1. American Residential Warranty

American Residential Warranty is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau. American Residential Warranty's suite of products includes home warranty plans, electronic protection plans, and home security systems. American Residential Warranty aims to give customers peace of mind and customizable service options. The company has partnered with AmTrust Financial, ADT, and Asurion to provide customers with a variety of services. The company was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.

The Good

• Nationwide Coverage
  • Plan Options
  • 24/7 Contact
  • Flexible Contractors
  • Customer Service
  • Sample Contract

Nationwide Coverage

American Residential Warranty covers all of the United States. Some home warranty companies only serve a restricted geographical region, so it's convenient for consumers that they can receive coverage regardless of where they live in the United States.

Plan Options

American Residential Warranty offers four plans that vary in coverage and cost. Customers can also choose whether they would like to pay monthly, annually, or quarterly.

24/7 Contact

Customer representatives for American Residential are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, all year long. This is a necessity when customers have an unexpected emergency in the middle of the night or on holidays.

Flexible Contractors

American Residential allows customers to pick their own contractors to conduct their repairs. All a customer has to do is call American Residential and alert them that they would like to use their own contractor. The contractor will then need to contact American Residential to gain authorization for the repair. This is rare within the home warranty industry, as most home warranty companies only allow customers to use their own affiliated technicians.

In addition to the ability to file a claim 24/7 via phone, American Residential Warranty shows a commitment to customer service by allowing customers in select states to file a claim online. The service provider also responds to many customer reviews.

Sample Contract

ARW has sample contracts available online for customers to review typical coverage terms for service. This is a benefit because many complaints against home warranty companies involve unfair claim denials. ARW providing a service contract for potential customers lets them know what to expect from a warranty.

The Bad

• 30-Day Wait Period
  • No Mobile App

30-Day Wait Period

American Residential Warranty has a 30-day wait period before you can receive its home warranty coverage. This is to help protect the company against pre-existing conditions and to keep coverage costs down since American Residential Warranty does not require appliance and system inspections.

No Mobile App

Unlike some other warranty companies, ARW doesn't have a mobile app to file a claim on the move. This could make the process for getting a repair less convenient, because some mobile apps also allow you to track your technician appointment and manage your account. However, for some customers, a mobile app is not necessary and they prefer to file a claim online or over the phone.

The Bottom Line

American Residential Warranty is a home warranty provider that offers multiple payment plans and flexible options for preferred contracts and technicians. American Residential's customer representatives are also available 24 hours a day year round, and it serves nationwide. Overall, American Residential Warranty seems to be a legitimate company and deserves an honest look. If you're interested in reading what customers have to say about the home warranty provider, check out American Residential Warranty reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at American Residential Warranty below.

American Residential Warranty Frequently Asked Questions

May I choose my own contractors with American Residential Warranty?

Yes, you may choose your own contractors. All you need to do is let the claims representative know that you would like to use your own contractor and make sure that your contractor calls in for authorization prior to completing any repairs.

What makes American Residential Warranty one of the best home warranty companies?

As an American Residential Warranty customer, you experience excellent customer service, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can speak with a live customer service representative located in the United States. We also provide immediate service for emergency issues, and we will respond to a request for service within 24–48 hours.

Customers can select their own service providers or choose between our larger network of licensed, pre-screened and pre-qualified technicians.

We do not have long-term contracts, so you may hold a policy for as little or for as long as you would like. American Residential Warranty has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, the highest rating the agency gives.

Does a home warranty with American Residential Warranty cover TVs?

Having a TV covered by a home warranty largely depends on the plan you select from the warranty company. American Residential Warranty now covers TVs with our Ultimate Electronics Protection Plan! All of your computing and home entertainment devices can now be protected under one plan — TVs, laptops, tablets, desktop computers, game systems, home theater systems, and so much more!

How does a home warranty work with American Residential Warranty?

When a person purchases a home warranty, they are entitled to certain coverage as part of the policy. If a covered appliance or home system breaks down, such as your washing machine or your central heating system, you simply contact the warranty company and it will arrange for a licensed, pre-screened, and pre-qualified technician to come to your home and assess the situation. If the issue is due to normal wear and tear or mechanical failure and is a covered item, then the appliance or system will be repaired or replaced within the terms and conditions of the plan. For covered repairs, the homeowner will only have to pay a nominal service fee.

