American Residential Warranty

5.9

LAST UPDATED: September 2nd, 2022

American Residential Warranty is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company's suite of products includes home warranty plans, electronic protection plans, and home security systems. American Residential Warranty aims to give customers peace of mind and customizable service options. The company has partnered with AmTrust Financial, ADT, and Asurion to provide customers with a variety of services. The company was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.

The Good

• Nationwide Coverage
  • Plan Options
  • 24/7 Contact
  • Flexible Contractors
  • Customer Service
  • Sample Contract

Nationwide Coverage

American Residential Warranty covers all of the United States. Some home warranty companies only serve a restricted geographical region, so it's convenient for consumers that they can receive coverage regardless of where they live in the United States.

Plan Options

American Residential Warranty offers four plans that vary in coverage and cost. Customers can also choose whether they would like to pay monthly, annually, or quarterly.

24/7 Contact

Customer representatives for American Residential are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, all year long. This is a necessity when customers have an unexpected emergency in the middle of the night or on holidays.

Flexible Contractors

American Residential allows customers to pick their own contractors to conduct their repairs. All a customer has to do is call American Residential and alert them that they would like to use their own contractor. The contractor will then need to contact American Residential to gain authorization for the repair. This is rare within the home warranty industry, as most home warranty companies only allow customers to use their own affiliated technicians.

In addition to the ability to file a claim 24/7 via phone, American Residential Warranty shows a commitment to customer service by allowing customers in select states to file a claim online. The service provider also responds to many customer reviews.

Sample Contract

ARW has sample contracts available online for customers to review typical coverage terms for service. This is a benefit because many complaints against home warranty companies involve unfair claim denials. ARW providing a service contract for potential customers lets them know what to expect from a warranty.

The Bad

• 30-Day Wait Period
  • No Mobile App

30-Day Wait Period

American Residential Warranty has a 30-day wait period before you can receive its home warranty coverage. This is to help protect the company against pre-existing conditions and to keep coverage costs down since American Residential Warranty does not require appliance and system inspections.

No Mobile App

Unlike some other warranty companies, ARW doesn't have a mobile app to file a claim on the move. This could make the process for getting a repair less convenient, because some mobile apps also allow you to track your technician appointment and manage your account. However, for some customers, a mobile app is not necessary and they prefer to file a claim online or over the phone.

The Bottom Line

American Residential Warranty is a home warranty provider that offers multiple payment plans and flexible options for preferred contracts and technicians. American Residential's customer representatives are also available 24 hours a day year round, and it serves nationwide. Overall, American Residential Warranty seems to be a legitimate company and deserves an honest look. If you're interested in reading what customers have to say about the home warranty provider, check out American Residential Warranty reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at American Residential Warranty below.

not_listed_location

American Residential Warranty Frequently Asked Questions

May I choose my own contractors with American Residential Warranty?

Yes, you may choose your own contractors. All you need to do is let the claims representative know that you would like to use your own contractor and make sure that your contractor calls in for authorization prior to completing any repairs.

What makes American Residential Warranty one of the best home warranty companies?

As an American Residential Warranty customer, you experience excellent customer service, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can speak with a live customer service representative located in the United States. The company also provides immediate service for emergency issues, and it will respond to a request for service within 24–48 hours. Customers can select their own service providers or choose between the company's larger network of licensed, pre-screened, and pre-qualified technicians.  The company does not have long-term contracts, so you may hold a policy for as little or for as long as you would like. American Residential Warranty has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, the highest rating the agency gives.

Does a home warranty with American Residential Warranty cover TVs?

Having a TV covered by a home warranty largely depends on the plan you select from the warranty company. American Residential Warranty now covers TVs with the Ultimate Electronics Protection Plan. All of your computing and home entertainment devices can now be protected under one plan — TVs, laptops, tablets, desktop computers, game systems, home theater systems, and so much more.

How does a home warranty work with American Residential Warranty?

