SimpliSafe is a do-it-yourself security provider that offers basic security features, including burglary alarms, fire detectors, carbon monoxide sensors, freeze sensors, and flood sensors. SimpliSafe equipment can be ordered online and is customer-owned after purchase, with packages ranging from $229 to $489. SimpliSafe offers one of the lowest monthly monitoring fees in the industry, with monthly fees starting at $14.99 per month. The company uses cellular signal monitoring through COPS Monitoring Service, a CSAA-certified central monitoring station. SimpliSafe is one of the only home security providers that does not attach a contract to any of its equipment.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Low Monthly Fees
  • Industry Innovations
  • No Contract or Moving Fees
  • 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • "Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices
  • 100% Wireless Equipment
  • Free and Easy Installation Process
  • Purchase Online

Low Monthly Fees

SimpliSafe's low monthly fees and absence of a contract are clear standouts in the security industry. The company's highest monitoring package ("Interactive") only comes in at $24.99, far below most professional security providers' most affordable option. The most typical monitoring package is priced at $14.99 per month.

Industry Innovations

Recently, more home security companies are hopping on the wagon of do-it-yourself systems, but SimpliSafe has been doing it for years. Recently, SimpliSafe has also redesigned its system to look more sleek and attractive. Sensors including motion detectors, window sensors, door sensors, security cameras, and even the wireless keypad control panel have gotten a makeover. You can also arm and disarm your alarm system through the SimpliSafe app on your mobile phone, along with view Simplisafe camera footage.

No Contract or Moving Fees

Something truly remarkable about SimpliSafe's price structure is that it does not attach contracts to its equipment; all customers pay on a month-to-month basis and can cancel at any time without penalty. Basically, no long-term contracts, unlike most home security companies. Moving your alarm system is simple and easy.

60-Day Money-Back Guarantee

In addition, SimpliSafe customers have 60 days to try out equipment and if unsatisfied, can return it to SimpliSafe for a full refund plus return shipping costs. As 30 days is considered a great guarantee in this industry, a 60-day guarantee truly stands out.

"Brain" and Keypad are Separate Devices

For an added layer of safety, the "brain" of SimpliSafe's system is located in a device separate from the keypad. If burglars destroy the beeping keypad, the brain will quietly alert the monitoring center.

100% Wireless Equipment

Because the SimpliSafe system is 100 percent wireless, no hard wiring or drilling is required. This is an appealing feature for renters and apartment owners, and also contributes to the aforementioned lack of moving fees. Equipment is as follows:

• Wireless keypad
  • Window sensors
  • Panic button
  • Freeze sensors

Free and Easy Installation Process

The free and easy installation process can also be completed without assistance and, in most cases, takes less than 15 minutes. Once the system and sensors are in a place, an alarm will sound whenever the control panel is armed and sensors detect burglars breaking in.

Purchase Online

SimpliSafe's equipment and monitoring services can be purchased on its website, eliminating the need to interact with often-pushy security salesmen.

The Bad

• Upfront Equipment Costs
  • Basic Security Equipment
  • Three-Year Warranty

Upfront Equipment Costs

As with most do-it-yourself solutions, SimpliSafe requires consumers to buy equipment upfront. This can cost anywhere from $229 to $489. Fortunately, SimpliSafe offers five package options to fit a variety of budgets and needs. Also important to note: you own this equipment forever after purchasing. Regardless, this price amounts to years of monitoring service from other top-rated alarm companies.

Basic Security Equipment

SimpliSafe equipment is extremely basic in both looks and functionality. The company doesn't offer touchscreen equipment or basic home automation services such as remote door locks, smart lighting/appliances, smart temperature control, and so on. However, video surveillance is available but requires a WiFi connection. Despite SimpliSafe's sleek new design and mobile app interface, the company needs to catch up to home automation trends, not just freeze sensors and motion detectors.

