Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Protect America provides self-installed home security systems, GPS, monitoring services, and automation solutions, and has serviced nearly half a million homes since 1992.

Protect America's monthly fees range from $19.99 to $42.99, and the company provides free equipment with its security services, including a control panel, motion detectors, door sensors, and window sensors.

With an exceptionally low monthly monitoring fee, free equipment, and no upfront fees, Protect America is the leading home security company in the industry. The company has the highest overall rating in the home security industry on BestCompany.com as well as a quality star rating from consumers.

Protect America is one of the most trusted and high-quality security solutions we've seen. Read the company highlights and see Protect America reviews from real consumers below.

Click Here to Read Protect America Reviews

The Good

• Protect America Cost
  • DIY Installation
  • Home Automation Features
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Variety of Home Security Packages
  • 24/7 Video Monitoring
  • Industry Experience
  • Protect America Reviews

Protect America Cost

Protect America's monthly fee ranges from $19.99$41.99. With these prices, the yearly cost ranges from $239–$503. Protect America's complete cost over the course of the 36-month contract ranges from $719–$1,511.

This price includes 24/7 monitoring, no installation or equipment fees, a price match guarantee, and a locked-in rate. Customers who purchase Protect America's basic home security package will pay $19.99 per month, and customers who purchase the more advanced package with cellular monitoring and remote access to their system will pay $41.99 per month.

The higher cost for the cellular monitoring is due to the increased services and features (such as remote control of a security camera, real-time alerts from motion sensors, and other home automation features) that are not available with landline monitoring only.

$41.99 per month for added features and cellular monitoring is still a competitive price and one of the most affordable offers in the market.

Compared to other do-it-yourself solutions, Protect America prices are very low. Most self-installed security system companies offering free equipment simply make you pay for it in the form of high-cost monthly monitoring services. This isn't the case with Protect America.

Free Protect America Equipment

While other home security system companies offer free equipment, few match Protect America in both the quantity and quality of the free equipment. Protect America equipment cost is absolutely free and includes the following with most of its packages:

• 1 control panel
  • 3 door and window sensors
  • 1 motion detector

The free door and window sensors have a five-year battery life and can be quickly and easily self-installed. The wireless sensors have a horizontal coverage range of 25 feet and can detect movement by intelligently sensing head emissions. They are pet-friendly, ignoring movement from objects 40 pounds or less.

Protect America equipment cost is completely free and is known for its high quality, beating out the majority of the home security company's competitors.

No Installation Fees

Unlike many other home security companies, Protect America does not charge installation fees. When you sign up for their services, you don't have to risk a burglar targeting your home before you can afford the cost of home security installation. You can get Protect America's protection right away.

Money-Back Guarantee

Protect America offers a 15-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This gives customers time to test out the company's service and its security system before fully committing to the contract.

DIY Installation

Protect America's home security system is a do-it-yourself solution that takes less than one hour to set up. DIY security systems are convenient because it allows consumers to skip pricey and lengthy professional installations.

Many home security providers require costly professional installation and can take weeks to set up a date and time that works with the customer's schedule. Customers are also likely to be more familiar with the security equipment since they are the ones setting it up.

Many Protect America reviews below reference the quick and simple installation as a major benefit and relief.

Home Automation Features

At less than $20 per month, you typically shouldn't expect your home security package to include home automation features; however, Protect America does include wireless control options.

Through the company's app, customers are able to view camera footage and control their security system, door locks (additional equipment cost) and lights/appliances (additional equipment cost) from a smartphone. Here is a breakdown of Protect America's home automation options:

Protect America Mobile App

Protect America's mobile app gives you control of your home security system from anywhere. From monitoring your entry points and controlling your appliances (garage door, thermostat, lights, and other appliances) to getting 24/7 access to live video of your home, you can stay apprised of your home security at all times and manage your security system with ease.

The app also sends notifications of any security alerts you need to be aware of, such as suspicious activity or system malfunction.

August Smart Lock Pro

The August Lock is a smart lock you can control and monitor from anywhere at any time with the Protect America app. The door lock works with single cylinder deadbolts and similar to other Protect America security equipment, you can easily install it yourself within minutes.

With Protect America's door sensor and smart door lock, you never have to worry about someone entering your home through the door without you knowing, and you don't have to panic when you forget to lock the door; you can track any activity at your doorstep and remotely lock and secure your door immediately with the Protect America app.

