SimpliSafe Logo

SimpliSafe

5.1

SimpliSafe is a do-it-yourself security provider that offers basic security features, including burglary alarms, fire detectors, carbon monoxide sensors, freeze sensors, and flood sensors. SimpliSafe equipment can be ordered online and is customer-owned after purchase, with packages ranging from $229 to $489. SimpliSafe offers one of the lowest monthly monitoring fees in the industry, with monthly fees starting at $14.99 per month. The company uses cellular signal monitoring through COPS Monitoring Service, a CSAA-certified central monitoring station. SimpliSafe is one of the only home security providers that does not attach a contract to any of its equipment.

The Good

• Low Monthly Fees
  • Industry Innovations
  • No Contract or Moving Fees
  • 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • "Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices
  • 100% Wireless Equipment
  • Free and Easy Installation Process
  • Purchase Online

Low Monthly Fees

SimpliSafe's low monthly fees and absence of a contract are clear standouts in the security industry. The company's highest monitoring package ("Interactive") only comes in at $24.99, far below most professional security providers' most affordable option. The most typical monitoring package is priced at $14.99 per month.

Industry Innovations

Recently, more home security companies are hopping on the wagon of do-it-yourself systems, but SimpliSafe has been doing it for years. Recently, SimpliSafe has also redesigned its system to look more sleek and attractive. Sensors including motion detectors, window sensors, door sensors, security cameras, and even the wireless keypad control panel have gotten a makeover. You can also arm and disarm your alarm system through the SimpliSafe app on your mobile phone, along with view Simplisafe camera footage.

No Contract or Moving Fees

Something truly remarkable about SimpliSafe's price structure is that it does not attach contracts to its equipment; all customers pay on a month-to-month basis and can cancel at any time without penalty. Basically, no long-term contracts, unlike most home security companies. Moving your alarm system is simple and easy.

60-Day Money-Back Guarantee

In addition, SimpliSafe customers have 60 days to try out equipment and if unsatisfied, can return it to SimpliSafe for a full refund plus return shipping costs. As 30 days is considered a great guarantee in this industry, a 60-day guarantee truly stands out.

"Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices

For an added layer of safety, the "brain" of SimpliSafe's system is located in a device separate from the keypad. If burglars destroy the beeping keypad, the brain will quietly alert the monitoring center.

100% Wireless Equipment

Because the SimpliSafe system is 100 percent wireless, no hard wiring or drilling is required. This is an appealing feature for renters and apartment owners, and also contributes to the aforementioned lack of moving fees. Equipment is as follows:

• Wireless keypad
  • Window sensors
  • Panic button
  • Freeze sensors

Free and Easy Installation Process

The free and easy installation process can also be completed without assistance and, in most cases, takes less than 15 minutes. Once the system and sensors are in a place, an alarm will sound whenever the control panel is armed and sensors detect burglars breaking in.

Purchase Online

SimpliSafe's equipment and monitoring services can be purchased on its website, eliminating the need to interact with often-pushy security salesmen.

The Bad

• Upfront Equipment Costs
  • Basic Security Equipment
  • Three-Year Warranty

Upfront Equipment Costs

As with most do-it-yourself solutions, SimpliSafe requires consumers to buy equipment upfront. This can cost anywhere from $229 to $489. Fortunately, SimpliSafe offers five package options to fit a variety of budgets and needs. Also important to note: you own this equipment forever after purchasing. Regardless, this price amounts to years of monitoring service from other top-rated alarm companies.

Basic Security Equipment

SimpliSafe equipment is extremely basic in both looks and functionality. The company doesn't offer touchscreen equipment or basic home automation services such as remote door locks, smart lighting/appliances, smart temperature control, and so on. However, video surveillance is available but requires a WiFi connection. Despite SimpliSafe's sleek new design and mobile app interface, the company needs to catch up to home automation trends, not just freeze sensors and motion detectors.

