SimpliSafe is a do-it-yourself security provider that offers basic security features, including burglary alarms, fire detectors, carbon monoxide sensors, freeze sensors, and flood sensors. SimpliSafe equipment can be ordered online and is customer-owned after purchase, with packages ranging from $229 to $489. SimpliSafe offers one of the lowest monthly monitoring fees in the industry, with monthly fees starting at $14.99 per month. The company uses cellular signal monitoring through COPS Monitoring Service, a CSAA-certified central monitoring station. SimpliSafe is one of the only home security providers that does not attach a contract to any of its equipment.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Vivint chevron_right
3.7

The Good

• Low Monthly Fees
  • Industry Innovations
  • No Contract or Moving Fees
  • 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • "Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices
  • 100% Wireless Equipment
  • Free and Easy Installation Process
  • Purchase Online

Low Monthly Fees

SimpliSafe's low monthly fees and absence of a contract are clear standouts in the security industry. The company's highest monitoring package ("Interactive") only comes in at $24.99, far below most professional security providers' most affordable option. The most typical monitoring package is priced at $14.99 per month.

Industry Innovations

Recently, more home security companies are hopping on the wagon of do-it-yourself systems, but SimpliSafe has been doing it for years. Recently, SimpliSafe has also redesigned its system to look more sleek and attractive. Sensors including motion detectors, window sensors, door sensors, security cameras, and even the wireless keypad control panel have gotten a makeover. You can also arm and disarm your alarm system through the SimpliSafe app on your mobile phone, along with view Simplisafe camera footage.

No Contract or Moving Fees

Something truly remarkable about SimpliSafe's price structure is that it does not attach contracts to its equipment; all customers pay on a month-to-month basis and can cancel at any time without penalty. Basically, no long-term contracts, unlike most home security companies. Moving your alarm system is simple and easy.

60-Day Money-Back Guarantee

In addition, SimpliSafe customers have 60 days to try out equipment and if unsatisfied, can return it to SimpliSafe for a full refund plus return shipping costs. As 30 days is considered a great guarantee in this industry, a 60-day guarantee truly stands out.

"Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices

For an added layer of safety, the "brain" of SimpliSafe's system is located in a device separate from the keypad. If burglars destroy the beeping keypad, the brain will quietly alert the monitoring center.

100% Wireless Equipment

Because the SimpliSafe system is 100 percent wireless, no hard wiring or drilling is required. This is an appealing feature for renters and apartment owners, and also contributes to the aforementioned lack of moving fees. Equipment is as follows:

• Wireless keypad
  • Window sensors
  • Panic button
  • Freeze sensors

Free and Easy Installation Process

The free and easy installation process can also be completed without assistance and, in most cases, takes less than 15 minutes. Once the system and sensors are in a place, an alarm will sound whenever the control panel is armed and sensors detect burglars breaking in.

Purchase Online

SimpliSafe's equipment and monitoring services can be purchased on its website, eliminating the need to interact with often-pushy security salesmen.

The Bad

• Upfront Equipment Costs
  • Basic Security Equipment
  • Three-Year Warranty

Upfront Equipment Costs

As with most do-it-yourself solutions, SimpliSafe requires consumers to buy equipment upfront. This can cost anywhere from $229 to $489. Fortunately, SimpliSafe offers five package options to fit a variety of budgets and needs. Also important to note: you own this equipment forever after purchasing. Regardless, this price amounts to years of monitoring service from other top-rated alarm companies.

Basic Security Equipment

SimpliSafe equipment is extremely basic in both looks and functionality. The company doesn't offer touchscreen equipment or basic home automation services such as remote door locks, smart lighting/appliances, smart temperature control, and so on. However, video surveillance is available but requires a WiFi connection. Despite SimpliSafe's sleek new design and mobile app interface, the company needs to catch up to home automation trends, not just freeze sensors and motion detectors.