This also means you don't have to carry around a home key because you have access to keyless entry with your smart lock. The August Smart Lock Pro is also compatible with Siri, Alexa, and the Google Assistant, so you can use any of these devices to control your smart lock that way if you prefer. Additionally, the August Lock works with Z-Wave Plus systems as well as Bluetooth.

Linear Garage Door Controller

Through the use of your Protect America app or your security system panel, you can remotely open and close your sectional garage door. This makes it simple to come and go quickly and ensures you can close or open the garage door while away from home. Your home never has to be left unprotected.

Z-Wave Light and Appliance Module

The Z-Wave technology module allows you to turn the lights on and off throughout your home as well as dim them. You can do this through the Protect America app or through a web browser. This wireless control gives your home automation more functionality and increased customization.

Amazon Echo Dot Integration

Protect America's home security system is compatible with the Amazon Echo Dot, which enables you to control your Protect America home automation features with the use of your Amazon Echo.

Few home security companies provide such compatibility and universality when it comes to integrating existing home automation equipment with new home security equipment provided by the company.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

All equipment is covered by a lifetime warranty, meaning Protect America will ship replacement parts for all defective equipment at no charge to the customer. As detailed above, Protect America equipment is also free, including one control panel, three door and window sensors, and one motion detector.

Protect America's alarm system provides monitoring through landline (least expensive), broadband, and cellular communication; it's a rarity for a security company to provide all three of these warranties in the residential security system industry.

This type of superior customer service is another way Protect America has set itself apart from its competition.

Variety of Home Security Packages

Protect America offers multiple home security packages that you can customize to fit your particular needs. Each package includes free equipment, free activation, and professional 24/7 monitoring.

You can also upgrade any package to include smart home automation capabilities. For a customized instant quote, you can contact Protect America through the "Visit Site" button at the top of this profile page. Package details for Protect America's three main home security plans are below:

Copper Package

• 3 door/window sensors

Silver Package

• 9 door/window sensors

Platinum Package

• 14 door/window sensors

24/7 Video Monitoring

Protect America's security cameras have 24/7 live video monitoring. There is also a two-way voice capability service that enables communication on both ends. Read Protect America security reviews below to see what customers have to say about video monitoring capabilities.

Industry Experience

Protect America alarm system has been in business since 1992. Having a home security company that has ample experience in alarm systems and burglar and theft situations can give homeowners peace of mind that their home and family will be in good hands.

Protect America has had decades to develop a home security system and alarm monitoring company that is efficient, trustworthy, and affordable.

Protect America Reviews

Protect America reviews are overwhelmingly positive, awarding them an extremely high star rating from consumers. Protect America reviews highlight exceptional customer service, quality equipment, simple installation, and affordable prices.

Satisfactory reviews for Protect America provide peace of mind that the home security company is respected by the majority of its customers. Protect America users are clearly impressed and happy with its products and services.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Cancellation Terms

36-Month Contract

Perhaps the least appealing feature of the alarm company for some people is its 36-month contract. However, lengthy contracts aren't unusual in the home security system industry.

A somewhat lengthy contract is much more common for companies that offer low-cost monitoring fees and free equipment as Protect America does. Read Protect America reviews below to see how customers feel about the lengthy contract and the home security provider as a whole.

Cancellation Terms

If customers decide to cancel their contracts before the 36-month term, Protect America requires them to pay the remaining balance. However, this isn't uncommon with home security companies and Protect America offers an extremely low monthly monitoring fee with no upfront fees or equipment costs.

With this in mind, the long-term contract and cancellation terms may not be a problem.

The Bottom Line

With an impressive array of free equipment, affordable monthly monitoring service, zero upfront costs, and a free moving option, the Protect America security system is one of the most affordable security systems on the market today.

Protect America offers an attractive lifetime warranty on its equipment, a full range of monitoring options, as well as extensive home automation features.

Protect America does require a contract; however, contracts are not unusual for home security companies and Protect America's prices are one of the most affordable security solutions in the market. Also, you may feel more comfortable signing a long-term contract after reading the overwhelmingly positive Protect America reviews (shown below).

Protect America security reviews indicate the home security provider beats out most of its competition in terms of value for the price, customer service, and satisfaction.