When a person purchases a home warranty, they are entitled to certain coverage as part of the policy. If a covered appliance or home system breaks down, such as your washing machine or your central heating system, you simply contact the warranty company, and it will arrange for a licensed, pre-screened, and pre-qualified technician to come to your home and assess the situation. If the issue is due to normal wear and tear or mechanical failure and is a covered item, then the appliance or system will be repaired or replaced within the terms and conditions of the plan. For covered repairs, the homeowner will only have to pay a nominal service fee.

Why is there a 30-day wait period with American Residential Warranty?

The company has a 30-day wait period to help protect it from pre-existing conditions. This waiting period helps to keep plan costs down since American Residential Warranty does not perform an inspection to determine the condition of your appliances and systems.

What does a typical home warranty with American Residential Warranty not cover?

A home warranty can provide substantial protection for many appliances and systems within your home. Plans can be built and customized to allow homeowners to add a variety of items to their policy. Additional refrigerators, ice-makers, washers, dryers, pool, spa equipment, well pumps or additional heat/air conditioning units can be added. There are also additional options which cover electronics, sewer, water lines, and more. A home warranty does not cover any items in the event of natural or man-made disasters that can cause major damage to a home and its mechanical systems. The warranty also does not cover events that a homeowners or flood insurance policy would cover, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, floods, or theft. Warranty plans do not cover the physical structure of a home or personal belongings that are inside the home. Please see the Terms and Conditions for full coverage details including all exclusions and limitations.

What is a home protection plan?

A home warranty plan helps protect a homeowner from the high costs of unforeseen mechanical failures of their covered appliances and home systems. The plan provides licensed, prescreened, pre-qualified service technicians to assess the situation. A home warranty plan will also help contribute towards any needed repairs or replacements if a mechanical breakdown is due to normal wear and tear.

What is a trade service fee?

When you request a repair, you pay a trade service fee. The fee is the deductible for that service call. Please see your declaration of coverage for the amount of your trade service fee, or ask a customer support representative. For example, if you need both your air conditioner and your interior electrical system repaired, a trade service fee will be incurred for each repair needed (i.e., an HVAC technician and an electrician).

Is there a contract with American Residential Warranty?

There are no long-term contracts involved. As a customer of American Residential Warranty, you will not be locked into a plan. You can have your plan for as little or for as long as you’d like.

What happens if I sell my home?

A home warranty can help home buyers feel secure in knowing that they will be protected in the event of a sudden breakdown of an appliance or home system. When you sell your home, your home plan can be reassigned to the new homeowners. Certain plans require a $39 transfer fee. See the company's Terms & Conditions for details.

4.1

bookmark

Featured Review

Betty&Bill Baldwin

Since I have had American Residential Warranty I have had excellent service & warranty coverage. It gives me peace of mind knowing I don’t need to worry about untimely breakdowns All I have to do is call ARW for them to make arrangements for service/repair !!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Betty & Bill, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Sep. 16th, 2020

bookmark

Featured Review

Emma Howard

Great service on time great technicians clean up behind themselves figured out the problem went to get the parts came back and fixed the problem

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Emma, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Oct. 19th, 2020

Patty

While it's been several weeks since my interaction with ARW for service needs, I did find them to be pleasant to speak with but was unhappy discovering that while there's a 24 hour operator, that I had to wait until the next business day to establish my claim / call for service. I had air conditioning needs in a part of the country that has extreme heat in the summer months and to wait more than 12 hours just to be able to speak to a customer service rep. to write my claim was a bit upsetting. Then the operator was supposed to have someone call me back on that next business day and I ended up having to make that call back to ARW to make the claim. Once I was able to get ahold of a customer service rep., that person was terrific and very attentive. The company they referred me to (Warrior Heating & AC) were absolutely terrific.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Patty, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Sep. 22nd, 2020

Albert C. Wilkerson Chicago, IL

ARW, has helped me a number of times. Whenever I have a problem at home with a covered item, I can ALWAYS, count on ARW to take care of it. They contact A & E Factory Service (Sears). We setup an appointment, A & E comes out & takes care of the problem. Sometimes they have to order parts to get the job done. I have to say I'm proud to have ARW and their choice of Technicians (A & E Factory Service) for my "Piece of mind".........Thanks ARW.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Albert, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Aug. 17th, 2020

MLRB

I have three incidents happen in my home within a 30 day period. I called ARW to report my issue, and once I paid my co-payment, and a professional was sent out to my home (one of three co-payments I didn't pay, because it was relative to my last issue).

