LOUD Security Systems Logo

LOUD Security Systems

Is This Your Business?

LOUD Security Systems is family owned, and has been in operation since 1995. It is CSAA Five Diamond certified, and boasts having the best central station operators available. Additionally, the company works with central stations that are "Five Diamond Certified." LOUD Security has over 8,500 customers, and is most recognized across Cobb County and Atlanta, Georgia. When coming to the company, customers can expect to talk with a consultant to customize a security system that is best fit for their home.

The Good

• Cancellation Code
  • Electronic Billing
  • 24/7 Technical Assistance
  • Emergency Protection
  • Honeywell Dealer
  • In Service for Two Decades

Loud Security Systems has been in the industry for 21 years, and is an authorized Honeywell dealer. Customers can speak directly with the owner, John Loud, if they have questions. In fact, the website gives out the same contact information for John Loud that his family uses. LOUD Security has operators that are on hand 24/7, everyday of the year. The company's U.L. certified central stations make sure security, and fire emergencies are handled by experienced professionals. Additionally, should there be a natural disaster, LOUD Security has a central monitoring station backed up out of state. Those that have questions can take advantage of the company's 24/7 live technical assistance. Owners can choose a cancellation word that will be used to cancel the dispatch authorities if there is a false alarm. If you do need help after business hours, you can call LOUD Security's answering service which can help provide information depending on the problem. If the service is unable to help, there is an after-hours technician that can help with emergencies. The company gives customers the ability to get their bill electronically, and pay automatically each month. LOUD Security boasts that customers can pay online from any device at any time.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • 36-Month Contact
  • Telephone Activation Fee
  • Limited Pricing Information

LOUD Security offers a free First Alert/Honeywell alarm system valued at $895; however, the company provides a disclaimer that one may have to pay a telephone activation fee. Additionally, the free system requires rental station monitoring and a 36-month agreement. Customers can choose to add equipment to the free system for an additional charge. It is important to note that the website does not include if the company has a money-back guarantee, moving policy, or cancellation policy. Equipment costs are not outlined and equipment is not thoroughly explained. The company professionally installs systems but does not provide information on the installation or activation fee. LOUD Security also mentions offering home automation system capabilities but does not elaborate on if the systems include smart lighting, thermostat control, smart appliances, or smart locks. Though LOUD Security does not include a lot of information on state availability, the company appears to work mainly in the Atlanta, Georgia area. It is unclear whether or not LOUD Security installs systems outside of Georgia.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

LOUD Security is CSAA certified, and offers 24/7 monitoring capabilities. Since the company customizes each home security system to the customer's needs, no two home security systems are exactly the same. LOUD Security offers customers the ability to get a free security system. It is important to note that LOUD Security works with a 36-month contract. If you live in Georgia, and especially around the Atlanta and Kennesaw area, LOUD Security may be worth looking into; however, for the lack of information on the company's website, we recommend exploring other, more transparent companies for home security needs.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.0

ByGeo Conyers, GA

They sent me a contract that was completely unacceptable. I found several issues with it and told them I would not sign. One issue I had was a 30-day prior notice of cancellation. Another was the contract stating it had the right to go on my property at any time to service or remove "their" equipment. I had paid for the equipment so why sign something that says it is theirs. I refused to sign the contract and expected that my dealing with them ended when I stopped paying for months in advance. They refused to provide me service without a contract. Still, they insist that I pay for services that were not provided. I offered a compromise to pay for 2 of three months that they failed to disconnect my service. I considered that my service ended, so in reality, I did not feel I should pay for any of the 3 months. I was willing to pay for 1 month just to give them 30 days, or 2 months if they provided me with an invoice for only 2 months. Their response so far is that I am lucky that they were not holding me to pay for more months, insisting on holding me to the contract I refused to sign or pay for.

Eric Kennesaw, GA

LOUD Security has always been one of my favorite security companies in Atlanta. They give great service and they always support the community.