Three-Year Warranty

With SimpliSafe, you're getting basic, no-bells-and-whistles security equipment. And it's all covered with a three-year warranty, as opposed to the lifetime warranty many other providers offer. Most security systems from other companies will offer a lifetime warranty, so it's unfortunate to see SimpliSafe limiting their security systems to only three years.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

If you're looking for a basic do-it-yourself security option for a reasonable price, SimpliSafe is a viable option. And if you're a renter who doesn't want to hardwire a security system or pay a fee each time you move, SimpliSafe is a solid solution. But if you're looking for cutting-edge technology and want to turn your house into a "smart home," SimpliSafe is not the answer. There are plenty of other alarm companies who offer those services but expect them with higher prices and strict long-term contracts. Read Simplisafe reviews below before making your final decision.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.6

Andrew Burgos

February 21st, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst system and customer service experience. On 2/20/2020 we received a phone call from Simplisafe and complete silence on their end. After 30 secs or so a lady representative said "Hello" and immediately hung up on me. Before I could return a call Simplisafe called back. Again I received no answer for a good 20 secs or so, finally a lady said "hello" and put me on hold. While on hold I received another call from Simplisafe. I picked up the phone call and received no response. All in total I received 11 phone calls within 28mins with no response on their end and 11, 3 min voicemails. After calling back and finally speaking with a floor manage they had no answer for the calls I was receiving. I informed the floor manager I would like to cancel my service in which he did right away. Simplisafe has displayed they could care less about your worries of a home burglary or concerns with they systems. The floor supervisor Robert best explanation is to go to simplisafe.com and submit an email of my concern. Please avoid simplisafe and pay a little more to have peace of mind for your home and family.

David T

February 11th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I paid for simplisafe for my mom to protect her and allow her to feel more safe in her home and connected. It has been great for her as she ages. I would recommend.

Bruce Johnson

February 4th, 2020 Okemos, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the price $14.99 per month. However I do not like the following. 1. The hold time waithing for a customer service representative is long, as long as 90 minutes to get my first issue resolved. 2. The part I requested, a remote key fob, has been sent to me three times, each time it is the wrong part. 3. The rep said he would call me when shipping the 3rd one to verify I received the right one, no call. 4. I emailed them and asked for a manager, quick reply that a manager would call me, three days now, no call. Very disatisfied, whose in charge there?

Greg

February 4th, 2020 Surprise, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think SimpliSafe is a scam. We tried it for about 6 months and had trouble with it from day 2. The simple camera on the door bell never worked correctly and when called they continued to tell me to remove the door bell button and reset it. After a couple of months, and the Extreme trying of my patience, I asked when I was on a trip was I suppose to return home and reset the door bell. The cameras would not monitor correctly . What an absolute mess of a system. My last call to the company was to cancel my contract and the receptionist told me he felt he would not be able to talk be out of staying on line. He went on to say the guarantee had expired so the equipment I had paid for was mine and there would be no guarantee. I advised I had problems since I had the system at which time he disclosed "Sorry but that doesn't matter. We invested hundreds of dollars for absolutely nothing and to be insulted. I had listened to Sean Hannity's commercials on how great this product... well no more listening to his commercials. Another thing to note I was advised that the insurance on my home would be less. When we checked into it we would save a whopping $10.00 a year WOW!! SimiliSafe is a scam. I learned later that the signal they use can be jammed with a $27.00 electronic push button sold on Amazon. If I could I would rate this company well below a 1.

Sanjay C. Patel

January 31st, 2020 London, ENG DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simplisafe monitoring will not send the police unless they have a visual confirmation with a camera. We had a previous attempted break in so we installed simplisafe thinking it would notify police as it says it will on their site. Just got a call today from Securitas who simplisafe has partnered with to inform us there is an intruder alert. He said there was motion detected in my bedroom from a motion detector. No one was home and we had a previous attempted break-in so I asked him to notify the police. He refused saying he could not see an intruder in the cameras. That is idiotic on so many levels. 1. Why bother calling me if he wasn't prepared to take action? 2. All cameras are downstairs. The alert came from my upstairs bedroom where there is no camera, only a motion detector. He said if he couldn't see an intruder in the downstairs cameras so he didn't see the need to call the police. I tried to explain that the intruders may never come downstairs in front of the cameras- but he wouldn't budge. 3. He said he was connecting me to a supervisor - but you know what he really did - no one picked up the phone. 3. So simplisafe requires its customers to have a camera in every room otherwise the police will not be notified without a visual confirmation? So what's the point of all the other detectors - entry and motion and glass break? Stupid policy. I recorded the frustrating call I had with the monitoring guy on my phone and am looking for where I should upload it. Please suggest. Simplisafe is a garbage company for not letting its customers know before hand that it will not notify police without a visual confirmation with a simplicam. How can these guys save us from crooks if they're crooks themselves? Please share this so others are informed of the truth. Thanks and namaste

CS

January 28th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As with many other customer complaints, customer service stinks. The recording says the usual "we are experiencing heavier than normal call volume," blah, blah, blah. However, I was hung up on twice after waiting for a total of 26 minutes. Typical. I am sure if I pushed 1 for new customer, a rep would have answered within a minute or two. But once they have you, forget about customer service.