Why is there a 30-day wait period with American Residential Warranty?

We have a 30-day wait period to help protect us from pre-existing conditions. This waiting period helps to keep plan costs down since we do not perform an inspection to determine the condition of your appliances and systems.

What does a typical home warranty with American Residential Warranty not cover?

A home warranty can provide substantial protection for many appliances and systems within your home. Plans can be built and customized to allow homeowners to add a variety of items to their policy. Additional refrigerators, ice-makers, washers, dryers, pool, spa equipment, well pumps or additional heat/air conditioning units can be added. There are also additional options which cover electronics, sewer, water lines, and more.

A home warranty does not cover any items in the event of natural or man-made disasters that can cause major damage to a home and its mechanical systems. The warranty also does not cover events that a homeowner’s or flood insurance policy would cover, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, floods, or theft. Warranty plans do not cover the physical structure of a home or personal belongings that are inside the home. Please see the Terms and Conditions for full coverage details including all exclusions and limitations.

What is a home protection plan?

A home warranty plan helps protect a homeowner from the high costs of unforeseen mechanical failures of their covered appliances and home systems. The plan provides licensed, prescreened, pre-qualified service technicians to assess the situation. A home warranty plan will also help contribute towards any needed repairs or replacements if a mechanical breakdown is due to normal wear and tear.

What is a trade service fee?

When you request a repair, you pay a trade service fee. The fee is the deductible for that service call. Please see your declaration of coverage for the amount of your trade service fee, or ask your customer support representative. For example, if you need both your air conditioner and your interior electrical system repaired, a trade service fee will be incurred for each repair needed (i.e., an HVAC technician and an electrician).

Is there a contract with American Residential Warranty?

There are no long-term contracts involved. As a customer of American Residential Warranty, you will not be locked into a plan. You can have your plan for as little or for as long as you’d like.

What happens if I sell my home?

A home warranty can help home buyers feel secure in knowing that they will be protected in the event of a sudden breakdown of an appliance or home system. When you sell your home, your home plan can be reassigned to the new homeowners. Certain plans require a $39 transfer fee. See Terms & Conditions for details.

Betty&Bill Baldwin

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Since I have had American Residential Warranty I have had excellent service & warranty coverage. It gives me peace of mind knowing I don’t need to worry about untimely breakdowns All I have to do is call ARW for them to make arrangements for service/repair !!

Sep 16, 2020

Hello Betty & Bill, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Emma Howard

October 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service on time great technicians clean up behind themselves figured out the problem went to get the parts came back and fixed the problem

Oct 19, 2020

Hello Emma, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Johnnie Fowler

November 30th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Repairs not done in timely manner .waiting near 2 monear 2

Dec 02, 2020

Hello Johnnie, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please send us a message with the property address or phone number associated with your account so that we can initiate a full review of your claim and assist with moving the process along. We look forward to hearing from you! Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Andrea Griggs

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Completely deceitful. Charges multiple times per system and not for the problem. They itemize and charge for each thing. Buyer beware

Nov 24, 2020

Hello Andrea, Thank you for providing your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, please send us a private message with more details regarding your experience and we would love to initiate a review to see if we can assist. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

S. Bovell.

November 23rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quality and Costomer service is great. The whole process is customer friendly

Nov 24, 2020

Hello S.Bovell, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Faye Young

November 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are prompt and helpfuld when you are facing an issue with your house.

Nov 17, 2020

Hello Faye, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

LaRita Collins

October 19th, 2020 Arlington, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Worst Customer Service. I contacted ARW on Sunday regarding my heating system. While on the phone with a CSR, I pulled up my online account. The CSR could not locate my account. She tried numerous times. I could not understand why. When she transferred me to a supervisor, as I requested, I was on excessive hold and then directed to voicemail. I was unable to start the claim process for service. So, I called first thing Monday morning. Spoke with CSR Kaneta or something like that. When I asked if she could spell her name so that I could document whom I spoke with because of the issue I had previously, she said, "You didn't speak to me". I said I know, I need it in case I have any issues. She intentionally hung up on me. I called back, spoke to a supervisor, told him the issues, he said he would forward it up. I don't believe that he will. He, however, was able to pull up my account on the first try and initiate the service request. Go figure. I have been a customer for 10 years. This is not the first time customer service has been poorly received. It has happened several times. The CSRs don't care and it could be that they are not held accountable. After this claim is completed, I will be looking for another policy. I don't mind paying a bit more if it means I will be treated with respect. Unacceptable. I don't recommend this company to anyone. Suggestion: Invest more money in training your CSRs and less in advertising. There's obviously a GAP.