Three-Year Warranty

With SimpliSafe, you're getting basic, no-bells-and-whistles security equipment. And it's all covered with a three-year warranty, as opposed to the lifetime warranty many other providers offer. Most security systems from other companies will offer a lifetime warranty, so it's unfortunate to see SimpliSafe limiting their security systems to only three years.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

If you're looking for a basic do-it-yourself security option for a reasonable price, SimpliSafe is a viable option. And if you're a renter who doesn't want to hardwire a security system or pay a fee each time you move, SimpliSafe is a solid solution. But if you're looking for cutting-edge technology and want to turn your house into a "smart home," SimpliSafe is not the answer. There are plenty of other alarm companies who offer those services but expect them with higher prices and strict long-term contracts. Read Simplisafe reviews below before making your final decision.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.8

CD
October 7th, 2019 Whiteland, IN DETAILS

It is as advertised - easy to install. But, customer service leaves you on hold forever. If you don’t use there monitoring the base unit flashes bright blue non stop- might as well leave your front door standing open. It is a signal that your not linked to a call center and are open for a burglary. Even though u own equipment u must use only their monitoring- no other option.

Bill D.
October 7th, 2019 Frankenmuth, MI DETAILS

Customer service is terrible, expect long wait times on the phone to talk to a customer service rep. Motion detectors fail after 3-4 years- false alarms. We've had to replace 2 so far (covered under warranty) but had to argue with customer service to get replacements. Last night I waited over 30 minutes on hold and never talked to a person. I gave up and called today, took 15 minutes to get a person. The customer service rep was polite and apologetic once I did get to discuss the problem.

Frank B
September 19th, 2019 Laurelton, NJ DETAILS

The cameras and the video door bell do not link up well with WiFi. The wait times for customer service is very long. Dogs under 50 lbs. set off the motion detectors despite the claims to the opposite. When you do get customer service they do try to help but the equipment is junk.

Desmond
August 26th, 2019 Flower Mound, TX DETAILS

Setup is easy. They have special promotions for the equipment around holidays and offer a free indoor camera. By the time you compare the upfront costs of similar equipment with Frontpoint (whom I had for 10 years), the costs are not dissimilar. Frontpoint's equipment had issues. I've talked with Simplisafe customer service and had no issues with communication. Equipment works and I find the system easier than Fronpoint. The monthly cost of Simplisafe is less expensive. So far, so good.

Nate
August 26th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

SimpliSafe system was spotty at best. System was unreliable, generally very unlikely you could arm remotely via your cell phone. When you call customer service they were usually at a loss. The unit base was replaced 3 separate times and the issue was they could simply not make it work. I would strongly recommend AGAINST anyone buying if you actually want a reliable smart security system.

Frank Ruffin
August 26th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

For many years I was delighted by Simplisafe but these last 8 months it's been one problem after an other and hours wasted with various service persons. I have often been told that technical department is working on the issue( apparently blaming Apple IOS updates for the problem...) If the simply safe system is incompatible with Apple's new IOS customers need to be told.

Jeff
August 14th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I've been a customer for almost 10 years. They have their issues but all and all have been pretty good. If you've seen my other reviews I am a stickler for good support. They don't have that. I also have had issues with their previous system, errors going dead but since upgrading to the new system I've not had as many. For the price and flexibility a great buy.

CLK RD
August 13th, 2019 New Castle, VA DETAILS

I'm totally satisfied with my SimpliSafe system. It was so easy to install. Customer service is super friendly and quite helpful. They call very fast when an alarm trips. So far just it's just been me setting it off by accident. Totally recommend this system. It is priced reasonably and the monitoring is quite affordable.

Greg
July 24th, 2019 Surprise, AZ DETAILS

I purchased this system a few months ago after all of the advertising hype. I set it all up and had great results; that is, with the exception of the door bell camera. I have called on this several occasions and as disclosed the wait time on the phone is excessive. When I finally did get an answer the lady told me to simply reinstall the bell. After several of these ridiculous disclosures. I asked when I was out of country on a business trip if I had to fly home and reset the unit? I was beyond upset. What an absolute waste of money and time. I will now go and buy a ring door bell as this company is of NO value when it comes to customer service. They also sent me a booster for the wifi, which also proved useless. If you purchase this system stay away from the door bell camera it is without a doubt a piece of trash.... perhaps good for recycling. I can't understand why anyone would put their professional name behind this company. I called again today and have been on hold for a half an hour. What a pure waste.