Three-Year Warranty

With SimpliSafe, you're getting basic, no-bells-and-whistles security equipment. And it's all covered with a three-year warranty, as opposed to the lifetime warranty many other providers offer. Most security systems from other companies will offer a lifetime warranty, so it's unfortunate to see SimpliSafe limiting their security systems to only three years.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

If you're looking for a basic do-it-yourself security option for a reasonable price, SimpliSafe is a viable option. And if you're a renter who doesn't want to hardwire a security system or pay a fee each time you move, SimpliSafe is a solid solution. But if you're looking for cutting-edge technology and want to turn your house into a "smart home," SimpliSafe is not the answer. There are plenty of other alarm companies who offer those services but expect them with higher prices and strict long-term contracts. Read Simplisafe reviews below before making your final decision.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.5

Labor Relations Keyser, WV

We had ADT and Brinks for years and hated them. We have had SimpliSafe for 3 years in both our houses now. It gets the job done well and the monitoring charge is a lot less then other companies. The monitoring staff call immediately if we trip the alarms. No problems with equipment. We recommend them based on our experience w/the company.

Oscar Brea, CA

Have not have any issues concerning equipment or it's service. I recently started using the service this month. I had put it off hold for over a year, because of the COVID response to stay home. When I finally set it up, I called the operator and went step by step how to set up my alarm system with no qualms or problems. Need more employees to fill in to less call waiting and a stronger customer repose time.

Rodger Pelton Altamonte Springs, FL

I had the simplisafe original system and the co sensor went bad . I called simplisafe customer service ( which is to notch ) and they informed me that they no longer made a CO sensor for that system , and they would replace my entire system with their new system . I had a very extensive system , including 11 entry sensors , smoke and CO sensors , 4 water sensors , 2 keypads , 2 key fobs , 3 motion sensors , 3 glass break sensors , a camera , a control tower ( overall the system cost over $ 1000.00 ) and simplisafe SAFE replaced it all for free . But the way simplisafe alarm response is second to none . I highly recommend simplisafe . If you are looking for a wireless alarm system you can install your self don't be afraid to buy from simplisafe

V K Los Gatos, CA

I have an older version of the Simplisafe system (from 2016). The software that came with it is not runnable on any modern OS, so the whole system became useless. Instead of having an upgrade for the software (which would be a relatively cheap investment), the company proposed upgrading the whole system. Don't use this service!

Steven Harder Coos Bay, OR

I've purchased components from Costco, e-Bay, and Amazon, as well as the system from SimpliSafe. They've replaced ALL non-working SimpliSafe components without cost, quickly and easily. TS and CS have been great to work with. Contrary to original review, it does tie into SmartHome through Alexa for arming from any where. SimpliSafe app will also allow you full control from you cellphone from anywhere.

jax jam Jacksonville, FL

I am a single woman & wanted my condo to have a security system. After significant research of all local alarm companies, I chose SimpliSafe for many reasons, including that several friends have used SimpliSafe for years & are all very happy with the system. I did the complete instillation myself with 1 call to customer service for a question (they were terrific). I’ve had the original system for over 4 years & I am so pleased with it that I am going to order the new upgraded system this month. As a single woman, especially in today’s world, home security is of great importance to me & I take it very seriously. With SimpliSafe I can go to sleep at night knowing that my home is secure. I also use their 24/7 monitoring service & they have responded within seconds the few times I’ve purposely tripped my alarm to test the response time. I am more than satisfied with my security system that SimpliSafe provides.

Budgetfriendly Spotsylvania, VA

Great customer service the whole time I had SimpliSafe. Easy to install. Easy to use and it helps you keep your family safe. Overall I think it’s a great product to have in any home.

Rose Garcia San Antonio, TX

I have been using simply safe for two years. They respond very quickly when that alarm goes off. We have had no problems, very pleased with their service. We recommend simply safe.

Katherine Kliebe Dallas, TX

I have had SimpliSafe since Dec 2019. I didn't have any problems until about end of February 2020 I started being woken up by hearing people talk. I have called if this could be hacked into and they said no. I am wondering if I am on someones frequency because I have heard people talking still and called in and told them that. I enjoy the system otherwise and am a single woman.