Darryl Hickman

January 28th, 2020 Akron, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Comparing apples to apples, I had ADT and now Simplisafe, for the money you get the same if not slightly better system with Simplisafe. Not bashing ADT, but for the money, why pay $20 for a gallon of milk if you can get that same gallon for $2.

Ayesha

January 23rd, 2020 Herndon, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I installed the system easily. I ran the test and it's working great. My condo is 1500 sq. ft. I just got the entry sensors and they all talk to the main system seamlessly. Thankfully no issues so far.

Mel Thacker

January 21st, 2020 Dalton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Friendly and caring ppl! I have no shame with saying that they are my right hand! My alarm has went off a few times! And let me tell you something, they are on it! They are in touch with you in less than a minute. I've put my 8 yr old son's and myself safety in the palm of their hands! I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart, after having severe problems! I can now sleep at night. I do suggest Ring with them if you are experiencing severe problems as unfortunately some of us have! I'm uncertain about the remarks about when you call with problems because I've had 1 tech help me for over an hour. It wasn't strictly business! It was if we known each other for years. I do not know one employee personally so I have no reason in giving a false statement. Call and give them a chance! I promise you will not regret it! It is a wonderful feeling for a single mother to feel safe. Thank you Simple Safe! And I must not forget Ring!!! This combo is affordable and it rocks at my house! Bless you all

Keira Grech

January 20th, 2020 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not, DO NOT buy any products from Simplisafe. I have never had a worse customer service experience than I have had with them. I purchased a system from their website on 11/23/19 and the next day I was gifted a different system. So the day it arrived (12/6) I began the process of trying to return it (they claim to have a 60 day return policy). It took four attempts to contact them to get them to even acknowledge me. After receiving my return label I returned the system on 12/16/19 (tracking shows it was delivered). Since then I have not received a refund and I’ve made 6 separate attempts to get an update on the return. I finally received an email saying they had received the package and were in the process of processing the return. The next day I got a different email from a different representative saying my package was still on route to them and once they received it I would be refunded. It has been OVER A MONTH since I returned the package and still no refund and they are ignoring me. Protect. Yourself. From. These. Scam. Artists.

Shabs

January 15th, 2020 Hyattsville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer for two months now and while the product itself has been working ok their customer service is horrible. I have been hung up on at least three times each time I have called and every time I have called including the times I have been hung up on the average wait time to speak to a representative is at least 20 minutes no matter the time or day I have called. If this persists I may have to switch back to Frontpoint or look at another option

Kevin Powers

January 14th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service. Tried to cancel on several occasions,( first time was Dec 16, 2019 ) its usually an hour wait or more. Have only gotten through 2 times , the first time I talked to someone , they took all my information and after telling them I wanted to cancel, they hung up on me. The second time I got through ( 72 min on hold ) the line just went dead when someone answered. They know why you are calling because you have to press the # 3 to put you through to cancel . The other 6 times I called them I hung up after waiting over 45 min. I dont have that kind of time to sit and wait on the phone. Stil trying to cancel as of today, Jan 13, 2020 .. Also emailed them and they told me to call them , really ?

Arthur Michelson

January 8th, 2020 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Got their system and installed it. First test failed. Returned the system weeks ago - still no refund. Called several times - very long holds and when finally connected, got disconnected. HORRIBLE customer service. Customer service? - not sure that’s in their lexicon.

Allen Z

January 3rd, 2020 Norman, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Received a defective entry sensor. Can't get anyone at SimpliSafe customer support to exchange it. I fell for all the good reviews and I regret buying this product.