Eric Slater
July 22nd, 2019 Omaha, NE DETAILS

The system works fine but do not make any mistakes during the install or you will end up with dozens of false device entries on your account page with no way of deleting them. We bought this system for our home two years ago and have been trying to contact Support ever since, not once have they responded. You spend an average of 45 minutes waiting on hold just to be hung up on or told they can't do anything about the extra devices. We have sent emails every couple months or so to try and work through the issue that way as well, they don't even bother to respond. So the two stars are for the cost and ease of installation but their customer service is among the worst we have ever dealt with in any category. I do NOT recommend anyone purchase this system simply because they will never respond to any issue you ever have.

Woo
July 15th, 2019 Lake Forest, CA

First, Simplisafe is DIY(?)-like set-up system with the good phone customer support. If you're not used to putting some stuff/gadgets by yourself, then It will be a bit annoying. But it's so easy if you are following instruction. For me, personally this system worked so perfect. I don't like making appointments, waiting for technicians, people coming into my house and doing all stuff. And no contract, just monthly!!! I was looking for security company for my new home. I tried ADT first time but their sales representatives were all so aggressive, rushing and really forcing me to buy their plan. I don't like their contract period, the price for plan and so on. Even though I said to them I don't like ADT plan but they are so persistent, S~O~ hard to hang up on them. Anyhow, then I found Simplisafe through my research. I'm so 100% satisfied with them. They don't force you or give any pressure, but explain everything to all my questions. I got delivered all gadgets(sensors I ordered, fob key, etc.). But I couldn't set up right away - it took for a while (very busy and lazy... actually almost 3-4 mos, had the products in March and set up in July) for me to set up and call them to activate my alarms/sensors and plan. I called them to check my set up and activate my plan. Taphen(I'm not sure I got his name) was so patient and helped me go through all my set up. Also Simplisafe didn't forget me to give me the 1st month trial. I just love the Simplisafe and am glad to choose it.

Stephanie F
June 21st, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

Have had SimpliSafe now for about 5 years and have always had good customer service. My system is the original one and I’ve never had a problem with any of the components except of course to change batteries. I pay for monitoring and I have had them call immediately when the alarm is triggered to make sure of whether I need police or not. I am completely happy with this service. Five stars

John
June 19th, 2019 Roseville, CA DETAILS

I had this product for almost 2 years. The first year we had few problems. This year we have been having with dispatch connection and they can't seem to fix the problem. We are on our third base replacement and it is still not fixed. Calling the Tech Support office is a nightmare. You can't hear the person you are talking to because the office background is so loud. Vert frustrating.

Lawrence Tognetti
May 31st, 2019 Menlo Park, CA DETAILS

I have not ever received the alarm yet and it has been a terrible experience. I have called customer service 4 times to find out where my alarm is and I have gotten 3 different stories of where it may be and one answer after being on hold while trying to find it that they have to call me back. Needless to say, it been two days and no callback and still no evidence that the item has been shipped, but they have my money. My suggestion find a different company this on is not ready the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced

Bo Q
May 31st, 2019 Orangeburg, NY DETAILS

I compared a few companies and decided to go with Simplisafe. Nothing but great things to say about them. Set up was a breeze, Alarm works as expected, Customer service gets 5 stars from me, Phone app is amazing. If you are looking for a security system, this is it.

Jorge larios
May 29th, 2019 Castro Valley, CA DETAILS

Don't waste your money on this product My alarm when off no body send the police waste your money on this product Monitoring not working they told me they don't do the monitoring other companies are in charge

Hajismoker
May 22nd, 2019 Toledo, OH DETAILS

Easy installation, friendly customer service. One of my cameras had an issue with the shutter. I called and it was replaced quickly. Plus no contract cancel anytime and start back up. I recommend simplisafe if you want an easy install and coverage.

