Vector Security

Vector Security Logo

Vector Security

Full lifetime warranty, many equipment and automation features

Vector Security has been offering security solutions for over 40 years. The company offers professional installation for its security systems, which are monitored 24/7 by the alarm company and its trained team. Vector Security offers its basic package starting at $39.95 per month. Equipment costs may vary depending on home automation or other security equipment added to the package. The Vector Security team has won several awards such as the central station operator of the year award from SDM Magazine, Dealer of the Year award from SDM Magazine, Police Dispatch Quality award and more. Vector Security provides home security systems for more than 300,000 customers.

#1 Protect America Logo Protect America ›

9.7

Overall
Score

#2 Frontpoint Logo Frontpoint ›

9.3

Overall
Score

#3 Guardian Protection Logo Guardian Protection ›

9.2

Overall
Score

#26 Vector Security Logo Vector Security ›

3.1

Overall
Score

The Good

• Lifetime Warranty of Service Repairs and Equipment Replacements
  • Offers Home Automation and Security Features
  • Professional Monitoring and Installation
  • Live Video Surveillance
  • 12-Point False Alarm Reduction
  • Alarm Monitoring for Homes and Businesses
  • No Activation Fee

Lifetime Warranty of Service Repairs and Equipment Replacements

One of the most appealing aspects of Vector Security's service is its SecureCare warranty included in even the most basic security package. Its warranty covers equipment replacement and service repairs in the event equipment is broken at no additional cost to the client. Consumers can also opt for the SecureCare Plus package that includes the lifetime warranty as well as free system inspections every two years, free battery replacement services, and a free system installation at a new residence if the client should move.

Offers Home Automation and Security Features

Along with the impressive warranty, Vector Security offers several security and home automation features. Consumers can purchase home alarm monitoring that has a burglar alarm, a fire alarm, a carbon monoxide alarm, a medical emergency response, and other home automation features.

Professional Monitoring and Installation

Vector Security professionally installs and monitors its equipment from Vector Security monitoring centers.

Live Video Surveillance

Vector Security offers live video surveillance. The provided security camera system gives you peace of mind by allowing you to access real-time video at any time through the use of your mobile phone, computer, or tablet. You can also receive real-time alerts letting you know when someone is at your door and has triggered any of the motion detectors. You aren't limited to one camera at a time either; you can access camera footage from multiple security cameras at once. Additionally, you can store the video footage to your cloud storage to access later. Remote access also enables you to turn each camera on and off from anywhere.

12-Point False Alarm Reduction

Vector Security Company has a 12-point false alarm reduction to reduce the sacrifice of valuable time and resources in non-emergency situations. Vector reduces false alarms through the use of technology such as abort delay and electronic verification. This way, authorities won't be bothered with false alarms, and they will be aware when an emergency is real and requires immediate help.

Alarm Monitoring Service for Homes and Businesses

Vector Security company provides professional monitoring and security systems for homes as well as all types of businesses, regardless of if there is one business location or thousands.

Here is a breakdown of what type of home security system and monitoring service Vector Security offers homes and businesses:

Home Security Solutions

• Monitored carbon monoxide, fire, and burglar alarm
  • Home automation
  • Video surveillance
  • Mobile solutions
  • Personal emergency response
  • Energy management
  • Environmental hazard monitoring
  • Home technologies

Business Security Solutions

• Monitored burglar, fire and carbon monoxide alarms
  • Video surveillance
  • Managed network services
  • Mobile solutions
  • Energy management
  • Access control
  • Environmental hazard monitoring
  • Loss prevention strategies

No Activation Fee

Vector Security does not charge an activation fee for its home security system and monitoring service. Many other home security companies in the industry charge hefty activation fees, so it's convenient for consumers that Vector Security doesn't charge an additional fee.

The Bad

• Not a National Service
  • Poor Online Transparency
  • Higher Monthly Cost
  • Poor Customer Service Reviews

Not a National Service

While Vector Security does provide services in several states, it is not a nationwide service. Currently, Vector Security provides services to residents of Delaware, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Virginia. Consumers located outside of Vector Security's service areas will not be able to retain its services.