Don

January 2nd, 2020 Poughkeepsie, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quality appears good however Simplisafe runs very close to the "Bait and Switch" line. One good example is you need to pay around $300 to "simpli" use the Alexa skill to arm the system among others. Also - compared to Ring the monitoring plans are also notably more expensive for simplisafe who touts lower cost solutions. I received simplisafe as a gift and may return it for Ring or other product.

Owen Williams

January 2nd, 2020 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have owned our SimpliSafe system for two years. Setup was easy using the guide, however, I have experience with commercial alarm systems so might have been a little easier for me. We have had an issue with the free camera losing its settings and going off line randomly. I guess the camera was worth the price. The most annoying problem, and one that SimpliSafe has still been unable to fix, is a message that says: "Warning, wireless interference detected!" We get this every time we arm and disarm the system. Sometimes it repeats itself twice. I have turned off every wireless device in the house and we still get the message. After numerous calls and hours on the phone with SimpliSafe's tech support, they finally gave up and sent us a new memory module. This was after talking to several different tech support people and having to tell them the same story and going through the same procedures the previous techs had made us go through. Apparently they don't believe you that you've already done the procedure...three times before. Like I said...hours on the phone. This all started right after one of their software upgrades. I couldn't seem to get them to believe me, but once you have the upgrade, you can't uninstall it. We also had one of the wireless key fobs (the type with the five year non-replaceable batteries) go dead on us after a year and a half. They did send me a free replacement key fob but I had to mail the dead one back to SimpliSafe, I guess as proof that I wasn't trying to scam them out of a free key fob. Overall, aside from the glitches, I think the SimpliSafe system is pretty solid. It would be great if they could work the bugs out. The system is easy to setup and easy to control. I think it's worth the money. I can only compare it to my old Visonic system that I loved, but died of old age. Like anything else...Caveat Emptor.

Gaston nichols

December 20th, 2019 Birmingham, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Almost impossible to talk to anyone there, when you do, they don’t follow up on their promises.

stephen ronald

December 20th, 2019 Tacoma, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor customer service. Been hung up on 4 times, used 2 phone lines to try and talk to service. I have a cameras that does not work (6 that do work). Called as new customer finally got a real person "GENNIS" a supervisor and was putting me to front of the line at service, on hold for over 30 minutes. finally gave up. Will cancel my 2 auto pay accounts and maybe someone will call when money stops! What a poor way to run a business!!!!

Greg in Houston

December 11th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reading the reviews, sometimes I wonder if people are reviewing Simplisafe. I just bought a second system, because I am moving my 5 year old system to a rent house. The new system has worked flawlessly with our ATT WiFi and was super-easy to set up. Our ground floor is about 3,000 sq ft, and have had no connectivity issues. Camera works as advertised. With their current sale, the price is substantially less than FrontPoint. I never have had one false alarm, on the old system or new system. When I have had an alarm (which were always due to mistakes on our part), I received a call immediately from monitoring service. I rated them a "five," even though I agree that sometimes the hold times are too long.

Edward S Collins

December 9th, 2019 Seneca, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simply SUCKS! Avoid this service NO, MATTER, WHAT! Absurd wait times for customer service. Took weeks to even get the alarm system delivered. Absolutely terrible! I would offer NO stars for this company!

Steve

December 5th, 2019 Pasadena, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Yes, I am saving money every month. NO, I would never buy from Simplisafe again. Yes, it is easy to install, but NO, it is not reliable. Be warned, if your house is over 1500 sq feet, you are going to have a nightmare trying to get these wireless devices to talk to each other consistantly. You will have to move the keypad from one wall to another, one room to another, still you get OUT OF RANGE errors randomly. And, the monitoring people have trouble following the instructions you give them. THEY RUINED MY THANKSGIVING VACATION BY DISPATCHING THE POLICE TO MY HOUSE TWICE IN 2 DAYS EVEN THOUGH THE INSTRUCTIONS WRITTEN IN MY ACCOUNT GIVE SPECIFIC ORDERS FOR WHEN TO DISPATCH AND WHEN NOT TO DISPATCH.

