Hoffman Electronics provides home security solutions for its customers in the Central California Valley area. However, monthly monitoring rates, professional installation fees, and equipment costs are not publicly disclosed on the company's website. The family owned and operated company offers remote system access of home security equipment and 24/7 professional monitoring. According to its corporate website, Hoffman Electronics was named by SDM Magazine as one of the top 100 USA alarm companies.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• 24/7 Professional Monitoring
  • Mobile Remote System Access
  • Customer Assistance Program
  • Wireless Video Verification

Hoffman Electronics provides a comprehensive range of home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote system access on any iPhone or Android mobile device. The company provides protection against burglar intrusion, fire, and medical emergencies. Customers receive instant text/email event notifications and can control home temperature, lighting, door locks, and small appliances from their mobile device.

Video surveillance systems help customers view and record home activity from a remote location. Wireless video verification sends video alerts to both the customer and local police regarding any home intrusion attempts to help catch criminals faster. Video footage storage is unlimited with no software needed and features a search engine to find clips more quickly. The company's Customer Assistance Program gives customers 24/7 access to trained security specialists for any troubleshooting questions on home security equipment they may have.

The Bad

• Limited Automation Features
  • Undisclosed Pricing
  • No Equipment Warranty Information
  • No Contract Length Disclosure

Hoffman Electronics does not list pricing information for its home security equipment, monthly monitoring, professional installation, or service call fees on its website. There is also no information provided on any offered warranties on equipment. The company does not appear to offer certain home automation and security features such as water detection sensors, video doorbell surveillance, or garage door access services for its customers. Customers may need to pay for installation and equipment upfront and may be financially responsible for technician service calls and replacement parts. The company does not provide details on how long its service agreement contract commitments are. However, the industry standard is typically three to five years for most home security companies. Customers are also required to obtain an alarm permit from their local municipalities that must be renewed on a yearly basis.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Hoffman Electronics offers comprehensive home security solutions with 24/7 professional monitoring and remote mobile system access for its California customers. The company provides video surveillance, fire and burglar alarms, medical monitoring, and more. However, the home security company does not disclose important details upfront about its products and services such as contract lengths, service fees, equipment costs and warranties.

View Best Home Security Companies

5.0

Adam

July 16th, 2017

I love having Hoffman. I've had Hoffman for years. I have it for my home and both my businesses. The installers are great. Perfectionist, courtesy, always professional. I love that I can secure my alarm from my home or my cell. On days I'm rushing out of my house and I'm not sure if the alarm was set, I just check my phone. I get notifications on whose coming and going. If there's a neighborhood outage it notifies me. At both my business they not only set up the security they installed the cameras. They handle it all, no third party. I have recommended to all my family and friends. I've set my alarm off on a few occasions by accident and the operator calls immediately to check up to be sure everything is okay even if I disarmed it. Definitely worth the call.