Poor Online Transparency

There are several pieces of information that are not readily available to consumers on its website. Specific pricing and package information beyond the most basic Vector home security package cost, cost of equipment, and contract details are not included on its website unless consumers provide contact information or speak directly with a Vector Representative. Some consumers may be frustrated by the lack of upfront transparency with this information.

Higher Monthly Cost

The most basic Vector Security pricing starts at $39.95 per month. The $39.95 price tag is higher than several of the other home security companies we have reviewed and will most likely be higher than that depending on other equipment or home automation features added to the package.

Poor Customer Service Reviews

Several customers have complained about an inability of Vector Customer Service to respond to service issues by failing to return phone calls. Several customers also reported that attempting to cancel Vector Security services was made almost impossible by its customer service. It is concerning to sign any sort of contract with a company who may not deliver on the promises made during sign up.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Vector Security provides a lot of options as far as home security and automation features are concerned. Its lifetime warranty provides peace of mind and additional security throughout the lifetime of the home security system. Its higher price tag as well as limited locations it currently services may limit the number of consumers that will be eligible for its services. The poor customer service several consumers have experienced with the alarm company is also an area of concern for consumers. Read Vector Security reviews below to help with your decision and to find out more regarding consumers' experiences with Vector. We recommend looking into home security companies with a more positive customer service reputation for comparison to determine the company that will best meet your needs. Read Vector Home Security reviews below to help with your decision.

View Best Home Security Companies

Reviews from #1 Home Security Company

Protect America

DCH
October 11th, 2018 | Hampton, VA

Jenny was great. We recently had to move due to a threat to my home. My old setup wasn’t effective. After speaking to Jenny my wife and I started to brainstorm with her and she kept giving us options that were affordable and EXACTLY what we were looking for. Now can’t wait to get it in and installed. Rush ship it please 😄

Kelly Geels
September 17th, 2018 | Visalia, CA

Fast set up and great customer service, system works well. Love that equipment was free and no contracts! Perfect for our family

2.4

Nick Fowler
May 8th, 2019 Lyman, SC DETAILS

I've had vector for many many years and had no complaints at all until my wife and I decided to sign a new contract and get two cameras added to our alarm system. We had to sign a 5 year contract to get the cameras and everything it took 3 trips of them coming out to install them and 2 no call, no show then finally after weeks we got our cameras installed and it's been nothing but headaches since. Our cameras still dont work and they are saying there is nothing else they can do about it other then sell us different ones for about $500 dollars when these was supposed to be free with a 5 year contract that we are stuck with. Stay clear from vector and the company IHC that installs all their equipment. They are very unprofessional, the managers name through there is Stan and he is very rude. The managers names through vector is Clint W and Steve H, they will not return phone calls after we have been fighting about 2 month to get this fixed. Worst thing we have done is sign this contract vary upset an aggravated with this company,

Chris collins
April 3rd, 2019 Sunbury, OH DETAILS

Mansfield ohio branch installer my rather large residential system i have multiple buildings far enough apart that the standard residential system wouldnt cut it. Sales person did a good job explaining the system. Day of install, 2 techs for 8hr ea plus service manager running them some odds and ends and giving direction. So yeh, i got a big system! Doesnt include video either. Clean install, working well and easy to use app. $1600 install cost, $44 per month. Might have done better on the $ but not on the system. I knew this going in and im very comfy with what i have. Lifetime warranty. Canceling Brinks and pulling their pos system out has been a pain.

Francis fox
February 19th, 2019 Wilmington, NC DETAILS

The system is constantly not working. I wish I had read the fine print but I was swayed by the salesman that assured me I could cancel anytime. This I found out the hard way when I told them I wanted out. READ their fine print. Signing with vector is just like getting robbed, except there is no alarm. There are many more choices out there.

joe
December 30th, 2018 Haslet, TX DETAILS

The service that I received for the last 3 years was good, but their customer service is horrible. They make it almost impossible to cancel their service. They send you a cancelation email that looks like a first grader made it. Then you have to wait a week or so to see if they even received it. The customer service people are rude and very disrespectful.

