Guardian Protection

10 hours ago

Guardian Protection

verified
$99 installation fee, 36-60 month contracts

For more than 65 years, Guardian Protection has been a security systems company offering professionally installed burglar alarm and security systems to homes and businesses across the United States. The company currently offers monitoring services to more than 250,000 customers in all 50 states. Guardian Protection products are only available in the following 20 states: Arizona, Delaware, DC, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.

The Good

• Special Pricing for Best Company Visitors
  • Little Upfront Cost
  • Home Theft Protection Guarantee
  • Moving Options
  • High-End Equipment Like Doorbell Camera and Garage Door Control
  • Versatile Monitoring Options

Special Pricing for Best Company Visitors

As of September of 2017, Guardian Protection is offering a $29.99/per month plan for Best Company customers*. Visit the Guardian Protection website through the links in the Intro or The Bottom Line in order to access this special offer.

Little Upfront Cost

Like most professionally installed solutions, a Guardian Protection security system requires little upfront costs and offers free equipment. All it takes is a one-time installation fee with prices varying depending on the package and offer to get started with Guardian Protection. A control panel, motion detectors, door sensors, window sensors, and professional monitoring center services are standard, but video surveillance is only available on more advanced packages.

Home Theft Protection Guarantee

The company also provides a couple of nice policies in the event of a home burglary or customer relocation. Guardian Protection's Home Theft Protection Guarantee gives customers $500 toward their insurance deductible in the event of a home burglary*.

Moving Options

In addition, if a customer decides to move the security system during their contract term, Guardian Protection includes a free base security system for the new home plus a 25 percent discount on additional devices (when customers sign a new 60-month agreement*).

High-End Equipment Like Doorbell Camera and Garage Door Control

Beyond offering most of the basic security and home automation equipment in the industry, Guardian Protection also offers advanced smart security devices such as a doorbell camera—the latest must-have gadget in home automation. This alarm company also sells a remotely controlled garage door opener, which most security providers don't provide. Other devices include smoke detectors, in-home medical pendants, image sensors, and a host of others.

Versatile Monitoring Options

Guardian Protection's monitoring services can be connected by landline, cellular, or boadband connections. This means when your burglar alarm is triggered, Guardian Protection's 24-hour monitoring centers are contacted by one of the three connections—whichever is the most optimal for your system. Many home security companies restrict you to one or two of these choices, so it's good to see companies like Guardian Protection diversifying their service options.

The Bad

• Not Available in Every State
  • Not Available for Apartments
  • Limited Sensors
  • Lengthy/Hidden Terms in Customer Agreement

Not Available in Every State

Though Guardian Protection isn't specific about the states in which its services are not available, the company admits that its services aren't available everywhere in the United States. And although Guardian Protection monitors systems in all 50 states, the company only provides new systems in 20 states.

Not Available for Apartments

In addition, the company doesn't provide services to apartment renters (house renters are fine). Though Guardian Protection has a gamut of equipment options, the company doesn't offer flood/water sensors, which is unusual for a company of its size.

Limited Sensors

In addition, Guardian Protection only provides three door/window sensors with its packages (even including the most expensive package). Even small homes often require more than three door/window sensors, meaning most customers should account for additional out-of-pocket costs on sensors at the very least. Most home security companies will provide additional sensors along with pricier plans.

Lengthy/Hidden Terms in Customer Agreement

Guardian Protection isn't upfront with terms like cancellation penalties and warranty information when it comes to monitoring services. As such, prospective customers are strongly encouraged to read the contract thoroughly before signing. Remember, you're committing to this company's monitoring for three to five years.

The Bottom Line

Guardian Protection offers a solid home security service, including a home protection guarantee* and a variety of packages for every budget. Depending on the package, service will include more advanced security features beyond the typical door and window sensors. Consider the Guardian Protection services reviews below before making your final decision.

*Terms and Conditions Apply

Offer valid for new customers only. Subject to credit approval, a Sales and Installation Agreement and a minimum 36-month Monitoring Agreement at $29.99 per month starting on the date of installation of the security system, which includes an early termination fee. Purchase of a $99 security system required with 1 basic control panel, 1 motion detector and 3 door/window sensors. All additional equipment will be paid for in full by the customer. Requires landline telephone connection.  Offer is subject to change without notice. Limit one offer per new customer contract. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.