Carlyn
May 13th, 2019 Desert Hot Springs, CA DETAILS

SimpliSafe was easy to install. This is my alarm company for life now. I’ve had no problems with this system. The cameras were a little tricky to set up, but I was able to accomplish the task. I haven’t experienced false alarms and my pets wandering throughout my home doesn’t set the alarm off. The doorbell is an awesome feature. The few times I’ve spoken to the customer support center the staff is professional and respectful. I’ve only been called once from the dispatch center due to me accidentally pushing the test button on the smoke alarm. The response was amazingly fast. I suspect the bad reviews on this site are due more to user error rather then system errors.

Carl WALKER
May 6th, 2019 Universal City, TX DETAILS

Have had SS for over 2 years and l can't say enough for them. Installation was a snap, they would even talk you thru it. Responce time is outstanding, and very patient about false alarms. You can't beat the $14.99 a month. System works great, and you can't ask for better support service. Thx SS.

George Bohar
May 2nd, 2019 Euclid, OH DETAILS

I have Simple Safe and It's working very good. It's keeping my house safe and it's working very good. It was very easy setting up and I wouldn't want anything else

Kay Lick
April 23rd, 2019 Belmont, CA DETAILS

I like the motion sensors, cameras, and cellular system (cellular is included in the $24.99 price per month). ADT and other systems are twice as much and requires contracts. You own the equipment for a very low cost. Phone app can let anyone you want in house....no need to give out codes. The motion sensors can be adjusted for sensitivity. The camera was a little difficult to get set up but I was able to do it without assistance. And, it monitors whenever a sensor a sensor is set off and alerts you as well. If you don't like spending more than $300/year on contracted safety systems, I would highly recommend Simplisafe. The only thing I would change is to have several phone numbers that you can call rather than just two before calling police. But, in some ways, if you don't get through after two numbers, maybe it is time to call police. We have not had the endless false alarms that we had with ADT.

Thomas Teague
April 10th, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS

Useless. I had Vivint and it worked perfectly but was expensive so I tried Simplisafe, Setup ws a nightmare and when I called support after 21 minutes I talked with a customer service person. First thing she wanted to talk about was upgrading my system not discussing my problem. I told her I was trying the system before I upgraded. She continued to ask me about upgrading while trying to fix my problem. We never completely fixed the problem. I boxed up everything and set it back for a refund. I have yet to get the refund. This product is a great idea with very poor implementation. I am back at Vivint and know my house is safe again.

Rick Stevenson
April 9th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

We were given a Simplisafe system as a house warming gift. We had been Protection One (now ADT) customers for over 21 years, but ADT refuses to honor Protection One's agreement to move your system components to your new home free of charge, so we left the system with the old home. The Simplisafe installation was a breeze using the easy to follow instructions. The fact that you can add devices a la carte, and easily install them yourself is a great benefit. The 2 times I used their customer service proved extremely helpful. Benjamin and Dominic answered my questions in a patient and professional manner, and the issues I had were resolved quickly. I suspect that the issues raised in the bad reviews on this site may be do to operator error, as I've experienced none of those issues. The system comes with a good guarantee -buy it, and see for yourself.

Greg
April 4th, 2019 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS

We got our system a couple of weeks ago, only two live in the house I am in. It showed up in a nice little package and you knew exactly what it was. Started setting it up around 10 o'clock at night and finished by 11:30. I only have three problems with the system and one of them might not even be one. The first problem I did have was with the cameras, they tend to lose connection and will have to call costumer service, the other thing about them is personally I had a hard time setting them up, easily took the longest, it wouldn't read the QR code from my phone, but it did work eventually so maybe it was user error. The second problem I have with simplisafe is the "Pet friendly" motion sensor, we put it in our family room and without fail our 30 pound dog set it off, it should be rated to 50. So, we just moved it to the garage. The last problem (if that) I have is that we've set our alarm off a couple of times and it never went off for more than a minute, but I got a phone notification but no call, I don't know if it's supposed to go off for a minute first but it's something to look into. Other than those minor things I have had great service from the system, works every time and it is pretty sensitive, which for me is a good thing. The price seems very fair. The system was very easy to setup and left no holes, wires, or even adhesive (devices come off clean) on the walls. I would easily recommend this system to anyone who was looking. If you are looking for a "smart home" system, I'd stay away from simplisafe, however, it is simple, and that is perfect for me. If the problem with the cameras can get sorted out this will be a 5 star system.