John Logan
December 18th, 2018 Argyle, TX DETAILS

I signed up for service 5 years and 9 months ago. While the service was fine, it was expensive compared to others and they required me to pay for all of my own equipment up front. That would have been find but I found out after trying to cancel that the contract was for 5 years! That was not made obvious up front but ok, I signed it so I'll deal. I waited until after 5 years, then tried asking for a discount since they were more expensive than their competitors. Vector said they couldn't reduce my price at all so I decided to buy a Ring system (which is only $10 a month). Then I call them back to cancel at 5 years and 9 months at which point I am notified of yet another thing hidden in my contract that says I auto renew for 1 year intervals after the 5 years. In addition to that they suddenly had discounts they could offer me (that didn't exist when I had previously asked). So I asked if they could waive the fee for the remaining 3 months of the "auto renewal" I was unaware of and they refused. So a loyal customer for almost 6 years has to pay for another 3 months of service. I will NEVER use this company with their deceptive contract methods again. Deceptive fine print without any intention of helping a long term customer is a bad business practice.

Max Maurer
August 9th, 2018 Summerville, SC DETAILS

Vector Security is by far the best. I was shocked when i recommended it to a friend and they said it had poor reviews. I decided to inform people that Vector Security, is not the problem in most cases. Its the local dealer. Im from South Carolina and used to be serviced by AVSX, they were great for a while but somethings happened, now I am serviced by ASI Solutions and they are a million times better. most of the reviews on here are because of shady salesman and people not learning what they need to. In South Carolina, ASI Solutions is the best. great salesmen, better service and peace of mind. Times have really turned around for this company it seems.

David B Panell
June 12th, 2018 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

Best cameras an automation app available. Cyber secure system. Warranty rocks! Awesome response time!

Kay Kimble
April 23rd, 2018 Lufkin, TX DETAILS

I signed contract 36 months, he added 60. Next to it. After I signed it. He folded it up,then put it away with other paperwork. I didn't look at what he had done until, I received additional paperwork and billing in mail. But my niece notice his adding item to legal contract after I had signed it. The representative that contacted me stated my contract was invalid, offer me another contract. I refused to verbal agreement. But they have continued to steal money from my bank account. I caneled even in writing, and the representative said contract was invalid. But they still haven't stopped taking my money from the bank. I'm currently talking to attorney about falsified documents, bank scams.

Paul Seeberg
April 3rd, 2018 Marion, MA DETAILS

My first experience with an alarm company. It was easy to tell when the salesman was lying.. his lips moved! Promised many things - that I would own the equipment and would have full control. never happened. Alarm panel was locked out, could not enter programming mode even after my contract was up. Different sensors were installed than were shown to us in the sales pitch. Promised false alarm cost if the system went off and police were called. Got a $150 bill due to false alarms from the police due to sensors not being installed properly. Installer was shockingly rude when installing the system. Existing sensors were supposed to be moved to the new panel. Wasn't done. Had to make another appointment to finish the installation. When my contract was up, and the service cancelled, the panel was never unlocked. still locked to this day. They did replace the backup battery under warranty, however.

Virginia Dancy
March 12th, 2018 Greensboro, NC DETAILS

I called customer service on January 5, because I was locked out of my house, as I always walk my puppy before turning in for the night and usually close my door by the keypad, and upon my return I was unable to enter my house using my pass code or the key to enter, however, I never walk without my cell phone and was able to call vector security for help. My first encounter was they were unable to locate my account in the system, after several minutes a supervisor was able to locate my account and I was told I would get a call back from service department which I did. He asked if I had change the battery I said no as the key pad was only a few months old, also I was not aware it needed batteries, and inquired as to where will I find them, he gave me instruction and after a few minutes of looking and could not locate the batteries, I called back and said it was not the batteries and I needed someone to come and let me in my house. I was told he had to place a work order and someone would contact me in the morning. I realized it was Friday night and most people was home looking forward to the weekend so I walk to my friend house and stayed the night. However, on Saturday morning I was told the truth, that Vector Security had no Emergency Service for Greensboro on weekend and I was informed no one was available until the following Thursday, I found that to be unbelievable and I hung up to digest what I had heard, I'm to stay out of my house for the next six days. I called back and inquired again about service and was told the earliest someone could get to me was Thursday, January 11, and if I needed a lock smith it would be at my expense, I reminded her I was paying Vector Security $53.95 a month and now I was to pay additional for service because this company sell security to an area they do not cover with emergency services. I told here this void any contract I have with vector security if I had to pay my own emergency services, then I will be keeping my $53.95 monthly payment to cover Emergency service. However, I decided to recheck again to recheck this information with someone in management and spoke to a very arrogant female and presented to her what was told to me, I told her I had the lock remove from my door as I did not want to be locked in my home in case of a fire, she said there must be another way out, I said yes through the kitchen to the garage, but what if the fire was in the kitchen, she said you'll find a way, you could always jump out the window. I told her I'm 74 years old and I will not be paying no company $53.95 a month with that kind of a solution and as far as I'm concern the contract is over and they need to pick up their equipment immediately. Alarm System is not being used and keypad is boxed for pickup.