Call our recommended rep over at Guardian Protection below.

Mark Burchard
July 17th, 2018 Colora, MD

I have had Guardian Protection since 2001 monitoring my house - and have upgraded original installation since then. Most recently I had Derek B and Dom M out of Delaware office upgrade and tweak my system for the next 5 years of monitoring. Top notch techs, with intimate knowledge of a complex system. Great service and knowledgeable personnel. Highly recommend!!

J Bixon
July 16th, 2018 Pflugerville, TX DETAILS

Very Good in every area except when I put in additional equipment and a tech literally pulled off a bigger camera without asking to put up a smaller camera in its place, leaving a rather large exposed area. I was livid but, it was too late.

Alyssa
July 16th, 2018 Laurel, MD DETAILS

Unpleasant. Install technician rushed through orientation and did not explain the system clearly. Doorbell sensor does not work despite numerous calls to Support to try to fix it. We will be discontinuing our services as soon as possible and dissuading every person from using this company.

July 16th, 2018 Saline, MI DETAILS

installer ricardo was awesome helped me with all apps and was patient

Ta'Nika Lovett
July 16th, 2018 Oswego, IL DETAILS

Great experince... Super fast Response time

Tom
July 16th, 2018 New Kensington, PA DETAILS

They were able to adjust appointments to fit our needs.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hello Thomas, thank you for including Guardian Protection in your new home build! I'm happy to hear the staff has been helpful and responsive when needed. Have a safe day!

Jonathan Kelley
July 11th, 2018 DETAILS

Our home builder put this in. The follow up calls we had could have been a little bit better but they were they were good enough.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hello Jonathan, thank you for including Guardian Protection in your new home build. We hope the security system brings you the peace of mind you deserve. Please contact us anytime you may have questions.

Ronald Jenks
July 11th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

I've only had it about a month. The installation was very professional and they explained everything to me. The cameras are clear and the motion sensors work- love it. It's a great product and definitely lives up to its customer ratings.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Ronald, welcome to the Guardian Protection family! We are honored you chose us for your home security needs and are here 24/7 watching over what matters most when your system is armed. Have a safe day!

Jeffrey Schutz
July 11th, 2018 Taylor, TX DETAILS

They've been helpful very helpful throughout the whole process of setup. It's very easy to use and very quick on the response when the alarm goes off.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Jeffrey, thank you for the helpful review of your services. Our top priority is to provide our clients with award-winning security monitoring and peace of mind.

Chen Tang
July 11th, 2018 Malvern, PA DETAILS

Customer Service is good, I haven't had any issues using the equipment. My builder recommended them.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Chen, thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! We appreciate your business and are honored to help protect what matters most to you.

James Palmer
July 11th, 2018 Bradenton, FL DETAILS

I had them in the past they did a good job, they are better than the competition. They actually responded when I had a false alarm. With the equipment you don't have to worry about them running lots and lots of cable in your house.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi James, thank you for the amazing customer testimonial! I'm glad to hear you find our services top of the line and the response time on alarms has provided you the peace of mind you deserve.

July 11th, 2018 DETAILS

We got this when we moved in a few years ago. If we have had any trouble they are able to fix it by phone or come right out. We're very happy with it. They recently added some big security features that are very nice.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hello thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs! We appreciate your loyalty and feedback. Have a safe day!

Michael Quinn
July 11th, 2018 DETAILS

This was an option given to us by our home builder. One of the cameras on the outside doesn't have the right wide angle that we're hoping for. The technicians were kind of a comedy of errors and they had to come back three different times. It finally end up a happy ending, it just took a lot of different trips and working with Customer service to make it happen. For what you pay for the value is good. You get a good security system -the cameras work and company is trustworthy.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Michael, thank you for the honest feedback on your experience with Guardian Protection. I'm glad to hear everything worked out well with the service. We are here 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have in the future.

Adam Brown
July 11th, 2018 Dayton, OH DETAILS

They did awesome job! The gentleman that came out to install my equipment was intelligent, polite and very professional. The equipment is specialized and modernized and you can access it through your cellular device. You don't have to wonder if you set your alarm, you know your house is secure. I like having that accessibility anywhere I go.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Adam, thank you for sharing your great customer experience! The smart home automation features are really great for on-the-go control of your security system. We are honored to provide you with peace of mind around the clock.