Mel Thacker Dalton, GA

Friendly and caring ppl! I have no shame with saying that they are my right hand! My alarm has went off a few times! And let me tell you something, they are on it! They are in touch with you in less than a minute. I've put my 8 yr old son's and myself safety in the palm of their hands! I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart, after having severe problems! I can now sleep at night. I do suggest Ring with them if you are experiencing severe problems as unfortunately some of us have! I'm uncertain about the remarks about when you call with problems because I've had 1 tech help me for over an hour. It wasn't strictly business! It was if we known each other for years. I do not know one employee personally so I have no reason in giving a false statement. Call and give them a chance! I promise you will not regret it! It is a wonderful feeling for a single mother to feel safe. Thank you Simple Safe! And I must not forget Ring!!! This combo is affordable and it rocks at my house! Bless you all

Greg in Houston

Reading the reviews, sometimes I wonder if people are reviewing Simplisafe. I just bought a second system, because I am moving my 5 year old system to a rent house. The new system has worked flawlessly with our ATT WiFi and was super-easy to set up. Our ground floor is about 3,000 sq ft, and have had no connectivity issues. Camera works as advertised. With their current sale, the price is substantially less than FrontPoint. I never have had one false alarm, on the old system or new system. When I have had an alarm (which were always due to mistakes on our part), I received a call immediately from monitoring service. I rated them a "five," even though I agree that sometimes the hold times are too long.

Woo Lake Forest, CA

First, Simplisafe is DIY(?)-like set-up system with the good phone customer support. If you're not used to putting some stuff/gadgets by yourself, then It will be a bit annoying. But it's so easy if you are following instruction. For me, personally this system worked so perfect. I don't like making appointments, waiting for technicians, people coming into my house and doing all stuff. And no contract, just monthly!!! I was looking for security company for my new home. I tried ADT first time but their sales representatives were all so aggressive, rushing and really forcing me to buy their plan. I don't like their contract period, the price for plan and so on. Even though I said to them I don't like ADT plan but they are so persistent, S~O~ hard to hang up on them. Anyhow, then I found Simplisafe through my research. I'm so 100% satisfied with them. They don't force you or give any pressure, but explain everything to all my questions. I got delivered all gadgets(sensors I ordered, fob key, etc.). But I couldn't set up right away - it took for a while (very busy and lazy... actually almost 3-4 mos, had the products in March and set up in July) for me to set up and call them to activate my alarms/sensors and plan. I called them to check my set up and activate my plan. Taphen(I'm not sure I got his name) was so patient and helped me go through all my set up. Also Simplisafe didn't forget me to give me the 1st month trial. I just love the Simplisafe and am glad to choose it.

Carlyn Desert Hot Springs, CA

SimpliSafe was easy to install. This is my alarm company for life now. I’ve had no problems with this system. The cameras were a little tricky to set up, but I was able to accomplish the task. I haven’t experienced false alarms and my pets wandering throughout my home doesn’t set the alarm off. The doorbell is an awesome feature. The few times I’ve spoken to the customer support center the staff is professional and respectful. I’ve only been called once from the dispatch center due to me accidentally pushing the test button on the smoke alarm. The response was amazingly fast. I suspect the bad reviews on this site are due more to user error rather then system errors.

Kay Lick Belmont, CA

I like the motion sensors, cameras, and cellular system (cellular is included in the $24.99 price per month). ADT and other systems are twice as much and requires contracts. You own the equipment for a very low cost. Phone app can let anyone you want in house....no need to give out codes. The motion sensors can be adjusted for sensitivity. The camera was a little difficult to get set up but I was able to do it without assistance. And, it monitors whenever a sensor a sensor is set off and alerts you as well. If you don't like spending more than $300/year on contracted safety systems, I would highly recommend Simplisafe. The only thing I would change is to have several phone numbers that you can call rather than just two before calling police. But, in some ways, if you don't get through after two numbers, maybe it is time to call police. We have not had the endless false alarms that we had with ADT.

Rick Stevenson Salt Lake City, UT

We were given a Simplisafe system as a house warming gift. We had been Protection One (now ADT) customers for over 21 years, but ADT refuses to honor Protection One's agreement to move your system components to your new home free of charge, so we left the system with the old home. The Simplisafe installation was a breeze using the easy to follow instructions. The fact that you can add devices a la carte, and easily install them yourself is a great benefit. The 2 times I used their customer service proved extremely helpful. Benjamin and Dominic answered my questions in a patient and professional manner, and the issues I had were resolved quickly. I suspect that the issues raised in the bad reviews on this site may be do to operator error, as I've experienced none of those issues. The system comes with a good guarantee -buy it, and see for yourself.