Mordecai Katz

December 4th, 2019 Tucson, AZ

Has to be one of the worst products I have ever purchased. It arrived already missing the panic buttons(back ordered). They never informed me of when I might expect those. Unpacked and attempted to install, 4 of the 6 window/door sensors had low battery warnings. One of two motion detectors didn't work at all. Siren is totally dead, most likely dead batteries also. Now comes the fun part, I attempted to call SimpliSafe. 2 hours on hold. Finally spoke to someone who's education level must have been non-existent. I frankly couldn't understand what she was saying. They offered to send me 2 sensors. Really? How does that help that 4 don't work, motion detector doesn't work and neither does the siren. Not to mention the panic buttons I never received. After demanding over and over that I want to send the system back they finally agreed. They say they are mailing it to me, really? They don't have the ability to email it. By far one of the top two horrible companies.

Gracie

December 3rd, 2019 Randolph, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We purchased our package a year ago. We are very satisfied with the product. It was easy to install and we were able to get to customer service very quickly. Maybe we were luckier than some people. Your Wi-Fi connection have to be very strong in order to install the system. Since we live in a split house, we have to purchase additional Wi-Fi devices, which we already had, so the signal was strong already. I am pleased with my decision. We also got it at a good time and a great price.

Bruce

November 20th, 2019 Alexandria, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had the system for 4 years. I installed it myself in less than 2 hours. It suits my needs well. I've had some issues because I spend 4 1/2 months away from home each winter and that's when problems seem to occur. The system sensors are all battery powered and batteries get old...problem is that you don't know when. I've had some inconsistent issues with my base station and connection to their dispatch. It has to do with whether you have access to VERIZON or T-MOBILE in your area. If there is an alarm event, the base station triggers a call to one of these cell providers (depending on the cell module in your base station). Sometimes there is no connection to the cell provider...and no one seems to know why. Initially, service was very good and I was really happy with the system. Now, their customer service is ATROCIOUS. Wait time on the phone is 45" with BAD music and time updates that never seem to update (like you're always last in line on the phone). I set up a scheduled time for the next morning with a "rookie" customer service rep for 9:00 a.m. the next morning...they never called. I knew she was a rookie when she had me dismantling the base station while I was on the phone. They hadn't updated their records from 2 years ago when I had base station problems. The "rookie" was flat out guessing on what to try next. I was just about ready to scream, so asked for the next day appointment. Since they never called, I have been trying to use their "contact us" (and we'll get back to you......yeah, right). ….to no avail. I kept trying to reset my "blue light" and "red light" base station conditions using their instructions (I received them during problems in the past....when they did have customer service). I tried over and over and finally it worked and the system is functioning again, but I don't know for how long. It is now time to head south for the winter....I'm not feeling confident about this system, especially this year. It's too bad that these people have run this company into the ground (judging by the reviews there's a lot of really unhappy folks). I picture the owners living comfortably in Jamaica without a care in the world.

Bass4worship

November 20th, 2019 Sebring, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I been using Simplisafe over 5 years now. Never had a problem. I'm still using the very first system they started with. I was going to upgrade but I see most having some problems with with the newer system so I'm staying with my older model for now. The only thing I would like to change is the keypad.

Ron

November 19th, 2019 Troy, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible system. Can't believe they keep getting good reviews. Easy to set up but problems almost every day. These sites keep stating pets don't set off motion detectors. Wanna bet? 8 pound kitty kept setting it off even when we followed advice and moved them up the wall and turned them over pointing up. Now we're set if Spider Man beaks in and crawls across the ceiling! Police threatened to start charging for responding to false alarms. One problem after another. Lost WiFi signal over and over. Moved base all over the house. Had to get replacements for base, entry sensors, siren, batteries. All this in first 2 months! Tech support is the WORST! Takes 30 min's average on hold. Lost track of the hours we spent on the phone due to this junk. Never knew if we were protected when we went to sleep or too work. Sending back for refund.

CD

October 7th, 2019 Whiteland, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is as advertised - easy to install. But, customer service leaves you on hold forever. If you don’t use there monitoring the base unit flashes bright blue non stop- might as well leave your front door standing open. It is a signal that your not linked to a call center and are open for a burglary. Even though u own equipment u must use only their monitoring- no other option.

Bill D.

October 7th, 2019 Frankenmuth, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is terrible, expect long wait times on the phone to talk to a customer service rep. Motion detectors fail after 3-4 years- false alarms. We've had to replace 2 so far (covered under warranty) but had to argue with customer service to get replacements. Last night I waited over 30 minutes on hold and never talked to a person. I gave up and called today, took 15 minutes to get a person. The customer service rep was polite and apologetic once I did get to discuss the problem.