Michelle Martens
July 11th, 2018 Seven Valleys, PA DETAILS

Customer support has answered any concerns that I've had. It's very easy to use and I like the mobile app ability. The only negative thing that I can say is for whatever reason I'm not able to log into my account online and some of the emails they sent are a little vague. For example, there was one email about increased rates to my statement but then it didn't explain any further as to why there were changes. And, I can't log in to access it. I have called customer support and they are pretty helpful and I've had great service, just frustrated about increased rates and no way to log in online.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Michelle, Thank you for the great feedback on your experience with Guardian Protection. We want to make sure you are 100% satisfied so please give us a call or email [email protected] with your address of service. I would be happy to look into your billing question.

Micheale Smith
July 11th, 2018 Lewes, DE DETAILS

They are very responsive and helpful. You can call and get in contact with somebody pretty much any time, and they have stopped by to explain things too. We haven't had any issues with it. The pricing seems reasonable, an overall good experience with them.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Micheale, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Guardian Protection. We are honored to be your security provider and thank you for being a valued customer!

Sanda Puscau
July 11th, 2018 Clarksburg, MD DETAILS

I had this system before in a previous residence and I enjoyed them and was so secure I went with them again. They are always responsive and always make the appointments they set. The equipment is great,I've been happy with it and how it works. The price is reasonable for the security that they provide. I was able to customize my home the way I wanted to provide the security I'm comfortable with. I would recommend them to anyone.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hello Sanda, Thank you for your loyalty and being a long time customer! It's wonderful to hear you are experiencing the value and peace of mind a security system brings.

Bindhu Subramanian
July 11th, 2018 Waxhaw, NC DETAILS

I had this in my previous house, so I got it for my new one. It's pretty expensive but, it works as expected.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hello Bindhu, Thank you for moving your Guardian Protection Services to your new home! We are honored to help protect your family and what matters most every day.

Christopher Wood
July 11th, 2018 Bowie, MD DETAILS

It's a very efficient process that we appreciate. We feel better having it but, I am having problems with my doorbell in my phone.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Christopher, Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs. We are more than happy to help with the doorbell camera, I see you called on 6/22 to discuss but were not home to troubleshoot at the time. Please give us a call at your convenience or message us here if you are still experiencing issues.

Nathan Dixon
July 11th, 2018 Joppa, MD DETAILS

They are reliable and it's easy to use. Our builder recommended this security system. They have been very supportive in their follow up after the installation. I get emails with all the information I need.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Nathan, Thank you for building with Guardian Protection! We trust our award-winning security bring you the peace of mind you deserve. Please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance.

Mary Dellinger
July 11th, 2018 Greenville, SC DETAILS

I've only had to call them once and they were very helpful but I was supposed to get a video doorbell installed and that was not done. I got a phone call back saying that they were aware that it had not been done but that someone would contact me the next day that was about a week ago I haven't heard from him since. I think they are a little expensive.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Mary, thank you for the constructive feedback on your security services. Unfortunately we were back-logged on the video doorbells for awhile but are working hard to install them for our valued clients. Please message us here if you experience any further issues.

Vivian Allen
July 11th, 2018 DETAILS

I like it and the equipment works. They come out when you call them.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Vivian, Thank you for being a part of the Guardian Protection family! We appreciate your loyalty and feedback. Have a great day!

Dee Bosold
July 11th, 2018 Temple, PA DETAILS

They are very reliable.Their customer service is really good.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Dee, Thank you for taking the time to review Guardian Protection Services. Our goal is to provide you with quality, reliable services that provide you with peace of mind every day!

John Cardini
July 11th, 2018 DETAILS

They're always quick and right to the point to handle any problems immediately. This system is more advanced than anything I've ever dealt with. It is cheaper than ADT

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi John, Thank you for the great review of your security services with Guardian Protection! It's wonderful to hear we beat out the competition and that you are enjoying your top of the line system.

Tiffani Coots
July 11th, 2018 Dayton, OH DETAILS

The previous owner installed it. Customer Service has always been super helpful and its never failed us so far.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Tiffani, Thank you for taking the time to review your services with Guardian Protection. It's wonderful to hear our staff has been efficient and helpful; we are always happy to help!