Alan
March 15th, 2019 Huntsville, AL DETAILS

Zero stars would be more appropriate. After 5 false alarms and many other problems, I’ve had it with SimpliSafe; it’s tome to tell the world what a failure SimpliSafe is, cancel my service, and send the system-crap back for a refund. 1) it’s so simple that it is not secure or safe: after $800 worth of sensors, 5 don’t work: two of which keep giving us false alarms (the police no longer go to the house to check because SimpliSafe has cried wolf too many times). 2) setup forces users to use preselected names for sensors (e.g., patio door when we don’t have a patio and we already used back Door for the other door on our house) and provides no correlation between serial numbers and setup names ... makes it impossible to know which sensor(s) are being triggered. 3) if you don’t have internet or WiFi, they “say” it will work using a cell signal; but none of their customer service people know that your system is a cell-signal system ... they talk down to you like you are required to have internet and WiFi. 4) if you want two or more people to be able to monitor/arm/disarm the system, you have to share the same email and password (which is inherently insecure ... truly secure systems require unique, secret, private identity to be authenticated which means NO SHARED PASSWORDS can be allowed ... if a couple gets a divorce, the one kicked out of the house can legitimately wreak havoc in the other). 5) the base station firmware updates... remember the marketing people at SimpliSafe swore we could use the system without internet or WiFi ... actually, when our base station firmware was not compatible with the cell tower server, most of the SimpliSafe tech support was clueless that it was failing to connect because the firmware update was not loaded... after they figured that out, they shipped us a replacement base station assuming it would have updated firmware ... ... ... you guessed it, they don’t update firmware before shipping inventory from their warehouse ... after getting the second basestation (now 2 with the wrong firmware), I had to use the data plan on my cell phone to create a WiFi hotspot to download the firmware update ... jeez, why pay SimpliSafe when I’m working harder than they are? 6) now they have put more money in their founder’s pocket by subcontracting our the monitoring-call Service; since the monitoring call service toll free number was not on my contact for SimpliSafe, it looked like a scam/hacker/marketing call so I did not answer it (two weeks later they sent an email out telling people about the new number ... however, since the monitoring/call service does not have access to see what sensor(s) in your system is(are) triggered when the system alerts, they are useless to help decide if the police should be called... the SimpliSafe operations staff has been severely reduced, so there is now an hour wait to get someone online to diagnose if it’s an alert from one sensor gone bad (ie, a false alarm) or if many sensors are seeing a burglar go through your house and steal you blind. SimpliSafe might have been a good idea by a college student wanting security for his dorm room, but he has proven to be shallow and incompetent at maturing the idea into a real security solution.

Tara Cummins
February 19th, 2019 Klamath Falls, OR DETAILS

SimpliSafe Home Security review On 7/31/2018 I upgraded an existing system we had from SimpliSafe, from a solicitation to upgrade for a reduced price by returning our old system. We purchased a camera as part of the package but could not get it to work. The cameras did not work and we switched out at least 5 of them. Two worked for about a week and then went off line and could not be reconnected. I have spent at least at least 648 minutes (which is 10.8 HOURS) over a minimum of 28 phone calls to rectify the situation. It took an act of congress to receive $59.40 refund for the non-functioning camera. I finally became so frustrated I cancelled both our personal and business accounts. We asked for a refund on the system, Simplisafe refused stating the order was over 60 days. This was over sixty days because we kept trying to get the camera to work and Simplisafe continued to insist we replace the camera. I spent hours trying to get this to work from August through the end of November and then waited months to receive the refund after many LONG phone calls being told it was being refunded and then excuse after excuse of why it had not been refunded. I would have given up trying to get the $59.40 back but it is the principal. How many people have the stolen money from? People who just give up because you really have little reasonable options. I want to return the system and receive a full refund.

Buttons61
February 14th, 2019 Wilson, NC DETAILS

Equipment does not function as advertised. The motion sensors went off when our 60 lb. dog walked through the room. (which caused false alarm fines in the county that we live in!). Customer service was horrible. Returned our system for a refund. They had our system for almost a month before they refunded our $350.00! Would NOT recommend this company. Cheaper is certainly not better when it comes to your family's protection.