Oct 20, 2020

Hello LaRita, We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced surrounding your claim. We are investigating this matter and will be coaching the agents involved appropriately. Due to the interactions you've experienced, we would like to offer you a free deductible on us for your next claim. We will also be keeping an eye on this claim to ensure it goes smoothly, please let us know what is a good time to touch base with you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Ed Serpa

October 8th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do what they say they will do, and they are easy to talk to, and ask questions of.

Oct 13, 2020

Hello Ed, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Crystal Williams

September 28th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don't like anything about this company. The service American Residential Warranty has provided is highly unacceptable. I've been waiting close to two weeks trying to get my hot water heater replaced. I call every day and I'm on hold for an hour and a half. Once the claims rep answers and pretend to help me they put me on hold and then they hang up. Not a single claims rep calls back to finish my complaint after they have hung up. I've called corporate and no one is answering. In fact, I'm holding on three different phone lines right now waiting on somebody to pick up! It's been 1 hour and 40 minutes and counting. I hate this company, I hate the service, I hate it! hate it! hate it! I'm really close to deploying and it's imperative that my hot water heater is replaced before I leave. I will make sure that all military personnel stay away from American Residential Warranty because they are not about putting the customers needs first. Im on day 13 without having any hot water in my home.

Sep 29, 2020

Hello Crystal, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We have escalated this to management and will have someone contact you directly with a resolution regarding your water heater claim. Please feel free to contact us at 888-508-8886 to speak with someone in our corporate office if necessary. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

marie

September 21st, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is horrible, i have been a customer over a year and they get paid on time every month !! i did a claim 9/8/20 for hot water tank and they have not yet approved it as of today which will be 2 weeks tomorrow and remember they get paid on time EVERY MONTH! so i paid out of pocket after a week went by, they don't care just want money. This claim should of been a severity 1, so if your contract covers your water heater you can believe they will have u go 1 , 2 weeks maybe a month with NO WATER before they decide to do anything. this makes absolutely NO sense, they keep you on hold for an hour or more then just drop calls even for supposeably the direct line for a supervisor... NOTHING!! i sent them copy of invoice & my receipt, they dont even have enough couth about themselves or their company to acknowledge they received it to say they are working on it. NOTHING! BBB advises to try and get resolved with the company myself, i have a feeling i will have to get my lawyer involved since this company apparently does not care about their customers on so many different levels.

Sep 29, 2020

Hello Marie, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you for allowing us to assist with this matter, should there be any other issues feel free to contact us as we would be more than happy to help, Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

David Leatherman

September 21st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Arw staff were accessible. The repaieman was prompt. The problem got fixed in 10 days. It might have been sooner but A/C electronic boards had to be orderedafter o

Sep 22, 2020

Hello David, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Patty

September 21st, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While it's been several weeks since my interaction with ARW for service needs, I did find them to be pleasant to speak with but was unhappy discovering that while there's a 24 hour operator, that I had to wait until the next business day to establish my claim / call for service. I had air conditioning needs in a part of the country that has extreme heat in the summer months and to wait more than 12 hours just to be able to speak to a customer service rep. to write my claim was a bit upsetting. Then the operator was supposed to have someone call me back on that next business day and I ended up having to make that call back to ARW to make the claim. Once I was able to get ahold of a customer service rep., that person was terrific and very attentive. The company they referred me to (Warrior Heating & AC) were absolutely terrific.

Sep 22, 2020

Hello Patty, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Dan Whitaker

September 21st, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely TERRIBLE. I've been on hold for HOURS over the last 5 days trying to get them what they promised to do and what I pay $200 per month for. They don't answer emails, texts, phones or anything. And they have 11 phone numbers -- I've tried them all multiple times. Just trying to get a water heater replaced. The Service Provider looked at it and they've been trying to get hold of ARW too. HORRIBLE service, horrible response.