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello MLRB, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

May. 26th, 2020

Kandis Correa Fort Gibson, OK

Lied. Didn't cover my blower fan in my heating and ac unit. Currently without air in Aug temperatures, with 4 kids and they have having my cover 60% 0f the cost. Per- Sal r. American home shield covers total cost. Will be switching back. It's work speaking to someone who doesn't speak good English for the quailty of service.

April Simpson Fayetteville, NC

I will no longer recommend them. I have had 2 bad service experience. The 2nd one has taken the cake. My toilet was clogged and plunging it was doing nothing. Place a service request and after 9 days of no one coming I called ARW and they told me to either wait until their Service contractor comes out or hire one myself and get reimbursed. I hired Root Rooter who cleared the clog and now ARW won't reimburse me unless I tell them what caused the clog. Very humiliating for me to tell them a large stool got stuck.

Frederick E. Person

1, Company has no call-back feature for long wait times 2. Company website does not have an online claims component 3. The online site does not provide the complete account number which is requested by the claims department 4. Prior claims are difficult to reference for pertinent information

Colleen Olson Dallas, TX

Our clients and I are extremely satisfied with the customer service we received, especially from Dani S. We highly recommend her!

Bobbie Davis Jackson, MS

very proffesional and very knowledgeable on productivity and excellent customer service. I would highly recommend American Residential Warranty my family, friends, and collegues.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Bobbie, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Aug. 7th, 2020

tkofsa San Antonio, TX

i called them you get a female voice asks the same question three times sends you to a male voice asks the same question then press 4 if you are in texas you get hung up on

C. Antonetty Haledon, NJ

Last year my refrigerator broke and I had PSE&G look at it before calling American Residential Warranty. PSE&G told me that the refrigerator could not be fixed because it was too old and they could not find the problem. I called ARW to inquire about getting a replacement. They assured me that they could help as they were partnered with reputable companies which would give me a better price than the retail stores. However, because of policy they still had to send out a technician. Long story short, I am still using that refrigerator today as the technician, who was young by the way, diagnosed and fixed the problem in less than 2 hours. Service was excellent

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello C, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Aug. 16th, 2019

Tim Stiemann Houston, TX

American Residential Warranty is an outstanding Home Warranty Company. Through the years we have always received quick, efficient service and they have often gone the extra mile to help us. More than once we have been pleasantly surprised to find them willing to pay for the entire cost of certain covered items or give us a generous credit toward the parchase of a covered replacement ítem. They have also repaired many covered items in our home over the years and saved us tons of money in the process. Their warranty is worth every penny and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good home warranty company. They are the best!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Tim, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the services we have been able to provide you. Please do not hesitate to reach out if any future need arises. We look forward to continue to provide you services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jun. 5th, 2019

Betty Jason Lake Charles, LA

I had a problem with my oven and plumbing. I called American Residential Warranty, told them my problems. They got started on my problems right away. In several hours the technicians were calling me to come out. They both came out the next day which I thought was fast. The technicians fixed each their problems which one was a plumbing problem and the other was a oven problem. I would recommend American Residential Warranty to everyone because Customer Service is friendly and helpful plus they are fast in getting your problems resolved and the price is right for the Service each month and the fee for coming out which you now pay over the phone with a credit card is absolutely perfect for my budget.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Betty, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your issues were repaired and that you had such a positive experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Mar. 4th, 2019