StarDog2 Springfield, IL

I'm pretty happy with SimpliSafe3 overall. I bought my system after our house was invaded while we were asleep. Yes there is an upfront cost for equipment, but that monthly fee is much lower than the competition. And if you don't want any monitoring, just an alarm system, that's ok with them. We had some trouble with our cat setting off the motion detectors, but the customer service was first rate and the User's forum was also good in helping figure out my motion detector's placement. A key fob was included in the package I bought, but we bought an extra one so my wife and I could each have one. We stopped using them, we found them much to easy to accidentally arm the system. We upgraded to the phone monitoring and we now use our smartphones to arm/disarm remotely. The key fob is useful if you have someone housesitting, but I would not spend anything for an extra one.

dean New Paris, OH

They offer a Verizon card if the T-Mobile one doesn't have a good signal. We have had a system for about three years and are completely satisfied. We have never had a problem that wasn't solved (thus the knowledge of the Verizon card). Have had quick response when needed. What some people need to realize is that customer service representatives aren't always able to stop dealing with other customers to answer their call. Maybe I've had to wait but they have always addressed and fixed every situation we've had. EVERY time we've had an alarm, the alarm center has responded within SECONDS!! To me, THAT is what counts, not how quick customer service is. Would get another system in a heartbeat

LARRY GOOCH Memphis, TN

I have had alarm systems installed in my homes, rental properties and my office for forty years. I have used probably four different companies. Then a couple of years ago a local news station did a piece on a local alarm company and Simplisafe where a lady had a break in with another national company and the slow response where the crooks got away and then she found out about Simplisafe and decided to try them. Weeks after her self installation she had another break in and the police caught them because of the quick response on their monitoring. My alarm was giving us some problems so I decided to try Simplisafe, They gave me a nice trail period to return for a refund so it was a no brainer. We installed the system ourselves and have nothing but good things to say about them. Have accidentally caused false alarms three or four times and it amazes me at how fast they respond (seconds). Did have a detector malfunction and they replaced it immediately. Also if you should have a piece of your system go bad it does not affect the other components from operating. I highly recommend to any of my friends and family. I also want to say that I never take the time to write reviews on companies, but this system and their friendly helpful staff I feel deserves this review. Hope it helps!

Jim Johnson Chaska, MN

Having spent a career in both engineering and marketing, I have to give SimpliSafe five stars in both. The simplicity, ease of installation and trouble free operation satisfies the engineering and the focus on reliability and economy without contracts and hidden charges speaks to insightful marketing. My experience in the business world has taught me the cause of negative testimonials is usually due to two reasons. One, the individual has a conflicting interest in a competitor or two, he is not adequately skilled to park a bicycle straight. I have had my SS system for three years and could not be more satisfied.

Michael McCaffrey Canton, OH

I bought a SimpliSafe packaged system three months ago and installed it myself with absolutely no problems. I bought our system online directly from SimpliSafe. It was easy to select what we needed. The price was very affordable and everything is working great. We were especially worried about motion detectors being kicked off by our Lab-Shepherd, but the instructions from SimpliSafe explained how to install the detectors to avoid pet-initiated false alarms and all is good. We actually were so impressed with how well our door, window, motion and glass break sensors worked that we decided to add their full time fire detection sensors. So we are now earning a 15% discount on our homeowners insurance. Hurray! I cannot stress to much how easy it is to set up the system, add sensors and configure the whole system. Some of our entry alarms are instant-on... some have small delays to allow us to get to the panel when we return home. We have complete control. Plus the techs and folks who monitor our system have been completely professional and extremely polite on the phone. Did I mention the low monthly monitoring fee of $14.99? And no contract is needed at all. We love our SimpliSafe system. And best of all... we love our newfound feeling of security.

