out in the middle of the summer in Arizona is even more infuriating! Apparently this is not just the representative’s issue it is a “template” they use on all claims. That is a serious problem. I requested a copy of the corrected template just so that other future customers don’t have to deal with such an issue but to date I have not seen it. Just something to be very cautious of.

Sepehr Haddad Chevy Chase, MD

Hassle free and great customer service when something goes wrong, total peace of mind!