Frank B

September 19th, 2019 Laurelton, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The cameras and the video door bell do not link up well with WiFi. The wait times for customer service is very long. Dogs under 50 lbs. set off the motion detectors despite the claims to the opposite. When you do get customer service they do try to help but the equipment is junk.

Desmond

August 26th, 2019 Flower Mound, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Setup is easy. They have special promotions for the equipment around holidays and offer a free indoor camera. By the time you compare the upfront costs of similar equipment with Frontpoint (whom I had for 10 years), the costs are not dissimilar. Frontpoint's equipment had issues. I've talked with Simplisafe customer service and had no issues with communication. Equipment works and I find the system easier than Fronpoint. The monthly cost of Simplisafe is less expensive. So far, so good.

Nate

August 26th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SimpliSafe system was spotty at best. System was unreliable, generally very unlikely you could arm remotely via your cell phone. When you call customer service they were usually at a loss. The unit base was replaced 3 separate times and the issue was they could simply not make it work. I would strongly recommend AGAINST anyone buying if you actually want a reliable smart security system.

Frank Ruffin

August 26th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For many years I was delighted by Simplisafe but these last 8 months it's been one problem after an other and hours wasted with various service persons. I have often been told that technical department is working on the issue( apparently blaming Apple IOS updates for the problem...) If the simply safe system is incompatible with Apple's new IOS customers need to be told.

Jeff

August 14th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a customer for almost 10 years. They have their issues but all and all have been pretty good. If you've seen my other reviews I am a stickler for good support. They don't have that. I also have had issues with their previous system, errors going dead but since upgrading to the new system I've not had as many. For the price and flexibility a great buy.

CLK RD

August 13th, 2019 New Castle, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm totally satisfied with my SimpliSafe system. It was so easy to install. Customer service is super friendly and quite helpful. They call very fast when an alarm trips. So far just it's just been me setting it off by accident. Totally recommend this system. It is priced reasonably and the monitoring is quite affordable.

Eric Slater

July 22nd, 2019 Omaha, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The system works fine but do not make any mistakes during the install or you will end up with dozens of false device entries on your account page with no way of deleting them. We bought this system for our home two years ago and have been trying to contact Support ever since, not once have they responded. You spend an average of 45 minutes waiting on hold just to be hung up on or told they can't do anything about the extra devices. We have sent emails every couple months or so to try and work through the issue that way as well, they don't even bother to respond. So the two stars are for the cost and ease of installation but their customer service is among the worst we have ever dealt with in any category. I do NOT recommend anyone purchase this system simply because they will never respond to any issue you ever have.

Woo

July 15th, 2019 Lake Forest, CA

First, Simplisafe is DIY(?)-like set-up system with the good phone customer support. If you're not used to putting some stuff/gadgets by yourself, then It will be a bit annoying. But it's so easy if you are following instruction. For me, personally this system worked so perfect. I don't like making appointments, waiting for technicians, people coming into my house and doing all stuff. And no contract, just monthly!!! I was looking for security company for my new home. I tried ADT first time but their sales representatives were all so aggressive, rushing and really forcing me to buy their plan. I don't like their contract period, the price for plan and so on. Even though I said to them I don't like ADT plan but they are so persistent, S~O~ hard to hang up on them. Anyhow, then I found Simplisafe through my research. I'm so 100% satisfied with them. They don't force you or give any pressure, but explain everything to all my questions. I got delivered all gadgets(sensors I ordered, fob key, etc.). But I couldn't set up right away - it took for a while (very busy and lazy... actually almost 3-4 mos, had the products in March and set up in July) for me to set up and call them to activate my alarms/sensors and plan. I called them to check my set up and activate my plan. Taphen(I'm not sure I got his name) was so patient and helped me go through all my set up. Also Simplisafe didn't forget me to give me the 1st month trial. I just love the Simplisafe and am glad to choose it.