Bonnie Bell-Halliburton Hephzibah, GA

I am a new customer, thus, I can only rate the service on its professionalism and the representatives who provided me with the information I needed to make an informed decision. The representatives I spoke with were knowledgeable and answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. I have great faith that American Residential Warranty will make good on its promise to protect my home should anything happen. At first, I selected the most economical plan for my budget (I thought) but a really nice representative explained to me the benefits of having their top plan) I then decided that I would cut back on some of the things that took my discretionary cash and I would use that money to afford the best plan that American Residential Warranty offers. I'm glad I made that decision. Being a widow, having to take care of a home alone and living on a fixed income makes it extremely important for me to make sound decisions when it comes to financial matters. I have always been told by those that know... "There are two things you never finish paying for...that's a home and a car. These things will always need to be maintained. Thank you American Residential Warranty.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Bonnie, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience at our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Feb. 27th, 2019

Linda Dowdy Ione, CA

We had American Residential Warranty coverage for our new home for a year. Thankfully we never had to use it. The second year we decided not to renew. The company charged my account $500 without my permission and will not return my money. I have been waiting since June 21st and they have not responded to repeated requests.

wealtha deakings Pueblo, CO

This insurance was ok until my washer broke down and I discovered it wasn’t covered. When I bought this plan I thought it was included. I terminated my insurance and went with AMERICAN Home Shield.

Jenkins Covington, GA

The service is excellent, everything was smooth and quick, points taken away because I was guaranteed a rate for the life of my policy which went up 18 months later. I was told it was just the way of the world and I couldn't do anything about it....but they apologized

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Jenkins, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jun. 2nd, 2020

Kim B Marion, IL

Odds are my review won't even be shown. Service is horrible. I have waited almost 3 weeks on a garbage disposal to be replaced.

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

I love my home and I wanted a good service to protect it once I actually moved in. American residential warranty had good reviews and great prices, so I gave them a shot. My rates have stayed the same and there were no hidden fees, I'm grateful for them and I have a peace of mind now with the warranty being in place.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Audrey, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased to have the opportunity to continue protecting your home. We would love the opportunity to reach out and discuss your positive experience further with you. Please send an email to [email protected] with your policy and best contact phone number or address and a member of our Corporate team will be happy to reach out to you directly. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 28th, 2022

Barbara Laster Lake Charles, LA

There is nothing I dislike about ARHW. The service I receive from them has been fair, considerate, and pleasant. They are an excellent company to work with. they are prompt with finding someone to help me with my problem and they also work with me if I can find someone in my area that can get to me sooner than they can. They will also reimburse me if I have to pay out-of-pocket. Thank You so much.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Barbara Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

May. 21st, 2020

Lashaunda Wilson-King ,

Past experiences with the company have proven to be good experiences. My most recent claim was my washing machine. The technician arrived at the appointment time on time and surveyed the situation. I was then informed of what the problem was and when the part would be available. The technician again arrived on time and fixed the problem. I was very happy with the experience.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Lashaunda, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Feb. 7th, 2020

Betty Moore Denver, CO

My dry was out and it took some time for me to get an worker to come out to my house and fix my dry it was supposed to be the week before Thanksgiving and they set me up an appointment for the work to come out to my house and it didnt not happen and i had to keep on call and see when they were able to get an worker out to my house.but once i was able to get the worker out to my house and he found out what the problem was he was able to fix it right away and fast and he told me what the problem was and showed me what he did to fix the problem and showed me what i can do if it happens again.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Betty, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Dec. 20th, 2019

Chester cook Pageland, SC

I had a washer to break I called American Residential warranty and it was no time they had me scheduled to have my washer fixed. The company they got to fix it was exceptionally great customer service and very knowledgeable they had my washer up and running the same day they came to my house. Thank you American Residential warranty for exceptional customer care.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Chester, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Dec. 3rd, 2019

Winnie Wilmore New Orleans, LA

I have had American Residential home insurance for some years and I must say that the service they provide is beyond reproach. the customer service representative are always to kind and professional. I've had other providers and they did not even come close to the quality of service that I have received for American. I have recommended the service to my friends and family. I'm a loyal customer for life. Keep up the great work.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Winnie, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Nov. 25th, 2019

Effie Goolsby Indian Head, MD

My experience has been very good since I have been a member of American Residential Warranty. I expect to have continuous good services. I have been a member for many years and cannot complain about the service. I have requested and received a plumber, electrician, washer and dryer repairman and refrigerator repairman. I have had my furnace and/or air conditioner checked and repaired.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Effie, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Nov. 25th, 2019