Call our recommended rep over at Protect America below.

Brenda Davis
April 13th, 2017 Norlina, NC

It's been very good and it provided a good result. We've had this service for 20 years, and I feel very safe with it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Jose & Julie Sanchez
April 13th, 2017 Tampa, FL

The service itself is okay, I mean, I haven't had the alarm go off too many times. The representatives were good as well, so I believe that overall, it's been a positive experience.

John and Nadolski Weiss
April 13th, 2017 Washington, DC

The service has been pretty good - I'm happy. I live in an urban area and there are a lot or break in, I had people using drugs and drinking in my backyard so I thought it was either just leave the doors open or got a security system. Overall, it's been very good.

Tony Bagley
April 13th, 2017 Riverdale, MD

They are a good company. The equipment is easy to use, so I'm satisfied with them. It's worked for me over the years.

Benito Mares
April 13th, 2017 Lancaster, TX

They've offered an excellent service! Whenever something goes off in the house, they notify us as soon as possible. No delays whatsoever.

Jacqueline & Mark Wolf
April 13th, 2017 Jordan, MN

We're perfectly satisfied with what we have. I already had another service, and Protect America gave me new equipment without making me pay for the stuff. We're not constantly getting phone calls from them either, trying to sell us more, and I think that's fine.

Terrell Morris
April 13th, 2017 Wellston, OH

A lot of the homes around us was getting broken into. Now we've got the alarms on the doors, windows, motion detectors and our console, we have the remote. I'm very satisfied with the service and equipment.

Lynn
April 13th, 2017 Bethlehem, PA

I just wanted my house to be safe. I think the sales team is good. I'm happy with the system but I think it could be more cheaper.

Anita Luckenbaugh
April 13th, 2017 Greenville, SC

Everything with them has been excellent. I just think they're really good; they walk you through the entire process.

Dennis Diehl
April 13th, 2017 Spring, TX

The Sales Team has been satisfactory and very helpful. The equipment is very easy to use as well. I think Protect America is a great company; they're well priced in the market place.

Steven Hoffman
April 13th, 2017 Montague, MI

I did everything on the telephone with them, and it was quite satisfactory. They seemed to know what they were talking about. Any time I set up a system, they talked me right through it.

Concetta Covington
April 13th, 2017 Kinston, NC

I'm dissatisfied with Protect America. They've been collecting my money for couple years now and I have no security.

Keith Lewis
April 13th, 2017 Houston, TX

Everything is pretty good. If I have a problem, I call them and they solve it. The equipment is good; I don't have a problem with the equipment at home.The only feedback I have is that they treat you different when you have a contract with them than when you don't.

Barbara Chandrinos
April 13th, 2017 Scranton, PA

It's been excellent! They offer a great service and their representatives are very good as well. If you ask me, I would say that it was fun to set up the equipment. I already had a false alarm and the police came over right away. They respond pretty quickly.

Jason Cole
April 13th, 2017 Hickory, MS

They need better customer service. You have to leave a message and be called back, and if you're not available at that time it's just a repetitive process. My husband is dealing with the equipment because we got an upgrade and it's difficult to use. I guess I'm satisfied, although it's not the best.

Margie Haas
April 13th, 2017 Sacramento, CA

I always wanted them, and after I widowed, it was the first thing I purchased. Their service is almost perfect and I'm 100% satisfied with the equipment. I only had some trouble with the letter I wanted them to send to the shares department, but that was the only thing that transpired.

HK
April 13th, 2017 Erin, TN

They helped me solve any problem we ran into. We've had a very good relationship with them. It's even been used accidentally a couple of occasions, and it has worked very well. Overall, we're very satisfied with them.

Mario/Merle Teresi
April 13th, 2017 Dundalk, MD

Everything with Protect America has been excellent! From the service, up to the system itself. I just like everything we got.

Vernon Dahl
April 13th, 2017 Woodinville, WA

The service has been just fine so far. It was very easy to set up the system and they were very helpful. I'm definitely satisfied with Protect America.

James White
April 13th, 2017 Oxnard, CA

I have 24/7 security service from Protect America because my insurance company told me I have to have a company that watches out after my home. Overall they are excellent and I'm satisfied with the service

Wellington Wilson
April 13th, 2017 Buhl, ID

Although the service is good, their Sales Team was a little pushy. Besides that, they talked me through the installation process over the phone. I think I will stay with them; there's no reason to leave.