Stephanie F

June 21st, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had SimpliSafe now for about 5 years and have always had good customer service. My system is the original one and I’ve never had a problem with any of the components except of course to change batteries. I pay for monitoring and I have had them call immediately when the alarm is triggered to make sure of whether I need police or not. I am completely happy with this service. Five stars

John

June 19th, 2019 Roseville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had this product for almost 2 years. The first year we had few problems. This year we have been having with dispatch connection and they can't seem to fix the problem. We are on our third base replacement and it is still not fixed. Calling the Tech Support office is a nightmare. You can't hear the person you are talking to because the office background is so loud. Vert frustrating.

Lawrence Tognetti

May 31st, 2019 Menlo Park, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have not ever received the alarm yet and it has been a terrible experience. I have called customer service 4 times to find out where my alarm is and I have gotten 3 different stories of where it may be and one answer after being on hold while trying to find it that they have to call me back. Needless to say, it been two days and no callback and still no evidence that the item has been shipped, but they have my money. My suggestion find a different company this on is not ready the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced

Bo Q

May 31st, 2019 Orangeburg, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I compared a few companies and decided to go with Simplisafe. Nothing but great things to say about them. Set up was a breeze, Alarm works as expected, Customer service gets 5 stars from me, Phone app is amazing. If you are looking for a security system, this is it.

Jorge larios

May 29th, 2019 Castro Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don't waste your money on this product My alarm when off no body send the police waste your money on this product Monitoring not working they told me they don't do the monitoring other companies are in charge

Hajismoker

May 22nd, 2019 Toledo, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy installation, friendly customer service. One of my cameras had an issue with the shutter. I called and it was replaced quickly. Plus no contract cancel anytime and start back up. I recommend simplisafe if you want an easy install and coverage.

Carlyn

May 13th, 2019 Desert Hot Springs, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SimpliSafe was easy to install. This is my alarm company for life now. I’ve had no problems with this system. The cameras were a little tricky to set up, but I was able to accomplish the task. I haven’t experienced false alarms and my pets wandering throughout my home doesn’t set the alarm off. The doorbell is an awesome feature. The few times I’ve spoken to the customer support center the staff is professional and respectful. I’ve only been called once from the dispatch center due to me accidentally pushing the test button on the smoke alarm. The response was amazingly fast. I suspect the bad reviews on this site are due more to user error rather then system errors.

Carl WALKER

May 6th, 2019 Universal City, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had SS for over 2 years and l can't say enough for them. Installation was a snap, they would even talk you thru it. Responce time is outstanding, and very patient about false alarms. You can't beat the $14.99 a month. System works great, and you can't ask for better support service. Thx SS.

George Bohar

May 2nd, 2019 Euclid, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have Simple Safe and It's working very good. It's keeping my house safe and it's working very good. It was very easy setting up and I wouldn't want anything else

Kay Lick

April 23rd, 2019 Belmont, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the motion sensors, cameras, and cellular system (cellular is included in the $24.99 price per month). ADT and other systems are twice as much and requires contracts. You own the equipment for a very low cost. Phone app can let anyone you want in house....no need to give out codes. The motion sensors can be adjusted for sensitivity. The camera was a little difficult to get set up but I was able to do it without assistance. And, it monitors whenever a sensor a sensor is set off and alerts you as well. If you don't like spending more than $300/year on contracted safety systems, I would highly recommend Simplisafe. The only thing I would change is to have several phone numbers that you can call rather than just two before calling police. But, in some ways, if you don't get through after two numbers, maybe it is time to call police. We have not had the endless false alarms that we had with ADT.

Thomas Teague

April 10th, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Useless. I had Vivint and it worked perfectly but was expensive so I tried Simplisafe, Setup ws a nightmare and when I called support after 21 minutes I talked with a customer service person. First thing she wanted to talk about was upgrading my system not discussing my problem. I told her I was trying the system before I upgraded. She continued to ask me about upgrading while trying to fix my problem. We never completely fixed the problem. I boxed up everything and set it back for a refund. I have yet to get the refund. This product is a great idea with very poor implementation. I am back at Vivint and know my house is safe again.