Richard
January 31st, 2019 Germantown, TN DETAILS

I bought into the system three years ago. Expanded it over the house. It was simple to set up and easy to operate. When I had a minor clitch, I could call customer service and get it solved. Then one day the entire system went down. Called customer service, every thing we tried would not bring it up. I kept saying it was the keypad, but Simple Safe tech on telephone kept saying it was not. I finally got frustrated after three weeks of nothing being done, canceled my subscription, and gave all the sensors, smoke alarm, telephone cone away to someone who had the service. Weeks later, he told me the key pad was no good and that was the problem. I went with ADT.

Tom
January 24th, 2019 Myrtle Beach, SC DETAILS

Got the basic system a few weeks ago and am very pleased. Ordered sensors for the windows and they shipped the wrong ones. Called support and in less then 10 minutes they had the correct sensors being shipped and e-mailed me a shipping label to send the wrong ones back. Very pleased with them.

Michael Wolfe
January 17th, 2019 Birdsboro, PA DETAILS

Very easy to install and get working, it took me a half hour. Video Doorbell and indoor cameras work very well and indoor camera doubles as motion sensor. No outdoor camera available and app is basic. Got 5 motion sensors, two water, camera and doorbell for less than $500. Simple solution for dogs and cats with motion sensors. Good customer service. Good value for the money.

Travis Woll
September 24th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

System is user friendly but if anything goes wrong forget about customer service. I’ve been on the phone now for 1 hour and 45 min. I’ve spoke to someone for 5 min who put me on a “brief hold”.

StarDog2
August 27th, 2018 Springfield, IL DETAILS

I'm pretty happy with SimpliSafe3 overall. I bought my system after our house was invaded while we were asleep. Yes there is an upfront cost for equipment, but that monthly fee is much lower than the competition. And if you don't want any monitoring, just an alarm system, that's ok with them. We had some trouble with our cat setting off the motion detectors, but the customer service was first rate and the User's forum was also good in helping figure out my motion detector's placement. A key fob was included in the package I bought, but we bought an extra one so my wife and I could each have one. We stopped using them, we found them much to easy to accidentally arm the system. We upgraded to the phone monitoring and we now use our smartphones to arm/disarm remotely. The key fob is useful if you have someone housesitting, but I would not spend anything for an extra one.

Sharon
August 1st, 2018 Moreno Valley, CA DETAILS

Horrible customer service! Equipment only held up a year, constant errors and hours of haggling to replace under warranty. They are definitely on their way out!

Kathy
July 30th, 2018 Millbrook, AL DETAILS

I have had a basic system for over 1 year. The system functions great most of the time! But, beware if your system malfunctions after 12:00am (eastern)- actually Customer Service will not answer after about 11:45pm. You are unprotected, and have no recourse until Customer Service reopens in the morning. This is not 24/7 protection.

Chris Kruk
July 2nd, 2018 Granger, IN DETAILS

This system is the best handsfree gadget I have in my house. Only minor maintenance needed (change keyboard/ siren) batteries once a year and good to go. Set it, forget it.....no bs, no problems, does the job and monitoring is inexpensive. An area that everyone else screws you. Owned and operated at my house going on 6 years. 9.5!!!!!

Raul
June 25th, 2018 Caldwell, ID DETAILS

Components are average. Already the camera does not record despite being on the phone with simplisafe on 3 occasions for at least one hour each time in order to fix this issue. The 2nd time they told me they would contact their supervisor and would call me back in 3 days. No call back. When I finally called back, they had no idea what I was talking about. Had to go through the same questions and process again, still could not get the camera to record. Sensors always give me an error reading. 2 stars because it’s better than nothing I guess.