Robert Moredock Las Vegas, NV

The product is 100% wireless; a big plus. Customer service is beyond awesome. Have had a remote keyfob become intermitttent when it was 2 years old. It was replaced free--instantly & with no questions. Base communicates with alarm svc by means of cell phone svc. Local cell provider took down a nearby cell and the system was losing cell signal and the base notified us of that. Siomply safe sent me a new module to switch to Verizon cell service, which solved the problem 100%. When alarm is triggered, I get phone call response in 8-10 seconds and email and sms alerts in about 15 to 18 seconds, sometimes sooner.

Stacy Britt

Having had security systems in our church for the last 16 years, SimpliSafe is by far the easiest to use and the most reliable. We get twice the protection at half the price. Installation was a snap, even with 7 doors, 3 motion detectors, 2 key pads, a siren, a glass breakage detector, and a smoke alarm, I had no trouble at all installing them. And I am thoroughly amazed at the response time from the monitoring company. I just can't say enough about it. This is so much better than our old company. Even through our power outage last week, it worked flawlessly. And the key chain remotes! They make using the system so much easier. All my trustees love the new system.

Greg Miller Augusta, GA

Very dependable. I usually set the storage house alarm occasionally. I get a call within a few seconds. Owned for five years with no problems. Customer has been great when I needed to call.

Ralph numank Los Angeles, CA

I've had the SimpliSafe first system for over five years and had no issues, the thing with my system is I didn't have my system monitored by SimpliSafe. I just used the system as a deterrent and got extra sirens in I did have a real break-in. I did have peace of mind and I did have smoke detectors hooked up to the system which was very loud and also the system notified me when someone opened any doors or windows, caught my son coming through the window after hours. I just upgraded to the new system from them and am using the same way that I used the system before. In other words, it's a stand-alone good system in my opinion.

Gracie Randolph, MA

We purchased our package a year ago. We are very satisfied with the product. It was easy to install and we were able to get to customer service very quickly. Maybe we were luckier than some people. Your Wi-Fi connection have to be very strong in order to install the system. Since we live in a split house, we have to purchase additional Wi-Fi devices, which we already had, so the signal was strong already. I am pleased with my decision. We also got it at a good time and a great price.

Desmond Flower Mound, TX

Setup is easy. They have special promotions for the equipment around holidays and offer a free indoor camera. By the time you compare the upfront costs of similar equipment with Frontpoint (whom I had for 10 years), the costs are not dissimilar. Frontpoint's equipment had issues. I've talked with Simplisafe customer service and had no issues with communication. Equipment works and I find the system easier than Fronpoint. The monthly cost of Simplisafe is less expensive. So far, so good.

Stephanie F Bakersfield, CA

Have had SimpliSafe now for about 5 years and have always had good customer service. My system is the original one and I’ve never had a problem with any of the components except of course to change batteries. I pay for monitoring and I have had them call immediately when the alarm is triggered to make sure of whether I need police or not. I am completely happy with this service. Five stars

Greg Fort Wayne, IN

We got our system a couple of weeks ago, only two live in the house I am in. It showed up in a nice little package and you knew exactly what it was. Started setting it up around 10 o'clock at night and finished by 11:30. I only have three problems with the system and one of them might not even be one. The first problem I did have was with the cameras, they tend to lose connection and will have to call costumer service, the other thing about them is personally I had a hard time setting them up, easily took the longest, it wouldn't read the QR code from my phone, but it did work eventually so maybe it was user error. The second problem I have with simplisafe is the "Pet friendly" motion sensor, we put it in our family room and without fail our 30 pound dog set it off, it should be rated to 50. So, we just moved it to the garage. The last problem (if that) I have is that we've set our alarm off a couple of times and it never went off for more than a minute, but I got a phone notification but no call, I don't know if it's supposed to go off for a minute first but it's something to look into. Other than those minor things I have had great service from the system, works every time and it is pretty sensitive, which for me is a good thing. The price seems very fair. The system was very easy to setup and left no holes, wires, or even adhesive (devices come off clean) on the walls. I would easily recommend this system to anyone who was looking. If you are looking for a "smart home" system, I'd stay away from simplisafe, however, it is simple, and that is perfect for me. If the problem with the cameras can get sorted out this will be a 5 star system.