Myra Hyattsville, MD

I was very pleased with American Residential Warranty so far, I’ve only had one opportunity so far to use their services, my garbage disposal stopped working and I contacted them to see if they would send someone out to repair it, I spoke with a representative who informed me that they don’t repair garbage disposals, they just replace them, which they did expeditiously, I was very satisfied with the service they provided.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Myra, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Oct. 28th, 2019

Latanya Mahoney Augusta, GA

No complaints the whole process from the beginning [ the phone call ARW to the completion of the work was excellent ] to the end .The technician was quiet do not take unnecessary time,he knew right away what was wrong had what he needed with him. He explain what was wrong showed me what he done.The guy is good for both who he work [ Best Company and American Residential Warranty.NO COMPLAINTS.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Latanya, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Oct. 15th, 2019

Dwight Smith Memphis, TN

My air conditioner went out on a Sunday afternoon. I place a call to American residential warranty they gave me a name of a company. the company called me Monday morning around 8 a.m. had a service technician arrive around 9:30 a m the service technician was polite and courteous diagnose the problem and made repairs to my AC unit within an hour my air conditioner was

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Dwight, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Oct. 15th, 2019

Phyllis Jordan Oklahoma City, OK

Had ac air compressor and refrigerator ice maker go out. Ice maker was totally resolved. Because the compressor went out during the high heat of summer ARW’s ac guy could not get to me for a while. ARW give me the option of hire off network and the would reimburse me. Ac compressor was still under company warranty so only cost involved was labor to remove and install new compressor. I was reimbursed $600 of $800 because they thought it was a old unit. One of ARW’s quality control (QC) called me and is helping me get my remaining labor cost. I’m giving ARW 4.5 STARS—handling both issues and their QC helping me with obtaining all reimbursement.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Phyllis, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Oct. 3rd, 2019

L Respass District Heights, MD

My experience with American Home Warranty. was not a good one. First, my gripe is about the terrible service we received when our air condition went out. They stated it was a 24 hour window someone will get in touch with us. I have asthma and the heat was very exhausting for me. Then we had to keep calling after the 24 hours were up. When someone finally came he said the system was too old they wouldn't cover it. What a bummer it was an awful two weeks we had to suffer, and adding insult to injury my Pepco bill sky rocketed to the highest ever 181.00 This is from having to use a lot of fans which really didn't do any good. Also, for that commercial which says her air conditioner was fixed the same day is a fable please be truthful to your customers. Regards, Loretta Respass

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi L Respass, Thank you for your value feedback. We apologize for the hold time you experienced and we look forward to the continued opportunity to protect your home in the future. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Feb. 5th, 2019

Ruben Montiel IIIHot Mobile, AL

Outstanding Service!! I have owned my American Residential Warranty for many years, but this was the first claim I have submitted. I could not have been more satisfied!! Despite horror stories re: warranty policies, American Residential exceeded all of my expections. The tech that was sent to me to perform the repairs was also first class, both in timelyness & knowledge. I highly recommend this Company!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Ruben, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Sep. 9th, 2019

Tabitha R Fairview Heights, IL

I had a service call for an issue with my refrigerator. The process of calling in the claim was easy and a repair technician was dispatched within 24hours. Unfortunately the part needed for the repair had to be ordered, that caused a delay in the process. The company kept in contact with me until the parts were in stock and the repair technician was out to fix the refrigerator. The customer service provided was the wonder and the repair is also excellent.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Tabitha, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Aug. 28th, 2019

Charles Danberry Little River, SC

We are very please with the service we received with our membership in American Residential Warranty! Our double oven was like new, however, the top oven wouldn’t work. The codes kept saying it was the locking mechanism, and technicians replaced parts. It looked like a perfectly good appliance was going to have to be taken out, until ARW called in Fred. He’s an old-school repairman who was able to find the issue and repair our oven in one quick visit! We really appreciate the work of ARW, we’re already planning Christmas Cookie Baking time.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Charles, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Aug. 23rd, 2019

