Founded in 2019 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, Militia Protection is a veteran-owned and operated home security installer that provides customized solutions to homes and businesses alike. The security company has partnered with some of the most trusted names in the industry to provide quality monitoring, equipment, and home automation services to its clients.
- Industry Partnerships
- Competitive Security Products
- Smart Home Integration
- No-Contract Option
- Military Discounts
As mentioned above, Militia Protection has partnered with industry leaders to provide customers with state-of-the-art systems and service:
- Vector Security — Militia Protection is an Authorized Vector Security Installer, meaning all of Militia Protection’s home security installations come with monitoring courtesy of Vector Security. This includes professional security monitoring, fire alarm monitoring, video surveillance, personal emergency response, and energy monitoring.
- Alarm.com — Militia Protection is also an Authorized Alarm.com Installer, meaning all home automation capabilities and integrations are powered by one of the most respected names in the business.
- Qolsys — each Militia Protection home security system features the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 at its center. The IQ Panel 2 is the latest control panel offering from Qolsys and is one of the most intuitive, user-friendly interfaces in home security.
Competitive Security Products
Militia Protection offers customers a full line of home security products designed to monitor and protect against nearly every possible security situation:
- Qolsys IQ 2 Panel — comes with a seven-inch HD touchscreen and built-in 5PM camera
- 2GIG C2G System — comes with cellular radio, two-way voice, and built-in Z-Wave integration
- Honeywell Tuxedo Touch — comes with a seven-inch, high-resolution touchscreen
- Motion detector — can be set to 30-, 50-, and 80-pound limits and has a three-foot detection radius
- Glass break detector — designed to detect the sound of breaking glass within a 15-foot, open air radius
- Smart smoke detector — detects smoke through both a photosynthetic lens as well as ion-based internal sensors
- Carbon monoxide detector — detects any type of natural gas leak within a 20-foot radius
- Door and window sensor — triggers when a door or window has opened while the system is armed
- Micro window and door sensor — operate just like their larger counterparts, but have a slightly shorter range of communication with the central hub
- Shock/vibration sensor — designed to detect severe vibration
- Heat detector — designed to detect sudden rises in temperature
- Flood sensor — detects signs of pooling water under water fixtures
- Skybell Video Doorbell Camera — built with 1080p video resolution and two-way voice communication
- Alarm.com IP Camera — comes with 1080p video resolution, infrared night vision, two-way communication, and records video when its motion sensor is triggered
Smart Home Integration
In addition to its array of impressive security features, Militia Protection also offers customers a line of home automation products to help monitor their energy usage and provide additional security. All Militia Protection smart home products are Z-Wave compatible:
- Smart thermostat
- Smart door lock
- Light switches
- Smart lighting/light bulbs
- Z-Wave Repeater
- Garage door opener
Militia Protection offers customers a no-contract option for security services. Specific terms of the no-contract option can be obtained by contacting the company directly or obtaining a free quote.
As a veteran-owned and -operated security service, Militia Protection takes pride in giving back to its community, especially military veterans. If you are a veteran of the US Armed Services, Militia Protection will work with you to provide an affordable system that works with your budget and security needs.
- Possible Brand Confusion
- Pricing Disclosed with Free Quote
- Only Available in Texas
- No Packages or DIY Option
Possible Brand Confusion
Although Militia Protection is an authorized installer of both Vector Security and Alarm.com products, these partnerships may induce some confusion for customers unfamiliar with how the home security ecosystem works. For example, though the system is installed by Militia Security, the yard signs and decals that come with the system will likely have the Vector Security or Alarm.com brand on them.
Pricing Disclosed with Free Quote
While Militia Protection advertises “transparent pricing” customers will need to obtain a free quote from the company before any pricing figures are disclosed. Leading security companies provide pricing figures for equipment, monthly monitoring, and setup fees directly on their consumer-facing website.
Only Available in Texas
Militia Protection is only available to residents and business owners in the following Texas cities:
- League City
- Missouri City
No Packages or DIY Option
Militia Protection does not advertise preset home security packages or do-it-yourself security options; instead, customers will likely receive a customized, professionally installed solution for their home or business.
The Bottom Line
If you live in the Greater Houston area, and would like to work with a local home security provider that is run by and supports veterans of the US military, Militia Protection could be the right company for you. The company offers an impressive line of home security and smart home products, and its industry partnerships speak for themselves.
Customers will need to contact Militia Protection directly to learn more about its pricing, monitoring, and contract details. As always, we encourage homeowners to read the latest Militia Protection reviews to see how the company compares to leading providers in their area.