Mary Lee
January 24th, 2018 Skipperville, AL DETAILS

$100 down $49.99 a month. Repair of equipment is free. Outside light camera extra. Prompt response on service locally. Long contracts.

Les Sweigart
December 5th, 2017 Columbia, SC DETAILS

I have been with this company for more than five years and have never experienced a problem....the times I have set the alarm off accidently they responded immediately and after giving my pass code all was in order. Also, they have been very helpful when I was having new doors installed to make sure the system was still working when all work was completed. I have no reason not to continue with this company and give it high recommendations to anyone who asks.

betsy
November 1st, 2017 McLean, VA DETAILS

horrible service. On hold for 30 minutes or longer every time I call Customer Service. Scheduled them for service they called to confirm the day before and then never showed up said I was not scheduled. Needed an additional camera installed. The technician put one on the table and walked off. I called him back because I wanted it installed on the wall and he said he could not do it. The third time thetechncian came to fix the cameras, all of which had stopped working, said he dd not have time to fix and would call back with an appointment date. A month later received no call. Finally got through today after a 30 minute hold of course.

Ron Cecconi
October 20th, 2017 Herndon, VA

We've had this service for 13 years now without any flaws. Anytime we forgot the alarm was set and accidentally opened a window or door the alarm triggered immediately and within 1-3 minutes we received a call inquiring about the alarm. My only beef is the technology is old and no one from the company has ever tried to contact us about available upgrades.

Yawanda Smith
October 6th, 2017

This system is so outdated yet customer service refuse to give their customers a free upgrade to keep a customer of 3 years

Keith Wilkins
September 29th, 2017

I don't believe the negative post about AVSX on here. If you people would just read the terms and conditions they tell you everything in plain English. I had my system for 3 years and everything was covered with the lifetime warranty. I called they 2 times and they responded by installing a new door lock a crook tried to mess with and a camera that was hit by a baseball. We sold and moved and sure they will try and keep you as a customer they ALL DO! Once I followed the cancellation procedure they asked me to follow I was done with the service but I had them install even a better system in our new home..

LStreets
September 25th, 2017

(1) Beware if you cancel service as we did...Vector may try to bill you for a contract of longer length or different timeframe than you originally signed. We moved to a home with an existing system, and Vector said we owed 36 additional months for its monitoring. We had completed five years of service! Despite our request, and the fact that the rep with whom we spoke assured us our contract had been completed, Vector would not furnish us with a copy to support the claim of how much we still owed! Also, we could never get a call-back when we tried to call the CS Dept.

LARRY HALL
September 14th, 2017 Apopka, FL

Vector Security bought out our local monitoring service. Wife was recovering from cancer/chemo at the time. Salesman rang door bell and told wife needed her to sign a contract "just to change the service." Sold our house two years later. Vector now says wife signed a 3 year contract and we owe another year for $500. Refused to cancel service even though new home owner (at our suggestion) continued service with Vector. We have refused payment and Vector sent account to a collection agency. STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU NEVER USE THIS COMPANY.