Leslie Medlock Waynesboro, GA

American Residential Warranty is an awesome plan to have. I was having problems with my air conditioner unit in which American Residential located a provider in the area where I live within two days after I reported the problem to them. The service provider contacted me in reference to what would be a good day and time that they could come out and look at my unit. American Residential Warranty paid the cost to the provider. The only money I had to pay was for the service call.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Leslie, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jul. 24th, 2019

Karen Barr Crestwood, KY

I have been using American Residential Warranty for years and have all my appliances covered, plumbing, electronics, water heater, pretty much all their products. I really have nothing bad to say about this company. I have had to use them a number of times with no problems at all. Their system is very easy to deal with. I highly recommend ARW to everyone for their home warranty needs.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Karen, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jul. 15th, 2019

Praveen Madhavaiya Dracut, MA

We have had to use the American Residential Warranty services twice thus far. Both times they have been phenomenal to use. No issues and they fulfilled their part promptly and to our complete satisfaction. The most recent one being that our microwave failed and the parts were too expensive since the unit was about 15 years old. So we got a brand new microwave and ARW paid for it.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Praveen, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the services we have provided. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we look forward in continuing to provide service for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jun. 26th, 2019

Frank Stony Point, NY

Just had my side by side fridge repaired, and couldn’t be more pleased with the prompt, courteous, and professional technician who performed the repair. Not only was the problem diagnosed quickly and correctly, but the repair went smoothly and successfully. I have been with American Residential Warranty for years and have had many repairs performed. I haven’t been disappointed yet!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Frank! Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your fridge was repaired and that you had such a great experience with our company. We appreciate your loyalty and we will do everything in our end to keep that trust. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. Kind regards, American Residential Warranty

Apr. 23rd, 2019

marie morgan Rogersville, TN

I called to place a claim for a refrigerator in need of repair. Throughout the process of placing the claim the representatives were friendly and helpful. Within a reasonable amount of time, someone was here making the repair. Days later we noticed it still wasn't working right. I called American residental right back. They sent the repair man back and he did a few more repairs. We've had no problems since then. I am very pleased with the whole experience.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Marie, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your refrigerator was repaired and that you had such a great experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Mar. 29th, 2019

Milan Wilson Bolingbrook, IL

Service and response has generally good. On one occasion, I was erroneously told that a plumbing problem was not covered. The issue was resolved with an additional phone call. On another occasion, the repairman was much more interested in collecting his $55.00 than in fixing anything. He just looked at the appliance and said that it was to old and that he would not be able to find parts. He never tried to fix it. On still another occasion, the repairman clearly was over extended. He was a no-show for a number of days and was even too busy to call. It took about a week to get him to show-up and additional days for him to replace my toilet. He finally completed the job at a very late time in the day. I had to call him repeatedly to get him to come and do the work. The work was satisfactory in the end.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Milan, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your issue was resolved and that you're satisfied with our service. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Mar. 22nd, 2019

Adan vallejo Linden, AL

I saw the comercial at Tv. In I don’t believe any marketing on the Tv. So I’m tell my wife about and she told me that is fake comercial, one day I decided to look online So after few questions they call me and I was disbeliever on what the told me, but I buy my insurance (obviously my wife told me I was crazy). We have ours dirt problem with the microwave and when I call everything was fast and the company come to look and told me what happen and they comeback 2 weeks later to fix, my wife was surprised for the service and how fast was now she love it and told me to update the insurance

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Adan, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that your issue was repaired and that you had such a positive experience with our company. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Mar. 1st, 2019

A. Pinkney Harvey, LA

I have used American Residential Warranty for nearly 5 years. I have always been very satisfied with the level of service I have received. The service providers have always proven to be knowledgeable and very professional. Each time I call into the service center I have been met with a prompt and courteous representative who listens to my concerns and immediately schedules a repair appointment. I am truly a satisfied customer.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi A. Pinkney, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear about the positive experience you had on your recent repair. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Feb. 18th, 2019