D Diamond
June 14th, 2018 West Jordan, UT DETAILS

Customer service after you’re a “customer” is a joke! I don’t know if they are really even monitoring my system. My adult children have come over while I’m not home (helping with animals or yard chores) and have set it off, forgot the code, called me to get it in order to turn off the alarm. My settings are set to be called immediately but I have not once received a call, no police, nothing!! You have to wait 40+ mins to speak to someone and that’s IF they’re open. Yes, the alarm company actually closes!! Put your money elsewhere!! Their “system” is a loud noise that hopefully makes intruders leave.

Charles Meves
April 23rd, 2018 New Holstein, WI DETAILS

The price is reasonable and it's easy to install. I purchased Simplisafe and am totally satisfied. A great product and easy for anyone to use. I recommend the product for anyone who wants a simple, secure system.

chris murphy
April 20th, 2018 Ithaca, NY DETAILS

Simplisafe has very fair pricing with no pricing games. Other companies may offer installed security systems at very low prices (prices below their cost) but they charge much higher prices each month for monitoring. Also, if you add components to other systems, their prices for individual sensors are much higher than Simplisafe. They hook you with a low price, and then stick it to you. Simplisafe charges a fair price for the components initially, and if you want to add anything later, you pay that same fair price. Other companies may offer a lifetime warranty versus Simplisafe's 3 year warranty, but you are actually paying for that lifetime warranty in higher monitoring charges every month. Another company might charge only $250 for a system comparable to what Simplisafe would charge $500 for, but the other company will charge $20 more each month until the end of time. After 13 months you come out ahead with Simplisafe. Say that after a year you want to add three glassbreak detectors. Simplisafe will charge about $105. Other companies will charge about $210. So between monitoring and a few extra sensors, after three years you've spent a total of $1145. With another company you would have spent about $1720. So your warranty has expired, big deal, even if every single component failed after3 years and 2 months, you would have saved enough with Simpisafe to throw it all out and buy everything new and still come out ahead of the competition. But it won't fail after 3 years. Most of the components will last many years beyond the 3 year warranty. You'll have to change batteries, but electronic devices with no moving parts that don't fail in the first 3 years are likely to last for many many years. I got my first Simplisafe system AFTER my vacation home was burglarized and vandalized. While the guy was out on bail, he tried to break in again, but the Simplisafe system scared him off after he got the door open. I had trouble with my furnace that nobody could seem to fix. I can't tell you how many tens of thousands of dollars of damage were prevented by that Simplisafe low temperature sensor. Don't leave your home without a security system! I can't imagine why they don;t offer natural gas/propane sensors and CO sensors. Home automation is cool and handy, but it's fine to leave that part of the market to the guys who charge the big bucks, but gas sensors and CO sensors can save a building or a life. I trust that they'll be adding those sensors in the future (and I'll be able to add them to my system at a very reasonable cost. Ok, I have one more beef with them. I'm now buying my third system. Who knows how many people bought systems based on my recommendations. But I still don't get a discount on my system.

Don Lowe
March 29th, 2018 Indianola, IA DETAILS

The system was easy to install, they don't have heat detectors for my garage area but systems works ok. The HUGE problem no one has addressed is that you can arm the system with a door open and does not alert you. This happened when one of my Grand children left a basement door open. Customer support says there is no setting to change so this cant happen again.

FRANCISCO PEREZ
March 21st, 2018 Indio, CA DETAILS

I HAVE THE LATEST SIMPLY SAFE SS3 SYSTEM ALONG WITH THE INDOOR CAMERA AND IT WORK FLAWLESS ALSO HAVE THE INTERACTIVE PLAN FOR MONITORING ANOTHER THING I LIKE IS THAT THEY USED C.O.P.S MONITORING IN WHICH THEY RESPOND RIGHT AWAY TO ALARMS AND ALSO THEY OFFER 6 DISPACTH CENTERS AROUND THE UNITED STATES PRICE WISE COMPARE TO ADT IS MUCH CHEAPER I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND SIMPLY SAFE TO WHO EVER WANTS AND ALARM SYSTEM FOR MY AREA IM USING THE VERIZON CELLULAR MODULE SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Althea Farley
March 19th, 2018 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

I have had my system for 2 years and am pleased with the service. Customer service is great and have been personable and competent the two times I called them.