Tracy Hanks
July 11th, 2018 Dumfries, VA DETAILS

My building has this security system. Poor customer service, but system is efficient.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Tracy, thank you for taking the time to review your services with Guardian Protection. I'm sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our customer care team. Please message back here if we can assist any further. Our goal is to delight each client on each and every interaction.

Daniel Pearson
July 11th, 2018 New Braunfels, TX DETAILS

The install is quick and fast. It integrates very easily and you can do things from Apple with it..

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Daniel, Thank you for the feedback on your installation with Guardian. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the more technical aspects of your services, have a safe day!

Holliday Taretha
July 11th, 2018 Kansas City, KS DETAILS

It's not working right now. I packed it up in my box, I want my money back on my card because my alarm is not working.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear you are having troubles with the services. I would like to look into this issue for you and make sure you enjoy the peace of mind a monitored security system brings. Please private message your address of services or email [email protected] Sincerely, Nathan D Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Tristan Heinmiller
July 11th, 2018 Clarksburg, MD DETAILS

I had timely responses through text messaging and email with any questions or issues. They were offered through my home builder.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Tristan, thank you for building with Guardian Protection! We appreciate your time to leave us a review and hope the system brings you peace of mind.

Nicole Jahns
July 11th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

This security system is user friendly. They are able to answer my questions whenever we need them too.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Nicole, thank you for the great feedback on your experience with Guardian Protection. I'm so glad to hear the system has proved user-friendly for you. Please let us know if you ever have further questions.

Donald Swinney
July 11th, 2018 Detroit, MI DETAILS

I used this security system with a previous home and got it for my new home. This is very easy to use and they're alert very thorough with it.

NathanJul 11, 2018

Hi Donald, thank you for moving with Guardian Protection! We appreciate your loyalty and feedback, please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance.

Alicia Holman
July 11th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I like product, but they need to be more cohesive in having all of the products work together better. There service with Home Security is great. Their customer service reps are friendly and very helpful. Always willing to help problem solve.

NathanJun 25, 2018

Hi Alicia, Thank you for sharing your experience with Guardian Protection! I'm happy to hear you are enjoying the security services. Please let us know if you ever have further questions.

anonymous
July 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Their customer service answers my questions every time I call. Their product also works.

NathanJul 10, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Guardian Protection. We are happy to provide your family with peace of mind.

Min Feng
July 9th, 2018 DETAILS

It's a great company and a good service. Their customer support is very responsive and every time I call they always give me a solution and fix my problem.

NathanJul 10, 2018

Hello Min, Thank you for sharing your impressive customer testimonial. We are honored to be your home security provider.

Jose Pizarro
July 9th, 2018 DETAILS

They're working properly and I have no problems. If anything happens they call right away.

NathanJul 10, 2018

Hi Jose, Thank you for being a part of the Guardian family! We appreciate your loyalty and are here to help protect what matters most to you every day.

Mitchell Stanley
July 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Anytime we've had issues with our alarm system if they haven't been able to help us fix it over the phone then they send someone out within the next couple days to get it fixed.

NathanJul 10, 2018

Hi Mitchell, Thank you for sharing your service experience with Guardian Protection! I'm glad to hear the service department has been able to schedule your visits efficiently. Please let us know if you ever have further questions.

Kathy
July 9th, 2018 DETAILS

The installer was very friendly and helped me to understand everything I needed to know.

NathanJul 10, 2018

Hi Kathy, Thank you for the great feedback regarding your installation. We welcome you to the Guardian family and look forward to providing you with peace of mind.

Carissa Lavette
July 9th, 2018 DETAILS

Every time I've talked to them they've provided very nice personable people and it's been very consistent. Their touch screen is very user friendly and easy to use.

NathanJul 10, 2018

Hi Carissa, thank you for the great review of your services! We appreciate the feedback and I'm so happy to hear the systme is user-friendly for you.

Careen Behrens
July 9th, 2018 DETAILS

They're very responsive but also very expensive.

Don Irwin
July 9th, 2018 DETAILS

The technician that came out was very friendly and helpful. It's all very modern with Wifi and apps and everything, It's very friendly.

NathanJul 10, 2018

Hi Don, Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs. It sounds like you got the latest and greatest technology with your system, have fun!