Christopher Atlanta, GA

I've been with them for a while and have made a a few claims over the past few years. It used to be a bit more difficult but I feel they've turned things around quite a bit and are making an effort to put me first, and I just don't get that from the other guys. Any issues I've been having lately are well received by whomever I reach and I feel like I'm talking to someone competent and that's not something you see nowadays. So I'll stick with them assuming they keep up the good work.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Christopher, We are happy to hear about your recent experience with ARW. We are always working to make changes that positively impact our customer's experience. We value your feedback and appreciate your business. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Feb. 4th, 2019

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

After many years of faulty appliances, I finally invested in a warranty plan to cover my appliances and feel comfort knowing that there is help available 24/7 if I experience any issues. I recommend American Residential Warranty for a peace of mind at an affordable price. Their customer service team has been friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable when I have contacted them with questions regarding my plan. I have not needed to file any claims yet (thankfully) but I do have coverage for my fridge, dishwasher, oven, washer/dryer bundle.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Jmarsh, Thank you so much for the kind words. We appreciate your feedback and are so pleased you had a wonderful customer service experience. We look forward to continuing to protect your home in the future. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Oct. 29th, 2021

Laura Mccall Yreka, CA

Great customer service. Could do better with pricing but over all I really like this company the name says it all.

Be'ana Duke Allen, TX

The Rating that American Residential Warranty deserves is zero they don't deserve anything. The American Residential Warranty is a joke if you purchase it. I would say it's the worst home warranty ever. I have a home and I am not a jack of all trades so that's why I purchased American ResidentIal WARRANTY. I recently literally has a hot water heater that was leaking when I came home that evening. There was just as much water in the garage as a full bath tub. Once before I had an emergency before where toilet was over flowing in my home like a swimming pool so I and called to placed an emergency claim and was told , we cannot get anyone to your home just call another emergency service and we will reimburse you the money just keep the receipt. Here I am again with truly another emergency and I knew it would be 24 hours before I would get assistance so I called another plumber 24/7 emergency service again which cost me $199.00 just to look at the water heater. Now the water heater has to be replaced and I am left with cold water to bath/shower in I am not a happy camper. Again I had to purchase a new water heater that was expensive to be installed. Ok I have to pay for emergency fee and a new water heater to be installed at my home and I call American Residential Warranty and assuming that I will get some type of money reimburse, wrong again. The customer service agents talked to me like I was an idiot or they were so un friendly. If I had to rate the customer service it would be a zero. The American Residential Warranty needs to realize customer pay a fee to them each month for a service that I personally never ever receive. Now I just see my money going in a hole and I am held hostage. The joke is on me I thought this time I picked a winner but American Residential Warranty was 10 times worst than the last extended home warrant I had. I said all this to warn you don't waste your money while lining the pockets for American Residential Warranty . They will gladly take your money every month and never provide the service that you deserve. Yes I am very upset but I pay American Residential Warranty every month on time and in return I receive Zero service when needed or an emergency such as this and the customer service agents from HELL. RUN DON'T WALK AWAY FROM SIGNING WITH American Residential Warranty . I cost me to learn a valuable lesson but your lesson can be free from my experience.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Dear Valued Customer, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you have described above and we would like the opportunity to look into it further. If you don't mind, please forward an email including your name, policy address and best contact number to [email protected] so we may initiate a full review into your experience. Once received and reviewed, a member of our Corporate team will be reaching out to you accordingly to discuss your experience further. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Feb. 2nd, 2022