Sep 22, 2020

Hello Dan, Our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, our records show you have made contact with the claims office. Please feel free to send us a direct message or reach out to our corporate office as we would be more than happy to assist. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Dennette Ray

September 16th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great promt service with very high rated service

Sep 16, 2020

Hello Dennette, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Brenda mccool

August 24th, 2020 Tahlequah, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

All I had to dp was call in my claim the appointment was made for repair and there was no confusion,the repair was made in a timely space

Aug 24, 2020

Hello Brenda, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Albert C. Wilkerson

August 17th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ARW, has helped me a number of times. Whenever I have a problem at home with a covered item, I can ALWAYS, count on ARW to take care of it. They contact A & E Factory Service (Sears). We setup an appointment, A & E comes out & takes care of the problem. Sometimes they have to order parts to get the job done. I have to say I'm proud to have ARW and their choice of Technicians (A & E Factory Service) for my "Piece of mind".........Thanks ARW.

Aug 17, 2020

Hello Albert, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Linda Graham

August 17th, 2020 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hard to submit claim. Would be easier to submit online and time efficient

Aug 17, 2020

Hello Linda, Thank you for the feedback. Please visit our website to access the ability to file claims online and feel free to let us know if there's anything we can do to assist. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Ron

August 17th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good customer service, they quickly respond to customers

Aug 17, 2020

Hello Ron, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Bobbie Davis

August 7th, 2020 Jackson, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

very proffesional and very knowledgeable on productivity and excellent customer service. I would highly recommend American Residential Warranty my family, friends, and collegues.

Aug 07, 2020

Hello Bobbie, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Gadisa Robi

August 7th, 2020 South Sioux City, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because I got the best service and I trust them based on the service they provide me so far.

Aug 07, 2020

Hello Gadisa, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Ryan Blair

August 7th, 2020 Trenton, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They started out extremely unwilling to assist me. I was pushed from person to person. Never taking responsibility.

Aug 07, 2020

Hello Ryan, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Mam

August 5th, 2020 Allen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fraudulent coverage period: After payment date, we need to wait for 30 days to have coverage start. The coverage will end 12 months from coverage start as per contract. (So, 13 months) However, when renewal period comes, they harass you to renew and will tell you coverage already ended 12 months from initial payment date which is violation of contract. They will call you from two numbers ( 1-855-416-7572 and 1-469-575-5159) to harass They did not cover two service calls. I had to call third parties to fix and pay them. So, no service calls to attend to for a year and the warranty premium has become free for ARW.

Aug 11, 2020

Hello Mam, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Unsatisfied microwave customer.

July 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a negative I would. I am very upset because I have not had my appliance repaired since May when I called to schedule an appointment. American residential was quick to charge me for the service but yet no one has come and I have not been able to speak to corporate to get my problem addressed because I was not able to reach any supervisor. I highly do not recommend this service. They are not keeping their promise to help repair my damaged item. I will cancel and just take the loss of paying my monthly fee of 65.00 and the 55.00 service charge. As if I can afford this expense.

Jul 27, 2020

Hello Unsatisfied microwave customer, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Bobby Billips

July 24th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a customer for 14 years, when I needed something fix they got it done.

Jul 27, 2020

Hello Bobby, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Milt Shefter

July 21st, 2020 Arlington, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Heating went out and now nearly two weeks later, no action. Impossible to get through to either customer service or claims on weekends. Limited telephone times on weekends results in cut of after waiting up to 2 1/2 hours. Really bad customer service and no actions by claims. AVOID THIS COMPANY- M. Shefter

Jul 23, 2020

Hello Milt, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Pratik Luhadiya

July 18th, 2020 Lancaster, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So takes them milliseconds to charge my card but 45-50 minutes to pick up the phone to file a claim...