William Zirlott
April 13th, 2017 Irvington, AL

I'm not satisfied with Protect America. They do not provide us with somebody in the area when we need something done to our system.All they do is send the parts and we must do it ourselves. That is very inconvenient because I'm 77 and my husband is 80; we're not able to do that kind of stuff anymore.

Anna Teffeterller
April 13th, 2017 Maryville, TN

They're fantastic! It's wonderful to have it at my home, especially because I live alone and somebody had broken into it before. When my alarm goes off and it's not cut off in a certain time limit, they're calling me or they call the sheriff's department to make sure I'm fine. I find that to be a great service!

James & Pamela Patterson
April 13th, 2017 Fort Wayne, IN

My wife is alone a lot, so we decided to get some Window Alarms for the house. I purchased it online so I didn't talk much to the sales team, but I'm very satisfied with the service. It was easy to install, and when I called Tech Support for help, they were extremely helpful. They even upgraded my entire system to a wireless one, free of charge. They've really been great!

Patricia Thomas
April 13th, 2017 East Troy, WI

Although I have the lowest service, their technicians are always very willing to help. I'm just satisfied with Protect America.

Brian Deppner
April 13th, 2017 Columbus, GA

Alarm companies are similar, so here is why NOT Protect America: After a 3-year service contract I decided to discontinue. I was forwarded to 2 different people until I spoke to someone able to cancel service. She would not take no for an answer, and informally left me with the impression I was going to have my house robbed. After 20 minutes of selling fear, I was directed to my e-mail for an on-line link to discontinue service. The E-mail never came, I had to call back, get forwarded through 2 different people again, and request another E-mail. Then, because I canceled on the 12th, I was made to pay for that month and the following month because they can't prorate service.

Apr 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. If you have a chance, please reply via 'private response' with the full name & address associated with your account. Once we have this information, a team member will reach out to you to work through the above-mentioned issues. Thank you and we look forward to hearing back!

Leo P
April 6th, 2017

Responsive and low wait time if you need to call them, HOWEVER, because I have a cat, it triggered the motion sensor. they called me and let me know that the motion sensor was tripped so I had them call my local police dept. When I got home, the police haven't arrived yet (about 10 minutes after the call) so I decided to check the doors and windows and everything looks fine nothing out of place. Since the police haven't yet shown up there was no longer a need for them. I called the monitoring center so they could let the police know that they no longer needed to come out. The monitoring center, who calls the police dept. is UNABLE to call the police back to let them know that everything is Ok and that they don't need to come out here. This is a problem because when the Police come to an alarm and it's a false alarm like this was, they charge us $100 just to come out. I feel like the monitoring center since they can dispatch the police, should be able to call them back and ask them to cancel the call so we don't get charged for a false alarm.

Patrina Rodriguez
March 29th, 2017 Glen Burnie, MD

Tried to cancel after 30 months of service due to transfer out of state was told could not because of locked in 36 month contract.. NO EXCEPTIONS. Tried to prepay remaining 6 months told could not had to have payment deducted every month and call back in 5 months to give 30 days notice to cancel. Horrible policy. Would not recommend. You never know what can happen in 36 months and I never heard of a company that would not take a prepaid payment!

David Kinsey
March 28th, 2017 Dublin, OH

The biggest issue this company has with it's equipment is the sensors it supplies that stick to your windows with sticky tape and Velcro and if the sun is shinning on the window the excess heat causes them to fall off the window & set off the alarm. They also have a one size/style fits all style of sensors and that doesn't work on our windows because we have the crank out type and the sensors don't mate up with each other like they should.

Coty
March 21st, 2017

I have a problem with the timing. I wasn't sure about the company because I dont know how well I am protected. It uses some of the less fortunate costumers as a sales tactic and that is not why I came here to this company. It gives out free samples knowing that the product is harmful. It confuses me while I am trying to fully understant how company works. The directions from associates are rarely acurate which causes reason to doubt the goals of productivity. All this combined with more free samples from untrusted associate freezes my want to participate even tho i do know this company be what I need for a safer more productive life. Bottom line too much contradicting peices pushing and pulling in to many ways.

Apr 29, 2019

Edward Gundrum
February 21st, 2017 Lebanon, PA

Very easy to set up and it take no time to set up. Every time I've called they have an answer for me and I had no problem so far dealing with them so good company.

M
February 21st, 2017 Kingsport, TN

they do what they said they'd do and they're just very good.

Debra Jones
February 21st, 2017 Myrtle Beach, SC

They're a great company, they've done what I wanted done. I don't have a problem with them at all

Furman Smith
February 21st, 2017 Hartsville, SC

I think they need to come up with a system where you don't need a home phone. The sales people have been okay - not outstanding.

Novella Durham
February 21st, 2017 Reidsville, NC

The service is okay. A lot of times I think it take them a few minutes to call you back and sometimes they don't even call you back. The way it's set up, if you go in and cancel the call, they won't call you back. If I'm coming in and I open the door and the alarm goes off, I cut it off with my key chain on my key, but nobody ever calls me.

C
February 21st, 2017 Chandler, AZ

I recently bought something from them and I added it to my system and that was well. Their costs are very good and not as expensive as most of these well known companies. I like that.

Josefina Munsayac
February 21st, 2017 Elk Grove, CA

My friend just told me that there's an alarm company that is cheaper from the one I had so I got Protect America. I always have calls from somebody or somebody open the door actually what happened is you cannot defense or gets bad and then they sent the policeman take a look at it, protect our house that's the experience that I had from them.

Susan Olney
February 21st, 2017 Rio Rancho, NM

I'm having a hard time using it actually / I don't really use it to much

KC
February 21st, 2017 Walpole, NH

I was extremely pleased with it because they walk me through every part of the process, they made it easy.

ME
February 21st, 2017 Chattanooga, TN

A young man came through selling home alarm systems. He was going door to door selling the system. It's been somewhat great, they don't return in calls as well as they should.

Dave Tomblin
February 21st, 2017 Huntington, WV

Anytime I had a problem they always been able to solve it

Theo Jack
February 21st, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

I haven't got with sales since I used them so I guess I would say they are good because I like the service. It's very simple

Eddy and Maria Muniz
February 21st, 2017 Miami, FL

it was very straight forward. there's not much to it. You open the box you set it up, you call them they walk you through it that's it. I mean they tell you exactly what to do, it was very helpful and very quick and simple, that' it...

Harry Smith
February 21st, 2017 Waymart, PA

I believe that they do need to be in touch with their customers more often than they are to see if there's anything you need or anything that needs to be upgraded or anything like that. They never call you, you always have to call them so you know if you have a problem they never call to see if everything is okay or if you need any help with your equipment or anything. I had an incident in a couple weeks ago where I accidentally hit the button and it set off the alarm and they called right away but the equipment we had a lot of problems with the equipment.

Janice Grochowski
February 21st, 2017 Barstow, CA

We have the home security system. They kept me very safe, in fact on a Christmas eve somebody threw a break to my back window and entered the house and as soon as the alarm went off they went out the front door, nothing was missing so they did their job. they've kept me safe twice so one time somebody tried to break in and they actually caught him during the break in.

Daniel Arroyo
February 21st, 2017 Auburn, WA

For the price it's okay. I needed an alarm because I do travel from time to time and I use to make sure that while I was traveling my house is gonna be safe. I haven't talked to the sales team in a while so I mean other than when I initially bought my system so again it's okay

Phyllis and Michael Dusenbery
February 21st, 2017 Kansas City, MO

We just recently moved about 5 years ago when we bought our equipment with them, it's been good we need to have replace, we replaced it w/o no problem it didn't cost us anything extra or that kind of stuff. Customer support has been really good.

Kelly Williams
February 21st, 2017 Grandview, MO

Every time I call they always help and I get the work done the first time correct.

Linda Ralston
February 21st, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I just wanted to be safe and my home and protect it when I was not here. I think that they're very responsive to helping you if you have any problems you can call them and I think that's an important issue with being able to call them at any moment. I recommend it to anyone, you don't have to be a technology wizard to be able to do it.

Wilson/ Barbara Vinson
February 21st, 2017 Murfreesboro, NC

The guys at Protect America are 100% - no problem with them, I call them up and whoever I talk to if I have a problem they get it's straight right away. The only thing I can say is anybody that go with them should be a 100% satisfied with them because they don't give you no bull and run around, they straight upfront with you.