Janice
September 5th, 2017

Have had no alarm for over a month and needed the emergency call button after having chemo. I developed an infection that became septic. I had a fever of 104.8 from Thursday until Saturday afternoon and was in bed with no help until my daughter came over to find me almost non responsive and burning up. The alarm beeped non stop until it drove me crazy and a friend took the control panel off the wall to disconnect the wires. First time the low battery kept reminding my every few minutes was just a couple of years ago and it took more than 8 weeks to get anyone here to replace the battery. This time I can't get any help from anyone on the phone because they transfer the call and drop it and I've gotten no calls back about sending anyone over to replace the battery. If it was just a matter of normal batteries I would change them myself. No alarm, no smoke detector, NOTHING. No service.

Molly Richardson
August 28th, 2017 Mandeville, LA

Vector does not respond to my alarm. Once, they did not respond at all, and once they responded after 15 minutes, during which time my across- the-street neighbor had already gotten here to check on me. I hired Vector to feel I was being protected from a home invasion, but Vector does not give me any feeling of security.

Rory Williamson
August 14th, 2017 Newton, NC

Do not use Vector They will automatically renew your contract for one year at a time and will not let you out of it. They will not maintain there equipment during this time and that expense will be on you.. Just beware this is the type of business that they run....

James McIntyre
August 14th, 2017 Mathews, VA

Always there when i needed them . Very professional installation and Service . Always happy to answer questions and provide you with the excellent service you expect . I have used them for 22 years and are great people to wrk with . I have recommended them to many of my friends and they are as pleased as I am .

Jan Chapel
August 10th, 2017

I have been using security company services for close to 15 years now. I started out with Brinks, who hard wired my older home from one end to the other. I paid a lot extra to have features that most people did not have, including the then "state of the art" wireless radio technology. That extra service, which was much faster than using the wired-in phone lines; also operated to call the police and fire department even if your phone lines were cut, or out of service. I was very happy with Brinks, until about nine years later they decided to get out of the home and commercial building security business. They sold off that part of their business and formed "Broadview Security Company". That business only lasted one year and was then sold to ADT Security Company. Nothing seemed to change initially after the transfer; except that I finally realized my alarm monitoring service was about "nil"! I even experimented with my alarm, and sometimes let the alarm continue to sound for about 30 minutes!! All that happened was that ADT would call my home phone and leave a message saying: "If you are experiencing difficulties, please call us back at this number". WOW!! I am paying close to $50.00 a month for monitoring services; and this is what I get?? In my opinion, that type of service is a complete "Joke"!! I then became a victim of a "Fly By Night" company {whom I will not identify} who was operating illegally in my home state of Alabama. This led me to try out a company very close to where I live, which was "Vector". These people were an absolute "Godsend" and even helped me file a complaint with the state about this company's nefarious activities and scams that they were perpetrating on their victims. Vector is absolutely the very best company to use for home or business security! As part of their service, they even updated my old fashioned key pads to "touch screen", and even added more equipment such as wireless "glass breaks" & much better wireless smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. They did all of this without requiring me to sign a long term contract {which often contains penalty clauses} for early cancelation. On top of that, I am now paying "LESS" per month than I have paid before! Needless to say, I very highly recommend this company!

Chipl White
June 19th, 2017 Lexington, NC

They LIE almost every time you call about something. I have been trying to get my service cancelled after paying these horrendous fees for 6, yes, that's right, SIX years. I was told by 2 different people to just call in June prior to my contract ending in July. Did that and THAT wouldn't work. I explained to them that I an on ss disability due to congestive heart failure, COPD and 5 mini strokes. Do you THINK that would help me.......NO! This HEARTLESS group does not need to be in business....and it did make me feel a little better to see their bad overall score. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Penny Rinaldi
June 16th, 2017 Poughkeepsie, NY

We have been with Hammond Security, bought out by Vector since about 1995. We have had excellent service by both companies and have upgraded with Vector to include Fire also. They have been prompt when an issue arises and have been courteous when it is our istake. I would recommend them as a security Company. They also alerted us that there are people posing as Vector Security and not to let any one enter out home with out having an appt first and having Vector ID on them

Roger Rule
March 21st, 2017 Myrtle Beach, SC

Vector Security has always been there for me and my family. They have our protection in mind and have some really great home automation solutions to boot! I really like the Vector Security App, soo convenient. I would recommend their services to everyone.