chris murphy Ithaca, NY

Simplisafe has very fair pricing with no pricing games. Other companies may offer installed security systems at very low prices (prices below their cost) but they charge much higher prices each month for monitoring. Also, if you add components to other systems, their prices for individual sensors are much higher than Simplisafe. They hook you with a low price, and then stick it to you. Simplisafe charges a fair price for the components initially, and if you want to add anything later, you pay that same fair price. Other companies may offer a lifetime warranty versus Simplisafe's 3 year warranty, but you are actually paying for that lifetime warranty in higher monitoring charges every month. Another company might charge only $250 for a system comparable to what Simplisafe would charge $500 for, but the other company will charge $20 more each month until the end of time. After 13 months you come out ahead with Simplisafe. Say that after a year you want to add three glassbreak detectors. Simplisafe will charge about $105. Other companies will charge about $210. So between monitoring and a few extra sensors, after three years you've spent a total of $1145. With another company you would have spent about $1720. So your warranty has expired, big deal, even if every single component failed after3 years and 2 months, you would have saved enough with Simpisafe to throw it all out and buy everything new and still come out ahead of the competition. But it won't fail after 3 years. Most of the components will last many years beyond the 3 year warranty. You'll have to change batteries, but electronic devices with no moving parts that don't fail in the first 3 years are likely to last for many many years. I got my first Simplisafe system AFTER my vacation home was burglarized and vandalized. While the guy was out on bail, he tried to break in again, but the Simplisafe system scared him off after he got the door open. I had trouble with my furnace that nobody could seem to fix. I can't tell you how many tens of thousands of dollars of damage were prevented by that Simplisafe low temperature sensor. Don't leave your home without a security system! I can't imagine why they don;t offer natural gas/propane sensors and CO sensors. Home automation is cool and handy, but it's fine to leave that part of the market to the guys who charge the big bucks, but gas sensors and CO sensors can save a building or a life. I trust that they'll be adding those sensors in the future (and I'll be able to add them to my system at a very reasonable cost. Ok, I have one more beef with them. I'm now buying my third system. Who knows how many people bought systems based on my recommendations. But I still don't get a discount on my system.

FRANCISCO PEREZ Indio, CA

I HAVE THE LATEST SIMPLY SAFE SS3 SYSTEM ALONG WITH THE INDOOR CAMERA AND IT WORK FLAWLESS ALSO HAVE THE INTERACTIVE PLAN FOR MONITORING ANOTHER THING I LIKE IS THAT THEY USED C.O.P.S MONITORING IN WHICH THEY RESPOND RIGHT AWAY TO ALARMS AND ALSO THEY OFFER 6 DISPACTH CENTERS AROUND THE UNITED STATES PRICE WISE COMPARE TO ADT IS MUCH CHEAPER I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND SIMPLY SAFE TO WHO EVER WANTS AND ALARM SYSTEM FOR MY AREA IM USING THE VERIZON CELLULAR MODULE SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Mark Newport News, VA

This system may only have the "basic" security when it come to equipment, but the sensors, keypads, base station, and accessories are robust in build. And the system is very reliable! Not even to mention the customer service and support with a hart of gold! In my opinion, "SimplySafe" is, quite simply, the biggest bang for your buck when it come to affordable, portable home security.

Robert Bohaboy Manteca, CA

This system is exactly what I wanted. Easy to install, and low monthly monitoring. Don't need fancy touch screen system. Buttons work just fine. Only concern was with dog. SimplySafe says dogs under 30 lbs will not set off alarm. My dog is 16 lbs and he set it off. They recommend setting the sensors higher and turning them upside down. Did that but have not tested it with the dog yet. We will see.

john bruno

After years with a company that started with wired security systems and terrible numbers of false alarms, then partial wireless conversion and over $700 'monitoring fee' per year, the final insult was poor service and expensive repairs. Simplisafe does it all better. Easy to install for this 75 year old. Superb walk you through if you need it. Replaced a few parts that didn't work with no hassle. $24 a month.

Jim F. Burbank, CA

We've used SimpliSafe for over two years and are extremely satisfied. I'm surprised anyone can be displeased with customer service; aside for mild displeasure with not having representatives available on weekend, every single time I've called with questions, the representives have (without exception), been very courteous and knowledgeable, and worked through my question or issue to resolution. As to weekend problems, the monitoring company can handle "emergency" issues; simple questions can generally wait until weekdays.