Rick Stevenson

April 9th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We were given a Simplisafe system as a house warming gift. We had been Protection One (now ADT) customers for over 21 years, but ADT refuses to honor Protection One's agreement to move your system components to your new home free of charge, so we left the system with the old home. The Simplisafe installation was a breeze using the easy to follow instructions. The fact that you can add devices a la carte, and easily install them yourself is a great benefit. The 2 times I used their customer service proved extremely helpful. Benjamin and Dominic answered my questions in a patient and professional manner, and the issues I had were resolved quickly. I suspect that the issues raised in the bad reviews on this site may be do to operator error, as I've experienced none of those issues. The system comes with a good guarantee -buy it, and see for yourself.

Greg

April 4th, 2019 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got our system a couple of weeks ago, only two live in the house I am in. It showed up in a nice little package and you knew exactly what it was. Started setting it up around 10 o'clock at night and finished by 11:30. I only have three problems with the system and one of them might not even be one. The first problem I did have was with the cameras, they tend to lose connection and will have to call costumer service, the other thing about them is personally I had a hard time setting them up, easily took the longest, it wouldn't read the QR code from my phone, but it did work eventually so maybe it was user error. The second problem I have with simplisafe is the "Pet friendly" motion sensor, we put it in our family room and without fail our 30 pound dog set it off, it should be rated to 50. So, we just moved it to the garage. The last problem (if that) I have is that we've set our alarm off a couple of times and it never went off for more than a minute, but I got a phone notification but no call, I don't know if it's supposed to go off for a minute first but it's something to look into. Other than those minor things I have had great service from the system, works every time and it is pretty sensitive, which for me is a good thing. The price seems very fair. The system was very easy to setup and left no holes, wires, or even adhesive (devices come off clean) on the walls. I would easily recommend this system to anyone who was looking. If you are looking for a "smart home" system, I'd stay away from simplisafe, however, it is simple, and that is perfect for me. If the problem with the cameras can get sorted out this will be a 5 star system.

Alan

March 15th, 2019 Huntsville, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zero stars would be more appropriate. After 5 false alarms and many other problems, I’ve had it with SimpliSafe; it’s tome to tell the world what a failure SimpliSafe is, cancel my service, and send the system-crap back for a refund. 1) it’s so simple that it is not secure or safe: after $800 worth of sensors, 5 don’t work: two of which keep giving us false alarms (the police no longer go to the house to check because SimpliSafe has cried wolf too many times). 2) setup forces users to use preselected names for sensors (e.g., patio door when we don’t have a patio and we already used back Door for the other door on our house) and provides no correlation between serial numbers and setup names ... makes it impossible to know which sensor(s) are being triggered. 3) if you don’t have internet or WiFi, they “say” it will work using a cell signal; but none of their customer service people know that your system is a cell-signal system ... they talk down to you like you are required to have internet and WiFi. 4) if you want two or more people to be able to monitor/arm/disarm the system, you have to share the same email and password (which is inherently insecure ... truly secure systems require unique, secret, private identity to be authenticated which means NO SHARED PASSWORDS can be allowed ... if a couple gets a divorce, the one kicked out of the house can legitimately wreak havoc in the other). 5) the base station firmware updates... remember the marketing people at SimpliSafe swore we could use the system without internet or WiFi ... actually, when our base station firmware was not compatible with the cell tower server, most of the SimpliSafe tech support was clueless that it was failing to connect because the firmware update was not loaded... after they figured that out, they shipped us a replacement base station assuming it would have updated firmware ... ... ... you guessed it, they don’t update firmware before shipping inventory from their warehouse ... after getting the second basestation (now 2 with the wrong firmware), I had to use the data plan on my cell phone to create a WiFi hotspot to download the firmware update ... jeez, why pay SimpliSafe when I’m working harder than they are? 6) now they have put more money in their founder’s pocket by subcontracting our the monitoring-call Service; since the monitoring call service toll free number was not on my contact for SimpliSafe, it looked like a scam/hacker/marketing call so I did not answer it (two weeks later they sent an email out telling people about the new number ... however, since the monitoring/call service does not have access to see what sensor(s) in your system is(are) triggered when the system alerts, they are useless to help decide if the police should be called... the SimpliSafe operations staff has been severely reduced, so there is now an hour wait to get someone online to diagnose if it’s an alert from one sensor gone bad (ie, a false alarm) or if many sensors are seeing a burglar go through your house and steal you blind. SimpliSafe might have been a good idea by a college student wanting security for his dorm room, but he has proven to be shallow and incompetent at maturing the idea into a real security solution.