Jul 21, 2020

Hello Pratik, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced but do see that two claims were filed on 7/18. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

kenneth von forell

July 18th, 2020 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer for 8 years. I have had a need to use them twice. The first time seemed simple enough. A built in microwave had the door bracket break. It was old enough that there were no parts available. I was sent a check, it didn't cover the total amount but I purchased and installed a new oven. It took 8-10 phone calls to get this simple process completed, all initiated by me. This past week I had a 15 year old dishwasher start leaking. I called the company, paid a $55 service fee I thought was to bring a contractor out to verify there was a problem, what it was and how to proceed. That $55 I learned however, was only to OPEN the case. The appointed contractor came in 3 days. Took out two screws from a panel, looked under the dishwasher, started the dishwasher, ran it through some cycles, and found a pin hole in a rubber gasket. The process took about no more than 20 minutes, he got on line, ordered the part. The part will take 3 weeks, he wouldn't reveal the price. He would tell me that install would me $300 minimum. He scheduled a 3 week call back to repair. I told him before he left that considering that cost, I might just take that money and purchase a new machine on my own. I wanted to talk to the adjuster about that. Each time I called this company from then on took a minimum 30 minute hold time. The first person I got was "claims in home office". But I found out later there is another claims department which is actually an AIG Insurance adjuster. The home office person told me that the coverage amount is $500, which was clear in the contract. He also told me that the limit also included any amount to asses the damage etc. In other words, the initial call, which I was told had been billed to them by the contractor at $245. So I put that with the $300 the contractor told me was minimum for his next call, and I am thinking, take the money and deal with it myself. After 3 calls to talk with 3 different adjusters, they are sticking with the repair. They are spending the entire $500 limit to replace a part on this 15 year old machine, rather than let me add my own funds and replace with a new machine. The customer service time is exhausting. The limits of $500 per appliance are way out of line with current costs if this repair in fact does run $500. The contracted service provider seems to be the only one making out on this deal. MY NEXT CALL TO THE COMPANY WILL BE TO CANCEL MY PLAN. LIMITS ARE TOO LOW, COSTS TOO HIGH, TERMS TOO RIGID, RESPONSE TO CUSTOMERS TOO SLOW. PUTTING THE YEARLY PREMIUM IN A RAINY DAY FUND MAKES MORE SENSE FOR ME.

Marisol

July 18th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You guys are the worst home warranty. When I call for claim every time you have to know the model and Serial number of the product and most time you say it’s not in your system. The company’s you send out do not do there job or do not come out to check the product. You guys take advantage of people and don’t give the right Reimbursement back. Cause you say the older the product is the less reimbursement you get back.

Jul 23, 2020

Hello Marisol, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Antonia Anderson

July 15th, 2020 Fayetteville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to contact and set up a time for service. Good communication with the company while claim was being completed. Quick payout of money toward replacement of items.

Jul 17, 2020

Hello Antonia, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

wendy emert

July 12th, 2020 Roswell, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been calling for three days and no one answers the phone. I have been on hold listening to music for hours. Really.

Jul 15, 2020

Hello Wendy, We apologize for any inconvenience, our records show that a member of our claims team has reached out to you directly to assist with filing claim. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

loretta aguilar

July 8th, 2020 Portales, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called them to come work on my air conditioning and they put free on in it but they did not pay but maybe a 4th of what it cost so I payed more out of pocket plus a 55 dollar service fee and the people they came out fixed it told me I should go with a different company cause they have had a lot of complains about them. When I called to cancel policy they said they didn't having think saying I canceled so they still charged me again cannot get money back called 3 times everyone says something different.

Jul 10, 2020

Hello Loretta, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Ethan Verhagen

July 6th, 2020 South Holland, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is messed up! I made a claim after 45 days my ceiling fan broke, they said someone would call in 48 hours, no one did. I called and they said to go to lowes web site and pick it out up to 150. no one called again then they called and said call lowes directly and they have an installer to put it in. later the next day they said they denied the claim? then I called about my A/C they gave me a company that is out of business with a bad number? then they transferred me and I have been on hold for 45 minutes no answer yet. don't use this company!

Jul 10, 2020

Hello Ethan, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Sandra Cooper

June 29th, 2020 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am sure this will not make it to your website but here it goes anyway. I was a new customer and my range hood went out so I call and they took out $55.00 which I approved. After careful consideration as to how old the range hood was, I call American Residential Warranty back and told them to cancel the order. The lady said fine and would credit my account back. It has almost been a month and after several calls, one 18 minutes on hold and over an hour on hold again, I was assured that I would receive my deposit back. I just called again and was on hold 12 minutes with no response. I have cancelled my account and have gone to a more reputable company. Good luck customers!