Rebecca Kennedy Tijeras, NM

Customer for over 2 yrs. Simplisafe did for less than $500 what ADT was going to charge us $1500 for. Monthly monitoring is reasonable and the basic package is enough for us. I have always found customer service to be very helpful. Only two negatives for me. 1) The volume of the command station is too low. When you come in through the garage, you can barely hear the beeping to let you know the system is armed and needs to be turned off. If there were an external speaker, I'd buy it. 2) It is difficult to determine which sensor is open or in need of attention. Customer Services has helped me figure it out, but I wish it were easier. Those are the only things that keep this system from a 5 star rating.

robert paino Clifton, NJ

had the system for about 18 months and love it...super easy to install, even for a non-skilled person, works great.... when I accidently set off an alarm, human error, not the system,the monitoring station would call within a minute.... you can see that this systems rating of 18th, is not real life reality based on actual user feedback, which is between 4 and 5 stars the people who gave it a one star probably had a faulty part to start with.... I received a non functioning tower at first, got the replacement, and all is well....would not deduct a star for that

Dave Slowbe Westerville, OH

Overall, I like the system. My only problem is that I, like many others in my age group, I have trouble hearing, especially higher pitched sounds. So, when I enter my house, I simply CAN NOT hear the warning beeps of the system. I've talked with Simpli-Safe about offering an adjustable toner, so I can hear the warning beeps. No luck. I can hear the base-station comments fine. I wish the warning beeps were a lower pitch. If they ever offer such a feature on the entry keypad, I'll buy one, and then be able to give them a 5-Star Rating. The given pitch of the warning beeps, is set to be in the normal range of hearing, however, as you get older (millions of us are), we lose that hearing range. Heads UP Simpli-Safe. Either offer a tone control knob on the keypad, or run the warning beeps back through the base station.

Jan Lumberton, NC

I ordered a Simplisafe system before I bought my house and had it with me the morning we closed the deal. I went over on my lunch hour and installed the system, by myself. It was easy. I had an issue with two of the entry sensors not working, so I called customer service. In a matter of minutes, we had the issue solved; he had me take the battery out and put it right back in; the sensor worked. I'm very happy with it so far.

Curtis Thornton Duncan, OK

My family purchase the Simplisafe system 4+ years ago. If I ever move, they'll be the first call I make. I've had ADT and many of the others and thought them to be "ok", but certainly not worth the contract and extra expense. Simplisafe works without a land line, they are very friendly and knowledgeable when I've had questions. While the system I've got (again, it aint new) is not the sleekest looking item I've seen, it is functional and very reliable and reasonable priced. I would definitely use them again and refer Simplisafe.

Richard Salt Lake City, UT

I totally disagree with their rating. I've been a customer for over two years with two homes and the system is affordable and it is cost effective professional monitoring. A three year warranty for the components is more than sufficient. If the component turned out to be defective outside of the warranty it's cheap to replace. Why are they making a judgment for not having a touch screen? If you want a good, basic cost effective home alarm monitoring system then Simplisafe is for you. Simple and Safe!

Jan Porterfield Milton, FL

We installed Simplisafe several months ago anticipating an extended trip we were taking this summer. It has been great, and we have had numerous security systems in the 24 home we have owned. It was super simple to install, and we had great help from their customer service to do the install....operation is easy...push a button and the system tells you your status and if any of the system is down. When we went on our trip we knew we were covered and that we would be notified if there was a problem. The only problem we have had is the little key fob my husband carries with his keys in his pocket....twice the keys and the fob align right and the alarm button gets pushed by the keys...the first time we caught it in time to disarm, the second time we didn't and we had a knock at the door by 2 policemen, after explaining what happened it was fine and my husband is no longer allowed to carry the fob on his key ring. All in all, that was a very convencing test of the system and we are feeling even safer in our home now.

Gerald Gerard Saint Paul, MN

We have had our system for over 2 years and love it. Since we own it, we have complete flexibility in the configuration ... need another sensor? just order it. Want another smoke detector, just order it. Online status and configuration is awesome. Keep track of sensors, their battery status, etc. We're moving soon and can remove and reinstall the system in just a few hours. User comments about key fobs are valid. We usually don't use ours ... key pad works just fine.

Lin Cole

Have had my Simplisafe alarm for about a year. System was easy to buy, simple to set up and for a relatively low price protects my home. I rate the system about a 9.5 to 10.0. The only problem I have is getting the system alarm set. Often takes several times punching in numbers to set it. This system is well worth investing in for personal and asset safety

Victoria Odessa, MO

We purchased for our home in Fl. We live most of year in Mo. Love cost, install, we were broken into, they contacted us fast but took the police an hour to show up. It did what it was to do. It got them out!!! I recently see they now have an interior camera which I will be adding. I would love to see outside wireless camera. My only complaint is our home is outside city, wifi service is not as good as city. Our system only works near the front door. I have my keypad right on the half wall at the front door, with everythg else. Which it would be easy for theif to take the system with them, fortunaetly they took the tv, never explored the rest of the house. I want an outside camera, may have to add from another company.

Richard Wachowicz

The Simply Safe system gives so you many options from a very simple system, to a highly optioned system to meet your specifications. Their support team will help you through answering all of your questions. The cost of 24 hour monitoring s half the price of the other companies. You are able to completely configure response times, and add or delete components of your system very easily. I highly recommend their home security product.

Dave Carpenter Germantown, MD

We have had this system for a couple of years now. It works perfectly for our needs. Like that we can put it on HOME when we leave and leave the dogs there and the doors and windows are protected against entry, but the dogs can move around inside without setting off the alarm. It has always come through. Very quick response. We did add cameras from another source to supplement. The only problem we have had was my husband had the key fob in his pocket. He turned it on without being aware of it. We were out and driving, so he did not answer the call figuring we would see who called once we were parked. So...the company called our house. We had a dog sitter who did not answer our phone. Alarm continued to howl, police came..scared our poor sitter to dealth. All was ok..but we do not carry the fob with us anymore!

Kathryn Miller

This was extremely easy to install and so" simpli" easy to turn on and off. I like the fact that if we move we can take the system with us. It is a no frills system, but it serves its purpose and the price of the equipment and monthly monitoring fee are reasonable. This is our first home security monitoring service and I like that they have an initial 3 day "break in". It does take getting use to. Very happy with the purchase.

Philip Jones Kingsland, GA

Simple to install and easy to program. I bought refurb packages for both homes. Thinking about a third system for our RV. Best value for the money. I like the flexibility in activation and monitoring. I.E. I can activate monitoring on the RV when I am on the road with it or suspend monitoring on any property at any time. Monitored security systems on 3 properties for $45 a month with no long term contract cannot be beat. Customer service has been superb!

C A New Smyrna Beach, FL

Good: 1 - Online ordering makes products easy to obtain. 2 - Products are wireless, so they are very easy to install. 3 - Monthly monitoring prices are very reasonable. 4 - SimpliSafe does not require a contract. You purchase their equipment, install it, and they will monitor it for as long as you continue to pay the monthly monitoring fee. 5 - The no frills app is very easy to use. Bad: 1 - SimpliSafe does not have outdoor cameras. 2 - SimpliSafe products are proprietary. The company will not monitor any other smart home devices you may have. Its app will not integrate with smart home devices. 3 - If you need additional products later (e.g., that second keypad for the garage door), shipping charges for non-package orders are very high. 4 - The no frills app is, well, no frills. You can turn your system on and off, confirm your devices are working, and see motion recorded by your cameras. That's about it. 5 - (This one is the reason for the 2-star rating) Customer service is unresponsive. Calling for technical support gets you hold music for about 10 minutes, then the phone will ring once before disconnecting you. In other words, even if your patient through long hold times, my experience is that you won't get through to a person. They will respond to emails, but response times are long and responses aren't likely to be useful.

J Mark Eastwood Hammond, IN

We've had SimpliSafe for a couple of years now and are very pleased with their equipment and service. The other day armed the system and drove off. Within a block of my house, receive their call saying that I had an alarm. As it turns out, I had pressed the wrong button (the At Home rather than the Away button).