D. G. East Moline, IL

Customer service has been horrible. My furnace went out in November and I called ARW. Got a good response back and the sent it off to another company to deal with the issue. Didn't hear from the company for a couple of days, I had to contact them. They said they couldn't find someone in my area to do the work. It' below freezing and I have no heat and they don't call me to tell me they can't fix it. I was told by a representative on Saturday 11/20/2021 that I would hear from someone by Monday 11/22/2021. After I didn't hear from someone by Tuesday I had to call for the repair to be done because my house was 50 degrees and dropping. I didn't hear from anyone until 12/3/2021 saying they've been trying to reach me (? even though they have called me before so they have the correct number and I have no missed calls from them) to tell me they couldn't find someone in my area to do the work. It took me 5 minutes to find an HVAC perdon. They stated that I could get it done myself I just need to send the invoice to get reimbursed. I emailed the invoice on 12/7/2021 and per their standard procedures I have heard nothing back from them. I haven't received an email saying they got the invoice and I haven't received a check. I'm not sure how most companies work, but sounding nice on the phone and passing the buck to someone else doesn't work for me. 50 degrees in a house is extremely cold - I just wish ARW cared enough to do what I had paid them to do or to at least get me my reimbursement quickly. Obviously another company more concerned about making money than helping their clients.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Dear Valued Customer, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above, Please forward an email to [email protected] so we may initiate a full review into the outcome of the claim. Please include your name, policy address, phone number so we may verify your account. Once we have reviewed your account and claims history, a member of the Corporate team will be reaching out to you directly to discuss the outcome. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 25th, 2022

mannis8000 Atwood, IL

What a disgrace this company is! Their salesman lied to me. We have 2 houses and we canceled our old American Home Shield Warranty to sign up with American Residential Warranty because the salesman promised us it would be better. We are shocked at what we found out today! So today when we tried to use it for the first time they denied the claim. The representative was not very nice as well! We were very disappointed at how we were treated! They said we needed “additional coverage”. Nobody said we had the option for additional coverage. What a scam. Now the monthly premium is almost double what we were paying before! I have canceled both and I have to call the contractor myself to get this fixed.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Matt, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. We are reviewing your account and a member of the Corporate team will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your account moving forward. We thank you for your feedback, so we may review our business processes and hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around in the future. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 21st, 2022

John Burns Milton, FL

My AC went out on the 28th of December. The technician came out and stated that the accumulator had a leak. He submitted his proposal and estimate of repairs. The proposal was denied because the adjudicator stated that the accumulator was not part of the condenser. The AC tech had to come out on the 13th of January because I had no heat and the temperature in NW Florida was 35 degrees. I found out that the claim was denied from the tech not American Residential Warranty(no email, call, or letter was sent to me). I had to call to find out why the claim was denied and was told that the accumulator was not part of the condenser. The tech told me it was part of the condenser system. I called today, January 14th and after numerous transfers was told that the accumulator was not covered because: 1, I didn't have an AC advantage plan which would have covered this. I was never told that I needed the plan when I signed up for my Platinum Premier Plan. 2. Was told that the accumulator is not part of the condensing system and is not covered. I was informed because the condenser dumps into the accumulator(basically a reservoir for refrigerant), the accumulator was not part of the condenser. I am told that I would be responsible for the repairs and it is not covered. I am totally dissatisfied with this company. I will be cancelling my warranty with them. If this is how they treat customers, I will be their worst advertisement.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Mr. Burns, We apologize for the experience you describe above. Please send an email to our Claims team via [email protected] so we may review your claim with our team. Once the review is complete, a member of our Corporate Office will reach out to you directly to discuss the outcome of your claim. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 17th, 2022

Akhtar Husain Roswell, GA

Zero Star. ARW keeps sending un-qualified service providers for repairs. It took several 5 or 6 trips to repair microwave-oven combo unit. Service providers techs have no expertise to diagnosis of problem just changing parts. After 3 months of complaint unit is still not repaired. ARW guarantee of Repair or Replace is a FRAUD. I am now told to agree on Buyout and offering $153 for a GE unit that costs $3,000. Contract calls for $5,000 limit. Be AWARE every time ARW send out service provider it comes out of your contract. I don't know the MATH they are using. BOTTOM LINE- Stay away from this FRAUDELENT American Residential Warranty - America's Best - Worst Ever experience. Long wait times and in-experienced customer service. I have spent hours on the phone with No results. I am filing a complaint with Georgia Consumer Advocate and will take take action. THE Worst company and stay away.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Mr. Husain, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you have described above. We have reached out to our Claims Department for a full review into the outcome of your Microwave claim. A member of our Corporate team will be reaching out to you in the immediate future to discuss the outcome of your claim, We appreciate the opportunity to review and hope to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 10th, 2022