Jul 15, 2020

Hello Sandra. We apologize for any inconvenience, our records show that a member of our claims team was able to process your request of your trade service fee refund. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Ken s

June 11th, 2020 Westwood, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thought company was good when signing up very attentive so I switched from ahs. I think I made a mistake. Fridge went had appointment they never showed said next appointment was 2 weeks out that was not acceptable. They than got me a& e which was a very well known company but it took a week to get an appointment made nobody called us from arw we had to wait on hold over 2 hours just to be told they will call back guess what we had to call them. The technician arrived but wanted us to sign a waiver if he broke the door it would void contract we refused and nobody from the company called us again called and emailed another week we were told they can only issue a check for 300 cause the service person couldn’t open door. Why would I sign a waiver to have the warranty voided if he broke it so we settled on the 300 as we needed a fridge and it’s going on 4 weeks. I think I will look elsewhere as customer service takes forever the warranty isn’t as stated if he can’t open it it should be covered . But if you need to purchase a warranty they pick up very fast they should put there resources in service where it’s needed. So I will be out the difference on the fridge and will end my warranty with them and return to ahs

Jun 11, 2020

Hello Ken, We apologize for the long hold times you may have experienced. Due to impacts of COVID-19, customers may experience longer than normal waits. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Morris Evans

June 2nd, 2020 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My air conditioning motor stop working on a hot Sunday. I called thinking I would have to wait a couple days, but they had a guy to come out the same day

Jun 03, 2020

Hello Morris, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Margaret

June 2nd, 2020 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I go very good service from this company.

Jun 02, 2020

Hello Margaret, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Linda

June 2nd, 2020 Upper Marlboro, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm paying monthly & still have to pay a fee for the service

Jun 02, 2020

Hello Linda, Thank you for the feedback. Service fees are only charged per occurrence and not a recurring fee. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

C

June 2nd, 2020 Kannapolis, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to use, fast service, professional, and reasonably priced

Jun 02, 2020

Hello C, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jenkins

June 2nd, 2020 Covington, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service is excellent, everything was smooth and quick, points taken away because I was guaranteed a rate for the life of my policy which went up 18 months later. I was told it was just the way of the world and I couldn't do anything about it....but they apologized

Jun 02, 2020

Hello Jenkins, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

franxes

June 2nd, 2020 Mobile, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

good service friendly treatment knowledgeable

Jun 02, 2020

Hello Franxes, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

C

May 27th, 2020 Kannapolis, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional, on time, completed the service

May 28, 2020

MLRB

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have three incidents happen in my home within a 30 day period. I called ARW to report my issue, and once I paid my co-payment, and a professional was sent out to my home (one of three co-payments I didn't pay, because it was relative to my last issue).

May 26, 2020

Hello MLRB, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Mrs. Alexander

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with them a number of years and they have not failed me yet. They are fair and they get the job done.

May 26, 2020

Hello Mrs.Alexander, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Barbara Laster

May 19th, 2020 Lake Charles, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is nothing I dislike about ARHW. The service I receive from them has been fair, considerate, and pleasant. They are an excellent company to work with. they are prompt with finding someone to help me with my problem and they also work with me if I can find someone in my area that can get to me sooner than they can. They will also reimburse me if I have to pay out-of-pocket. Thank You so much.

May 21, 2020

Hello Barbara Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Denise

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One call is call it take and they start be the warranty

May 19, 2020

Hello Denise, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Edna Mccall

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very Professional,courteous. Repair person called next day and made temp.repairs until part arrived.

May 19, 2020

Hello Edna, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Amelia Spooner

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional and knowledgeble repair service men

May 19, 2020

Hello Amelia, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Arletha Taylor

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service was swift. I received next day assistance for an electrical outage the required the technician to rewire my home.

May 19, 2020

Hello Arletha, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

David...Ewa Beach Hawaii

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very easy to deal with. Most repairs covered

Everardo Fuentez

May 18th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast service operators doing the jobs and getting the tags out there in time

May 19, 2020

Hello Everardo, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty