SimpliSafe is a do-it-yourself security provider that offers basic security features, including burglary alarms, fire detectors, carbon monoxide sensors, freeze sensors, and flood sensors. SimpliSafe equipment can be ordered online and is customer-owned after purchase, with packages ranging from $229 to $489. SimpliSafe offers one of the lowest monthly monitoring fees in the industry, with monthly fees starting at $14.99 per month. The company uses cellular signal monitoring through COPS Monitoring Service, a CSAA-certified central monitoring station. SimpliSafe is one of the only home security providers that does not attach a contract to any of its equipment.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
4.1
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Low Monthly Fees
  • Industry Innovations
  • No Contract or Moving Fees
  • 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • "Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices
  • 100% Wireless Equipment
  • Free and Easy Installation Process
  • Purchase Online

Low Monthly Fees

SimpliSafe's low monthly fees and absence of a contract are clear standouts in the security industry. The company's highest monitoring package ("Interactive") only comes in at $24.99, far below most professional security providers' most affordable option. The most typical monitoring package is priced at $14.99 per month.

Industry Innovations

Recently, more home security companies are hopping on the wagon of do-it-yourself systems, but SimpliSafe has been doing it for years. Recently, SimpliSafe has also redesigned its system to look more sleek and attractive. Sensors including motion detectors, window sensors, door sensors, security cameras, and even the wireless keypad control panel have gotten a makeover. You can also arm and disarm your alarm system through the SimpliSafe app on your mobile phone, along with view Simplisafe camera footage.

No Contract or Moving Fees

Something truly remarkable about SimpliSafe's price structure is that it does not attach contracts to its equipment; all customers pay on a month-to-month basis and can cancel at any time without penalty. Basically, no long-term contracts, unlike most home security companies. Moving your alarm system is simple and easy.

60-Day Money-Back Guarantee

In addition, SimpliSafe customers have 60 days to try out equipment and if unsatisfied, can return it to SimpliSafe for a full refund plus return shipping costs. As 30 days is considered a great guarantee in this industry, a 60-day guarantee truly stands out.

"Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices

For an added layer of safety, the "brain" of SimpliSafe's system is located in a device separate from the keypad. If burglars destroy the beeping keypad, the brain will quietly alert the monitoring center.

100% Wireless Equipment

Because the SimpliSafe system is 100 percent wireless, no hard wiring or drilling is required. This is an appealing feature for renters and apartment owners, and also contributes to the aforementioned lack of moving fees. Equipment is as follows:

• Wireless keypad
  • Window sensors
  • Panic button
  • Freeze sensors

Free and Easy Installation Process

The free and easy installation process can also be completed without assistance and, in most cases, takes less than 15 minutes. Once the system and sensors are in a place, an alarm will sound whenever the control panel is armed and sensors detect burglars breaking in.

Purchase Online

SimpliSafe's equipment and monitoring services can be purchased on its website, eliminating the need to interact with often-pushy security salesmen.

The Bad

• Upfront Equipment Costs
  • Basic Security Equipment
  • Three-Year Warranty

Upfront Equipment Costs

As with most do-it-yourself solutions, SimpliSafe requires consumers to buy equipment upfront. This can cost anywhere from $229 to $489. Fortunately, SimpliSafe offers five package options to fit a variety of budgets and needs. Also important to note: you own this equipment forever after purchasing. Regardless, this price amounts to years of monitoring service from other top-rated alarm companies.

Basic Security Equipment

SimpliSafe equipment is extremely basic in both looks and functionality. The company doesn't offer touchscreen equipment or basic home automation services such as remote door locks, smart lighting/appliances, smart temperature control, and so on. However, video surveillance is available but requires a WiFi connection. Despite SimpliSafe's sleek new design and mobile app interface, the company needs to catch up to home automation trends, not just freeze sensors and motion detectors.

Three-Year Warranty

With SimpliSafe, you're getting basic, no-bells-and-whistles security equipment. And it's all covered with a three-year warranty, as opposed to the lifetime warranty many other providers offer. Most security systems from other companies will offer a lifetime warranty, so it's unfortunate to see SimpliSafe limiting their security systems to only three years.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

If you're looking for a basic do-it-yourself security option for a reasonable price, SimpliSafe is a viable option. And if you're a renter who doesn't want to hardwire a security system or pay a fee each time you move, SimpliSafe is a solid solution. But if you're looking for cutting-edge technology and want to turn your house into a "smart home," SimpliSafe is not the answer. There are plenty of other alarm companies who offer those services but expect them with higher prices and strict long-term contracts. Read Simplisafe reviews below before making your final decision.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.5

Tom Hobbs

August 5th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is abysmal. Emails and phone calls are not returned. Refunds take forever to obtain. This is not a responsive company. I did not feel valued as a customer.

D

July 18th, 2020 Woodstock, IL

Sadly, I had the same experience in calling Technical Support twice today to ask about some technical issues with their equipment. I thought that it was a coincidence that I held for 20 plus minutes twice, and on both occasions the phone then rang and hung up...UNTIL I read the review that said the same thing. How stupid. Trying to chase business away? No thanks. You blew it.

C A

July 6th, 2020 New Smyrna Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good: 1 - Online ordering makes products easy to obtain. 2 - Products are wireless, so they are very easy to install. 3 - Monthly monitoring prices are very reasonable. 4 - SimpliSafe does not require a contract. You purchase their equipment, install it, and they will monitor it for as long as you continue to pay the monthly monitoring fee. 5 - The no frills app is very easy to use. Bad: 1 - SimpliSafe does not have outdoor cameras. 2 - SimpliSafe products are proprietary. The company will not monitor any other smart home devices you may have. Its app will not integrate with smart home devices. 3 - If you need additional products later (e.g., that second keypad for the garage door), shipping charges for non-package orders are very high. 4 - The no frills app is, well, no frills. You can turn your system on and off, confirm your devices are working, and see motion recorded by your cameras. That's about it. 5 - (This one is the reason for the 2-star rating) Customer service is unresponsive. Calling for technical support gets you hold music for about 10 minutes, then the phone will ring once before disconnecting you. In other words, even if your patient through long hold times, my experience is that you won't get through to a person. They will respond to emails, but response times are long and responses aren't likely to be useful.

jax jam

July 2nd, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a single woman & wanted my condo to have a security system. After significant research of all local alarm companies, I chose SimpliSafe for many reasons, including that several friends have used SimpliSafe for years & are all very happy with the system. I did the complete instillation myself with 1 call to customer service for a question (they were terrific). I’ve had the original system for over 4 years & I am so pleased with it that I am going to order the new upgraded system this month. As a single woman, especially in today’s world, home security is of great importance to me & I take it very seriously. With SimpliSafe I can go to sleep at night knowing that my home is secure. I also use their 24/7 monitoring service & they have responded within seconds the few times I’ve purposely tripped my alarm to test the response time. I am more than satisfied with my security system that SimpliSafe provides.

Jeffrey Froug

June 19th, 2020 Vancouver, WA

I just returned my SimpliSafe system for a full refund. One of the most frustrating experiences of my life. I was so excited to install and use it but their technology is rife with problems, errors, and frequent calls to tech support. I gave up after a month. Here’s what happened: I bought one of the basic turnkey system which includes 3 door sensors, motion sensor, base unit with keypad, doorbell cam and one additional indoor cam to monitor my dogs when I’m not home. Installation of the sensors, the base unit and keypad was simple but I couldn’t get the system to activate and had to call tech support. The support guy told me the problem was that their software didn’t work well on an iPhone and that I could fix the problem by “Taking a sledgehammer to my iPhone”. After spending two hours on the phone with him and having me do the activation from my PC rather than my iPhone, the system still wouldn’t activate. He told me to keep trying and call them back in 24 hours if It still didn’t work. It didn’t so I called back the next day and spoke to a woman this time who managed to fix the problem in about 30 seconds. Then I tried to install the doorbell cam. After a few tries I got it to work and was able to monitor the front door. But when I tried using voice to communicate with visitors that didn’t work at all. I then called tech support who told me that this was a known problem and a software update coming up in two weeks would fix that problem. Then a few days later the camera stopped working properly and I once again called tech support who tried trouble shooting the problem before determining it was a bad WiFi adapter in the unit and had to be replaced. I got a replacement in 3 days and installed the new one that worked for about a week before it began to also experience the same problem as the first one. Meantime the indoor cam wouldn’t install. There was a steady yellow light which shows an error and the unit would not install period. I called tech support again and they told me that this was also a known problem and they would send me out a replacement cam which they did 3 days later. Once again I tried to install, got the same yellow error light and discovered they sent me yet another bad camera. This was on the same day the second doorbell cam failed. At that point in total frustration I sent back the entire thing and am waiting on getting my money back. On the plus side, the sensors and the basic alarm seemed to work fine. Their cams are a disaster. Their tech support is mostly good - B+ although I did have to wait about 15-20 minutes during some times of the day. My sense is their technology is just too buggy especially their cameras.

Kathy Iskander

April 2nd, 2020 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We’ve had our system for 1 year. We’re on our 3rd base station (bs) and the 2nd SIM card for the 3rd one. The 1st bs had a T Mobile SIM card and never had a good signal, then it just stopped working. We were sent a replacement bs (refurbished I later found out). It stopped working on the 2nd day. They sent a new bs and after two calls to tech support they figured out the SIM card (now Verizon) wasn’t working. This means no communication remotely and can’t add PIN codes. We’re waiting for a new SIM card which they said we’ll receive in 2-4 days. They offered 1 month of service for our trouble. Maybe SimpliSafe should have their equipment made in the great USA instead of China! A fence and a couple of German Shepherds would be better!

J Mark Eastwood

April 2nd, 2020 Hammond, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've had SimpliSafe for a couple of years now and are very pleased with their equipment and service. The other day armed the system and drove off. Within a block of my house, receive their call saying that I had an alarm. As it turns out, I had pressed the wrong button (the At Home rather than the Away button).

Laura Turner

March 21st, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have simplisafe installed in my business in, Magna Utah for the last two years. It is Utah Crystal Sanctuary, we have hundreds of quartz crystals from a few ounces to 50+ pounds, gemstones and gifts. March 18, 2020 7:09 am, we had a 5.7 Earth Quake, it destroyed the inside of my building and almost everything in it. No one was there at the time, alarm had been set the night before. We had to disarm when we got there. Most every thing had crashed to the floor. The damage was bad. Here's the weird part, the alarm had NOT been tripped. If an Earth Quake and all the damage did not set the alarm off, what defense do I have from a burglar. I don't feel secure at all.

Herb Van Gent

March 13th, 2020 Toms River, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simplisafe is the Worst. Customer Service is nonexistent. They have a call center that sounds like a party going on, and their responses are always the same...take out the battery and reboot. I have made so many calls to their center and asked for a supervisor but I never get one I am canceling out my service as I feel it is useless since it does not Function as stated.

Ellie

March 11th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simplisafe offers a home security experience most companies cannot deliver. With live footage sent to the police it increases the chances of the police taking the alarm seriously and decreases the amount of time it will take them to respond. I always feel safe and secure and know my money is going to good use. A price can it be put on safety.

Ralph numank

March 4th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

I've had the SimpliSafe first system for over five years and had no issues, the thing with my system is I didn't have my system monitored by SimpliSafe. I just used the system as a deterrent and got extra sirens in I did have a real break-in. I did have peace of mind and I did have smoke detectors hooked up to the system which was very loud and also the system notified me when someone opened any doors or windows, caught my son coming through the window after hours. I just upgraded to the new system from them and am using the same way that I used the system before. In other words, it's a stand-alone good system in my opinion.

dotcat007

February 25th, 2020 Prescott, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Got this system so my 90-year-old mother would feel safer when I was not around. Do not understand all the negatives about customer service as our experience has been EXCELLENT. They are very responsive, quick and always available if I have any questions. No problems at all with the equipment either. Highly recommend.

Andrew Burgos

February 20th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst system and customer service experience. On 2/20/2020 we received a phone call from Simplisafe and complete silence on their end. After 30 secs or so a lady representative said "Hello" and immediately hung up on me. Before I could return a call Simplisafe called back. Again I received no answer for a good 20 secs or so, finally a lady said "hello" and put me on hold. While on hold I received another call from Simplisafe. I picked up the phone call and received no response. All in total I received 11 phone calls within 28mins with no response on their end and 11, 3 min voicemails. After calling back and finally speaking with a floor manage they had no answer for the calls I was receiving. I informed the floor manager I would like to cancel my service in which he did right away. Simplisafe has displayed they could care less about your worries of a home burglary or concerns with they systems. The floor supervisor Robert best explanation is to go to simplisafe.com and submit an email of my concern. Please avoid simplisafe and pay a little more to have peace of mind for your home and family.

David T

February 10th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I paid for simplisafe for my mom to protect her and allow her to feel more safe in her home and connected. It has been great for her as she ages. I would recommend.

Greg

February 3rd, 2020 Surprise, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think SimpliSafe is a scam. We tried it for about 6 months and had trouble with it from day 2. The simple camera on the door bell never worked correctly and when called they continued to tell me to remove the door bell button and reset it. After a couple of months, and the Extreme trying of my patience, I asked when I was on a trip was I suppose to return home and reset the door bell. The cameras would not monitor correctly . What an absolute mess of a system. My last call to the company was to cancel my contract and the receptionist told me he felt he would not be able to talk be out of staying on line. He went on to say the guarantee had expired so the equipment I had paid for was mine and there would be no guarantee. I advised I had problems since I had the system at which time he disclosed "Sorry but that doesn't matter. We invested hundreds of dollars for absolutely nothing and to be insulted. I had listened to Sean Hannity's commercials on how great this product... well no more listening to his commercials. Another thing to note I was advised that the insurance on my home would be less. When we checked into it we would save a whopping $10.00 a year WOW!! SimiliSafe is a scam. I learned later that the signal they use can be jammed with a $27.00 electronic push button sold on Amazon. If I could I would rate this company well below a 1.

Bruce Johnson

February 1st, 2020 Okemos, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the price $14.99 per month. However I do not like the following. 1. The hold time waithing for a customer service representative is long, as long as 90 minutes to get my first issue resolved. 2. The part I requested, a remote key fob, has been sent to me three times, each time it is the wrong part. 3. The rep said he would call me when shipping the 3rd one to verify I received the right one, no call. 4. I emailed them and asked for a manager, quick reply that a manager would call me, three days now, no call. Very disatisfied, whose in charge there?

Sanjay C. Patel

January 30th, 2020 London, ENG DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simplisafe monitoring will not send the police unless they have a visual confirmation with a camera. We had a previous attempted break in so we installed simplisafe thinking it would notify police as it says it will on their site. Just got a call today from Securitas who simplisafe has partnered with to inform us there is an intruder alert. He said there was motion detected in my bedroom from a motion detector. No one was home and we had a previous attempted break-in so I asked him to notify the police. He refused saying he could not see an intruder in the cameras. That is idiotic on so many levels. 1. Why bother calling me if he wasn't prepared to take action? 2. All cameras are downstairs. The alert came from my upstairs bedroom where there is no camera, only a motion detector. He said if he couldn't see an intruder in the downstairs cameras so he didn't see the need to call the police. I tried to explain that the intruders may never come downstairs in front of the cameras- but he wouldn't budge. 3. He said he was connecting me to a supervisor - but you know what he really did - no one picked up the phone. 3. So simplisafe requires its customers to have a camera in every room otherwise the police will not be notified without a visual confirmation? So what's the point of all the other detectors - entry and motion and glass break? Stupid policy. I recorded the frustrating call I had with the monitoring guy on my phone and am looking for where I should upload it. Please suggest. Simplisafe is a garbage company for not letting its customers know before hand that it will not notify police without a visual confirmation with a simplicam. How can these guys save us from crooks if they're crooks themselves? Please share this so others are informed of the truth. Thanks and namaste

Darryl Hickman

January 25th, 2020 Akron, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Comparing apples to apples, I had ADT and now Simplisafe, for the money you get the same if not slightly better system with Simplisafe. Not bashing ADT, but for the money, why pay $20 for a gallon of milk if you can get that same gallon for $2.

CS

January 24th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As with many other customer complaints, customer service stinks. The recording says the usual "we are experiencing heavier than normal call volume," blah, blah, blah. However, I was hung up on twice after waiting for a total of 26 minutes. Typical. I am sure if I pushed 1 for new customer, a rep would have answered within a minute or two. But once they have you, forget about customer service.

Ayesha

January 23rd, 2020 Herndon, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I installed the system easily. I ran the test and it's working great. My condo is 1500 sq. ft. I just got the entry sensors and they all talk to the main system seamlessly. Thankfully no issues so far.

Mel Thacker

January 21st, 2020 Dalton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Friendly and caring ppl! I have no shame with saying that they are my right hand! My alarm has went off a few times! And let me tell you something, they are on it! They are in touch with you in less than a minute. I've put my 8 yr old son's and myself safety in the palm of their hands! I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart, after having severe problems! I can now sleep at night. I do suggest Ring with them if you are experiencing severe problems as unfortunately some of us have! I'm uncertain about the remarks about when you call with problems because I've had 1 tech help me for over an hour. It wasn't strictly business! It was if we known each other for years. I do not know one employee personally so I have no reason in giving a false statement. Call and give them a chance! I promise you will not regret it! It is a wonderful feeling for a single mother to feel safe. Thank you Simple Safe! And I must not forget Ring!!! This combo is affordable and it rocks at my house! Bless you all

Keira Grech

January 20th, 2020 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not, DO NOT buy any products from Simplisafe. I have never had a worse customer service experience than I have had with them. I purchased a system from their website on 11/23/19 and the next day I was gifted a different system. So the day it arrived (12/6) I began the process of trying to return it (they claim to have a 60 day return policy). It took four attempts to contact them to get them to even acknowledge me. After receiving my return label I returned the system on 12/16/19 (tracking shows it was delivered). Since then I have not received a refund and I’ve made 6 separate attempts to get an update on the return. I finally received an email saying they had received the package and were in the process of processing the return. The next day I got a different email from a different representative saying my package was still on route to them and once they received it I would be refunded. It has been OVER A MONTH since I returned the package and still no refund and they are ignoring me. Protect. Yourself. From. These. Scam. Artists.

Shabs

January 15th, 2020 Hyattsville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer for two months now and while the product itself has been working ok their customer service is horrible. I have been hung up on at least three times each time I have called and every time I have called including the times I have been hung up on the average wait time to speak to a representative is at least 20 minutes no matter the time or day I have called. If this persists I may have to switch back to Frontpoint or look at another option

Kevin Powers

January 13th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service. Tried to cancel on several occasions,( first time was Dec 16, 2019 ) its usually an hour wait or more. Have only gotten through 2 times , the first time I talked to someone , they took all my information and after telling them I wanted to cancel, they hung up on me. The second time I got through ( 72 min on hold ) the line just went dead when someone answered. They know why you are calling because you have to press the # 3 to put you through to cancel . The other 6 times I called them I hung up after waiting over 45 min. I dont have that kind of time to sit and wait on the phone. Stil trying to cancel as of today, Jan 13, 2020 .. Also emailed them and they told me to call them , really ?

Arthur Michelson

January 6th, 2020 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Got their system and installed it. First test failed. Returned the system weeks ago - still no refund. Called several times - very long holds and when finally connected, got disconnected. HORRIBLE customer service. Customer service? - not sure that’s in their lexicon.

Allen Z

January 2nd, 2020 Norman, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Received a defective entry sensor. Can't get anyone at SimpliSafe customer support to exchange it. I fell for all the good reviews and I regret buying this product.

Don

January 1st, 2020 Poughkeepsie, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quality appears good however Simplisafe runs very close to the "Bait and Switch" line. One good example is you need to pay around $300 to "simpli" use the Alexa skill to arm the system among others. Also - compared to Ring the monitoring plans are also notably more expensive for simplisafe who touts lower cost solutions. I received simplisafe as a gift and may return it for Ring or other product.

Owen Williams

January 1st, 2020 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have owned our SimpliSafe system for two years. Setup was easy using the guide, however, I have experience with commercial alarm systems so might have been a little easier for me. We have had an issue with the free camera losing its settings and going off line randomly. I guess the camera was worth the price. The most annoying problem, and one that SimpliSafe has still been unable to fix, is a message that says: "Warning, wireless interference detected!" We get this every time we arm and disarm the system. Sometimes it repeats itself twice. I have turned off every wireless device in the house and we still get the message. After numerous calls and hours on the phone with SimpliSafe's tech support, they finally gave up and sent us a new memory module. This was after talking to several different tech support people and having to tell them the same story and going through the same procedures the previous techs had made us go through. Apparently they don't believe you that you've already done the procedure...three times before. Like I said...hours on the phone. This all started right after one of their software upgrades. I couldn't seem to get them to believe me, but once you have the upgrade, you can't uninstall it. We also had one of the wireless key fobs (the type with the five year non-replaceable batteries) go dead on us after a year and a half. They did send me a free replacement key fob but I had to mail the dead one back to SimpliSafe, I guess as proof that I wasn't trying to scam them out of a free key fob. Overall, aside from the glitches, I think the SimpliSafe system is pretty solid. It would be great if they could work the bugs out. The system is easy to setup and easy to control. I think it's worth the money. I can only compare it to my old Visonic system that I loved, but died of old age. Like anything else...Caveat Emptor.

Gaston nichols

December 20th, 2019 Birmingham, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Almost impossible to talk to anyone there, when you do, they don’t follow up on their promises.

stephen ronald

December 19th, 2019 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor customer service. Been hung up on 4 times, used 2 phone lines to try and talk to service. I have a cameras that does not work (6 that do work). Called as new customer finally got a real person "GENNIS" a supervisor and was putting me to front of the line at service, on hold for over 30 minutes. finally gave up. Will cancel my 2 auto pay accounts and maybe someone will call when money stops! What a poor way to run a business!!!!

Greg in Houston

December 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reading the reviews, sometimes I wonder if people are reviewing Simplisafe. I just bought a second system, because I am moving my 5 year old system to a rent house. The new system has worked flawlessly with our ATT WiFi and was super-easy to set up. Our ground floor is about 3,000 sq ft, and have had no connectivity issues. Camera works as advertised. With their current sale, the price is substantially less than FrontPoint. I never have had one false alarm, on the old system or new system. When I have had an alarm (which were always due to mistakes on our part), I received a call immediately from monitoring service. I rated them a "five," even though I agree that sometimes the hold times are too long.

Edward S Collins

December 7th, 2019 Seneca, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simply SUCKS! Avoid this service NO, MATTER, WHAT! Absurd wait times for customer service. Took weeks to even get the alarm system delivered. Absolutely terrible! I would offer NO stars for this company!

Steve

December 5th, 2019 Pasadena, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Yes, I am saving money every month. NO, I would never buy from Simplisafe again. Yes, it is easy to install, but NO, it is not reliable. Be warned, if your house is over 1500 sq feet, you are going to have a nightmare trying to get these wireless devices to talk to each other consistantly. You will have to move the keypad from one wall to another, one room to another, still you get OUT OF RANGE errors randomly. And, the monitoring people have trouble following the instructions you give them. THEY RUINED MY THANKSGIVING VACATION BY DISPATCHING THE POLICE TO MY HOUSE TWICE IN 2 DAYS EVEN THOUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS WRITTEN IN MY ACCOUNT GIVE SPECIFIC ORDERS FOR WHEN TO DISPATCH AND WHEN NOT TO DISPATCH.

Mordecai Katz

December 3rd, 2019 Tucson, AZ

Has to be one of the worst products I have ever purchased. It arrived already missing the panic buttons(back ordered). They never informed me of when I might expect those. Unpacked and attempted to install, 4 of the 6 window/door sensors had low battery warnings. One of two motion detectors didn't work at all. Siren is totally dead, most likely dead batteries also. Now comes the fun part, I attempted to call SimpliSafe. 2 hours on hold. Finally spoke to someone who's education level must have been non-existent. I frankly couldn't understand what she was saying. They offered to send me 2 sensors. Really? How does that help that 4 don't work, motion detector doesn't work and neither does the siren. Not to mention the panic buttons I never received. After demanding over and over that I want to send the system back they finally agreed. They say they are mailing it to me, really? They don't have the ability to email it. By far one of the top two horrible companies.

Gracie

November 30th, 2019 Randolph, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We purchased our package a year ago. We are very satisfied with the product. It was easy to install and we were able to get to customer service very quickly. Maybe we were luckier than some people. Your Wi-Fi connection have to be very strong in order to install the system. Since we live in a split house, we have to purchase additional Wi-Fi devices, which we already had, so the signal was strong already. I am pleased with my decision. We also got it at a good time and a great price.

Bruce

November 20th, 2019 Alexandria, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had the system for 4 years. I installed it myself in less than 2 hours. It suits my needs well. I've had some issues because I spend 4 1/2 months away from home each winter and that's when problems seem to occur. The system sensors are all battery powered and batteries get old...problem is that you don't know when. I've had some inconsistent issues with my base station and connection to their dispatch. It has to do with whether you have access to VERIZON or T-MOBILE in your area. If there is an alarm event, the base station triggers a call to one of these cell providers (depending on the cell module in your base station). Sometimes there is no connection to the cell provider...and no one seems to know why. Initially, service was very good and I was really happy with the system. Now, their customer service is ATROCIOUS. Wait time on the phone is 45" with BAD music and time updates that never seem to update (like you're always last in line on the phone). I set up a scheduled time for the next morning with a "rookie" customer service rep for 9:00 a.m. the next morning...they never called. I knew she was a rookie when she had me dismantling the base station while I was on the phone. They hadn't updated their records from 2 years ago when I had base station problems. The "rookie" was flat out guessing on what to try next. I was just about ready to scream, so asked for the next day appointment. Since they never called, I have been trying to use their "contact us" (and we'll get back to you......yeah, right). ….to no avail. I kept trying to reset my "blue light" and "red light" base station conditions using their instructions (I received them during problems in the past....when they did have customer service). I tried over and over and finally it worked and the system is functioning again, but I don't know for how long. It is now time to head south for the winter....I'm not feeling confident about this system, especially this year. It's too bad that these people have run this company into the ground (judging by the reviews there's a lot of really unhappy folks). I picture the owners living comfortably in Jamaica without a care in the world.

Bass4worship

November 19th, 2019 Sebring, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I been using Simplisafe over 5 years now. Never had a problem. I'm still using the very first system they started with. I was going to upgrade but I see most having some problems with with the newer system so I'm staying with my older model for now. The only thing I would like to change is the keypad.

Ron

November 18th, 2019 Troy, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible system. Can't believe they keep getting good reviews. Easy to set up but problems almost every day. These sites keep stating pets don't set off motion detectors. Wanna bet? 8 pound kitty kept setting it off even when we followed advice and moved them up the wall and turned them over pointing up. Now we're set if Spider Man beaks in and crawls across the ceiling! Police threatened to start charging for responding to false alarms. One problem after another. Lost WiFi signal over and over. Moved base all over the house. Had to get replacements for base, entry sensors, siren, batteries. All this in first 2 months! Tech support is the WORST! Takes 30 min's average on hold. Lost track of the hours we spent on the phone due to this junk. Never knew if we were protected when we went to sleep or too work. Sending back for refund.

CD

October 6th, 2019 Whiteland, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is as advertised - easy to install. But, customer service leaves you on hold forever. If you don’t use there monitoring the base unit flashes bright blue non stop- might as well leave your front door standing open. It is a signal that your not linked to a call center and are open for a burglary. Even though u own equipment u must use only their monitoring- no other option.

Bill D.

October 4th, 2019 Frankenmuth, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is terrible, expect long wait times on the phone to talk to a customer service rep. Motion detectors fail after 3-4 years- false alarms. We've had to replace 2 so far (covered under warranty) but had to argue with customer service to get replacements. Last night I waited over 30 minutes on hold and never talked to a person. I gave up and called today, took 15 minutes to get a person. The customer service rep was polite and apologetic once I did get to discuss the problem.

Frank B

September 19th, 2019 Laurelton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The cameras and the video door bell do not link up well with WiFi. The wait times for customer service is very long. Dogs under 50 lbs. set off the motion detectors despite the claims to the opposite. When you do get customer service they do try to help but the equipment is junk.

Desmond

August 26th, 2019 Flower Mound, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Setup is easy. They have special promotions for the equipment around holidays and offer a free indoor camera. By the time you compare the upfront costs of similar equipment with Frontpoint (whom I had for 10 years), the costs are not dissimilar. Frontpoint's equipment had issues. I've talked with Simplisafe customer service and had no issues with communication. Equipment works and I find the system easier than Fronpoint. The monthly cost of Simplisafe is less expensive. So far, so good.

Nate

August 26th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SimpliSafe system was spotty at best. System was unreliable, generally very unlikely you could arm remotely via your cell phone. When you call customer service they were usually at a loss. The unit base was replaced 3 separate times and the issue was they could simply not make it work. I would strongly recommend AGAINST anyone buying if you actually want a reliable smart security system.

Frank Ruffin

August 24th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For many years I was delighted by Simplisafe but these last 8 months it's been one problem after an other and hours wasted with various service persons. I have often been told that technical department is working on the issue( apparently blaming Apple IOS updates for the problem...) If the simply safe system is incompatible with Apple's new IOS customers need to be told.

Jeff

August 13th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a customer for almost 10 years. They have their issues but all and all have been pretty good. If you've seen my other reviews I am a stickler for good support. They don't have that. I also have had issues with their previous system, errors going dead but since upgrading to the new system I've not had as many. For the price and flexibility a great buy.

CLK RD

August 12th, 2019 New Castle, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm totally satisfied with my SimpliSafe system. It was so easy to install. Customer service is super friendly and quite helpful. They call very fast when an alarm trips. So far just it's just been me setting it off by accident. Totally recommend this system. It is priced reasonably and the monitoring is quite affordable.

Eric Slater

July 20th, 2019 Omaha, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The system works fine but do not make any mistakes during the install or you will end up with dozens of false device entries on your account page with no way of deleting them. We bought this system for our home two years ago and have been trying to contact Support ever since, not once have they responded. You spend an average of 45 minutes waiting on hold just to be hung up on or told they can't do anything about the extra devices. We have sent emails every couple months or so to try and work through the issue that way as well, they don't even bother to respond. So the two stars are for the cost and ease of installation but their customer service is among the worst we have ever dealt with in any category. I do NOT recommend anyone purchase this system simply because they will never respond to any issue you ever have.

Woo

July 13th, 2019 Lake Forest, CA

First, Simplisafe is DIY(?)-like set-up system with the good phone customer support. If you're not used to putting some stuff/gadgets by yourself, then It will be a bit annoying. But it's so easy if you are following instruction. For me, personally this system worked so perfect. I don't like making appointments, waiting for technicians, people coming into my house and doing all stuff. And no contract, just monthly!!! I was looking for security company for my new home. I tried ADT first time but their sales representatives were all so aggressive, rushing and really forcing me to buy their plan. I don't like their contract period, the price for plan and so on. Even though I said to them I don't like ADT plan but they are so persistent, S~O~ hard to hang up on them. Anyhow, then I found Simplisafe through my research. I'm so 100% satisfied with them. They don't force you or give any pressure, but explain everything to all my questions. I got delivered all gadgets(sensors I ordered, fob key, etc.). But I couldn't set up right away - it took for a while (very busy and lazy... actually almost 3-4 mos, had the products in March and set up in July) for me to set up and call them to activate my alarms/sensors and plan. I called them to check my set up and activate my plan. Taphen(I'm not sure I got his name) was so patient and helped me go through all my set up. Also Simplisafe didn't forget me to give me the 1st month trial. I just love the Simplisafe and am glad to choose it.

Stephanie F

June 19th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had SimpliSafe now for about 5 years and have always had good customer service. My system is the original one and I’ve never had a problem with any of the components except of course to change batteries. I pay for monitoring and I have had them call immediately when the alarm is triggered to make sure of whether I need police or not. I am completely happy with this service. Five stars

John

June 18th, 2019 Roseville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had this product for almost 2 years. The first year we had few problems. This year we have been having with dispatch connection and they can't seem to fix the problem. We are on our third base replacement and it is still not fixed. Calling the Tech Support office is a nightmare. You can't hear the person you are talking to because the office background is so loud. Vert frustrating.