Leigh Karchner
March 7th, 2018 New Port Richey, FL DETAILS

We've had our system for just under 3 weeks and since then, this company announced it was distancing itself from the NRA and would be discontinuing all discounts to NRA supporters. That in itself is discrimination but not they are not answering questions or concerns we have about this system or their unfair business practices. I've sent several emails and posted to their Facebook page without response. Here is the latest: "Your lack of response to customer's questions about distancing yourself from the NRA and discontinuing the discounts is certainly discrimination against NRA supporters. It's disgusting. Guns don't kill people........... people kill people and you are penalizing and punishing a huge sector of your clientele (and future clientele) that hasn't done anything wrong. Do you think these crazies that committed these horrible acts are NRA supporters? I very seriously doubt it. If that's the case then all the murders committed on a daily basis in Chicago, Baltimore, L.A., and other crime-laden cities run by liberals is also the NRA's fault? Perhaps THAT is blamed on NRA supporters too? That's insanity. Criminals don't support gun laws, don't buy guns legally, and could give two hoots about any of us that support the 2nd Amendment or the NRA. SimpliSafe should be working with the NRA to help protect Americans from crime rather than against it. As usual with liberals, your logic is twisted and totally anti-American." Businesses like this one should never put themselves into the middle of a political issue and/or public debate, particularly if they are unwilling or unable to justify their actions. In this case, I no longer feel I can trust the safety and security of my home and family to a company that does not back my Constitutional rights under the 2nd Amendment. I have requested an RMA and prepaid shipping label to return our system under their 60 day returns policy and all I receive from them are canned email responses that do not answer or address my questions or concerns. I cannot in good conscience recommend this company for that reason alone, politics aside.

dean
March 7th, 2018 New Paris, OH DETAILS

They offer a Verizon card if the T-Mobile one doesn't have a good signal. We have had a system for about three years and are completely satisfied. We have never had a problem that wasn't solved (thus the knowledge of the Verizon card). Have had quick response when needed. What some people need to realize is that customer service representatives aren't always able to stop dealing with other customers to answer their call. Maybe I've had to wait but they have always addressed and fixed every situation we've had. EVERY time we've had an alarm, the alarm center has responded within SECONDS!! To me, THAT is what counts, not how quick customer service is. Would get another system in a heartbeat

Lee Davis
March 6th, 2018 Oceanside, CA DETAILS

From day one after following their easy installation instructions we have had excellent service. Any issues we're addressed by Simplisafe quickly. The best part is being able to check the status of my alarm on my smart phone. Now we're are looking into a new Simplisafe system for our store, too.

gary
March 5th, 2018 Deltona, FL DETAILS

Bought their special around Christmas. They kept selling, but they quit supporting for a little too long. No answer to voice mails, no answer to email. A TOTAL breakdown and, from a security company TOTALLY unacceptable. I wonder how many new customers were left TOTALLY unprotected while they were down. I thought this was a good company. That changed very quickly.

R.
February 28th, 2018 Jamestown, NY DETAILS

I had no problems with the system after they switched out the module in the main station. I quit SimplySafe because of their position regarding the NRA. I don't agree with everything the NRA says, but for Simply Safe to dump them was strictly a political decision because they were afraid they would lose customers....guess what?>. They did....but for the opposite reason! How can a company that's concerned about home security take a position like that? Sorry, but that's my position!

Randy
February 26th, 2018 Middleton, WI DETAILS

Bad experience, as the system was constantly giving us errors even though we set everything up properly. Would work fine for a few days, and then a random error would pop up with one of the sensors even though we didn't do anything to trigger it, move any sensor, or prompt the error. Spent waaaaaay too much time on the phone with them with super long hold times (20-30 mins). A new version of system came out right after we bought ours unfortunately for us.

DD
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

A new model came out not too long after I bought mine. They refused to upgrade me.

Mark
February 9th, 2018 Newport News, VA DETAILS

This system may only have the "basic" security when it come to equipment, but the sensors, keypads, base station, and accessories are robust in build. And the system is very reliable! Not even to mention the customer service and support with a hart of gold! In my opinion, "SimplySafe" is, quite simply, the biggest bang for your buck when it come to affordable, portable home security.